Type keyword(s) to search

Floribama Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I probably will watch again if it comes back. I pray Courtney is getting the help she needs for whatever her issues are, but dang girl also needs to work on her hygiene. I did not miss her. I actually liked Nilsa this season and I am glad she refused Gus. Why even bother giving them a "job" that each did what 2 shifts ? 

• Love 5

I'm pretty new to this show.  I'm old so I avoid MTV shows b/c I just can't relate anymore.  But damn it I love this show.  I feel like Jeremiah is basically winking to the camera most of the time.  And it makes me giggle.  

This Mattie chick is fucking crazy.  Her voice is irritating.

• Love 1
(edited)

Two bits of news... 

1) Kirk was arrested for drunk and disorderly, and pulled a "Don't you know who I am?" You're the least popular member of a d-list reality show, dude. Come on. 

2) A couple of weeks ago, Gus adopted an adorable dog, a blue pitbull he named Rambo. He just posted on Instagram ~Friday ish, he and Rambo were road tripping to meet Codi for holiday weekend boat drinking. Today, he's got an Instagram story up that Rambo died. 😞 Does anyone know what happened?? 

Eta this, just posted to Instagram. What a nightmare!! Poor Rambo and poor Gus. 

"He had breathing problems already and separation anxiety anytime I would leave him. Put him on his leash on the porch at Codi's. Think he freaked out not knowing where he was and strangled himself on his leash when I left for 2-3 hours. Would do anything to go back and I can't stop beating myself up. I'll always love you baby Rambo I'm so sorry."

Edited by IndyMischa
Found the answer. :/

Gus should be beating himself up. Jesus, the guy can't afford a crate? Leaving any dog tied up like that for hours is completely irresponsible, nevermind a puppy with breathing issues that he's only had for a few weeks. What an irresponsible moron. I hope he's never approved for another adoption.

• Love 5

I don't like animals at all but just like children, I don't think just anyone should be allowed to raise/adopt. They didn't ask to be here and deserve people capable of taking care of them.

The new episode starts tonight.  They are in Montana for this season.

ETA: Forgot to mention that Nilsa is pregnant (they show her telling the group in the promos).  

Edited by Peper81
44 minutes ago, Peper81 said:

The new episode starts tonight.  They are in Montana for this season.

ETA: Forgot to mention that Nilsa is pregnant (they show her telling the group in the promos).  

I thought it wasn't until the 25th? My dvr doesn't show any "upcoming" episodes - I think that only goes out a couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I thought it wasn't until the 25th? My dvr doesn't show any "upcoming" episodes - I think that only goes out a couple of weeks. 

You are right.  For some reason, I thought I saw that it said today but I guess it must be some other trash tv I watch that comes on tonight, lol.

• LOL 3

This is what I don't understand. They all treat Jeremiah like they don't want him around and side with Gus and then he doesn't come around and they act all put out. They all basically been picking Gus' side for 2 years and then don't let Jeremiah stay with them and he's the bad guy and they are all pissed at him? 

These mfs excluded him and took sides, when if they wanted to be friends and were his friend, they wouldn't have picked sides with Gus and not excluded him. I don't understand why they can't put themselves in his shoes and if it were them, they would feel the same.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 2/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, IndyMischa said:

I think that if there were a legitimate reason for Jeremiah and his brothers to pull what they did to Gus, he would have aired it. And in the absence of that, I 100% understand why they're all Team Gus. Ymmv. 

Yes, ITA.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:00 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Where’s dirty Kortni?

I can’t see Nilsa having a good time this season. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dirty Kortni, lol! I didn't even notice anyone was missing until about an hour after it was over. Then I was suddenly like, "Wait, where was Kortni?"

Nilsa is going to be boring 😞 She really grew on me last season.  I think Gus is right; she and Gus 2.0 are moving too fast. 

Gus is so hot, but what's with the scar on his face? It looks like he got into a bar fight and got scraped with a pointy edge of a broken bottle or something.  He's definitely strutting around without a shirt for the camera attention, but I can't say that I blame him, or that I mind. 😉 

I can't see this season being very good with no bar fights, drunken cab rides, or random hook-ups. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Zima said:

Gus is so hot, but what's with the scar on his face? It looks like he got into a bar fight and got scraped with a pointy edge of a broken bottle or something.

