Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Thanks for the excerpts. It just makes me miss Oliver & Felicity as a happy couple in Arrow 4A and Baby Sara Diggle.

Ha, it's one of the reasons why I wanted to read the book in the first place, tbh. Even though it's not a big part of the book, I'll take what I can get, plus the story wasn't too bad (and with stuff like Iris being involved? Joe apologizing and actually talking to Oliver? references to Zoom back when he was intimidating? I couldn't hate it).

• Love 2

Paste's Complete 2016 Guide to TV-Themed Holiday Gifts
By Paste TV  |  December 14, 2016  |  9:00am
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/12/the-2016-paste-guide-to-holiday-gifts-for-tv-lover.html

DC on TV: The Arrowverse 
Arrow: The Complete Fourth Season, The Flash: The Complete Second Season, Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season and Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Approx. $25 each, Warner Home Video)

The flagship show is, naturally, Arrow, and the CW was wise to give the series, which is fairly dark, a couple of years to get going and establish the TV universe. After Season Two of Arrow, The CW added The Flash, which was occasionally lighter in tone, but lately has proved to be its match in tragedy. Both series are quite adept at portraying the angst, stress and loneliness that costumed crime fighters have to live with—i.e. the constant worry that their loved ones are in danger—juxtaposed with the need to reach out and make a life for themselves.

With Legends of Tomorrow, Berlanti and company managed to create a spinoff of both Arrow and The Flash that held its own independently, at least for the first season. Season Two has followed more of an “anomaly of the week” format, and is therefore not quite as strong as the first.

The wild card in all this is Supergirl, which, while not fully part of the Arrowverse—it started on CBS and takes place on a different Earth, in a parallel universe—does occasionally cross over, as with this season’s wildly successful “DC Week” four-episode event. Supergirl is in keeping with the general Arrowverse atmosphere, but for the moment, public word from The CW is that there will be no merging of their universes. Am I the only one holding out for some sort of a Crisis on Infinite Earths-style solution? And while I we’re at it, can we have more Constantine, please?

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

With Legends of Tomorrow, Berlanti and company managed to create a spinoff of both Arrow and The Flash that held its own independently, at least for the first season. Season Two has followed more of an “anomaly of the week” format, and is therefore not quite as strong as the first

It may be more of a "anomaly of the week" this year but it's handling characterization and storyline far better than last year.  And there is a through line with the League of Doom bros and with character motivations.  Honestly, I think they hold their own better this year than last.  

• Love 9

Gypsy is coming to teach Cisco (aka Vibe) some new tricks on The Flash.

Jessica Camacho (Sleepy Hollow) will guest-star during a Season 3 episode of the CW series as the DC Comics character, who was a member of the Justice League and the Birds of Prey in the canon, TVLine has confirmed.

Tenacious and tough-as-nails, Gypsy is an inter-dimensional bounty hunter on a mission to apprehend a wanted fugitive. The metahuman law dog will stop at nothing to hunt down her quarry and bring them to justice.

“Vibe will definitely get to learn some new skills as part of getting to know her,” actor Carlos Valdes (Cisco) teased during a recent episode of The CW’s Fan Feast digital series.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/14/the-flash-casts-jessica-camacho-gypsy-season-3/

I haven't been watching Flash this season, but anyone want to take bets that this inter-dimensional fugitive is HR? 

• Love 2

Question ~ I fell asleep during my watching of the recording of the Flash winter finale... is it worth it to go back and watch? Truth - I do care about Julian's character this season, but frankly if it's just more of him being brainwashed and used as a medium to talk to the real bad guy this season... I can probably just catch that on the "previously on" in future episodes. The last part I remember is when they attached Julian to the machine. And I honestly have no vested interest in the the other characters this year on Flash...

Also - sadly I realized that for the first time I FFWD through the majority of the Arrow.... What I stark reality for me... I used to wait on every minute of Arrow even the bad ones. Now I just FFwd to make sure I get the important moments firsthand. Shame on Arrow for dropping the ball this season. Thanks for the improved stunts but its not worth it if all the rest is not good TV.

That being said, I did rewatch parts of LoT finale - so score one for the Underdog - IDK what people say LoT is really becoming an entertaining & good show. It definitely is the best of the 3 Flarrowverse shows this season. Don't watch SG consistently, so can't judge it against SG.

