Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

I think it's awkward in that if people who have a disability get all "OMG I would hate my child to have it" then they catch crap about even having a child. If they aren't ok with the kid having the disability, they also catch crap about taking the risk.

• Love 4
(edited)

It is ethically debated but they could have had a designer baby where they remove the dwarfism genes and replace them with other family traits that are more pleasing to appearance or lineage.  I can't even fathom the cost. 

Edited by Mindthinkr

I didn't really understand Matt's reasoning that Amy had to help pay for the cabin he wanted to build for himself.  She shouldn't have to pay one dime for the structure or the things inside the structure, but she would have to agree that the land it sits on would not be farm land anymore but a residence.  If Jer and Aud want to move back to the farm, then build a house.  The main house is taken.  Why don't they just move back to the town closest to the farm and live in town.  They don't need to be "on the farm" to help work the farm.  Amy should not have to give up her home to go live in a double wide so that everyone else can be accommodated. 

Jer was so jealous of Zach having the first grandchild.  Haha.  Go Zach! 

Matt giving "advice" to Zach about becoming a dad made me so mad.  I hate it when someone tried to overwhelm someone else.  Matt has 4 kids and has had years to gain all his "wisdom" on parenting.  Seemed like to me he was trying to scare him.  Zach is about to become a parent to one baby.  Let him learn how to be a dad/parent as the baby grows and if/when their family expands. 

I do hope we get to see Molly's wedding.  She's my favorite. 

• Love 4

I'm going to give Amy the benefit of the doubt and just believe that she really did think the gender reveal party was for close friends and family and that's why she didn't invite her boyfriend.  I will admit that it seemed like she might have decided to leave him out, so she could play the victim again.  I mean, TORI and ZACH invited Caryn, so, she can't blame Matt for that.  Obviously, they wanted her there.  So, Amy has to appear hurt. that Caryn was an invited guest.  Honestly, it seemed to me that Amy's boyfriend would have been just fine as a guest.  He makes Amy happy and is a very nice man.  What's the problem?  I wonder if Amy's kids don't like him for some reason....THAT would explain some things.  If there is no reason for it, they need to get over it.  If mom is happy, they should be happy for her.  

The jealousy was on full display with Jer and Audrey.  Man......that was sad to see.  Those two act less mature now than before they got married.  What's up with that?

Amy said that ALL OF THE FAMILY was coming to the Gender Reveal party. Did anyone see Jacob?  I must have missed him. 

I do wonder if Tori and Zach had genetic counseling before getting pregnant.  Tor said their chance of having an LP was 50/50.  

I suspect that Matt wanted a boy so much, so that he would have someone to ride mules with, build forts, climb trees, etc.  The rough and tumble stuff that a girl might not like.

• Love 2

What does Zach do for work?  Is he a manager or instructor at the soccer facility?  Between that and whatever TLC pays, and Tori's job they seem to be doing OK.  They have a house of their own and have made it known they do not have interest in taking over the farm.  Why is Matt asking about what Zach's long term plans are?  I guess Matt hustled when his kids were young to make Roloff Farms happen and got a TV show out of it to provide for his kids, but what does Matt think Zach should do?  Has Matt suggested that his man-child idol Jeremy or his wife get real jobs yet?  Blogging and taking photos will not suppport the hipster doofus lifestyle those two idiots believe they are entitled to.

Maybe I read too much into it because I do not like Jerk & Oddj, but I swear I saw abject terror and jealousy in their faces when discussing Z & T's being first in the Great Grandbaby Greed Grab.  WTF "clock" is Jerk babbling about?  If anything, Jerk and his wife set the clock with their 2-year waiting period before kids rule.  I don't believe Z&T signed any non-compete clause. Did they expect Zach & Tori to wait until all Jerk & Oddj's "fucking for Jesus" was rewarded with a pregnancy? 

Amy would be wise to let Matt buy her out of the big house and move into her own place, off the farm property.  She can still be close enough to see her grandchildren.  Three of her 4 children do not currently live on the property and have made lives of their own, so it isn't as if her time with them would change. Jerk and Oddj want to move back home, & just take over the farm in name only...they have made no mention of paying for any property or buying into an interest. She can see her idiot son and daughter-in-law scheming  working the land when she comes to work/visit. If she moved off property, Amy would have the bonus of not dealing with Matt, his girlfriend or his antics.

