Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Mister Lucky

• Start Topic

Natalie's fame puts Ray's career in jeopardy when, for the first time ever, he becomes the story. Mickey and Daryll celebrate getting the greenlight on their movie. Terry prepares to leave the Fite Club behind for good. Bunchy gets in over his head; Bridget takes Smitty's problem into her own hands; and Ray hunts down the source of Sam's problems.

Promo:

Clips:

• Love 1

Why is Ray surprised? The director already found out that Ray was hiding Natalie. Other reporters are camping outside the apartment...Is Ray going to kill her doctor and all the staff?

• Love 1

God, I was hoping for a longer confrontation scene between Ray and Terry.  They are both such amazing actors.  But at least we got to see Mickey and Darryl doing blow with some prostitutes. Barf.

• Love 6

Why is Ray Donovan turning into Shameless West?

I'm totally confused on the timing. I'm assuming everything that happened this episode is the present? Terry and Bridget both came home from New York?

The real TMZ dude is gonna be pissed.

Was the male prostitute at Marilyn's star a callback to season one? Ray seems to have a soft spot for the exploited.

And Susan Sarandon is becoming the scariest person on this show. Also, thank you writers for killing off young, bland Starlet. I'm sorry she was pregnant, but damn I could not live through a Ray baby arc.

OT: Have never seen Scream 2 or 3 and it's been on HBO. Geez is Liev Shreiber young pre Ray Donovan forehead scowl wrinkle.

• Love 4

This episode just aired. How are viewers able to see this before tonight? 

I am finding these episodes hard to follow, stupid and crazy. I will add preposterous also. The level of silly shootings, assaults, car escapes and asinine characters seems almost cartoonish. ETA: oh yeah, throw in all those hookers too. 

Frank is dead and they try to dispose of the body, the woman is injected into a reversible stupor by Ray, Terry and that jerk make a getaway from a lunatic, the decapitator calls his lawyer, Natalie is dead.

This show really has deteriorated. Tonight's episode was a hot mess. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

the woman is injected into a reversible stupor by by Ray

I think the story is alluding to using Narcan as a reversible. It's very hot right now, and apparently being offered to lay people to reverse the heroin crisis in some areas. If you've never seen a Narcan reversal it is the most remarkable thing you will ever see. In 30 seconds, someone goes from comatose to speaking in full sentences.

However, it is given IV or intranasally, not by butt injection. Such injections are actually unpredictable and the time to something taking effect is variable at best

But this is Hollywood and Ray Donovan, so I try really, really hard to ignore such things.

• Love 2

Any time they get a breather, the Donovans insist on diving back into deep shit.

Every one of them are fuck ups, except for maybe Ray, though he should have anticipated Billy Walsh doing something stupid again but maybe in his grief, he wasn't seeing things.

Now next week, Bridget is going to pull a gun on a cancer doctor?  

• Love 2

In this episode. More than ever, Terry looked like Rays brother. It could have been the haircut. I understood him leaving the fight club, and LA, but for a minute when he was in the ring drinking heavily I wondered that he wasn't going to hang himself. Was he having guilt or remorse? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I was wondering the same thing. I saw it at 9 pm EST so if you are on the West Coast there would be a natural time difference in when we viewed it. I thought that my market (East Coast) was the first in the US to see it, so all I can come up with is that people find it on line (illegally?), that they live across the pond and it shows there hours before or perhaps they were given a screening copy. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I am finding these episodes hard to follow, stupid and crazy. I will add preposterous also. The level of silly shootings, assaults, car escapes and asinine characters seems almost cartoonish. ETA: oh yeah, throw in all those hookers too. 

Frank is dead and they try to dispose of the body, the woman is injected into a reversible stupor by Ray, Terry and that jerk make a getaway from a lunatic, the decapitator calls his lawyer, Natalie is dead.

This show really has deteriorated. Tonight's episode was a hot mess. 

You forgot to mention the Bunchy "I'm gonna get my money back" bungled robbery.

Wasn't that really dumb!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

That was Jay Thomas right?  It took me a minute to place him, since he was so thin.  Which makes sense since he passed recently.  RIP.

• Love 6

And you just know that now that Jay White spilled about where they dumped the body of the samurai guy, they'll also find the body of the FBI guy that Mickey and Darryl just dumped.

Those idiots probably went to the same spot instead of anywhere else in the vast fucking ocean.  When they were dumping the body and Daryl answered his phone, I was thinking they're going to be able to determine where he was when he answered that call, which was right in the middle of dumping the FBI guy's body.

Mickey is too proud to just take the money and shut up about the script changes they made.  But he does want that money and the first thing they do, hookers and blow!  In Ray's house!  And Mickey gets high and calls Jay White and forces his hand, makes him go to the authorities.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

Is this the final season (I hope).  I can maybe finish this year's shows but this show has deteriorated so badly.  Does anyone else feel like they need a shower after watching....

I can't even follow it anymore. The box: who has the box who took the box..... this show is ridiculous. Ray has committed so many crimes he makes Tony Soprano look like a law abiding citizen. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Any bail bond experts here? Bunchy bailed out the now-dead guy...does he get his money back?

I had the exact same thought. I did a little research, this is what I found:

Question:  If someone who is out on bail dies, does the person who bailed them out get their money back?

Answer:  If the defendant who is deceased used a bail bondsman, the fee that was paid to the bondsman for release is nonrefundable. If monies are still owed to the bondsman due to a payment arrangement, then the bondsman would still need to be paid.

