Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Icarus said:

It seems there has been a lot of hate towards Jared recently, which seems to come from the BLM scene currently going on.  I have no idea why as it is nothing to do with Jared how the police reacted to him. Although I understand that if he had been black it might have ended differently but again that is not on Jared.  If, this is what it is all about - not entirely sure!  It seems very unfair to me and I specifically avoid any and all nastiness if I can.

Has he? I know Jensen's gotten some lately over ridiculous things but I hadn't seen any for Jared but I don't follow his tags/etc anyway.  I wonder what it's about?

I've seen a lot against Jensen but nothing for Jared until this. There is no connection to ongoing issues except that a black guy who beat up people in a bar and pulled out a wad of money to show police would have had consequences by now.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I didn't see any 'hate' tweets against Jared at all, but I did finally see the tweet that started it. Some lesser known actor tweeted something calling out Jared's actions last fall and his privilege. It would have been okay, except he added 'suck a dick and die slow' to it. Which, just, no.

I saw lots of (deserved) rage against the tweeter, but really none against Jared. In fact there was a lot of defending of Jared from what I could see. Lots of 'bar fights happen all the time/he didn't really hurt anyone/not his fault he's white stuff.

Thing is, a 'fight' implies more than one person throwing punches. That isn't what (reportedly) happened. Jared is the one who laid hands on people, employees no less. So yeah, defending that is, IMO, pretty ridiculous. I am 100% certain if Jared was the one hit, however minor, by some random drunk dude, those people would not be excusing the offender so easily. Anyway.

I don't think it's disputable that had Jared been a black man and put his finger on a cop the way he did, there would have been a very different outcome. That is not Jared's fault, nor do I think he should have been handled any differently, I just think that people of colour deserve the same consideration in the same circumstances.

This is the tweet that started it - and yeah, this guy was a douchebag to add that last part on. He bought himself a world of negative attention, that's for sure.

tweetjp.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I didn't see any 'hate' tweets against Jared at all, but I did finally see the tweet that started it. Some lesser known actor tweeted something calling out Jared's actions last fall and his privilege. It would have been okay, except he added 'suck a dick and die slow' to it. Which, just, no.

I saw lots of (deserved) rage against the tweeter, but really none against Jared. In fact there was a lot of defending of Jared from what I could see. Lots of 'bar fights happen all the time/he didn't really hurt anyone/not his fault he's white stuff.

Thing is, a 'fight' implies more than one person throwing punches. That isn't what (reportedly) happened. Jared is the one who laid hands on people, employees no less. So yeah, defending that is, IMO, pretty ridiculous. I am 100% certain if Jared was the one hit, however minor, by some random drunk dude, those people would not be excusing the offender so easily. Anyway.

I don't think it's disputable that had Jared been a black man and put his finger on a cop the way he did, there would have been a very different outcome. That is not Jared's fault, nor do I think he should have been handled any differently, I just think that people of colour deserve the same consideration in the same circumstances.

This is the tweet that started it - and yeah, this guy was a douchebag to add that last part on. He bought himself a world of negative attention, that's for sure.

tweetjp.JPG

And of course the tweet was inaccurate because Jared hasn't "bought" his way out of anything.  The case is still pending and even if it was settled out of court all parties would have had to agree.  Sounds like this guy does this kind of thing frequently.  He targets some actor in order to gain some attention for himself.

Most of the tweets against Jared had to do with a few people upset with him for not using the BLM # and/or not linking whatever information they thought he should or using his status as a super star (which he isn't) as a platform for their agenda.  Jensen and Danneel got some flak for going to a protest and handing out water/face masks etc. I have no idea what that was all about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Most of the tweets against Jared had to do with a few people upset with him for not using the BLM # and/or not linking whatever information they thought he should or using his status as a super star (which he isn't) as a platform for their agenda.  Jensen and Danneel got some flak for going to a protest and handing out water/face masks etc. I have no idea what that was all about.

I saw SO much of this against Jensen and Danneel. It's sickening, IMO, just because they don't do protest 'right' (according to these SJWs). The sad thing is, I believe a majority of them don't give a shit what they are or aren't doing, they'll just take any excuse to bash on them. I don't follow Jared or his tags so if there was a lot of the same for him, I didn't see it.

Not gonna lie, I do wonder why Jared's case keeps getting remanded. It's possible he did 'pay off' (settle out of court) whatever civil actions might have been taken against him. He would still have to answer for the other charges. I wonder if maybe he was given some sort of timeline to get his shit together (regarding the drinking) and prove it in order to have whatever charges are pending, dropped.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if maybe he was given some sort of timeline to get his shit together (regarding the drinking) and prove it in order to have whatever charges are pending, dropped.

