Type keyword(s) to search

Take Two - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Sure, it was probably tacky and gross to some of us, but to others, I'm sure they don't think about who they're kissing in front of. Melissa is a thief, her morals are already suspect. I'm sure if Sam really wanted the doctor, she would have been in the car.

Well of course others sees it differently. I said, I thought it was kinda tacky and gross. Not that anyone else had to agree with me. 

@KaveDweller.  Sorry, didn't mean to come off as an ass or judgmental, please accept my apologies.  There are scenes in this series that can be considered questionable, obviously. I was thinking about Berto's call with Eddie about Troy.  Berto gave a very detailed summary of Troy's current status and even texted a picture of Troy to Eddie for his inspection.  I cannot think of any show that has a guy texting a photo to his boss/friend of his competition in the romance field.  Who texts photos of a guy to another guy to say this is what the competition looks like?  The writer who thought this up must have thought it was a fairly common action. I don't even think women would text a photo of the competition to their friend/co-worker to indicate what they're up against.  Sorry, I'm old-school, is this a new practice;  like "Throuples"?

On 9/10/2018 at 9:43 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Melissa propositioned THEM for a "group hug", I wouldn't worry how it made her feel. Troy is a cancer–curing Olympic athlete/doctor who was probably on The Bachelor as a contestant.  I'm sure he'll get over a girl that he had just met, kissing a guy she likes. Sure, it was probably tacky and gross to some of us, but to others, I'm sure they don't think about who they're kissing in front of. Melissa is a thief, her morals are already suspect. I'm sure if Sam really wanted the doctor, she would have been in the car.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that it doesn't matter if Troy's and/or Melissa's feelings were hurt because Troy can get another girl easily and Melissa isn't worth consideration because she's a thief.

I agree that Melissa's affections probably weren't that engaged given her behaviour earlier in the episode but no one likes to be publicly humiliated, especially after getting all dressed up to go on a date with the guy currently kissing another woman in public.  Troy on the other hand gave Sam a huge floral arrangement after their first date, which was very nice of him and showed that yes, he's into her..  Even if she prefers Eddie, she should have gone up to Troy, told him she didn't want to date him, and wait until he left before giving Eddie a lip lock.

I guess I'm supposed to think that Eddie and Sam are just so taken with each other that they couldn't help themselves there but all I feel is that they are both so lacking in class that they deserve each other.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If I understand correctly, you're saying that it doesn't matter if Troy's and/or Melissa's feelings were hurt because Troy can get another girl easily and Melissa isn't worth consideration because she's a thief.

I agree that Melissa's affections probably weren't that engaged given her behaviour earlier in the episode but no one likes to be publicly humiliated, especially after getting all dressed up to go on a date with the guy currently kissing another woman in public.  Troy on the other hand gave Sam a huge floral arrangement after their first date, which was very nice of him and showed that yes, he's into her..  Even if she prefers Eddie, she should have gone up to Troy, told him she didn't want to date him, and wait until he left before giving Eddie a lip lock.

I guess I'm supposed to think that Eddie and Sam are just so taken with each other that they couldn't help themselves there but all I feel is that they are both so lacking in class that they deserve each other.

LOL, when you put it that way, I sound like a douche.  I didn't say Melissa isn't worthy, I said, she's a thief, her morals are already suspect.  Would you agree with my claims to some immorality?  And yes, in reality, Troy can get another girl easily.  He proved that.  I'm obviously in the minority here, but I think in the scheme of things, when you've clicked with a girl and you're both caught up in the moment, I just don't think many people would stop and think, let me pause this and go back to my respective date and explain to them that what they are clearly seeing with their own eyes, is indeed what they are seeing.  Seems like the waste of a moment.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

@KaveDweller.  Sorry, didn't mean to come off as an ass or judgmental, please accept my apologies.  There are scenes in this series that can be considered questionable, obviously. I was thinking about Berto's call with Eddie about Troy.  Berto gave a very detailed summary of Troy's current status and even texted a picture of Troy to Eddie for his inspection.  I cannot think of any show that has a guy texting a photo to his boss/friend of his competition in the romance field.  Who texts photos of a guy to another guy to say this is what the competition looks like?  The writer who thought this up must have thought it was a fairly common action. I don't even think women would text a photo of the competition to their friend/co-worker to indicate what they're up against.  Sorry, I'm old-school, is this a new practice;  like "Throuples"?

