Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Big kid!

Big kid ... yeah. Of course, I'm going to hell because my first thought about this big kid was, thank you Jensen for the lovely crotch shot! 😈

Come on, I need something to make me smile while we're dealing with all this crap. And my boy Jensen knows that. Thank you, Jensen!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2020/03/23/supernatural-on-hiatus-after-tonights-episode/

So we are not getting even the completed episodes (beyond tonight's) for now. But they are still promising an ending.

The last season of Supernatural is winding down, and tonight, Season 15, Episode 13 is airing. Andrew Dabb tweeted today that due to the production shut down, this will be their last episode for awhile, seemingly going on hiatus for a bit.

The production was temporarily shut down after finishing filming episode 18 out of 20 due to COVID-19 and making sure to keep the cast, crew, and their families safe during this time. Dabb also tweeted that the visual effects and sound departments have closed because of the outbreak, so the episodes can’t be finished, and there will be some special treats coming to help get through this.

Dabb also reassured everyone that they will return to finish the series, saying that it’s not a matter of “if” the series ends, but “when”.

Stay tuned for more information.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Heh, they could have kept to hiatus and not aired just two eps. But hindsight, I guess.

As for Dabb's promises - or threats, depending on perspective, that will be a matter of contracts eventually. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Heh, they could have kept to hiatus and not aired just two eps. But hindsight, I guess.

As for Dabb's promises - or threats, depending on perspective, that will be a matter of contracts eventually. 

Yeah, hindsight and all that. At this point it's possible that instead of a 2-hour wrap up movie, the remaining 7 episodes + a retrospective might be packaged as a season 15-B to air in the fall. A lot of cable series do it that way - air part of a season for a couple months, then air the second part of that same season 6 months later.

They're saying with pilot season pretty much shot to hell, a lot of bubble shows (not referring to SPN now) might be saved for a second season, likely 8-13 episodes, where they could have been outright canceled before this. This disaster may be a blessing for those shows.

So the CW airing a 15-B in the fall would be in line with that kind of programming. Every network's fall programming is going to look a bit different than the networks originally envisioned, obviously.

Of course, everyone needs to get back to work to make any of this happen. Anyway, it's a possibility for salvaging the final season - and giving the CW "new" SPN extended into the fall.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, hindsight and all that. At this point it's possible that instead of a 2-hour wrap up movie, the remaining 7 episodes + a retrospective might be packaged as a season 15-B to air in the fall. A lot of cable series do it that way - air part of a season for a couple months, then air the second part of that same season 6 months later.

Maybe next spring.  This ain't going to be over by fall.

What a neat article, to see it through the eyes of a town that literally has grown up with it.

Heh.  Vancouver was a grown-up town waaaaaay before Supernatural showed up, and it'll long continue to be a grown-up town waaaaaay after Supernatural (and Riverdale, and whatever the fuck else) leaves.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, Demian said:

Heh.  Vancouver was a grown-up town waaaaaay before Supernatural showed up, and it'll long continue to be a grown-up town waaaaaay after Supernatural (and Riverdale, and whatever the fuck else) leaves.

Obviously Vancouver has had television productions before SPN ( shout out to The X-Files! ). IMO the fact that the article was from the perspective of local actors that had appeared on the show during the early seasons and literally grew up seeing the affect that SPN had on their hometown there's nothing wrong with them calling it a "grown up town". 

• Love 2
On 3/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, Demian said:

Don't think it was meant as an insult.  15 years is a long time and I know even the big city I'm living in now has change dramatically in 30 years.  So it is all from the perspective of your viewpoint.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

It gets better! I got Dean after about 20 tries 😁

I took me three days of tries before I got Dean.  

However, thinking about it, I think Dean in quarantine would drive me nuts, judging by how we've seen him when he was bored. 😊  So who do you think would be best (for company/your sanity) to be locked in with for several months?

At least the bunker has a lot of room and lots to explore...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

However, thinking about it, I think Dean in quarantine would drive me nuts, judging by how we've seen him when he was bored. 😊  So who do you think would be best (for company/your sanity) to be locked in with for several months?

I agree that a bored Dean is not someone that you would want to be stuck with.  I think Sam would be annoying also.  You might be able to have some fun with literal Cas, but it would probably get old real fast.  I would say Jodie, just because we know that she cooks.  She doesn't seem like she would be annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I'd still take Dean over any of the other ones. He may drive me crazy at some point but I'm sure that it'll be less than with the others that I ended up with on my first 20 tries ( Meg, Charlie, Gabriel ) !

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean all the way. Yeah, he likes to prank when bored (and when not), but he also likes to play games, listen to music, watch movies. And I'm 100% sure we could also find other methods of distraction. 🙂

Totally agree! 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean all the way. Yeah, he likes to prank when bored (and when not), but he also likes to play games, listen to music, watch movies. And I'm 100% sure we could also find other methods of distraction. 🙂

Oh, I have no doubt that i could find  many and numerous methods of distraction, if I were quarantined with Dean. 

In fact, that might be the stuff that quarantine dreams are made of, tbh. 😉🥰

• Love 6

Misha left a video message yesterday talking about the delay in production and a subsequent stall in the showing of episodes.  He went on to say they will finish all the episodes including the final 2 and it will all be done by the end of the year.