I think this is highly possible. I have a friend who's had a child with substance abuse issues in Travis County and the courts are willing to work with people on misdemeanor charges, especially if the person is in treatment or working toward sobriety. Add that to the COVID shutdown of courts and, even with virtual hearings, it doesn't surprise me at all that there's been another delay. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not gonna lie, I do wonder why Jared's case keeps getting remanded. It's possible he did 'pay off' (settle out of court) whatever civil actions might have been taken against him. He would still have to answer for the other charges. I wonder if maybe he was given some sort of timeline to get his shit together (regarding the drinking) and prove it in order to have whatever charges are pending, dropped.

It could be the bartender and general manager want to continue pressing charges rather than settle out of court.  Getting a trial date for two charges of assault with bodily injury might be more complicated.  If the assault charges were dropped then it's a fine for public intoxication, maybe some community service (which he may have already served). I think at first they were trying to work around Jared's schedule since these are first time misdemeanor charges.  And then the pandemic hit.  I'm  going to guess the courts are postponing a lot of the cases.  By the July date courts should be back in full session, however they should be starting up filming in V.C. It may get postponed again.

• Love 2

So I was just wondering what you all think about some of the filming limitations even if they resume. No fights? Hugs? Kissing? 

It seems to me to so clearly change the complete arc of a show - any show - that it might not even be worth filming. Just a bunch of people standing around talking? 

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

It gets weird at 2:27

They were seriously too lazy to find a legit same-sex couple that adopted a child and get their perspective on the video? Wow.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

They were seriously too lazy to find a legit same-sex couple that adopted a child and get their perspective on the video? Wow.

Plus, apparently they’re using that picture without the permission of the child’s actual parents. That’s problematic from my perspective.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So I was just wondering what you all think about some of the filming limitations even if they resume. No fights? Hugs? Kissing? 

It seems to me to so clearly change the complete arc of a show - any show - that it might not even be worth filming. Just a bunch of people standing around talking? 

Considering no one on the staff seems to be able to write decent dialog it is going to be an odd ending to the series.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Considering nothing else has happened this season, it shouldn't affect filming all that much.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

It gets weird at 2:27

Oh great. This just gives Tinhats more fuel for their shenigans.  Sigh. 

1 hour ago, bethy said:

Plus, apparently they’re using that picture without the permission of the child’s actual parents. That’s problematic from my perspective.

That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe but the parents did post this picture on social media so can they really be upset about it?

10 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe but the parents did post this picture on social media so can they really be upset about it?

I don't that counts as an advertisement, but you can't use someone else's picture (either because they took the picture or it's their image) for commercial purposes without express permission.  It doesn't matter if your picture was taken while you have no expectation of privacy (which in the US is pretty much always), or if you posted the picture to social media.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously. 

What in the actual fuck? There is just so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I don't that counts as an advertisement, but you can't use someone else's picture (either because they took the picture or it's their image) for commercial purposes without express permission.  It doesn't matter if your picture was taken while you have no expectation of privacy (which in the US is pretty much always), or if you posted the picture to social media.

If the parents are upset about the promo it will undoubtedly be removed.  I just thought it was funny that they used Jensen and Jared as the gay couple.  That's why I posted it.

18 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Once they test everybody as clear--these things will NOT be limited...they will have fights and hugs no doubt.  The final 2 shows will NOT be limited AT ALL.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Jakes said:

Once they test everybody as clear--these things will NOT be limited...they will have fights and hugs no doubt.  The final 2 shows will NOT be limited AT ALL.

They might not even get to start them. They're talking about shutting down in the next couple of weeks, which means the border will be shut again.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Katy M said:

They might not even get to start them. They're talking about shutting down in the next couple of weeks, which means the border will be shut again.

We'll see--it's all conjecture concerning that point...but whenever they start the actors will be able to have fights and hugs.  The last updates I saw from Vancouver just a day or so ago was they are still moving forward and Vancouver is presently talking the various TV productions on starting back up.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Jakes said:

Interesting. Where do you see that? The stories I have seen have mentioned these specific limitations. 

17 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Interesting. Where do you see that? The stories I have seen have mentioned these specific limitations. 

