Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

I know how popular J&R were, but it makes me VERY uncomfortable knowing poor Keesha had to lose her boyfriend who she loved because he couldn't remember her anymore, even if AJ WAS an upgrade for her.

I really wish they had brought Vinessa Antoine on as Keisha and had TJ be her child with AJ. She could still have a DEA Agent and "Jordan Ashford" could have been her undercover alias.

• Love 1
(edited)

At this point though, who could they pair him with that people would believe wasn't him just parking himself next to nearest warm body besides Carly or Brenda?

I think it would take some excellent writing w/a real digging into Sonny's psychology.  Carly began in hate sex and Brenda was 18 when they met.  I think especially with Alexis' development of dating criminal after criminal and finally accepting a Julian means Sonny/Alexis could work now as a couple.  Of course, she's too old, right?  Wasn't that always the bullshit problem?  Sonny needs to be, if not redeemed, at least, an acceptable gray character.  I feel he can be that if the writers, yeah right, really try to explore his dynamic with women.   A pairing with an Alexis brings some light, a different perspective, while a pairing with a Carly just shuts down any discussion. 

However, TPTB since her 1996 creation seem to love Carly.  I've never been a fan. 

Edited by sunflower

At this point though, who could they pair him with that people would believe wasn't him just parking himself next to nearest warm body besides Carly or Brenda?

IMO, they should give up on the idea that Sonny is a romantic lead altogether. It isn't just that all of his non-Carly or Brenda pairings seem like him grabbing the nearest woman to keep the other side of his bed occupied, although that's an issue as well. It's that he never changes or grows, and if he does he relapses into his usual pattern with a quickness. Sonny (and Mo) are played out, and unless something really radical happens, the death spiral will continue.

• Love 4

I think it would take some excellent writing w/a real digging into Sonny's psychology.  Carly began in hate sex and Brenda was 18 went they met.  I think especially with Alexis' development of being dating criminal after criminal, they could work now as a couple.  Of course, she's too old, right?  Wasn't that always the bullshit problem?  Sonny needs to be, if not redeemed, at least, an acceptable gray character.  However, TPTB since her 1996 creation seem to love Carly.  I've never been a fan. 

Too old, too educated, too "frigid". Take your pick.

• Love 2

They really should have written him out a few years ago by having him leave the mob to go live on some island with Brenda. To me the ideal story would have been to have someone kill original recipe Kate, Sonny to have a total breakdown, Carly calls in Brenda, they work with WSB Agent Anna to fake their deaths and then go live on an island in peace.

• Love 1

I really wish they had brought Vinessa Antoine on as Keisha and had TJ be her child with AJ. She could still have a DEA Agent and "Jordan Ashford" could have been her undercover alias.

All I know is, even though I'm not sure they would EVER think of bringing back Keesha now, if they did, the original actress, Senait Ashenafi, probably wouldn't be the one playing her, if she still hasn't recovered from this:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/30/general-hospital-senait-ashenafi-booted-airplane-public-intoxication/

I haven't heard anything about her since that incident. I hope she's okay.

Sonny needs to be, if not redeemed, at least, an acceptable gray character. 

I think it would be hard to make Sonny a grey character and a mob boss. I really think the whole mob angle is the problem. It is old and tired and why can't TPTB just write it out somehow and give these actors different direction. Sonny truely quiting the mob and being a coffee importer b/c of the damage his lifestyle caused his children and wanting to be a better parent to Avery and rebuild a relationship with Michael could be a compeling story. Mo can bring it sometimes and if he had a new different dirction to play Sonny it might help.

The mob stuff just isn't very interesting, the WSB stuff could be brought back in somehow and that angle outside of actual hospital drama could be interesting.

• Love 3

Sonny truely quiting the mob and being a coffee importer b/c of the damage his lifestyle caused his children and wanting to be a better parent to Avery and rebuild a relationship with Michael could be a compeling story

That would totally work and be an interesting story.  Can't TPTB just forget how difficult it would be to get out of the mob alive?  I mean, it's a soap, when did they begin trading in reality?

• Love 2
(edited)
too educated

Sonny definitely does not like his women smart. (And they have to be stupid to get involved with him.) But I think that's because he's not-so-secretly jealous. Which is why it's totally nuts that he doesn't push his kids to go to college. He keeps claiming he wants them to have a good life, blahblahblah, but he doesn't do much to help. Yet another reason he's a terrible father.