Now that you mention it, the photo thing was pretty sketchy.  TV shows have a tendency to make jealously stalking your competition romantic. Like it is sweet he cares enough to check out Sam's date.

You would think Eddie could Google the guy himself though. 

“One to the Heart” – Still wrestling with the emotional reverberations of sleeping together, Sam and Eddie take a case involving a serial con man who victimizes wealthy women. In order to recover their client’s money and jewelry without scaring off their suspect, the pair hatch a plan to con the con man using Sam as bait. But their plan goes awry when they discover they’re not the only ones after the con man and they may be stepping into a trap themselves. As events unfold, Sam’s future and Eddie’s past collide to test their professional and personal relationship that could change everything, on “Take Two,” THURSDAY, SEPT. 13 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

• Love 1

Yes, that's the season finale.  No word yet whether it's been renewed for season two.

2 hours ago, Trey said:

Also, how long have Sam and Eddie been working together that they put Deacon in prison and he's out already?

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. If we're following the show in real time, Deacon wouldn't have even gone to trial yet. They needed to give us an explanation for why he's already out.  It's sloppy.

Logically I understand why they put in the scene of Sam trying to convince Eddie not to go after the guy but it was too soon in terms of their new relationship. Maybe that's the problem with having only 13 episodes to tell your whole story but if you have only 13, the heavy emotional beats between them should have come sooner to justify the feelings for this scene.

The gym scene between Eddie and Chris was why I thought they would be a more equal relationship although I know the show decided the Eddie/Sam was it.

I liked Monica in this episode, maybe because she wasn't doing the fake psychology stuff that make y teeth hurt

7 hours ago, lora said:

Of course if there is a season 2, Sam will not take the lead role in that move to clear Eddie's name.

Of course.  But I wish they wouldn't. Because it is obvious.  Everything about the Eddie/Sam relationship was paint-by-numbers and I know Marlowe is capable of better than that. It would be an interesting twist to have Sam get him out and get the lead role she wants (there is enough time between getting cast and the start of shooting to do it).  It would give them an extra playing field and they would have to write around her acting.  Problems ---> increased creativity.

When I heard that Andrew Marlowe and his wife were doing another TV series, I was excited because I liked the early seasons of Castle so much  But too much of this show was hackneyed and mediocre writing and I didn't feel that there was enough chemistry between the leads to make up for it.  I kept watching because there is so little on during the summer but we ended up  snarking more than falling under its spell.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

You know what? I’m on board for a second season. Is it formulaic and kind of dumb? Yeah. Does it have the same light step as early Castle? No. Do the leads have tremendous chemistry? No. But it’s all good enough for a summer show when I don’t have anything else to watch. Nobody actively annoys me. And it’s nice to have a procedural for once where not every caes is a murder.

9 hours ago, lora said:

I don't think the show will be cancelled, or at least I hope not. Not with this cliffhanger.

Also, IMO it was entertaining enough for a Summer show.

Of course if there is a season 2, Sam will not take the lead role in that move to clear Eddie's name.

My personal guess is that the movie role is also a setup somehow. Deacon has nabbed Eddie, but he also bears a grudge against Sam. That will resolve everything pretty neatly.

• Love 4

Oh shit, cliffhanger! Now we have to have a season 2, right? Or else Eddie will never have his name cleared, and we will never know if Sams new movie was any good! 

Did we know about this former client that Eddie felt so guilty about? We might have, I just really dont remember, but he went so nuts about her, its weird that I dont remember this woman. Of course, she might just be blurring together with all the saintly women who are tragically murdered in light colored flashbacks so that detectives and cops and such can angst, so who knows?

I enjoyed this show, as some light summer fair. I would watch a second season easily.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Xantar said:

You know what? I’m on board for a second season. Is it formulaic and kind of dumb? Yeah. Does it have the same light step as early Castle? No. Do the leads have tremendous chemistry? No. But it’s all good enough for a summer show when I don’t have anything else to watch. Nobody actively annoys me. And it’s nice to have a procedural for once where not every caes is a murder.

My personal guess is that the movie role is also a setup somehow. Deacon has nabbed Eddie, but he also bears a grudge against Sam. That will resolve everything pretty neatly.

I agree.  I would watch another season.  It is dumb, but enjoyable. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh shit, cliffhanger! Now we have to have a season 2, right? Or else Eddie will never have his name cleared, and we will never know if Sams new movie was any good! 

