Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I say this every year but I just hate Mia's 'choreography'.  It's just a big old mess of every dance move she's seen recently thrown together... just like the horrible semi-final routines that the girls are forced to perform that she choreographs.  I beg the DCC to use someone else this year! 

• Love 5

The thing with Mia's choreography is it seperates the Dancers from the cheerleaders and inexperienced dancers.

The Dancers with a lot of technical training and musicality make it look good. Everybody else makes it look a jumbled hot mess.

The short little Blond with No Name from last week is looking really good in this clip. She can dance. She may get the 'slim down' talk, because they don't seem to have many of the girls built like gymnasts (Kandi Harris, etc) now, but Blond with No Name can dance. 

6 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Whoever's dancing next to Victoria in the black shorts and blue top is AMAZING.

I think that's the little Blond with No Name you were nice to last week. ????

• Love 3
Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

HAHAH! Well go ME! For once I don't have to eat my own words! They're LOADED with calories anyway. She is just EXTRA. I do agree they would ask her to lean up if chosen as a TCC but wow I couldn't even look anywhere else. And I'm usually glued to Victoria!

Took me about three times to notice Holly was in the front, and taller, but about as thick as Little Blond with No Name. LBWNN is definitely a show stopper.

• Love 1

Watching Season Five again, and I still cannot get the appeal of Courtney Cook, Stephanie Heyman, and Paula Taberes. Charlotte was drooling in her panty hose over Paula because she has a different look. Courtney was Kelli's favorite. Judy was not happy at all with Stephanie. I adore Mandy, and I was hoping she would have worked on her kicks and come back and made the team. Elizabeth Reuter's hair was beautiful after her makeover. I keep wishing she would lose the weight, tone up and try out again. I bet part of the reason why Stephanie left after one year was due to being called out for weight. She might have been given strong hints not to try out again.

To me, Stephanie was Brooke all over again.  I don’t know how good a dancer Stephanie was.  I think they worked with Brooke because she was such a good dancer.  Maybe Stephanie was a weak dancer AND not in the shape she needed to be in for the squad so that was why Judy didn’t like her?  Just guessing. 

Judy was not happy with Stephanie's weight. In Episode 7, Kelli said Stephanie was gaining weight and was on thin ice (sorry bad pun) with the both of them. Judy was pushing for Elizabeth to make the team, but she was not losing enough weight to make the team. I do not understand how Stephanie made the team, but Elizabeth was cut for the same thing. I do remember the hair guy calling Stephanie Brooke when she came in for her makeover. Maybe Kelli and Charlotte thought Stephanie was the next Brooke on the team since Brooke was leaving after her fifth year.

"Shoes" girl should REALLY choose better outfits.  When I could see her dancing, I wasn't focused on that, I was focused on what the hell was going on with her top.  At first I thought that her bra had some sort of plastic-like thing that was showing below the black top.  It took a while for me to realize that it was lace or something, but it was distracting.  Not a good thing.  From what I understand in dance, your outfit should emphasize or enhance your movement, not detract.  Hers detracted.

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What is The Blond with No Name (and No Shoes) actually called? LOL.

Also - I do like Kelli Q and she is so talented, but she looks like they're mom out there. I'd guess she was 38, not 28. Not that I mind an age range, and she's keeping up, but she looks my age, not a decade younger. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Watching Season Five again, and I still cannot get the appeal of Courtney Cook, Stephanie Heyman, and Paula Taberes. Charlotte was drooling in her panty hose over Paula because she has a different look. Courtney was Kelli's favorite. Judy was not happy at all with Stephanie. I adore Mandy, and I was hoping she would have worked on her kicks and come back and made the team. Elizabeth Reuter's hair was beautiful after her makeover. I keep wishing she would lose the weight, tone up and try out again. I bet part of the reason why Stephanie left after one year was due to being called out for weight. She might have been given strong hints not to try out again.

