Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Blackout

• Start Topic

Frankie is the worst. She perfectly understands boundaries, she just chooses to ignore them. If she was my kid, the "new" phone I'd get her would be a late-90s style dumb phone.

Is Jeff and Sunny's daughter really named Sorrow? Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

• Love 9

The scene where Sam had her hand over Jeff's mouth and kept saying "no" was painful to watch. I could barely stand it. It must have been excruciating to film.

I think Robin probably is too sensitive a person for Sam.

Max is a annoyingly whiney and not very mature. She should not be in charge of the other girls over night. I'm surprised that Frankie doesn't give her a hard time for her overreactions to everything.

I wonder of the Sepinwall recap will begin with "as soon as I find a lavender suit at the DIY...."

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Is Jeff and Sunny's daughter really named Sorrow? Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Or they shouldn't have naming rights.

• Love 2

What was that last scene suppose to be?

Sure he's the asshole ex of Sam's best friend but is Sam much of a prize either, especially with those daughters?

She sounds like  Bobby Hill and is a mean smurfette.  She should be greatful for some interest.

It's not like the guy took a complete stab in the dark, she was kind of feeling him for a minute until he moved in.

Of course they had to vilify and scapegoat him for the whole situation by having him make the remark about tasting his dick.

• Love 5

I thought Frankie deliberately antagonized Sam in order to get a new phone, but that's probably just me giving her credit for too much planning.

The lavender suit conversation really should tip them off that something is wring with Phil and she's not just quirky and annoying.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought Frankie deliberately antagonized Sam in order to get a new phone, but that's probably just me giving her credit for too much planning.

No, you're right, that 's what Sam figured out, too, after she apologized and left Frankie's room.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

The lavender suit conversation really should tip them off that something is wring with Phil and she's not just quirky and annoying.

I thought she had been saying stuff like this for awhile, not just recently.

• Love 1

Sorrow, a name?  Oh dear.  And I thought Sunshine and Harmony were weird names (Susan Saint James, circa 1970's.)

Running into Robin, and having him say he misses her, just made Sam look really mean for not telling him earlier she didn't want a relationship, and leaving him hanging.  

I'll keep watching, to see where this all leads.

• Love 2

I liked this episode, especially the scene in the truck. Sam and Jeff both were feeling it but it wouldn’t have been a good idea and would likely have caused all sorts of isssues. But Sam was still headed there until he had to talk about his dick.

I don’t know why Sam’s daughters were so freaked out about a power blackout. Nor why a power blackout triggered phone warnings and the siren.

And Robin turned out to be what I thought he was when he was depicted as understanding Sam’s poor road trip behavior.. an over sensitive wuss who is a little scary.  Sam dodged a bullet.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

an over sensitive wuss who is a little scary.  Sam dodged a bullet.

This is perfect. His creepy silent treatment on their first date would have sent me away, screaming. Instead, the as usual, tone deaf show was playing it all like ''SURPRISE he's not a crazy, high maintenance creep he's just SENSITIVE''. Nope.

The scene in the truck had that cloying, precious Louis CK stink all over it.

• Love 3

Yeah that reminds me of the Louie scene where Melissa Leo jumps on his face and demands that he perform.

Maybe this kind of stuff goes on when comics go on tour or something.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DiabLOL said:

The scene in the truck had that cloying, precious Louis CK stink all over it.

Yes.  In fact, it made me wonder if it's one of his "pickup" lines.

*which is one way to refer to what he's rumored to do.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

*which is one way to refer to what he's rumored to do.

I had similar thoughts.

Before I ever heard any rumors I was already rolling my eyes at him by the last season of ''Louie". Just saying that because it's not the only thing informing my opinions of his work.

• Love 2

I liked the episode. It feels as if some happiness is creeping into Sam's world view; like she's slowly getting control of her life back.

I enjoyed the "No" scene to see the actors' work. I like the peeps into Sam's actor life.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Ottis said:

I don’t know why Sam’s daughters were so freaked out about a power blackout.

They were watching “World Without People” which speculates what happens when the human race is annihilated, so maybe that was the mindset they were in. Plus, all this talk about North Korea (not sure when the ep was filmed.)

This ep makes me want to re-watch the ep in the first season where Sam and Jeff have a fight when she comes over to Sunny’s house. There’s some backstory about Sam running away from home and Sunny’s family taking her in for a while.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Ottis said:

I liked this episode, especially the scene in the truck. Sam and Jeff both were feeling it but it wouldn’t have been a good idea and would likely have caused all sorts of isssues. But Sam was still headed there until he had to talk about his dick.

I liked it, too. At first, I thought the whole "No" business was going on for way too long until I realized that Sam was admonishing herself as much as she was Jeff. And her relief after he broke the spell with his dick remark...that was perfect. Sometimes you really just need to be saved from yourself. 

Edited by Pamela
  • Love 5

I have to say, the way everyone calls the kid "Sorrow" as though it's just any name, like "Susan" or "Anne," is the most impressive acting I've seen on this show. I don't think I could do it, even after 100 takes. It's the funniest thing so far this season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I have to say, the way everyone calls the kid "Sorrow" as though it's just any name, like "Susan" or "Anne," is the most impressive acting I've seen on this show. I don't think I could do it, even after 100 takes. It's the funniest thing so far this season.

At least her name is not "Regret," but it still stinks.

• Love 2

I once knew of a child named Vendetta. And Marijuana. And Thundasia. Sorrow is a terrible name that she's almost destined to live up to, but there are odder names.

I thought I'd missed an episode when it was clear that Sam had ghosted Robin/Elliott, but I guess this is how we found out. I liked him, and he was cute, but he was too senstiive by a million miles for Sam. Who sure got over being so into him fast.

The NoNoNoNoNoNO scene was interminable.

• Love 1

The most unusual name for someone I actually met is Andromeda.  She explained that her parents were hippies, and then said, "call me Annie."

I remember an episode of Louie that featured Gideon Adlon.  I myself have an either/or name, but Gideon's a new one on me.  I can only think of the Beatle's song,

"Rocky Racoon" and the line about Gideon's bible.  And of course, the obligatory book in hotel rooms.  

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The most unusual name for someone I actually met is Andromeda.  She explained that her parents were hippies, and then said, "call me Annie."

I remember an episode of Louie that featured Gideon Adlon.  I myself have an either/or name, but Gideon's a new one on me.  I can only think of the Beatle's song,

"Rocky Racoon" and the line about Gideon's bible.  And of course, the obligatory book in hotel rooms.  

Andromeda is a Greek name (Andromeda and Perseus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_(mythology) ) and Gideon is from the Hebrew Gidon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon and is a "character" on Legends of Tomorrow). 

"Sorrow" and "Push" are a random noun and verb.

• Love 6

I started laughing so hard when she had to take a break from the "No no no" to flip off the radio playing "How Deep is Your Love." Just the annoyance and disgust as she turned the knob so decisively--something about it just hit my funnybone hard!

Re-watching the first couple of seasons on Hulu right now....certain scenes, like the opening one when the power goes out, crack me up b/c it's as if Pamela Adlon has been spying on me! I've got one daughter who would be all, "Is this a nuclear war? Are we gonna die?!" and another who, if I said, "No, not from this," would come back with, "What if you're wrong?!" OMG! HAHA And my son would be like Duke: "I was watching something!"