Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Christmas Car-Roll

thewhiteowl

I skipped last week, and I'm not sure about this week's. The non-dream parts were about as silly as the dream parts, when they should've been, IMO, more realistic in contrast.

And then:

53 minutes ago, incandescent said:

that last minute with those godforsaken lingering glances

Oy. I'm guessing the purpose of the triangle (don't make me list all the reasons I hate triangles!) is to illustrate why Paige is Walter's twu wuv. Sigh.

• Love 2

It's annoying, because Tina Majorino is a gazillion percent more interesting as an actress than Mcphee (and McPhee is fine, it's just that Majorino is much better), so I'd just as soon see Walter with Florence. 

Imagine if Scorpion, out of every show in the world, managed to handle a guy falling out of love with his girlfriend while still maintaining a business relationship with her and remaining a mentor to her son. It's impossible for this particular show to ever pull that off, but can you imagine?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, incandescent said:

This episode was actually really cute and fun until that last minute with those godforsaken lingering glances. I don't need that in my life, show! No thank you, take it back.

I feel the same way.  The writers have been taking forward steps all year but taking this route will set them back at least for me. 

Does it seem like Ralph has been in fewer episodes this year?  I miss seeing his relationship continuing to develop with the different members of the team.

• Love 1

Why are they worried about the bail bond, don't they get the money back since Cabe showed up to his court appearance? Bold choice for a Christmas episode, I don't see people gathering the family together every year to watch Walter bleed out on the floor so he can to eventually learn the true meaning of Christmas. I saw the fall coming from the sloppily packed cables but figured there would be Christmas Ghosts. I thought they brought in Florence to pair up with Sylvester, they don't really need this triangle arc.

• Love 3

Nitpick of the week:  How can you drop 1/1000 of a frame?  Either you have the frame, or you don't.

(Unless, I suppose, they meant 1/1000 of the pixels in the frame, but then you would never say it that way...)

They'd better not mess with the "chemistry" as it were, of this show.  I really like the new actress; they should have her and Sly hook up or something. Leave Walter and Paige alone!  They only recently finally got together!!!!!!! 

Maybe she can be his long-lost sister or something....*harrumph*....

Elyes%20Gabel.jpg

0442c968259269a2f617258e9e8a73d7--scorpion-tv-series-katharine-mcphee.jpg

4b65fe038c9bcea4049f8418fa45abf8.jpg

1280_Katherine_McPhee_Elyes_Gabel_GettyImages-453838150_4302028_ver1.0.jpg

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's funny, McPhee had JUST recently given an interview about whether it was weird to make out with her ex-boyfriend on the series. So maybe they want to make things less awkward for her? :)

I guess it would be awkward, but it's their job- to act. LOL   I like the character of Florence, but to the viewing audience it just seems like it'd be a quick break-up.  They could always work the script that Walter and Paige realize that their relationship isn't good, for the sake of Scorpion, so they break up.  Eh, who knows. lol

10 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's funny, McPhee had JUST recently given an interview about whether it was weird to make out with her ex-boyfriend on the series. So maybe they want to make things less awkward for her? :)

Nobody really needs to see them make out, it is unprofessional in a work environment and nobody needs to see their home life, A quick mention about what they might be doing together after work and a couple of affectionate words and glances should be enough.

• Love 1

I'd rather see Florence as the occasional guest spot, instead of a regular, and absolutely not as a romantic foil.  She's a good half-way in between the over the top geeks of Scorpion and McPhee - she's smart, but socially normal.  Personally, I'd be happy if they got rid of McPhee and replaced her (in all but the romantic role) with Florence. 

I find this plot development super frustrating because on the one hand, I am very much a fan of Tina Majorino, and frankly, she's 68x the actor McPhee is or will ever be. So I'd much rather watch her. BUT this damn show spent its entire existence building up that damnWalter/Paige relationship and JUST got them together, and I mean, I get it. It's a network television show. You get the characters together only to immediately throw a love triangle in. That's how it works. Always. 

And it's always damn uninteresting.

