Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Well, that is extreme. I've never seen those calls but they'll never get that. LOL. . Most Destiel shippers are not in that vein.

I remember I brought that up on another board, the thing about getting Jared off the show.  I don't remember what we were talking about and I said that I had thought I had seen a website called getjarpadout, or something like that.  Another poster called me a liar, so I had to go find out.  It turned out it was a page on Tumblr, so I was called a liar because it wasn't a website. Talk about semantics, especially when I used the words "think" and "a while back."  Anyway, I don't know if this is true or not, it doesn't really make sense to me, but I was told that those kinds of things are done by Jared fans to make Destiel fans look bad.

I think there are stans on all sides who have agendas and they are all wildly misinformed if they think they can actually get an actor off a show because they campaign for it. It's just not gonna happen  LOL

• Love 2

Perhaps it’s my fandom biases showing but I tend to consider the Wincest and bronly fandom worse for the simple fact, as far as I know at least, no cast member has had to call Destiel fans out for trying to get Jared fired. While on several occasions Jim Beaver and other cast members have publicly called them out for their mistreatment of Misha such as organising Fire Misha Collins day (see link above) and the so called ‘Silent Majority’ drama. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

It wasn't the jeans that seemed out of place.  At least for me.

I honestly can't take him seriously when it looks like he lives in his parents basement playing video games and eating hot pockets and funyuns all day. There's casual and there's professional and a mix of the two that he clearly needs to find, IMO of course.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, trxr4kids said:

I honestly can't take him seriously when it looks like he lives in his parents basement playing video games and eating hot pockets and funyuns all day. There's casual and there's professional and a mix of the two that he clearly needs to find, IMO of course.

I honestly said the same thing to a friend last night.  He is the show runner representing the CW, WB and Supernatural not to mention the cast and crew at a fairly prestigious event.  The others were dressed appropriately for their age and professions.

• Love 7

I think Dabb is doing his version of Bill Belichick.  But of course he doensn't have 5 Super Bowl rings to back it up.  He's doing the "geek" vibe.  But there's a reason Singer was in the final chair spot -- he's clearly being treated as the most senior (and not just from an age perspective).  

Jensen's pants were a grey heavy cotton. Jared's looked like black heavy cotton as well.  I suspect both were going to take their wives out to a nice dinner after the event (with Bob & Eugenie).  Daneel looked STUNNING. Didn't see Gen but I didn't lean over the inner balcony to see them walking towards the press line. 

Jared was "floating" on a happiness bubble all event.  His eyes were just so "wide" and "wow".  Misha was too.  Grandpa Jensen took it a little more in stride.  There's no doubt in my mind who is the leader of their little pack at these kind of high profile events.  Jensen seems very protective of both of those guys.  Of course they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, but there's a vibe of deferral to him as they move through the crowd and arranged themselves. 

• Love 5

Grandpa Jensen took it a little more in stride. 

Maybe I am just comparing him here to the Jensen that shows up at the cons, but I thought he seemed kind of morose except for a few minutes here and there.  When others were talking, Jared was listening intently, waiting to add his two cents worth, while Jensen just looked detached.  I actually wondered if he were ill.  Maybe I was the only one who thought that though.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Maybe I am just comparing him here to the Jensen that shows up at the cons, but I thought he seemed kind of morose except for a few minutes here and there.  When others were talking, Jared was listening intently, waiting to add his two cents worth, while Jensen just looked detached.  I actually wondered if he were ill.  Maybe I was the only one who thought that though.

Maybe Jensen couldn't hear that well. Jared said he couldn't hear and that's why he asked that dumb question about Sam. LOL

8 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I didn't think he seemed any different than normal.  He's usually more animated when it's just a panel with either him and Jared, or him and Misha, but when it's the larger panels, he tends to be a bit subdued, IMO.  He certainly was laughing it up along with the rest of them.  They're all probably a bit tired at this point in the season, so that could account for some of what you're seeing.   

I noticed Singer's slip about "next year".  I wonder if it was intentional, or just a slip of the tongue.  I couldn't really tell whether the guys were surprised to hear it or just surprised to hear him say it out loud.  Jared certainly is coming across these last few months as someone who definitely wants to continue with the show, so who knows what's going to happen.

It was exciting to hear Jensen talk about the "big role" he's going to have to end this season.  I'd love for it not to be Michael, but if we have to have that, I just hope they can write something good.

Edited by MysteryGuest
48 minutes ago, SueB said:

Jared was "floating" on a happiness bubble all event.  His eyes were just so "wide" and "wow".  Misha was too.  Grandpa Jensen took it a little more in stride.  There's no doubt in my mind who is the leader of their little pack at these kind of high profile events.  Jensen seems very protective of both of those guys.  Of course they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, but there's a vibe of deferral to him as they move through the crowd and arranged themselves. 