I haven't heard anything about her since that incident. I hope she's okay.

Oh, dear.

I think for whatever reason they are scared to completely let go of the mob stuff.

Same here. I think they think the mob is too strongly identified with GH to completely let it go. There still could be a mob element to GH, but it doesn't have to be the main focus. Sonny could get out but be drawn back in every now and then to bail out Morgan (heh; he's dumb enough to get sucked in), but Sonny's main focus could be staying on the straight(isn) and narrow(ish). Have Michael fight him for the coffee business. It's really not THAT hard to come up with non-mob stories.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I do admit I want Sonny and Julian fighting over a shipment and it turns out to be a boat full of turtleneck sweaters.

Looking up some Sonny/Emily clips for peachmangosteen because I'm awful like that, and it is REALLY weird to see emily and Sonny hanging out in front of his fireplace. Makes the Sonny and Carly scene with Avery in front of the fireplace seem even weirder.

• Love 1
For me to see a scene where AJ own family emotionally belittles and damages him is much more heartbreaking to me than seeing him be punched by Sonny.  Sonny's children were targets of other people's violence due to his lifestyle but he never belittled or made his children feel like they were trash like Alan and Edward and some extent Monica did to AJ.

Did the Q's belittle AJ when he was a child, or are the events referenced above after his alcoholism was known (and he crashed the car, etc.)? I don't remember the Q's trashing AJ when he was a kid, but I don't remember a lot.

I think it would be hard to make Sonny a grey character and a mob boss. I really think the whole mob angle is the problem. It is old and tired and why can't TPTB just write it out somehow and give these actors different direction. Sonny truely quiting the mob and being a coffee importer b/c of the damage his lifestyle caused his children and wanting to be a better parent to Avery and rebuild a relationship with Michael could be a compeling story. Mo can bring it sometimes and if he had a new different dirction to play Sonny it might help.

The mob stuff just isn't very interesting, the WSB stuff could be brought back in somehow and that angle outside of actual hospital drama could be interesting.

This. A thousand times. It's the mob stuff that has ruined not only Sonny (and Jason, Shawn, Duke and other mobsters) but every character with whom they're involved. I don't know how many times I've been furious not just with their gun molls (Carly, Brenda, Sam, Emily, Liz, Alexis, etc), but with people like Robin, Maxie, and so on. 

The bomb/jail break/baby Avery storylines provided the perfect opportunity to get Sonny, Julian, and Ava out of the mob, for good. They all have legitimate businesses to fall back on (and they can be sketchy business people; they don't have to be white-washed). Luke is locked up. Helena's been exiled. Johnny has fled. There's no one to drag them back in, but at least Sonny and Julian aren't even considering the possibility. They're doubling down on their idiotic feud, as well.

If the show is afraid of totally letting go of the mob, give it to Carlos and/or Shawn. (I still hate that Shawn was a Marine and science teacher and now he's slinging BLTs and serving as Sonny's enforcer.) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is that clip where she's drunk and says she wants to "bang" him? I can't bear to watch that scene again. *shiver*

As unbearable and nasty and awful as Soily was, the scene where Max has to carry Emily up the stairs because Sonny's wee little self couldn't do it will always be a classic. How big could NL have been?

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3
(edited)

As unbearable and nasty and awful as Soily was, the scene where Max has to carry Emily up the stairs because Sonny's wee little self couldn't do it will always be a classic. How big could NL have been?

Oh, turns out the "I wanna bang you" scene and Max carrying her up the stairs are one and the same

Amazing. I still can't believe they tried this pairing. I still can't believe they hired Natalia Livingston for acting.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I still can't believe they hired Natalia Livingston for acting.

Old school OMG for reals.  She was horrible.  And wait for it, actually won an Emmy?  They really are worthless. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It gets worse when you see who the other nominees were. They made a point of mentioning that she was the only first time nominee, too, which makes the idea that her win might have rigged a bit more believable to me.

Also, for Y&R fans, Victoria Rowell alert (and, okay, our own Grayson McCouch too):

The sad thing is, she is REALLY REALLY nice, and her speech is very sweet. And LOL at the crowd having to remind her to thank Tyler. :P

Edited by UYI

Seriously ulkis are you trying to give me the hebbie jebbies? The thought of Sonny and Sam is bad enough but Sonny and little Emily? Just no.