• Love 1

I liked how they used Julian. He gets to do more than just be the voice of Savitar.  Nothing huge but unexpected and nice IMO.   Character moments.  

27 minutes ago, kismet said:

Question ~ I fell asleep during my watching of the recording of the Flash winter finale... is it worth it to go back and watch? Truth - I do care about Julian's character this season, but frankly if it's just more of him being brainwashed and used as a medium to talk to the real bad guy this season... I can probably just catch that on the "previously on" in future episodes. The last part I remember is when they attached Julian to the machine. And I honestly have no vested interest in the the other characters this year on Flash...

Edited by BkWurm1
27 minutes ago, kismet said:

If you're watching for Julian/Tom Felton, then I'd say you should go back and watch the rest. The mid-season finale is one of the few episodes that actually utilized him well.

• Love 2

Just watched the second season of Vixen.  As I think was previously discussed, that Laurel does not in any way resemble the Laurel on Arrow, skill wise.  It was like they projected Sara's skills onto Laurel.

But my bigger question is this.  I didn't realize until watching this that Ray has met and worked with Mari, if we're supposed to take this as canon for the Arrowverse (Laurel's sudden skills aside).  So why has that never come up on Legends, that Ray knows Amaya's granddaughter?  Of all the team, it seems like Ray would be the type to blurt something like that out.  

I wonder if it's just a plot hole that we're supposed to ignore (likely), or whether they ever plan to address the issue?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Just watched the second season of Vixen.  As I think was previously discussed, that Laurel does not in any way resemble the Laurel on Arrow, skill wise.  It was like they projected Sara's skills onto Laurel.

But my bigger question is this.  I didn't realize until watching this that Ray has met and worked with Mari, if we're supposed to take this as canon for the Arrowverse (Laurel's sudden skills aside).  So why has that never come up on Legends, that Ray knows Amaya's granddaughter?  Of all the team, it seems like Ray would be the type to blurt something like that out.  

I wonder if it's just a plot hole that we're supposed to ignore (likely), or whether they ever plan to address the issue?

Yeah, I've wondered about it too.  I could get them not wanting to talk about her future since "no one should know too much about their future" but then the show should have kind sorta said as much.  

It's a interesting thread to pull.  Sara and the rest of the original legends were picked because them leaving the regular time stream didn't deeply affect history, but if Amaya changes her future, could it mean that Mari was never born or took up the mantle and thus William wasn't rescued and Damian Dahrk wouldn't have been captured when he was?  Would the difference mean that Oliver would have had to go get magic lessons much earlier or that DD would have actually won?  Laurel would not be targeted so she'd probably be alive and with the William thing dragging out, Felicity might have not have made a choice to leave like she did since Oliver wouldn't have had a chance to cut her out of another big decision.  Without knowing about the Idol, Andy would have nothing over which to betray them so he might still be a mole on the team.  

Yeah, an interesting thread to pull.    

One could always pull the whole "the timeline happens because they know the timeline happens" shtick if they wanted, since we don't know who Mari's grandfather is. As in, her story was always supposed to be this way and traveling in LoT is actually connected to her own life and subsequently her timeline for her family. I mean, I kind of at least hope that's where it's going for Darhk. Like the fact that he knows he's going to die in 2016 could retroactively be what pushed him to go to Star City in the first place for the whole nuke plan. He knows nothing about Oliver actually being the one to kill him, so targeting Star City and Lance could have just been about trying to get back at Sara. It's just me reaching, but I was just fascinated about how kind of well it matched up for LoT to go there if it wanted to, especially since I'm wondering if Flash might go there with Barry's trip to the future and seeing Iris' death (not that Iris would actually die, but that knowing about it actually puts many of the actions in motion when they previously weren't). 

• Love 2

All they said is Amaya didn't go back to the JSA. Not that she didn't go back to her time. She was planning on leaving the JSA after the war as well and wasn't Mari born in Africa? If so Amaya talked to Sara about feeling guilty for leaving her village to join the JSA. After her travels with the Legends she could ask to be dropped off back at her village in say 1943. Then her life could continue as planned. 

