Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Well, I can't speak for fandom,  but IMO Destiel refers only to a perceived romantic/sexual relationship between Dean and Cas.

DeanCas is IMO the canon relationship between Dean and Cas

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

That is the way I've always seperated them in my mind. Destiel refers to a romantic relationship favoured by some fans and Dean!Cas refers to them as friends / surrogate family :). I'm not sure if that has changed, or us fans are just being lazy LOL. 

Our resident lover of all thing Destiel and Dean!Cas @catrox14 might know though :)

I LOL'd at this typo. I now picture Dean possessing Cas and it amuses me. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, I can't speak for fandom,  but IMO Destiel refers only to a perceived romantic/sexual relationship between Dean and Cas.

DeanCas is IMO the canon relationship between Dean and Cas

I LOL'd at this typo. I now picture Dean possessing Cas and it amuses me. 

Well one of my biggest wishes is a body swap episode! I would be really intrigued to see say Jensen's take on Cas, Jared's take on Dean and Misha's take on Sam. 

2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Well one of my biggest wishes is a body swap episode! I would be really intrigued to see say Jensen's take on Cas, Jared's take on Dean and Misha's take on Sam. 

So close....

deancassam.jpg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh I don't want body swap episodes between TFW unless it's a pure comedy one off that will never be considered canon. .

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh I don't want body swap episodes between TFW unless it's a pure comedy one off that will never be considered canon. .

Or... a Scooby Doo crossover. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I wouldn't want it to be a long term thing just a one off. It would be a monster of the week type episode not a prolonged mytharc. And I'm surprised would you really not want to see Jensen try his hand at say Cas or Misha try Dean? 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Jared's on Twitter regarding AKF but nothing on Mark. Interesting.

Judging from the way everyone else from the show is trying to keep out of it, I think the bad blood is real, and this isn't just a troll.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Judging from the way everyone else from the show is trying to keep out of it, I think the bad blood is real, and this isn't just a troll.

Agreed. There is no reasonable explanation that one of the 'big four' is written out of the show and none of the other three even acknowledge it. It's bizarre.

At this point I think it's only because Mark is Mark that we haven't already had an announcement that his upcoming Creation con appearances are cancelled. By which I mean, Mark a) really loves the fans, and b) generally does not give a fuck what other people think/say. But dang, it's gonna be awkward for everybody whose name is not Mark Sheppard.

(edited)

I can't imagine that Jensen, Jared and Misha haven't spoken with Mark.  They may not take it to social media, but I doubt they would just snub him.  

And I wonder if it's possible that Rowena could come back?  I'd be on board for that.  I have no clue what might have gone down between Mark and TPTB, if anything, but I don't want to lose any more people.

Edited by MysteryGuest
Edited because auto-correct is kicking my ass tonight.
  • Love 5

If these were already posted my apologies. I didn't see them.

Jared Solo panel. Interesting note from Part 2.

Jared doesn't want Sam to go on as character for the sake of it.

Question was if he misses Sam when they are on hiatus. Part of his answer to if he misses Sam when he's on hiatus was interesting

"I will never say...I will never keep Sam alive, just to keep him alive. If somebody is not committed to him and his character writing wise, then I rather he live in our memories. You know?"

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

"I will never say...I will never keep Sam alive, just to keep him alive. If somebody is not committed to him and his character writing wise, then I rather he live in our memories. You know?"

Interesting.  But after all of this time, don't you think that Jared and Jensen have at least some clout with the bigwigs?  Without them, there is no show, and it's still a money maker for them.  Maybe the J's just aren't the type to actually speak up, but I think they should.  