(I see your real motive is to make Dante's bad hair seem mild...hummm<raised eyebrow>)

And I refuse to watch for fear of emotional scaring. See it is this show that is the true abuser.

• Love 2
(edited)

Since I just shared NL's Emmy win, I must also share Jacob Young's win for Lucky 2.0 (or, if your prefer, Shouty McYellerson). I remember watching him thank JFP for being "an amazing woman" and the crowd falling silent from way back when, and it's still as awesome now as it was then:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
(edited)

Seriously ulkis are you trying to give me the hebbie jebbies? The thought of Sonny and Sam is bad enough but Sonny and little Emily? Just no.

(I see your real motive is to make Dante's bad hair seem mild...hummm<raised eyebrow>)

And I refuse to watch for fear of emotional scaring. See it is this show that is the true abuser.

lol, whose hair is worse than Dante's old hair for you? 

The Emily re-cast was actually quite old looking, so it wasn't gross on that level. it was just the writing was terrible. And of course that Sonny gave the sex talk to a teen Emily's boyfriend.

It gets worse when you see who the other nominees were. They made a point of mentioning that she was the only first time nominee, too, which makes the idea that her win might have rigged a bit more believable to me.

Also, for Y&R fans, Victoria Rowell alert (and, okay, our own Grayson McCouch too):

The sad thing is, she is REALLY REALLY nice, and her speech is very sweet. And LOL at the crowd having to remind her to thank Tyler. :P

I never watched the clip myself but a lot of people, even those who didn't like her, said her submission was pretty good. I guess even the worst actors have an "on" day sometimes.

I see Jacob Young won for "younger actor", which is a crap category in the first place. (My UO? Or just opinion? I dunno if it's that unpopular - the emmys usually go to deserving people, just once in a while there is a ridiculous mistake.)

Edited by ulkis

lol, whose hair is worse than Dante's old hair for you? 

The Emily re-cast was actually quite old looking, so it wasn't gross on that level. it was just the writing was terrible. And of course that Sonny gave the sex talk to a teen Emily's boyfriend.

Oh I wasn't talking about hair I was saying watching Sonny romance very young women would make seeing bad hair pale in comparison. But I will say Jasons hair in those Keisha clips was way worse than Dante's but I don't like SBu so it doesn't bother me as bad. Let HIM have bad hair.LOL

Well I'm glad there was a recast before Soily.....but I'm still not watching it.<crosses arms and shakes head>

• Love 2

I never watched the clip myself but a lot of people, even those who didn't like her, said her submission was pretty good. I guess even the worst actors have an "on" day sometimes.

I'm not sure what episode she submitted, I think it had something to do with Emily's rape, but I don't remember her being good ever. Like as much as JY sucked as Lucky, I remember watching the episode he submitted and actually thinking he had a good shot for the Emmy because it was the rare great performance from him. Plus, I don't think his category was that stacked with talent. But with NL, I don't remember her over blowing me away with a performance. She could give decent performances - very rarely - but nothing Emmy-worthy and nothing that even compared to the people she was up against. 

No, it had something to do with when she thought Nikolas died at the Port Charles hotel, I remember that.

I think it was this

I really can't tell if Natalia is horrible or not here because I am distracted by how hilariously horrible the fire effects are and her face superimposed over the horrible effects

Try liking Carly AND Spinelli.

I love Spinelli and Sabrina. So that can be difficult.

I really can't tell if Natalia is horrible or not here because I am distracted by how hilariously horrible the fire effects are and her face superimposed over the horrible effects

I had such a love/hate for that scene. I hated Emily and Emily/Nikolas, so seeing either one in pain was nice, but any storyline about the supposed great love between Emily/Nikolas rankled. But that image of Emily with the flames over her face will never not make me laugh. There was a lot of fun fodder with that image on TWoP and it looking like Emily was burning in hell.

• Love 2

Can someone please explain to me what was so horrible about Spinelli and Maxie?  I went on the barge back when Spinelli was still crushing harmlessly on Georgie and returned just as he was exiting with the baby.  I see lots of comments in the main thread about how horrible they were, but I don't understand why.