Did we know about this former client that Eddie felt so guilty about? We might have, I just really dont remember, but he went so nuts about her, its weird that I dont remember this woman. Of course, she might just be blurring together with all the saintly women who are tragically murdered in light colored flashbacks so that detectives and cops and such can angst, so who knows?

I enjoyed this show, as some light summer fair. I would watch a second season easily.

I don't think we knew this other woman. I don't even remember it being hinted at that Eddie had a loss like that hanging over him, but I can buy that he he had something in his past we didn't know yet. 

I would watch a second season if it was in the summer.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Xantar said:

Oh clever.  Tempt Sam to get her out of the picture so Eddie won't have her investigating for him, and then Eddie is convicted.  It's okay though, because like the judge, Eddie will be be out before summer is over.  Meanwhile Sam can do her movie and the supporting cast (who are actually quite good) can become the stars.

I'm definitely in for another summer, but don't really care one way or another.

Edited by TWP
  • Love 2

@shapeshifter & @tennisgurl:

Revisiting the discussion of crime dramas that have left a mark on our appreciation of the genre, for those of you interested and can handle the subject matter and more than a PG-rating, Acorn TV will be airing series 1 & 2 of the top crime drama "Wire in the Blood" starting September 17, 2018. This series is definitely NOT A COZY, but I highly recommend it

• Love 2

@tennisgurl  Correct, while Blood is in the title, there's usually NOT a lot of blood on the screen, although by no means is it a cozy.  Just a warning.  :=)  Anyway, let's take, for example 2 shows we may have brought up: "Monk" & "Psyche", "detectives" like Sherlock Holmes who are Hyper-observant or have heightened awareness, "Wire in the Blood" can be a little similar except it's not a comedy, the detective doesn't play the scenes for humor, and the show is deadly serious.  The series is based on books written by Val McDermid and is centered around the main character, Dr. Tony Hill (Robson Green), a clinical psychologist, who deals with patients classified as "serial killers". Tony is viewed as hyper-aware, perhaps psychic or psychotic.  I think he has often been mistaken for having Alzheimer’s disease.  He doesn't, he's just a bit "odd", not even the British "quaint".  The location is Bradfield, U.K., a fictional town depicted to be within West Yorkshire.  There have been a series or murders of men in Bradfield and the police are stymied, the Bradield Police has a Major Incident Squad, headed by Detective Inspector Carol Jordan (Hermione Norris), who can be viewed as a Detective Jane Tennison-clone (Helen Mirren).  She gets it in her head that who better to catch a psycho serial killer than a doctor who specializes in treating them.  Thus, Tony Hill becomes an "odd" Consultant for the squad and he develops into a forensic profiler, even though he dislikes the title.  Tony and Carol become a successful team in catching killers; add in a little WT/WT mini-drama and the two become fast friends.

Wire in the Blood

• Love 1

That sounds really interesting @Jacks-Son I will have to check it out! I admit, as cliche as it is, I love a good serial killer hunt. And mystery shows from the UK have such an intensity to them, and really to strive for some level of realism, it can make for some really great television. Thanks for the heads up! Personally, I enjoy a dark and gritty mystery AND a good cozy mystery, just depends on my mood! 

On 9/14/2018 at 7:30 AM, Trey said:

Also, how long have Sam and Eddie been working together that they put Deacon in prison and he's out already?

My memory is terrible but I thought something happened in a recent-ish episode that destroyed the case against Deacon.  Like the loss of a witness or something?  That's why he's out.

• Love 1

I love this show, but what a dumb cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers in general but especially shows that are off the air for 9 months. Oh.... and are utterly predictable. 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:09 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Having never seen "Moonlighting" nor "Remington Steele, I may have to do a binge watch on them for reference.  Are they terribly dated?  I watched "Wonder Woman" (Lynda Carter on DVD, never having seen the original) and MacGyver on some streaming channel) and both were so outdated I couldn't watch any episodes past the pilot.

On 7/28/2018 at 2:14 PM, Jacks-Son said:

I did a binge watch of this about 4-5 years ago. I think I enjoyed it

If you could handle Scarecrow & Mrs. King, you should be able to handle Remington Steele and Moonlighting. I loved Scarecrow & Mrs. King but I think that show wore its 80s period proudly--although I guess that kind of makes it a period piece in a way.

The first season of Remington Steele and Moonlighting had the same creator.  If you embrace that they take place in the 80s, I think you'll enjoy them.  They're very well written.  Both couples have amazing chemistry. Laura Holt in Remington Steele was the woman I wanted to be.  And because of the shared creator, both shows have the same thread of reverence for classical detective movies. Old movies get referenced a lot in dialogue and plot.  It gives both shows a timeless quality to them even though you're not going to mistake when it was made.

