Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I feel better about watching especially now because Kreisberg is not in charge there right now, but I get why watching something we know he HAD been in charge of might be troublesome.  But CP's comment more than anything made me wonder how much she has to say on the matter herself (as in has she also experienced issues stemming from Kreisberg) and so by watching, I also feel like I'd be possibly supporting her as well.  But again, I think how anyone reacts (keep watching or not) is their individual right way to react.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So evil versions show up during her wedding, she runs around in her wedding dress for at least an episode and she teams up with Felicity in their own court.  Does it sound to anyone else like Iris and Felicity get kidnapped and taken? Could that be why everyone heads over to EarthX?  (Also, I propose for ease and the sake of clarity, any doppelgangers should be referred to as OliverX, TommyX, KaraX or FelicityX ect, ect)  

I think there was a scene where CP, EBR, and Chyler were all together on a set and that's where paps got their first pics of the Nazi soldiers walking around outside where they were supposed to be filming, so maybe?

• Love 1

Honestly, I can see where people might come back to the Flash because now there's an explanation on why the writing for women is subpar even compared to other shows in the Arrowverse. Before some people were like "God, they're clueless and never gonna get it; I'm out." But now there's a hope that maybe just the showrunner was clueless and the rest might be fine, once they're in a position to make their voices heard.

ETA: Can't wait to see what Mickname Rory comes up with for Iris. It's funny; I was reading an article about the teamups the author would most like to see in the Arrowverse, and Iris/Mick was among the few named because of how their personalities would click/clash. There's no love lost between Barry and Mick, so I'm kind of hoping Iris and Mick like and respect each other, just to mess with his head.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So evil versions show up during her wedding, she runs around in her wedding dress for at least an episode and she teams up with Felicity in their own court.  Does it sound to anyone else like Iris and Felicity get kidnapped and taken? Could that be why everyone heads over to EarthX?  (Also, I propose for ease and the sake of clarity, any doppelgangers should be referred to as OliverX, TommyX, KaraX or FelicityX ect, ect)  

Edited:  I just remembered the Pipeline Picture after the wedding gets broken up.   So nope to my theory.  Unless they get taken afteward?

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think there was a scene where CP, EBR, and Chyler were all together on a set and that's where paps got their first pics of the Nazi soldiers walking around outside where they were supposed to be filming, so maybe?

Wasn't there a tweet about a late night filming with EBR, CP and a few others (VG? TC? can't remember) during the crossover? I remember my first thought when I saw that tweet being that they were taken. 

And there will probably be plenty of opportunities for at least one character to be kidnapped during the crossover. They have four episodes, remember. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

There's also this papp spoiler...

-- On Sep. 21, 2017, papp tweeted: "Ok so who is excited for a crossover scene involving ONLY Iris, Felicity, and Kara?" (lemon_buzz tweet, page 367 of Mind Your Surrouindings thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Honestly, I can also imagine Iris trying on dresses and asking herself this...just in case, lol.  

Agree and it is also a continuation of Iris thinking/believing things always go wrong when she tries to marry/be with Barry.

13 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Honestly, I can see where people might come back to the Flash because now there's an explanation on why the writing for women is subpar even compared to other shows in the Arrowverse. Before some people were like "God, they're clueless and never gonna get it; I'm out." But now there's a hope that maybe just the showrunner was clueless and the rest might be fine, once they're in a position to make their voices heard.

I admit that I'm hoping that this will all lead to better writing for Iris and Caitlin.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Maybe it's our Oliver going undercover?....
DOkCxMlVQAAC1Yo.jpg 

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/930277850028105728

stephen wasted no time to post that screen shot, I think he was trying to perhaps let ppl know that not everything is as it seems in the pic. 

I personally will support the actresses/actors by watching the shows that I already do,, they want to keep working and working on their craft and this scandal has somewhat made it easier for them to be heard and for other to empathize  with them.

• Love 3

Superhero actresses are using their power to take on Hollywood sexual harassment
By Michael Cavna   November 13 at 1:54 PM  
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/11/13/superhero-actresses-are-using-their-power-to-take-on-hollywood-sexual-harassment

ACTRESSES WHO star on some of TV’s top superhero shows aren’t naming names. But in the wake of Warner Bros.’s suspension last week of producer Andrew Kreisberg following allegations about his behavior, several performers in DC Comics-based TV shows are speaking out against sexual harassment in Hollywood. Their statements come after their big-screen superhero brethren Ellen Page and Anna Paquin have been taking on producer-director Brett Ratner in the wake of an L.A. Times report of sexual misconduct allegations against him.