• Love 8

The show hasn't revealed much about Zach's job, except that he coaches kid's soccer and it's only for a few hours a day.  I can't imagine that would pay enough money to support a family.  Plus, he has the TLC paycheck and I bet that is pretty good.  He likely can support his family on that income.  Plus, Tori works.  So, I would imagine they do pretty well.  The trouble is, what if the TLC paycheck goes away....then, what if Tori can't work for some reason.  There is always illness, injury, children who need care, etc.  If he's on her insurance and she loses her job, that could be problematic.  I think it's fair to explore things before the kids arrive.  I do think that Tori has probably already given it a lot of thought and has a plan though. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I find her very annoying - especially the way she talks to Matt; she's always rude to him and confrontational, while I only see Matt as irritating once in a while.

You put into words exactly the way I've felt about this couple since the show began.  I think Amy fell out of love with Matt many years before the divorce.  Matter of fact, I don't think she was in love with him when they started the series.  Matt has sever health issues.  I've never seen Amy once show any compassion or empathy towards Matt.  I know Matt can lay it on quite thick at times when he's going through something physically, yet I can't help but believe Amy would not have care one whit if Matt didn't survive some of the surgeries he had while they were married.

They would go on family vacations and Matt would encourage her to go off and hang with the kids because there were some things he was not capable of doing.  And she went - all the time!  Not once did I hear her say, "Lets look around and see if we can find something we can do together."

Amy is a witch and she was not nice to Matt's parents (whom I adored).  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

You put into words exactly the way I've felt about this couple since the show began.  I think Amy fell out of love with Matt many years before the divorce.  Matter of fact, I don't think she was in love with him when they started the series.  Matt has sever health issues.  I've never seen Amy once show any compassion or empathy towards Matt.  I know Matt can lay it on quite thick at times when he's going through something physically, yet I can't help but believe Amy would not have care one whit if Matt didn't survive some of the surgeries he had while they were married.

They would go on family vacations and Matt would encourage her to go off and hang with the kids because there were some things he was not capable of doing.  And she went - all the time!  Not once did I hear her say, "Lets look around and see if we can find something we can do together."

Amy is a witch and she was not nice to Matt's parents (whom I adored).  

I hit the like button within the first sentence or two. I never got the feeling Amy cared for Matt at all, she wanted to be a mother and that's what she focused on, period. I also think that's what drove the wedge deeper in their marriage, she never let Matt in that circle of hers at all, they were her kids and by golly she was doing it her way. I think it was her insecurities as a LP, she had to prove she could raise these kids and no one was gonna tell her otherwise, forgetting that it takes a dad too. All the mentions of Matt not being there for the kids, before the show how many times had she pushed him to the side, push enough and eventually they get the hint......hence the divorce.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy said that ALL OF THE FAMILY was coming to the Gender Reveal party. Did anyone see Jacob?  I must have missed him. 

Jacob has said that he is frequently at family events but stays off camera.  It's his choice not to be filmed.

18 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Three of her 4 children do not currently live on the property

Isn't it four out of four currently don't live on the farm?  Who is still there?

• Love 3

Matt and Amy both have their good qualities and bad - I don't "side" with either one but I can see how each might view the other.  Matt can be a handful - everything is about him.  Amy just plain ran out of Fs to give.  Yes, she can seem dismissive and ungrateful for what Matt was able to provide.  Frankly, the entire family is so entitled it is pathetic.

I find it disgusting that Jer and whatsherface think they should be able to move into the big house while Matt offers her the double wide.  Screw that.  Buy her out if you want her off the farm. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I hit the like button within the first sentence or two. I never got the feeling Amy cared for Matt at all, she wanted to be a mother and that's what she focused on, period. I also think that's what drove the wedge deeper in their marriage, she never let Matt in that circle of hers at all, they were her kids and by golly she was doing it her way. I think it was her insecurities as a LP, she had to prove she could raise these kids and no one was gonna tell her otherwise, forgetting that it takes a dad too. All the mentions of Matt not being there for the kids, before the show how many times had she pushed him to the side, push enough and eventually they get the hint......hence the divorce.

