Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

That girl hadn't had a SINGLE dance class before she was a DCC!!

just....wow.  I had no idea.  I mean granted I don't know much of anything about dance except I love to watch it and make my own embarrassing attempts when I can (although I am totally Michelle Keyes in my daydreams), but I'd have thought she'd been one of those training since she was a little girl.  It's been years and she still is one of the first that comes to mind for me when I think of what a spectacular dancer moves like.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

LOLOLOL!! Once, when I was utterly wasted, I had to pee. And we were all walking by a pine tree (surely you can see where this is heading). So, of course, having no inhibitions, there I go, by the tree. Welp, who drives by in her green minivan? Mom! My friend goes "Your mom must be SO proud".

OMG, that is too funny.  And I love your friend.

19 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ah you're right, that may be Brittany! Her hair is always in her face so I can't tell LOL 

I was always meh about Trish Trevino but loveeee Crystal!! She just seemed dynamite and didn't love her mullet, but she still rocked it!! 

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Nicole is still so freaking HOT?! 

https://www.instagram.com/nikki1124/

Yes that was Brittany.  That was a great squad of vets!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

THIS is my all-time favorite can watch it a million times DCC performance. The music, costumes, and that SQUAD. They don't build squads like that anymore. Although Sorenson looks like she had xanax for breakfast. STILL love.

@QuiteContraryMoni I will give you that the squad is beautiful, charismatic, incredibly talented, fun to watch, and those ladies were in perfect shape.  The current squad looks "normal" by comparison.  But the choreography then, as compared to now, was somewhat quaint and simplistic.  

• Love 1

I loved those girls. I feel like we knew them better than the girls of today who, ironically, have tons of social media to show their personalities.  Such a shame.  

"Yeah wasn't she in the back? Or was that Carey DePasquale? I sometimes got those two beautiful brunettes confused...."

QuiteContraryMoni - my quote box isn’t working but I think it was either Michelle Keys or Jordan Baum. 

4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Who is it on this board that doesn't worship Nicole Hamilton? It always makes me laugh because she will *NOT* be swayed, and I'm always trying to convince her. @ByTor is it you??

Haha nope, not me!  To be honest, I have no opinion on her, I never watched her, but I'll take everyone's word for it that she's great.  Vegas is so competitive that she had to be really good to get a show.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Haha nope, not me!  To be honest, I have no opinion on her, I never watched her, but I'll take everyone's word for it that she's great.  Vegas is so competitive that she had to be really good to get a show.

She is THAT good/great!!!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And she's just so consistent. Point girl all day.

*goes to youtube to find more videos of her*

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm with BYTOR ... don't know enough to have opinion

• Love 1

A few other users suggested the idea of starting a topic of unpopular opinions: DCCs and TCCs.

This is NOT a topic specifically to bash current or former DCCs & TCCs. Just to discuss your unpopular opinions.

Please be kind.

Edited by Teriyaki Terror
  • Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

THIS is my all-time favorite can watch it a million times DCC performance. The music, costumes, and that SQUAD. They don't build squads like that anymore. Although Sorenson looks like she had xanax for breakfast. STILL love.

Whose the girl behind Brooke and between Trisha and Megan S? Is that Michelle?  Brooke doesn't seem to be dancing that much slower to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

A few other users suggested the idea of starting a topic of unpopular DCCs and TCCs.

How about a snappy title like "I love Cassie...Unpopular DCC Opinions" :)

• Love 7

I liked how Cassie engaged with her fans on social media and she seems like an adorable mom / daughter.  Not fully on the hatin' Cassie train.

Not a fan of Sydney - she seems so full of herself.

Not a fan of Emily Snake Eyes ... she just scares the sht out of me when she dances. That face!

Kick Megan off of the team.  Full stop.

Liked Chelsea ... she was kinda hilarious.

Didn't think anything was wrong w/ Taylor .. thought she didn't get a fair shake

• Love 4

I can't think of any DCC's that I dislike.  Now TCC's - it's not that I disliked any of them.  I just got frustrated with some of them:

Taylor - if she would just have taken it more seriously and not rubbed the vets the wrong way (ie - Ashley takes the time to help you, show up on time!)

Amy S - making the team would be a dream, but it shouldn't have taken over her life like it did.  And if it really had been your dream, then you should have paid attention to previous episodes or this board:)  She was surprised how fast they went and how many dances they learned, she was unprepared for kick line and jump splits

Any TCC that was told to work on something and didn't until it came down to the wire - I can see why Judy got frustrated

Any TCC that didn't take the extra help seriously - you can say what you want about Melissa, but the girl gave good advice.  Or Victoria in Season 2 saying she didn't need Jay's help to lose the weight

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I liked how Cassie engaged with her fans on social media and she seems like an adorable mom / daughter.  Not fully on the hatin' Cassie train.

Not a fan of Sydney - she seems so full of herself.

Not a fan of Emily Snake Eyes ... she just scares the sht out of me when she dances. That face!

Kick Megan off of the team.  Full stop.

Liked Chelsea ... she was kinda hilarious.