He said he likes to savor things and this gives he and us a chance to savor the final season even more.  So Misha much more optimistic than his initial post about things a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah no doubts they finish it up--they have all the scripts...just need a let up with the virus in a couple or more months to finish the episodes to be done by the end of the year.

I already heard many next season shows will be delayed also by the virus--they are talking WALKER will certainly be delayed...they will finish SPN first.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Misha left a video message yesterday talking about the delay in production and a subsequent stall in the showing of episodes.  He went on to say they will finish all the episodes and it will all be done by the end of the year.

He said he likes to savor things and this gives he and us a chance to savor the final season even more.  So Misha much more optimistic than his initial post about things a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah no doubts they finish it up--they have all the scripts...just need a let up with the virus in a couple or more months to finish the episodes to be done by the end of the year.

I already heard many next season shows will be delayed also by the virus--they are talking WALKER will certainly be delayed...they will finish SPN first.

Yeah, and he left it on the CW's official SPN twitter feed, so that seems to continue to confirm that they're most likely going to package the rest of the episodes to air in the fall.

Every series, current and new, is going to be affected and highly likely delayed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Good of him (and the CW and WB) to ease our hearts.  

it’s like breaking up Harry Potter 7, and Game throne Last season.  Maybe they’ll ‘Restart’ in the fall as an alternative to the missing new shows.  
It kinda comes down to the Lot in many ways.  They can’t get in there to deconstruct due to restrictions, so they have to skeedaddle in there to film as soon as open. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, bethy said:

It is SO WEIRD to me that this news is coming from Misha and neither Jensen or Jared have said a thing.

Makes me wonder if they have other commitments already that won't work to finish? Hmmmm

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Makes me wonder if they have other commitments already that won't work to finish? Hmmmm

So are you suggesting that when Misha says ‘WE will finish the season before the end of the year’, J2 won’t be in it?  That hardly seems likely.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, SueB said:

So are you suggesting that when Misha says ‘WE will finish the season before the end of the year’, J2 won’t be in it?  That hardly seems likely.  

I am on the fence as to whether or not I believe the show will film the last two episodes as written. But I believe that is their hope and intention, and I believe that Misha is more willing to appease/placate his fans with something he (nor anyone else) can't really know for sure right now. Definitely Jensen, and likely Jared would be roasted on a pike if they make a promise/statement like this and it doesn't happen.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

People reading way too much in this--it isn't Misha placating...it's him speaking on behalf of CW(with their stamp of approval).  It's no conspiracy because one of the J's didn't do it.  It's happening.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 5

I think it will depend on how long the shut down is.  I think everyone has every intention of filming the end, but if pandemic lasts 6-8 months it may not be economically feasible for the CW to restart for 2-3 weeks and get everyone back together. 

Plus, Jensen will always be a wild card.  Jared is contracted to Walker, but that being a CW property it can be postponed.  But if Jensen signed, for example, with Sony (purely hypothetical, no knowedge), he may not be allowed to film a for the WB.

This is why I think Jared and Jensen haven't said anything.  I don't think its  conspiracy or that Misha is placating.  I think they all want to, but in the end it may not be up to them.

I was thinking, I personally hope they do get some kind of ending because if not that means berens wrote the series finale.

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Jakes said:

People reading way too much in this--it isn't Misha placating...it's him speaking on behalf of CW(with their stamp of approval).  It's no conspiracy because one of the J's didn't do it.  It's happening.

Misha also posted and then deleted a photo that said it might be the last time they (J2 and Alex) ever filmed together. There can be no definitive statements right now - things are too volatile. It's good to be positive if it makes you feel better, but there are no guarantees.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I think what Misha posted is currently the plan and the honest intention of everyone involved. However, things can change. Plans can fall through or be altered. Especially in the entertainment industry. For the time being I`m enjoying the blessed weeks/moths of hiatus. That has been the best thing about the show in years.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Likely? No. Possible? Yes. Typically, J2 lead the way with comments etc to fans, yet this time it's Misha. JMO

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Likely? No. Possible? Yes. Typically, J2 lead the way with comments etc to fans, yet this time it's Misha. JMO

So being on the official @CWSPN twitter does or does not factor into this?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

So being on the official @CWSPN twitter does or does not factor into this?

Well, the official @cwspn account is pretty much useless, but it being said by Dabb does give it more weight. But a) things can, and are, changing on the daily right now, and b) what else are they going to say at this point?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, the official @cwspn account is pretty much useless, but it being said by Dabb does give it more weight. But a) things can, and are, changing on the daily right now, and b) what else are they going to say at this point?

B) they could ...

- say we are committed to completing and leave off the specific timing of ‘by the end of this year’.  
- say nothing 
- say even more like ‘and the sets will stay in place til it’s done’ 
- say ‘we are running the remaining episodes we’ve filmed as soon we complete post-production efforts (this begging the question ... what about the yet-to-be-filmed episodes?

In short they:

1) made a choice to make a public statement via twitter (clearly less weight than a press release)
2) choose to set a time limit on how long it will take (this calendar year)
3) clarified that new episodes likely not to air in the near future 

I’d say they made some specific choices and had plenty of options on what they chose to say. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SueB said:

I’d say they made some specific choices and had plenty of options on what they chose to say. 

Yes. Based on info they have today. Things are fluid right now. We’ll see what happens, but I doubt it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2