“When people commit crimes or harass others, they should always be held accountable — no matter what industry they work in or how much power they wield,” Melissa Benoist, the title star of the CW’s “Supergirl,” said in a statement posted Sunday night on her Twitter account.
Supergirl” castmate Chyler Leigh followed up by posting Sunday to Instagram, beginning with a Maya Angelou quote to urge women to support each other: “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.”
And Emily Bett Rickards from The CW’s “Arrow” tweeted Sunday: “To the men who committed sexual harassment, who perpetuated rape culture, who turn a ‘blind eye,’ and complain about ‘reverse sexism’: You are weak and complicit.”

Rickards’s tweet also addressed women who are sharing their stories of assault and harassment: “To the women who found the strength to speak up, to the women who supported one another and to the women finding their voice: You can. You are heroines.”
And Page Six reported last week, citing only an unnamed industry source, that “Wonder Woman” actress Gal Gadot had issued an ultimatum to try to force Ratner off any "Wonder Woman” sequel. On Monday, Warner Bros. told Business Insider that the Page Six report was “false.”

Two of Gadot’s “Justice League” co-stars, Ben Affleck and Jason Momoa, have made headlines since the New York Times and the New Yorker broke the Harvey Weinstein story last month that has sent a massive shock wave throughout the culture, rippling from Hollywood to media to politics.
Momoa apologized last month after video resurfaced of a “Game of Thrones” rape joke he made during a Comic-Con presentation in 2011. Facing harassment claims, Affleck apologized last month on social media for groping actress Hilarie Burton on “Total Request Live” in 2003, and then said that he was looking at his own behavior “and making sure I’m part of the solution.” (Damage control unfolded ahead of the debut of their “Justice League” this Friday.)

Edited by tv echo

If Brett Ratner is still attached to Wonder Woman 2, do you still go to see it? And, given these sexual harassment claims against Ben Affleck, do you still go to see Justice League? That's the dilemma - maybe. There's still hundreds of other people involved in those movies (cast, crew)...

Ben Affleck Pledges To Address His Behavior After Sexual Harassment Claims
By Cole Delbyck  November 6, 2017
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-affleck-pledges-to-address-his-behavior-after-sexual-harassment-claims_us_5a0063c1e4b0c9653000e727

Hours later, actress Hilarie Burton said Affleck sexually harassed her during a 2003 TRL interview.

Affleck has since apologized for “acting inappropriately” but stayed silent when another woman, makeup artist Annamarie Tendler, came forward to say that Affleck groped her at a Golden Globes party in 2014. 

Perhaps his biggest detractor has been actress Rose McGowan, one of the many women who’ve spoken out against Weinstein, who claimed Affleck was well aware of sexual misconduct.  

Edited by tv echo
Just now, tv echo said:

If Brett Ratner is still attached to Wonder Woman 2, do you still go to see it?

That one doesn't really seem to matter since it looks like Ratpac won't be involved in WW2 anyway.

http://www.businessinsider.com/warner-bros-says-story-false-gal-gadot-wont-be-in-wonder-woman-2-if-brett-ratner-involved-2017-11

23 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

stephen wasted no time to post that screen shot, I think he was trying to perhaps let ppl know that not everything is as it seems in the pic. 

Yeah, he's done that before, hasn't he? I at least remember him doing that for the 416 wedding.

Unconfirmed...

Justice League Will Feature Black Canary…Kind Of
Matt Joseph   November 11, 2017
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/justice-league-will-feature-black-canary-kind/

... It would seem so, as reports are surfacing that confirm earlier rumors of a Black Canary cameo in Zack Snyder’s Justice League. According to several users on Reddit, the character appears in the film but doesn’t go by her superhero name. Instead, she’s just referred to as Dinah Laurel Lance and shows up as a civilian. Whether this is simply a fun easter egg for fans to pick up on or a seed planted for future appearances is unknown, but it’s definitely exciting.
Now, Reddit is hardly the most trustworthy source, but further proof of a Black Canary cameo comes from Jeremy Conrad, who’s seen the film and took to Twitter to offer confirmation that she’s in it. He noted that it’s not a very significant role, but again, this might just be a way of introducing her into the DCEU so that the studio can bring her back in the future. After all, she has been rumored for Batgirl in the past.