Oh yes!  And did you notice that jealousy streak in Amy when talking about having to share her kids with Caryn?  That seemed very out of line to me.  Those kids are adults and able to forge their own opinions, relationships and bonds.  WHY would Amy be threatened over sharing her adult kids? I just don't get it.  I think that it really bothered Amy that Tori and Zach invited Caryn to the party.  She used this time to show just how she feels about it.  So petty.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

As for Jeremy and Audrey getting the farm, I don't get why Amy lives in the big house (it might have been mentioned in an episode I didn't see) because I will assume most, if not all of the money required to buy that property was Matt's, though this sense of female entitlement to the ex-husband's stuff isn't a new thing.

Seriously?  The money was theirs.  They were married.  Amy gave birth to and raised four children.  Maybe her house wasn't always perfectly kept, but I believe that was her passive aggressive coping mechanism required for living with the controlling dictator named Matt.  And Amy raised four kids, worked two part-time jobs, all the while Matt was unemployed.  And they both "worked" for the length of the TV series.  I just can't understand how it could possibly be referred to as "Matt's money".  

• Love 17

Actually, it doesn't really matter who earned the money during the marriage. It's still marital if obtained during the marriage, unless it's something like an inheritance.  Most states it's a 50/50 split, unless there's some big reason to not do 50/50.  I have no issue with that. Matt admits that Amy was a great mom.  I don't agree with him, but, that's what he says.  Oh well, it's water under the bridge at this point. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jacob has said that he is frequently at family events but stays off camera.  It's his choice not to be filmed.

Isn't it four out of four currently don't live on the farm?  Who is still there?

You are right, none of the 4 are currently there as of this episode. I'm just assuming it's a given that Jeremy and Audi will be back on the farm soon.  Now that she's pregnant, and they feel they are in 2nd place in the inheritance race, they will move back to start their take over the farm plan.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Awfarmington said:

A parent should always want better for their kids than they had it. My husband is not tall, 5' 8" at the most, likely shorter. We have 4 sons, and I've always hoped they would be taller, because in the real world, it's desirable for a man to be tall or at least average height. My hubby has always said he hopes they all grown up to be no taller than he is 'because a son should never be taller than his dad'. My older two have since passed him up by a good few inches, which has caused jealousy/insecurity issues for him. When I saw Zach being okay with his child potentially being a little person, it reminded me of my husband wanting short sons. It's very selfish, but I don't think they see it. Or don't care to see it. 

Of course Zach would be fine with his son being a little person. The problem I have is believing "I want him to be a little person", which is not what he said. (Matt said it). No one wants their child to be born knowing he'll face a good deal of his childhood in the hospital. I can't be convinced of that.

• Love 4

That house was remodeled with TLC MONEY (not that TLC paid for it... but their salary from TLC).  They didn't remodel it until season 2 or 3. So yes, Amy deserves that house if she wants it.

Matt didn't have to give it to her. He could have fought for it if he wanted it.  But he made that agreement and now he can suck it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

You are right, none of the 4 are currently there as of this episode. I'm just assuming it's a given that Jeremy and Audi will be back on the farm soon.  Now that she's pregnant, and they feel they are in 2nd place in the inheritance race, they will move back to start their take over the farm plan.  

Their hesitance to move back is actually kind of odd to me.  I think if they really wanted to move back they would have done so years ago, or at least after they moved back from California. But instead they moved 4(?) hours away and keep talking about when they will move back. They have nothing tying them to any other location yet they claim to be too busy to move back to the farm.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, beeziebee said:

And Amy raised four kids, worked two part-time jobs, all the while Matt was unemployed.

When the show first started, Matt was a successful businessman.  He traveled quite a bit.  They even showed him in some of the boardroom meetings.  So he wasn't unemployed.  Amy was a stay-at-home mom.  It was Matt's money that converted that house, especially the kitchen, to be user friendly for Amy.  It was Matt who got them the TLC contract that brought in the money that was used to update the house and keep the farm running.  Matt contributed a lot to what all of them have materially.  He may not have been the easiest person in the world to live with, but there was never in doubt in my mind about his love for his family.  I heard him say years ago and this is a direct quote: "I'll do whatever I have to do to take care of my family.  If it means I have sell my crutches in eBay, then that's what I'll do."