Psych is a good recommendation--although it's a bit on the sillier side.  Monk is a fun detective show that has a little bit of heft in the fact that the main character has OCD.  Tony Shaloub won a few Emmys for that character.  And if you have ACORN, you can also check out Agatha Raisin or a Danish show called Lord and Master. 

17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

My memory is terrible but I thought something happened in a recent-ish episode that destroyed the case against Deacon.  Like the loss of a witness or something?  That's why he's out.

The one with the crazy female bounty hunter, by Eddie putting the prep in prison, that prep killed the key witness.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, deaja said:

I love this show, but what a dumb cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers in general but especially shows that are off the air for 9 months. Oh.... and are utterly predictable. 

Well, there are a couple of ways to get to the predictable ending of happily-ever-after, but I guess the writers are trying to use the 9-month hiatus as a means of building up longing for that predictable end.
But then, IMO, they shouldn't have already had them consummate the relationship, because for the viewer, that pretty much sucks out all the sexual tension from the plot.
At least, IIRC, with Castle, these writers never dwelled on triangles as a means of creating relationship drama.
But why are we even thinking it will be renewed?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

At least, IIRC, with Castle, these writers never dwelled on triangles as a means of creating relationship drama.

If you've forgotten it all, lucky you.  Season 2 Beckett dated Demming, who Castle mocked like he was a schoolboy.  Then when she broke up with him in the last episode of the season so that she could be with Castle, he announced that he was getting back together with his ex wife.  And as soon as that was over and he was free, she was dating "Doctor Motorcycle Boy".  In between, there was one shot teases like the insurance investigator or the British detective.  It wasn't till season 5 that Castle and Beckett finally got together, which was 2 seasons too late in the opinion of this viewer.

Take Two didn't make that mistake at least but I think that the time from first sleeping together to Sam's speech begging him to not go after the bad guy was too short.  I know they only had 10 episodes this summer but it should have taken more time to have a greater resonance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If you've forgotten it all, lucky you.  Season 2 Beckett dated Demming, who Castle mocked like he was a schoolboy.  Then when she broke up with him in the last episode of the season so that she could be with Castle, he announced that he was getting back together with his ex wife.  And as soon as that was over and he was free, she was dating "Doctor Motorcycle Boy".  In between, there was one shot teases like the insurance investigator or the British detective. 

I am pretty good at forgetting unpleasantness, heh.
So, at least all these were short-lived triangles, not involving a 3rd main character, right? 

• Love 1

Ask Matt: A Death in the 'Modern Family,' 'Grey's' Triangle, 'Shooter' and 'Take Two' Finales, 'Pose

Matt Roush on the "Take Two" Finale:

Unsatisfying Finales (Shooter and Take Two)

Question: I would also like to chime in on Take Two, in particular that the Season 1 finale ended with a major cliffhanger with the Eddie Cibrian character being framed for murder, and thus a cancellation would be another slap in the face to everyone following this series—even more so than Timeless, which got a two-hour wrap-up movie. When is this going to stop??? I know that there is blame on both sides as writers use this as a tool to try and get a renewal, but again it’s a great disservice to fans who follow this product. I personally like the series and much prefer it to extremely hard-to-follow series as Syfy's The Magicians or HBO's Westworld — can you explain that finale?—JV

Matt Roush: I really try not to beat up on shows like this, that are meant as guilty-pleasure comfort food at best, but I did watch the finale’s last scene as it aired, and did a combination eye roll/groan (which counts as exercise these days). It’s a hack twist conceived by hacks who can’t think of a better or more original way to end a season than by putting its hero in the sort of contrived jeopardy that will likely be put behind him in an episode or two, if they even get the chance. As noted here, this kind of cliffhanger is presumably a hedge against cancellation, but it only makes me less inclined to ever check it out again. Speaking of which …

Are Guilty Non-Pleasures a Thing?

Question: (A rhetorical question): Am I the only TV viewer who stops watching a show if I think it's terrible? Not to knock John* (See Below) from last week’s column and his negative take on Take Two, but his detailed question makes it clear that he suffered through the show's entire run. Other writers in this archive reflect the same perseverance. I wonder what motivates them. And where they find the time! — Jon

Matt Roush: Good questions, especially the one about time—I can barely even keep up with shows I like, let alone dislike, and (for example) am desperate to find time to finish the final episodes of Season 2 of Netflix’s wonderful Atypical, but my head’s already into October, sad to say. My best explanation for this is that some people still love to cynically hate-watch shows they say they “love to hate,” and taking a more optimistic view, I imagine some people may choose to watch a show they wish they liked in hopes it gets better. Sometimes it even does.

