Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Wait, what??? Melanie's gone this spring? Aaargh. Was she intended to be on for just 6 months or so, or did they write her off? I'm so bummed. 

Yes, she signed a six months contract with the show...I have some bad news as well.Rumor has it that Freddie has chosen not to renew his contract with the show.....I guess Sonny will either leave the show or be recast....The anti Guy Wilson people will blame him for that...He got blamed for Chandler leaving the show..Freddie got alot of negative blowback from the Chandler Stans saying that he was cheating on him with Guy....lol.. There are some weirdos online....

(edited)

Wow! I guess that's why the writers had Chad go after Abigail instead of Melanie. Also, why Melanie seemed to be restricted to the Serena and Theresa/Brady story lines.

Ugh about Freddie possibly leaving. He's been stellar since he was cast as Sonny. I hope they work it out, I can't imagine a different actor in the role. 

Will Kate Mansi ever leave?!

Edited by Lilytiger
  • Love 3
(edited)

They have never made Sonny a true Kiriakis..He should have had a bad reaction to Will's affair...The story should have been about Sonny. Instead the story is all about Will's pain of being second best to Paul  and Paul's pain about  let Sonny go...I still find it weird that Sonny would be so nice to Paul...He fucked his husband....I know that Will is the guilty one..Sonny written in character should have been plotting revenge on Will and Paul....Freddie has proven that he can be a lead actor and he should have been the lead in Wilson ver 2..Guy is not strong to be the focus like Chandler was...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Days that almost every single young actor leaves when their first contract is up.

Not that this doesn't happen in daytime in general, but it seems especially egregious at Days.

Unless Higley and Griffith can fix things really quickly, I'll be making my exit as viewer when Freddie leaves.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

People say  FS was still taping a few days ago, so I am not sure what is going on. It could just be them trying to keep up the act.... Or maybe he is not leaving?

I wonder about Will and Paul too. I don't think the writers will really want to get rid of Will...

• Love 1
(edited)

That means you have 5 more months with the show....lol...

People say  FS was still taping a few days ago, so I am not sure what is going on. It could just be them trying to keep up the act.... Or maybe he is not leaving?

I wonder about Will and Paul too. I don't think the writers will really want to get rid of Will...

They are taping the new regime's work. Wally is on contract and possibly Judy Evans...Higley was the one that brought Sonny into town...They should bring back the other brothers..I would like to see the dynamic between the Kiriakis Brothers...

Maybe Sonny leaves town to get away from Will and Sparkle to get his mind right...Meanwhile Paul and Will fall inlove, then Sonny comes back in the form of a recast devastated with being replaced by Sparkle in his family. Perhaps that dream was an anvil of what is to come....

Edited by Apprentice79

Huh... Interesting. If FS and GW are both out, does that mean CS is out too? Drop two gay characters, and keep one to create new storylines with? CS has a contract until I believe May 2016, so he could be around for a year at least.

(edited)

Yes, you are correct..Christopher's expires next year....They might recast the Sonny role..I think they should just write Wilson off..The longer a couple stays on a show the more damage that is done to them. I always got the vibe that they were going to write them off as soon as they married them off with Chandler in the role...Chandler's abrupt departure changed their plans...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Freddie Smith (Sonny): April 2015
Guy Wilson (Will): August 2015

Christopher Sean (Paul): June 2016

Actors can be fired after every 13 week (I think) cycle so it really doesn't matter how long their contract is. I don't know if this applies to everyone or just new hires.

I assumed they would convince Freddie to stay on for four more months so Will and Sonny could be written out together.

• Love 2
(edited)

Freddie Smith (Sonny): April 2015

Guy Wilson (Will): August 2015

Christopher Sean (Paul): June 2016

Actors can be fired after every 13 week (I think) cycle so it really doesn't matter how long their contract is. I don't know if this applies to everyone or just new hires.

I assumed they would convince Freddie to stay on for four more months so Will and Sonny could be written out together.