I'll take a Matt over a lazy-ass man who contributes nothing but expects everything anytime.

• Love 6

With Chris not having been officially introduced to Zach and Tory, I actually agreed with Amy's reasoning to not invite her boyfriend. She was right, the event was about them, not her new guy. And Matt was enjoying needling Amy in the kitchen after trotting in with Caryn a little too much. As for who fell out of love and mistreated who... sorry, Matt was cheerfully publically bitching at and running down his wife for too many years, all while merrily snotting how he's a man who is proud to lie to his wife about money, for me to think "Poor put upon innocent Matt is Amy's victim." And spare me the "Poor Matt forced on hateful vacations" - Matt clearly adores traveling on his own without his family, he does it all the time BY HIMSELF. This year alone he's been to Hawaii and Belize, so forgive me but heaven forbid he tell the wife to go have fun with the kids and she does! How dare that bitch! Amy's job, when her husband tells her to go have fun with the kids is to say "no sir, Matt sir, you are my husband and I must sit at your side if you can't participate always as I married you and can never ever leave your side even if you tell me to". Come on.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yes!  And did you notice that jealousy streak in Amy when talking about having to share her kids with Caryn?  That seemed very out of line to me.  Those kids are adults and able to forge their own opinions, relationships and bonds.  WHY would Amy be threatened over sharing her adult kids? I just don't get it.  I think that it really bothered Amy that Tori and Zach invited Caryn to the party.  She used this time to show just how she feels about it.  So petty.  

It might feel to Amy that Caryn is taking over her life. Matt might want to get back into the house and then just go back to his old way of life save that it's with Caryn now...not Amy. Of course she is going to feel resentment that another woman comes in and takes over her life. 

• Love 5

"When the show first started, Matt was a successful businessman. He traveled quite a bit. They even showed him in some of the boardroom meetings. So he wasn't unemployed." A little of choice a and b., actually. When the show started, Matt was unemployed. He was attempting to get a stepstool business off the ground so a lot of the meetings shown were sales attempts (the stool business may still be around but it was not a huge money maker) In season two Matt was employed for a while as a sales rep for some software company. However, the first episode of LPBW is partly available on Youtube and Matt is clearly depicted as being unemployed and attempting to turn the farm into a bigger business. Amy was a stay at home mom until Matt was laid off, she ten took several jobs (depicted on the show). Since the show has become more successful, Matt has tried to rewrite history but it is what it is. He wasn't employed when the show started, and without the TLC factor, his businesses wouldn't be that successful.

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm not sure what to believe about Amy not introducing the kids to her boyfriend by now.  Do you recall last season when he was picking her up at her house and some of the kids were out in the yard? I can't recall the details.  HOWEVER, to me, six months is a long time to date someone exclusively and then NOT introduce them to your family.  They aren't minors. I would get it if they were young children.  It caused me to think about something else from last season where Audrey and Jer were complaining about Amy's partying.  Recall that?  And, I even think that Zach had some kind of comment on what was going on with Amy late at night.  NOW, I'm wondering if it's related to her boyfriend and that there's something we aren't be told explicitly.  Of course, maybe, I'm reading too much into it.  Time will tell.  I suppose we'll see more pretty soon. They guy seems super legit to me.  If Amy is happy, I say go with it.

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I am not team Amy by a long shot but....the gender reveal was at HER house, if they wanted to call the shots on who was invited and who wasn't, have it at your own house. She plainly said, several times, Tori invited Caryn so she could have, if she wanted, invited Chris it was at her house.  She made the statement about sharing her kids with someone else, that's what happens when you divorce, just as Matt will share his GRANDSON with whomever Amy chooses to marry. 

I think there is a real double standard with the kids, specifically Jer & Auj but possibly with Zach as well.  They don't like that their mom is dating.  Matt dating, however, is just fine.  