• Love 2

I can't figure out how to get these into the post so just click on the link. Lots of pretty pictures of J2 and the other cast having dinner in Rome. There is one with Jared and Tom Ellis(Lucifer on Fox) and all I can think of is...Sam really needs to stop hanging out with Lucifer(s)

http://foto.ilmessaggero.it/gossip/roma_cast_supernatural-2460493.html?idArticolo=2458854

2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Interesting.  But after all of this time, don't you think that Jared and Jensen have at least some clout with the bigwigs?  Without them, there is no show, and it's still a money maker for them.  Maybe the J's just aren't the type to actually speak up, but I think they should.  

I have no idea. I'm not making in judgments about his comments. I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they have say on how the characters will end. Like can they demand contractually to have their characters killed off rather than re-cast or something?

• Love 2

I would imagine they have some input, but at the end of the day, neither Jensen or Jared are producers or writers. They're contracted to do a job - act. If they don't like the direction their characters have been taken, they can decide not to renew their contracts. Otherwise, both of them seem like guys who do their jobs, whatever their personal feelings may be about their characters.

• Love 1

Mark's off the list for Creation Orlando, but Ruthie is still there.  Take that for what you will.  It could be as simple as Mark demands headliner money and is kind of a curmudgeon at cons and has a baby, while Ruthie works for peanuts.  As for "bad blood", I haven't seen much other than Mark being a tad miffed that Crowley's dead.  Is there anything else?  

I love the guy.  I met him before he was a big deal, somewhere around the time of Badger from Firefly, and he talked to me for the longest time about a bunch of random shit.  Then he kind of blew up with BSG and Supernatural, and he had to kind of adopt this DGAF persona to cope with it all, I guess.  I don't fault him for it, but I don't see a need for him to continue on the Creation circuit.  He's pretty dismissive of questions and drones on and on about politics, and I'm glad he's passionate about something, but it's kind of the same every time.

And Crowley's been written into a corner for years.  They could have salvaged him by making him human for realz or making him the actual Big Bad without redemption, but they didn't have the courage to rock the boat, so we got season-after-season of bored frenemy Crowley, and it's just not interesting.  I'd rather him go out saving the day than hang around whining about demon problems for another year.

I wish him well, and I look forward to seeing him at a non-Creation event, but all of this seems OK to me, and I hope there isn't bad blood from it.

26 minutes ago, bethy said:

I would imagine they have some input, but at the end of the day, neither Jensen or Jared are producers or writers. They're contracted to do a job - act. If they don't like the direction their characters have been taken, they can decide not to renew their contracts. Otherwise, both of them seem like guys who do their jobs, whatever their personal feelings may be about their characters.

I'm surprised that J & J aren't producers at this point. Other TV leads get the producer credit - and at least a little input in where the show is going.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

Mark's off the list for Creation Orlando, but Ruthie is still there.  Take that for what you will.  It could be as simple as Mark demands headliner money and is kind of a curmudgeon at cons and has a baby, while Ruthie works for peanuts.  As for "bad blood", I haven't seen much other than Mark being a tad miffed that Crowley's dead.  Is there anything else?  

He had that salty exchange on Twitter with Jim Michaels that was posted upthread or maybe in the spoiler thread

48 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I can't figure out how to get these into the post so just click on the link. Lots of pretty pictures of J2 and the other cast having dinner in Rome. There is one with Jared and Tom Ellis(Lucifer on Fox) and all I can think of is...Sam really needs to stop hanging out with Lucifer(s)

http://foto.ilmessaggero.it/gossip/roma_cast_supernatural-2460493.html?idArticolo=2458854

I have no idea. I'm not making in judgments about his comments. I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they have say on how the characters will end. Like can they demand contractually to have their characters killed off rather than re-cast or something?

Jared looks more rested...he was nearly incoherent (but hilarious) in his morning session- don't think he had slept much at all! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Binns said:

Jared looks more rested...he was nearly incoherent (but hilarious) in his morning session- don't think he had slept much at all! 

Have to admit I only watched part of Jared's. I don't know if this happened in Jared's solo but in Jensen's, one of the questions was about how Sam felt about something. 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I thought that was him.  What was he doing in Rome?  Was he part of the convention circuit there too?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, auntvi said:

I'm surprised that J & J aren't producers at this point. Other TV leads get the producer credit - and at least a little input in where the show is going.