Didn't Elizabeth audition again in season 6 but was cut at prelims or semi finals?  I think Marie Lynn came back that season but was also cut

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2

I'm glad someone mentioned Paula T. When they showed her with her high school friends (arm in arm), I was like...NO WAY. She can't be that young! She looked like she could have been their mother. Not because she looked old, but it was how mature she seemed in comparison. The whole exotic, sexy South/Central American thing. She looked more like some wealthy oil baron's arm candy than a cheerleader. She went on to be a Mavs dancer, right? 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2

Paula T may be the nicest girl in the world, but she looked really plastic surgery Playboy fake to me. Too bleached, too fake boobed, too tanned, too much of a nose job. She didn't look innocent Barbie plastic, but Playboybunny plastic. I didn't get Charlotte's fascination either. PAula makes Tasha, KDunn, and the Minchews look au naturale. 

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Elizabeth audition again in season 6 but was cut at prelims or semi finals?  I think Marie Lynn came back that season but was also cut

I just rewatched and Liz made it to either Semi's or Finals, but I don't know. I just remember them calling Angela Rena and she just sat there crying because she didn't make it back with Schram and Courtney.  Marie made it but lacked the energy so she was cut as a TCC.  Milan is reminiscent of Marie Lynn to me.  Marie got cut the same night as Alex Hermes, Stephanie (not heyman) and Kallie Fullerton

Also want to point out my season 6 love for Katy fink, Schram, and Emma! I loved Mackenzie too although it was a struggle to get her on.  I was indifferent about the disappearing rookies from season 6. The one and done:  Alyssa Torres, Jenna Allison, Kamilah, Meghan Michelle.  I feel like there were others.  Did Amber Lea do more than one season?

Holly Hubbard just randomly arrived in season 6 finale... I'm guessing she was there, but I didn't see her until they were dancing on the decks in the finale

PS Alyssa's profile pic looks like Farrah Abraham IMO... 

Edited by Josreason
5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well, according to the tag in the original instagram post (in the 2017 tryouts thread) the name is Caitlin Patton. In the dance vids (there are now two in the same thread) where she's moving she looks completely different. Like, are we sure that's the same person??

https://www.instagram.com/caitlinpatton/

https://twitter.com/PattonCaitlin

Update: Oh duh, the vids are in THIS thread LMAO. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

@Moni, yassss! I think you are right. It is two different girls. Caitlin Patton is the no shoe girl for sure. The Blonde powerhouse in the Fergie Choreo and GoToWork Choreo has shorter hair with more roots showing. Also her body is different, a bit leaner than Caitlin. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Josreason said:

I just rewatched and Liz made it to either Semi's or Finals, but I don't know. I just remember them calling Angela Rena and she just sat there crying because she didn't make it back with Schram and Courtney.  Marie made it but lacked the energy so she was cut as a TCC.  Milan is reminiscent of Marie Lynn to me.  Marie got cut the same night as Alex Hermes, Stephanie (not heyman) and Kallie Fullerton

Also want to point out my season 6 love for Katy fink, Schram, and Emma! I loved Mackenzie too although it was a struggle to get her on.  I was indifferent about the disappearing rookies from season 6. The one and done:  Alyssa Torres, Jenna Allison, Kamilah, Meghan Michelle.  I feel like there were others.  Did Amber Lea do more than one season?

Holly Hubbard just randomly arrived in season 6 finale... I'm guessing she was there, but I didn't see her until they were dancing on the decks in the finale

PS Alyssa's profile pic looks like Farrah Abraham IMO... 

Amber only did one season. I think she retired because she was getting married. I'm thinking there was 5th rookie who was cut besides Alyssa, Jenna, Kamilah, and Meghan but I can't be sure.   Just googled the 2011 squad. What happened to Amelia Bren? Did she get cut , retire, or do another season?

Edited by MrsEVH
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Amber only did one season. I think she retired because she was getting married. I'm thinking there was 5th rookie who was cut besides Alyssa, Jenna, Kamilah, and Meghan but I can't be sure.   Just googled the 2011 squad. What happened to Amelia Bren? Did she get cut , retire, or do another season?

Amelia cheered until 2013.

• Love 1

Cut from Season 6:  Cassie Kathleen, Kamilah Brett, Megan Michelle, Alyssa Torres, Jenna Allison.

I thought Megan Michelle was cute as a button and handled herself well when she botched the Commander in Chief question.  She wasn't cut for weight, either.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RegalRegin said:

Can someone please post HollyP's snapchat name? I thought it was hpdance but nope! I did search around the forum and couldn't find anything. Thank you!