That is true...They can have Sonny leave the show and he can come back and get Will and Ari...Or they can put Will and Paul together....They need to bond Paul more with his newfound family...They never developed Sonny's relationships outside of Will....They should have brought in his brothers....Sonny and Nicole could have been best friends..She needs a friend that she can't sleep with...lol I can understand why the show always focused more on Will than Sonny because he was born on the show and grew up on it..Sonny is also a legacy child, but he was born offscreen....Adrienne left pregnant with him and her other 3 sons....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm so sad to hear that FS is leaving Days. He was like the only bright spot in a very dismal show. So I guess he's on for the next 5 months. Sad news. I guess FS couldn't take the shitty writing either.

• Love 9

I will miss Freddie Smith.  A lot.

I'm also not too sure they should recast, considering how badly some of the recasts have worked out.  He's a good actor - understated, which I think is hard to do.  This is a real loss.

But we can't get rid of Kate Mansi no matter what.  Sheesh.

• Love 5
(edited)

No, he references that this was during the lead-up to the exorcism storyline (and remember, the show already identified it as the time period when Kristen and Peter were living on the DiMera grounds). No, that makes no sense for anyone who watched back then. Drake's very funny in this interview because he admits exactly that. I like that he's not trying to carry water for the show by pretending this isn't a huge retcon of the time period in question.

I loved Drake's demeanor in that interview. He was all like, "Yeah, it's frigging crazy, but let's just go with it."

Also, I have high hopes that Melanie will bite it. Brady is pretty much the Sam Winchester of the show. Any women that touches him is as good as presumed dead or dead dead (including his mother).

OMG. I love Brady (and Melanie and Brady/Melanie) but you're right. He's totally the Sam Winchester of this show.

Yes, she signed a six months contract with the show...I have some bad news as well.Rumor has it that Freddie has chosen not to renew his contract with the show.....I guess Sonny will either leave the show or be recast....The anti Guy Wilson people will blame him for that...He got blamed for Chandler leaving the show..Freddie got alot of negative blowback from the Chandler Stans saying that he was cheating on him with Guy....lol.. There are some weirdos online....

Fans can be crazy. I never disliked Guy Wilson's version of Will, because of Freddie's Sonny. I disliked Guy Wilson's version of Will because he has a ferret face, because he can't act his way out of a paper bag, because he always looks constipated, and because once Guy was cast, the writing for the character changed said character into a cold, heartless, ambitious cheater.

They have never made Sonny a true Kiriakis..He should have had a bad reaction to Will's affair...The story should have been about Sonny. Instead the story is all about Will's pain of being second best to Paul  and Paul's pain about  let Sonny go...I still find it weird that Sonny would be so nice to Paul...He fucked his husband....I know that Will is the guilty one..Sonny written in character should have been plotting revenge on Will and Paul....Freddie has proven that he can be a lead actor and he should have been the lead in Wilson ver 2..Guy is not strong to be the focus like Chandler was...

Well, no. I mean, I get what you're saying about them never making Sonny a true Kiriakis. That is very true. But what you're saying about "Sonny written in character" is demonstrably untrue, because, as you said, they never made Sonny a true Kiriakis. They did that early on, when he stopped working for Victor (as a lawyer, or something, right) and then when he wouldn't accept money from Vic (nor would he allow Chad to accept money from Stefano) for their start up. Sonny's characterization IS (in my opinion) that he's the anti-Kiriakis. If they had Sonny react to this cheating as if he were Vic junior, that, in my opinion, would be way out of character.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 8
(edited)

I loved Drake's demeanor in that interview. He was all like, "Yeah, it's frigging crazy, but let's just go with it."

OMG. I love Brady (and Melanie and Brady/Melanie) but you're right. He's totally the Sam Winchester of this show.

Fans can be crazy. I never disliked Guy Wilson's version of Will, because of Freddie's Sonny. I disliked Guy Wilson's version of Will because he has a ferret face, because he can't act his way out of a paper bag, because he always looks constipated, and because once Guy was cast, the writing for the character changed said character into a cold, heartless, ambitious cheater.