Didn't think anything was wrong w/ Taylor .. thought she didn't get a fair shake

Daaaaaand don't sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

How about a snappy title like "I love Cassie...Unpopular DCC Opinions" :)

Ha, I think it would single her out for some bashing though. 

13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't think of any DCC's that I dislike.  Now TCC's - it's not that I disliked any of them.  I just got frustrated with some of them:

Taylor - if she would just have taken it more seriously and not rubbed the vets the wrong way (ie - Ashley takes the time to help you, show up on time!)

Amy S - making the team would be a dream, but it shouldn't have taken over her life like it did.  And if it really had been your dream, then you should have paid attention to previous episodes or this board:)  She was surprised how fast they went and how many dances they learned, she was unprepared for kick line and jump splits

Any TCC that was told to work on something and didn't until it came down to the wire - I can see why Judy got frustrated

Any TCC that didn't take the extra help seriously - you can say what you want about Melissa, but the girl gave good advice.  Or Victoria in Season 2 saying she didn't need Jay's help to lose the weight

Amy S, most of the TCC are unprepared for the kick line and jump splits.

Victoria from season 2, As much as he annoys me...Jay gets you where you need to be. I can't believe she never asked him for help. 

OK guys I'm going to allow this thread but keep in mind that you have your opinion and others have theirs so NO sniping back and forth in here. There's a reason it's called unpopular opinions. Snark away and have fun but don't fight. ?

• Love 7

Unpopular opinion = Make them do a jump split and kick their nose at auditions. First thing. If they can't do it, show them the door.

I don't care how cute or endearing a girl is, the kick line is the defining factor of DCC, and the jump split is the WOW ending of their signature dances. DCC has been kicking for 40+ years. If a girl doesn't know she can't kick and doesn't have the sense to learn to do a jump split before auditions, she is not prepared. The end. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Unpopular opinion = Make them do a jump split and kick their nose at auditions. First thing. If they can't do it, show them the door.

I don't care how cute or endearing a girl is, the kick line is the defining factor of DCC, and the jump split is the WOW ending of their signature dances. DCC has been kicking for 40+ years. If a girl doesn't know she can't kick and doesn't have the sense to learn to do a jump split before auditions, she is not prepared. The end. 

Exactly!!  Every year there is a girl who has the look and can dance, but then she can't do the jump split or kicks.

I liked Courtney Cook, but something about her was a little high maintenance.  She only ate white foods, never had a berry in her life, stuff like that. 

My unpopular opinions

1. Melissa Rycroft is the worst part of this show.  Her one on one segments with the girls is like nails on a chalkboard 

2. Kat was one of the most unattractive DCCs of all time

3.  Phil annoys me and he's not funny or endearing 

4. I loved that Mormon dance teacher that came in last year and yelled at Angela.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

My unpopular opinions

1. Melissa Rycroft is the worst part of this show.  Her one on one segments with the girls is like nails on a chalkboard 

2. Kat was one of the most unattractive DCCs of all time

3.  Phil annoys me and he's not funny or endearing 

4. I loved that Mormon dance teacher that came in last year and yelled at Angela.  

I think most everyone agrees with you on #1 lol and I definitely agree with you on #2

How could I have forgotten Melissa?  YES YES YES ... get rid of her please!!  Seriously!  If anyone should give advice, it should be the more recent and successful vets!

Kat ... she seems sweet but a tad desperate.  Maybe it's because she's in her 30s but I feel like telling her to move on with her life

...and I don't know why but I get a tad annoyed w/ all the DCCs that transition from cheerleader to wife to mom with seemingly no other ambitions.  Perhaps that leads me to likely the most unpopular opinion ... Paige annoys the --- out of me

• Love 1

here goes my unpopular opinion lists

1) i never thought brittney schram was pretty.

2) abigail klein was a mediocre dancer imo

3) Rachel Leanne was one of the most unattractive dccs of all time-sorry,not sorry.

4) Jessica Allison was one of the most underrated dccs! she was gorgeous.

5) Morgan never bothered me

6) I do not get the danielle love....at all.

7) Courtney cooke never should have made the team-mediocre dancing and super annoying.

8) Whitney isleib and Nicole hamilton were the best dcc of all time.

9) Maddie drives me nuts, i dont know why lol

10) Megan looks like a man to me.

i'll see myself out now lol.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, lindsayz18 said:

here goes my unpopular opinion lists

1) i never thought brittney schram was pretty.

2) abigail klein was a mediocre dancer imo

3) Rachel Leanne was one of the most unattractive dccs of all time-sorry,not sorry.

4) Jessica Allison was one of the most underrated dccs! she was gorgeous.

5) Morgan never bothered me

6) I do not get the danielle love....at all.

7) Courtney cooke never should have made the team-mediocre dancing and super annoying.

8) Whitney isleib and Nicole hamilton were the best dcc of all time.

9) Maddie drives me nuts, i dont know why lol

10) Megan looks like a man to me.

i'll see myself out now lol.

I love this ... Agree with about 90% of this including the unpopular-est ones lol