Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Then, I don't really have issues with ultimatums.  They're a chance to keep what you have.  I'd rather someone I love tell me "We can stay together if you stop/start _____" than just have them make the decision for me and end our relationship.

I agree about ultimatums--and, in this case, Jesse's.  Also, if we're adults, we can take 'em or leave 'em.  

• Love 4
On 10/1/2017 at 11:03 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

YESSSS! They got our hopes up when the episode wasn't over right at 9PM...bastards. They ended it at like 9:07. 

between the commericals, the "previously on" and the "coming up next" there is only 20 minutes of new material per  60 minute show.  They do this on purpose...keep us glued, what happens next? the dribble it out bit by bit.

Paul has mental illness. It's very sad. I could see someone like him becoming a mass shooter. He could probably easily buy a machine gun. I can't understand him half the time He said STD test so fast it sounds like Sdee test. I have to put the subtitles on ...he runs his words together, Karine would have a hard time learning English from him.  I think the mugging was real, the camera guy was hysterical. 

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Bibi said:

Do you guys think the mugging was real? Looked like a production.

So Karine warns Paul about how dangerous the area is and she walks around at nightfall, in a  crop top and a cellphone in her hand?

Paul who didn't want to swim just one week before is ok today to commit suicide in "poop water".

Is there anything sensible on that show? For God's sake.

She probably felt safer with the camera crew following her around.   Although they seemed pretty useless (I loved how no one even got close to her or tried to protect her when a DUDE WITH A MACHETE ran up to her.)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He most likely didn’t know that the series was trashy. Abby may have told him it was a documentary. Or, he cares some about Abby and wanted to appear so that she would receive money for the series.  

I think he was waiting for his ride. It’s not safe to hang out in on the street in Haiti. That chair is positioned there for a reason - so that tourists can wait for their hired car within the safety of the compound walls. 

Also, Chris seems to live his life exactly the way he wants to live it. He probably doesn't care as much about whether he's on TV or not although he did decide to leave once Sean started getting overly dramatic.

Chris was clearly the smarter of the two men. Also, he had the upper hand because Abby was ate up with him. Most likely, he will counsel Abby to tell Sean what he wants to hear so that she can get her green card and go where the opportunities are. Then, they'll continue their connection on the side. Chris will help Abby conceal it. Chris will show up in Ohio or wherever.  Sean will be able to stop it about as well as he can dominate a conversation with Chris. They'll hook up when Sean is at work and he'll be none the wiser. They just have to manage to not get caught for a year or two. Then, when she does get caught, Chris can hire Abby an attorney and put her up in an apartment near him, depending on how deep his pockets are. Sean will have handled the green card problem for both of them. And, Abby will be free to pursue another relationship in the States, hopefully with a guy who is less controlling.

Keep in mind that this is all wild, unsubstantiated speculation on my part.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
Wanting to qualify something.
  • Love 5

Wow I feel like everyone's true colors really showed through on this episode! I was holding out hope for some of these people, but yikes!

Paul-wow talk about a complete breakdown. Was he acting suicidal or just crazy when he was threatening to jump into the river?!? I was also wondering about the authenticity of the mugging. Seems weird they would have only taken her cell phone and not gone after any of that expensive camera equipment...I mean, they had MACHETES!

Cortney-She really doesn't get that he only sees her as a hookup and not a serious relationship

Jesse-Sorry, he rubs me the wrong way. Just because he had a bad experience with alcohol in his past doesn't mean he has the right to tell a 40-something woman who (presumably) has no prior alcohol dependency issues to never drink again is ridiculous. And Darcey, stand up for yourself and tell him that is unreasonable. 

Sean/Abby/Chris-Ew. Just ew.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

@CoachJen, if we are going to award Paul as the lowest scumbag of 90DF, let's not forget Mohammed.  He manipulated a weak, needy, not very bright single mother into marriage with no plans to actually form a home.

I don't think Paul and Karine would go as far as getting married and going through the process because of how dumb and clueless they both are.   I think Paul had "bedding an amazon girl" on his bucket list and now he could check it off.  In the very unlikely case where they go all the way and Karine actually relocated to the US, she would be dependent and wouldn't leave Paul because she doesn't speak the language and has no marketable skills that would allow her to get a job and live independently.   Look at the other participants, they speak English, some of them live a rather modern life (Jesse, Myriam).....but Karine, I just don't see her surviving because she hasn't been exposed to much.  I see her coming back to that jungle and dying poor caring for her parents.   Notice how almost none of the Americans (even previous seasons) come from large Metropolitan US cities.   Most of them come from rural and suburban areas.   That tells you something.

Interesting point about the Americans coming from rural places, Amybre.

