Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Same here..Jack was such a great character that the show threw him under the bus to make Dan and Dannifer palatable...JJ needs his dad there helping him, he is letting his Johnson genes get the best of him...Jack would be such a great presence on the show...I want to see Jack interact with JJ, Abigail, Joey, Stephanie, Jennifer, Adrienne, Justin, Sonny and his brothers, Nicole, Sami, Will...I just want my Jack back....Period...

• Love 2
(edited)

Perhaps Higley convinced him to come back. She loves the Kiriakis family and she brought Sonny to town in the first place...Perhaps she promised him an exciting story where he would be the focus and not Will and Sparkle....I would not be surprise if she brings back Alex and the twins..There is a reason that Wally and Judy are on contract...A Sonny-centric story would be awesome, especially if he goes dark for a while..I would love for Sonny to kill Clyde and feel no remorse for it...Clyde threatened his little girl.....The Kiriakis family will be getting alot of focus with the new regime and Sonny should be a part of the stories planned for them..I want to see Sonny outside of Will, Sparkle and Ari....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

They had to destroy the character of Will to make Paul and Paulson palatable...Will who was born on the show and has more ties than Sonny and Paul had to be sacrifice at their altar...Alot of the hardcore John and Marlena fans resent the presence of Paul and that makes me happy to know that aspect of his storyline is an epic fail..If they wanted to give John a son, they could have easily said that when Marlena disappeared and presumed dead, she was pregnant with John's child and that Stefano raised him as his son...Imagine John and Marlena trying to connect with their son that was raised by their worst enemy...A son that was hellbent on destroying them and their family. Paul could have been a stand-alone character and build from there...His past with Sonny would have been enough, there was no need to change the show's history to justify his existence...

I just don't care about any of that.  I've been watching this show as long as I can remember, at least 40 years.  I cry when they hang the stupid Christmas balls.  I love it when Julie and Doug appear.  I cried buckets during Alice Horton's funeral. But that's really more about my own affection for and memories of the show.  I don't care what character is from what family, etc.

Paul and Sonny are some good soapy romantic tension and they're both pretty.  I don't need a whole lot more than that. 

I always like the people the audience isn't supposed to like.  Eve and Theresa amuse me to no end.  I have fond memories of "the old days" but the family legacies, etc. don't matter to me very much.   Viva Paulson!

• Love 7

I just don't care about any of that. I've been watching this show as long as I can remember, at least 40 years. I cry when they hang the stupid Christmas balls. I love it when Julie and Doug appear. I cried buckets during Alice Horton's funeral. But that's really more about my own affection for and memories of the show. I don't care what character is from what family, etc.

Paul and Sonny are some good soapy romantic tension and they're both pretty. I don't need a whole lot more than that.

I always like the people the audience isn't supposed to like. Eve and Theresa amuse me to no end. I have fond memories of "the old days" but the family legacies, etc. don't matter to me very much. Viva Paulson!

Pulling up a chair at this table 'cause I don't give a shit about Will.

• Love 2
(edited)

a spoiler I just read says that Paige has a look-alike.  Do we really need two of them?

We don't even need the one. Gah! This is like the Rafe fiasco! Maybe Higley will kill her off?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

If Bo and Steve are really coming back full time, I'd love it if Hope and Bo get back together and Aiden and Kayla get together.  Kayla had the hots for Aiden when he first came on the show.  With all of the old timers coming back, is there any word about Mary Beth Evans being put on contract?

• Love 2

Do we know yet what becomes of Stefano and Marlena after he bring her to Italy?  Does he die? I won't have time to watch and I suspect I will be disappointed by the scripts anyway.....thanks!

If Bo and Steve are really coming back full time, I'd love it if Hope and Bo get back together and Aiden and Kayla get together.  Kayla had the hots for Aiden when he first came on the show.  With all of the old timers coming back, is there any word about Mary Beth Evans being put on contract?

