Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On ‘no touching’: saw Mandy Moore on the Today Show and they were talking about ‘not being allowed to hug’.  I really can’t blame Creation taking that stand.  Boston just cancelled the St Patrick’s Day parade.   This is a big financial impact everywhere.  

Question: Do you think Creation should cancel/reschedule Nashville?  Wait and see closer?  Move ahead?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, SueB said:

On ‘no touching’: saw Mandy Moore on the Today Show and they were talking about ‘not being allowed to hug’.  I really can’t blame Creation taking that stand.  Boston just cancelled the St Patrick’s Day parade.   This is a big financial impact everywhere.  

Question: Do you think Creation should cancel/reschedule Nashville?  Wait and see closer?  Move ahead?

I think everyone should cancel all large gatherings through the end of April and then take a wait and see approach from there.  I was supposed to go to a concert with a friend on Friday, but I've backed out.  I realize I could just as easily pick it up at the grocery store (or more likely from my boss who just flew back from Cali), but why take extra chances?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, S Cook Productions said:

Thanks for that. What a neat article, to see it through the eyes of a town that literally has grown up with it. I'm supposed to go to Vancouver in May. I wonder if anything will be left or if it is included on any set tours or anything.

I went to Vancouver a couple of years ago.  We went on a bus tour and came back to the hotel at night. One of the streets was closed off and the driver said it was probably for filming, and i was straining so hard to see if I could see any SPN people. I figured night time filming had extra good chance of being for SPN. I couldn't see anything, though.

• Useful 1

I think they should cancel Nashville. And honestly because the no touching rule was a joke. They were leaning all over people and doing pretend hugs etc. The only real difference I could see was they didn't use their hands. So they aren't stopping the spread. For safety purposes should postpone. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think they should cancel Nashville. And honestly because the no touching rule was a joke. They were leaning all over people and doing pretend hugs etc. The only real difference I could see was they didn't use their hands. So they aren't stopping the spread. For safety purposes should postpone. 

Depending on how things progress, they may not have a choice in it by April.

I truly think the Creation peoples' heads will explode if they are forced to refund everyone.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Depending on how things progress, they may not have a choice in it by April.

I truly think the Creation peoples' heads will explode if they are forced to refund everyone.

If Creation cancels, they pay the hotel, the performers, and refund tickets. If Creation reschedules, they will probably still pay the hotel.  

If Nashville (the city) or Tennessee declare a public emergency, the Creation may get away with not paying the hotel and possibly the performers.  Ticket goer SHOULD get a refund but they may offer credit (see their approach to the snow-mageddon of Seattle for M&G's). If they reschedule, IMO, individuals would be (personally) out airfare and prepaid hotel and would refund is dubious. They state multiple times:

ADMISSION TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-EXCHANGEABLE

A mess, not matter what. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SueB said:

If Creation cancels, they pay the hotel, the performers, and refund tickets. If Creation reschedules, they will probably still pay the hotel.  

If Nashville (the city) or Tennessee declare a public emergency, the Creation may get away with not paying the hotel and possibly the performers.  Ticket goer SHOULD get a refund but they may offer credit (see their approach to the snow-mageddon of Seattle for M&G's). If they reschedule, IMO, individuals would be (personally) out airfare and prepaid hotel and would refund is dubious. They state multiple times:

A mess, not matter what. 

The website states that tickets are non-refundable in the event one or more guests cancel. I don't see policy listed anywhere that states what happens if the entire con is cancelled. I may have missed that though. Of course they would not be liable for any travel or accommodation costs, but refunding ticket purchases (or the option of credit) for an event that doesn't take place at all is the right thing to do.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, SueB said:

If they reschedule, IMO, individuals would be (personally) out airfare and prepaid hotel and would refund is dubious.

Most airlines are waiving cancellation or change fees, though some are only giving credit for another flight, not a refund (and some are only for 90 days).  If someone booked the hotel directly (and not through Creation) they'd probably be refunded, but if they're using the block Creation reserved, I guess that's up to the hotel and/or con.  

Things are changing pretty quickly, though, and there's a lot of pressure being applied to allow cancellations of any travel or conventions without penalties.  

