Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Vets who are blenders, five or more pounds over their audition weight, break the rules or had bad kicks are kept on the team for various reasons. Some may be favorites of Kelli, Judy or Charlotte, less vets with three or more years in especially the last few years, not enough decent rookies, or plain ole male appeal or the majority of the fans like the girl. They can go on and on with their only the best girls make the team, but we all know that is not true.

Yeah, I think the answer is that K&J think Kashara’s good qualities outweigh low-ish kicks or periodic weight issues, assuming they think that those are problem areas for her. As mentioned earlier, lots of girls on the team fall short of the ideal in some aspect or another and make it back year after year. So while I absolutely think Kashara is a a Kelli favorite who could get away with things that other girls couldn’t, I think they overlook issues with many girls on the team. It’s not something isolated to her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I think the answer is that K&J think Kashara’s good qualities outweigh low-ish kicks or periodic weight issues, assuming they think that those are problem areas for her. As mentioned earlier, lots of girls on the team fall short of the ideal in some aspect or another and make it back year after year. So while I absolutely think Kashara is a a Kelli favorite who could get away with things that other girls couldn’t, I think they overlook issues with many girls on the team. It’s not something isolated to her.

definitely.  Ashley Nicole had some of the worst kicks EVER...like I remember even as a 3 year vet they were just bad and they still loved her and i'm pretty sure she was show group (i know she went to oxnard and a lot of events anyway).  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Here is a post from a prep/high kick class held for current DCC this week.  Maybe Maggie is planning to come back after all?

DXIDG56X0AA93Ad.jpg

No, they have to attend a certain number in their off season. Jenna was at the last one and we know she’s leaving also 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Here is a post from a prep/high kick class held for current DCC this week.  Maybe Maggie is planning to come back after all?

DXIDG56X0AA93Ad.jpg

Oh whew!! there is Tara.  I was starting to get worried not seeing her with the rest of the group as much, that she may not try to come back.  i just love her. 

don't see Kelsey tho? I'm starting to wonder if she may be done.  she used to go to all the prep classes, stuff with Michelle Keys and Stephanie DW...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

don't see Kelsey tho? I'm starting to wonder if she may be done.  she used to go to all the prep classes, stuff with Michelle Keys and Stephanie DW...

Didn't some posters say that perhaps Kelsey had surgery recently?  Bess did as well, according to some posts.  Perhaps they are both still recovering from those surgical procedures?  I did notice that Kelsey's image is being used in the audition advertisements, if that means anything.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

definitely.  Ashley Nicole had some of the worst kicks EVER...like I remember even as a 3 year vet they were just bad and they still loved her and i'm pretty sure she was show group (i know she went to oxnard and a lot of events anyway).  

Ashley Nicole from Season 8? She had knee problems, so it may have affected her kicks.

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well she's not the only one with low(er) kicks & they had (still do) way too many girls with weight issues and/or lacking technical ability. They would need to kick out half of the current team before even getting to Kashara.

Definitely! It seems like a few girls from that video aren’t exactly kicking to the moon. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Didn't some posters say that perhaps Kelsey had surgery recently?  Bess did as well, according to some posts.  Perhaps they are both still recovering from those surgical procedures?  I did notice that Kelsey's image is being used in the audition advertisements, if that means anything.

Bess had surgery, but Kelsey having a boob job is just rumors based on a push up bra. ? I dont see her auditioning again but I wish she would! She’s gotten better. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

Are you sure?

Yep, still don’t see surgery, but I don’t want to turn this into a judgement on her breasts lol. I think she’s just a victim of unnecessary editing sometimes, but in her more natural instagrams her bust is the same since her AAIA days. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

How is she on the team with her weight? I bet she gets cut at auditions this year. Really annoying they allow ‘bigger’ girls like this on the team (DCC big not real world big) but cut girls like Vivienne over their muscly thighs 

531E6B1F-FD2E-4273-BF43-29A332CE7E0D.jpeg

Didn’t she get called out for weight? It’ll be interesting to see her and Selena audition again with the warnings they got on the show. Kashara is in their company as well but likely won’t get called out on it. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Didn’t she get called out for weight? It’ll be interesting to see her and Selena audition again with the warnings they got on the show. Kashara is in their company as well but likely won’t get called out on it. 

