Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I wish that the two-hour special and both the first and second seasons were available to buy on iTunes.  I would buy them in a heartbeat (or less).

seriously can we start a petition somewhere for this?  I've never even seen the 2-hour special and I would love to have those episodes.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, raindancer said:

seriously can we start a petition somewhere for this?  I've never even seen the 2-hour special and I would love to have those episodes.

They didn’t negotiate for dvd/streaming distribution at the beginning of the show.  It cannot be done now. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

They didn’t negotiate for dvd/streaming distribution at the beginning of the show.  It cannot be done now. 

no!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am going to be so sad if I can't figure out a way to get a recording of those seasons - I'd break down and get CMT to brave all the commercials and weird web site formatting only I don't have cable and not even for the love of DCC will I consider getting Comcast again.  I loathe it with the hatred of a thousand suns.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, raindancer said:

no!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am going to be so sad if I can't figure out a way to get a recording of those seasons - I'd break down and get CMT to brave all the commercials and weird web site formatting only I don't have cable and not even for the love of DCC will I consider getting Comcast again.  I loathe it with the hatred of a thousand suns.

Try emailing lilturltlebug@hotmail.com. I got Season 2 on dvd from her.  I have the 2 hour special, season 1 and 2 on VHS tape but it was easier to get from her rather than have them transferred (they have commercials; she edited them out).  She may have the others.  I haven’t contacted her for at least two years but you never know.

• Love 4

Since we talk about the 2 hour show so much, can we as a group recreate the episode for ourselves.

i remember the blonde living at home with her parents cause she had a baby and had been DCC and wanted to try again.  Whitney Otto correct?

i remember Jersey girl.  She and the other gal, she was Hispanic both made and it and were cut next season at try outs.  There was a story there. 

That's all i remember anyone got more?

2 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Since we talk about the 2 hour show so much, can we as a group recreate the episode for ourselves.

i remember the blonde living at home with her parents cause she had a baby and had been DCC and wanted to try again.  Whitney Otto correct?

i remember Jersey girl.  She and the other gal, she was Hispanic both made and it and were cut next season at try outs.  There was a story there. 

That's all i remember anyone got more?

I remember:

* 2 vets from the 2004 squad who got cut 

* Meredith Oden tried out that year but didn't make it

* There was a girl who said she was trying out for her (10th?) time

* TCC  Elizabeth was called in and cut without any previous warnings

*TCC  Mykell who was cut because she had trouble leaning the dances. She later became Utah Jazz Dancer for a few seasons

*TCC  Deanna Hernandez was almost cut but Kelli changed her mind by the time she was called into the office.

RE: Whitney Ott:  Didn't someone say on the old TWOP boards the father of her daughter was in the band Creed (not the lead singer)?

Edited by MrsEVH
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Try emailing lilturltlebug@hotmail.com. I got Season 2 on dvd from her.  I have the 2 hour special, season 1 and 2 on VHS tape but it was easier to get from her rather than have them transferred (they have commercials; she edited them out).  She may have the others.  I haven’t contacted her for at least two years but you never know.

Thank you so much, I'll give it a shot - hope she isn't weirded out by getting an email from a total stranger!!  Lol

I love the DCC and because of that I tolerate the Cowboys (even though they were very obnoxious when they were successful in the 90's).  When it comes to the NFL, my favorite team is whoever is playing New England cause I hate them more than I "like" any other team.  I really hope Atlanta can take them out in the SB.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I love the DCC and because of that I tolerate the Cowboys (even though they were very obnoxious when they were successful in the 90's).  When it comes to the NFL, my favorite team is whoever is playing New England cause I hate them more than I "like" any other team.  I really hope Atlanta can take them out in the SB.

I'm from New England so I'm rooting for them, but I honestly wouldn't even be mad if Atlanta wins. They're both awesome.

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

When it comes to the NFL, my favorite team is whoever is playing New England cause I hate them more than I "like" any other team.  

That's how I feel about the Eagles & the Steelers.

I know Meredith Oden tried out in season one and didn't make training camp. Not sure if she also tried out the year before (two year special) as I haven't seen it. She tried out again in season two and made the team.

On January 18, 2017 at 7:10 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG Erika's shirt. The hell. I always got SUCH a princess vibe when she said to Kelli "I'm mostly just offended that you didn't like my solo". Girl, you're in no position to be offended. Ya gained weight, ya rested on your laurels and ya looked lazy.