Don't believe the hype. I think Spixie were an awesome pairing! They of course had their issues like all couples did, especially during Guza's era, but I think their chemistry was awesome and they were often really funny and sweet together.

It will forever remain a special kind of "only on GH" stupid that a baby could be taken away from her mother, because Mommy is dating a cop, and given to her father, who worked for the motherfucking mob. There's a lot we are asked to hand wave in soaps, but this one?  I just can't.

I think worked, past tense, is the essential word there. Plus, she wasn't taken away from Maxie because she was dating a cop. Maxie probably could have raised Georgie if she hadn't been a dumbass and lied and given the baby to Dante and Lulu. While, I think the judge was way harsh in his first, and continual decisions about Maxie getting to see Georgie, she initially lost her because of her lies and the damage she caused everyone with the baby lie. Plus, as we found out later, Judge Walters had personal reasons for his coming down on Maxie.

• Love 1
Plus, as we found out later, Judge Walters had personal reasons for his coming down on Maxie.

So he should have recused his ass from the case. The idea that a child is better off with a father who worked with and worshiped mobsters is supremely fucked up. Not saying Maxie should have custody, either. Mac and Felicia should have had custody.

Then again, I don't think Spinelli or Maxie should have reproduced. Poor Georgie has no chance - unless she has inherited her late aunt's brains as well as her name.

• Love 2
(edited)

I still hate that Shawn was a Marine and science teacher and now he's slinging BLTs and serving as Sonny's enforcer.

I liked Shawn in the beginning (post Balkin). His friendship with Carly and his...whatever that was with Molly. Did they had to go and ruin him by making him one of Sonny's goons. And he has the audacity to be an incompetent mob goon at that.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought NL submitted after Alan had his heart attack during the MC Crisis?

Alan didn't die until 2007, and NL won in 2005. Unless he had one before that?

ETA: ulkis beat me to it!

Coming up on the 10th anniversary of that glorious event! 

This, too!

Edited by UYI

I see Jacob Young won for "younger actor", which is a crap category in the first place. (My UO? Or just opinion? I dunno if it's that unpopular - the emmys usually go to deserving people, just once in a while there is a ridiculous mistake.)

It is no longer necessary because of the limited amount of soaps, but I think in its day it served a purpose when actual children/teenagers won like Jonathan Jackson and Kimberly McCullough, who didn't have the years of training and politics would prevent them from getting nominated in the Supporting Actor category. My issue was that the cut off is too old. It should have been limited to people below 20. 

• Love 4
(edited)

And why exactly was Michael and carley staying at the Q's seems I remember she married him to get his inheritence. She drugged him poured booze over him, she wanted to live and have Michael also live with the mob. Carley and Sonny pushed AJ to do lots of things. Plus Carley went back to *visit Lila* ? then to rub it in she was pregnant with Satan sonnys sperm, then her temper made her fall down the stairs, Carley and Sonny both took exactly what they wanted. It will be justice when Michael takes Avery and raises her in the Q mansion. End of story!JMO

i don't want to stir this up again but actually Carly did go to visit Lila with Sonny b/c Edward summond Sonny to the Qs to get his help in some underhandness at ELQ. As she was leaving she met drunk AJ on the stair who argued with her. The falling down the stairs was an accident but drunk AJ acted very poorly about the whole thing.  Plus the fight was about Michael Carly never even brought up her pregnancy. There isn't one side right in this. AJ goaded Sonny and Sonny goaded AJ. To me what they had was a flat out fued that both sides contributed to. AJ and Sonny had this fued long before Michael became the crown jewel. By that same token Carly and AJ both had a hand in the bad blood between them.

It wasn't a good thing for Michael to be a pawn all those years and it isn't a good thing for Avery either. Michael doesn't look good in all this. He'd get more sympathy from me for going after Sonny's business rather than involve a child b/c I'm sure Sonny and Ava will do plenty of fighting over her just as Carly and AJ did over Michael. Michael isn't removing her from anything more like inserting himself in a sad mess.

Edited by Cattitude

i don't want to stir this up again but actually Carly did go to visit Lila with Sonny b/c Edward summond Sonny to the Qs to get his help in some underhandness at ELQ. As she was leaving she met drunk AJ on the stair who argued with her. The falling down the stairs was an accident but drunk AJ acted very poorly about the whole thing. There isn't one side right in this. AJ goaded Sonny and Sonny goaded AJ. To me what they had was a flat out fued that both sides contributed to. AJ and Sonny had this fued long before Michael became the crown jewel. By that same token Carly and AJ both had a hand in the bad blood between them.