Now that you mention it I'm surprised that they aren't also. Especially with 12 going into 13 seasons under their belt.

4 hours ago, sarthaz said:

They could have salvaged him by making him human for realz or making him the actual Big Bad without redemption, but they didn't have the courage to rock the boat, so we got season-after-season of bored frenemy Crowley, and it's just not interesting.  

They were so close on this! In season 8 when he was after Kevin and the tablet he was firmly out of frenemy mode and full on big bad and after they got a little human blood into him he became softer in season 9, then he puked up the rest of the human blood at the end of season 10 and became bad again.........and then came the never ending Lucifer nonsense.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I thought that was him.  What was he doing in Rome?  Was he part of the convention circuit there too?

I think he was doing JIBland which is the non SPN con after JIBcon. Sasha Roiz was there too, singing with the SPN cast. And OH PLEASE LET ME HAVE SASHA ROIZ on SPN.

Ohhhh what if he's Asmodeus???

4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

But after all of this time, don't you think that Jared and Jensen have at least some clout with the bigwigs?  Without them, there is no show, and it's still a money maker for them.

I think someone in this thread (sorry I don't know who!) stated that the CW head would keep the show going as long as Jared and Jensen want to keep it going. I would think that should give them some degree of clout, right?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, auntvi said:

My guess is them not getting producer credits probably has to do with compensation structure. They probably negotiated for higher salary/more money on the front end, and were willing to forgo producer credit/more money on the back end to get it.

IMO that makes sense financially for them, since they have growing families and are better off getting more access to their earnings now rather than later. Their expenses are relatively high at this point in their lives (b/c of kids, etc) and, for what it's worth, their tax burden is probably relatively low (relative given that they're high earners) at this stage in their lives, too. (I think lowering their tax burden is also why they have so many little businesses going all the time, too). So I think taking the money now as salary would make more financial sense for them than earning it over time via points or whatever. JMV.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think he was doing JIBland which is the non SPN con after JIBcon. Sasha Roiz was there too, singing with the SPN cast. And OH PLEASE LET ME HAVE SASHA ROIZ on SPN.

Ohhhh what if he's Asmodeus???

Okay, who do I have to sell my soul to for this?

28 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I think someone in this thread (sorry I don't know who!) stated that the CW head would keep the show going as long as Jared and Jensen want to keep it going. I would think that should give them some degree of clout, right?

Jensen said pretty much the same thing again this weekend. I can't remember which panel, but it was when he said 'I don't have to do this, I get to do this'.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen said pretty much the same thing again this weekend. I can't remember which panel, but it was when he said 'I don't have to do this, I get to do this'.

Hmm..if they were ego driven ( they don't seem to be ) they could really throw their weight around but it seems like they don't. Although I do recall reading here ( not sure if it was this thread) that Jared, Jensen and Misha asked for rewrites after some of the scripts presented to them for the end of season 11. It makes me wonder what is objectionable enough to make them speak out against the writers/showrunners and if Mark as a regular had the same influence.

• Love 2

On a more sobering, but also encouraging note, Tim O just tweeted this. I ♥ him, and he is fighting like the badass he is to make a complete recovery. Love that he is fearless about sharing while doing so!

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Hmm..if they were ego driven ( they don't seem to be ) they could really throw their weight around but it seems like they don't. Although I do recall reading here ( not sure if it was this thread) that Jared, Jensen and Misha asked for rewrites after some of the scripts presented to them for the end of season 11. It makes me wonder what is objectionable enough to make them speak out against the writers/showrunners and if Mark as a regular had the same influence.

Jensen said it was all 4 who got on the phone with the writers about changes to Alpha and Omega, so Mark was a part of it.