40 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I think that they all live in a bit of a bubble between shooting in Vancouver and living in Austin (where does Misha live? Seattle?). They get fans at location shoots and at the brewery/bar/RA events, but I don't think they are so used to the 'Hollywood' life. Sure, they get the adulation of fan cons, but that is smaller, much more familiar ground. I think Jensen, while super charming and gorgeous, seemed a little nervous on Kimmel. And maybe a little quieter/more reserved is his way of dealing with the attention of a Paleyfest, where wide-eyed and giddy is Jared and Misha's. I just think they are three mostly-low-key guys, thrust into a bigger, brighter spotlight than usual, and they all three acquitted themselves well.

Dabb, however, looked like an unmade bed and does not represent the show very well.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think that they all live in a bit of a bubble between shooting in Vancouver and living in Austin (where does Misha live? Seattle?). They get fans at location shoots and at the brewery/bar/RA events, but I don't think they are so used to the 'Hollywood' life. Sure, they get the adulation of fan cons, but that is smaller, much more familiar ground. I think Jensen, while super charming and gorgeous, seemed a little nervous on Kimmel. And maybe a little quieter/more reserved is his way of dealing with the attention of a Paleyfest, where wide-eyed and giddy is Jared and Misha's. I just think they are three mostly-low-key guys, thrust into a bigger, brighter spotlight than usual, and they all three acquitted themselves well.

Dabb, however, looked like an unmade bed and does not represent the show very well.

Jensen might have been a little tired too.  He did Kimmel and then a day at Disneyland, golf and Paleyfest...a pretty packed few days.

"Dabb, however, looked like an unmade bed and does not represent the show very well."

No kidding.

• Love 5

In the few photos I've seen, particularly the one where they're outside next to the Mystery Machine, Jensen looks like he's taking everything in, weighing up the situation, kinda like I would. 

I recollect that at one time Jensen had an actual stalker. Someone claimed to be married to him and she would show up where he was.  That's not something to mess around with so even if she is no longer stalking him, he may always be a little on guard in public situations like at Paleyfest. Then once he's on stage in a relatively more protected situation he can feel more relaxed. I thought he was fine at Paleyfest on the panel.

• Love 1

@scribe95 Thanks!  She looks stunning as well.  I'm telling 'ya.  Those guys were living the life, adulation from the crowd, prestigious event, smart & beautiful wives at their side. I wish Misha had Vicki with him.  I know she's not been seen a lot in the Hollywood experience but to see them so lauded was very nice*.  I saw one video of their press line and the flash photography made it look like a freakin' movie premier.  

What can I say, I'm just a sucker for anything that gives our cast & show some love.  

I think Jensen was totally fine at Paleyfest, truth was, it was a crush of humanity near the cars. People were literally 5 feet from the guys (me too).  I think he moved things along because the WB handlers definitely were focused on the press and getting them (the press) anything they wanted.  And the press I ran into were very nice. "Where do you want me?" "Am I in the way?" "Sorry guys, I'll move as soon as I get a pic". etc...   

*I don't know what Facebook covered but at one point when Andrew was teasing Misha about having a scene cut, Singer said to him "Do you want to get out of the building alive?"  Which I thought was a pretty clear indication that Misha-love is well understood.  

On a different note but interesting to me; Singer's response when he said why he stays with the show -- essentially because if he didn't J2 would kill him.  Also interesting is that at this point the press asking "why aren't J2 producers?".  They gave the "don't need the vanity title" "just want to act" "trust the writers" etc..  My personal opinion is that J2 don't need the "producer title" because 1) they already HAVE sufficient control over characters/show quality that they have time for and 2) they don't want their actor pay cut by giving them producer credit (which may or maynot up their total pay as actors -- they want to get paid what they are worth for their acting, which would parlay better to future acting projects).  And the control they appear to want to exhibit is less about storyline and more about character.  I think it's a smart choice.  Storylines come and go, what makes them so watchable is the long term character development IMO.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, SueB said:

don't know what Facebook covered but at one point when Andrew was teasing Misha about having a scene cut, Singer said to him "Do you want to get out of the building alive?"  Which I thought was a pretty clear indication that Misha-love is well understood. 

Facebook had the entire panel.I could hear most everything that was oicked up by the mics.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Facebook had the entire panel.I could hear most everything that was oicked up by the mics.

Good.  

On another note, I liked the "truth or dare" question.  I mean "thumb war" was tame... but these boys are game for a lot of stuff.  I don't know if someone could get away with "truth or dare" at a convention but it could be fun.

ETA: One other delightful moment (IMO). Jensen makes a reference to something that happens in an episode and he's not 100% certain of some element, so he looks right at the camera and says something along the line of 'don't fact check me!'  Like, he knows he's not quite right and a thousand keyboards are going to come at him with a correction.  Do these guys know the fandom or what?!

Edited by SueB
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Think he got pulled into the photo-op? LOL!  Cool socks tho. ;)

It was the World Down Sydrome day. The campaign slogan was "to love the difference" and the proposal wearing not matching socks. I bet that was the reason/intention behind that on his part. Very Jensen like.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The big dogs are Jared's, aren't they?

