Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: You Could Discover Me

In order to buy their freedom back, Letty and Javier must work together on the biggest con yet. Letty infiltrates a drag club, posing as drag queen Priscilla McCall in order to steal half a million dollars from the owner to stay out of prison. It becomes a more dangerous operation than they ever expected.

LMAO!   Yes, Charleston, WV does have drag.   Broadway, on Leon Sullivan Way.    Before that, I think there was The Grand Palace.  Have never set foot in either place, though.   (Still laughing!)

• Love 4

Loved the opening scene in what is obviously shot in that classic dump, The White Front breakfast house on Market street. (Ugly vertical window blinds, Dominoes pizza visible thru their window blinds.Good Red eye gravy there.)

Drag Queens are Mean as Shit. 

• Love 2

This might be one of the best episodes yet. It had everything - danger, intrigue, comedy, fabulous guest stars (WALLACE LANGHAM THANK YOU THANK YOU), flirty Jetty moments, Jetty banter, humor at every turn, a musical number, and the LOVE admission we've all been waiting for!

Juan Diego Botto is an international treasure. I literally squealed when he did the "cock your head to the side thing." That mans's smile and eyes... no wonder he has appeal among both genders. Mickey Rose's infatuation with him is all of us, am I right? I love how Javier took it in stride and just went with it.

I also enjoy how Javier can go from alpha male who rightly shoves Teo up against a wall to a supportive boyfriend who recognizes his girlfriend's expertise. Let me just say, every time Javier does that move where he grabs some low-life by the throat, my ovaries have a reaction. Javier's protective side is HOT.

I think we got a little deeper into his character this week, and I always want to learn more. I honestly believe this show is strongest when he's at the center. Javier needs someone to care for and work for and dote on. That was Ava. Now it's Letty. He just wants to be needed. He's an atypical alpha man considering how open he is about that. What he's offering is something Letty needs desperately. 

The drag club provided so many opportunities for humor and hijinks. Michelle looked gorgeous this ep. I laughed the lines about their courtship - how kidnapping is a typical first date and his hitman occupation is such a turn-on.

The phone call to Estelle was such a watershed moment. I knew the words would come out in a roundabout way. I don't think Letty even heard herself when she told Estelle that Javier is the person she loves. But Estelle heard that and it woke her right up. I'm betting Letty hasn't said those words about anyone but Jacob. Rob never needed to hear her say it; Rob has known all along, and I adore him for that. He's perceptive in so many wonderful ways.

I think Javier was trying to find a way to say "I love you" without using the actual words when they were in the car at the end of the ep, but Letty wasn't ready to say it or receive it. So she brushed it off. But they both know it's there. 

HOLLAND TAYLOR NEXT WEEK! Casting is killing it this season. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 10

^^^100% agree!!

That said, I hated the FBI scene- just too juvenile for the bar they've set with wit and humor. Rob and the parole officer are loveable scmucks, but I don't like a whole scene of schmucks, and I really hope they don't go there again.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Juan Diego Botto is an international treasure. I literally squealed when he did the "cock your head to the side thing."

I died laughing at that. It also cracked me up that Letty had to tell him that flirting with a man was the same as flirting with a woman. Also, Jefferson's "took you long enough" to realize that Mickey was Rose was very funny.

1 hour ago, Bubbetv said:

I hated the FBI scene- just too juvenile for the bar they've set with wit and humor.

Same here. I get why it played out the way it did, but I hope we're done with that. 

I really like how we're seeing Letty very slowly evolve almost in spite of herself. When Mickey told her at the end that queens have it hard enough the way it is they don't need to be so terrible to one another, and Letty returns to Wallace Langham with the money and clothing, it was so great. Letty's surprise at being able and willing to do good things for others is one of my favorite things about the show. 

This was almost a bottle episode. I wonder if that was intentional and something big is coming up.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I haven't watched the newest episode yet. What do you all think?

I liked this episode, although I hate how Letty talks down to Javier some times.  He has to be a masochist.

Also, I hope the situation with Teo blows up in Ava's face.  She's way too self-righteous.  Her father is a war criminal and maybe drug lord, but she took his money to start up her restaurant.  When she finds out what Javier does, she immediately ices him out and sends her drug addict ex-boyfriend to spy on him.  What the hell is that?

Estelle is spiteful as hell.  She makes up a fake emergency about Jacob so that Letty would speak with her, and then tries to take back custody?  I'm glad Rob was there to talk her down.