Edited by CluelessDrifter
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Mark's off the list for Creation Orlando, but Ruthie is still there.  

It's January of 2018 and Mark said he wouldn't be doing any Creation cons after 2017. 

(edited)

Adam Fergus has been added to Chicago Supernatural con in place of Tim O. Adam seems like a genuinely nice guy, so I have to wonder if he knows *why* Tim can't make it. His tweet seems a little tone deaf... at least it's an odd thing to 'thank' someone for.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Adam Fergus has been added to Chicago Supernatural con in place of Tim O. Adam seems like a genuinely nice guy, so I have to wonder if he knows *why* Tim can't make it. His tweet seems a little tone deaf... at least it's an odd thing to 'thank' someone for.

Trying to give benefit of doubt, maybe Tim recommended Adam as his replacement and that's why he's thanking him?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Trying to give benefit of doubt, maybe Tim recommended Adam as his replacement and that's why he's thanking him?

I sincerely don't believe he meant it in any disrespectful way. I just legitimately wonder if he knows.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I sincerely don't believe he meant it in any disrespectful way. I just legitimately wonder if he knows.

It's possible he doesn't. And I don't think he meant it disrespectfully either.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

And this is an example of why I positively adore Misha Collins <3

Yes, Misha is a genuinely kind person, and he really puts himself out there with Random Acts and Gishwishes.  Spreading love and kindness...what a concept!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I agree.  He's my favorite.  I have just been so angry lately with everything going.

I need to make Misha my spirit animal.

Dean fans are furious. Cas fans are furious. Crowley fans are furious. Rowena and Eileen fans are furious. Only ones not ready to riot are Sam fans although some of them aren't real happy.  Way to go Dabb/Singer.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Dean fans are furious. Cas fans are furious. Crowley fans are furious. Rowena and Eileen fans are furious. Only ones not ready to riot are Sam fans although some of them aren't real happy.  Way to go Dabb/Singer.

No one's happy....lol.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

To be fair, this isn't usual. Seems like no faction is ever happy. It's been pretty much the norm since I've been watching the show.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

To be fair, this isn't usual. Seems like no faction is ever happy. It's been pretty much the norm since I've been watching the show.

I have only been here four years. I don't remember it ever being quite this bad with so many fans during that period but I could easily be wrong. I just see a difference between the previous being unhappy and the outright anger right now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Idahoforspn said:

I think Lucifer fans are about the only ones who are happy because they are like "YAY Lucifer!"

ugh.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Idahoforspn said:

I have only been here four years. I don't remember it ever being quite this bad with so many fans during that period but I could easily be wrong. I just see a difference between the previous being unhappy and the outright anger right now.

Full disclosure: I'm not particularly unhappy with the show right now. Could it be better? Sure. But it could also be a whole lot worse, and has been, IMO. TBH, I think S12 was a whole helluva lot better than both S9 and S10 and pretty on par with S8 and S11. If anything, I'd say I'm indifferent to Dabb's direction.

There's things I like:

• Less angst
  • Less co-dependency
  • Less melodrama
  • Less claustrophobic storytelling and more ensemble episodes. 

And there are things I think could be improved

• Pacing (which isn't new, the show has always struggled to balance the overall arcs of the season with the MotW episodes)
  • Shock value storytelling. (Again, not exactly new, but the finale did take it to new levels, time to knock that shit off, show!)
  • Creativity and fun. But after Carver sucking all the life out of the show, I think Dabb's reign has been a downright laugh-fest in comparison.

But, for as long as I can remember: Dean fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates both Dean and Jensen; Cass fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates Cass and Misha; Sam fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates Sam and Jared. Seems pretty typical to me.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Full disclosure: I'm not particularly unhappy with the show right now. Could it be better? Sure. But it could also be a whole lot worse, and has been, IMO. TBH, I think S12 was a whole helluva lot better than both S9 and S10 and pretty on par with S8 and S12. If anything, I'd say I'm indifferent to Dabb's direction.