I wonder if Matt is having the "Do you have a plan?" talk with Jeremy like he did with Zach.  Of course, Jeremy's plan is to inherit everything.  I keep reading here about some conversations about building a cabin for Matt, Jer & Auj living in the big house, etc.  When did that happen?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I couldn't disagree more. In my opinion, Amy was far too busy raising four kids to indulge Matt's ego-driven nonsense.

Amy certainly did not "forget it takes a dad, too." Go back and watch the first season, specifically Zach's soccer games. Amy was (justifiably) concerned about the fact that Matt consistently chose not to attend the games because soccer wasn't his thing. What kind of father behaves that way? If anything, Amy encouraged Matt time and time again to take an interest in the kids' lives and activities.

If she appeared harsh in her dealings with him, I think her demeanor was justified. She was married to a man-child who, without exception, put his needs before anyone else's. 

• Love 17

From seeing what I believe was a promo for an upcoming show, Amy was asking Chris something about “the next 6 months” (of their relationship).  His response was most definitely non-committal, in my opinion.  I was shocked she actually even broached the subject of “their” future, and somewhat surprised by his reaction.  I may be wrong, but I don’t think Chris is going to be around for much longer.  Did any of you see this?  What do you think?   

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Maizie131 said:

From seeing what I believe was a promo for an upcoming show, Amy was asking Chris something about “the next 6 months” (of their relationship).  His response was most definitely non-committal, in my opinion.  I was shocked she actually even broached the subject of “their” future, and somewhat surprised by his reaction.  I may be wrong, but I don’t think Chris is going to be around for much longer.  Did any of you see this?  What do you think?   

I did, unless it was edited to look like that, she was quite shocked at his answer.  I think she's jumped in with both feet, hopefully it'll last. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Maizie131 said:

I noticed as well. Of course TLC can edit convo's to sound a certain way. But it didn't look good. Chris is in his 50's and never been married. To me, that sounds like a guy who isn't into commitment. 

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

I noticed as well. Of course TLC can edit convo's to sound a certain way. But it didn't look good. Chris is in his 50's and never been married. To me, that sounds like a guy who isn't into commitment. 

Absolutely agree w/you about editing, Awfarmington, and that thought occurred to me, too.  The dynamics of the whole situation with TV personalities on a reality show -- I'm not sure we'll ever really know what goes on behind closed doors w/o the cameras rolling.  I do hope both Amy and Matt find happiness because I believe they're both good people.

Must say I was disturbed that Matt's gal friend showed up @ the reveal party...and that she was even invited.  I agreed w/Amy's opinion that this was not the time to be "introducing" even a possible significant other to the family. 

I think Amy should get the hell outta dodge.  This close proximity - for both of them - just isn't healthy.  It's obvious Matt ain't going (moving away) anywhere.  Take the money (and I've gotta believe it'd be a sizeable sum) & run, Amy. 

Edited by Maizie131
  • Love 4

I think Amy should get the hell outta dodge.  This close proximity - for both of them - just isn't healthy.  It's obvious Matt ain't going (moving away) anywhere.  Take the money (and I've gotta believe it'd be a sizeable sum) & run, Amy. 

I totally agree.  I can't imagine living so close to my ex (and we get along fine).  I wonder if the main thing keeping her there is the show.  

• Love 5
On 1/31/2017 at 7:03 AM, ginger90 said:

From what Amy said Caren has been "in Matt's world" a long time.  Makes me wonder when they started dating.

I hate to say it but there is a difference between having Caren and having Chris at a family event. The kids don't know Chris. Caren's been there for a long time. But if Matt or Caren had any class she wouldn't have attended.

As far as the house goes. It's Amy's. Matt has no business making plans for it. If she decides to leave I hope she charges full market value plus.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Amy's job, when her husband tells her to go have fun with the kids is to say "no sir, Matt sir, you are my husband and I must sit at your side if you can't participate always as I married you and can never ever leave your side even if you tell me to". Come on.

Oh, that's right.  That was Amy's job.  And that's how it's "Matt's money" that bought the house!  I just can't get over that!  It's Matt's money?  Come on, indeed.  