Yes, but only Sadie is still alive, if I recall correctly. :'(

ETA: I just realized she has a hashtag #RIPHarley so I am remembering right.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

So Dabb is flat out saying the show will go beyond Episode 300 here and Jared and Jensen seemed to have changed their tone a bit. 

http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-final-season-14-renewed-episode-300-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki/

Im not surprised! I said all along that fandom (meaning SN fans in general not just some people on here) were jumping on the “the show is going to end next season with episode 300” bandwagon far too quickly. It’s “the show is going to end with Swan Song / season seven / season 10” all over again LOL 

• Love 2

I thought the 300 thing myself. Maybe selfishly. I love this show but I would kind of like to see Jensen and Jared challenge themselves with new things. And I'm not one who likes the move more toward an ensemble. I would like a return to the heart of the show - hunting things, saving people, on the road. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Im not surprised! I said all along that fandom (meaning SN fans in general not just some people on here) were jumping on the “the show is going to end next season with episode 300” bandwagon far too quickly. It’s “the show is going to end with Swan Song / season seven / season 10” all over again LOL 

TBF, Jared and Jensen made the 300 ep benchmark seem like an end point. So IMO, mocking those who also thought it could be an end...seems...well...unnecessary. And in ss10, that was really IMO the true end of Carver's era, and some shows don't make it much further with showrunner changes. This show seems to buck that trend. .  Feel free to mock those of us who thought/think it would end this season.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

TBF, Jared and Jensen made the 300 ep benchmark seem like an end point. So IMO, mocking those who also thought it could be an end...seems...well...unnecessary. And in ss10, that was really IMO the true end of Carver's era, and some shows don't make it much further with showrunner changes. This show seems to buck that trend. .  Feel free to mock those of us who thought/think it would end this season.

I’m not trying to be rude, but I think you’re being a bit over sensitive here. IMO there’s a difference between saying I thought fans jumped to conclusions too quickly and “har har har you’re all wrong what idiots you are” that you seem to be implying. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I’m not trying to be rude, but I think you’re being a bit over sensitive here. IMO there’s a difference between saying I thought fans jumped to conclusions too quickly and “har har har you’re all wrong what idiots you are” that you seem to be implying. 

I'll just agree to disagree on this one. :)

• Love 1

Ackles final “but not the only one” remark got me thinking. Could they possibly be about to announce a multi season renewal? Perhaps a season 15 in addition to 14. As far as I know the CW has never done it before, but multi season renewals have occurred on other networks. The Big Bang Theory was renewed for seasons 8-10 at the same time I believe.  I can’t think of any benchmarks that would occur before episode 400, which makes me wonder if they’re thinking pretty far into the future. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, scribe95 said:

I could see a multi-season renewal if there were fewer episodes per season, which I think both guys would LOVE. It would give them freedom for some side projects or family time. So maybe two seasons but 24 episodes? 

Possibly although they’d be considering sticking to the show for a VERY long time if they hope to make the next benchmark (episode 400) and do so at a pace of 12 new episodes a year. Getting to episode 400 would take another eight seasons if they shortened the seasons to twelve episodes per year. 

Are you planning on calling everyone by their last name now, or just Jensen? LOL I demand consistency in your naming conventions.

34 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Ackles final “but not the only one” remark got me thinking

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Are you planning on calling everyone by their last name now, or just Jensen? LOL I demand consistency in your naming conventions.

Seems as if it's just Jensen. I don't see Jared or Collins getting the same treatment.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2018 at 9:25 AM, SueB said:

My personal opinion is that J2 don't need the "producer title" because 1) they already HAVE sufficient control over characters/show quality that they have time for and 2) they don't want their actor pay cut by giving them producer credit (which may or maynot up their total pay as actors -- they want to get paid what they are worth for their acting, which would parlay better to future acting projects).  And the control they appear to want to exhibit is less about storyline and more about character.  I think it's a smart choice.  Storylines come and go, what makes them so watchable is the long term character development IMO.  

Also, they are 2 stars at pretty much the same level, as opposed to e.g. Juliana Margulies, the only star, as an exec producer of The Good Wife. 

Do you think it makes any difference that J2 are on CW instead of one of the big 3 networks?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, auntvi said:

Also, they are 2 stars at pretty much the same level, as opposed to e.g. Juliana Margulies, the only star, as an exec producer of The Good Wife. 

Do you think it makes any difference that J2 are on CW instead of one of the big 3 networks?

No, I don't think it's because of the CW network. Tom Welling (Clark Kent on Smallville) was an EP for a couple of years at the end of Smallville's run. If J & J pushed for it, I'm fairly certain they could get that status. But I agree with what Sue B. said above - they don't really want it.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I just don't think J2 are into glamour titles like that. When Jensen directed I think it's clear he really directed, not just in name only. 

I think they are smart to not take producers credits.  Them having input into their characters isn't nearly the same level of responsibility for an overall lousy product IF it becomes really terrible by the end, which IMO it hasn't,. I suspect they negotiate things that matter to them more than a producer credit. 

• Love 2