And they spent all this time building the Ralph and Walter relationship. Not that it'd need to end if Walter and Paige broke up, but I feel like the kid-Ralph (not the genius Ralph, because sure he knows lots of maths but he's still emotionally a child) wants that coupling. So I don't want them to break it up, or at least not this damn fast, because of Ralph and only Ralph. I feel like they've been teasing that family unit at him since the show started. 

So, I hate this development on those grounds.

• Love 3

Ugh, does Tina's character have to be for Walter? What about Sly? They finally got together and no more stupid triangle after Scott Porter left, and now we are getting forced into another stupid triangle. Where did the longing looks come from suddenly? Stupid show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I find this plot development super frustrating because on the one hand, I am very much a fan of Tina Majorino, and frankly, she's 68x the actor McPhee is or will ever be. So I'd much rather watch her. BUT this damn show spent its entire existence building up that damnWalter/Paige relationship and JUST got them together, and I mean, I get it. It's a network television show. You get the characters together only to immediately throw a love triangle in. That's how it works. Always. 

And they spent all this time building the Ralph and Walter relationship. Not that it'd need to end if Walter and Paige broke up, but I feel like the kid-Ralph (not the genius Ralph, because sure he knows lots of maths but he's still emotionally a child) wants that coupling. So I don't want them to break it up, or at least not this damn fast, because of Ralph and only Ralph. I feel like they've been teasing that family unit at him since the show started. 

Yeah, I'm right there with you. If they had introduced Florence earlier, it could have worked, but now it is just a ridiculous plot twist, even with Majorino being so freaking good (I would argue she is closer to my gazillion times better than your 68 times better ; ) ). 

We don’t see Happy and Toby make out,  so we don’t need to see Paige and Walter make out.  This episode was not holding my interest since it took 50 minutes for a 10 minute ambulance wait.  

Other than Patty, the rest of the characters seemed much better off in the dream world. With the possible exception of Gabe?  

Ray, please leave. 

On 12/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, twoods said:

Ugh, does Tina's character have to be for Walter? What about Sly? They finally got together and no more stupid triangle after Scott Porter left, and now we are getting forced into another stupid triangle. Where did the longing looks come from suddenly? Stupid show.

I wish they'd put her with Sly too.  At first I thought that's where it was going.  It would have been a great story starting with him noticing her a little more to admitting some attraction but also some guilt over moving on from Meghan and even how Walter might react to that.  So many possibilities with that story line.........why instead waste time with a love triangle?

• Love 2
On 12/19/2017 at 2:38 AM, Brian Cronin said:

It's annoying, because Tina Majorino is a gazillion percent more interesting as an actress than Mcphee (and McPhee is fine, it's just that Majorino is much better), so I'd just as soon see Walter with Florence. 

Imagine if Scorpion, out of every show in the world, managed to handle a guy falling out of love with his girlfriend while still maintaining a business relationship with her and remaining a mentor to her son. It's impossible for this particular show to ever pull that off, but can you imagine?

On 12/20/2017 at 8:35 PM, theatremouse said:

On 12/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, twoods said:

Hey look, everything I was going to type, I can just quote.

Why do characters in shows like this take dreams as things that could happen/are feelings they have? Walter incorporated Florence that way because Florence found him, he incorporated her in the dream somehow.

They haven't even hinted at Walter having any kind of feelings for her before. Maybe it will happen for half of an episode before Sly asks Florence out and Walter loses interest.

Or Walter wants Florence more, starts arguing with Sylvester, drives him out of Scorpion for a bit (Ooh, look, a season finale idea!), then blows up all of their relationships.

Can we have more episodes where the end of the world/destruction of the city isn't the consequence if they fail?

And maybe something where they fail?

On 12/19/2017 at 9:54 AM, AnimeMania said:

Why are they worried about the bail bond, don't they get the money back since Cabe showed up to his court appearance?

I've been yelling that to my TV since it became a plot point.  They get the money back if he shows up, whether he wins or loses the case.  And of course he is going to show up unless he's kidnapped by aliens or something.