And I couldn't possibly agree with you more.  Matt plays the victim all while needling Amy.  Neither of them is perfect, by any means, but Matt is always the victim.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm going to give Amy the benefit of the doubt and just believe that she really did think the gender reveal party was for close friends and family and that's why she didn't invite her boyfriend.  I will admit that it seemed like she might have decided to leave him out, so she could play the victim again. I mean, TORI and ZACH invited Caryn, so, she can't blame Matt for that.  Obviously, they wanted her there.  So, Amy has to appear hurt. that Caryn was an invited guest.  Honestly, it seemed to me that Amy's boyfriend would have been just fine as a guest.  He makes Amy happy and is a very nice man.  What's the problem?  I wonder if Amy's kids don't like him for some reason....THAT would explain some things.  If there is no reason for it, they need to get over it.  If mom is happy, they should be happy for her.  

The jealousy was on full display with Jer and Audrey.  Man......that was sad to see.  Those two act less mature now than before they got married.  What's up with that?

I do wonder if Tori and Zach had genetic counseling before getting pregnant.  Tor said their chance of having an LP was 50/50.  

I suspect that Matt wanted a boy so much, so that he would have someone to ride mules with, build forts, climb trees, etc.  The rough and tumble stuff that a girl might not like.

I don't remember hearing them say that.  Amy said that they asked her if she would mind if Caryn came.  I took that to mean that Matt asked them if Caryn could come, and they asked Amy if she would mind, before okaying it.

I so wanted Jeremy to show some sign of jealousy over Zach having a boy, but I didn't see any, and was disappointed.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Honey said:

I don't remember hearing them say that.  Amy said that they asked her if she would mind if Caryn came.  I took that to mean that Matt asked them if Caryn could come, and they asked Amy if she would mind, before okaying it.

I so wanted Jeremy to show some sign of jealousy over Zach having a boy, but I didn't see any, and was disappointed.

Amy was the one that commented that Tori invited Caryn. When Caryn came into Matt's office he said "so you got an invite to the party" she said yes, so I took it to mean she had been invited by Tori.....who knows ;) 

(edited)
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just think of holiday get togethers.   I firmly believe they were fooling around before. Amy was on an noontime entertainment show when they kept pressing about her new relationship  she indicated Matt had been living a single life with relationships  a while.  I've mentioned before that I saw this family as a documentary before it was a show and Matt was an asshat.   It was their old place amy was just home from her part time job, had groceries on floor was trying to sweep something and was in need of help that moment and Matt said watching her work was sexy.   He always talked about the childhood he didn't have and that's why his  Sara Winchester type of non stop building went on ( he's not done by any means). He kept her in the dark about money and bought / built what he wanted.   He could have made a very good living doing his tech job but he wanted to be home to be on camera and build his empire   I acknowledge the difficulty in traveling but think it was Washington state.   I also remember she really didn't like the public roaming near her home when he first started advocating having events there  so in my mind she's done a lot of adusting and turning his dreams into a life for herself  

i think they said they really only saw each other a few times before getting married  so dont know if they were in love.  My dislike for Matt and Jeremy are coloring my memory I'm sure. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Sorry unreadable before coffee
  • Love 9

I didn't see any indication that Matt asked Tori and Zach to invite Caryn to the reveal party.  It seemed to me that Tori and Zack wanted to invite her and they did.  They obviously spoke to Amy about it and she was fine.  Then later, she has an attitude.  It seemed that it was more over what she described as SHARING her kids with someone else, than jealousy over Matt.   That's pretty extreme for a lady that Matt is dating and not married to, but, I could see that Amy felt threatened.  And now that I think about it, I can see why.

Recall how Amy used to be a piece of work to deal with?  Even Tori and Audrey talked about it openly during some wedding shows.  They said Amy could really go off on you.  They tried to be careful.  I think Molly also has confirmed this about  her mom.   Well, if that's what they have to tip toe around, then, I can see how the adult kids might gravitate to hanging out with a more accepting and less intense person than Amy.  GRANTED, Amy is now in a relationship and seems to be a happier person. Maybe, the old, angry, resentful, Amy is gone.  She shouldn't feel threatened by Caryn, even if she and Matt get married.  