Of course, there’s always a chance that we’ll sit down in theaters on November 17th only to find no trace of Black Canary whatsoever, but the amount of evidence pointing towards her being included is overwhelming and with the review embargo for Justice League set to lift early next week, it shouldn’t be too much longer now before we get firm confirmation....

Edited by tv echo

I'm debating whether I want to keep watching or not. 

I completely get that everyone is going to react and feel differently about this and that it's a personal choice about watching or not watching. Myself I know that this has distracted me enough that right now I'm not that interested in what's happening on the show or what's coming up on the show. Which sucks because I loved Arrow and for 5 years it's been one of my escape shows I watch when I don't want to think about how crappy the real world is.

Yes Kreisberg is 'suspended' - not fired, but he's presumably still receiving a pay pack and will continue to recieve royalties. But beyond that we now know from Marc's former assistant that he was aware of Kreisbergs behavior, didn't care  and wasn't a respectful boss himself. And I can't really believe any theories that Berlanti didn't know or wasn't aware.  When he had multiple female directors declining to work on his shows or come back to work on his shows and one director (Lexi) publicly state that it was due to a frat boy toxic environment that should have given Berlanti warning signals. But as long as the money and the offers and praise from the CW was rolling in why rock the boat...

I think it's damaging to assume that with Kreisberg suspended that solves everything or makes up for everything. Just like it's damaging to think Harvey being fired is the end of everything and not questioning the fact that the Weinstein Company knew, did nothing and even rumoredly had people on their payroll who sole job was to protect Harvey and assist his behavior (find him prostitues etc). 

That being said on the other side I do feel a loyalty to the actors and the characters they work hard on to play and have spent years being invested in their journey and I do still want the characters I love to have good outcomes. 

Its a tough one.

• Love 3

I'll watch to support Candice and the other women on and off the screen on the show. CP's tweet just makes me think she was personally affected by what's going on with Kriesberg. I wonder if that explains why CL was at that the Flash dinner last year. CP wanted a friend with her at all times. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Hartley Sawyer | Flash Season 4 on Set
Published on Nov 14, 2017, by KSiteTV

Ralph's Elongated Man Costume on 'The Flash' Will Evolve
By RUSS BURLINGAME - November 13, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/14/ralphs-elongated-man-costume-on-the-flash-will-evolve/

During a recent interview on the set of The Flash, Sawyer admitted that his character doesn't love the costume seen in tomorrow's episode, and he might be making some demands of Cisco in the not-too-distant future.

"Yes, it does go through an evolution," Sawyer told reporters. "He will get a better suit. A different suit. Maybe not better. It's very, very different."
"The learning curve from zero to hero is a pretty big one," Sawyer admitted. "It takes most of the episode for him to get there. It's tricky because Ralph was not, you know, a bad guy but has just gone on this path. And so coming back from that has been tricky. And also kind of the animosity with Barry has been tricky for him too, but it's given us a lot of opportunities to play off of that. And just now getting these powers it's sort of like winning the lottery, like 'I'll buy an island, I'll do this, I'll do that'. It's like whoa [but] take it easy. It's kind of like learning that there are risks that come with that too."

Edited by tv echo
Just now, LeighAn said:

Don't they always get a 0.5?

Last week the splits in the age groups were .3 and .6 and this week it's .4 and .7 and the HH numbers went up a bit. Basically it held from last week, I guess I just meant rose a little bit, not that much difference.

9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Last week the splits in the age groups were .3 and .6 and this week it's .4 and .7 and the HH numbers went up a bit. Basically it held from last week, I guess I just meant rose a little bit, not that much difference.

Ah okay. I must admit I don't really pay much attention their numbers. I don't even really pay that much attention to Arrows numbers haha

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Ah okay. I must admit I don't really pay much attention their numbers. I don't even really pay that much attention to Arrows numbers haha

The Key Demo and viewers pretty much stayed the same from last week. This is their normal ratings.

I have to give it up to Supergirl. It's ratings may be underwhelming for a show that is only in it's third season, but it's definitely the most consistent of the DC CW-shows this year. Every episode falls in the range of 1.75 - 1.87 million viewers. 

