Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

We can agree to disagree. I liked her last year too, but I don't think anyone would fight for her when girls like Erica Jenna and Holly were still up for consideration. If you go back to last year's comments (or even beginning of this year's tc) people were saying that Lacey is too lyrical and then boom this year she's killing it.

Surprisinly, rachel is the best in this group. Savanah is again out of sync.

i was just going to say, Rachel killed it and her figure looks on point too! good for her!! Molly is also fun for me to watch, I just really like her.  And also hate her for looking that great when eating junk food non stop hahaha

At least Savannah has been going to classes - i think she is well aware she is not the strongest or most powerful.  I remember how hard Caila worked going into her second year; people thought she'd be cut and she came back so strong.  I hope for the same with Savannah! 

• Love 6

New to commenting here (and this site overall) but ive been reading the forum for a while!

IMO what might happen with some of the vets.

I like Lacey and thought she was a shoe in for PBC but in the earlier years, she seemed kinda ditzy to me? Or it could have been just the way CMT edited her shots.

I think Robyn will be the next Jackie Bob, K&J have loved her from the start so maybe she will move up in the triangle.....or Cristen (s?) might if Robyn cant take the role.

I feel bad for Jinelle...it seems her fate is the same as Angela’s even though she had to go back to renew her visa. I know in an episode Angela said she returned again just to make SG....which she didnt lol

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

We can agree to disagree. I liked her last year too, but I don't think anyone would fight for her when girls like Erica Jenna and Holly were still up for consideration. If you go back to last year's comments (or even beginning of this year's tc) people were saying that Lacey is too lyrical and then boom this year she's killing it.

Surprisinly, rachel is the best in this group. Savanah is again out of sync.

Savannah can't be that bad of a dancer if she was on the Jets Flight Crew for 2 or 3 years. Maybe she has problems with the DCC choreography. I hope she'll improve and make it for another season. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Savannah can't be that bad of a dancer if she was on the Jets Flight Crew for 2 or 3 years. Maybe she has problems with the DCC choreography. I hope she'll improve and make it for another season. 

Not to put down other teams, but their standards are completely different than DCC standards. She could have been their weak link too. 

I really hate when rookies/2nd years get cut at auditions but I honestly don’t see her making it. 

• Love 5

I do not see a problem with cutting a rookie at finals especially if she should have not made the team in the first place aka Morgan, Ashley Pro, Breelan, and others who barely made the team in first place. They have a year to get it together, and if they do not bring it, then they should be cut.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Well almost none of these girls (cough Yuko cough) are bad dancers. I can't speak about Savanah's overall ability, but at least as a dcc she is always behind,messes up moves and definitely not as powerful as the others. She isn't the worst thing that has happened to dcc, but she is one of the weakest dancers on an already weak squad.

36 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not to put down other teams, but their standards are completely different than DCC standards. She could have been their weak link too. 

I really hate when rookies/2nd years get cut at auditions but I honestly don’t see her making it. 

Based on ability, I agree. But Kelli adores her (which is why she made it in the first place) so I can't see her being cut.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xMisa said:

I feel bad for Jinelle...it seems her fate is the same as Angela’s even though she had to go back to renew her visa. I know in an episode Angela said she returned again just to make SG....which she didnt lol

But unlike Angela, Jinelle has been on show group for years.

• Love 2

Once again I am in the minority camp, but I do not see being in front of the triangle as a bad thing especially after being on the team for more than three years. Yes, I am sure it can seem to be a big honor to be near the front of the triangle or being point girl, but I think the girls and the rest of the universe will survive if certain seniority girls are not near the front while performing.

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But unlike Angela, Jinelle has been on show group for years.

Lol yeah thats true. Angela cane back one last year only for show group and again didnt make it.

From the start most judges didnt really like her for her looks that much, and even (if i remember correctly) during a show group audition the SG judges still weren't sold on her making the cut.

Idk the circumstances but it sucks she has kind of been stuck in the background and 1-2 year vets are being pulled forward in the triangle. 

• Love 1

I'm disappointed that this is the first time we're seeing Savannah and Keyra taking classes. If you're on the bubble and know you're on the bubble, I'd think you'd be taking classes all year and not just when DCC prep comes around. Of course, I'm basing this on what I see on social media, but there are some DCCs who always seem to be working on their skills (Maddie, Holly, Jenna, Simone, etc.) and some you never see at those classes.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well almost none of these girls (cough Yuko cough) are bad dancers. I can't speak about Savanah's overall ability, but at least as a dcc she is always behind,messes up moves and definitely not as powerful as the others. She isn't the worst thing that has happened to dcc, but she is one of the weakest dancers on an already weak squad.