• Love 2

Finally got around to watching the last 3 parts of the crossover... remember when we used to speculate that their would be a wedding at the 100 crossover.... I guess in some ways we were right and yet oh so wrong....

I will say that it wasn't as horrible as I imagined... I still hate Alien Invasion stories. So my honest opinion is that the crossover was stupid. That being said it did give me a morsel of faith back in the Flarrowverse because the episodes reminded me that I don't hate the characters I just hate the Writers for their ridiculous choices the last two seasons starting with the last crossover. All the characters were back to being enjoyable... well minus the Arrow newbies whom only seemed more out of place and useless. And yet I loved every moment of Stein's daughter some times it only takes a few minutes to get a read on a character. I think Lily is a keeper, I hope they find a way to keep her and not screw her up. See it is possible to introduce new characters and have them be both likeable and useful.

As for the Arrow 100th episode, it wasn't really much of a love letter to fans. But it was a nice reminder of the good old times when Arrow had interesting characters and coherent enough plots. Maybe there's an opening in the writers' room for one of those Aliens. Happy to see Mama & Papa Queen again. Nice shout out to Tommy. It was even nice to see LL, although I could have done without the wedding or that ugly dress. And I will admit that moment before he walks into the Light Tunnel choked me up with all the mirages giving OQ a pep talk. I also totally understand TQ's resistance to wanting to leave. Besides OQ, she really has nothing to return to in present day. Glad she did decide to return though.

I think the Flash was perhaps the best written of the xover. The Arrow was the best acted. The LoT was most enjoyable. Arrow & Flash then dropped the ball in their next episodes. So per usual one step forward - two steps back - which is the new normal of the Flarrowverse.

• Love 5

A new animated TV cartoon titled Justice League Action debuts today on the Cartoon Network (not to be confused with Justice League Dark, the upcoming 2017 animated film from Warner Bros., in which Matt Ryan voices Constantine)...

Justice League Action does right by DC superheroes with a joyful premiere
By Oliver Sava  Dec 16, 2016  12:00 AM
http://www.avclub.com/review/justice-league-action-does-right-dc-superheroes-jo-247539

With DC superheroes getting significant attention in movies and television right now, it’s the perfect time to launch a new Justice League cartoon spotlighting the sprawl of the DC Universe. Justice League Action delivers on the promise of its title in its four-part premiere, “Shazam Slam,” with the driving force of the series being superhero fists flying through the air to pummel bad guys. This premiere is light on character development, but it still works well as an introduction to this new iteration of the Justice League, acquainting viewers with characters in an action-packed story that gains extra momentum from its consistent sense of humor.
“Shazam Slam” begins by taking DC’s most prominent street-level character, Batman (Kevin Conroy, continuing his 24-year run as the definitive voice of the Dark Knight), and throwing him into a mystical plot involving The Wizard (Carl Reiner) trying to make his way back to the Rock Of Eternity after being exiled by the evil Black Adam (Gary Cole). When the malevolent forces trapped within the Rock Of Eternity are set free, the Justice League unites to stop the demonic threats, with each part of this premiere featuring a new assortment of heroes taking down a different opponent.

This series centers on the core DC trinity of Batman, Superman (Jason J. Lewis), and Wonder Woman (Rachel Kimsey), but the premiere quickly expands to include a variety of both familiar and unexpected faces like Green Arrow (Chris Diamantopoulos), Cyborg (Khary Payton), Martian Manhunter (Crispin Freeman), Shazam (Sean Astin), Plastic Man (Dana Snyder), and Booster Gold (Diedrich Bader). Swamp Thing (Mark Hamill) and John Constantine (Damian O’Hare) are the most surprising additions, given their histories as two of DC’s most provocative characters, but the show has no problem making them fit into an all-ages story. Constantine is particularly delightful, having been hit by an accent-exaggerating spell a week prior that forces him to speak in a nearly incomprehensible English dialect.
Given the range of characters in this episode, it’s not too much to ask for more women and people of color in the cast, because with the exception of Wonder Woman and Cyborg, every other major character in this episode is a white man. (Yes, Swamp Thing is technically a green elemental being, but he was a white man before he transformed.) There are many characters in the DC Universe who could help this show improve representation, and the writers should embrace that diversity so that the new generation of superhero fans has a broader idea of who can be a superhero.
Debuts: Friday, December 16, at 6 p.m. Eastern on Cartoon Network
Format: 10-minute superhero cartoon

This clip includes GA and John Constantine...