John's Review of "Take Two":  https://www.tvinsider.com/716004/ask-matt-lifetime-you-take-two-musical-tv/

"A Negative Take on Take Two

Question: As Take Two stumbles off-stage at ABC, I wonder how it went so ... blah. Rachel Bilson is charming and hard-working as ever, and Eddie Cibrian no more wooden than usual (and his dimples are deep). Xavier de Guzman and (especially) Alice Lee brought sparkle to their supporting roles, although Aliyah O'Brien's cop-with-benefits character seemed to have wandered into the wrong show. But writing was the real puzzler. Castlecreators Terri Edda Miller and Andrew W. Marlowe are credited for each episode, along with a short list of staff writers. But there was no consistency: A few episodes popped, most plodded, and too many begged the question "Written by interns?" Makes me wonder: With so many outlets churning out original programming, are some shows scraping the bottom of the barrel in search of writers? The recent resurgence of recycled shows (retreads and spinoffs) argues that original ideas are at a low ebb. Good writing requires a voice and a vision: Maybe there's not enough of that to go around in Peak TV World." — John

Matt Roush: An interesting point of view, but not sure it’s a fair comment aimed at a show with such minimal ambitions. A negligible but inoffensive show like Take Two would probably be worse if it had aimed higher. It was intended as light-mystery summer fluff, and most of the mail I get on the show indicates it hit its mark. As a critic, I found the show instantly tiresome, and the entire premise the sort of thing that better shows (like Castle) might dismiss in one mildly amusing episode. But I also see the value of comfort food for those who are seeking this kind of escape. In the bigger picture, there obviously is a bidding war for top producers and writers to fill what now appears to be a bottomless need for new product. As the broadcast networks continue to churn out so much formulaic and derivative fair, the writers are only delivering what their bosses want. For visionary fare and distinctive voices, you’re often going to have to look elsewhere. And many of us do.

On the other hand …

Fans Want More Take Two

Question: So do you like Take Two or is it too light for you? I personally love the show and hope that ABC does also. Would love to see a second season. Do you think that's possible? — Cathy

Matt Roush: The answer to your first question is probably obvious. The answer to your second is less certain. It hasn’t been renewed yet, but being an international co-production it’s likely cost-effective to keep it going, and it makes sense to have a show like this on the bench as a summer or replacement series, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see more episodes ordered.

Nathan Fillion Opens Up About Playing 'The Rookie' After 'Castle' & Why He'll Never Snub Soaps

The actor also shares which former 'OLTL' star he wants on his new show and the celeb he's most often mistaken for.

Copycats, Or Just Clones?

Question: I watch both Take Two on ABC and Carter on WGN America. I like both shows, but who stole from whom and how do they get away with it? By the way, I only found out about Carterfrom TV Guide Magazine, it would never have been on my radar otherwise. I didn’t even know about WGNA network. Thank you. — Ilana

Matt Roush: You’re welcome, but in this case, theft would be pretty petty larceny. The issue here is that both operate in a genre of light mystery capers where originality is rare and familiarity is what they’re aiming for. If they seem cut from the same cloth, that’s by design, and while it appears that Carter was filmed earlier than Take Two, and both productions were based in Canada, I doubt one was looking over the other’s shoulder.

• Love 1

For a 13-episode season, I can't get too worked up over a dumb cliffhanger, especially because ABC didn't really promote this all that heavily in the first place. And is Eddie's fate really so precarious? Of course he's going to be exonerated somehow. He's the male lead. Same for Sam: If she takes the acting job, the show's premise falls apart. Maybe they'd separate the two for an episode or three, but there's no way they won't be working together again sooner or later.

I don't mean this as a knock against anyone who's frustrated that the show is on the bubble and hates that there's a cliffhanger. I agree with Roush that it's a hack move to use a cliffhanger to try to force a renewal. I think he's a little too hard on this show—I bailed on Castle after three or four seasons because I intensely disliked how Beckett's backstory was being written, and I also thought the stories in general were tired. Take Two is the weaker show, for sure, but it's not as if Castle were some epitome of odd-couple mystery shows.