However, if cash bail was paid for the full bail amount to the court, the bail money will be refunded to the person who posted the bail, less any fees owed to the court.

Sounds like Bunchy is out the bail money and the diaper bag money. What a loser.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

I thought Ray sold his house. The escrow must be taking a really long time to complete.  

Wasn't Bridget attending college in New York? Did she drop out or is she just home for a winter/spring/summer break?? Was her "boyfriend" actually dead in the end?

Maybe Natalie wasn't dead...she looked like she could have been just passed out. Who killed her sleazebag husband?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

I thought Ray sold his house. The escrow must be taking a really long time to complete.  

Wasn't Bridget attending college in New York? Did she drop out or is she just home for a winter/spring/summer break?? Was her "boyfriend" actually dead in the end?

Maybe Natalie wasn't dead...she looked like she could have been just passed out. Who killed her sleazebag husband?

She had strangulation marks around her neck.  I assume it was a murder suicide and her sleazebag husband strangled her and then jumped off the balcony.

• Love 3

It was great seeing Terry put Ray in his place.  The Mr. Lucky trailer was hilarious.  Same with Bridget walking in on gramps playing butt bongo.  Okay so when Bunchy and his stupid friend see a freshly shot body on the floor and all that money laying there, wouldn't the first thing to cross their minds be, somebody must still be in this house?  There have been more boat trips this season than in a season of the Sopranos.  Hey Mickey, your script sucks, so shut up and take the money for the new-and-improved shitty script.  Sheesh.  So long, Jay Thomas. 

• Love 1
On 10/9/2017 at 0:42 AM, WaltersHair said:

However, it is given IV or intranasally, not by butt injection.

I politely disagree. It can be given intranasally, and intramuscularly (IM). In emergency use it can be administered through clothing. Places often used as injection sites include the deltoid muscle (upper arm, where you'd usually get your tetanus shot), in the butt, but the most usual placement goes to the upper thigh (IM). Especially in emergency situations. 

it is usually only given by IV if a patient has a postop opioid depression. In a crisis it would take too much time to get the IV line in place with a saline (or other) drip, get to the port and then administer the dose. 

(edited)

I LOVED that Terry told Ray that he did what Abby wanted and that it was her choice. I think Ray still needs to hear that about a hundred more times.

I need Avi to come back, just so he can say, "THIS FUCKING GUY!" every week when Mickey inevitably fucks up something else.

I have spent the last five seasons disliking Bridget but this week, I felt bad for her. She finally flies all the way across the country to come back to her childhood home only to find her grandfather and uncle doing coke with hookers in her house. Ugh.

The one moment I really felt for Ray was when he called Abby's phone just to hear her voice and tell her that he saw her.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:57 PM, DakotaLavender said:

On Demand!

On 10/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, BigDfromLA said:

On 10/10/2017 at 3:53 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

She had strangulation marks around her neck.  I assume it was a murder suicide and her sleazebag husband strangled her and then jumped off the balcony.

Her eyes were also wide open, so unless she strangled herself and then decided to have a staring contest with the wall, she was dead, not passed out.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Ok so Ray walks alone past police tape at one crime scene and takes an elevator up to his apartment where there's another crime scene and nobody stops him?  Really, show?

How much does an eight ball of coke and ten hookers cost these days?  I don't think a hundred thousand bucks is going to last too long.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2017 at 11:08 PM, WaltersHair said:

Why is Ray Donovan turning into Shameless West?

I'm totally confused on the timing. I'm assuming everything that happened this episode is the present? Terry and Bridget both came home from New York?

Was the male prostitute at Marilyn's star a callback to season one? Ray seems to have a soft spot for the exploited.

And Susan Sarandon is becoming the scariest person on this show. Also, thank you writers for killing off young, bland Starlet. I'm sorry she was pregnant, but damn I could not live through a Ray baby arc.

OT: Have never seen Scream 2 or 3 and it's been on HBO. Geez is Liev Shreiber young pre Ray Donovan forehead scowl wrinkle.

Nah.  Harvey is cool.

And no one confirmed her pregnancy.  I think it was a ploy.

On 10/9/2017 at 7:43 AM, Mindthinkr said:

In this episode. More than ever, Terry looked like Rays brother. It could have been the haircut. I understood him leaving the fight club, and LA, but for a minute when he was in the ring drinking heavily I wondered that he wasn't going to hang himself. Was he having guilt or remorse? 

For me, definitely both.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:39 AM, khyber said:

Hard to figure out the time arc of the story. But I'm glad the actress character is dead. She and Ray were an uninteresting couple.

I keep on flip flopping.  I think they are intentionally making us think something is a flashback and then they surprise us when it turns out to be current.

I was also laughing when she told Ray they could go out on a date.  Yeah, Ray is a dating type of fella.  His look was prime.  She did not even catch it.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, tvaddict44 said:

Is this the final season (I hope).  I can maybe finish this year's shows but this show has deteriorated so badly.  Does anyone else feel like they need a shower after watching....

Not a shower.  I just need to smack someone.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:06 AM, BigDfromLA said:

She dead.

On 10/8/2017 at 11:08 PM, WaltersHair said:

Was that rent boy at Marilyn's star the same guy who was staring at Ray at the gay sex club Fist? This show tackled some homoeroticism early on but there was some pretty overt tension between Ray and these younger boys in this ep.

I'm glad the Abby storyline is finally done so we can move on to Ray fixing other matters. The shit seems to have really hit the fan all at once. I don't foresee everything ending for the Donovans in a neat and tidy fashion like last year.

• Love 1