Various articles--the limitations I specifically saw speculated was one try to limit the amount of crew being used to shoot the actors AND with actors maybe large crowd scenes and maybe kissing.  And with SPN we rarely have kissing or large crowd scenes.   I saw specifically hugging is considered pretty safe.  And fighting as long as it's not a huge crowd rumble.  For example after SPN is done filming(and while SPN is filming) there will be a ton of TV shows and movies--and they will assuredly have fights and hugging in them.  And I suspect even kissing won't be eliminated either in entertainment...they'll just be sure everyone is clearly tested first.

9 hours ago, Jakes said:

Various articles--the limitations I specifically saw speculated was one try to limit the amount of crew being used to shoot the actors AND with actors maybe large crowd scenes and maybe kissing.  And with SPN we rarely have kissing or large crowd scenes.   I saw specifically hugging is considered pretty safe.  And fighting as long as it's not a huge crowd rumble.  For example after SPN is done filming(and while SPN is filming) there will be a ton of TV shows and movies--and they will assuredly have fights and hugging in them.  And I suspect even kissing won't be eliminated either in entertainment...they'll just be sure everyone is clearly tested first.

I did my first shoot here in Orlando on Friday since mid March. It was an advertisement, and it was weird to say the least. Most of the restrictions were placed upon the crew, not as many on the actors...but it’s 90 degrees here and even the actors had to wear masks between takes. One passed out from the heat in the mask. It’s definitely going to be strange moving forward with shooting for awhile, I’m afraid. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

I did my first shoot here in Orlando on Friday since mid March. It was an advertisement, and it was weird to say the least. Most of the restrictions were placed upon the crew, not as many on the actors...but it’s 90 degrees here and even the actors had to wear masks between takes. One passed out from the heat in the mask. It’s definitely going to be strange moving forward with shooting for awhile, I’m afraid. 

Yeah i'm sure it will be weird and why TV productions are planning things out carefully with Vancouver, so they all can film what they need to while being careful while doing it.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

An outdoor shoot? Yeah, we're solidly into humid summer temps here in central Florida. I know going out and running errands in a mask is a sweaty endeavor now. Luckily I have collected several where I can wash them more often. But masks are essential. I wish Orange County would mandate it.

I imagine it doesn't get as hot in Vancouver, but safety measures will be firmly in place whenever these guys go back to finish up. Masks will be the least of them. Certainly there won't be the ability to run back and forth between Austin and Vancouver until shooting is finished, not with the 2-week mandatory quarantine in place. So when the guys do go back, they're going to have to count on being there at least 5 weeks.

I have wondered if Dabb et. al. had to take some of the downtime during the lockdown and revamp the last two scripts?

US-Canada border closure extended another 30 days, until July 21.

Edited by PAForrest
addition
  • Useful 1
On 6/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

tweetjp.JPG

So apparently this guy  wanted attention and got what he wanted.

18fcc9ccbfbe2b8bf00ffcf3fc4670ce00f4658b

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

He will find he did some major damage to his beginning career.  You have to think about what you say.  Honestly, social media is the wrong platform when you must go out in the workforce.  I know that there are actors that believe any attention is better than none, but I don't think this will help him find any work.  I do wonder if he was on something when he posted.  Just because it is easy to share your thoughts online, doesn't mean you should.  Wonder if he's learned his lesson now?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 7kstar said:

He will find he did some major damage to his beginning career.  You have to think about what you say.  Honestly, social media is the wrong platform when you must go out in the workforce.  I know that there are actors that believe any attention is better than none, but I don't think this will help him find any work.  I do wonder if he was on something when he posted.  Just because it is easy to share your thoughts online, doesn't mean you should.  Wonder if he's learned his lesson now?

Apparently he tried to apologize (sort of).  But it was too late.  

• Love 1

I just reread the guy's tweet and apparently the people that were assaulted were his friends. While I don't think that he should have added the "die slow" at the end of it I don't find fault with him for being angry. As a friend of the people involved he may know more than we do hence the anger in his tweet. That being said if he is ( or was ) an actor he should have realized that his actions would have consequences and it appears that they did.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I just reread the guy's tweet and apparently the people that were assaulted were his friends. While I don't think that he should have added the "die slow" at the end of it I don't find fault with him for being angry. As a friend of the people involved he may know more than we do hence the anger in his tweet. That being said if he is ( or was ) an actor he should have realized that his actions would have consequences and it appears that they did.

Since neither one of the two people involved in the bar have said anything publicly about that night I'm going to guess if they were friends they aren't going to be very happy about this guy running his mouth off about it.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Since neither one of the two people involved in the bar have said anything publicly about that night I'm going to guess if they were friends they aren't going to be very happy about this guy running his mouth off about it.

Taken to another thread.

