Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

So he’s basically their version of Captain America?

Apparently in the comics he is a parody of Captain America, described as weak-willed and cowardly. That is what made me so apprehensive. If there is one character type I absolutely can`t watch, it is this.   

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

So he’s basically their version of Captain America?

16 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Not entirely my preference but at least away from the CW. Streaming is a good place to be right now. And the character sounds interesting if I understand the premise right. 

Though now I`ve read something that made me very apprehensive, please no goofy comedy. 

It must have been in the works a bit, though, because media articles are already dropping so everyone probably waited for "go" sign.  

This is an entirely different 'superhero' show. Most of the 'supes' are not heroes at all, or at least far from altruistic. I think this is a great opportunity for Jensen to show his range. The comedy is quite dark. 

Kripke loves him. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/supernaturals-jensen-ackles-joins-the-boys-season-3-1234737168/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 6

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of The Boys and look forward to the second, however I am a little sad that Jensen didn't get a more mainstream role.  Also the comments about what the character is, is not very promising as far as I am concerned at the moment anyway.

• Love 1

And if he is a regular, he may well be in Toronto at the time of the next SPNTorCon (assuming all goes to schedule).  Their second season was filming in October last year, so it could be a Summer start??

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Apparently in the comics he is a parody of Captain America, described as weak-willed and cowardly. That is what made me so apprehensive. If there is one character type I absolutely can`t watch, it is this.   

Jensen is a talented actor.. but weak willed and cowardly? That’ll be a stretch 

• Love 3

The 'lead' superhero of tge show is an egotistical,  insane, douche. But its a great role with great writing for the actor. I am happy to see Jensen do this. And it's only 8 -10 eps, lots of opportunity for other things and great exposure. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, supposebly said:

Well, their version of Superman is a mass murdering psychopath with really creepy mommie issues. So, it could have been worse.

I don`t mind a villain but "weak-willed and cowardly" is literally the worst thing a character could be for me. It`s my utter no-go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You have to watch the show to get it. None of the character descriptions are going to be flattering. 

And if the description was "psycho" or "insane douche" or something like that, I wouldn`t have a care in the world. Just not literally coward. Sigh. 

• Love 2
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

None of the character descriptions are going to be flattering. 

Very true. Even the so-called "heroes" are mostly awful people. And the supes are either addicts, sociopaths, psychopaths, rapists, or sexual harassers. Or a combination of some of these lovely attributes. At best they just go along with the carnage.

• Love 3

Having thought about it, I’m kinda disappointed by Jensen’s choice, and I REALLY want to know what else he’s been offered.  I don’t like shows that seem to be full of, for want of better words, unlikeable, nasty characters, with no apparent redeeming features. (which is why I gave up on Yellowstone 2 or 3 episodes in).  I wanna give a crap about characters I give up my time for, pure and simple.  Plus, assuming it wasn’t his one and only option, was the choice to work with Kripke the easy, comfortable option, because if so I would have hoped he’d have more confidence in his own talents to have maybe taken a chance on an unfamiliar leader.  Just my rant, YMMV.

Walker is definitely gonna be more my cup of tea, if we over here in the UK get a chance to watch it.  Nailing my colours to the Moose mast!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

From Kripke. This tells me all I need to know. ♡ 

20200817_132335.jpg

Now I'm going to spend the afternoon thinking about him smelling like warm chocolate chip cookies... 😉 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Having thought about it, I’m kinda disappointed by Jensen’s choice, and I REALLY want to know what else he’s been offered.  I don’t like shows that seem to be full of, for want of better words, unlikeable, nasty characters, with no apparent redeeming features. (which is why I gave up on Yellowstone 2 or 3 episodes in).  I wanna give a crap about characters I give up my time for, pure and simple.  Plus, assuming it wasn’t his one and only option, was the choice to work with Kripke the easy, comfortable option, because if so I would have hoped he’d have more confidence in his own talents to have maybe taken a chance on an unfamiliar leader.  Just my rant, YMMV.

Walker is definitely gonna be more my cup of tea, if we over here in the UK get a chance to watch it.  Nailing my colours to the Moose mast!

I don`t mind that it is a show with unlikeable characters. Just hoping they will take some major liberties with the source material in this case. Make him evil, great, just not weak.

As for working with Kripke, well, Jared is working with Carver (and the CW) so it`s not like either one branched out. Networking and connections are a big part of the buisness. Most times it just might not be so obvious to the viewer. I`m sure Jensen could have had a show on the CW if he wanted as Pedowitz really was keen on keeping both. I`m happy he is branching out from it. He is kinda outgrowing the network age-wise. Jared is, too, but since they make him a dad of teen kids, maybe they will be trying to write for that crowd simulteaneously.