According to his Instagram, that's exactly what it is. Shortly before filming started, four guys approached him in a bar in his home town, called him a f****t, and told him he wasn't welcome there. Fisticuffs ensued.

He's definitely strutting around without a shirt for the camera attention, but I can't say that I blame him, or that I mind. 😉 

One million percent, bless his heart.

I can't see this season being very good with no bar fights, drunken cab rides, or random hook-ups. 

I don't know where they found her - maybe they ARE taking drunken cab rides into town? Montana isn't super cray with the lockdown rules. - but there's at least one hook up. I saw her in the season preview. 

(For some reason, I couldn't get the separate quote boxes to work. #techfail)

• Useful 1
On 2/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, IndyMischa said:

I think that if there were a legitimate reason for Jeremiah and his brothers to pull what they did to Gus, he would have aired it. And in the absence of that, I 100% understand why they're all Team Gus. Ymmv. 

They booted Gus after he turned on Jeremiah last season, it aired on the show. Gus flipped out because Jeremiah tried to play peacemaker with the dude Nilsa brought home. Apparently, that was enough reason for Gus to end their friendship and treat him like a pariah for the rest of the season. Why would Gus even think he'd still be living with Jeremiah & his brothers after that?  

Gus has fought with both Codi & Jeremiah, is Kirk next?  Dude's a hot head with huge ass ego yet continually plays the victim too. Ugh no, Anybody but him. 

Kortni's struggling with mental health issues, so it's best she stay away.  I am surprised that they didn't bring back Mattie.

• Love 4

As good as Gus looks, its too much with the standing around with no shirt on.  It is painfully obvious that he is looking for attention and has a HUGE ego about his smoking bod.  Too bad he is a total tool.  

I too don't get why the roomies sided with Gus.  He over reacted first.  Jerimiah did too but Gus started it.  So why not call him out on it too.  Jerimiah lost me when he gave Mattie the cold shoulder for no other reason than he was insecure about himself and took it out on her.  Who, at the time was the ONLY person in house that had his back.  He's an idiot yes, but Gus is a total idiot tool.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2021 at 8:24 AM, snarts said:

Question: is Gus really that emotional OR does he just want the cameras on him all the time?

I'm sure he's not sad about the camera time per se, but I think he really is that emotional. 

• Love 1

I still don't understand why all the roomies have Gus's back. The initial fight was started by Gus because he was jealous Nelsa had a guy at house, even though he had a girl with him, and the guy with Nelsa was being a tool.  Jerimiah wasn't disagreeing with Gus he just was trying to defuse the situation.  Drinking can do that.  Just surprised after watching it back one of them didn't realize this? 

And do the roomies know that Gus is throwing them under the bus about none of them wanting him to be happy in a relationship but they do with Nelsa?  He is so pretty to look at but he is very troubled and insecure.

• Love 2
(edited)

Is this the poor me, me, me, me Gus show.  Can this dude just stfu already! It was a damn year ago, why bring it up now? Then the whole Jeremiah thing, which still is fucked up because he was just trying to get the other dude to calm down and the roomies had plenty of time to watch it and still they baby Gus and think Jeremiah is the devil. Gus always wants a damn apology when he needs to start giving them too.

Edited by toodywoody
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Again it's the Gus show and how everyone is against him.  I am glad someone, Amy, is finally seeing Jeremiah isn't the problem. Don't get me wrong Jeremiah has his issues but on a whole I think he is more tolerable than Gus and his weepy drunk ass crying about...well everything!  And it was Jeremiah who sort of started the shit during the game when he was the only one that would not take the title as Entitled One.  He should have just laughed and moved on.  It did seem as thought he was drunk so who knows.  Gus on the other hand is just looking for a fight with just about anyone about anything.  

And when is Kirk going to get tired of dealing with drunk Gus every single time Gus is "hurt"? Which is pretty much all the time. And Gus....please put a shirt on.  It has to be COLD.

