Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Dancing in September

Responding to the death of a plastic surgeon, Riggs and Murtaugh are drawn into a case involving an illegal drug ring run out of a wellness clinic. DEA Agent Palmer and Riggs compete to solve the case first. Trish and Murtaugh face the emotional challenges of sending RJ off to college.

23 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

Palmer’s back and skinnier than ever. Dang, does the girl never eat?

I've decided that Hilarie is just one of those tall skinny people.  She seems really active with her family on the farm and also posts about her garden/food all the time.  Some people are just small like that. Maybe she'll keep some of the pregnancy weight because she looked good at the Emmys  

Edited by Stuffy

Hilary Burton looked scary skinny. I was wondering if she was trying to give the girl who plays Cahill a run for her money.

Another great episode. I loved the 'finger linger,' hee.

So is R.J. gone for good or will the actor still be around?

This episode was fantastic. It had everything I love on the show. From New Normal Riggs to finger-linger, I laughed out loud half of the time.

I love Palmer. I love how Riggs is with her. He's smitten and adorable but no less crazy. I'd never thought they'd get their Martin/Lorna type right, right off the bat.  Probably they didn't, either, LOL. I really wish Hilarie Burton could be a regular or very heavily recurring somehow, after her maternity leave.

I like the new boss, for now. I think she was only messing with Roger's head in the end, but if she's serious Trish is going to kick her ass. And now Avery can be on the field with Roger and Martin, which makes for hilarious scenes.

Really entertaining episode.  I liked Palmer being back and the new boss could be a good addition.  It had a solid balance of humor and action with some nice human moments thrown in as well.

I think my favorite part of the episode was the captain, though.  His interactions with Riggs and Murtaugh are always a high point but seeing him in the field was an extra treat.  Would love to see more of that in the future.

Two episodes into season two and I am starting to think that LW being a surprise hit in it's first season wasn't an accident.  Looking forward to where they go next.

1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

Jordana Brewster looks emaciated.

I feel like Jordana hasn't had anything like a fat in her food since the year 2000. I know she's vegan but damn. No meat on her bones.

I really enjoy this show and I generally can't procedurals anymore. It's just fun popcorn tv. 

Roger slapping the last box down after R.J mocked him made me laugh out loud. That's pure Damon Wayans right there.

I love this show, it's so much fun!

Murtaugh family drama generally doesn't do much for me but Trish's change in perspective when she realized RJ was really about to start a new chapter in his life was great.

Certainly not complaining but Cahill's brown leather skinny jeans were an unusual choice of office attire. I'm guessing that since Riggs and Murtaugh break every rule known to policing, Cahill decided she could get a little casual with the dress code.

Michelle Hurd sure gets around! She's Grover's wife on Hawaii 5-0, last season's villain on Blindspot and now she seems to be settling in on this show. IMDB tells me she was also in Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

That last scene with Riggs and Palmer was cute but since when does the LAPD get the captain to announce that there's a robbery going on and then ask who would like to go respond to it?

I have to give the show credit for building some legitimate tension as regards the fate of Palmer as well. Since Riggs was so happy I wasn't sure how far this show would go to make him broody and miserable again so I was thinking for a moment that they might just kill Palmer off.

3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I have to give the show credit for building some legitimate tension as regards the fate of Palmer as well. Since Riggs was so happy I wasn't sure how far this show would go to make him broody and miserable again so I was thinking for a moment that they might just kill Palmer off.

It’ll be interesting to see where the show goes. I’ve not see anything announcing that the actress who plays Palmer has joined the show, even on a part time basis. (Maybe the press didn’t think it was newsworthy enough.) She’s also not been in any of the promo pictures I’ve seen. But she has obviously become very important to Riggs. I can’t see how they can kill her off or even let her “disappear” (via getting transferred or something). So, what will happen?

5 hours ago, JackONeill said:

It’ll be interesting to see where the show goes. I’ve not see anything announcing that the actress who plays Palmer has joined the show, even on a part time basis. (Maybe the press didn’t think it was newsworthy enough.) She’s also not been in any of the promo pictures I’ve seen. But she has obviously become very important to Riggs. I can’t see how they can kill her off or even let her “disappear” (via getting transferred or something). So, what will happen?

They probably knew she was pregnant going into filming the season . And Hilarie probably prefers to be recurring as she lives in NY State on her farm with JDM and owning the candy shop with Mr and Mrs Rudd.

The only show since Tree Hill she has been a regular on for any length of time was White Collar and that filmed in NY

15 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Jordana Brewster looks emaciated.

She has for years now. She looks so different than the first Fast and Furious! 

Was I the only one that was disappointed that Rigg didn't take those wet things off and dry off on the boat? Stupid commercials. 

Martin taking off his sunglasses to show his eyes to Roger and saying he was normal was hilarious. Roger was so shocked to see the non-bloodshot whites of his eyes.

Riggs preening with Palmer when he first brought her the case was too cute. While you can tell he's uncomfortable with dating, you can also tell a weight has been lifted, he isn't anguished, he wants to try it's just that he's rusty about how to go about it.

And Martin apologizing, admitting he screwed up, and Palmer accepting? They acting like grown folks and it's great.

I'd rather Palmer be Martin's 'Lorna' rather than Cahill. They just click to me and I can see them in a long haul and Palmer having a baby without missing a beat like Lorna did in the movies.

Hilarie Burton was too sweet. She posted a tweet thanking the LW stunt team for taking care of her and the baby in their prep for the stunt scenes.  She was rocking that bikini!

Avery in the field is great. Avery also 'had... a... little chin... thing' Hee.

Loved Scorsese and Avery giving Martin advice during his call with Palmer. Then Martin freaking out "I'm losing you, I'm losing you, good-bye!"

Cheering Bailey on as she did the computer thing was hilarious.

8 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Is the DEA Agent supposed to be the same character Rene Russo played in the movies? 

I haven’t seen the movies in years. 

Well, she has a different name, so I'm guessing not, since all of the other major characters have appeared - complete with their name - from the movies. Leo Getz, being another example besides Riggs, Murtaugh, and Trish...

Love this show! What a good episode. I agree with Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans being gold and Writers please have Palmer be the Woman Riggs is meant to be with. Get a way for Hilarie to be on Contract and for her actual name to be Lorna. Love her and Riggs together. She s a way better fit for him than Cahill

Finally saw this episode.  Riggs trying so hard to be normal and insisting that's he's all better was hilarious.  Of course he's not "all better" but he is better.  I think cutting his hair was somehow symbolic of that.

Pretty solid episode all the way around.  Sure, they had to work in ways for Bailey and Scorcese to contribute, but it worked.  Actually, considering how many characters there are, it's impressive that they did manage to work everyone in.  Good balance of Murtagh's home life, the office, the field work, even Palmer's office and her fellow exile.  All we were missing was Baby Murtagh.