What I`m truly happy for is that Jensen is getting some positive coverage right now. The announcement is dropping everywhere. 

• Love 9

I'd rather see him doing this than yet another remake. This is a riskier choice, IMO, then playing it safe on the CW where even shows with basement dwelling ratings gets renewed. The Boys has great buzz, a short enough shooting schedule to allow for more opportunities, and most importantly, a showrunner who loves Jensen and above all, respects his talent.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is an entirely different 'superhero' show. Most of the 'supes' are not heroes at all, or at least far from altruistic. I think this is a great opportunity for Jensen to show his range. The comedy is quite dark. 

Kripke loves him. 

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/supernaturals-jensen-ackles-joins-the-boys-season-3-1234737168/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I love how excited Kripke is to have Jensen on this show, and apparently how all the media is excited too. Jensen, The Boys, and Soldier Boy have been trending for a long time.

I love The Boys, was looking forward to the second season coming back, and needless to say am REALLY looking forward to season three! I think this is a good move for him, a project with a lot of hype and cache, a role completely different from Dean, and a comfortable stepping stone to other things. He gets to work with a couple people he's worked with before, he doesn't have to carry the show, and he'll get a lot of notice for it.

I love the way he announced it too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

Very true. Even the so-called "heroes" are mostly awful people. And the supes are either addicts, sociopaths, psychopaths, rapists, or sexual harassers. Or a combination of some of these lovely attributes. At best they just go along with the carnage.

As a huge fan of The Boys I'm so excited to see Jensen make his way over there. They're so deliciously awful, even the "good guys" are just pure psychos. Mother's Milk is probably the only good one.

I'm so excited, this is going to be awesome. 

• Love 10

I wish I was able to watch it but with it not being on mainstream networks it won't be possible. 

Does The Boys have their own Forum?  I guess we'll have to discuss Jensen over there from now on. At least until he finds another project.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 3

The character description doesn't bother me, because, Jensen must have read the script and something appealed to him.  Plus, Jensen embraces his characters wholeheartedly.  Plus, he has a habit of making his characters so much more than they the writing intended. 

I can't wait to see him take on this challenge.

• Love 11

So with The Boys, is there any movement for the characters or do they all just stay horrible people? I watched one episode and was so grossed out by one of the character's behavior I couldn't keep going. If there's hope for growth I might give it another try, but if it's all just "Haha, look how bad the heroes are," it's not going to be my cup of tea.

• Love 2

Not much so far. The so-called good people (or rather naive ones) just learned to deal with the awful people a bit better in the first season. The plot seemed to go more along the lines of us learning why the characters are the way they are. Or we learn new awfulness.

I'm really making this show sound terrible, aren't I? I really like it, it's subversive, absurd, and really funny. With quite a few commentaries on real life issues. Cloaked into a lot of exploding bodies.

• Love 5

Okay so it looks according to the source material there are two solider boys.

Soilder boy 2 who is naive and dumb, but sounds like he has a lot of trauma to deal with. 

And Soilder Boy 1, whose ... I'm not sure if this would be a spoiler so I'll tag just in case.

Spoiler

Apparently Solider Boy 2 stole the legacy of Solider Boy 1.  Solider Boy 1 was the first superhero to basically get celebrity status.  But he's arrogant and apparently gets his whole squad killed.

Jensen is apparently playing the original solider boy but I cant find much into on him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

I love the way he announced it too.

This is my favourite part. He is so original and his face can tell a story all on its own. That little smirk though? *is dead*

10 minutes ago, supposebly said:

I'm really making this show sound terrible, aren't I? I really like it, it's subversive, absurd, and really funny. With quite a few commentaries on real life issues. Cloaked into a lot of exploding bodies.

This! So much. I think the underlying message is to be careful about who your 'heroes' are.

• Love 6

I was absolutely thrilled when I saw Jensen's instagram today! I love "The Boys", I love Karl Urban, and I love Jensen! This is a show that I'm already invested in, and having Jensen on it will only make it better. I'm so happy with this news! I knew he had to have something lined up, and was just waiting for the all clear to say something. He's just too much of a talent to not immediately be swiped up for something else.

• Love 8

My first reaction upon hearing the news: ASHFFGHSKJDCNBVCE!!!!!!!

More measured reaction: I am SO happy that Jensen's got something on the horizon that's relatively well-known and well-regarded. With the outpouring of buzz and excitement over this news, and his considerable popularity, I have my fingers crossed that he'll get to show off his chops in a nuanced and interesting role.  I can't imagine Jensen as a one-dimensional bit-player after all this fanfare, so I'm excited! But mostly, I'm just glad that he'll be free of the CW and onto a more quality network/creative team.