Yep! And Stephanie and Simone if they return 

16 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If I recall correctly, KaShara looked GREAT at Pro Bowl so idk if she’s really in their company. Just my observation..

• Love 4

There has been a ton of hypocrisy on DCC. Although I absolutely love, love, loved Mckenzie Lee. She had some of the worst kicks ever!! Same with Loni from way back. They moved them from the end to second to the end to try to cover it up some because they really liked them. There was a really cute girl a few years back, hispanic I think named Mandy. She was probably the most beautiful girl I had seen, and they said she was too short. There really isn't any consistency with the DCC rules. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yep, still don’t see surgery, but I don’t want to turn this into a judgement on her breasts lol. I think she’s just a victim of unnecessary editing sometimes, but in her more natural instagrams her bust is the same since her AAIA days. 

One of the posters on this thread is friends or at least knows Kelsey, and she verified that Kelsey did get implants.

• Love 6

Mackenzie did struggle with her kicks her rookie year, but she worked hard on them. She came back for her second year with stronger kicks, and she went on to make Show Group and be an assistant group leader her third and last year.

12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

One of the posters on this thread is friends or at least knows Kelsey, and she verified that Kelsey did get implants.

I didn’t see that. 

• Love 2
On 2/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, mmm said:

I wanted to get you guys opinion on this thing I saw on the DCC insta & it really upset me.

Apparently some horse rodeo thing was happening at At &T stadium and almost of the girls were invited and attended. To me it's Animal cruelty but I am not from the south so I don't understand rodeos. But it made me feel so uncomfortable and i felt that she's girls that almost all off them has a dogs and yet they were super cool about attending this horrible thing. I couldn't even watch the 5 sec insta story. And it reminded me of that time a couple seasons when the Had a DCC event when they had a hog hunt event. Can girls say no to stuff like that if i doesn't match their beliefs. Like it they are anti-guns or they animals lover or even the thing we discussed a couple of months of ago where Kelli brought her priest, Can someone just walk out of that?

I really wanna know your opinions. 

I think rodeo is violent but it’s entertainment and it has years of history and legacy and roots in America.  However, the horses and animals are trained for those events. Many breeds are centered just on that industry. It’s kinda cool but also sad. However, it’s never going away. It’s like asking people to not light fireworks or wear red white and blue on the 4th of July—it’s so ingrained in our culture that many would be offended if it were out. I find it to be gross, and I’m from a rodeo family, I rode competitively until I graduated high school and my daughter did eventing/dressage/cross country. Animals in sports are honord. It might seem gross and it some ways, I see it and agree. Wasn’t try to cut you down or be rude—just sharing my opinion :) 

• Love 1

Keyra is another one that I was surprised made it because of weight. I think she is super cute and such a big powerful dancer, but if you are going by the DCC weight rules of the past, she is overweight. She still made it. That's why it bothers me with there being no consistency. Honestly, my daughter dances in college. You look at teams like Minnesota that are incredibly talented, and those girls have very diverse looks. Tall, short, thin, curvy, black, white, curly hair and straight. It's not their look that makes them win all the time, it's their talent.

• Love 3

I actually think Rachel has THE most amazing body. Same as Amy T did. They aren't soft. They just have hips. 

I'm starting to think that Jinelle and Lacey will return along with Kashara. That leaves one leadership spot open which I hope goes to Robyn (or Bess - but I don't know if she will come back after hip surgery). 

