Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's weird that they did the "where's Dean" completely without Jensen, and then this one only Jensen

Doesn't seem weird to me.  Andre Badd would absolutely put out a video that (he thinks) makes Jensen look bad/clumsy/foolish/silly. He doesn't get that confident people can laugh at themselves.  To me, he's just trying to mock Jensen.  I love those bow legs, though.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

Doesn't seem weird to me.  Andre Badd would absolutely put out a video that (he thinks) makes Jensen look bad/clumsy/foolish/silly. He doesn't get that confident people can laugh at themselves.  To me, he's just trying to mock Jensen.  I love those bow legs, though.

Yeah, I used weird in the sense that weird means deliberate. 😉

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

They can't possibly be planning on filming in the next couple of weeks. Especially if they're doing it in Canada, because there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine period for those entering the country.

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The Canadian/US border is closed until June 21st.  So unless there is exception for actors, I don't think its SPN related.  I wonder if its Percy Jackson.  He was in the first movie.

Both things are true (thus the speculation qualifier) but it is possible that they are making exceptions and also possible that the actors are willing to subject themselves to the quarantine if it means getting the filming done. Again, total spec, but it's also possible the quarantine could be waived with a negative test (which weren't available to the majority of travelers returning to the country). Money does talk.

• Love 2

I wish I could find a mask with good head elastic like the guy on the right (all I can find in the UK seems to be the ear ones- very uncomfortable!). Failing that, I’ll just get a bandana, though I’ll look nowhere near as good as Jensen does in his.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Both things are true (thus the speculation qualifier) but it is possible that they are making exceptions and also possible that the actors are willing to subject themselves to the quarantine if it means getting the filming done. Again, total spec, but it's also possible the quarantine could be waived with a negative test (which weren't available to the majority of travelers returning to the country). Money does talk.

Does Clif (bodyguard) live in British Columbia? 

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think he is Canadian.

For some reason I thought he was from/lived in Las Vegas. ETA: I couldn't find anything definitive, but IMDB lists his brother as being born in Vancouver, so I assume you're right @catrox14

So much for my secretly-returning-to-work theory, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

This is a slightly indirect media mention but a website did a survey of shows people are watching during quarantine and, according to the map at the Variety article, guess which show is most popular in Kansas? 🙂

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love that they are trying, but these last few Shaving People, Punting Things vids are just... o_O

Well to be fair the video was taken down by Shaving People (I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago).  Either they didn't think it was very funny (because it wasn't) or they didn't think now was the right time to inject levity.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well to be fair the video was taken down by Shaving People (I didn't realize it until a few minutes ago).  Either they didn't think it was very funny (because it wasn't) or they didn't think now was the right time to inject levity.

I'd guess the latter. I was pretty surprised to see it posted, though not surprised at all that it was Jim Michaels. No idea if anyone else did, his was the only tweet i saw.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I just happened across this article today.  It was originally from 2018, so apologies if it has already been posted.  We've probably seen most of the pics anyway, but #9 did make me LOL.

https://screenrant.com/supernatural-behind-scenes-photos/

From the article: No. 1 "This behind-the-scenes image shows the two of them hanging out between takes early on in the series. Apparently, they clicked almost immediately and have been best buds ever since. Seriously, they even watch Supernatural together!"

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when these guys were actually watching the series together. I can't even imagine the quips! Especially if they were drinking!!! 🙂

• Love 1

The Governor of California said film production in the state can start up by June 12...so things are starting to ramp up again.  Good news!  The work on the 5 filmed episodes I think is done in California--though not 100 percent sire of that.  Not sure of Vancouver status but that has to be moving closer to open too.  My guess is maybe after 4th of July they finish the last 2 episodes.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

The Governor of California said film production in the state can start up by June 12...so things are starting to ramp up again.  Good news!  The work on the 5 filmed episodes I think is done in California--though not 100 percent sire of that.  Not sure of Vancouver status but that has to be moving closer to open too.  My guess is maybe after 4th of July they finish the last 2 episodes.

They shot the pilot in Cali.  Maybe they should shoot the finale (both episodes) there also.  I just don't think it's a good idea right now no matter where they do it.  They're not going to be able to shoot an episode of Supernatural with face masks and having all the actors stand at least 6 feet apart at all times. If it's not safe for us to get closer than that in the grocery store, how is it safe for the actors?  If it's not safe to watch movies in a movie theatre, how is it safe to make a movie?  And I hope they don't need crowd scenes. It's still illegal where I live for more than 25 people to gather together (unless it's a BLM protest, of course).

• Love 2

If you travel to Canada you have to self isolate for 2 weeks, whether you have symptoms or not. I think at least until July. I'm having a hard time accepting that shooting a TV show would count as essential travel. Even if a province opens up internally, that doesn't mean you can travel there easily. Or have numerous people be on set. Taking such a risk for 2 episodes seems frivolous to me.

• Love 3

I think the company that does the effects and post on episodes is also Vancouver-based but I'm not 100 %. Shooting in Cali would be a logistical and financial nightmare at this point since the entire infrastructure for the show is in Vancouver.

But it is only two eps, those should be easier to squeeze in that all the other shows trying to get their 22 ep Seasons on the road.

I read that in general shooting will change in the foreseeable future: not many location shots, no scenes with lots of extras, no love scenes, no stunt fight scenes of close combat etc. For lots of CW shows that will be very hard. Even for an SPN Finale, I bet besides love scenes, they would have wanted everything else.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I read that in general shooting will change in the foreseeable future: not many location shots, no scenes with lots of extras, no love scenes, no stunt fight scenes of close combat etc. For lots of CW shows that will be very hard. Even for an SPN Finale, I bet besides love scenes, they would have wanted everything else.