ETA: Also, Kripke mentioned Jensen bringing not only humor, but "danger" and "pathos" to the role. Sounds meatier than "snivelling coward" to me!

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Okay so it looks according to the source material there are two solider boys.

Soilder boy 2 who is naive and dumb, but sounds like he has a lot of trauma to deal with. 

And Soilder Boy 1, whose ... I'm not sure if this would be a spoiler so I'll tag just in case.

Reveal spoiler

Apparently Solider Boy 2 stole the legacy of Solider Boy 1.  Solider Boy 1 was the first superhero to basically get celebrity status.  But he's arrogant and apparently gets his whole squad killed.

Jensen is apparently playing the original solider boy but I cant find much into on him.

Thanks for the info! Sounds interesting. I wonder if Kripke will tweak the character into a combo of both?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

And his comment on Jensen's IG.

jp.JPG

These may be the nicest things Jared has ever posted/tweeted to Jensen (without a joke in the mix). Good on him!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, bethy said:

Maybe I'll give The Boys another try. For Jensen. 🙂 And maybe if I go in with different expectations, I'll like it better. 

I've never watched The Boys but for the amount of buzz the show is getting today for a season that won't even air until 2021 I'm guessing that scoring Jensen was a bigger deal for Kripke than for Jensen.  I know there are other stars but I haven't seen this much buzz  as Jensen is getting today.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

These may be the nicest things Jared has ever posted/tweeted to Jensen (without a joke in the mix). Good on him!

I have to agree with Jared.  They are lucky to have him.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Returning October 8th, will end with a two-hour event, including a retrospective and the final episode on Nov 19th.

https://tvline.com/2020/08/17/supernatural-season-15-final-episodes-premiere-return-date-cw/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

So glad to hear that I called it when I said in the "Supernatural Ending" thread that I thought they would be able to air their finale before a Christmas break. Seems that it will be aired even before Thanksgiving! Great news! I don't know whether or not I'll like it, (money's on not) but it will be finished, and Jensen is ready to move to another project. I have Amazon, but haven't watch "The Boys". I guess I'll have plenty of time to check it out.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

I've never watched The Boys but for the amount of buzz the show is getting today for a season that won't even air until 2021 I'm guessing that scoring Jensen was a bigger deal for Kripke than for Jensen.  I know there are other stars but I haven't seen this much buzz  as Jensen is getting today.

I have to agree with Jared.  They are lucky to have him.

I am sure there are going to be some, err, fans, who are not going to like him doing a decidedly adult show like this - I think Danneel might have been a little generous in saying the kids could see it in ten years, lol. This is definitely not your grandpa's superhero show.

I love that this means we can still see him on our tv's, and it leaves the door open for possible film roles (pretty, pretty please) both before and after.

It also means we will probably see him on the ComicCon stage again!!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Kripke loves him. 

He truly does! I loved the comment that Jensen smells like "warm chocolate chip cookies" 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You have to watch the show to get it. None of the character descriptions are going to be flattering. 

I'm definitely binging this week so I can get up to speed. Dark comedy is right up my alley!

• Love 7

Fantastic news for Jensen...i'm going to have to get Amazon Prime now!  About the concern about the character being weak--I read they've tweaked other characters somewhat from the comic and they specifically said they wouldn't be surprised that Jensen's Soldier Boy is tweaked toward Jensen's strengths.  Nice to see Kripke and Jensen back together...and Jim Beaver is recurring.  Kripke also supposedly talking to bring JDM over...with Jensen there i'm sure JDM will even be enthusiastic to do it.  Love that Jensen will get meaty character with adult humor and complexity.

Just now, Pondlass1 said:

Two downsides (for me).. one — I really didn’t want him as part of a large ensemble, two — I gotta wait all the way to 2022!  Wahhh!! 😭

Well for a while i'm sure Jensen would like to spread out the workload...time for more later.

47 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe I'm projecting but Jensen already looks kind of done here.

Well i've seen him multiple times recently...seems normal to me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Well for a while i'm sure Jensen would like to spread out the workload...time for more later.

I agree. He will (presumably) be shooting The Boys in Toronto, so that'll be time away from home, plus he still has the brewery   But it will make his mark on the industry radar a little brighter. I really, REALLY hope this also leaves him time for a feature film (or two), with the short seasons and being part of an ensemble. Maybe he'll get to direct again, too. With so many performing arts jobs lost or in limbo due to the pandemic, I am thrilled that he has this job and I am 100% confident he's gonna blow some minds.

• Love 9