Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm guessing he snatched it back as soon as realized his mistake.

I think they have a Mutual Assured Destruction pact along with wives who would kill them if they started a prank war.  But still.... Jared and phones.  That’s like handing crack to an addict.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

I think they have a Mutual Assured Destruction pact along with wives who would kill them if they started a prank war.  But still.... Jared and phones.  That’s like handing crack to an addict.  

And Misha is Jared’s fave target. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

Bold and fearless, I'll give you.  Just looks garish to me, but different tastes for different folk obviously.

I'm curious what you think makes it garish.  I think it's a bold color but the pattern is pretty tame.  Not picking at you, just curious. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I'm curious what you think makes it garish.  I think it's a bold color but the pattern is pretty tame.  Not picking at you, just curious. 

Mostly the color.  To me, it just looks like something someone would wear as a bet . . . or if they lost one.  Especially the pants.  I don't pretend to be remotely on top of fashion, however.  

• Useful 1
(edited)

I don't judge, I'm just forever surprised at what Jensen wears.  Of course he looks good in anything.

There was some kind of publicity thing a few years ago with a zillion photos being taken and he showed up in a beige old man's cardigan.

A part of me admires him.  He wears what he wants because he likes it not because he wants to be 'cool' or impress.  Danneel seems to be the same.

And their home is not exactly standard Homes & Gardens, but comfy and different.  Sofas that twirl, etc. Even their children's names are not what you'd call ordinary.

However, having said all that - I still don't like those hats he's taken a fancy to wearing lately. LOL

Expect the unexpected when it comes to the Ackles family.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 7

I think most of the choices Jensen has made for public appearances have been very fashion-forward, some cutting edge. That's definitely not always to my taste, but I admire the hell out of him for doing it. I feel the same about women who can wear big hats, or someone who gets a tattoo and loves it - I wish I had the courage to do it.

I imagine at least part of it for Jensen is the same as wearing a hiatus beard - to be as different as possible from Dean for a while, to know it's Jensen/Dad in the mirror.

• Love 5
On 5/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, Lastcall said:

I think it’s based off Jensen talking about doing different roles after Supernatural at a con. Someone yelled “Batman” and he smiled. Also, some industry people tweeted he should be Batman. Right now it all seems to be wishful thinking but I’m sure they would let him audition.

It seems like they are going with Robert Pattinson. I know a lot of people would probably have the same reaction if it was Jensen, but seriously? Seriously? Just... no. 

• Love 8
(edited)
30 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It seems like they are going with Robert Pattinson. I know a lot of people would probably have the same reaction if it was Jensen, but seriously? Seriously? Just... no. 

Granted, way back when Michael Keaton was a weird choice for Bats and that worked out for them I`m not enamored with choice of Pattinson either. Say what you want about the DCEU movies so far but casting was never their problem.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't know how casting is decided but this seems an odd choice. He's short, thin and scrawny isn't he?  I have to admit I've never seen him in anything.

Maybe Jensen could play the bad guy adversary. 🤣

• Love 4
12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Not that it makes any difference to anyone but I read it was a $7000 suit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I read this on twitter last night when Robert Pattinson was trending.

It makes sense that they would go with RP.  After all vampires do turn into bats.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't know how casting is decided but this seems an odd choice. He's short, thin and scrawny isn't he?  I have to admit I've never seen him in anything.

Maybe Jensen could play the bad guy adversary. 🤣

If I could see "Dean" actually kicking some sparkly vampire's ass, I would be okay with that. :)

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm thinking he would prefer to play the Red Hood in possibly the next Batman movie after rhis one.

I've read that there's been talk of it and even hints in the previous ones.

Not sure of any of this because I haven't  seen them, but I know that they wanted someone who could play Batman in his 20s for this one also.

I think Pattinson is a terrible choice, tbh.

To me, it's like they're sabotaging their own movie by going with him, but there's no accounting for taste or the whims of those who do the casting for these things,  I suppose.

On a brighter note, I saw on twitter that our former director,  but still JA/Dean fan, Guy Norman Bee was advocating big time for JA to have been given the Batman role, which warmed my heart immensely. 

Miss his presence on Supernatural. 