Honey - Jeremy wasn't jealous over Zach having a boy but boy howdy was it enlightening that he views Zach and Tory as "getting ahead" of he and Auj by having that child first and that he didn't want Zach to be a couple kids ahead. Babies aren't a competition, you don't have to match your brother (or your sister) in how many kids you have. It's too late now - that comment convinced me that Jer and Auj started going bareback as soon as they heard the news, but I hope they don't feel a need to produce children simply to be "even".

• Love 8
(edited)

I won't speculate on who either one of them was seeing or not seeing before the divorce.  I can't imagine Amy not attacking Matt if there was anything improper going on.  She's never spared him from any verbal assault before, so, why would she on this?  Plus, in some states, if you can show adultery, you might get alimony.  Not sure if they have mentioned it before, but, I've never heard anything about that.

I suspect that some people just don't  care for Amy or Matt, based on what they have seen over the years.  MY interpretation of the events makes it quite clear as to why this marriage was so fragile.  Others see things differently, but, regardless, it seems that it's Amy who still struggles the most with most anything.  She's still complaining, even though, she has good health, healthy bright children, a romantic friend, and has the luxury of trying to figure out what her passion is, so she can build a new career doing what she loves!  That's a lot to have. yet she seems to still find a reason to be whining.  lol  I honestly think that she mourns not having Matt as a whipping post.  lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Sunnybebe - Matt did ask Caryn if she had gotten an invite, which does suggest Matt asked or strongly hinted that he wanted Caryn to be invited. I do believe Tory asked Amy if it was ok, because *the party was in Amy's home and inviting Amy's ex-husband's girlfriend is often considered a faux pas. Amy likely said yes because she didn't want to make a scene over it, because she wanted the party to be about Tory and Zach, not the parents and their new partners. I think it's entirely possible Amy said yes because she a) didn't want to stick Tory with the task of telling her father in law to not bring his girlfriend and b)realized that if she said no, she would be painted as that *bitch* who crazily has a problem with her ex husband attending family functions with his new little sidepiece in tow to flaunt. I mean really, how does Amy win this one? She's within her rights to straight up tell Matt he's not welcome in the house but likely doesn't for the sake of the kids feelings. And Matt knows that and knew that when he chose to bring his girlfriend into her home. I personally doubt Amy will lower herself to his level but I would very much like to see Matt host something and *smile with joy and pleasure* at Amy bringing Chris into his home on her arm.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

I saw it and I noticed how horrible her makeup looked.  Her eye-liner was all over her eyelid.

3 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Sunnybebe - Matt did ask Caryn if she had gotten an invite, which does suggest Matt asked or strongly hinted that he wanted Caryn to be invited. I do believe Tory asked Amy if it was ok, because *the party was in Amy's home and inviting Amy's ex-husband's girlfriend is often considered a faux pas. Amy likely said yes because she didn't want to make a scene over it, because she wanted the party to be about Tory and Zach, not the parents and their new partners. I think it's entirely possible Amy said yes because she a) didn't want to stick Tory with the task of telling her father in law to not bring his girlfriend and b)realized that if she said no, she would be painted as that *bitch* who crazily has a problem with her ex husband attending family functions with his new little sidepiece in tow to flaunt. I mean really, how does Amy win this one? She's within her rights to straight up tell Matt he's not welcome in the house but likely doesn't for the sake of the kids feelings. And Matt knows that and knew that when he chose to bring his girlfriend into her home. I personally doubt Amy will lower herself to his level but I would very much like to see Matt host something and *smile with joy and pleasure* at Amy bringing Chris into his home on her arm.

I'll have to admit I find it strange but I have seen this in divorced couples & I think Matt is totally over Amy. No we haven't seen it but just how he acts. I couldn't imagine having Sunday brunch with my ex's new fling but like I said I have seen it happen. 

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

I saw it and I noticed how horrible her makeup looked.  Her eye-liner was all over her eyelid.

well that's from getting ready in the dining room.....does she not have a bathroom mirror??

• Love 1

I've seen it in divorced couples as well, but Matt has never struck me as taking it as well as he dishes it out. And honestly, that scene in the recent episode where he's needling Amy in the kitchen because he knows she's irritated that he brought Caryn? He knew exactly what button he was pressing and he was *delighted*. These two give as good as they get and Matt is not the saintly victim who merely frowns sadly and accepts abuse after abuse.