Well, no. I mean, I get what you're saying about them never making Sonny a true Kiriakis. That is very true. But what you're saying about "Sonny written in character" is demonstrably untrue, because, as you said, they never made Sonny a true Kiriakis. They did that early on, when he stopped working for Victor (as a lawyer, or something, right) and then when he wouldn't accept money from Vic (nor would he allow Chad to accept money from Stefano) for their start up. Sonny's characterization IS (in my opinion) that he's the anti-Kiriakis. If they had Sonny react to this cheating as if he were Vic junior, that, in my opinion, would be way out of character.

Not necessarily out of character...When you are under stressed and in pain, you may do things that are out of character...Plus, Will has been acting like an asshole before the cheating....Looking down on Sonny's job, the one that he and his daughter has been living off of for the last 3 years, leaving Sonny to go to LA, ignoring him while he was over there..Never having Sonny interact with their daughter while they were away...The daughter that Sonny has been providing for....Telling Sonny that he was bored with their life, when he was the one that tied Sonny down in the first place via Arianna...This boredom of Will's is what propelled Sonny to have another Club that bankrupted them..Sonny was wrong to have blown their money. When Sonny told him that money was tight, he got an attitude when he told Sonny that he had to work to support their family, forgetting that Sonny has been taking care of him for a long time now...He left Sonny all alone at home on New year's Eve, to go and smile at Sparkle...To add insult to injury, he fucked Sonny's first love..

So, if Sonny loses his mind and makes Will pay, he  has every right to do so, because Will provoked him....I would not have called it  out of character at all...Sonny has always alluded that he can be just like any other Kiriakis when the need arises....Sonny should have thought him a lesson, just like he arrogantly professed that he was doing to Sami, when he wrote that scathing article about her..He is disloyal to the core and ungrateful to boot...You don't air family business in public...Sami may have her faults, but she loves Will unconditionally...Sonny should have realized that if Will could do that to Sami, he could hurt him too and he did...

Will's characterization is the writer's fault and not Guy Wilson...I don't think he  is as awful as most of you guys do..Nor do I think that Chandler was all that...Will was always a jerk even back when Chandler was in the role..He was very mean to Sonny when Sonny was helping him to come out the closet..He was so disrespectful to Sami, it was hard to watch him talk to her like she  was a common whore in the streets..In some ways, it was karma for Sami because she used to treat Marlena  the same way...What goes around comes around...

I still like Will and I hope the new writing team will fix him. Will is messed up and I understand why..Sonny is the most stable person that he has known..Sonny is his world,  and Sparkle  is a threat that, and he has to be eliminated at all cost. He learned this by watching his parents...without Sonny he and Arianna would be lost...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I  think so..He has roots in Salem via John..Plus, he is a double minority..He is gay and Asian..He is like a novelty for the show....He is the first Gay Asian male on  Daytime TV, the show would  be stupid to write him out...They can always bring in another man for him...

• Love 1

I will miss Freddie Smith.  A lot.

I'm also not too sure they should recast, considering how badly some of the recasts have worked out.  He's a good actor - understated, which I think is hard to do.  This is a real loss.

But we can't get rid of Kate Mansi no matter what.  Sheesh.

Every show needs a side piece so Kate Mansi's character is days destinated side piece.

• Love 3

Huh. Well, I don't blame Freddie Smith for seeking greener pastures, but I'll sure miss him, too. I should have stayed in the Current Plots thread, lol.

Can't hardly blame him having to work with that talentless hack, that's asking too much of anyone with a modicum of talent. And really once you're nominated for an Emmy why stay on this horrible shitty show (as it is now)?

(edited)

This month actually..Rumor has it that he wanted to extend his contract till August, when Guy's contract expires..I guess he wants Wilson to be endgame...

...an actor extending his contract because "he believes a couple is endgame" is a silly idea to me.  Plus, in soaps?  There is no endgame.

Sucks about Freddie Smith, but I can't blame him.  He's young, he's talented, he's gotten good notice from this show, so it is kinda time to move on and see what else is out there.

I  think so..He has roots in Salem via John..Plus, he is a double minority..He is gay and Asian..He is like a novelty for the show....He is the first Gay Asian male on  Daytime TV, the show would  be stupid to write him out...They can always bring in another man for him...