Edited by strikera0

I doubt that many in the general public have heard about Kreisberg's suspension so I'm not surprised at the ratings.

Speaking of last night's episode. what drugs are coming down from Canada? Cheap prescription meds?

5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I feel better about watching especially now because Kreisberg is not in charge there right now, but I get why watching something we know he HAD been in charge of might be troublesome.  But CP's comment more than anything made me wonder how much she has to say on the matter herself (as in has she also experienced issues stemming from Kreisberg) and so by watching, I also feel like I'd be possibly supporting her as well.  But again, I think how anyone reacts (keep watching or not) is their individual right way to react.   

AK never had a much time for Iris so I can believe that he didn't for CP either.

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Yes Cartermatt because that's what's really important and not the harassment and the protecting of the harassers by the production (sarcasm) 

To be fair, they did the "it's so horrible" post here.

n the wake of Andrew Kreisberg’s suspension from Warner Bros. TV over multiple accusations of sexual harassment and misconduct, Stephen Amell is speaking out. What’s important about this is that he is probably the face of the entire CW superhero franchise more so than any other one actor. Arrow was the first edition of the franchise, he’s incredibly active in the convention circuit, and routinely has taken it upon himself to be in a leadership role both on-set and as well as off set. It’s a role he’s comfortable with and he has no problem speaking his mind.

Today, he proved that by sharing a video statement on Facebook regarding some of the accusations against Kreisberg, and went on to support his current co-star Emily Bett Rickards, who earlier today spoke out about the issue while also subtly tearing into fellow executive producer Marc Guggenheim for bringing up the words “reverse sexism” in a separate discussion. Amell also mentions Supergirl star Melissa Benoist and Legends of Tomorrow star Caity Lotz, who both have also made statements supporting their cast and crew and blasting those who choose to do such unspeakable things to people in the work place.

The other post was about that a lot of people go into making the show, and they are all affected.  It's find for Netflix to cancel House of Cards but there are a lot of people on that show, innocent of what Spacey did, who are going to lose their jobs.  Contrary to what Ken says it's not always that easy to get another one.

If I were in charge of Netflix programming, I’d keep HOC cancelled but hire everyone involved (not including anyone who may have covered for Spacey or taken part in harassment themselves) to work on any of the shows that are still in development. 

• Love 2

Hmm - I wasn't aware of the controversy over the change in the Amazons' outfits from Wonder Woman to Justice League...

The Amazons’ New Clothes
Kimi  November 11, 2017  
http://www.goldenlasso.net/the-amazons-new-clothes/ 

This abrupt change of direction is a shock and these outfits look like generic barbarian women from a game of Dungeons and Dragons. They completely lack the unique flavor of the Greco-Roman-inspired armor ensembles that Lindy Hemming put so much thought and historical research into creating for Wonder Woman. The Wonder Woman designs received acclaim from fans and costume fanatics alike. They were clearly inspired by the Amazon’s origins in the Mediterranean and were feminine but very functional. Why mess with perfection?

Oh, right. The all-male team of directors and executive directors wanted women to fight in bikinis.

Wonder Woman began filming in 2015, the year before Justice League started filming in 2016. The Amazons’  design was finalized and most of the costumes completed while Justice League was still in pre-production. That means that there were discussions about what the Amazons should wear into battle in Justice League and the epic designs from Wonder Woman were rejected in favor of leather bikinis. Let that sink in. They rejected already finished costumes to redesign and remake the armor so that more skin would be showing.

... I guess the theory is that the Amazons didn’t know how to make armor when everyone else on earth did… because girls? (insert eye roll) I reject the idea that the Amazons were ever ignorant enough to wear these garments into battle. They have all the knowledge of the ancient world and the Greek pantheon, but based on the production pictures, it looks like the men from Atlantis and man’s world had figured out armor while the Amazons were still dressing like bad Conan clichés. There are also plenty of pictures of “modern” Amazon armor that is still leaving their midriffs completely unprotected. An evolution of style would be appropriate but the Amazons would not plan to go into battle with their vital organs exposed.