That also means no brotherly hugs.  Not even for farewells.  

(edited)

They'll get the 2 episodes done no problem--they can get the actors up there...test them and when all clear then film as close as needs be(no doubt we will have brotherly and family hugs!).  Other shows in California are planning on doing it.  They only need less than 3 weeks...it will be done.  For example Fear the Walking Dead has 9 episodes to film and they are planning on moving forward fairly soon, take precautions but they still will have actors in close scenes.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ahrtee said:

That also means no brotherly hugs.  Not even for farewells.  

I think if they self-isolate, be tested, and then are vigilant after, there is no reason they can't have brotherly hugs. Families who live in the same house can certainly have contact with each other. I can't see a lot of big fight scenes with a lot of extras involved though.

And as was mentioned, they only need three weeks or so. I would bet that the principals would be willing to sacrifice this time in order to get this thing done. Whether the studio insurance companies will let them is another story.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Yes things are moving in right direction in USA and Canada--test them, isolate for 2 weeks and the actors when cleared can do close scenes and to do this for less than 3 weeks is a pretty sure thing.  Even shows that have months of filming can do this if they are smart as they will be doing all over Hollywood TV and Movies.  For SPN it's xtra easy compared to the others with longer periods of production.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Yes things are moving in right direction in USA and Canada--test them, isolate for 2 weeks and the actors when cleared can do close scenes and to do this for less than 3 weeks is a pretty sure thing.  Even shows that have months of filming can do this if they are smart as they will be doing all over Hollywood TV and Movies.  For SPN it's xtra easy compared to the others with longer periods of production.

I remember there being an article I read awhile back about how they are going to proceed with filming once it resumes, and how everything would be divided into pods.  And that only so many actors/crew were allowed on set at once.  I have no idea how those rules will effect the filming of the final eps or what adjustments they may have to make.

If even half the name I heard are accurate its going to be really crowded, Im sure they will have to make some.   But that could benefit it if they have to stream line. 

Spoiler

Confirmed/rumored

Sam

Dean

Jack

Adam/Michael

Chuck

Mark Pellegrino in some capacity

Amara is supposed to be coming back

Charlie both AU and our Charlie

Cas may or may not be there.

Edited by ILoveReading
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is fun, but I have to say I'm a little surprised he's never heard of the show or any of the actors before this. I know they are under the radar in Vancouver and Austin (and on the CW), but still... even I had heard of the show before I started watching.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is fun, but I have to say I'm a little surprised he's never heard of the show or any of the actors before this. I know they are under the radar in Vancouver and Austin (and on the CW), but still... even I had heard of the show before I started watching.

They know him.  From Goodbye Stranger:

DEAN: Listen, I may not be able to carry the burden that comes along with these trials... But I can carry you.

SAM: You... realize you kind of just quoted "Lord of the Rings," right?

DEAN: Come on, man. But it's the Rudy Hobbit, all right? Rudy Hobbit always gets a pass.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I felt a little bad for Sean here.  It was like watching someone give a book report without having read the book.

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, I thought maybe he would just randomely know it as that "show that has been on for 400 years now, right?"

But I concede, it is not the longest running show ever by far or even in the realm of genre shows, Doctor Who is technically much, much older.   

9 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

But I concede, it is not the longest running show ever by far or even in the realm of genre shows, Doctor Who is technically much, much older.   

Yes, but Doctor Who is a British show. I believe that Supernatural is the longest running genre show made for American TV. (And yes, I know we have BBC on cable here)

3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

They know him.  From Goodbye Stranger:

DEAN: Listen, I may not be able to carry the burden that comes along with these trials... But I can carry you.

SAM: You... realize you kind of just quoted "Lord of the Rings," right?

DEAN: Come on, man. But it's the Rudy Hobbit, all right? Rudy Hobbit always gets a pass.

Kinda makes it worse. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Yes, but Doctor Who is a British show. I believe that Supernatural is the longest running genre show made for American TV. (And yes, I know we have BBC on cable here)

I know but I'm not sure how well known either property is. Maybe Sean Astin would be familiar with Doctor Who but not SPN?

He guest-starred on Supergirl this Season so he at least knows what the CW is. Or he should.

(edited)

So Deadline talked about a lot of shows starting soon in Vancouver including SPN--they are guessing after some planning most shows will start shortly after July 1...we are getting close.  With regards to filming once they are all tested don't think there will be much limitations--SPN doesn't need large crowd scenes except very rarely.  The 4 guys will be there till the end with a number of final guest stars also...don't see that changing.

35 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

It is set for July 8. It gets moved each month. So nothing new. I saw that chatter too and was confused. 

It seems there has been a lot of hate towards Jared recently, which seems to come from the BLM scene currently going on.  I have no idea why as it is nothing to do with Jared how the police reacted to him. Although I understand that if he had been black it might have ended differently but again that is not on Jared.  If, this is what it is all about - not entirely sure!  It seems very unfair to me and I specifically avoid any and all nastiness if I can.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Icarus said:

It seems there has been a lot of hate towards Jared recently, which seems to come from the BLM scene currently going on.  I have no idea why as it is nothing to do with Jared how the police reacted to him. Although I understand that if he had been black it might have ended differently but again that is not on Jared.  If, this is what it is all about - not entirely sure!  It seems very unfair to me and I specifically avoid any and all nastiness if I can.

Were the employees he was in an altercation with black? Because then I would be worried. The CW is extremely trigger-happy right now when it comes to their actors.

• Useful 2