Mary Beth Evans is on contract...I wanted Kayla and Hope to be in a triangle with Aiden..There is so much history between the two women..I am glad that did not happen, since ken Corday believes that a triangle has to have a villain. I shudder to think about what he would have done to the ladies in their quest to be with Aiden..Look at what  he did to Will....

(edited)

Do we know yet what becomes of Stefano and Marlena after he bring her to Italy? Does he die? I won't have time to watch and I suspect I will be disappointed by the scripts anyway.....thanks!

How can he die? What are they gonna do kill off all the Dimeras? Take the Bradys instead! Sami, Johnny, Sydney and Allie are safe in L.A so I don't have to worry about them but the rest of the on canvas Bradys are ripe for the picking!

Edited by slayer2

Ugh. So I guess we're in for another round of Stefano disowning one of his kids.

I feel like we won't see that since technically Chad is the.only.one.left. That made me sad to type that.

Spoilers for the week of May 18....

Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Will manipulates an explosive situation with Paul and Sonny.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Adrienne is furious when she overhears Justin’s phone conversation.

Thursday, May 21, 2015
Stefano lays into Marlena for destroying Kristen.
Paul rips into John regarding his father’s past.

Friday, May 22, 2015
Paige and JJ’s relationship implodes.
Kimberly arrives with unexpected news for Theresa.

(edited)

Spoilers for the week of May 18....

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Will manipulates an explosive situation with Paul and Sonny.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Adrienne is furious when she overhears Justin’s phone conversation.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stefano lays into Marlena for destroying Kristen.

Paul rips into John regarding his father’s past.

Friday, May 22, 2015

Paige and JJ’s relationship implodes.

Kimberly arrives with unexpected news for Theresa.

Don't do it to me. GH is dead to me and Maya on B&B is (apropos of nothing) transgendered, in an out of thin air sweeps grab, Y&R is not even worth mentioning so Days is all I have. I know I've had insomnia issues in the past but there's wine for that. Damn you Corday! Edited by slayer2
(edited)

You can say that again...Can't they tweak and edit out the storylines that are not working on the episodes that are already tape...I don't know if I can hold on until September....

If you have a couple million dollars to cover the losses/expenses, Ken Corday will gladly do it. 

It's 34 minutes of your day to watch DOOL, without FF-ing.

Just think how you will feel when the storylines change.

You can't appreciate the peaks without the valleys.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3
(edited)

If you have a couple million dollars to cover the losses/expenses, Ken Corday will gladly do it. 

It's 34 minutes of your day to watch DOOL, without FF-ing.

Just think how you will feel when the storylines change.

You can't appreciate the peaks without the valleys.

Ken Corday would not do it because he feels that we the viewers are too dumb and insignificant to understand his vision for the show and we have to be train into accepting and liking whatever drivel he and his incompetent writers cook up in the writing room...He is the main reason that the show is in the toilet...

Edited by Apprentice79

Can't they tweak and edit out the storylines that are not working on the episodes that are already tape...I don't know if I can hold on until September....

In one of the threads someone posted that they did in fact edit in some scenes with Caroline last week, and removed scenes with Paul's mother.  Someone also posted that Dena HIgley wanted them to do start airing her episodes right away, but I'm sure that would be too expensive.

• Love 1

They need to find another way to film. This 5month advance schedule has them one foot in the grave.

The show has been renewed until September 2016. That's roughly 75 weeks of shows, roughly 375 hours of programming before THE EARLIEST it leaves the air.

That is not "one foot in the grave".

Given that NBC just renewed a slew of primetime shows with ratings LOWER than DOOL, things are looking up.

• Love 3

The show has been renewed until September 2016. That's roughly 75 weeks of shows, roughly 375 hours of programming before THE EARLIEST it leaves the air.

Given that NBC just renewed a slew of primetime shows with ratings LOWER than DOOL, things are looking up.

Not only that, DOOL pulls in more viewers than a good number of cable channels pull in ALL DAY.

