Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I answered honestly (yes, I knew which answers would assure me of Dean) and got Cas! Loved the description of my dates with him. 🙂  Not a bad choice (as a second, of course), because I've always liked Cas.

I answered honestly (as much as I could, I'm not drinking beer or coffee), and still got Dean. It's probably mostly because of our mutual love of pie.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

You're way less shallow than I am because I totally cheated by picking the obvious Dean answers . 😁 Though I hated that the description of him included "emotionally unavailable". I hate when he's described that way because it's so untrue.

I just retook the quiz and answered honestly and I still got Dean. Not bad! 

• Love 3

Well I got Dean, but honestly of the answers the options were limited.  I don't like beer and I don't like coffee.  But I do like Dean... surprised I got who I wanted, lol.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What's funny is that this was from Last Call a very Dean-centric  episode.

What's sad is that apparently the only way we can get Dean-centric eps now is to get him away from all the others.  So he won't steal all the attention from the other actors, I guess (or however they put it.)  

• Love 2

It really does look like Destiel!  I had to zoom in to see it's actually Diestel.  I was afraid we'd slipped into an alternate universe for a minute...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

So elsewhere we posted that SPN's final episodes will air on Thursdays at 8 in the Fall.  The rest of CW regulars shows start in January--leaving SPN with a great spotlight by itself in the Fall.

Pedowitz who loves SPN had this quote in the Wrap:

"I think everybody, the studio, the executive producers, Jared, Jensen and Misha all want to end 15 years the right way.  So it is important that these 2 episodes be done the way they want to do them.  We'll just wait it out.  We are very much attached to this.

So very cool--as suspected no way they won't get the final 2 episodes done...Pedowitz is a huge supporter, Walker is delayed to January with all the rest of the CW,  leaving SPN with a nice final push put nicely on a pedestal.  And it lives about a half a year longer than we originally thought, to boot!

PS--CW Twitter has a poster of the FINAL SEVEN EPISODES...you guys will love it--it has the 4 guys on it with Dean and Sam much larger and centered.  And has Dean slightly in front of Sam--well deserving that Dean gets the biggest emphasis on the poster for the finale!

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Jakes said:

PS--CW Twitter has a poster of the FINAL SEVEN EPISODES...you guys will love it--it has the 4 guys on it with Dean and Sam much larger and centered.  And has Dean slightly in front of Sam--well deserving that Dean gets the biggest emphasis on the poster for the finale!

Best promo pic in ages. Both Dean and Sam are prominent, as it should be. And it's a great image of both of them.

SPNfinalseven.jpg

• Love 6

That poster truly is the best in years.

I"m kinda conflicted right now. On the one hand the current hiatus has been super-pleasant, on the other hand the horror could have finally been over next week. Now they'll probably ruin my Christmas. Heh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Best promo pic in ages. Both Dean and Sam are prominent, as it should be. And it's a great image of both of them.

SPNfinalseven.jpg

Yeah, I like this poster - even though it's highly unlikely the brothers will be as prominent in the final episodes as this poster makes it look like. We do still have to contend with Dabb's pet, Jackie Poo Sue. Still, it's only fitting and fair that the final poster focus on the two guys without whom no one's pet project has a platform.

And confirmation of what we already predicted, with the final seven episodes airing in the fall. Everything else pushed back to spring is going to be the norm for most networks this year. Of course, they still have to film those episodes, and right now Canada is extending its border closure with the US, for obvious and good reasons. But even if they have to wait until September or so to film the last two episodes, that still gives them plenty of time to get them ready for air.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Of course, they still have to film those episodes, and right now Canada is extending its border closure with the US, for obvious and good reasons.

I think they are going to end up making exceptions, pending negative testing, 14 day self-isolating, etc. That is not based on anything except my gut feeling. Production is such a big part of the BC economy, they are going to do whatever it takes to get rolling again.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Best promo pic in years. Both brothers front and center, as it should be.

ETA the image just in case.

SPNfinalseven.jpg

Returning to Thursday.  Wouldn't it be nice if they got their old time slot back as well.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was a bit confused. How do they get to 7 episodes when it unlikely filming will begin inJuly or August?

"Fall" is a pretty wide net. They dont usually start til first week of October, and they already have five episodes in the can. I'm guessing whatever post production still needs to be done on those will happen before they are able to film (since no borders need to be crossed for that). So that gives them til at least November to get the last two episodes filmed and produced. Seems doable, provided there is no huge second wave to deal with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I hope they have a really tight plan to shoot the remaining episodes fast and effectively.  When their 'safe to shoot' window opens up, there's no telling how long it will stay open.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I was a bit confused. How do they get to 7 episodes when it unlikely filming will begin inJuly or August?

They only have two episodes left to shoot.  The other 5 episodes (if that many) just need post work done on them. I guess it's possible they won't get the postwork done on the last two episodes before the next shutdown, but since this one wont' be as much of a surprise, maybe they'll be able to work it so people can do their parts from home?  Or alone one at a time?  Really no idea on the mechanics.

7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Just when I think I can't love them more they prove me wrong every time.  Guarunteed to make you smile.

Danneel's version

OMG so adorable!!!!!! Couples goals having a ball in quarantine. LOL! Happy Anniversary to this cute pair.

• Love 11

That is just fantastic. Jensen can tell so many stories with his face. He is an actor extraordinaire. Not gonna lie though, I didn't know Danneel could do that! Kudos to both of them for having such a sense of fun and friendship after ten years of marriage.

Also, I never thought that JJ looked like her mom until seeing this video. She is SO like her, especially as she (JJ) is getting older.