I think she changed her name cause I used to follow her on snap but she disappeared. I think she mostly uses insta stories now anyways.

On 2/25/2017 at 9:13 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

The thing with Mia's choreography is it seperates the Dancers from the cheerleaders and inexperienced dancers.

The Dancers with a lot of technical training and musicality make it look good. Everybody else makes it look a jumbled hot mess.

The short little Blond with No Name from last week is looking really good in this clip. She can dance. She may get the 'slim down' talk, because they don't seem to have many of the girls built like gymnasts (Kandi Harris, etc) now, but Blond with No Name can dance. 

I think that's the little Blond with No Name you were nice to last week. ????

THIS.  That's why I like Mia's choreography - when someone is doing it well (like she does) I think it's awesome. Lots of levels, all the extras, etc. But when you can't keep up...that's when it's lookin' like a mess LOL 

• Love 2

Amelia is one of the underrated DCC in my opinion. It was like my second watch thru of the MTT series that I realized she was not the same person as Cassie Trammell lol  She actually was a wonderful dancer and performer, I believe she was at least a second GL one year if not two.  

I never really understood Stephanie H either BUT she was an incredible dancer - I am pretty sure she got a barbie (for some reason I feel like is saw that on a throwback pic once on her IG) - and I think that + being Brooke's BFF is what got her a year.  I honestly feel like she tried to be a DCC at one of her more awkward years.  Girl is looking great these days, slim and just more effortlessly classy (like Brooke, TBH). 

Here is my unpopular opinion - never was a huge fan of Liz Reuter.  I think she was a cute dancer and a cute girl but did NOT have the DCC look to me whatsoever.  Partially because she just looked so young, like 13 years old.  She also lost me when she came back the second time like I got my weight in check! and she looked exactly the same.  Not judging because i'm not rail but i also am not trying to be a DCC. 

• Love 5
On 26/2/2017 at 4:07 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Whoever's dancing next to Victoria in the black shorts and blue top is AMAZING.

I SO agree to this. But I really want to ask if everyone here thinks that Victoria is that good because honestly, I don't think she's all that. Obviously she is talented but I have an issue with her arms. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but in every video I've seen of her dancing, it's almost like every movement of her arms is awkward, while the rest of her body is just fine. Maybe it's just me though so I don't know.

• Love 5

I think Kelli said Stephanie H. was the lowest scoring TC Candidate because of her weight, so I do not think she got a Barbie. I like Liz Reuter because she did not look like the typical DCC. I was disappointed she was not toned up to make the team in Season 6. I was also mad Katie was not brought back in Season 4 and Grace was not brought back in Season 5. In my opinion, they both look fine and could dance, but lets keep vets and bring in a girl who is gaining weight and has a current DCC as her best friend. It is a good thing I am not a judge because I probably will be questioning a lot of the choices, or I will end up disagreeing with Kelli and Charlotte and agreeing with Judy too much. Ha!

Stephanie Heymann was a rookie show group pick, and was praised for her dancing on camera more than once. Her problem was definitely weight. I never care for her much to be quite honest. Her face does nothing for me, but her body definitely does look better these days.

53 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Liz work with Jay in Season 5? And here is my unpopular opinion: I actually agree with Judy when it comes to certain girls than I do with Charlotte and Kelli.

She did which is what was so weird...or at least, she did a couple of times.  I know they showed at least one session with him. 

Maybe Jay's workouts do not get the results they say they do. I do remember in Season 4 when they kept promoting the workout videos Jay made with the girls. I chuckle when he has the girls do the Army Fitness Test because studies have shown the test is not the true measurement of how fit soldiers really are, plus the fact the girls are not doing proper military style situps and pushups. Now if Jay decides to send the vets and the TC Candidates on a ten mile march with full soldier gear wearing their DCC practice outfits, I will definitely be watching to see how well the girls do.

As someone who doesn't have a ton of dance experience, I think Victoria is really good. She's a really fluid dancer, seems perfect for lyrical. My opinion doesn't matter much considering I have no dance background besides classes at a young age lol

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think she changed her name cause I used to follow her on snap but she disappeared. I think she mostly uses insta stories now anyways.