• Love 2

My goodness. Stfu Gus. He is always running his mouth.  You are hurt still? Get over it and if he really loved Lisa he wouldn't have been out there doing what he was doing. And that's his relationship, he is the one that let shit happen, sure Nilsa did whatever,  but if he had this great love for Lisa, Nilsa or anyone else would not have come between them.

As far as Jeremiah walking away from shit, seems like someone has matured and doesn't want to be in the shit. And Gus always wants to be in the shit. The roomies need to get sick of walking on eggshells around poor pitiful Gus. 

I love that the girls are turning on Gus. While Kirk and Codi look stupid siding with the Hulk.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 5

How does lettin’ God’s plan happen not = trying to get pregnant?  Nilsa’s been pregnant before, so there was no reason to assume she was infertile. Biology happens, and God has little to do with it. 

Aimee slumped on the floor drunkenly saying how much she loves Jesus, apropos of nothing, had me cackling. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Jeremiah is so punchable, though. Happy to shit talk everyone else, but petulant and incredulous when a criticism comes his way. 

Only a supremely entitled person would feel entitled to an explanation of why they're entitled during a drinking game. 

Edited by Drogo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dammit, I loved Gus so much in the first couple of seasons. He was so sweet, sensitive, and endearing. Now, he's just off the rails, and I think he needs mental help.  Jeremiah didn't come off much better this ep imo though. I have a friend who behaves the way he did in this ep; he cannot take any criticism whatsoever, and gets completely butthurt for hours over any perceived slight against him.  It's obnoxious, but these unstable people sure make for an entertaining hot mess when they're on television. 

1 hour ago, Zima said:

He was so sweet, sensitive, and endearing. Now, he's just off the rails, and I think he needs mental help. 

Sweet sensitive and endearing are the perfect recipe for a guy who will go off the rails when his feels are really hurting.  I've known more mature/sensible/worldly men than Gus who went from normal to total shitshow (at least temporarily) when their "one that got away" was suddenly engaged/married/expecting, especially if they felt a reunion was coming soon. 

For me what always brings me to Gus' side is the affection almost all of the roommates have for him (as long as it doesn't require anyone to side with him over one of the housemates, Punchable Jeremiah excluded.)

• Love 1

It was interesting watching Gus this episode.  After the blow up where he claims his self righteous indignation his roomies are starting to see Gus for what he is.  On over emotional dick.  We see Gus sitting in is room listening to his roomies expressing sympathy for his arch rival,  Jerimiah and that is not sitting well with him.  As day wears on he keeps up the anti Jerimiah narrative and its falling on somewhat deaf ears.  Its not so much that the roomies are team Jerimiah as they are just tired of hearing Gus whine about it.  So what does he do?  Runs away like a 5 year old.  Next week they will find him and tell him how much they love him blah blah blah.  Just what he wants.  Ugh. 

• Love 4

Gus thinks he shouldn’t be called out on something he did wrong yet he resents being called entitled? Hypocritical ass. He has no right to call anyone else fake since he himself is a fake drama queen who is always “on” for the cameras.

That was a snowstorm? It barely covered the ground. I’m not sure why they bothered to film a season of them not going out to bars.

• Love 4

My armchair diagnosis of Gus is that he suffers from "prettiest girl at the prom" syndrome.  Yes, it afflicts men as well.  He just has to be the center of attention and everyone's favorite person. The moment he feels the least bit slighted or ignored, he acts out.  Happy to see the other roommates (especially asslickers Codi & Kirk) finally see the light. 

Is it bad that I wished they would've ignored his tantrum and not run out looking for him?

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, snarts said:

Is it bad that I wished they would've ignored his tantrum and not run out looking for him?

No, because I totally agree!  He’s not a dog that jumped out of a car on a cross-country trip and will be unable to find his way to shelter or home.  The previews of them hysterically navigating the mean streets of Missoula, Maine/Massachusetts/Missouri in search of their underclad runaway castmate were just sad.  If they truly believe his life was in jeopardy due to his decision to run away in a “blizzard,” then clearly he does not have the mental capacity to sign a contract for any of the shows he does or the physical wherewithal to be on The Challenge where just getting breakfast is more physically taxing than jogging down a residential street in less than an inch of snow.