It wasn't a good thing for Michael to be a pawn all those years and it isn't a good thing for Avery either. Michael doesn't look good in all this. He'd get more sympathy from me for going after Sonny's business rather than involve a child b/c I'm sure Sonny and Ava will do plenty of fighting over her just as Carly and AJ did over Michael. Michael isn't removing her from anything more like inserting himself in a sad mess.

Yes, but the whole visit started the urban legend of AJ "pushing" Carly when it never happened. And while AJ didn't act mature, I don't think I would, either, if the woman who tried everything to make my life hell sat there in my face trying to rub her shit in said face. But all AJ did was grab Carly's wrist.

She provoked AJ near the stairs when she knew he was drinking.

She is the one who, after doing so, yanked her hand out and lost her balance.

So it was basically her own damned fault because of her smug bitchiness that she lost Sonny's baby.

• Love 8

And why exactly was Michael and carley staying at the Q's seems I remember she married him to get his inheritence. She drugged him poured booze over him, 

Oh, Carly definitely married AJ for money, but the pouring booze over him was WAY before that - I think she was pregnant with Michael at the time and wanted AJ to think he was unfit to be a parent, in case he remembered the one-night stand and questioned the paternity. I remember Carly telling the Qs, Jason was dangerous and might kidnap Michael ... she was mad at him at the time for some reason. This was at a time when she was letting the world think either AJ or Jason could be the father of Michael. She and AJ were seated together in a court room; their attorney said they were engaged and would provide a stable, loving home. 

Yes, but the whole visit started the urban legend of AJ "pushing" Carly when it never happened. And while AJ didn't act mature, I don't think I would, either, if the woman who tried everything to make my life hell sat there in my face trying to rub her shit in said face. But all AJ did was grab Carly's wrist.

She provoked AJ near the stairs when she knew he was drinking.

She is the one who, after doing so, yanked her hand out and lost her balance.

So it was basically her own damned fault because of her smug bitchiness that she lost Sonny's baby.

THANK YOU!

Carly has pretty much always been a psychotic liar, but the thing about AJ pushing her down the stairs really takes the cake because she was all up in his grill about Sonny. If he had pushed her down the stairs, it wasn't as if she was a completely innocent party.

• Love 7

sigh. Even though this isn't the history thread I'll just post this here and leave it at that.

Unfortunately you have to go to youtube to watch it and I'm not sure everyone has access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9b5s7t4eA&feature=player_embedded

Carly and AJ happened to meet on the stairs and argued. If anything AJ started it but they were both at fault. No one goaded the other they both argued and it lead to an accident. Neither caused or meant it to happen it was an accident.

Carly and AJ happened to meet on the stairs and argued. If anything AJ started it but they were both at fault. No one goaded the other they both argued and it lead to an accident. Neither caused or meant it to happen it was an accident.

And if that was how Carly told it afterward, that would have been fine, but it wasn't. Instead, she got all Madeline Ashton about it - "AJ! You pushed me down the stairs...."

• Love 7

i don't want to stir this up again but actually Carly did go to visit Lila with Sonny b/c Edward summond Sonny to the Qs to get his help in some underhandness at ELQ. As she was leaving she met drunk AJ on the stair who argued with her. The falling down the stairs was an accident but drunk AJ acted very poorly about the whole thing. There isn't one side right in this. AJ goaded Sonny and Sonny goaded AJ. To me what they had was a flat out fued that both sides contributed to. AJ and Sonny had this fued long before Michael became the crown jewel. By that same token Carly and AJ both had a hand in the bad blood between them.

Carly was to blame for the bad blood between them because she drugged and dumped alcohol on AJ. I think if I was recovering from a long term mental and physical condition, one that cost me my brother, I would be pretty pissed at the person that jeopardized it. I think AJ would be a lot more gracious about Carly lying about paternity if she hadn't done that. And I don't believe she every apologized to him when AJ was he was lucid ( I could be missing that scene, who knows).

