Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Well, that`s the Hollywood game and it is working. Jensen doesn`t self-promote even remotely that hard and to be frank, I think he had a higher popularity count some years back. On the one hand, I can understand being more laidback in a job but actor is an unusual profession to do it.

It's funny to me that JP would choose to wear plaid on his day off.

Like, you'd think he'd be eager to put on something very sophisticated, maybe even formal, after having to wear plaid shirts and jeans for days on end at work. ;)

5 minutes ago, rue721 said:

It's funny to me that JP would choose to wear plaid on his day off.

Like, you'd think he'd be eager to put on something very sophisticated, maybe even formal, after having to wear plaid shirts and jeans for days on end at work. ;)

It was a set visit. Misha is in Cas costume.  Pretty sure they are in Sam and Dean costumes.

Just now, SueB said:

It was a set visit. Misha is in Cas costume.  Pretty sure they are in Sam and Dean costumes.

Ah, that explains it!

I'm like, who would do that? Who wears plaid literally 24-7? Apparently nobody, thank god ;)

I agree Jared is more out-there. OTOH, maybe it's Jensen's day off and he's hanging with his likely-in-her-ninth-month wife.  It's pretty unusual for just one of them to do a show related interview.  UNLESS it's an AKF campaign tie in.  Then I can see Jared doing this solo. 

• Love 1

Jensen getting more time-off and not doing much outside strictly shooting (and cons) makes sense now but it has pretty much always been this way with the self-promotion levels of both of them.

Jared does one, maybe two talk-show appearances on Monday as well. Those are more related to the Gilmore Girls revival. They`ll probably ask an SPN question, too, but that is how they are promoted. And since he only does a one-scene cameo in the revival, that is a heavy promotional uptick. My guess is the show freed him on Monday and his management crammed in whatever promotional stuff they could find in this window of opportunity. Don`t think Jensen is getting that particular day off really.

For me, it's not so much the volume of the sales pitches, it's the tone. Jared is always so old fashioned about it. Like he's a carnival barker. Or a used car salesman. Or like he's the lady in a commercial testimonial for a new kind of mop. I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way. YMMV.

Edited by rue721

Oh, I`m not a fan of it. I just wish Jensen would grab more opportunities. I absolutely think he had/has them so I`d love to see him a tad more assertive. But it`s his career, no matter how much I wanna shake him sometimes. 

Apparently TNT is having a Supernatural mini-marathon right now for those who can watch it.  (I didn't see anything advertised about it, but haven't watched the reruns for the last few days.)  Mystery Spot is coming up (not next, which is Fresh Blood, but right after that!)

I don't watch Supernatural, but Mark Pellegrino appears to have spent hours last night screaming obscenities in all caps at fans on Twitter.  I don't know all the backstory of the stuff he's raging about, but I'm always amazed (and thoroughly entertained!) by celebs who go off like that on social media.  Where is your publicist to tell you it's a bad, bad idea? lol

Live with Kelly summary:

- Just Jared, just Supernatural

- Big announcement: Gen is pregnant* and due in March

- Good interview, standard questions, nothing new. 

- Sneak peek scene discussion in Spoilers.  

*Truth: they flashed over to Gen early in the interview and I couldn't help but notice she had a bigger chest - a classic sign of pregnancy- and I wondered if she was preggers.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TaraS1 said:

I don't watch Supernatural, but Mark Pellegrino appears to have spent hours last night screaming obscenities in all caps at fans on Twitter.  I don't know all the backstory of the stuff he's raging about, but I'm always amazed (and thoroughly entertained!) by celebs who go off like that on social media.  Where is your publicist to tell you it's a bad, bad idea? lol

I saw that. Dude needs to just STOP. 

I saw that. Dude needs to just STOP. 

I think his general point of social media not being a court of law to condemn people is solid. Anyone can say anything about anything on there. If what is said is true, there are other ways to pursue it.  

Maybe he shouldn`t engage that much but I have more respect for those tweets then "here is a picture of a supposedly rude service industry worker, go harass the shit out of them". 

Jared seemed so oddly nervous. Maybe he was lost without Jensen. LOL.    

What a weird way to promote the show.

Any  discussion of SPN was peppered in between stories of how he met Gen and how she's holding down the homefront.  Kelly gives the minor synopsis about the show running 12 years, longest running sci-fi show,  Jared mentions finishing the 251st episode, saying he was 22/23 and single when he started and now he has two kids and OH BTW, number 3 on the way. Kelly is all that's HUGE NEWS, then the cohost mentions Gilmore Girls and Kelly closes with "I'm so happy for you with the success of the show but more so personally".

