Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Now I can't remember who the last gal was - if she was wearing a green costume, that was Sara Clay.  The white costume was Melissa Kellerman. 

The 2nd last one was  Alyssa Sarasani in the black tutu.

In the slo mo video, the last one was Kelli Jo and her solo was pretty bad, I can see why she didn't make it back for another year.

I wonder if you HAVE to take part in this? Firstly some of the stockier girls may not look so good.. but secondly and mainly, it looks like it would be awful to do.

I certainly wouldn't want to be walking down the catwalk with my entire butt cheeks sticking out!!
Was it Kelsey that was being followed by the cameraman with the steady cam? That just looked so humiliating having someone literally filming your butt as you walked along.  :(

Oh my Goodness. That was so tacky and cheesy. Are they expecting anyone to actually be looking at the "fashion" behind the swimsuits? It's clearly raunchy..not so "world class" if you ask me.

Also..

Caila and Ashley have terrible walks, and Jenna just looks like a kid.

Yikes. Just got a chance to watch the fashion show clip. So tacky. And Breelan and Ashley Pro both looked pretty bad, both in their bodies and their walks. Not only did Breelan have a gut, but it looked like she was walking with her butt pushed back and her stomach pushed forward. Not cute.

I actually thought Jenna was one of the best in walk and runway presence.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Yeah, wow - that was pretty degrading - like one step away from a strip show :/. Certainly not a "girl next door" type of look, even though all of their bodies looked amazing IMO (high heels can certainly correct a lot of issues).

I feel an all bathing suit show is really tacky even if you took away the boots and the stripper music - it would be so much better if they alternated between bathing suits and other beach wear, or at least wore cover-ups. 30 girls walking down a runway all in string bikinis and heels, that is just not a "fashion show".

Terrible.  What the EFF are Judy and Kelli thinking??? Just so trashy and how pointless when all the suits are basically the same anyway.  

The last two girls had on different style suits (not bikinis). I wonder why.

Okay, so I just had to go to YouTube to watch it a bit bigger so I could actually see who the girls were lol!

Agreed about Ashley Pro, she looks awful.. it pains me to say it because I really liked her on MTT, but she looks stocky and soft and her walk is terrible, her arms are sort of swinging like a gorilla :(

Janelle is so lean - like spaghetti!! - she looked great though and Holly has the most beautiful face and smile.

I thought Jacie looked gorgeous and walked really well.

Watching it a second time though .. the music.. just awful. Really stripper-ish. It actually made me sad. Especially for girls like Caila, who seemed quite young on MTT. It must be difficult doing things like this if you are quite young.. it looked a bit like a meat market. I know they show the same amount in the bikini shoots, but that is in front of a professional photographer.. this was like walking in front of a bunch of dirty old men :(

• Love 1

I give the girls grace on their walks in this 'fashion show.'  I am a pretty graceful person but I think I'd look a mess in something like that too because of ALL THE AWKWARD.  If my butt was hanging out and I had to pause for everyone to stare at me at the end of the runway, I'd be trying to get off that stage ASAP. 

Jinelle is the only one who looked really great to me because the lights were so harsh they made everyone look bright white and heavy but she looked good.  I think it's impossible for Holly to look bad and I think Paige and Jasmine were the others that I thought walked well and looked pretty. 

• Love 1

Paige walked really well IMO and stood out to me in that respect. I can normally snark about the things that are less than perfect about these ladies" bodies (who all look 100 times better than I have for more than a decade - btw, haha ;)) when I watch the show or see Twitter pics or videos, but I honestly thought all their bodies looked smoking hot in that show. I think even the ones who are stockier still looked great - it's the heels no doubt cause they lengthen their legs and 5" more height makes everyone look thinner. Another thing is they usually have tights on in the show and I always thought those hid a lot of imperfections on them (like cellulite and less than toned upper thighs), after watching this video I am actually more impressed w/ their fitness levels.

The show was still sleazy and degrading though. I wonder who most of the people in the audience were?

Edited by MyFavShows

This is not a fashion show. This is women greased up in the same skimpy bikini and hooker boots walking a run way. It's sleazy and vulgar.

They could easily have a real fashion show, or even bikini modeling without those hideous boots and some cute bikinis, but it's 'styled' as a T&A show on purpose. Shame on them for trying to make anyone think otherwise. 

Kelli has said it the past it is Cowboys front office and marketing sponsors, which to me is definitely out of what makes it a little gross.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that when Jerry Jones took over, Kelli almost left, because he wanted to turn the DCC into less 'wholesome' and far more hookery?  IMO, most of the DCC defenders and fans who actually pay fore the merchandise are FEMALES who enjoy the performances and glamour. We don't want skanky hoes from a music video gyrating at halftime. Also, skankifying the cheerleaders takes the family-friendly element out of pro sports, which I hate. 