There's things I like:

• Less angst
  • Less co-dependency
  • Less melodrama

• Pacing (which isn't new, the show has always struggled to balance the overall arcs of the season with the MotW episodes)
  • Shock value storytelling. (Again, not exactly new, but the finale did take it to new levels, time to knock that shit off, show!)
  • Creativity and fun. But after Carver sucking all the life out of the show, I think Dabb's reign has been a downright laugh-fest in comparison.

But, for as long as I can remember: Dean fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates both Dean and Jensen; Cass fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates Cass and Misha; Sam fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates Sam and Jared. Seems pretty typical to me.

But all three at the same time? I know there is always wank, and the hardcore fans of each individual character always have something to rage about, but it seems much more universal this season. Except for, and sorry, this is only my harsh opinion, the hardcore suckups on social media who tongue-bath the show execs and writers no matter what, I don't see many who are really happy with the show's current iteration. Mark P/Lucifer fans notwithstanding. I honestly haven't even felt that from J2M2 either. With very few exceptions, they didn't show much enthusiasm (live tweeting, etc) for individual episodes. Jensen in particular - he tweeted about the season premier, and the Shaving People/Punting things vids (and once at the end of filming the bunker shoot-out scene saying he loved his job) - but I can't recall a single episode related tweet all season.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Full disclosure: I'm not particularly unhappy with the show right now. Could it be better? Sure. But it could also be a whole lot worse, and has been, IMO. TBH, I think S12 was a whole helluva lot better than both S9 and S10 and pretty on par with S8 and S12. If anything, I'd say I'm indifferent to Dabb's direction.

There's things I like:

• Less angst
  • Less co-dependency
  • Less melodrama

Throw in the bi-bro and bronly fans who think the writers hate/don't care about Dean & Sam/Jensen & Jared because other characters not named Dean and Sam, are being featured more and there are more brother lite episodes than in the past,  to accommodate J2 needs/desires for a lightened workload.

• Love 2

I deeply apologize -  I appear to have started a small riot.

When I said what was going on was making me really angry - I was referring to the situation in Wayward Son's link about the need for Misha to comfort a couple  of young women who are Muslims, because they are too afraid to continue to wear their head scarves. 

But I want to make Misha my Spirit Animal as he fights the good fight with a healthy attitude.  I loved his statement about how the SPN family celebrates and welcomes diversity and it is a safe place. 

Which is true as we rock. 

Mind you - people are right to feel pissed off.  I am a very unhappy camper now that Mark Sheppard  is gone,

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Sam fans have always been unhappy and are certain the show hates Sam and Jared. Seems pretty typical to me.

Heh. Well to specify for me - who admittedly is more Sam-leaning than a Sam-fan - this didn't become an issue for me until the Carver years. I had a few nit picks, but was fine with the show up until season 8.

19 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

TBH, I think S12 was a whole helluva lot better than both S9 and S10 and pretty on par with S8 and S12. If anything, I'd say I'm indifferent to Dabb's direction.

I agree with this - except I'd switch season 10* with season 8. In other words season 12 was a whole lot better for me than season 8 and 9, and on par with season 10... which for me had some promise until it turned into same old Carver at the end. I actually liked season 11 quite a bit: I'm guessing likely because of Dabb's influence.

I also agree with your bullet points and that I'm also fairly indifferent to Dabb's direction, but for me that's better than Carver's direction to which I was not indifferent, but in a bad way (as in I knew I disliked a lot of it). So I guess I prefer indifference in that case.

* I am assuming your inclusion of season 10 here was due to demon Dean? If so, I can see that. Weirdly I enjoyed those episodes, since they ended fairly quickly, but I liked that Sam did try to save Sam this time (unlike the awful season 8 arc). My main gripe with season 10 was the predictable Sam starts an apocalypse ending, because of course he does.

• Love 4