Justice League Action - "Shazam Slam" (clip)
Published on Dec 14, 2016, by DC Entertainment

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I've been watching this for past couple of weeks. It's not up to the standards of the old JL series, but it's not bad. Besides, they not only have Kevin Conroy as Batman, but Mark Hamil as Swamp Thing AND the Joker. It was pretty awesome. Each episode is about 10 minutes long, so it not too time consuming for those who are wary about trying to fit yet another series into their lives.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

I've been watching this for past couple of weeks. It's not up to the standards of the old JL series, but it's not bad. Besides, they not only have Kevin Conroy as Batman, but Mark Hamil as Swamp Thing AND the Joker. It was pretty awesome. Each episode is about 10 minutes long, so it not too time consuming for those who are wary about trying to fit yet another series into their lives.

It's a well known fact that I am ❤️?❤️KEVINFUCKING!CONROY'S❤️?❤️ BITCH and that I will watch him in anything DCAU related (and I continue to be a petty and bitter wench that the DC  Brass or WB refuse to let them use him for ALL Batman movies), so I'm excited for this and will watch.)

Ahem.

Ummm. Hi. New to this forum; refused to watch Arrow because well, that doesn't matter now. But suffice it to say Due to insomnia I marathon watched it in three days and despite the usurping/perverting of MY Batman's villains/plots, I was sucked in and well, here I am.  Please be kind.

I'll be here in my corner eating great heaps of crow inspite of the assholes in charge.?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's a we'll known fact that I am ❤️?❤️KEVINFUCKING!CONROY'S❤️?❤️ BITCH and that I will watch him in anything DCAU related (and I continue to be a petty and bitter wench that the DC  Brass or WB refuse to let them use him for ALL Batman movies), so I'm excited for this and will watch.

I just set my DVR!  :D

Ummm. Hi. New to this forum; refused to watch Arrow because well, that doesn't matter now. But suffice it to say Due to insomnia I marathon watched it in three days and despite the usurping/perverting of MY Batman's villains/plots, I was sucked in and well, here I am.  Please be kind.

Welcome GHScorpiosRule!  Yup, if they haven't appropriated a particular storyline from Batman yet, give them time, lol.  But hey, why not steal from the best?  I kid...but only to a point.  To me it feels like they aren't stealing as much as they used to, but maybe I'm just so used to it i don't notice it anymore?  

Like Prometheus this season.  Technically you could call it a Green Arrow villain since in the comics GA has some major interaction, well except for the part where apparently the only thing the show runners borrowed from the comics this time is the character's name.

I remain amazed by you and anyone that can marathon 4 plus seasons in a few days.  How anyone can think straight after that kind of mental (and emotional) workout is beyond me.  Looking forward to hearing you express your thoughts and opinions.   

Which of the other Flarrowverse shows are you watching?  

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'll be here in my corner eating great heaps of crow inspite of the assholes in charge.?

Don't feel too bad.  I was watching Arrow from the start and I thought it was pretty stale and detached for that first few episodes.  And given how much torture TPTB are putting me through right now, I don't think anyone needs to eat heaps of crow for doubting Arrow could be a good show.  ;)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Welcome GHScorpiosRule!  Yup, if they haven't appropriated a particular storyline from Batman yet, give them time, lol.  But hey, why not steal from the best?  I kid...but only to a point.  To me it feels like they aren't stealing as much as they used to, but maybe I'm just so used to it i don't notice it anymore?  

Like Prometheus this season.  Technically you could call it a Green Arrow villain since in the comics GA has some major interaction, well except for the part where apparently the only thing the show runners borrowed from the comics this time is the character's name.

I remain amazed by you and anyone that can marathon 4 plus seasons in a few days.  How anyone can think straight after that kind of mental (and emotional) workout is beyond me.  Looking forward to hearing you express your thoughts and opinions.   

Which of the other Flarrowverse shows are you watching?  