Edited by Nilo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Nope.  I am on the same bus.  Last episode actually showcased him getting his butt ass feelings hurt as the roomies apologized to Jerimiah and didn't take his side.  Actually, its because of Gus, the roomies are warming to Jerimiah.  He only has himself to blame.

• Love 4
On 3/16/2021 at 12:52 PM, Drogo said:

Sweet sensitive and endearing are the perfect recipe for a guy who will go off the rails when his feels are really hurting.  I've known more mature/sensible/worldly men than Gus who went from normal to total shitshow (at least temporarily) when their "one that got away" was suddenly engaged/married/expecting, especially if they felt a reunion was coming soon. 

For me what always brings me to Gus' side is the affection almost all of the roommates have for him (as long as it doesn't require anyone to side with him over one of the housemates, Punchable Jeremiah excluded.)

I just can’t see Nilsa as Gus’s one that got away. I think he loved that Nilsa still had feelings for him, and he was anticipating flirting with her, making her seem deluded when she gets the impression they could be a couple, and hook up if he doesn’t find another convenient female. As they’re isolated this season, Nilsa was his only available female.  Nilsa has clearly matured and moved on.  He’s adjusting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2021 at 11:16 AM, dangwoodchucks said:

Gus thinks he shouldn’t be called out on something he did wrong yet he resents being called entitled? Hypocritical ass. He has no right to call anyone else fake since he himself is a fake drama queen who is always “on” for the cameras.

That was a snowstorm? It barely covered the ground. I’m not sure why they bothered to film a season of them not going out to bars.

I have a feeling that no one other than Jeremiah even knows what entitled means.  I think Gus interprets it as having an easy life, which Gus has not had.  From what we know, Jeremiah was raised in a loving home with two parents and brothers, nurtured and homeschooled by his mother. Jeremiah is still close with his family, and I think Gus is incredibly jealous of that history.   

As for running after Gus, I’m sure the producers would get him, but the housemates would look a little uncaring by just hand waving it and going back to drinking. Plus, there’s still affection there. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I just can’t see Nilsa as Gus’s one that got away. I think he loved that Nilsa still had feelings for him, and he was anticipating flirting with her, making her seem deluded when she gets the impression they could be a couple, and hook up if he doesn’t find another convenient female. As they’re isolated this season, Nilsa was his only available female.  Nilsa has clearly matured and moved on.  He’s adjusting. 

I agree - never saw much chemistry there and she definitely seemed more into him than vice versa. I think he misses the attention she gave him and possible hookup opportunities. 

• Love 5

I wish they would treat him like you do a two year old. Ignore him. He was all ass hurt that the guys weren't siding with him over taking someone else's stuff. Number 1  it wasn't his and he should have asked to use it. Number 2, just because something is there, does not mean you can just use it and leave it on the floor in your gross ass bathroom.  Number 3  that hairdryer probably cost a little bit of dough with the special setting. Number 4, there was no reason to act the way he did. Number 5, stop with the whining and bitching, your roommates are sick of your shit. Number 6, let it go and quit talking shut about Jeremiah.  Number 7, what exactly is the timeframe on all of this. First he said he was pissed off about something that happened a year ago and in this episode he said it happened 3 years ago. 

If someone is still pissed and hurt over shut from 3 years ago, that is on them for not moving on over it. Other people do not know what you are feeling because they aren't in your head and as far as they know it wasn't a big deal or that you're over it. So if he is still upset over shit from 3 years ago, that's on him. Same thing with the Nilsa shit. She thought he was over it and he wasn't. 

Gus just needs to stfu and quit blaming the way he acts or does on other people. He is old enough, that no matter what you went through as a kid, it is time to start owning up to your shit. 

And in the previews I see Jeremiah out looking for him and you know damn well if the roles had been reversed, that he would not have been out there looking for Jeremiah.  