Based on ability, I agree. But Kelli adores her (which is why she made it in the first place) so I can't see her being cut.

Idc about Yuko by now, I think Kelly just keeps her around for diversity in the team. 

In the beginning I was really rooting for Savannah but as the show went (could be editing) I think Kelly only kept her just cause maybe she reminded her of Danielle. She came from the jets too and was a weak link on her 2nd year audition when the foot injury happened. (Why was she even allowed to try out if she had a fresh injury? Props to Danielle for “trying” to dance on it but it was a scapegoat i think)

I actually got pretty annoyed when Kelli said the thing about the “package” deal with Savannah and blondie friend (dont care to remember her name).

Edited by xMisa
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

None of them are bad, per se, but Savannah and Molly are both way off with timing in that video. I dont even recall Rachel or the blond. We had several really boring rookies this year. 

3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I'm disappointed that this is the first time we're seeing Savannah and Keyra taking classes. If you're on the bubble and know you're on the bubble, I'd think you'd be taking classes all year and not just when DCC prep comes around. Of course, I'm basing this on what I see on social media, but there are some DCCs who always seem to be working on their skills (Maddie, Holly, Jenna, Simone, etc.) and some you never see at those classes.

Just because we don’t see them posted doesn’t mean they aren’t working, BUT if I knew people were watching, I’d be all Victori Kalina and post every single class every single time. 

In Keyras defense, she looks 18 but has been out of college a few years and has a real Big Girl job, so she may not be able to pop into a prep class every day. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not see a problem with cutting a rookie at finals especially if she should have not made the team in the first place aka Morgan, Ashley Pro, Breelan, and others who barely made the team in first place. They have a year to get it together, and if they do not bring it, then they should be cut.

I agree with those cuts also. Although I STILL cannot wrap my head around Raylee and Heather 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Savannah is one of my absolute favorites in terms of looks and seems like an all-around good person, but IMO she needs to bring her A-game if she wants to survive finals. I think in a year with a lot of retirees, she might be in better shape. But with it looking like there aren't going to be too many retirees this season, K+J will be looking to cut some veterans to make space for extra TCC's. Glad to see she's putting in the work, though!

Just now, Katherine1904 said:

I agree with those cuts also. Although I STILL cannot wrap my head around Raylee and Heather 

Same! I was just rewatching Season 12, and Kelli specifically name drops Heather H as being one of the best rookies in one episode, and then she's promptly cut out of nowhere in the next episode. The only mistake they showed was one kick in the wrong direction at the start of the kick line. I bet K+J  have to regret that one.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree but like Shelly and many others have said, its not only based on dance skills. Who knows what other criteria cuts are based on. Kelly says a lot of comments like “I think she will be a very popular cheerleader” during TC. Again it could just be CMT editing but during auditions its shown how they want girls who “WOW” them.

I was shocked too that she got cut, the millisecond they showed of her solo it seemed like it wasnt liked. I wish there was more a tiny bit more of explanations as to why some vets are cut other than just “not bringing their A-game”. Some vets who get cut have been ones that had a big storyline in last seasons. CMT/DCC should expect them to be popular cheerleaders, Im glad they at least gace some insight as to why Holly P. left and Jenna wasnt at the HoF

Edited by xMisa
  • Love 3

I've been doing a re-watch of the entire series and still can't understand how Morgan made the team.  If it had been up to me, I would have taken Kalli Fullerton over Morgan.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, cgloss said:

In Savannah's defense, I did just look at the comments, and she posted "Thank you for such an inspiring and positive dance environment every week ??❤️?", so it doesn't sound like this is her first prep class.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i don't think Kalyssa will be on the podcast. 

From what I know of Lacey, she is not the spiteful type at all and is happy for Kash's success.  Being the star of DCC is not the end all be all for either Kashara or Lacey, 

Lacey works hard at dance/fitness and I never heard she hates Kashara, etc. Just more like she had a minute regretting that she hadn't pushed herself more toward point, bc you never know what's going to happen. 