• Love 10

That is hilarious!  Nice catch of the recorder (?) Danneel!  I had forgotten that I loved that song.  If only they’d been able to catch the inherit humor of the height difference in the original when dancing - but that’s just nitpicking.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PAForrest said:

OMG so adorable!!!!!! Couples goals having a ball in quarantine. LOL! Happy Anniversary to this cute pair.

While I completely agree with this sentiment it's infuriating how trolls will try to put a damper on everything. I read this ( asinine ) post on Tumblr this evening: " J and D couldn’t even make themselves play nice and pretend to like each other for their anniversary video. Jensen is an ACTOR and he can’t even ACT like he cares!? That says a lot. Homeboy is done and has been for a while."

Not only is the poster an idiot who obviously hasn't seen the original vid and doesn't realize that they replicated it to a T but they're eagerly spewing their nonsense on a thread where everyone is appreciating how great their relationship is. Is this an example of tinhatter bullshit? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

While I completely agree with this sentiment it's infuriating how trolls will try to put a damper on everything. I read this ( asinine ) post on Tumblr this evening: " J and D couldn’t even make themselves play nice and pretend to like each other for their anniversary video. Jensen is an ACTOR and he can’t even ACT like he cares!? That says a lot. Homeboy is done and has been for a while."

Not only is the poster an idiot who obviously hasn't seen the original vid and doesn't realize that they replicated it to a T but they're eagerly spewing their nonsense on a thread where everyone is appreciating how great their relationship is. Is this an example of tinhatter bullshit? 

I never saw the original video (until it was posted above) but I could see Jensen was playing a role.  Then, when I did get to compare the two vids, I was blown away at how exactly he matched body language, facial expressions (and even the twiddling thumbs!)  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That is just fantastic. Jensen can tell so many stories with his face. He is an actor extraordinaire. Not gonna lie though, I didn't know Danneel could do that! Kudos to both of them for having such a sense of fun and friendship after ten years of marriage.

Also, I never thought that JJ looked like her mom until seeing this video. She is SO like her, especially as she (JJ) is getting older.

I wonder if they might be doing some kind of variety show on the CW next year? Like a Sonny & Cher thing?  They are pretty funny together

• Love 2
10 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Either a tinhatter or an extreme Jared-stan. That stuff has been coming from those corners for ages now. Jensen got a lot of hate for Season 15 this year as if he himself wrote it and how they "lost so much respect for him". (for made-up szuff). Just eyeroll-worthy stans.

25 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Either a tinhatter or an extreme Jared-stan. That stuff has been coming from those corners for ages now. Jensen got a lot of hate for Season 15 this year as if he himself wrote it and how they "lost so much respect for him". (for made-up szuff). Just eyeroll-worthy stans.

Nothing we haven't encountered for years. Sad angry little tinhatters, spiraling even more quickly now that they know the show is ending and their weirdly crafted little AU is finally going to crash to earth.

This is the biggest disappointment about the shutdown and the show not ending when it was supposed to. Now we have to endure this idiocracy just that much longer. Remember, the finale was supposed to be this Monday. Feels like a lifetime ago.

One wonders what's the next show and group of guys they're going to fixate on when they simply have nothing else to work with here. I guess some of them will move onto the cast of Walker. I feel for those actors.

I had completely forgotten about the original vid with Chevy Chase until it was posted again. Then it was all, d'uh yeah!, I remember that video when it originally came out. Awesome recreation!

• Love 5

The remake has driven a lot of people to the original video on You Tube.    I just love quirky stuff like this.  I admire people who can not only say "Hey!  Wouldn't it be fun to remake You Can Call Me Al" but then actually have the guts and drive to pull it off.

• Love 5

Thanks for the vids guys!! I have to say, I know that Jensen is a master of facial expressions and body language, but I loved Danneel's version of this vid more than the original. Looks like our writers should have given her more to work with in her role as Jo. Loved the vid!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I wonder if they might be doing some kind of variety show on the CW next year? Like a Sonny & Cher thing?  They are pretty funny together

While I agree they are good together, I really hope they don't go this direction. I'd much rather see them do something with a real story. Reality/variety shows are not something I can get too involved in as there's nothing to get involved in, IMHO.

• Love 6

I have to admit I didn’t think Danneel had it in her... judging by what I’ve seen of her work. But she commits totally (Jensen always does of course). Kudos to her. I’m impressed. 

We’ve all got the song stuck in our heads now, haven’t we. 🤣

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I have to admit I didn’t think Danneel had it in her... judging by what I’ve seen of her work. But she commits totally (Jensen always does of course). Kudos to her. I’m impressed. 

We’ve all got the song stuck in our heads now, haven’t we. 🤣

Nothing against Danneel, but I've never been a real fan of her acting--it always seems rather stagey, very self-conscious (and too much makeup).  But I really like her in the BTS and home videos, where (I assume) we get to see the "real" Danneel.  She looks younger and like she's actually having fun, and that's what I really, really enjoy--watching people enjoy themselves thoroughly without being aware of the camera and their angles at all times.  You can always see when Dean turns into Jensen --it's like he drops 20 years and the weight of the world in front of your eyes, and it's especially noticeable when he's with his family--how much joy he gets from them (and vice-versa!)  I'm very grateful to both of them for posting the photos and home videos so we can get these glimpses.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 6
On 5/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, ILoveReading said:

Just when I think I can't love them more they prove me wrong every time.  Guarunteed to make you smile.

Danneel's version

This is Amazing!

I've been watching it all morning. 

And yes, the resemblance to the original is uncanny.

Love The Ackles(both of them!). So much!!

• Love 6

Saw on twitter yesterday that an Australian version of GMA was showing a clip of the Call me Al video on their show.  Said American star of the show Supernatural and wife celebrated their anniversary in style.  Squee.

• Love 7