Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Reign could get the boot to the Summer and thus leave a slot. I haven't heard anything bad about Riverdale. Containment had a lot of bad press about it last year very quickly. It was promoted in the media as a "new show" to a "limited special engagement series" .

I just wonder how well LoT is going to have to do to earn those back 9 episodes. I also hope they do give the writers enough notice, because very few TV writers can write an additional 9 episodes after they already planned out the entire season and not make is seem like an awkward addition. There needs be a seamless addition, or perhaps they take they it's a completely different season approach. Which considering time travel, they could have the Crew stuck in another dimension or something.

• Love 1

They can get less than a full back nine order. I read "back 9" these days as any number between 1 and 9, to be honest.

But the CW doesn't need to decide for another couple of months, maybe more. Last season, both iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend got the order for 5 extra episodes in early October. Also it's interesting to note that it happened before their seasons premiered, so it's mostly about how the network will respond to the episodes they see in advance.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Boo.  I think it's massively unfair that I have to wait that long.   I'm not interested in any of these other shows and want to watch my alcoholic private eye. 

• Love 4

I figured LOT had a 13 order based on the filming schedule. I think the LOT people think they have a good chance of getting a bigger order. They talked about a lot of episodes at SDCC. I don't want 22. 16 to 20 is what I'd perfer. 

I'd keep it shorter as well. 16-20 episodes works as long as they have a story to tell in that amount of time. 

The season long villain rarely ever works even Jessica Jones had people complaining about her capturing and letting Killgrave go. And he was a compelling villain. They seemed to have learned from that mistake. I'd rather they fight multiple villains. I don't mind that they are reusing Flarrowverse baddies, because Reverse Flash's time traveler, Darkh's lived for a long time and Malcolm's a cockroach. 

• Love 5

I understand wanting a shorter season, but now that I know there's the option of a back nine order, I sort of feel like not getting it would be a vote of no confidence.  I know, this is the CW, so....not necessarily.  But still.  If it had always been planned to be a short season, fine.  But if they're hoping for an extra episode order and don't get it, that's not so good.

LoT getting a back 9 order would depend on 2 things. LoT getting better ratings in the Fall than it did in S1 Spring ans 2 all of the mid-Season shows neing massively sucky.

It'll be interesting to see what LoT does up against Thursday Night Football.

BTW - doesn't every show the debuts in the fall have the possibility of a back 9 Pick Up?  

(edited)

BTW - doesn't every show the debuts in the fall have the possibility of a back 9 Pick Up?  

Usually.  Usually for a second season show, though, they'll give a full-season order up front, not 13 with an option to pick up the back 9.  Or it's understood up front that it's a shorter season for whatever reason, like HTGAWM.  The most recent example I can think of was Mysteries of Laura, which was only renewed for a thirteen-episode second season.  It did eventually get a back nine order, but then was cancelled at the end of the season.  But I guess the CW plays by its own rules.  I just hope it's not a sign of lack of confidence in the show that they didn't give it the full season order up front.

Edited by Starfish35

FOX did the same thing with Terminator a few years ago.   Picked up the second seasons back nine but still cancelled it.   I think there are various reasons why networks would do that though.  I doubt it's a lack of confidence. 

It's odd, because MG is both saying that Legends of Tomorrow only got a 13 episode/back 9 order, suggesting that the current numbers don't support the CW ordering a full season right now, while saying that the CW could easily give us five straight nights of DC shows. So, the current numbers do support five straight nights of DCTV shows, but not a full season of LoT? 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, quarks said:

It's odd, because MG is both saying that Legends of Tomorrow only got a 13 episode/back 9 order, suggesting that the current numbers don't support the CW ordering a full season right now, while saying that the CW could easily give us five straight nights of DC shows. So, the current numbers do support five straight nights of DCTV shows, but not a full season of LoT? 