• Love 12
(edited)

Maybe putting girls with wider hips and a thicker builds on the team is a sign of a growing appreciation for a variety of body types, as opposed to a lack of consistency in standards.  I think Kelli is doing what the DCC have always done, which is to deliberately choose women to represent specific "looks." The tall, willowy girl, the petite pixie, the sultry brunette, the adorable girl next door, the glamorous blonde, the sporty/athletic girl, the busty girl, the smaller chested girl. Perhaps she is adjusting those categories to reflect the shift in our culture that has brought a greater appreciation for people with a little more meat on their bones, like Keyra, Amy T, Megan, etc.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I think rodeo is violent but it’s entertainment and it has years of history and legacy and roots in America.  However, the horses and animals are trained for those events. Many breeds are centered just on that industry. It’s kinda cool but also sad. However, it’s never going away. It’s like asking people to not light fireworks or wear red white and blue on the 4th of July—it’s so ingrained in our culture that many would be offended if it were out. I find it to be gross, and I’m from a rodeo family, I rode competitively until I graduated high school and my daughter did eventing/dressage/cross country. Animals in sports are honord. It might seem gross and it some ways, I see it and agree. Wasn’t try to cut you down or be rude—just sharing my opinion :) 

Some countries practice female genital mutilation. It has years of practice and a legacy (and fortunately they don’t use entertainment as an excuse) but it doesn’t make it right

• Love 2
16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

she had an augmentation.  that's not judgment that's just the truth. i think they are subtle enough that she doesn't look ridiculous.  there are at least four others who got them done while on the squad, off the top of my head so nbd. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Maybe putting girls with wider hips and a thicker builds on the team is a sign of a growing appreciation for a variety of body types, as opposed to a lack of consistency in standards.  I think Kelli is doing what the DCC have always done, which is to deliberately choose women to represent specific "looks." The tall, willowy girl, the petite pixie, the sultry brunette, the adorable girl next door, the glamorous blonde, the sporty/athletic girl, the busty girl, the smaller chested girl. Perhaps she is adjusting those categories to reflect the shift in our culture that has brought a greater appreciation for people with a little more meat on their bones, like Keyra, Amy T, Megan, etc.

I think the main reason why girls like Keyra making the team is the fact the squad is hurting due to the fact they have less girls with three or more years staying. There has been more girls with one or two years of squad experience since the mass exit in Season 5. It does look like Megan may have been called out her last year,  but it was not shown on the show. What saved her was her talent along with Amy. If they wanted to keep girls with a little more meat on the bones, Hannah from Season 9 would have not been cut, and Allie would not have been cut last season. The squad, in my opinion, has been hurting for girls with overall DCC talent for the last few years.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

she had an augmentation.  that's not judgment that's just the truth. i think they are subtle enough that she doesn't look ridiculous.  there are at least four others who got them done while on the squad, off the top of my head so nbd. 

Thank you. And I’ll add that my original post (none of my posts) were meant to judge Kelsey. I was really just inquiring on if anyone else had noticed because I hadn’t seen talk about it.

Do I think she needed them? No. Does my opinion matter? Nope. It’s her body and she’s beautiful either way.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think the main reason why girls like Keyra making the team is the fact the squad is hurting due to the fact they have less girls with three or more years staying. There has been more girls with one or two years of squad experience since the mass exit in Season 5. It does look like Megan may have been called out her last year,  but it was not shown on the show. What saved her was her talent along with Amy. If they wanted to keep girls with a little more meat on the bones, Hannah from Season 9 would have not been cut, and Allie would not have been cut last season. The squad, in my opinion, has been hurting for girls with overall DCC talent for the last few years.

Slightly disagree here. Hannah and Allie gained weight and looked heavy and soft in the middle. Rachel, Amy T have toned hourglass figures. Keyra is muscular. There is a difference. They should definitely accept more bodies like this in DCC land. Booties and hips are all the new rage. And a lot of comments on the girls pics are; eat a burger. Which is degrading because they arent too skinny, its just a sign of the times. People want to see curvier girls.  

• Love 8

Keyra looks heavier in her thighs and behind. I do not think she looks muscular. Kandi Harris has a muscular built compared to Keyra and in my opinion, was a better dancer and performer. Booties and hips may be all the new rage, but in DCC Land a girl would get cut for looking like Keyra. I do not understand why she made the team the way she looks when girls like Grace Lee Sells from Season 4 was cut, and she was in better shape and had a lot more potential of being a top notch overall DCC. Keyra should be grateful Kelli and Miss Kitty like her so much, the team is still in the rebuilding stage, and there are less three or more year vets last season.

