Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Holly and Elizabeth both messed up.

ETA: I'm sick of this routine.

Can you give a time frame in the video?  I had a hard time recognizing girls because the screen is so tiny...

And I agree.  Though it's not so much the routine I'm sick of... I don't care for the music they keep using.  Justin Bieber... ugh.

• Love 1

Can you give a time frame in the video?  I had a hard time recognizing girls because the screen is so tiny...

And I agree.  Though it's not so much the routine I'm sick of... I don't care for the music they keep using.  Justin Bieber... ugh.

Rookie Holly kind of messes up at the 1:30 mark. She picks it back up though very quickly. The other mess up was in another video posted. It was at the end of the kickline..as they were getting up, Elizabeth stepped forward while everyone else was still on their knee. She looks back, notices no one else has gotten up, and re assumes her position.

Some of those other team outfits are really tacky - that one of Jackie Bob looks like a sexy Halloween costume and so do few of the others. That cameo of Carey Depasquale is amazing - wow, her figure was unbelievable. That's not a flattering photo of Danielle in the Jets uniform - eesh, I assume she either toned up a lot before making DCC, or it was really just a bad shot.

I think Ashley N. and Jessica also cheered for NBA teams, as well as former vet Veronica. I'm sure there are more. I guess the article only mentioned the girls who cheered for other NFL teams. 

Some of those other team outfits are really tacky - that one of Jackie Bob looks like a sexy Halloween costume and so do few of the others. That cameo of Carey Depasquale is amazing - wow, her figure was unbelievable. That's not a flattering photo of Danielle in the Jets uniform - eesh, I assume she either toned up a lot before making DCC, or it was really just a bad shot.

If Danielle was exhaling and not quite DCC toned, yes it will look 'worse' than it is, but honestly, I don't think any of the other pro teams have the DCC perfection standards. 

Wow! So much for 'retirement' for Emma Mary! Did she perform in every game this year?? It sure seems like it!

I hope KaShara comes back. She is so pretty and always look 'on'.

It does seem like Emma was a regular again this season! I feel like Holly A will be an All Star and a fill in as well. Maybe then Emma can get a break lol

I love, love, love KaShara! I think she was my favorite Rookie this season! She's fun to watch.

Based on the picture from the Redskins game, I wonder if Danielle has gotten any weight warnings. Those shorts looked like they were really cutting into her hips and giving her small muffin tops. I know it's often times attributed to bad angles, and if that's the case, then many of her pictures are taken at bad angles, to me she usually looks too soft for their standards.

Agreed, RedDelicious, Holly is looking really good.

• Love 1

Danielle looks like she carries extra weight in her midsection (I sympathize) and she has received weight warnings. Sometimes no matter what you're eating or how you're exercising, a few ounces come on - especially during monthly cycles and in winter when bodies want to retain extra water and fat.

Honestly, I love Danielle and think she's gorgeous and a good dancer, but I will be surprised if she makes it five years, just due to her natural build. Once again, I'll also say the cut of those shorts really compromises a lot of great dancers. They'd look better an inch higher and an inch longer. I'd love to see how they'd look on Kelli and Judy when they were on the team.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, Danielle was called out for weight gain her second year (five one year vets called out for weight in season 8.) There was the one in the office scene when she was told by Kelli the judges did not vote for her and Kelli and Charlotte decided to bring her back. I think two reasons why she came back was she is one of Kelli's favorites and the fact Cassie was brought back for her last year because of her knee injury/surgery. They knew they would take a lot of heat if Danielle was not brought back for a foot injury. Danielle was brought back to the office after the scene in the parking lot with Miss Kitty and Chelsea, but the scene was not shown. She was called into the office last year for weight gain in Season 9, but her scene was not shown. Makes me wonder what happen with her scenes not being shown.

Danielle's softness is nothing compared to Amy T. If you look at that one of her kicking she has an actual roll hanging over her shorts. Of course if it were me doing that kick you wouldn't even be able to see my belt and it wouldn't be because of too tight shorts either ;), but I'm not 22 and a DCC so I guess it's not apples to apples - Haha ;). I saw a Twitter photo of the group that contains holly, kashara and Amy T. from the back, and wow was Amy big even by non-DCC and even non-22 year old standards ;(. I'd be so interested to see how big that pretty Kaitlynn girl they benched cause of weight two seasons ago was - she had to be really big if they let Amy slide and not her.

Kashara looks great in that game photo of her - she rocks the curvy body type and looks amazing - that's what a non-skinny DCC should look like - she is just a beauty. I still think rookie Holly's body is too masculine looking. She's definitely a lot thinner than she was on the show - seemed to loose it all in her legs and her torso is still kind of broad - she's just built like a gymnast IMO.