Thanks, @BkWurm1! We are both weary survivors and a couple of Smallville-ites, so you know why I held out for so long!

Now granted, I am not well-versed in ALL the ages of comics, most of my knowledge comes from Bruce Timm's B:TAS, S:TAS, JL, JLU (We will NOT talk about BB), and a few graphic novels here and there. But I try to research before I open my mouth so to speak, so I don't look the fool. But I know this, Clock King (Tempus Fugate), Deadshot (Floyd Lawton), Ra's Al Ghul are all from Batman's Villains/Rogue Gallery. Of course, this show's version of Ra's was a fucking insult to me. He was boring and snoozeworthy, and the fact that this show thinks the Lazarus Pit is some kind of thing that turns the dead or close to dead into vampires with bloodlust is another fucking insult. I suppose I could think of it as some sort of flattery, but then there's that whole thing about DC Comics saying Nyet! to TPTB for a Batman show, so they came up with this premise for Arrow. I've reconciled myself over that after watching all four seasons. Hey, Insomnia!

Plus, I will admit, I didn't give Stephen Amell enough credit. If I'd stuck out for a couple more episodes...but all that's moot. The last time a couple kissing gave me the tummy flutters was waaaay back during Smallville and ye know which one I'm talking about!

I watch Flash and Supergirl. I'm trying to watch Legends, but my GOD, their version of the Hawks, or rather who they cast, made it impossible for me to continue to watch. So I'm watching episodes here and there.

I have all these thoughts in my head and need to figure out where to post them.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

The Hawks were bad, especially Hawkman.  And Vandal Savage was horrible.  This season seems so much better (whether it actually is or not) just because they're not there anymore.

I couldn't even suspend my disbelief over their version of Savage, who was puny in comparison to the real deal. He's supposed to be massive. And that whole storyline with Savage thrown into the Hawks' history? Blech. Plus, after Michael Shanks as Carter/Hawkman, they had HUGE shoes to fill and FAILED. MASSIVELY.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder why it shows up as an hour long program on my DVR guide?

I think tonight's episode might be a special, or maybe they're showing all 6 episodes that have aired so far as an hour long marathon.

Yeah, I cheered more for the Hawks leaving in the S1 finale than I did for everything else from season 1. Then again, I didn't go into LoT with a great impression of them - I hated that the Flash/Arrow crossover last year was all about them and couldn't stand them just in those episodes. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I couldn't even suspend my disbelief over their version of Savage, who was puny in comparison to the real deal. He's supposed to be massive. And that whole storyline with Savage thrown into the Hawks' history? Blech. Plus, after Michael Shanks as Carter/Hawkman, they had HUGE shoes to fill and FAILED. MASSIVELY.

Because of Shanks I was actually really ready to be positive about the Hawks and but I just couldn't get behind how either of them were written.  I really think the actress was nice but terribly miscast as a Hawk. She probably was fine as the shy barista, lol.  I also think that the guy that played Vandal Savage looked right...until you put him to scale next to the other actors and then yeah, he wasn't physically imposing enough and the accent was problematic but I could have ignored all of that if they hadn't written such an icky and weird backstory.  

They did manage to make me feel really bad for Ray so there's that.  

This year I've pretty much just enjoyed LoT.  It's still not perfect and as a time traveling show that really doesn't deeply care that they are traveling through time, it' s never going for perfect but I love the characterization of everyone and I can enjoy it consistently without worrying how they are going to mess it up.  Really, there's no need to finish season one to watch season two.

f course, this show's version of Ra's was a fucking insult to me. He was boring and snoozeworthy, and the fact that this show thinks the Lazarus Pit is some kind of thing that turns the dead or close to dead into vampires with bloodlust is another fucking insult.

No really, tell me you really feel, lol.  

Ra's was a deep disappointment.  They made him kind of nuts too and I'd have never thought him that.  (Or maybe that's just my head canon to excuse to erratic behavior - too many dips in the pool)  I know they didn't treat the LP with consistency (Sara and Thea had vastly different experiences) but I don't think the problem was the start of the stories so much as the final execution of them.  That said, Thea and Sara leaping out of the pit like some rabid frog never will not be funny.  Hahaha.   