I loved Grace Sells!!! Meghan from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the short hair that got cut because of body type. She was good too. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

Slightly disagree here. Hannah and Allie gained weight and looked heavy and soft in the middle. Rachel, Amy T have toned hourglass figures. Keyra is muscular. There is a difference. They should definitely accept more bodies like this in DCC land. Booties and hips are all the new rage. And a lot of comments on the girls pics are; eat a burger. Which is degrading because they arent too skinny, its just a sign of the times. People want to see curvier girls.  

Agreed. I don’t think there’s any comparison between Hannah and Allie and Keyra/Rachel/Amy T. Hannah was soft in the mid-section. I liked Hannah and thought she was one of the best dancers from her class, but she was out of shape compared to her rookie season, and it was clear as can be. Allie is boxy, not curvy which is a big difference, and she appeared to have gained a few pounds between her first and second year. Keyra, Rachel, and Amy are all curvy, and while each can look a bit bigger than the other girls at times, they’re not soft IMO. I do think Keyra has to be careful though. She’s short, so if she even gains a few pounds, it will likely be visible. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Hannah was also on weight probation her rookie year which I think play a part in why she was cut during Season 9. I agree with Judy when she said if they are concerned about a vet's weight at finals, the judges should consider cutting her. Why do they need to bring her back to TC in order to bring up the fact they have gained more than five pounds or do they (meaning Kelli and Charlotte) want to make an example out of the vets who gain weight during the regular season or before finals. Plus the fact they expect girls who are the same height to be around the same weight. I think that is total bull crap because each girl who are at the same height can have a different shape.

Edited by bigskygirl
Crap not chap *lol*
(edited)

The whole "you're the same height as this other girl on the team but she's 10 pounds lighter than you are so drop the weight, fatty" (not those exact words, but you get the picture) thing gets me.  No, being the same height as another girl does NOT mean that someone has to be that same weight.  It would be a better comparison to look at their heights, their builds, and their age as well as a WHOLE host of other things then "equal height - equal weight".  Judy & Kelli claim to want healthy girls who can dance on the squad, but there have been too many rumors of girls driven to eating disorders as well as too much televised emphasis on weight as well as being required to maintain a specific weight throughout one's tenure as a DCC regardless of physical changes, medical changes or other changes that a girl goes through at that age (among other things) to make that claim pretty false for Judy & Kelli.  They need to focus on being HEALTHY, HEALTHY eating/exercising and maintaining a HEALTHY weight instead of what they've been doing.

Hell, if the ballet world figured out many years ago that eating disorders and focusing on the weight/figure instead of the person inside that body/skull isn't a good thing (among other things) and have worked to change that (many companies and schools have brought in nutritionists, medical doctors that specialize in dance and psychiatrists/psychologists specializing in dancers to help their people maintain health and actually not only pull dancers out of performances and classes if they get too thin, but actually forbid them from dancing until they get back to a healthy weight and are observed for a while afterwards), then the DCC can do the same thing.  I don't think it's crossed Judy's and Kelli's mind that being skinny isn't entirely a good thing, especially if it's attained in an unhealthy manner.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4

Well they did bring in the one nutritionist who said soda drinking can lead to cellulite. *rolling eyes*

They did call Kelsey in the same night Amy Caroline was cut because some of the vets told Judy (I bet Cassie might have been one of them) Kelsey may be showing signs of an eating disorder. Of course, Amy's sister called out the fact her sister was in Urgent Care the night before cameo pictures because she was sick from trying to get the weight off, and her cut scene was heavily edited (she was nervous and saying more than yes mam.) Rumors have been floating around in Season 8 when Courtney Cook left before TC started because she was taking dangerous drugs in order to keep the weight off also. They do not want it to come out the girls may be taking dangerous drugs or be suggested to them to take dangerous drugs in order to protect the DCCs are perfect angels who would never resort to dangerous methods to lose weight. It is just a big image game to them. And the thing I find funny is Kelli was calling out viewers and fans for saying the girls are too skinny or need to lose some weight, but it is all fine and dandy for her, Charlotte, Judy, Miss Kitty or one of the judges to say the same thing because it is good for the squad's overall image. Hypocritical much Kelli!