• Love 4

@dubbel zout, Your assessment of the season finale is spot-on and very concise.  Well said.  Huzzah!  :=).  I thought it was lame, ridiculous and unbelievable.  Anyone of the people trying to figure out the culprit would have easily surmised that Eddie was being set up.  Chambers being the obvious conspirator.  However, what made this finale a cut above and offered me something to look forward to in future seasons, is the rather well done use of a recurrent "bad guy" who can come up with seriously devious plots for revenge. 

• Love 2

Damn it, I knew I had seen the actress who played the client,  Emily Speer, before. The actress is Emily Rose, who played Audrey Parker on the Syfy show "Eureka", "Haven".

Edited by Jacks-Son
Wrong show :-(

He's usually the bad guy.  I wonder if it's the bald head.  It's like Charles Dance who was the romantic lead in The Jewel in the Crown but now I can only see him as a villain.

I remember Peter Outerbridge from his days as a romantic hero on bad romance movies and he was the original William Murdoch but he does seem to be doing the villain these days.

On 9/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, statsgirl said:

If you've forgotten it all, lucky you.  Season 2 Beckett dated Demming, who Castle mocked like he was a schoolboy.  Then when she broke up with him in the last episode of the season so that she could be with Castle, he announced that he was getting back together with his ex wife.  And as soon as that was over and he was free, she was dating "Doctor Motorcycle Boy".  In between, there was one shot teases like the insurance investigator or the British detective.  It wasn't till season 5 that Castle and Beckett finally got together, which was 2 seasons too late in the opinion of this viewer.

Take Two didn't make that mistake at least but I think that the time from first sleeping together to Sam's speech begging him to not go after the bad guy was too short.  I know they only had 10 episodes this summer but it should have taken more time to have a greater resonance.

Love triangle usually means that one party is torn between two people, which was never really the case on Castle. One person being jealous isn't really the same as a love triangle, and dating other people isn't automatically a love triangle if there is no conflict about wanting to be with the other person. The Castle writers just liked using third party obstacles to prolong the eventual relationship. But one could argue that Demming/the ex wife/and Josh actually helped Castle and Beckett grow as characters.

Now if Take Two is renewed and has Sam or Eddie dating someone else after sleeping together, and them being  an on/off thing, that will get annoying. I hate when couples on a TV show are on and off because I have no reason to believe the "on" will ever really stick. And that is the problem with having couples hook up too early. The writers never let it last.

• Love 1

Castle wanted Beckett but he thought that he had lost his chance with her by looking into her mother's murder and then she was firmly with Demming so he started up with his ex-wife not realizing that Beckett had broken up with Demming because she wanted to be with him too.  Later Beckett started a relationship with the doctor because even though she really wanted Castle, he was dating Gina.

I think those are examples of classic triangle writing.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Castle wanted Beckett but he thought that he had lost his chance with her by looking into her mother's murder and then she was firmly with Demming so he started up with his ex-wife not realizing that Beckett had broken up with Demming because she wanted to be with him too.  Later Beckett started a relationship with the doctor because even though she really wanted Castle, he was dating Gina.

I think those are examples of classic triangle writing.

I guess it is just a difference in how we define the term, because I still don't see it is a love triangle. Contrived writing, yes. It would have been a triangle if Castle didn't move on with Gina and just brooded over Beckett or tried to break them up. Or if Beckett didn't move on with Josh later.  But whatever you call it, it was just a way of putting obstacles in front of the main characters.

The showrunners seem to be trying a different tact with Take Two, by letting them sleep together so early.  I don't know if we'll get a chance to see it play out, but I think that was a mistake.

For anyone interested in the earlier conversation about detective shows that were comparable to Take Two, the CW Seed has "Forever" available for streaming.  I've been bingeing on the only season of "Forever".  There is one caveat though, watching shows stream on The CW Seed is commercially painful, by that I mean, much like old Hulu, the CW Seed loops their commercials.  It's the same commercials every 15 minutes or so and ZERO ways to control that.  Once the CW Seed even sniffs a commercial, you can't rewind, or fast forward.  If you try to rewind once you get past the commercials, you had make sure you rewind far enough because if you end your rewind still within that commercial string, you're thrown back to the beginning of that string.  Maddening! 

35 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

"TVLine has learned that Marlowe and Miller have already begun shopping the show around (with several suitors said to be expressing interest)." Let's hope that's not straight BS.  Thanks,  WendyCR72.

There is absolutely no way this show is getting picked up. 

• Love 2