• Love 3

Navid Negahban, who played Al-Ow-Al, should have been Ra's. He had the look of him.  All they needed to do was fluff his hair or add extensions to give him that "winged" look. Or maybe get Oded Fehr! Nable looked and sounded like he was doped up on Valium, his voice being so sonorous.

24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Navid Negahban, who played Al-Ow-Al, should have been Ra's. He had the look of him.  All they needed to do was fluff his hair or add extensions to give him that "winged" look. Or maybe get Oded Fehr! Nable looked and sounded like he was doped up on Valium, his voice being so sonorous.

Blame the network's/producers'/Berlanti's need to get BR to play Ray on the less-than-stellar (me being generous) casting for Ra's. Although I always do wonder that there had to be someone out there they could afford who could have pulled it off a lot better.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Blame the network's/producers'/Berlanti's need to get BR to play Ray on the less-than-stellar (me being generous) casting for Ra's. Although I always do wonder that there had to be someone out there they could afford who could have pulled it off a lot better.

Yep, budgets only stretch so far, lol.  

23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yep, budgets only stretch so far, lol.  

Yeah, that's the funny thing about LoT this year for me. They seem to be trying to lean into a tighter budget this time around, and casting's a part of it. Like I saw some people get really excited at the Legion of Doom, whereas I saw that as them arranging deals with actors who like playing the villains they played and will deliver with little to no risk with how they will be received. Why waste notable money risking an actor who might not gel as the season villain when you can manage deals for almost certainties?

Although I'll admit it's a bit off to me that they replaced two heroes who required SFX with two heroes who require SFX, but on the flip side they've been focusing a bunch on character interactions and have whole episodes with no Atom suit/Firestorm/Vixen powers. 

• Love 1

Navid Negahban

As an aside, I was fortunate enough to meet him at my first Comic Con six years ago (he was there for the film festival they put on).  I didn't remember his name at first but I recognized him as one of my favorite Hey It's That Guy actors.  So I fangirled right to his face and he was DELIGHTED.  He said no one ever recognizes him and my reaction to meeting him was a con highlight.  His assistant/publicist/whoever that woman was finally dragged him away (she was practically tapping her watch but he lingered to chat with me) but it still stands out as one of my most memorable con experiences.  I doubt things have changed so, if anyone recognizes/gets to meet him in real life, don't feel shy about saying hello.

And I agree that he should have been Ra's.  He was great opposite Caity and I felt Sara's fear when she saw it was him.  I did not feel that same emotion from anyone opposite the guy they actually cast, though they did try their best.

• Love 4

The Arrow ones have been posted by @Starfish35 in the Golden Arrow thread, so here are the other Arrowverse ones...

TVLine's "TV's Best, Worst and Most of 2016"
Dec. 15 and 16, 2016

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-shows-best-worst-moments-photos/#!12/best-worst-tv-2016-most-improved-drama-orange-new-black/

MOST IMPROVED DRAMA
Orange Is the New Black
RUNNER-UP
Supergirl

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-shows-best-worst-moments-photos/#!29/changing-4/

BEST NEW CHARACTER ON AN ESTABLISHED DRAMA
Supergirl‘s Mon-El

RUNNER-UP
Lucifer‘s Charlotte

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-best-worst-moments-photos/#!1/best-worst-2016-bates-motel-norma-romero/

BEST COUPLE (ROMANTIC)
Norma and Romero, Bates Motel
RUNNER-UP
Barry and Iris, The Flash

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-best-worst-moments-photos/#!32/best-worst-difficult-people/

WORST MOM
Marilyn, Difficult People
RUNNER-UP
Dr. Tannhauser (Caitlin’s mother), The Flash

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-best-worst-moments-photos/#!35/this-is-us-season-1-87/

BEST SIBLINGS
“The Big 3,” This Is Us
RUNNER-UP
Kara and Alex, Supergirl

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-best-worst-moments-photos/#!38/episode-303-7/

BEST VILLAIN
Dracula, Penny Dreadful
RUNNER-UP
Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash, Legends of Tomorrow

https://tvline.com/gallery/2016-tv-best-worst-moments-photos/#!50/best-worst-2016-grease-live/

TV EVENT THAT LIVED UP TO THE HYPE
Grease: Live
RUNNER-UP
#DCWeek Crossover Event

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

This is actually a nice-looking men's coat, but not cheap - and, no, I have no affiliation with this website, I just stumbled across it and thought how much my comics fan friend would love it...