This season the CW has a lot of shows but maybe not next season. VD is ending so who knows. Though, I doubt they will get another show for Friday. These shows have to be to expensive for Friday?

1 minute ago, tarotx said:

This season the CW has a lot of shows but maybe not next season. VD is ending so who knows. Though, I doubt they will get another show for Friday. These shows have to be to expensive for Friday?

I get that, but basically, if LoT can't get a full episode order - whatever the reason - than that seems to suggest that at least for now, the CW feels it can't handle four full DCTV shows (plus iZombie) - just three and a half shows.  And yet MG seems to be interpreting this as, "Ok, the CW can't handle four full shows, so we're going to have five!"  Unless the idea is to supplement LoT with a cheaper DC show - perhaps something starring a young, hopeful group of vigilantes trained by Oliver Queen as he desperately tries to fill in the sad, lonely episodes between sweeps months - thus having four full shows, plus LoT as a half show, plus iZombie?

(edited)

And it just caused me to, once again, go a bit ragy about her costume.. guh! why can't she wear pants?

Maybe now that they are moving to Vancouver and it's freezing cold there most of the year they'll change the bottom part of her costume. I feel sad for MB having to wear this skirt...

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm hearing people are angry over this poster. Anyone know why? I thought it was because they put Superman on the poster? 

Is it an actual show poster? I just thought it was a "first look" type pic.

(edited)

I don't get it.  Why are people angry?  I can see mocking it - lol.  It really does look to me like they pasted TH's head on another body (I don't know if they actually did - it just looks weird).  But I'm obviously missing what would make people outright angry about it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, foreverevolving said:

Also I just realized SG has heels (however small they are. SM doesn't.. -_-

When I was watching the Wonder Woman trailer, I was digging it, then I noticed she had wedges on and it made me irrationally angry.

• Love 2

Apparently Matt Letscher is going to be a series regular on LoT.

Matt Letscher will be spending a lot of time in that Reverse-Flash suit this fall, having joined The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow as a series regular while also playing a role in The Flash‘s Flashpoint arc.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/28/matt-letscher-the-flash-season-3-flashpoint-legends-of-tomorrow-legion-of-doom/

I'm starting to feel like "series regular" doesn't mean what it used to.

(I know, it probably means the same thing it always did - I just am starting to think of it differently.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Apparently Matt Letscher is going to be a series regular on LoT.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/28/matt-letscher-the-flash-season-3-flashpoint-legends-of-tomorrow-legion-of-doom/

I'm starting to feel like "series regular" doesn't mean what it used to.

(I know, it probably means the same thing it always did - I just am starting to think of it differently.)

He's going to be the or one of the "main" villains so they need to ensure they have first dibs on this time. Arrow lost a few actors in the past by just having them be recurring. 

I thought they announced Reverse Flash as a LOT regular back during Comic-Con. It makes sense, considering the two of the four main villains also have contracts. NM is the only one who doesn't, so I guess Damien Dahrk will either die first or will recur nowhere as often as the others.

I don't mind all of this, I always felt like Reverse Flash should have a connection to LoT, considering he's a time-traveling villain from the future. I hope they'll explain if his future was always Vandal Savage-less or not. I really bugged me last season.

Yeah NM has a recurring contract. He actually was kind of recurring as a special guest star for Arrow season 4. That special guest Star is probably what will happen on LOT.

(edited)

Never really understood the fuss over the guy playing Superman on Supergirl ... still don't really. But then, I don't watch Teen Wolf. Then I saw this and I was like, "Whoa!" (Just an honest appreciation of anatomy) In other news, I find the boots weird.

Felicity Smoak now has competition ;)

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Never really understood the fuss over the guy playing Superman on Supergirl ... still don't really. But then, I don't watch Teen Wolf. Then I saw this and I was like, "Whoa!" (Just an honest appreciation of anatomy) In other news, I find the boots weird.

Felicity Smoak now has competition ;)

....What does the front look like?

• Love 5