Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Not sure if it is a spoiler or a speculation from one of the soap mags - Nancy will hook up with Clyde? I guess her options are pretty limited. 

He's going to wish he was back in prison.

And so will Nancy.

He still looks far too much like Granny Clampett to me.

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8

It is a shame what Ron has done to Craig and Nancy. I absolutely loved their devotion to one another in their original run, it was what grounded them and kept them grey when they were scheming and plotting to achieve their goals. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

k81kz9b6gfp81.jpg

Catch your significant other trying to cheat and your solution is to propose?  So apparently Craig is not only coming out as gay, he's coming out as terminally stupid.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Catch your significant other trying to cheat and your solution is to propose?  So apparently Craig is not only coming out as gay, he's coming out as terminally stupid.

Craig, Leo and Nancy are all pretty stupid and annoying even by Salem standards.  They can go anytime soon.

• Love 10

I just saw the Broe promo. Damn, Chloe always the delivers the hot sex scenes. I am so excited for these two. I honestly thinking they are my favorite almost pairing at the moment.

It's unfortunate I didn't stop the promo the moment they two stopped being the focus.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'd like them both to focus on themselves and their kids. I'd find that interesting. Legitimately.

Okay, but...

A. It's a soap. How many soap characters parent their unseen phantom children?

and...

B. Ron is the head writer, so that would somehow suck, too. There would be nothing "interesting" about it.

So I'll go with Brady/Chloe and be grateful.

• Love 8

😬

...I can't be grateful that Ron writes garbage love stories just because he writes nothing about parents/kids...

Soaps were built on stories about intergenerational struggles. There are kids in Salem. They should bring them into the stories more. Theo and Ciara were at their best when they were played by child actors. Carrie and Sami only exist as they do today because stories were written about them as children and those two actresses were cast and could grow into their roles. If you ignore the kids, there's no next generation to inherit the show.

I don't know that writing for kids would necessarily bring out the best in Ron's writing...but I'd gladly watch Brady trying to raise Rachel while her Mom's a wanted felon or Chloe explaining to Parker why his grandparents (who have raised him) are breaking up...over Broe version 6.0.

Besides, as soon as Ron gets them together, he'll just have Chloe "die" and come back with amnesia thinking she's Andre, all in time to see Brady marry Gwen or whoever. We know this song and dance. 

Also this cast is 50% seniors. We need variety.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

😬

...I can't be grateful that Ron writes garbage love stories just because he writes nothing about parents/kids...

Soaps were built on stories about intergenerational struggles. There are kids in Salem. They should bring them into the stories more. Theo and Ciara were at their best when they were played by child actors. Carrie and Sami only exist as they do today because stories were written about them as children and those two actresses were cast and could grow into their roles. If you ignore the kids, there's no next generation to inherit the show.

I don't know that writing for kids would necessarily bring out the best in Ron's writing...but I'd gladly watch Brady trying to raise Rachel while her Mom's a wanted felon or Chloe explaining to Parker why his grandparents (who have raised him) are breaking up...over Broe version 6.0.

Besides, as soon as Ron gets them together, he'll just have Chloe "die" and come back with amnesia thinking she's Andre, all in time to see Brady marry Gwen or whoever. We know this song and dance. 

All of what you write makes sense, but this show has lowered my expectations to sub-basement level. Because of that, I just live in the moment and try to enjoy what (very!) little there is for me to like.

And that includes Brady/Chloe 2.0.

What can I say? My standards have flown the coop. I just like what I like and bitch about the rest, at this point.

• Love 3

Fair enough.

I'm just bothered by how little effort it would take to improve things.

We could skip all of this recycled Amnesia Sarah nonsense and have a little Holly/Nicole subplot instead. After all these years Nicole finally has a child....and they don't even write about it?

Come on now.

• Love 7

I'd rather not see children on the show myself. Maybe a few short scenes here and there, but not majorly involved in stories. When it comes to Chloe though, I do wish they'd somehow acknowledge that she has been a completely absentee parent for like years and explain why that is.

The Chloe/Brady scenes in that promo made me a little nausea tbh. I will be fast forwarding that lol.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

over Broe version 6.0.

This is only Broe 2.0. The two divorced in 2007 while Brady was still offscreen. They've never been paired romantically since EM took over the role.

I know the Chloe death is speaking in jest, but I imagine Philip "coming back from the dead" would occur before the "I do's" at the Broe wedding. I also wouldn't be shocked if a SORASED Parker resents Brady for having his father's heart.