Amazon actress on skimpier 'Justice League' costume: 'It felt more glamorous, if anything'
Carly Mallenbaum Nov. 14, 2017 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/11/14/amazon-justice-league-costume-brooke-ence/861219001/ 

Brooke Ence, who plays an Amazon in both movies, told USA TODAY at the premiere that showing more skin "didn't bother me at all."
As she recalls, not every warrior wore a two-piece, and "the girls on set, we never thought of (the new costumes) as a sexy version. It felt a little more glamorous, if anything, because we had bigger, beautiful hair, which I loved."

amazons-justiceleague-wonderwoman-1-768x

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Timeless, Lucifer, New Girl, Arrow, #OneChicago, Supergirl, Grey's, The Flash and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 14 2017, 12:24 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2017/11/14/timeless-season-2-spoilers-old-hollywood/

Any plans for bringing Lyla back to Arrow? —Hessa
Audrey Marie Anderson actually reprises her role as Diggle’s wife this Thursday — for better or for worse. As David Ramsey previewed, the secret of Diggle’s injury and sketchy treatment of same “will have to blow up, and it will, and Lyla will confront him about it, which is which is always interesting because you’re talking about the woman who is the leader of A.R.G.U.S. — talk about secrets! There’s always an interesting conversation between them about that.”

I’d love any scoop on Arrow‘s Thea. —Jenny
During our visit to the set last week, Stephen Amell said, “Willa [Holland] has been back with us recently…” — and not much else. “I don’t think it’s a big reveal to suggest that series regulars, when they are in comas, tend to wake up eventually…. But, assuming that Willa is back at a certain point, I think that there are some interesting things we can do for her character. I know I had an idea that I pitched today, actually.”
Will The Flash circle back to the mysterious symbols Barry was drawing? And was Barry’s line about “needing more diapers” a reference to the Tornado Twins? —SSH
After first emerging from the Speed Force in the season opener, Barry “was talking all over the place,” Grant Gustin noted during out set visit, ” and elements of that will show up throughout the season — and may already have,” such as when Joe randomly uttered, “This house is bitchin'” to a contractor. “We’ll circle back, I would imagine, at some point this season and connect all of them for you. But yeah, that was all very important, everything he said at the beginning of the year.”
Tell me you have something about Supergirl‘s Mon-El! I miss his face on my screen! —Rebecca
We have a big ol’ preview story coming up for the next episode, but until then, I can share that Melissa Benoist described his return as “mysterious,” adding that his reunion with Kara is very muchin keeping with the “different tone” of the title hero’s storyline this season.
What can you tell us about about Sara’s new love interest on Legends of Tomorrow? —Cat
Alas, Caity Lotz had little to dish during our visit to the set last week. “They keep telling me there will be [a new romantic interest],” she affirmed. “I don’t know if she will necessarily find love, but she is reflecting upon it. It is just really difficult to have a relationship when you live on a time ship.”

Edited by tv echo
41 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If I were in charge of Netflix programming, I’d keep HOC cancelled but hire everyone involved (not including anyone who may have covered for Spacey or taken part in harassment themselves) to work on any of the shows that are still in development. 

Robin Wright could easily be the lead. I mean she already is basically.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Hmm - I wasn't aware of the controversy over the change in the Amazons' outfits from Wonder Woman to Justice League...

The Amazons’ New Clothes
Kimi  November 11, 2017  
http://www.goldenlasso.net/the-amazons-new-clothes/ 

Amazon actress on skimpier 'Justice League' costume: 'It felt more glamorous, if anything'
Carly Mallenbaum Nov. 14, 2017 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/11/14/amazon-justice-league-costume-brooke-ence/861219001/ 

amazons-justiceleague-wonderwoman-1-768x

Damn.  That is so cringeworthy.   And the new costumes look cheap and dull in comparison.  Thanks for the downgrade douchebros.

And the actress supporting the new costumes sounded like total spin.  She’s a glorified extra.  Like she’s going to rock the boat.   Also the hair looks the same.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But CP's comment more than anything made me wonder how much she has to say on the matter herself (as in has she also experienced issues stemming from Kreisberg) and so by watching, I also feel like I'd be possibly supporting her as well.  But again, I think how anyone reacts (keep watching or not) is their individual right way to react.   

From the interviews/social media I've seen, I always thought CP was unhappy with the show, whether it's through the writing (totally understandable), living in Vancouver, or behind the scenes stuff. I do think she is committed to representing Iris the best she can, and takes her role and the impact it has on the kids who grow up watching her very seriously, which is great.