I see the SXSW organizers are refusing to give refunds, but are allowing tickets to be used for later events (up to 3 years).  Apparently their site is very specific:

SXSW’s original terms and conditions of participation states, “Any and all payments made to SXSW are not refundable for any reason, including, without limitation, failure to use Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchases.”

I assume the "illness" part is if the participant himself is ill, but acts of God or terrorism seem to cover all outside events.  (That means if Austin is hit by a hurricane or earthquake that wipes out all the venues and performers, they still won't give refunds.)  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Well creation just postponed Stranger Con, and in the biggest news yet- Disney World is closing! 

I'm just crossing my fingers that my Keane concert next week won't get canceled. I called and so far so good. We'll be traveling about 5 hours and staying overnight... I don't want to miss it, because they seldom come here to the U.S. and especially this area. (Last saw them in 2013. First and only time. Best concert I've ever been to.***)

I'd be so disappointed.

*** They aren't everyone's cup of tea, but hubby and I share a huge appreciation of them. We met a bunch of loyal fans that night and all those I talked with on the way back to the car were blown away. Me to hubby on the walk back: "How do you explain that [the concert] to someone who wasn't there?" Woman walking next to me: "You can't."

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, SueB said:

‘Grey area.’ Perfect response.  

Dean and Chandler. Ha!

ETA: She wasn't even close about the father except for the fact he is their father. LOL 'Spot on!'

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

And it seems SPN has suspended production according to Hollywood Report

I honestly can't decide which emotie this needs.

Somehow it just seems... like something Dabb would write. 

• Love 4

Depending on how long the shutdown is, it's gonna be a problem with contracts. Sure, they are under contract for Season 15 but not with a "to be finished whenever" clause. Crew doesn't remain indefinitely, sets won't be maintained indefinitely etc.

I totally understand that health concerns are way more important than other things and, as such, completely support the shutdowns of this show and all the others but it's a really weird limbo state right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Depending on how long the shutdown is, it's gonna be a problem with contracts. Sure, they are under contract for Season 15 but not with a "to be finished whenever" clause. Crew doesn't remain indefinitely, sets won't be maintained indefinitely etc.

I totally understand that health concerns are way more important than other things and, as such, completely support the shutdowns of this show and all the others but it's a really weird limbo state right now.

If this is a two week thing then they will probably finish. If this is a two month thing then the finale is in trouble. A lot of the cast and crew have new jobs and I don’t see those projects postponing to let Supernatural finish. I don’t know how the contracts work but they might have to redo them if they have to start filming six weeks after their contracted end date. Worse case scenario if they can’t finish is a virtual guarantee of a movie finale somewhere down the road. 

• Love 2

The show Legacies just announced that episode 16 will serve as their Season Finale (Season was supposed to have 20 episodes and they were mid-shoot at 17). That doesn't look like anyone expects any soon-ish pick-up of shooting again.

Other shows will probably see if they can make due with a completed episode as a Season Finale and work the actual conclusion into next Season. For a Series Finale that is obviously not really feasible.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The show Legacies just announced that episode 16 will serve as their Season Finale (Season was supposed to have 20 episodes and they were mid-shoot at 17). That doesn't look like anyone expects any soon-ish pick-up of shooting again.

Other shows will probably see if they can make due with a completed episode as a Season Finale and work the actual conclusion into next Season. For a Series Finale that is obviously not really feasible.

Superstore, NCIS have also cut their seasons short - and the former had one more episode that was supposed to serve as a send-off for the lead actress. But this is a real concern now - it's looking more likely that an increasing number of sets, if not all sets, won't go back to work until summer at the earliest, and that's going to be a major problem for SPN.

I'm sure there's no way ep #18 can serve as even a shitty finale. Not that I expect any kind of greatness from Dabb's finale plans, but even a piss poor finale has some semblance of closure. A non-finale does not - which can be fixed in the fall with a show coming back for another season. For a series ending, this is not good news. And trying to keep everyone on board for a 2-hour movie wrap-up is tricky and not a guarantee, especially as contracts are expiring.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Superstore, NCIS have also cut their seasons short - and the former had one more episode that was supposed to serve as a send-off for the lead actress. But this is a real concern now - it's looking more likely that an increasing number of sets, if not all sets, won't go back to work until summer at the earliest, and that's going to be a major problem for SPN.