In regards to the fashion show...yike! Only Holly and Jinelle, aka stick figures, looked slamming under all those harsh lights. 

Off topic question but... where does one buy a sidelines calendar? Is it something that you have to go to games to purchase?

If you do a Google search, there are articles dating back to when Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys (in 1989, I think) and the director of the cheerleaders at the time and all of the veteran cheerleaders quit because of some comments he made about them/changes he wanted to make/something.  He backpedaled and the cheerleaders stayed but not certain about the director.  Kelli became the director two years later.

• Love 1

LOLOLOL is this for real???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2p0eVG-Fvg

Yeah...I always find that video hard to watch. It doesn't help that she mouths the words to the entire damn song while dancing. Someone said a while back that that first girl either made camp or made the squad. I'm pretty sure she was on the team but I might be remembering wrong. Just goes to show how much the standards have changed.

ETA looked it up and she did not make the team, so that makes more sense, heh.

My other thought on that video is that it seems so dated, it's hard to believe it's only from 2002. If someone showed me that video and asked me what year it was from, I would probably have guess mid 90's, but I guess for mid 90's the hair would have been bigger!

Edited by Oranaiche

Off topic question but... where does one buy a sidelines calendar? Is it something that you have to go to games to purchase?

http://www.calendars.com/Dallas-Cowboys/Dallas-Cowboy-Cheerleaders-Wall-Calendar/prod201500009084/?categoryId=cat00489&seoCatId=cat00489

That's where I always buy the calendars from, they have all of the calendars available.

But I think they might also be available on the cowboys actual website shop too.

Edited by NFLSweethearts

Yeah...I always find that video hard to watch. It doesn't help that she mouths the words to the entire damn song while dancing. Someone said a while back that that first girl either made camp or made the squad. I'm pretty sure she was on the team but I might be remembering wrong. Just goes to show how much the standards have changed.

ETA looked it up and she did not make the team, so that makes more sense, heh.

My other thought on that video is that it seems so dated, it's hard to believe it's only from 2002. If someone showed me that video and asked me what year it was from, I would probably have guess mid 90's, but I guess for mid 90's the hair would have been bigger!

Right?! I was like, dear goodness, if she makes it I could be team captain LOL  DId you see Kelli at the very end? WOW!!! She was so teeny and so YOUNG!  It reminds me tho that she really has aged very well overall. 

And yes, it looked like something from the 90s, not early 2000s! 

I'm sure most people have seen this already but this was a fun watch...I was always interested what the USO shows were like.  The girls that year were so gorgeous...I was surprised at how beautiful Evan Anderson looked.  I thought people said K&J didn't like her look so I was expecting like meh but she looked awesome! 

I'd still have all the awkward performing some of those routines for a bunch of lonely men.  God bless them but I could not lol 

Edited by LaurenBrook

Damn.  Watching Cassie perform and it is not pretty.  She is next to Ashton, who is performing her heart out and Cassie is just going through the moves. She also missed some arm movements toward the end.  Not good.

• Love 1

Damn.  Watching Cassie perform and it is not pretty.  She is next to Ashton, who is performing her heart out and Cassie is just going through the moves. She also missed some arm movements toward the end.  Not good.

I don't think Cassie stands out as the worst though.  I was surprised at how weak Kelsi seemed to be! Maybe she was just exhausted, being the last show of the tour, but geez, even her smile didn't seem genuine (though she was clearly a favorite of the guys' LOL)  there were just some really awesome performers in that group...Brittany, Ashton, Crystal, Evan, Whitney...

That I love rock and roll girl had a really nice figure and face though - maybe she was just a victim of "bad choreography" (or a practical joke by someone who convinced her that J&K would love that solo) - lol. However, as I was watching it I was thinking "God this is awful and embarrassing for her, but she may actually have a shot at getting in cause look at her".

Who was bounced for fraternizing?

IIRC it was Jennifer McMahon. Something about the Bahamas trip and hanging out at a party with players. She was supposed to be at the end of year banquet and I believe she wasn't included.

I cannot believe that the I Love Rock & Roll girl made it into training camp!  Blows my mind.  

She's very pretty. BUT - that seriously looks like a dance I would've made up in the living room when I was 10. I kept waiting for the actual choreography to start, and it never did. Why, oh why, did they use that specific clip, when they had other really amazing DCC and some spectacular dancers (Whitney Ott)?

• Love 2

I have used Shazam, musixmatch, sound hound and will not pick up on the song from Season 8 third episode where its their first and second night of dance.  Some of the lyrics are "I'm flying upside side - never seem to touch the ground - I'm in a free fall"  does anyone recognize the lyrics??? Thanks!