• Love 2

I think that people are just nervous with the ratings going down and the general dissatisfaction with the show....I don't want Days to be cancell. The fact that the old writers were cancelled, new ones coming in, plus the Vets coming back and being put on contract seems to be good for the future of the show..The actors are praising the writing and there seems to be excitement coming from the cast..I am hanging in there, it is hard because I am worried about the damage being done to the show....

• Love 2

The lord giveth and taketh away. Pretty sure they can reneg on that anytime

• Love 1

Stephen Nichols just tweeted that he and Peter Reckell have just taped seven shows in two days.

Hmmmm. Anyone else putting this together with Higley's reported desire to have her scripts show up sooner than the regular 5 months cycle? Maybe they always shoot that quickly, I don't know. Either way, it makes me happy! Especially if this means Bo and Patch are in cahoots on some mission or adventure. 

• Love 1

I think the fans will hold on to see the new material because the show is wisely telling us who is coming back..More people are supposed to be coming back for the 50th....I hope Jack is back and this time for good....

• Love 3

Apprentice, I've been hoping for Jack, too, but I can't figure out how they could bring him back from an elevator shaft fall/funeral. I know this is Days we're talking about, but that seemed like a pretty definitive end. But if Jack was back, I would be in 7th heaven. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the fans would overlook that, just to have Jack back..Marlena was possessed by the devil, so anything goes in Salem...I am happy that our favorite vets are coming back. However, I want the writers to focus on the new generations of Kiriakis, Bradys, Hortons because they are the future of the show..They also need to introduce new blood in Salem without alienating the viewers.  Everybody being related is ridiculous..I think Kate is the last character that had a successful introduction on the show. Her backstory was wonderful. Her arrival ushered in Austin, Billie and Lucas who have legion of fans...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Paul Telfer departs....

With the new head writer storylines beginning in August, including the returns of many veterans to the "Days" canvas, Paul Telfer (Xander) will be exiting the show. Melissa Archer (Serena)'s exit was already previously announced. Look for Serena and Xander's storylines to wrap up in August.

(edited)

From Michael Fairman's site - 

Thaao Penghlis Heads Back To Days of our Lives! Will Be Play Tony Or Andre DiMera?

More exciting returns for the 50th anniversary of NBC’s Days of our Lives with the news today via Soap Opera Digest!

Thaao Penghlis, who was last seen on General Hospital as Victor Cassadine, has returned to Salem and is already filming new episodes in either the role of Tony DiMera, or his dastardly lookalike cousin, Andre DiMera!

Penghlis was last seen on DAYS  back in 2009 when Tony died.  As for Andre DiMera, viewers last saw him turn-off his own life-support machine in the hospital and framed Shawn Brady (Frank Parker) to make it look like he murdered him a few year prior.

Fans have taken to Penghlis official facebook page saying they don’t care which DiMera actually returns to Salem alive, as they are just so excited to have Thaao back!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
(edited)

TP has been put on contract just like PR, SN, MBE, WK and JE.

I think one of three things:

1) They are willing to spend money for the 50th anniversary;

2) Ken Corday is no longer allowed any input at all;

3) Days won't be renewed after September 2016, and they are planning on going all out with the final SLs.

Maybe Tony is the other person who helps Roman save Marlena.

If Andre wants to pop up for a few minutes, kill Dan, leave, and then let Tony take over, I'm good with that.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Paul Telfer departs....

With the new head writer storylines beginning in August, including the returns of many veterans to the "Days" canvas, Paul Telfer (Xander) will be exiting the show. Melissa Archer (Serena)'s exit was already previously announced. Look for Serena and Xander's storylines to wrap up in August.

DAMN THEM TO HELL!!!!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Paul Telfer departs....

What????!!! Ohhhh shit. Well, I'm out and yuck to the above, I don't care about models. They finally found a replacement for EJ for Nicole and they're giving him the old heave ho' to stick her with boring Eric and sanctimonious Dan. Oh Dena, what drugs?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6