Right! When you make it into TC your solos are water under the bridge. 

Guys the quickest way to have someone's eyes on a post you think is objectionable is to click report and then mods can take a look at it. 

The quickest way to make this thread go away is to get politics in it. So think of this thread as chocolate and politics as peanut butter, if I see a Reese's cup in here it will kill the entire thread. 

So please keep this a politics free zone.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Caila has an Instagram story showing her running and she's looking more toned.  Plus, she's been in dance classes.  I wonder if she'll audition for DCC or DMD again this year!

I would love to see her make a comeback story. I think she's learned her lesson.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Caila has an Instagram story showing her running and she's looking more toned.  Plus, she's been in dance classes.  I wonder if she'll audition for DCC or DMD again this year!

I am on team #comebackCaila. Last year about this time she was looking a bit heavier, a bit bloated and had become clunky in her dancing. This year she no longer has that bloat, is tone, and is dancing very nicely. I think she is better now than last year. I wish her the best. I would just advise not dancing next to Maddie, lol...

• Love 6
On 1/18/2017 at 11:28 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The DCC Instagram has highlights from Sunday's halftime show.  My unpopular opinion - some of the girls looked heavier in the hip hop outfits, but looked fine in their DCC uniform.  I think some of the pants and shorts didn't do them any favors.

I saw a clip of Cersten, and she was killing it, but I think she would've looked better without the capris and long sleeved shirt. I can't remember the parameters of the unpopular opinions, but... I don't think Caila should try out again. I liked her the first year, but her immaturity came through and I still see that in her clips and pictures. I also don't like Mary's look, and I honestly can't say why. I just keep thinking back to one of her swimsuit photos where she looked like a mannequin.

• Love 2

Idk if this is unpopular or not, but Caila is just not my cup of tea. Her dancing tends to come off as "trying too hard to make this pop"

Edited by heatherrrrz
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I am *NOT* a Caila fan. I don't feel the Caila love, never have. I just don't think she's got what it takes. Upstairs or in the bod department. Her dance, to me always looks clunky, to quote the ladies.

She's just not that fun to watch, she's just always looking like she's trying too hard and that's a turn off.

I am also one who doesn't find Mary particularly attractive. Actually looking back on her rookie season, I'm pretty sure she was my least favorite that year looks wise. She is a good dancer though and seems to be a really nice person.

Not a fan of Caila either. Her look does nothing for me. I don't find her face particularly attractive, and she's always come across to me as immature and just kind of vain. I could be completely wrong of course, but social media says a lot these days.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
On 1/25/2017 at 2:33 PM, radishcake said:

Guys the quickest way to have someone's eyes on a post you think is objectionable is to click report and then mods can take a look at it. 

The quickest way to make this thread go away is to get politics in it. So think of this thread as chocolate and politics as peanut butter, if I see a Reese's cup in here it will kill the entire thread. 

So please keep this a politics free zone.

But peanut butter cups are soooo good!  I think politics should be looked at as liver and the thread onions (because onions are good and liver, to put it mildly, is not)  :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG MARY IS A GODDESS! Nope. Not according to the hubby either. He's like "She's.....OKAY. I just don't think she's that great".

57 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I am also one who doesn't find Mary particularly attractive.

Yeah, I'm with Mr. Quitecontrarymoni and Oranaiche on this.  I don't think there's anything wrong with Mary, and I'm glad to see a small chested woman not go implant crazy, but I think she's just ok.

• Love 2

Caila looked better on the Stephanie Instagram that was posted on another page.  So...

I love that Whitney said she was a personal assistant.  A surprise really.  An interesting choice considering her time was so limited being with the DCC.

6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Caila looked better on the Stephanie Instagram that was posted on another page.  So...

I love that Whitney said she was a personal assistant.  A surprise really.  An interesting choice considering her time was so limited being with the DCC.

I'm thinking she was probably a part-time personal assistant to someone the Cowboys hooked her up with so she could be Super DCC. Probably Kelli or Charlotte or somebody. I doubt if there was very much Devil Wears Prada personal assisting.

• Love 1

I'm very lukewarm on Caila. In all the videos posted, I never think she's the worst one there, but I never think she's the best one either. If she shows up, I'll definitely root for her to make it back to training camp, but if she doesn't, I won't miss her.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I love to loathe Caila.