Ok...this is odd.

I not adding fuel to the fire BUT...it sure is coincidental that when that rumor hit about Holly P. and Jenna fraternizing with Cowboys Players, Holly ghosted on snap AND made her Instagram private. I would occasionally check her Instagram for dance videos. She had always been public. It is just weird that all this happened at the same time months ago. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe Jay's workouts do not get the results they say they do.

Agreed. I think his workouts could give results, I just think they don't give results fast enough for Judy's/Kelli's liking.

Just now, TiaGrace said:

Ok...this is odd.

I not adding fuel to the fire BUT...it sure is coincidental that when that rumor hit about Holly P. and Jenna fraternizing with Cowboys Players, Holly ghosted on snap AND made her Instagram private. I would occasionally check her Instagram for dance videos. She had always been public. It is just weird that all this happened at the same time months ago. 

I think it's possible Holly did fraternize, but not so much that it would cost her a spot on the team you follow? I'm thinking if she was found out that she was told to put that shit on lock by someone on the team so that she wouldn't get kicked off.

I don't think Jay's workouts are a help at all, notice that none of the girls are actually going to him for workouts that we know of? Holly goes to a private trainer in some gym and I love watching their workouts because they actually look like they help. Now that Paige and Kat are part of DC Fit, do you think more girls will go there for fitness?

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think it's possible Holly did fraternize, but not so much that it would cost her a spot on the team you follow? I'm thinking if she was found out that she was told to put that shit on lock by someone on the team so that she wouldn't get kicked off.

Totes agree. 

IF she had, I believe she would not risk her position on the team. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Agreed. I think his workouts could give results, I just think they don't give results fast enough for Judy's/Kelli's liking.

Exactly. I don't think this is a scientific number, but I read somewhere that losing weight is 70% food and 30% exercise. So even if his workouts are fabulous, there's only so much they can do in the time frame they're working with.

• Love 3

I think a lot of it is the effort the girls put in.  When Victoria in Season 2 was told she needed to lose weight, they also suggested she work out with Jay.  She didn't go, said she could do it herself and was cut.  However, if the girls are making a conscious effort to do something, then it looks as though they get a little more time.

1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

Ok...this is odd.

Her Insta went private long before the rumors, as well as a lot of other cheerleaders because of some creeper fans I believe. 

18 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'll see myself out.

I mean you're just out of control. I advise professional help. :P 

Creeper fans meaning older men who give me the Momma No-No vibes. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm no personal trainer (here's where most normal people would put a period and stop talking), BUT...

If I have to drop lbs NOW, it's calorie restrictions, cardio two-a-days and core training. Bitch of it is, your body starts to eat your muscles as a source of food/energy to function. So I may look thinner but lord, it's a flab-alanche. No short shorts for me. Potato salad city. Hope I was graphic enough for you all. I think that's what his workouts combining strength training are trying to avoid, but the scale doesn't budge for weeks sometimes

Exactly...from one non-personal trainer to another :)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Stephanie Heymann was a rookie show group pick, and was praised for her dancing on camera more than once. Her problem was definitely weight. I never care for her much to be quite honest. Her face does nothing for me, but her body definitely does look better these days.

I thought Olivia Stevanovski was the rookie pic that year. The only rookie from season 5... 

12 hours ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Cut from Season 6:  Cassie Kathleen, Kamilah Brett, Megan Michelle, Alyssa Torres, Jenna Allison.

I thought Megan Michelle was cute as a button and handled herself well when she botched the Commander in Chief question.  She wasn't cut for weight, either.  

Thanks.  Cassie Kathleen is the one I couldn't remember.  What was Meagan Michelle was cut for?

2 hours ago, Josreason said:

I thought Olivia Stevanovski was the rookie pic that year. The only rookie from season 5... 

Olivia wasn't the only rookie to make show group that year. Stephanie and Kaitlin Legrand both made it as well. If you watch the show group audition (season 5 episode 5), you can see them all up there as the camera pans across the final group. Olivia was just featured as the only rookie who was picked to perform at a certain show group performance. All of the rookies are considered alternates so they don't all get to perform at every event.

Edited by Oranaiche