I love how Letty's and Lachever's contact info is saved in their phones.

Too bad we didn't see Javier dressed up in drag!

• Love 5

When Javier tilted his head to the side like Lettie told him certain intimate parts of my body reacted. I am not ashamed. ?

Rose wasn't a very good criminal. Too trusting.

Letty killed it as a drag queen. I'm surprised though that no one saw through her act and tried snatching her wig.

Estelle is spiteful as hell.

Which might be okay if it were just between her and Letty but she persists in using Jacob as a weapon against Letty. Not good. Then Letty continues having Jacob around while she and Javier are doing their Bonnie and Clyde thing. Not good either. Letty better start stealing enough money to pay for Jacob's future therapy bills...Or bail and attorney's fees.

• Love 1

This was my least favorite ep of the season.  Drag is just not my thing.  But there was plenty I still liked...

Javier was pretty perfect this whole episode.  From his indignation at not being drag queen material to his head tilt to his line at the end.  Reminded me of Bridget Jones' Mark Darcy and his "I like you just as you are".  Also, how refreshing that he didn't pull any alpha male crap and trusted in Letty to run the con.  She earned and deserved the chance.

The callbacks!  Javier/sad salads in greasy spoons.  Pablo.  Have we seen gummy bears yet?  Those need to make an appearance :)

I wouldn't mind seeing the ex-Sephora employee again.  Fulfilling their bargain was a good thing.  Letty is growing up and it is nice to see.

"I'm fired.  I get it.  Bye!"  Made me laugh harder than it should have.

Bring on Grandma Letty!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

When Javier tilted his head to the side like Lettie told him certain intimate parts of my body reacted. I am not ashamed. ?

I let out a very loud squee when he did that. It was maybe my favorite part of the episode. 

• Love 2

I love drag, so I was all in on this episode. I only recognized a couple of queens, wound like to know who the others are, but none of them are credited (except Roxy a Wood. The others, even with speaking parts didn't get credit. The 2 I know (Ginger Minj & Sharon Needles)each had several lines; so did another queen I didn't recognize. Bad show!

oh, & Javier was dripping with sexy this episode!

What makes you think he's an alpha male? Alphas need to be in a group to have someone to dominate. Javier's a lone wolf who only uses violence for practical purposes. He doesn't even understand the group psychology of alphas: Letty needed to explain it to him in 2.02. Plus Juan's casting would indicate that the creator wasn't writing an alpha role - Botto has really childlike pretty features and a slight frame perfect for a SNAG.

Is Chad Hodge gay? The amount of scrumptious men of different types in this show is really impressive:

Javier is an angel-faced type (big-eyed and long-lashed). He'd probably look 25 without the beard.

Rob is Nordic fair with a strong jaw

Teo looks he stepped out of a telenovela

Even the scummy Sean is surprisingly handsome for his brawny type and Agent Backup has a catalogue model's features.

What's really ridiculous in this show is that Javier has a heavy Spanish accent. What kind of idiot would become a hitman with such an easily identifiable trait?

Edited by Eva Marie
3 hours ago, Eva Marie said:

Is Chad Hodge gay? The amount of scrumptious men of different types in this show is really impressive:

Javier is an angel-faced type (big-eyed and long-lashed). He'd probably look 25 without the beard.

Rob is Nordic fair with a strong jaw

Teo looks he stepped out of a telenovela

Even the scummy Sean is surprisingly handsome for his brawny type and Agent Backup has a catalogue model's features. 

Yes, he's gay.  Which is actually interesting in a way, because a lot of the eroticism in this show looks like pure male fantasy.   More like a hetero teenage boy's fantasy than a gay adult's.

Edited by SAIRY
23 hours ago, Bubbetv said:

I hated the FBI scene- just too juvenile for the bar they've set with wit and humor.

Yeah, this was the weak link. Plus, the millennials were dressed all wrong for fibbies. Way too stylish.

Yes, this show has probably more than its fair share of visits from the Contrivance Fairy, but I do. not. care. It's wonnnnnderful! (I'm tempted to call her the Contrivance Queen for this ep, but I won't. Too obvious.) Of COURSE Letty has a nearby friend who can kit her out in drag. Of course she knows the recipe for a Curacao-slurpee-thingamadrink. Of course she knows the exact cover of "Always Forever" to use for her big number to slip to the dj, and of course he plays it in place of Rose's encore. (yeah, srsly, no. Rose would cut him soon as look at him for such an infraction.)