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

We could skip all of this recycled Amnesia Sarah nonsense and have a little Holly/Nicole subplot instead. After all these years Nicole finally has a child....and they don't even write about it?

The Nicole/Allie relationship should really be a Nicole/SORASED teen Holly relationship. I'm curious what relationship the show will have Eric/Holly have considering Eric killed Holly's father because of his drunk driving.

56 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'd rather not see children on the show myself. Maybe a few short scenes here and there, but not majorly involved in stories.

I completely agree. I want to see small children during holidays and kidnappings. Beside from that, I'm happy when they are constantly in the other room. Little Ciara was the only somewhat recent exception, and the writing they gave little Ciara sadly did not influence her current writing at all.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm willing to give Days a little bit of a pass on the kids in the last few years because I'm pretty sure Covid concerns kept them off set for a while.  But at the same time, it is ridiculous that Holly and Parker are practically invisible. 

I would totally be down with a SORASed Holly and Arianna as mouthy early teen troublemaking friends who give their parents grief.  Personally, the last time we saw Arianna I thought she did come off as a spoiled brat.  I think there'd be plenty of material to work with, like Holly's mixed feelings about Eric and her dad as well as Nicole and Rafe's relationship. Maybe this time around, Rafe isn't the dream step-daddy like how Allie sees him. Especially if Holly gets in trouble with the police. Speaking of Allie, maybe Holly totally resents having to share a room with a toddler.  I think there's many opportunities for teen angst. Then add in Parker, Holly's half-brother, correct? Surely he has some issues with what happened to his dad and the fact that his mom dumped him in a boarding school to pal around Salem with her ex-husband. 

I don't understand why Ron didn't just recast the actual character of Renee if he wanted to "bring her back" so badly. This story might work better (would certainly have less plot holes) if the real Renee was saved by the great powers of Dr. Rolf but held on an island recuperating for the last forty years.  Then Tony's conflicted feelings would make sense. And she would be a legit Dimera who now had a say/control in the company, house, etc. That could fuel both a storyline with Tony and Ana, but also EJ, Chad, etc. 

• Love 5

I think I would hate if they recasted because Philece Sampler was always open to a return but the show wasn't yet they would be open after she passed away in RL.

I wish they would've just kept ignoring her existence like they did the last 40 years. If they wanted to do a tribute to her give a tag saying "In memoriam" or have Marlena, Tony/Anna, Doug/Julie remember her (and then provide the In Memoriam tag) for an episode. That would've been better.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think I would hate if they recasted because Philece Sampler was always open to a return but the show wasn't yet they would be open after she passed away in RL.

I wish they would've just kept ignoring her existence like they did the last 40 years. If they wanted to do a tribute to her give a tag saying "In memoriam" or have Marlena, Tony/Anna, Doug/Julie remember her (and then provide the In Memoriam tag) for an episode. That would've been better.

I liked PS as Renee too, and it's too bad they didn't bring her back when they still could. I'm generally not a viewer in favor of recasts, but in this instance, it's been so long that I think it could have worked with the right actress. They could have still played the old flashbacks as the "young Renee" as a tribute.  Treating it like how movies/TV shows have different actors to play a younger version of a character. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
On 3/23/2022 at 2:32 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Per Twitter this is the first time Brady has had sex in nearly two years(which I guess is rather surprising given his history).

How old is Rachel?

39 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Anna needs to give Tony an ultimatum and move on. How locked in are Roman and Kate?  Anna and Roman could be a good couple.

Well, they were a couple before obviously. Anna being Roman's first wife and Carrie's mother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

...and they dated before Tony was resurrected. Her carrying around the martini shaker/urn with Tony's "ashes" in it was eventually a deal-breaker for Roman.

He needs to stop dating his exes. Can't he find some nice gal at murder park feeding birds or something? The Marlena/Hattie/Anna/Kate merry-go-round needs to stop.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Beside from that, I'm happy when they are constantly in the other room.

I loved seeing young Belle and Brady with Doc and John in the 90s. And seeing Theresa take care of Tate was nice too.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and they dated before Tony was resurrected. Her carrying around the martini shaker/urn with Tony's "ashes" in it was eventually a deal-breaker for Roman.

He needs to stop dating his exes. Can't he find some nice gal at murder park feeding birds or something? The Marlena/Hattie/Anna/Kate merry-go-round needs to stop.