Edited by DeeDee79

I know this isn't SPN but sports facilities tried to run training camps and multiple player in multiple leagues have tested positive.   I think its relevant because its a test for gatherings in a controlled environment.  

I believe that this could easily be an issue when filming resumes.   I remember reading that actors will have to stay 6 feet apart if they can't wear masks, and if they have to be closer than dialogue must be limited.   Even, testing and isolating I think will affect when and how production takes place.   So its very plausible the final two episodes will look a lot different from what they were intended to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

So its very plausible the final two episodes will look a lot different from what they were intended to be.

Maybe it'll be better!  I never had a lot of hope for the "intended" ending.  

• Love 7
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Not sure where to put this....I only watched the first part not sure where it goes after Eric Brady

"Those lips are wasted if you haven't been kissing on the air."  Truer words, Leeza.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, ILoveReading said:

I know this isn't SPN but sports facilities tried to run training camps and multiple player in multiple leagues have tested positive.   I think its relevant because its a test for gatherings in a controlled environment.  

I believe that this could easily be an issue when filming resumes.   I remember reading that actors will have to stay 6 feet apart if they can't wear masks, and if they have to be closer than dialogue must be limited.   Even, testing and isolating I think will affect when and how production takes place.   So its very plausible the final two episodes will look a lot different from what they were intended to be.

Sports are the worst of all efforts because the of constant physical contact, sweat and hard breathing it's MUCH easier for TV and movies.  SPN absolutely won't need to keep actors 6 feet away...they will have hugs and fights guaranteed in last 2 episodes.  They will test everyone and limit the crew shooting the actors and then film the episodes exactly how they already wrote them.  The actors once tested won't be limited in their scenes.  They only have a few actors they need to clear unlike whole teams congregated in an small locker area and weight rooms.  Most likely the 12 actors(more or less for the 2 episodes) or so will all test fine--if few don't, they isolate them for 2 weeks and then they will have all the actors clear and free.  Then film whatever they need.   This will be the norm in all Hollywood productions--many which have schedules upcoming of many months--SPN on the otherhand has an easy 3 weeks at the most to do.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Sports are the worst of all efforts because the of constant physical contact, sweat and hard breathing it's MUCH easier for TV and movies.  SPN absolutely won't need to keep actors 6 feet away...they will have hugs and fights guaranteed in last 2 episodes.  They will test everyone and limit the crew shooting the actors and then film the episodes exactly how they already wrote them.  The actors once tested won't be limited in their scenes.  They only have a few actors they need to clear unlike whole teams congregated in an small locker area and weight rooms.  Most likely the 12 actors(more or less for the 2 episodes) or so will all test fine--if few don't, they isolate them for 2 weeks and then they will have all the actors clear and free.  Then film whatever they need.   This will be the norm in all Hollywood productions--many which have schedules upcoming of many months--SPN on the otherhand has an easy 3 weeks at the most to do.

Maybe but it was one actor on Roswell that shut down all production in VC.  Canada may have different protocols than the U.S.  It can take up to 2 weeks for anyone to test positive once exposed.  The White House tested everyone on a daily basis and still the personal aid to the First Lady, Trumps personal butler, 6 Secret Service and several others became infected. 24,000 people are testing positive every day  and over 1000 people are still dying every day in the U.S. I just can't see how they are going to go back to filming in 4-6 weeks unless there is a dramatic down turn in the numbers we are seeing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I wonder what the timeline is for filming Walker. At some point, Jared’s availability becomes limited. Although, I suppose the writers have had plenty of time to account for that possibility and have alternative scripts in that scenario. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe but it was one actor on Roswell that shut down all production in VC.  Canada may have different protocols than the U.S.  It can take up to 2 weeks for anyone to test positive once exposed.  The White House tested everyone on a daily basis and still the personal aid to the First Lady, Trumps personal butler, 6 Secret Service and several others became infected. 24,000 people are testing positive every day  and over 1000 people are still dying every day in the U.S. I just can't see how they are going to go back to filming in 4-6 weeks unless there is a dramatic down turn in the numbers we are seeing.

I fully expect Canada to extend its border closing at least another month because of the epic crap show that is the state of America with regards to this pandemic and our worst in the world response to it. Trudeau is not going to want American citizens coming into his country screwing up the curve, even with quarantines in place. So the future of filming and airing is still very much a fluid thing. Nothing is set in stone, nothing is certain.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm liking the longer hair...Jensen

Me too! Wow, that's a sweet picture! Those kids always look so happy. And they're all adorable, naturally - but I have to say, I think Arrow is going to be stunning when she grows up.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 6