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I love the red on him,  too!

Let's face it, the guy could wear a sack cloth and make it look good.

Oh great. Now I have visions of Jensen in a sack cloth. So much for my productivity this afternoon

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

J2 walked that 'grey carpet' like the bosses they are.  

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think most of the choices Jensen has made for public appearances have been very fashion-forward, some cutting edge. That's definitely not always to my taste, but I admire the hell out of him for doing it. I feel the same about women who can wear big hats, or someone who gets a tattoo and loves it - I wish I had the courage to do it.

I imagine at least part of it for Jensen is the same as wearing a hiatus beard - to be as different as possible from Dean for a while, to know it's Jensen/Dad in the mirror.

I agree.  His clothes 'play' well for the Ad Age crowd.  More so for the NYC Upfronts than any other event. It doesn't hurt that he's a closet fashionista.  He looks good in a suit and knows it.  And he draws people to him in that kind of a "I mean business' $7000 suit.  Yes, it's from Bergdorf Goodman.  While also wearing his hipster bracelets. Jared was dressed classic "old money" business.  Seriously.  

TeUCQYC.jpg

*the credit for jaredpadalecki.com.br is actually pretty false, it's a Getty Image.  Please note original source if you somehow use this pic.  

If @Morrigan2575 is around they can probably confirm if I'm reading this right.  But the CW would LOVE to have these two outrageously handsome man put on a commanding performance at the upfronts.  It may or maynot directly up their ad revenue for next year but it's always good business.  And it also exposes both of them to the advertiser as desireable stars for future projects.  I admire the hell out of them for making a powerful splash yesterday.

Seriously, although I wouldn't have picked that as a likely suit, I'm sure it's the height of 5th avenue fashion, Jensen rocked it and was the opposite of a shrinking violet on the stage.  

Conversely, I also think Jensen will spend his downtime in a non-Dean daddy mode for his kids.  

• Love 4
(edited)

From Vanity Fair about the future of the CW

"Pedowitz also addressed the end of Supernatural, a series that had a home at the CW as long as Ackles and Padalecki were game to stick around. When the two finally decided to say goodbye, Pedowitz said, “It was a puddle of tears from everybody.” Still, he got their reasoning: “It was about family, about seeing their kids grow up. They wanted to go out when the show was still as strong as possible. And as much as I probably begged for them not to do this, I understood . . . and basically we all were on the same page."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/the-cw-new-programming-replacing-supernatural-jane-the-virgin-arrow

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2019 at 6:54 PM, catrox14 said:

I get that. I'm just saying there were other articles that came out after that stating the studio wasn't necessarily interested in a younger Batman, hence my reply 🙂

Now articles are appearing with the Twilight guy... yuk or Nicholas Hoult... again yuk.

Apparently both are in talks. I hope these are just their agents leaking to drum up buzz.  They really would be horrible imo. 

It would be a tragedy if he has aged out.

5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I read this on twitter last night when Robert Pattinson was trending.

It makes sense that they would go with RP.  After all vampires do turn into bats.

I read both Pattinson and Hoult are in talks. I assumed that their agents were leaking. It does not sound like anything is inked. 

I hope better sense prevails. 

If their agents have to leak to get Twitter abuzz then the talks are not solid imo.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, SueB said:

Jensen is the final voice in the CW ad:

A bit stunned that they showed a scene of Michael breaking the spear rather than Jack taking his grace and sprouting wings for finding your power. Supernatural was better represented than in previous years. Heavy Jensen presence and a team shot.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

A bit stunned that they showed a scene of Michael breaking the spear rather than Jack taking his grace and sprouting wings for finding your power. Supernatural was better represented than in previous years. Heavy Jensen presence and a team shot.

The CW will suffer without its anchor. The super shows flash and burn quickly. I know folks love LoT but it is a hot hot mess. 

I tried with Roswell and Charmed... too much mush. I kind of like Legends despite being a TVD/Originals highschool spinoff. I kept forgetting to watch 100, IZombie and Archie which had some good stuff going on.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Alas for the Batman role. Of course, there could still be Bruce Wayne for the upcoming Batwoman series on The CW

Hopefully Jensen is through with The CW. I'd much rather see him in some adult drama/series/movie be it theater or cable. So much good stuff out there. With apologies to all who enjoy, I have no desire to see Jensen in a "superhero movie".