Seriously, when was the last time an Asian-American actor was on contract on a soap (Brad over on GH is only recurring)?  Before Brad and Paul, the only rather prominent Asian character I remember was on AMC, this dude Henry/Harry/something that Elizabeth Hendrickson's character dated for a few months.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

...an actor extending his contract because "he believes a couple is endgame" is a silly idea to me.  Plus, in soaps?  There is no endgame.

Sucks about Freddie Smith, but I can't blame him.  He's young, he's talented, he's gotten good notice from this show, so it is kinda time to move on and see what else is out there.

Seriously, when was the last time an Asian-American actor was on contract on a soap (Brad over on GH)?  Before Brad and Paul, the only rather prominent Asian character I remember was on AMC, this dude Henry/Harry/something that Elizabeth Hendrickson's character dated for a few months.

Plenty of actors have their preferred pairing on a soap..Vanessa Marcil from General Hospital has said that she wants Sonny and Brenda to be endgame, whenever General Hospital is over for good..Allison Sweeney has never publicly said  who she prefers Sami to be with in the long run, out of respect for her different fan bases..I get the impression  that it is Lumi because of the history that she shares with Bryan Dattilo on the show.. Freddie was rumored to have said that when Guy first came on the scene as Will, Paul was not in anybody's mind when he made that statement about Wilson being endgame...

Plus, we don't really know why Freddie decided to leave the show..It could be dissatisfaction with the writing of the show..Sonny has never been made a lead on the show..He is still a prop for Will, despite the recasting with Guy..Sonny never drives stories in Wilson or apart..Freddie is a better actor than Guy, he should have been the lead actor in Wilson ver 2.. The cheating storyline should have been about Sonny and how he deals with it..Instead we have Will's insecurities and Sparkle lamenting his lost love in Sonny....The show should have brought Sonny's brothers in town, so that we could have seen Sonny's relationships outside of Will and Arianna...We could have gain more insight into Sonny via his brothers and his parents about his life, his childhood..We never saw Sonny unleash his ruthless Kiriakis side..We already know about Will because we saw him grow up on the show..Sonny was such a blank canvas and the writers had the freedom to give us good Sonny centric stories..Instead it is always about Will and his issues...These writers are just awful...Allison and James also left because they hated the way they wrote their characters..Perhaps Freddie got tired of their shitty writing and left...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

If Guy Wilson is planning on leaving when his contract is up then I don't see any problems with Freddie staying around for four more months in an effort to make sure his character gets a decent ending. Plus, it would be four more months of getting a paycheck.

• Love 1
(edited)

This reminds me of when Tamara Braun offered to extend her contract with GH for 6 weeks to finish out the kidnapping story. Allegedly the original plan was to do that, have Carly take the rescued kids to Sonny's island and then come back with a new face. Something happens and instead Tamara's Carly went up a staircase and started to open a door on Fri and then on Mon Jennifer Bransford's Carly finished open in the door.

On AMC didn't they change actresses in the middle of an episode once with the recasted character going in for a hug with one face and coming out of the hug with a new face?

I can see Corday being arrogant enough to think he can easily recast Sonny in the middle of a story. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something like have Freddie's Sonny duck behind the counter at TBD and then pop up with a new face.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Plenty of actors have their preferred pairing on a soap..Vanessa Marcil from General Hospital has said that she wants Sonny and Brenda to be endgame, whenever General Hospital is over for good.

Yeah, but Vanessa Marcil also knows that until GH is done, Sonny isn't going to be kept in a box waiting for Brenda's returns, you know?  Sonny and Will are important characters (especially Sonny if there's about to be a new focus on the Kirakisis).  And if Freddie Smith wants to leave and they decide to give the character a rest before they recast, I don't see the harm in letting Will stay in town.  

On AMC didn't they change actresses in the middle of an episode once with the recasted character going in for a hug with one face and coming out of the hug with a new face?

Yup, the wretched Babe.  They couldn't even give the audience one day off from the awfulness.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, but Vanessa Marcil also knows that until GH is done, Sonny isn't going to be kept in a box waiting for Brenda's returns, you know?  Sonny and Will are important characters (especially Sonny if there's about to be a new focus on the Kirakisis).  And if Freddie Smith wants to leave and they decide to give the character a rest before they recast, I don't see the harm in letting Will stay in town.  