Random things I loved: 

• Busting on Lashever for having an AOL account. It's a lame joke by now, but lord knows I judge people for that kind of thing!
  • MD's eyes flicking from JDB's face to his cheeseburger during the diner scene. I don't quite know why that was so compelling, but there you go.
  • Estelle deploying the DEFCON 1 text to get Letty to call. Veeerrry manipulative. Like mama, like daughter.
  • Rob's watching Estelle's face during the call with such love and concern.
  • Yeah, totally not excluding the head cock. I literally bounced in my seat, clapping.
  • Wig head cash storage. 
  • Again, Letty cracking the safe. (at least this time we know how she got the code)
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, attica said:

Rob's watching Estelle's face during the call with such love and concern.

Rob continues to be THE BEST. I really like how the show uses him. He has his dopey stuff and then he drops a major truth bomb, sometimes in the same sentence. Neither aspect is overused.

• Love 7

"Javier only kills people for money...and Jacob hasn't got any."  Line of the episode lol

Not my favorite ep as a whole this season, but there were some good moments.  I'd actually love to see Wallace Langham's character again, I thought he was fantastic. Snapping his fingers to shut Letty up?  That was delicious.

"Bye, Jefferson."

• Love 4

I loooooooved this episode. It was just so fun and provided a lot of good character moments. Most people have touched on my favorite parts already.

Lol at Javier politely wondering why he couldn't be a drag queen. Like I seriously think he would have made an attempt if Letty had asked. But yeah, even if they could get the look right, he wouldn't have been able to pull it off. I loved how he respected that this was Letty's "thing" so she got to be in charge. Despite all their flaws, this is a couple that truly respects one another, which is something that a lot of shows struggle to pull off.

I so buy Letty working at Sephora at some point. I loved her friend who helped her with the drag look and was floored when she actually showed back up to give him his cut. Not only was it a huge character development moment for Letty, but it means that now we need another stealing spree to replace the missing $50,000 so yay!

Ok, so maybe I missed it between this episode and last, but how did the FBI know EXACTLY how much money Rose/Mickey had?  I get that the former bartender (Adam?) was spying on him, but really, Adam was able to count the exact amount of money Rose had hidden in the wig holders?  So if the FBI didn't know exactly how much, just an estimated sum, why would Letty be worried about taking $50,000 off the top for her drag queen fitter?

I loved that Letty would of course know how a drag queen acts, what to say, and how to mix drinks (she's an alcoholic, of course she knows alcohol).  Her background exposed her to a lot of different environments.  And a hitman wouldn't necessarily know those things.  But he does know how to buy a gun.  This episode, more than any other, reminded me a bit of Leverage, where you need criminals to pull off the heist against other criminals.

And while the millenial FBI v. Levasher bit seemed a bit silly, I can easily see how true it is.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

Ok, so maybe I missed it between this episode and last, but how did the FBI know EXACTLY how much money Rose/Mickey had?  I get that the former bartender (Adam?) was spying on him, but really, Adam was able to count the exact amount of money Rose had hidden in the wig holders?  So if the FBI didn't know exactly how much, just an estimated sum, why would Letty be worried about taking $50,000 off the top for her drag queen fitter?

I wondered the exact same thing.  Really there is no reason an accomplished liar like Letty couldn't bullshit Leshever that there was not as much money as she thought.  I also kept expecting Letty's disguise to be  discovered.  Maybe because I know she is not a man but I was not convinced by her drag disguise.  She flattened out her butt okay but other than that I still saw Letty.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:22 PM, gibasi said:

I wondered the exact same thing.  Really there is no reason an accomplished liar like Letty couldn't bullshit Leshever that there was not as much money as she thought.  I also kept expecting Letty's disguise to be  discovered.  Maybe because I know she is not a man but I was not convinced by her drag disguise.  She flattened out her butt okay but other than that I still saw Letty.

This show is best enjoyed when one employs Suspension of Disbelief. Its fiction, Yo.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Agent Lashater sticking it to the "know it all" newbies, but since when can an FBI unit chief summarily FIRE agents for botching one assignment.

On most other shows, the screw-up agent gets reassigned to some crap duty, or sent off to the field office in Butte, Montana or some such remote place.  Fired out of the entire FBI?????  For one screw-up?????