And as far as Gus going around talking shit about Jeremiah and him hitting his brother a month before,  how in the hell would he know that if no one had contact with Jeremiah before the trip? And how would he have known of all people, when they weren't talking or had seen each other since they packed his shit when he got back from the shore. How would that little bitch know what happened between him and anyone? He just keeps running his mouth and meanwhile Jeremiah just doesn't say shit about him. So who is the punk? 

• Love 5

I wish they would treat him like you do a two year old. Ignore him. He was all ass hurt that the guys weren't siding with him over taking someone else's stuff. Number 1  it wasn't his and he should have asked to use it. Number 2, just because something is there, does not mean you can just use it and leave it on the floor in your gross ass bathroom.  Number 3  that hairdryer probably cost a little bit of dough with the special setting. Number 4, there was no reason to act the way he did. Number 5, stop with the whining and bitching, your roommates are sick of your shit. Number 6, let it go and quit talking shut about Jeremiah.  Number 7, what exactly is the timeframe on all of this. First he said he was pissed off about something that happened a year ago and in this episode he said it happened 3 years ago. 

I believe this is a good example of entitlement.  He took something not his, used it and when found out he acts like it's no big deal and to question him is making you a bitch.  Entitlement at it's finest.

• Love 5

Damn, the previews for next week seem like he is at it again. 

It was actually nice seeing all the roomies just have fun and do stupid shit without it being all about Gus. 

It wasn't cool that Gus' sister said what she said to Candace. That's just wrong. Gus needs to be held accountable for all his shit and I don't blame Jeremiah for not letting his guard down. 

• Love 7

Yes it was fun watching them have fun without the Gus drama.  Gus's sister is a bitch.  Why would she go after Candance?  The fight about the dryer was what started Gus off but it was the fact that his two homeboys didn't support his indignation over Candance actually being mad about Gus taking her hairdryer that made him runaway.  Then Codi felt bad they left the bathroom and didn't support Gus.  Huh?  They left because they knew Gus was wrong and they didn't want any part of it.  Gus needs some serious help.  So does his sister.

• Love 5
On 3/24/2021 at 10:37 PM, toodywoody said:

And as far as Gus going around talking shit about Jeremiah and him hitting his brother a month before,  how in the hell would he know that if no one had contact with Jeremiah before the trip? And how would he have known of all people, when they weren't talking or had seen each other since they packed his shit when he got back from the shore. How would that little bitch know what happened between him and anyone? He just keeps running his mouth and meanwhile Jeremiah just doesn't say shit about him. So who is the punk? 

Gus said he still speaks to Jeremiah's brother (the punch recipient.)

Gus is off his rocker but Jeremiah is a little shithead.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Gus is off his rocker but Jeremiah is a little shithead.

Jeremiah may not be everyone's cup of tea but he behaves like an adult and isn't a toxic presence.  Just look at the vibe in the house without Gus.  Speaking of, what fleabag motel are they quarantining him in??

Gus sucks all the life out of the house with his narcissism. Yep, just look at the definition of Narcissistic personality disorder: an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement.  He needs therapy, not alcohol & cameras.

Someone on twitter mentioned how Gus' behavior parallels Mike The Situation from Jersey Shore and it's very true.  The little bit of success & notoriety from this show has empowered Gus to act like an even bigger asshole.  I'm not looking forward to him returning to the house, even if I will enjoy watching him burn his last bridge by turning on Kirk. 

• Love 3
On 3/26/2021 at 12:11 PM, snarts said:

Someone on twitter mentioned how Gus' behavior parallels Mike The Situation from Jersey Shore and it's very true.  The little bit of success & notoriety from this show has empowered Gus to act like an even bigger asshole.  I'm not looking forward to him returning to the house, even if I will enjoy watching him burn his last bridge by turning on Kirk. 

Now that you say that, it is true.  He is acting like Mike.  I've very much felt like something deeper and darker is going on with Gus this season.  He's always been a bit of a pain but it's on another level this season.  I can't decide if its drugs, mental health or maybe both.  He wasn't like this on The Challenge or last season.  It's hard to watch because I really do believe something is different.