That is true..The focus has always been on Will and it is tiring..I was looking forward to learning more about Sonny, when Chandler left...Plus Freddie is a better actor than Guy..I thought that the status quo would have changed with the recast...I am tired of Sonny being Will's purse holder..He is better than that....

Edited by Apprentice79

This reminds me of when Tamara Braun offered to extend her contract with GH for 6 weeks to finish out the kidnapping story. Allegedly the original plan was to do that, have Carly take the rescued kids to Sonny's island and then come back with a new face. Something happens and instead Tamara's Carly went up a staircase and started to open a door on Fri and then on Mon Jennifer Bransford's Carly finished open in the door.

I can see Corday being arrogant enough to think he can easily recast Sonny in the middle of a story. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something like have Freddie's Sonny duck behind the counter at TBD and then pop up with a new face.

I would not be surprise at all by Corday doing that..He might not do that, due to the fact that the ratings are so bad...He might not want to risk it..I am sure the Freddie fans will let him know how furious they are that he could not hold on to him.....They should have given him what he wanted...Freddie is the reason that Wilson version 1 and 2 worked in my opinion..I hope Sonny is presumed dead and not recast with another actor...Sonny would never leave Arianna, she is his daughter...

Ha! Didn't Days have an actor get into the shower and come out a different actor? Or am I thinking of another soap? I want to say the actor was Mark Valley but I could be wrong.

I hadn't watched Days for years (quit around the time it seemed to be all Chloe/Brady drama (Kyle Lowder Brady)all the time) but started watching again to see Sami's exit (I remember her working as a candy striper at the hospital and switching paternity test results-man I'm old) and got into it again and Sonny has been one of the bright spots of the show for me. I'll be sad to see him go.

• Love 4

Yup, the wretched Babe.  They couldn't even give the audience one day off from the awfulness.

You are my friend for life (like it or not) for attaching the word "wretched" to Babe.  She and that possum-cooking, lab-tech-blowing horror of a mother of hers, along with Lavery, RUINED Pine Valley.

Now back to our regularly scheduled DOOL talk....

• Love 5

They are doubling down on the WTF'ry of  JJ/Paige/Jen/Eve - JJ and Paige have sex on 4\16. Oh vey and ewww!

John and Marlena back to square 1 - 4/14 John freezes Marlena out for keeping the truth from him. Well, lucky for Mar that science has 1/2 of her body and all her face in a deep freeze so she won't feel to much of the effects of John's cold shoulder. 

• Love 4

Ha! Didn't Days have an actor get into the shower and come out a different actor? Or am I thinking of another soap? I want to say the actor was Mark Valley but I could be wrong.

Philip Kiriakis got knocked down in the snow as one actor and got up the next day as a different actor.

• Love 2

John and Marlena back to square 1 - 4/14 John freezes Marlena out for keeping the truth from him. Well, lucky for Mar that science has 1/2 of her body and all her face in a deep freeze so she won't feel to much of the effects of John's cold shoulder. 

I can only assume that John freezes her by turning his back to her and letting loose.  Only he would have the fart power to freeze someone.  

Why, their love is like the original "Frozen", except he's the princess.

Gah.

You are right..I forgot about that..Paul has more staying power because he is now a legacy character via John...

I do 100% agree though. DOOL is the whitest thing out there and it's horrible. I lived in a 5000 population town but there were still two other black families there. DOOL needs to diversify, it's ludicrous.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hispanics come in all shades..Zoe Saldana who is Dominican has played Black-American before in movies..I don't see what is the big deal in that....Furthermore, the label Hispanic is used mostly here in the states, it is rarely used in Central, South America....There have been Hispanic actors of European and African descent who don't get cast as Latins in movies and Tv shows because they are told in Hollywood that they don't look latin enough for the mainstream audience..How absurd!  Sofia Vergara had to dye her natural blond hair dark brown, in order  to get cast as a latina..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1