CLASSIC JUSTICE LEAGUE PEACOAT (SECRET IDENTITY) ($199.99)
http://www.fun.com/funwear/classic-justice-league-peacoat.html

This exclusive secret identity Justice League peacoat features a thick brushed black wool exterior which creates an elegant polish, while the hidden satin interior lining hides your favorite members of the Justice League on a colorful print. It gives you the option to keep your love for DC's brand of deep, archetypal stories totally under wraps, or show the world that you too stand for Truth, Justice And The American Way.

classic-justice-league-peacoatsecret-ide

classic-justice-league-peacoatsecret-ide

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Another clip from the premiere episode of Justice League Action...

Exclusive Clip Justice League Action "Batman/Green Arrow Team-Up” (clip) + Bonus Feature
Published on Dec 16, 2016, by DC Entertainment

Edited by tv echo

TV’s Winners And Losers Of 2016
By BRENT FURDYK. 15 Dec 2016 3:48 PM
http://etcanada.com/photos/187435/tvs-winners-and-losers-of-2016/#image-187447

11 of 13 
Winner: The CW's DC Comics Crossover
Having four DC comic book-derived shows on a single network opened the door to an epic superhero crossover that goosed ratings for "Supergirl", "Arrow", "The Flash" and "Legends of Tomorrow", and proved that viewers will turn out for special event programming — if you make it special enough.
12 of 13 
Loser: The CW's Rom-Com Series
While the superhero shows on The CW appear to be gaining traction, the same can't be said for the network's rom-com shows, such as this season's new "No Tomorrow", which are struggling to find viewers.

8 hours ago, tv echo said:

37 Of The Best TV Lines From 2016 According To Twitter
Dec. 16, 2016, at 6:34 p.m. Sylvia Obell
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sylviaobell/hold-the-door?utm_term=.uc0pgLkaj#.kpnron0mq

3.  The Flash
Cat Grant: "You look like the attractive yet non-threatening racially diverse cast of a CW show."

7. Supergirl
Kara Danvers (to Alex Danvers): "I'll go get the alien, you get the girl."

Number three actually happened on Supergirl as well, lol.  Barry just happened to be visiting.  

• Love 4

Marvel Releases New X-Men Costume Designs
Matthew Mueller  12/16/16
http://comicbook.com/2016/12/17/marvel-releases-new-x-men-costume-designs

Incoming X-Men Gold scribe Marc Guggenheim (Wolverine, X-Men) and artist Ken Lashley (Uncanny X-Men) bring you X-MEN PRIME #1! In the wake of Inhumans vs. X-Men, who will pick up the pieces? Where do they go from here? Professor Xavier’s dream comes full circle as Kitty Pryde returns home, ready to lead her people. To take the X-Men to new heights with new teams, new missions, and a new school. To move forward and protect the world that hates and fears them. The next chapter of X-Men begins here!

marvel-x-men-gold-designs-by-ardian-syaf

marvel-x-men-gold-designs-2-by-ardian-sy

Edited by tv echo

Top 10 DC Moments of 2016
Published on Dec 17, 2016, by DC Entertainment

10 - Justice League vs. Suicide Squad
9 - Ben Affleck's Batman
8 - DC's Young Animal Launch
7 - Classic Superman Returns
6 - Young Justice Season 3 Announcement
5 - Suicide Squad
4 - DC Super Hero Girls
3 - Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer
2 - Four-Part CW Crossover
1 - Rebirth

Edited by tv echo

Not a fan of Rachel's new outfit or codename. Kitty will forever be stuck in some version if her original training uniform. Not that it matters, I kind of hate (Mary Sue) Kitty Pryde.  Storm looks great and putting Nightcrawler, Colossus and Old Man Logan on the same team should be Good.