I think the whole issue with Nilsa and his ex is that Nilsa's apology wasn't on tv and that was a huge thorn in his butt.  He wanted a public flagging of her and he wasn't going to let it go until he got it.  I wholeheartedly believe Nilsa and her repeated attempts to tell him she thought she had apologized and that everything was settled.  I fully believe she did apologize and he accepted it but now he wants his public apology.  He's done nothing but brewed over his "hurts" and he wants his pound of flesh.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

First thoughts after the first 2 eps:

Nilsa’s lips look ridiculous. I was very sad to hear about her dad...I lost mine when I was young too. But she couldn’t even express an emotion bc of the insane amount of Botox and fillers in her face. Sad bc she’s a young, attractive woman who’s basically already “Kardashianed” herself into plastic already. Gus 2.0 seems ok and normal. So am happy for her pregnancy. 

Gus is such an annoying, whiny little asshole. He sucks the energy right out of the room. That and his running around with no shirt makes him look like a thirsty fucking dork.

Aimee is still as dumb as a box of hair.

Kurt is still reality TV dead air. His ‘girlfriend’ is probably the only interesting thing and that’s bc I’m almost 90% sure she’s a paid friend (or a beard). She doesn’t look like the type to shy away from reality TV. JMO

Codi is still the same low rent, dad bod James Corden Jr that’s he’s always been. Seems harmless enough but I’m sure he’ll annoy the f out of all of us soon.

Jeremiah seems to be the least offensive at this point and I would hope he disengages from this band o’losers soon.

That is all for now 😀

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Forgot Candace because she’s too normal
  • Love 2

Gus couldn't even make it 24 hours before back tracking to whiny Gus about Jeremiah.  His explanation of what was going on with him sounded great.  I almost teared up........until I reminded myself that we have seen this time and time again from Gus.  Even Kurt is skeptical that Gus will follow through with his tearful self-awareness.  HA! 

And as far as Nilsa and Jeremiah not reacting or validating the "new" Gus, well, they had a whole 3 minute to digest his apology while Gus had 3 days to practice....er I mean soul search his heart.  Kurt nor Codi have been on the wrong end of Gus's "butt hurt feeling" like Nilsa and Jeremiah so don't judge.  Jeremiah knew it was most likely BS and to his and Nilsa credit they said nothing.  

The look on Kurt's face when Gus started down the path of Jeremiah is fake said it all.  And shut the fuck up Gus.  Not everything is about you.  If you hadn't slept in you would have know Nilsa was sad about her dad and Jeremiah was just being a friend.  Gus saw it and immediately assumed it was all about him.  He hasn't changed a bit.

• Love 5

Gus really needs to stop being obssessed with everything that Nilsa and Jeremiah do. So since they were taking a walk together that really chapped his asshole. 

And if either of them would have said anything he would have blown up again. So they both have chosen to not say much around him so that they won't be the brunt of his bs. They are watching their own backs and laying low.

I just find it incredibly annoying that Kirk and Codi need to stop making excuses for him. It is time to man up and shut up. So what if someone is fake, let them find out for themselves and go enjoy your vacation instead of being pissed about everything and blaming everyone for your own shit you've done. 

Sure Jeremian and Nilsa have done shit wrong but is everyone just suppose to hold that against them forever? No only Gus does. He seriously needs to stfu and get over it already. Ok you got hurt about the not packing up your own shit, there are seriously worse things they could have done. And did his ass think that after the way he treated Jeremiah and got into with another brother that he was going to still be welcome in their house? And then the little bitch is all crying that he had nowhere to go, seriously Codi and Kirk would have taken his ass in, so I call bs on that.

• Love 5

Just finished with the two eps.

Candace's friend was fun, and a breath of fresh air.

Gus is being a fucking asshole, but I don't think this season would be as entertaining without having someone to hate-watch. 😜 

• Love 1

Amy’s cousin is a blowsy mess. I don’t find her the slightest bit attractive. And I think the men handled the bull ball prank pretty well. I would have NOT been amused in the slightest. Don’t f**k with my food. 

ETA: it’s also striking to see how cute Nilsa was in the flashbacks. She’s so plastic looking now.

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
  • Love 2