• Love 6

I don't see Amy ever leaving the Farm.  She raised her 4 kids there and the truth is...When they "come home" for visits/ holidays with future grandchildren they are going to want to come to "The Farm"... Not some home Amy bought in town where they did not grow up!  No way is Amy going to let Matt get his paws on "her" grandchildren!  

• Love 1

I tend to agree, Caracoal, and I think Matt realizes that the "big house" is the prize that attracts the kids, which is why he wants it. On an aside, more and more I feel like the Roloffs are going to end up on Fear Thy Neighbor on ID DIscovery.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Matt is not the saintly victim who merely frowns sadly and accepts abuse after abuse.

That's just a role he tries to project on TV. 

1 minute ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I tend to agree, Caracoal, and I think Matt realizes that the "big house" is the prize that attracts the kids, which is why he wants it.

He should have done what it took to get it in the divorce then and not try to do his patented back door wrangling to try to get it from Amy now.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I don't see Amy ever leaving the Farm.  She raised her 4 kids there and the truth is...When they "come home" for visits/ holidays with future grandchildren they are going to want to come to "The Farm"... Not some home Amy bought in town where they did not grow up!  No way is Amy going to let Matt get his paws on "her" grandchildren!  

I somewhat agree but they seem more tolerant to Matt than Amy, what's the deal? And Zoloft hadn't thought about that but your right lol, but gracious I couldn't live in that close proximity to an ex. My dad & his ex wife, I don't consider a stepmom, did this. They had a lot a land and she wouldn't move, split it in half, she could see everything he did, why would you do this?? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Well sure, because when Amy was pregnant, she was DOING NOTHING. Birthing out four babies isn't work, or difficult or potentially risky, that's Amy sitting on her entitled ass. When Matt was traveling for his job (and he actually used to talk about his traveling for work quite a bit in early episodes) Amy did NOTHING to take care of the four children who were 14, 11, and 8 when the show started. When Matt lost his job and Amy took on two jobs, secretary for the local LPA and as the boys soccer coach, that wasn't because she was trying to help save the farm that Matt's lack of employment almost lost, that was her displaying her ass and her female entitlement for all the stuff Matt *earned* while she sat on her ass like a female entitled princess. It was Matt who changed EVERY shitty blow out diaper, it was Matt who drove the kids to school every day, it was Matt who made every breakfast, lunch and dinner, and attended every soccer game, and who handled every single parenting chore all while Amy used her "female entitlement" to steal all of his wealth even tho she DID NOTHING and WAS NOTHING but an entitled female owed NOTHING.

No. Matt the parent who did it all never actually happened. A lot of the money, if not all of the money that led to "the big house" came from the show that Amy was a working paid participant on. Second, even if they were still in the little farmhouse on the 34, and not 108 acres, Amy would still be entitled to half of the marital assets because she raised the children for Matt. That Amy WAS an active participant on the show only makes it more clear that she's owed some compensation for the time in the marriage.

Finally, Amy was never happy that Matt *walked out on her* and *was the one who initiated the separation and divorce*. She wanted to stay married and when Matt insisted they divorce, it starts to be on Matt that he had to share out some of HIS property. As it is, the divorce decree was really very fair - the property and holdings were split right down the middle and Matt got the better of the side businesses (in my opinion). But yes, Amy got the main house and since she is no longer married, that's her main financial asset for retirement which means her able bodied son who is only 26 really needs to get off his ass and get a job and EARN a home for himself and his family rather than expect his mom to hand over hers.

I stand corrected; I had assumed that Matt did the majority of the work and had the majority of the money and Amy raised the kids - had that been the case, I don't think she should be entitled to very much, but I guess that's not how it is.

I won't speculate on who either one of them was seeing or not seeing before the divorce.  I can't imagine Amy not attacking Matt if there was anything improper going on.  She's never spared him from any verbal assault before, so, why would she on this? 

Just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Remember his DUI?  We didn't see her yelling at him about it, but I've got to believe it happened.

• Love 3