I wish Roman was killed off in the 90s because he was irrelevant to me after Wayne left in 1994. If they want a standby Brady we already have Kayla. There's nothing Roman adds to this show. If they wanted Josh to be on the show they could've just had him return as Chris K or his twin brother. 

14 hours ago, RedElf said:

How old is Rachel?

Given how we had a year into the future I would say she is about 3-4

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish Roman was killed off in the 90s because he was irrelevant to me after Wayne left in 1994. If they want a standby Brady we already have Kayla. There's nothing Roman adds to this show. If they wanted Josh to be on the show they could've just had him return as Chris K or his twin brother. 

Given how we had a year into the future I would say she is about 3-4

Agree about Roman/Josh. I wish they'd make a reveal some day that he's really a Kosticheck and the Roman thing was just a Dimera hoax.  They could even say Orpheus knew this all along which would explain why he never goes after him. 

Re: Rachel...they lightly SORASed her the last time we saw her when Kristin tried to kidnap her from Marlena's at bedtime. She looked about 6-8 then. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree about Roman/Josh. I wish they'd make a reveal some day that he's really a Kosticheck and the Roman thing was just a Dimera hoax.  They could even say Orpheus knew this all along which would explain why he never goes after him. 

Re: Rachel...they lightly SORASed her the last time we saw her when Kristin tried to kidnap her from Marlena's at bedtime. She looked about 6-8 then. 

Same here. I would go further and say that the Roman that Kristen brought back in the 90's to mess with Jarlena was a poor guy that Stefano had brainwashed into believing that he was Roman and that the real Roman died while undercover trying to find a way to get rid of Stefano once and for all...

Roman was a hero and he should have died one protecting his family.  There could even be a letter where he forgave Marlena for her indiscretion wishing her all of the happiness in the world.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here. I would go further and say that the Roman that Kristen brought back in the 90's to mess with Jarlena was a poor guy that Stefano had brainwashed into believing that he was Roman and that the real Roman died while undercover trying to find a way to get rid of Stefano once and for all...

Roman was a hero and he should have died one protecting his family.  There could even be a letter where he forgave Marlena for her indiscretion wishing her all of the happiness in the world.

See I would've gladly taken this scenario.

• Love 2

#DAYS Spoilers Week of April 4th
Johnny is horrified to learn what he's done.
Chanel and Nicole become alarmed when they can't find Allie.
Shawn demands answers from Jan.
EJ orders Clyde to leave town.
Belle and Shawn’s marriage hits the skids.

Lots going on here. Guess Satan hops into Allie. EJ is out of jail just in time to sleep with Belle. No Xander as usual 

#DAYS Spoilers Week of April 4th

Belle has a shocking encounter at Statesville.

Allie urges Johnny to fight off the Devil.

Sarah's condition takes a surprising turn.

Anna is arrested! 

Gabi is livid when she finds Ava in Jake's bed.

Kate insists Roman fire Clyde.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

She finds Peter Blake's diary, thinks she has jungle madness, and is in love with Jennifer???

You just had to put that out there.  😛 Now watch Ron and/or Jamey use this.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Belle and Shawn’s marriage hits the skids.

Of course. Shawn deserves better. (Yeah, Brandon Beemer is just...there, but Shawn has never done anything to deserve constantly being cuckolded by Belle, etc.) I pray this will be the final end for them, as I have never seen them as soulmates, but it probably won't be.

• Love 9

I too hope this is the end of Shelle. They should've remained a teen romance I find Belle too ambitious and fiery for Shawn(well this version). She was better suited with a Phillip type character anyways.  Plus if all they can come up with for them is Belle cheating on him every few years and Jan popping up they should just have them be apart for a while and then reunite them in the final episode of Days. Clearly they don't know what to do with either of them beyond those plots Shawn just looks dumber than usual taking Belle back every time.

• Love 8
On 3/28/2022 at 7:57 PM, WendyCR72 said:

You just had to put that out there.  😛 Now watch Ron and/or Jamey use this.

Of course. Shawn deserves better. (Yeah, Brandon Beemer is just...there, but Shawn has never done anything to deserve constantly being cuckolded by Belle, etc.) I pray this will be the final end for them, as I have never seen them as soulmates, but it probably won't be.

Shawn/Belle reminded me of Jennifer and Frankie as cute first love and nothing more. Plus, the show tried their best to make Shelle a supercouple, forgetting that the supercouples of the past were all organic and often times were just accidents..  

• Love 3