11 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Curious -Will they adjust her weight to stay within or will it still be the 5lbs of audition weight?

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Well they did bring in the one nutritionist who said soda drinking can lead to cellulite. *rolling eyes*

They did call Kelsey in the same night Amy Caroline was cut because some of the vets told Judy (I bet Cassie might have been one of them) Kelsey may be showing signs of an eating disorder. Of course, Amy's sister called out the fact her sister was in Urgent Care the night before cameo pictures because she was sick from trying to get the weight off, and her cut scene was heavily edited (she was nervous and saying more than yes mam.) Rumors have been floating around in Season 8 when Courtney Cook left before TC started because she was taking dangerous drugs in order to keep the weight off also. They do not want it to come out the girls may be taking dangerous drugs or be suggested to them to take dangerous drugs in order to protect the DCCs are perfect angels who would never resort to dangerous methods to lose weight. It is just a big image game to them. And the thing I find funny is Kelli was calling out viewers and fans for saying the girls are too skinny or need to lose some weight, but it is all fine and dandy for her, Charlotte, Judy, Miss Kitty or one of the judges to say the same thing because it is good for the squad's overall image. Hypocritical much Kelli!

I remember reading "toxic locker room" Chelsea's comments that diet pills were rampant in the locker room. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Curious -Will they adjust her weight to stay within or will it still be the 5lbs of audition weight?

Unless she does something to really piss off Kelli and Charlotte, I seriously doubt they would cut Kelsey because she is a fan favorite and has major male appeal aka who cares if she can dance because she is so pretty.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Do fake boobs really add that much weight though? 

According to Google, a pair of 300 cc silicone implants weigh about 1.38 pounds together, and saline weighs slightly less. I have no idea what size Kelsey’s are so it just depends. I don’t think Kelli is unreasonable though and I’m sure they take breast augmentation into account when it comes to maintaining rookie weight. I’m sure they also refit girls for a new blouse afterwards. If not it could be damaging to the brand’s image if the girl doesn’t look right in her blouse, and they obviously don’t want that.

Edited by LadyWithCats
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The whole "you're the same height as this other girl on the team but she's 10 pounds lighter than you are so drop the weight, fatty" (not those exact words, but you get the picture) thing gets me.  No, being the same height as another girl does NOT mean that someone has to be that same weight.  It would be a better comparison to look at their heights, their builds, and their age as well as a WHOLE host of other things then "equal height - equal weight".  Judy & Kelli claim to want healthy girls who can dance on the squad, but there have been too many rumors of girls driven to eating disorders as well as too much televised emphasis on weight as well as being required to maintain a specific weight throughout one's tenure as a DCC regardless of physical changes, medical changes or other changes that a girl goes through at that age (among other things) to make that claim pretty false for Judy & Kelli.  They need to focus on being HEALTHY, HEALTHY eating/exercising and maintaining a HEALTHY weight instead of what they've been doing.

Hell, if the ballet world figured out many years ago that eating disorders and focusing on the weight/figure instead of the person inside that body/skull isn't a good thing (among other things) and have worked to change that (many companies and schools have brought in nutritionists, medical doctors that specialize in dance and psychiatrists/psychologists specializing in dancers to help their people maintain health and actually not only pull dancers out of performances and classes if they get too thin, but actually forbid them from dancing until they get back to a healthy weight and are observed for a while afterwards), then the DCC can do the same thing.  I don't think it's crossed Judy's and Kelli's mind that being skinny isn't entirely a good thing, especially if it's attained in an unhealthy manner.

The  ballet world has definitely made progress, but they still have a long way to go. Eating disorders are still widespread. 

That video board promotes an unhealthy DCC.... gotta be extra thin so we don’t look like a cow on the big screen. It’s very unfortunate. 

• Love 3