And what a difference a decade makes when watching that scene between Edward and Sonny. I am getting pissed on Edward's behalf to watch this fucking criminal letting him twist in the wind concerning the company he built from the ground up. Kind of like territory, except that Edward actually earned it. I hated watching this man grovel at the feet of Sonny. 

Absolutely it was Carly's own fault. She didn't have to engage in fighting with AJ, especially an obviously drunk AJ. On the stairs.

If threads seem to be so pro AJ and anti Sonny, it is Guza's fault. While neither said were angels, Guza never let AJ catch a break. Even Scotty got to have his great love of Dominique, however fleeting it was. AJ never got a great love. While I watch 3 women hold vigil outside Jakeson's hospital room, while a fourth sacrificed her family to bring him back to life, who is there to remember AJ as fondly?  McTavish rightly gets a lot of flak for her writing, but at least she attempted to build a type of love story between AJ and Courtney (and I know the actors really enjoyed working together), but those idiots Frons and Guza decided to move Courtney over to Jason as a mobbed up version of Ken and Barbie. I hated Journey's Courtney, buy Cajey's Courtney I could like, especially if she gave the Qs attitude because of their treatment of AJ. 

• Love 7

The end of that last clip was kind of sweet, then I watched this.

and my opinion is unchanged.

This was after AJ's drinking hurt a lot of people. Here, a clip from the same time, shows Alan seeking Kevin for professional help, to help AJ 

The Quartermaines loved AJ. But he was an alcoholic, which they struggled with which is normal. But they did not abuse him.

The lying about the Q's lying about the accident was not to hurt AJ; it was to protect him. Not unlike when Sonny, Jason, etc. decided to cover up Claudia's murder which caused a ridiculous amount of harm to Michael 

• Love 5

The most hilarious part was when Carly later told Robin it was Robin's fault a "drunken AJ pushed me down the stairs!"

Carly was just delusional during the baby Michael mess -- everything was always someone else's fault.

I wasn't watching during the Tamara Braun years, but based on clips, that might've been the most human Carly who had the potential to grow and learn. LW is a good actress and I love her hair, but her Carly is back to being a delusional monster with a heaping side of smug.

I still can't believe they brought back AJ just to kill him. Bullshit. In the show that plays in my head, he is just coming out of a coma right now from Sonny's gunshot, regaining his power of speech and plotting Sonny's financial ruin.

• Love 10

If threads seem to be so pro AJ and anti Sonny, it is Guza's fault. While neither said were angels, Guza never let AJ catch a break. Even Scotty got to have his great love of Dominique, however fleeting it was. AJ never got a great love. While I watch 3 women hold vigil outside Jakeson's hospital room, while a fourth sacrificed her family to bring him back to life, who is there to remember AJ as fondly?  McTavish rightly gets a lot of flak for her writing, but at least she attempted to build a type of love story between AJ and Courtney (and I know the actors really enjoyed working together), but those idiots Frons and Guza decided to move Courtney over to Jason as a mobbed up version of Ken and Barbie. I hated Journey's Courtney, buy Cajey's Courtney I could like, especially if she gave the Qs attitude because of their treatment of AJ. 

IA differnce between AJ and scotty was that although he was thrown under bus for luke Gloria monty didn't hate scotty.She gave him POV stories and love interests.Guza however seemed to have it in for poor AJ.I always felt sorry for AJ poor guy got no happiness in his life at all no love ect.

The most hilarious part was when Carly later told Robin it was Robin's fault a "drunken AJ pushed me down the stairs!"

Caly blamed robin for everything.One of the reasons I never liked her is because she never had to take responsablity for her actions.

• Love 3

I wasn't watching during the Tamara Braun years, but based on clips, that might've been the most human Carly who had the potential to grow and learn.

This is me, too. Her Carly actually looked like someone who could eventually become a nice person, and I would actually be able to believe it. I know there are fans of the other Carlys who thought she was too nice, but to me she had enough of the edge Carly is known for to offset it. So even if TB's Carly had ever reformed, I don't think she would have ever really been boring.

• Love 1

I first started watching the show when the panic room story started and that's the reason why I have, up until now, never been able to hate Carly. I loved TB's Carly. She definitely had some edge but, like SlovakPrincess said, she gave Carly more of a human side. I believed she might be able to learn and grown. Plus, like Grrpants09 said, she and Alcazar were so hot. I was so into that shit!