Edited by Morrigan2575
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

Top 10 DC Moments of 2016
Published on Dec 17, 2016, by DC Entertainment

10 - Justice League vs. Suicide Squad
9 - Ben Affleck's Batman
8 - DC's Young Animal Launch
7 - Classic Superman Returns
6 - Young Justice Season 3 Announcement
5 - Suicide Squad
4 - DC Super Hero Girls
3 - Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer
2 - Four-Part CW Crossover
1 - Rebirth

Wow  Number 2 on the list.  I'm surprised.

• Love 2

Best TV Quotes of 2016
Team TVLine Dec. 18, 2016
http://tvline.com/2016/12/18/best-tv-quotes-2016-gilmore-girls-walking-dead/

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2016/#!3/undefined/

3 of 75
ARROW

“OverWatch, we’re on site.”
“Excuse me?”
“Well, I thought it was time you got a code name.”
“It’s perfect!”
“I was going to go with Oracle, but it's taken.”
Oliver (Stephen Amell) surprises Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) with a belated engagement gift

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2016/#!12/legends-of-tomorrow-prison-break-quote-2/

12 of 75
DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“This isn’t my first prison break.”
Oh, we know, Leonard Snart (Wentworth Miller)!

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2016/#!21/supergirl-cw-show-quote-2/

21 of 75
SUPERGIRL

“All four of you, standing there, doing nothing. You look like the attractive yet non-threatening, racially diverse cast of a CW show."
With Supergirl‘s eventual move to The CW, Cat Grant’s (Calista Flockhart) observation is actually spot-on

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2016/#!22/supergirl-harrison-ford-quote-2/

22 of 75
SUPERGIRL (Bonus Quote!)

“Kara, call Harrison Ford and tell him that I’m flattered, but once and for all, I do not date older men — especially when they’re married.”
Funny how Cat (Calista Flockhart) and Harrison Ford’s wife look so much alike, hmm?

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2016/#!73/the-flash-oliver-queen-hotter-quote-2/

73 of 75
THE FLASH

“So Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow?… Oh my God, he just got so much hotter.”
Iris (Candice Patton) learns the truth about the billionaire’s secret identity, and she's a fan

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Press Tour Schedule Overview

Here is a working overview of the January 2017 Winter Press Tour Schedule….

*TENTATIVE. ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

Thursday, Jan. 5 – DirecTV afternoon panels and cocktail reception with talent
Friday, Jan. 6 – Set visits (tentatively planned: “Superstore,” “The Good Place,” “Carpool Karaoke,” “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “The Carmichael Show” table read, “Speechless”)
Saturday, Jan. 7 – Hulu and Hulu All-Stars party from all their series
Sunday, Jan. 8 – The CW and Golden Globes
Monday, Jan. 9 – CBS/Showtime
Tuesday, Jan. 10 – Disney/ABC
Wednesday, Jan. 11 – Fox
Thursday, Jan. 12 – FX
Friday, Jan. 13 – CTAM
Saturday, Jan. 14 – CTAM
Sunday, Jan. 15 – PBS
Monday, Jan. 16 – PBS
Tuesday, Jan. 17 – NBC Universal Cable
Wednesday, Jan. 18 – NBC

http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

• Love 1

Of couse there is...

There Is a Trollhunters Easter Egg In An Upcoming Episode of Legends of Tomorrow
Russ Burlingame   12/08/2016
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/12/08/there-is-a-trollhunters-easter-egg-in-an-upcoming-episode-of-leg/

There is a reference to Marc Guggenheim's upcoming Netflix series Trollhunters in an upcoming episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow -- and that won't be the first time he's dropped one into one of his CW/DC shows.

The executive producer, who also works on Arrow and Vixen, told ComicBook.com that he actually planted an Easter egg in a season 4 episode of Arrow.

"Episode 2.11 of Legends, if everything goes according to plan, will feature a little bit of a Trollhunters Easter egg, and actually, Arrow season 4 included a Trollhunters Easter egg," Guggenheim told ComicBook.com. "There's something interesting about writing an Easter egg for a show that nobody's seen yet into your existing show, but I guess I'm just unusual that way."
Of course, without having yet seen Trollhunters, it's impossible to know just what Guggenheim might have planet on Arrow next year. It seems likely that we'll have to dig around in the season 4 episodes -- especially those where Felicity was dealing with other hackers, and so "troll" jokes might have popped up -- to look for what it was.

Edited by tv echo