EW photo shoot, which was fan voted in BTW, notwithstanding, this show does not do promotion. They don't do talk shows. I could see it being Gilmore Girls related even more than SPN, but the interview had nothing but a name drop of him playing Dean in Gilmore Girls as part of his introduction and a drop at the very end. 

Color me cynical but given Chico is besties with Gen, that whole interview seemed far more about announcing the pregnancy than promoting the show. 

7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think his general point of social media not being a court of law to condemn people is solid. Anyone can say anything about anything on there. If what is said is true, there are other ways to pursue it.  

Maybe he shouldn`t engage that much but I have more respect for those tweets then "here is a picture of a supposedly rude service industry worker, go harass the shit out of them". 

Jared made his own mess and whatever grief he got for it was his and his alone.

Pellegrino would have been better served to ignore whatever he read on Twitter even if it's people directing it at him. He doesn't have to reply or say anything or just say he has no comment.  He picked the wrong situation to make a case about the unfairness of the court of social media IMO.

Color me cynical but given Chico is besties with Gen, that whole interview seemed far more about announcing the pregnancy than promoting the show. 

Possible. I side-eye that Chico is paid as a publicist in general by the CW when she acts as a personal PR-manager for the wife of one actor she happens to be BFF with. If she wants that, said BFF can pay her, not the network.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SueB said:

Just had an interview on Extra on Facebook. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154211453224755&id=26676834754&_rdr

no mention of pregnancy.

He was answering fan questions about the show. Not really a good opportunity to drop in pregnancy stuff,  even when he said he wanted to have Ruby back on the show ( NO. DO.NOT.WANT, Jared)  He was so much more comfortable in that interview than on Kelly. It's like night and day LOL.  Maybe he knew the questions ahead but I didn't get that impression since those questions were not that different than con questions. 

Well, the interview on Kelly wasn't what I expected! He was speaking really fast but it didn't come across as nervous to me. More kinda ADD. I'll have to watch the facebook video later. 

Ed: I guess supernatural does do publicity. Nothing to be cynical about. 

Edited by auntvi
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, auntvi said:

Ed: I guess supernatural does do publicity. Nothing to be cynical about. 

I'm good with my cynicism about the Kelly Live appearance. 

Big difference between the MTV Facebook interview and Kelly Live. MTV featured Jared but IMO he was clearly promoting the show.  He name dropped his co-stars which he didn't do in the Kelly Live interview.  The EW photo spread, Comic-Con interviews, MTV Facebook, PopFest appearance, ALL specifically done to promote the show not just the actors.  When was the last time they went on a national chat show to promote anything show related? I really can't remember. 

1 hour ago, Binns said:

Holy hell, Pellegrino! 

Right???

• Love 1

It's ridiculous that I even care this much about it, but I'm kinda hoping they have a girl, so they can have two boys and a girl to go with Jensen & Daneel's two girls and a boy.

• Love 3

Well, hot damn.  Jensen named one of the best dressed men of the week by a men's online fashion and style magazine "D'Marge.
He's in the company of Cristiano Ronaldo and Pharell.

Elsewhere on the celebrity circuit was Supernatural star Jensen Ackles who channelled his all-American cool in a black leather jacket, charcoal washed denim, and black leather desert boots. A pair of wayfarers were also mandatory in completing this masculine killer wardrobe.

JensenAcklesEntertainmentWeeklyPopFestLL

2 of 6 Jensen AcklesThe Supernatural star and father still has it after more than 10 years fighting monsters on screen. Leather jacket, wayfarers, jeans and boots. We have a winner.

• Love 5

Ugh. Matt Cohen and his son are giving me all the Young!John/Baby!Dean feels. I can't recall ever seeing Baby/TinyToddler!Dean even in pictures.

This just reminds me that at some point Dean could always count on John to protect him and love him and that John was probably so happy with his baby and wife and in one night it all goes to shit and now I want to cry.

• Love 2

The first two episodes of Kings of Con is available now at this Mashable article

It's totally NSFW and pretty funny, IMO. But I can see it possibly pissing off fans, but let the meltdown begin.

The stars of this show are Justin and Jaden LOLOLOL

http://mashable.com/2016/11/14/kings-of-con-premiere-watch-episode-1-2-rob-benedict-richard-speight-supernatural/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#uiZ1bCkOXkqE

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1