ETA - this is the Twitter photo I saw of that group from the back. Eesh re: Amy T. https://twitter.com/dcc_jacie/status/683808967525445633

Edited by MyFavShows

It's just unfortunate how Amy T carries her weight; I mean, I noticed it day 1 of auditions and thought there was no way she'd make it or at least that she'd be one of the ones highlighted with weight issues during  camp. She is hips and a bit of stomach.  KaShara may have hips (or wide saddle or whatever skeletor called it during auditions) but she has the little waist and just looks well proportioned in the uniform.  And agreed that Holly doesn't have the coke bottle body type but she still looks fierce to me and I think she photographs really well in all the professional shots which helps her case.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Amy T.  Maybe she photographs poorly and in person and on the screen looks fine? SHE IS SO PRETTY THOUGH. Gahhh she really has such a striking face, I can see why she grabbed their attention.

And Kaitlin getting benched vs Amy T...well, Kaitlin wasn't a great dancer or a standout really in anyway, IIRC.  Amy is a fabulous performer and on show group so maybe that's why she gets a pass?

I hope Danielle makes it 5 years!!  But I can see her being over it soon.  I bet she quits when Paige does, since they are roommates and everything. 

• Love 2

Amy T does have a beautiful face and she definitely can dance. But so did and so could Hannah. Maybe it was an attitude thing w/ Hannah too and we just don't know the whole story.

True that Kaitlynn was a dance risk on top of weight so that may have been two strikes against her.

I don't think any of them have quit just because roommates, rookie class members or friends quit. I'm sure they're all close just due to the amount of time spent together, but it's hard for me to think any of them would take a bullet for each other.

I'd love to see Danielle make it five years. Amy t - I think I've said before that my husband said they should trade all the other girls for ones who looked like Amy T, but since the rest are so fit and taught, she looks big. Not sure how she isn't benched either. If she isn't a one hit wonder I will be surprised.

I have a really hard time buying the would reshoot a very expensive new DCC game intro with Danielle front and center of they didn't intend to bring Danielle back and have every confidence in her weight. They do that reshoot maybe every five years or so -- they aren't doing it with anyone who is even close to being on the fence.

• Love 1

True, true. Danielle is a good dancer, a fan favorite, and the other girls adore her. I can see her being a group leader, possibly making Show Group and having a shot at Pro Bowl Girl if she goes for five years.

ETA - this is the Twitter photo I saw of that group from the back. Eesh re: Amy T. https://twitter.com/dcc_jacie/status/683808967525445633

This photo makes me think of every dream (when I'm sleeping) I've ever had where I've somehow made the team but I have NO idea what I'm doing and I KNOW I don't fit in and I wonder if anyone will notice :)  That's me on the right ;)

ETA: I'm not saying Amy doesn't know what she's doing or doesn't fit in - it's an unfortunate photograph (eek).

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 3

I have a really hard time buying the would reshoot a very expensive new DCC game intro with Danielle front and center of they didn't intend to bring Danielle back and have every confidence in her weight. They do that reshoot maybe every five years or so -- they aren't doing it with anyone who is even close to being on the fence.

They keep promos forever and snippets of old promos in new ones. Look at the MTT opening - I think it still has a girl or two from the 2 hour special 10 years ago in some shorts. Some of The stadium promos still have Cassie, Kelsi Reich, Ashton, etc and they've all been gone for several years.

I hope Danielle stays for a fifth year, and I think they like her enough to keep her one more year, but I don't think retiring or being cut factors into the promos.

I don't think any of them have quit just because roommates, rookie class members or friends quit. I'm sure they're all close just due to the amount of time spent together, but it's hard for me to think any of them would take a bullet for each other.

I'd love to see Danielle make it five years. Amy t - I think I've said before that my husband said they should trade all the other girls for ones who looked like Amy T, but since the rest are so fit and taught, she looks big. Not sure how she isn't benched either. If she isn't a one hit wonder I will be surprised.

I didn't mean Paige would quit because Danielle was released for weight or anything...I meant that maybe they are more likely to quit when their BFF does.  I honestly think that is PART of why Kelsey is retiring now.  She and Holly are BFF and Holly is leaving, and her other BFFs quit the year before.  I just think sometimes it plays in.

And your husband is right on.  She looks awesome and only doesn't so much in comparison to the twigs on the squad/the way the costume fits.

This photo makes me think of every dream (when I'm sleeping) I've ever had where I've somehow made the team but I have NO idea what I'm doing and I KNOW I don't fit in and I wonder if anyone will notice :)  That's me on the right ;)

ETA: I'm not saying Amy doesn't know what she's doing or doesn't fit in - it's an unfortunate photograph (eek).

I'm glad I'm not the only one with those dreams....but I'm also always getting weight warnings in mine too!!

Kelli was a DCC in '87 but Judy wasn't . Could she have been filling in for someone or maybe an All Star?

I think someone posted a video either here or on the old TWOP forum of the DCC on a telethon (Jerry Lewis/ MD?) and Judy was dancing in it.

Edited by MrsEVH

That looks to definitely be Judy on the far left, in the diagonal behind Kelli when the DCC are in the front of the stage. You can see her face and it looks just like her w/ the extremely long and thick blonde hair. Then when they go up to the back of the stage and dance behind the pageant girls it looks like Judy is point for a while and then she moves back and a black girl moves to point for the ending pose. If it is them - both K&J look taller than I imagined, but maybe those older uniforms had a more signicant heel than the current boots. They both had gorgeous legs.