I'm sure there's no way ep #18 can serve as even a shitty finale. Not that I expect any kind of greatness from Dabb's finale plans, but even a piss poor finale has some semblance of closure. A non-finale does not - which can be fixed in the fall with a show coming back for another season. For a series ending, this is not good news. And trying to keep everyone on board for a 2-hour movie wrap-up is tricky and not a guarantee, especially as contracts are expiring.

The way things keep escalating it is looking more likely that 18 is it. I am positive there will be a finale even if it is years down the road. J2 even said at the last convention that they both are open to coming back in the future. So once this mess is finally over and things get back to normal, they have all the time in the world to decide how and when to end the story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I think the writers, producers and editors can still work (they can work in isolation, not in a large group) so maybe they can rework the unaired eps to form some kind of resolution so at least it's not dangling.  (Of course, that would mean that it would be up to Dabb to make that resolution.)

My hope would be that later (hopefully after Dabb and his group have moved on) they can write and film a final conclusion that maybe more people will like.  

Well, I can dream, can't I?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

My hope would be that later (hopefully after Dabb and his group have moved on) they can write and film a final conclusion that maybe more people will like.  

I feel terrible for the cast and crew who have invested so many years, and so much love, in the show and in each other. They deserve a better ending as much as the fans do, Dabb & Co not-withstanding.

Isn't it somehow cosmic that Dabb's shitshow would end in a... shitshow?

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

We might not even get the full 18 episodes filmed.  It takes several weeks afterward to edit, add music, special effects. etc, and  there are reshoots, and ADR that are usually necessary.

I'm not sure how much of that can be done on an individual basis.

I guess I'm in the minority, because of how much I despise this season.  I feel like my show ended in s11 when Dean saved the world with his big heart.   I have my closure. 

Although I do feel bad for the cast and crew that worked so hard to keep the show on the air for so long that won't get it.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 11

Wow,  Misha really acknowledges the possibility that the shutdown will remain until contracts have run out - likely - AND there never might be a wrap-up at a later date? I mean, it is possible but I think they would try and find some way.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Errm.

Oh god I just got incredibly sad. I wasn’t looking forward to the end depending on the story but this makes me sad. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Wow,  Misha really acknowledges the possibility that the shutdown will remain until contracts have run out - likely - AND there never might be a wrap-up at a later date? I mean, it is possible but I think they would try and find some way.

My only other thought is that they were filming 19 and maybe one or more of them doesn't make it to 20?

16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

My only other thought is that they were filming 19 and maybe one or more of them doesn't make it to 20?

I think they all would have been in the Finale on some level though indeed maybe not shooting a scene together with everyone involved. 

• Love 1

I have mixed feelings about the show not resuming.

I feel bad for Jensen, Jared, and Misha for not getting to finish the series on their terms, but on the other hand on a personal level I'm not that bothered about it since this season is one big cluster f***

I'm not even sure I'm going to watch tonight because of who wrote the ep and the subject matter.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lemuria said:

What did it look like?  Pretty please?

Same verbage as above, with this photo. (My screencap is at work).

This was the last time we were all shooting together before #SPN production got shut down due to #coronavirus (and may be the last time we all film together, ever.) If you’re stuck home & need some friends, Supernatural is back on tonight. #StayHomeSaveLives

📸by Peter Hunter pic.twitter.com/4GfdPRVCAZ

— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) March 16, 2020

pic.jpg

It kind of seems like Misha let something slip he didn't mean to.  I still can't see how they return to filming anytime soon. For one Jared's plane blew up. They would have to take commercial airlines (I can't see that happening) and the Coronapocalyse seems to be heading well into summer. At some point they have to start talking movie.

And as an aside Idris Elba just tested positive (asymptomatic). He is in self quarantine for the next 2 weeks. An actors life isn't an easy one.  Do the guys really want to take the risk of exposing their families?  

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3