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

The Train is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard...specially knowing that Gen was stoned at the time.

This was the kind of stuff that turned me off JP,  tbh...*shrugs*...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

The Train is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard...specially knowing that Gen was stoned at the time.

The story was funny to hear, but it kind of really wasn't funny.  I'll go ahead and assume that he didn't know the full ramifications of what he was doing.  But, pushing the emergency stop button because you forgot your luggage is pretty entitled behavior.  Any time you have to break glass to do something, it's a big deal. It's not like pulling the cord on a bus.

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

The story was funny to hear, but it kind of really wasn't funny.  I'll go ahead and assume that he didn't know the full ramifications of what he was doing.  But, pushing the emergency stop button because you forgot your luggage is pretty entitled behavior.  Any time you have to break glass to do something, it's a big deal. It's not like pulling the cord on a bus.

I get that but I'm guessing in Jared's case it was an honest mistake.  If not that would make him an unbearable tool.  That isn't my opinion of him but I do get that some don't care for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Myrelle said:

This was the kind of stuff that turned me off JP,  tbh...*shrugs*...

Yeah it's not really funny when you think about it.  Who the heck hits the emergency button because they forgot their luggage.  I mean I've never even been on more than a local train(just a few times), except when I went to England and we took a train to Canterbury and even I know you don't hit an emergency button unless it's like an actual emergency, either health(yeah having a heart attack right now, something along those lines) or public safety related.  Forgotten luggage is just personal inconvenience.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, juppschmitz said:

But... why did he do it? was there actually an emergency?

It was his wife’s bag with all her jewelry and he panicked 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I get that but I'm guessing in Jared's case it was an honest mistake.  If not that would make him an unbearable tool.  That isn't my opinion of him but I do get that some don't care for him.

I agree that he probably didn't mean it.  But, he did inconvenience a whole lot of people.

3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I agree that he probably didn't mean it.  But, he did inconvenience a whole lot of people.

And he was suitably horrified by it.  The story has always been told from a ‘look how stupid I was’ POV.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, SueB said:

And he was suitably horrified by it.  The story has always been told from a ‘look how stupid I was’ POV.  

Yeah, I don’t think he’s acted gleeful about it or thinks it’s hilarious or anything.  He’s a human being who makes mistakes, just like we all do. I’m just curious about all the criticism of Jared lately.  His body, his acting, any little thing he does is nitpicked to death.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, SueB said:

I've only watched one telling of it, but they were laughing their butts off.  Not apologizing.

I'm just saying he messed up in a pretty big way. An apology, rather than milking it for laughs, would probably be appropriate. But, I don't really care.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I've only watched one telling of it, but they were laughing their butts off.  Not apologizing.

I'm just saying he messed up in a pretty big way. An apology, rather than milking it for laughs, would probably be appropriate. But, I don't really care.

Sleight has turned it into a ‘bit’.  The axiom ‘comedy is tragedy plus time’ seems to be the driving force.   

I grew up in London.  My parents never owned a car.  I took the Tube to get to school from a young age. 

It's a whole different kettle of fish for Texas Jared, who probably only rode a train a few times in his life.  America is all about the car.

I doubt Jared would even know that stopping one train stops them all.  But it was a pretty stupid thing to do.  It's not like the train's going to reverse back to the station so they can pop out and grab the bag.

I do think that had Dick S not been accompanying them, we probably wouldn't have heard a thing about it.  And I also wonder if DS wasn't the instigator.

I'm sure Jared had no problem paying the hefty fine.  And I'm sure he feels bad about it to this day.

We all do one big stupid thing in our lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I doubt Jared would even know that stopping one train stops them all.  But it was a pretty stupid thing to do.  It's not like the train's going to reverse back to the station so they can pop out and grab the bag.

I am 99.9% positive that he did not know that.  I would have never in a million years dreamed that would happen.  But, like you said, still a stupid thing to do.

We all do one big stupid thing in our lives.

At least.

• Useful 1