6 hours ago, Acromantula said:

This. Did anyone else feel that Kashara seemed a bit overwhelmed with all of her roles (Group Leader, Point, Pro Bowl) in the Podcast? She mentioned several times that her "head was not in the game" at moments, particularly at the start of Pro Bowl. She also talked about how at the last game of the season she was really looking forward to going home, etc. And when she revealed that she was re-auditioning this coming year, she mentioned just wanting to enjoy the experience/being in the locker room/game day, and not be so stressed out (as I felt it was implied she had been this year). 

Honestly, I could see her being a bit relieved if they were to give Point to someone else this year, and she got to just enjoy being a regular cheerleader and not the focal centre piece of everything. 

No I don't think she seemed overwhelmed at all. Her head was not in game bc she had a miscommunication with her boyfriend. She lives thousands of miles from her family and her dad just beat cancer, so I get wanting to go home really badly. She's not at wall flower who avoids attention.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don’t get the joke, why would Lacey help Kashara burn carbs?  

The Cowboys don’t have a pool of 36 QBs though ?

Watch Mean Girls. Trust Tina Fey. Your life will be changed.

CB don't have a pool of 36 QBs, but DCC doesn't have a pool of 36 point girls, either. Y'all know I mean you don't just change rehearsed formations or plays bc every Snowflake needs a turn in the spotlight.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

No I don't think she seemed overwhelmed at all. Her head was not in game bc she had a miscommunication with her boyfriend. She lives thousands of miles from her family and her dad just beat cancer, so I get wanting to go home really badly. She's not at wall flower who avoids attention.

Bingo.  Plus Kash said as scary as it was at first, she loves a challenge.  Girl rose to the occasion & came through.

• Love 2

Jinelle might not be towards the tip of the triangle but she is usually on the side of the triangle which I would guess in Kelli and Judy eyes is still a good spot as she will be more visible than a girl within the triangle even if that girl is technically further forward. I can’t remember who the girl was but there were a lot of comments that the girl behind point last year - although it is seen as a “good” position - wasn’t actually visible most of the time (Erica?). 

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I mean you don't just change rehearsed formations or plays bc every Snowflake needs a turn in the spotlight.

That WOULD have to be a real pain in the ass.

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Trust Tina Fey.

Unfortunately, I like Tina Fey about as much as I like Amy Poehler, which is not at all!  But I'll give it a try anyway, maybe she'll surprise me!

48 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

I can’t remember who the girl was but there were a lot of comments that the girl behind point last year - although it is seen as a “good” position - wasn’t actually visible most of the time (Erica?). 

Yeah, I'm almost positive it was Erica.

That spot right behind point in Thunderstruck is SUPER VISIBLE and smack in the center of the second row btwn the point and girl next to her when they go into lines.

That was Erica's spot last year. Usually good spot for a taller girl, but Erica had then Robyn in past couple years. They're about average. 

3 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Seriously @ByTor, your repertoire of movie quotes will be filled for life after you watch Mean Girls

LOL perhaps it will, especially considering there is only one movie I quote, Spinal Tap :)

7 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

That spot right behind point in Thunderstruck is SUPER VISIBLE and smack in the center of the second row btwn the point and girl next to her when they go into lines.

That was Erica's spot last year. Usually good spot for a taller girl, but Erica had then Robyn in past couple years. They're about average. 

I think that was the problem, the view of Erica was obstructed by point girl.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Whatever. I'm getting cheese fries.

8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt victimized by Kitty Carter. 

7 hours ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

She doesn't even go here!

6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

You go, Glen Coco!

27 minutes ago, edelweiss said:

That is so fetch!

Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL perhaps it will, especially considering there is only one movie I quote, Spinal Tap :)

I think that was the problem, the view of Erica was obstructed by point girl.

Only when they're in the triangle. When the lines spread that spot is smack in the middle. JennK and Erica are about the same height but it does look better IMO with a taller girl in that spot AKA Meagan C, Lauren Williams, Tia, Nicole B, etc. 

My heart thawed a degree or two for Cassie when she and Judy were Regina George in the halo vest and her mom in the track suit for Halloween. They know people called her a Mean Girl so just embrace it. 

Keeping with current squad, Lacey is seriously not that tall. Average but just so slim she LOOKS taller esp next to Jenna who is very petite. I wouldn't call her short like say Keyra, bc Jenna is small all over. Splitting hairs I know, but the team over all was just really not that tall this year. 

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 3:07 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Rachel killed it and her figure looks on point too! good for her!!