I just think that WB TV has the chance to make some real positive change for once, and put more POC and women in positions of authority. These shows are mostly stagnant as is, and frankly would benefit from new showrunners who not only bring fresh ideas. but also are more inclusive and aware of dynamics at play. Clearly the shows have issues retaining women directors, and keep promoting from within despite lack of experience/talent (looking at you, Bamford.).  Marc Guggenheim is completely part of the problem, even if he doesn't want to acknowledge that. Create an inclusive, welcoming work environment and the product will be better for everyone. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oreo2234 said:

If Caity still doesn't know who her love interest is then I guess that probably is no longer happening this season. 

It's probably just another lame one-night-stand somewhere along the way. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

If Caity still doesn't know who her love interest is then I guess that probably is no longer happening this season. 

I hope that means that they haven't gotten the response to Ava that they hoped for and they're rethinking/scrapping that angle. 

..... I can hope, right? 

*sigh*

More likely she does know, and they're just not ready to say "yes, it's Ava" yet. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I'm holding out hope that her love interest turns out to be Gary.  He's been in several episodes, is an adversary (albeit a goofy one) from the Time Bureau, Sara introduced him to the audience, they don't act like they hate each other, and he's been on the ship.  That would be a twist for sure.  Then Ava can become a grudging ally in certain situations.  Either way, I don't think any love interest for Sara will last.  They'll fool around and maybe try to commit to each other but the life Sara leads alone is reason to harm any serious relationship.

• Love 2
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I'm holding out hope that her love interest turns out to be Gary.  He's been in several episodes, is an adversary (albeit a goofy one) from the Time Bureau, Sara introduced him to the audience, they don't act like they hate each other, and he's been on the ship.  That would be a twist for sure.  Then Ava can become a grudging ally in certain situations.  Either way, I don't think any love interest for Sara will last.  They'll fool around and maybe try to commit to each other but the life Sara leads alone is reason to harm any serious relationship.

OMG Do you like Gary???

I REALLY LIKE Gary!!!!! I think he's hilarious!!!! I thought I was the only one! 

• Love 3

I may have not watched Legends the past seasons, so I can't comment on any of the relationships Sara had, but I am watching this year and I hate Ava. I really hope they don't go there. I like the idea of Gary, but I like the idea of Ray too. I like that opposites attract trope. But it does seem like they may visit Ray/Zari in the future, which I think I'd enjoy as well. 

I'm not as keen on Gary as most people. I like him well enough but I've seen that type of character done better. I have no desire to see Sara and Ray together and I think the time to do that has passed anyways but I actually do see some potential in Ray and Zari, and I was initially opposed to the idea of them. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Ray's love interest this year is going to be played by his real-life wife so if there is any Ray/Zari would likely happen in the future.

I like Gary too but I don't think he's a strong enough character to be the love interest of the ship's captain.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Damn.  That is so cringeworthy.   And the new costumes look cheap and dull in comparison.  Thanks for the downgrade douchebros.

Well the respect for the strength of female superhero movies didn't last for very long.  Add some male superheros, and it's back to being sex symbols.

Jessica Chastain makes an excellent point.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ray's love interest this year is going to be played by his real-life wife so if there is any Ray/Zari would likely happen in the future.

Really?  I thought she was playing Damien Darhk's daughter.  Madame Eleanor - the one we saw last week.

I do actually kind of like the idea of Ray/Zari, so far anyway.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I like Gary too but I don't think he's a strong enough character to be the love interest of the ship's captain.

He's probably the type of character who works best in small doses. 

If your going to make the costumes less practical they should at least look better but they look terrible. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Oreo2234 said:

He's probably the type of character who works best in small doses. 

I kind of agree with this.  I mean, I think he's hilarious, but I'm not sure how I'd react if he was around all the time.  And yeahhhh I can't see him with Sara, sorry.

@Mellowyellow, ah ok.  I must have missed or forgotten that. :)

Maybe that was Brandon just being excited to work with his wife? I doubt Ray would want to be that friendly with Darkh's daughter. 

As for Ava and Sara. I've seen enough of Ava to know I don't want her with Sara. I just can't see Sara wanting to be with someone that has been so dismissive and rude to her and her team. However I'm sure they'll try to make Ava sympathetic at some point, it's just the longer they take the less I'll care. 

• Love 3