What I love even more is when someone I love to loathe comes back, shit fully in line, knocking it outta the park, and shutting my ass up while I do a 180 and a happy dance for them. Megan, Amy, Caila. These girls are the ones, to me, that are circling the bowl of my brain, but it's completely within their power to Bring. It. On. I'd love to eat my words. And a pizza. Isn't pizza great?

Pizza, pizzzzzaaaa...

Pizza is to mortals what ambrosia was to Greek Gods. In fact, I'm sure Pizza is actually stolen ambrosia from Mount Olympus. 

Omg that video of Sam, that's so funny. They included her because she was a Junior DCC? Nah, try because her mom is the director.

47 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Omg that video of Sam, that's so funny. They included her because she was a Junior DCC? Nah, try because her mom is the director.

Shelly's daughter is included in the Part 1. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 1

Guess this belongs here, which is really appalling, but it's seriously messed up to pick on a teenage girl because her mother is the director of a team we all love, or to say that mother shouldn't comment about the appearance of others because of the way her daughter looks or doesn't look.  It's both irrelevant and mean.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, raindancer said:

Guess this belongs here, which is really appalling, but it's seriously messed up to pick on a teenage girl because her mother is the director of a team we all love, or to say that mother shouldn't comment about the appearance of others because of the way her daughter looks or doesn't look.  It's both irrelevant and mean.

This, I like Sam and she's really grown into a beautiful young woman.

10 minutes ago, raindancer said:

With you on this one. I think Sam is beautiful, and while she might not have the DCC figure now, I'm sure she knows what she needs to do down the road if she wants to audition. Until she shows up at auditions unprepared, I'm not going to judge her.

I also love Cassie T, and am personally really glad that she was around for her five seasons, because I thought she brought a different brand of humor and a cute personality to the table.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I feel like I just caught my mother masturbating. The level of horror is the same. I love you anyway.

Lol, I knew you wouldn't like that, but our love is strong enough to overcome this difference of opinion. My best friend in real life loves Taylor Swift and I can't stand her. We just don't talk about it.

1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Oy.

I hope we can still be friends. ?

• Love 1

I might get some rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but I never understood current DCC Kelsey's appeal. Maybe she gets on my nerves a little because they focused on her so much last year on the show, but in my opinion, I think she made the team for her looks and the fact she aced her interview. She might be the next victim in the Kelli's "we are giving her a chance because she has potential" one year and done curse.

Agreed. Kelsey is pretty, but she's one of those girls who "talked her way on to the team". Girls like that end up struggling and having to fight for a second year. Ok another unpopular opinion, Im not crazy about retired cheerleaders plastering their DCC pics all over Insta. I'm talking girls who post a pic every game day like they're still on the team. There is a life after DCC and it looks like they're stuck in the glory days. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

Ok another unpopular opinion, Im not crazy about retired cheerleaders plastering their DCC pics all over Insta. I'm talking girls who post a pic every game day like they're still on the team. There is a life after DCC and it looks like they're stuck in the glory days. 

I don't think that opinion is terribly unpopular ? I can see 3-4 max per season. Once at the beginning of football season referencing the glory days, maybe one in costume for Halloween, same for Christmas and then maaaaaaaybe playoffs? Maybe? Even then probably not since many of the cheerleaders don't have a #tbt for playoffs. Sorry Cowboys fans! 

Sometimes I think Schram and Caila are still on the squad. All have 10+ flashback pics since August. Comparatively, Nicole Bulcher has six, most of them telling a story. I.E., here I am with Simone Biles back when I was a cheerleader. Here I am with the two other DCC who are working at my Bar Method Franchise. She's got a big life outside of DCC that still nicely integrates that part of her history. 

Edited by kalibean
Taking out Ashley Pro, who didn't have as many as I thought. lol.
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, raindancer said:

When someone is constantly shredding girls you open yourself to criticism and people are going to look at you and the people around you.

44 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

Im not crazy about retired cheerleaders plastering their DCC pics all over Insta. I'm talking girls who post a pic every game day like they're still on the team. There is a life after DCC and it looks like they're stuck in the glory days. 

Neither am I.  Brittney Schram IMO is one of the worst (no secret I unpopularly find her overrated and annoying)...ironic considering in the season when she was cut she gave the "this doesn't define me" speech.  Apparently that's one of the few things that define her.

• Love 1