I totally agree @LaurenBrook.  Rachel is one of those sleeper DCCs who you don't notice much in their rookie season, and then one day they just Pop! because they've mastered the DCC style and matured into the look.

Here is an example of Rachel's dancing keeping up with Jenn's (except for the very end), no easy feat.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I totally agree @LaurenBrook.  Rachel is one of those sleeper DCCs who you don't notice much in their rookie season, and then one day they just Pop! because they've mastered the DCC style and matured into the look.

Here is an example of Rachel's dancing keeping up with Jenn's (except for the very end), no easy feat.

Yeah, Rachel pops for sure. I watched her more than Jenn K in that video.

• Love 3

Sorry, but I do not see how Rachel was keeping up with Jennifer in the video. There were spots where it looks like she was behind and not completing her movements. I think Jennifer did a better job dancing.

I completely agree with everything you said. She didn’t keep up with Jenn at all- Jenn also looks cleaner and more polished. She follows through on every move. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sorry, but I do not see how Rachel was keeping up with Jennifer in the video. There were spots where it looks like she was behind and not completing her movements. I think Jennifer did a better job dancing.

To be honest, I don’t know how anyone could follow that video. Between the whiplash inducing hair flips, the wild choreography on both of their parts and the extra clothing getting in the way.  I don’t even know what’s happening, much less who is dancing better. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is this actually Maddie's choreo? I just can't get into it. 

I’m not a Gina fan, because she needs some humble pie, but she’s dancing circles around Maddie and honestly, outdancing Jenna there. Maybe she is that good. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’m not a Gina fan, because she needs some humble pie, but she’s dancing circles around Maddie and honestly, outdancing Jenna there. Maybe she is that good. 

Yeah, I was surprised by how well Gina had the style down in the video. I thought she was the best of the 3. Maddie was the worst IMO and by a lot. It just doesn't seem like "hip hop Maddie" is a natural fit. It feels forced to me. Jenna has the style, but she's a bit messy here.   

• Love 2

I don't understand Madeleine's choreo and I certainly don't get how that teaches power. Major props to Gina for making it look so...clean when that choreo could only make you look spastic. At least in Jenn's classes they totally get to taste "dcc power" and the stamina they will need.

Side note: if they ever make Gina a group leader, i will skip the whole season(s). I can't stand her and quite honestly, i think she is ugly (mostly because of her "im better than you" expressions).

edit to add: just imagine Victoria at Maddie's class...please tell me she went and we have video proof.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

To be honest, I don’t know how anyone could follow that video. Between the whiplash inducing hair flips, the wild choreography on both of their parts and the extra clothing getting in the way.  I don’t even know what’s happening, much less who is dancing better. 

Yea, the first thing Kitty Carter would say is shed those ridiculous clothes--I can hear her now--"this isn't a fashion show."

• Love 1
14 hours ago, California Girl said:

Rookie Miranda has those moments where you think, wow, she is a beautiful girl.  She also seems like a down-to-earth, good person, and she and her boyfriend are - as they say - #goals.

Miranda is one of the most fake persons on the squad.  Personality goes with her fake uniboob, nose and chin . 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Jenna and Gina make Maddie look like little girl lost. I was a fan of hers during TC during her second audition, because she killed it at finals, but she just doesn’t have the DCC thing for me.

Who doesn't have the DCC thing--Gina or Madeline?

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

At first I thought it was Kashara, and I was like "Damn! I guess she really did step it up and earn point." 

Then those last few moments I realized it was Gina,  Thankfully, I can put Kashara back in her "Good, but not standout" box where she belongs.

I've always liked Gina.  I don't ever see the need for fake humility, and I never trust the narrative the show peddles.

It's always so hard to tell which rookies are really the best because they are always in the back.  Of the three rookies that made show group she is the best IMO.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't understand Madeleine's choreo and I certainly don't get how that teaches power. Major props to Gina for making it look so...clean when that choreo could only make you look spastic. At least in Jenn's classes they totally get to taste "dcc power" and the stamina they will need.

Side note: if they ever make Gina a group leader, i will skip the whole season(s). I can't stand her and quite honestly, i think she is ugly (mostly because of her "im better than you" expressions).

edit to add: just imagine Victoria at Maddie's class...please tell me she went and we have video proof.

Keep dancing with that hat pulled over your smug mug, Gina.

Miranda is pretty but always looks trashy with her wardrobe. Like she TRIES to choose the most LA Playboy styles she can. 

• Love 1