I see Paul as being worse than Mo because Karine is far more innocent than Danielle. Danielle had a criminal record herself and had stolen from her own family. She also catfished Mo by portraying herself as wealthy. And, she was abusive, exploding like a sputtering volcano, parking herself in doorways so he couldn't leave, screeching like a fishwife and trying to force him to have sex with her. Karine is none of those things! And she has no ability to see Paul for what he is: A predator.

Karine's dad seemed pretty smart. ("We won't know what the mute wants.") If he is and Karine has inherited some of that, maybe she can learn and acclimate herself to U.S. culture. And, she can work to bring her parents over, too.

It's sad to think of Paul just using her and leaving her, alone and embarrassed because she didn't get a proposal. However, considering who he is, perhaps that is the best scenario for her.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Sprockets said:

I'm not convinced that is her actual diagnosis, or even that the "rash" is not a made up plot point.  My understanding of scabies is that, if you have it, you are going to be so miserable that you can't do much except scratch.  

I've had scabies twice and I am convinced she has scabies. In both cases, I contacted the mites staying at very good hotels in the U.S.  In my experience, the itching is mild during the day, but at night, the itching is severe and will drive you insane.

I don't understand why Abby does not get proper medical treatment. The treatment is simple.  There is a prescription cream you spread over your entire body from the neck down.  You sleep in the cream, leaving it on for 8 to 10 hours, before showering. That should kill all the mites on your body. Then you have to launder all of your bedding and clothing in hot water.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I see Paul as being worse than Mo because. . .

Paul has committed some serious and bizarre crimes (the ones we know of,  the ones he was caught for) and he is absolutely, dangerously batshit crazy.  Mo was just a grifter.  

• Love 9

I admit that I usually "watch" this show while playing games on my tablet . . . but

I didn't see Paul as threatening suicide when he was saying, "Don't make me go in the water."  He was still trying to get away from Karine and the camera crew, and he ended up at the river with nowhere else to go.  He was pleading, "PLEASE don't make me go in the water," as though he still wanted them all to leave him alone and they weren't going anywhere, so he was going to be forced to make the decision to subject himself to potential penis fish, but that he'd rather do that than face Karine and the camera crew.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Chris is a regular customer with whom she fell in love.

And a cool customer at that. 

He's perfectly fine with sharing Abby. And, he actually wants good things to happen for her in her life.

Chris is actually the person Sean pretended to be in his ad.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
expanding on a thought
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I didn't see Paul as threatening suicide when he was saying, "Don't make me go in the water."  He was still trying to get away from Karine and the camera crew, and he ended up at the river with nowhere else to go.  He was pleading, "PLEASE don't make me go in the water," as though he still wanted them all to leave him alone and they weren't going anywhere, so he was going to be forced to make the decision to subject himself to potential penis fish, but that he'd rather do that than face Karine and the camera crew.

It seemed like that to me, too.  But if that is the case, it only underscores his mental illness.  He ran away, and he chose the direction.  He knows he's being filmed, so of course the film crew is going to follow.  No one was making him do anything.  He could have said "Oh, hi.  Could you help me get out of here?"  This is definitely not the first time he's pulled some stupid shit, got himself boxed in, and then panicked.  His mental age cannot be more than 5.  Paul really scares me.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

He's probably barely tolerating her when she's sober. She's a clown and what's with the hair down past her ass? are those extensions?

That's what the uber long hair makes me think of.

Of course Kim Davis has outdone her. Her hair goes to her feet. Kinda like Cousin It.

In fact, Kim Davis could do one helluva Cousin It if she was any fun. Just comb that hair over her face, don glasses and a hat and, voila!

Wish Darcey would do that, too. 

Instead of playing Morticia.

1223kimdavis01.jpg

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Did anyone else notice the look on Abby's face when Chris was explaining to her that Sean needed to be treated for scabies? She looked a little offended that he was so nonchalant about the fact that she was screwing another man. She was probably expecting him to be more upset that she's with Sean, but no. He was just worried about the scabies being passed back and forth when she sleeps with Sean. Chris doesn't care who she has sex with and it seems like he expects her to have other partners, leading me to believe that she is a prostitute and Chris is a regular customer with whom she fell in love.

Scabies are not sexual transmitted. They can be contracted by skin to skin contact, trying on clothes in a store, bedding in a hotel if the maid making the bed or a prior guest had scabies.  Sean and Abby has hugged and held hands, so Sean needs to be traded too. If Abby is offended, it's because she's ignorant. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bibi said:

What beauty by the way. There are really beautiful women in Haiti and Dominican Republic. I don't get the fight over a girl who looks 14 and has some kind of natural Glasgow smile. Plus scabies.

She must have done a voodoo ritual.

I've seen plenty of Trophy wives like Abby. It's really not that uncommon.  

3 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It seemed like that to me, too.  But if that is the case, it only underscores his mental illness.  He ran away, and he chose the direction.  He knows he's being filmed, so of course the film crew is going to follow.  No one was making him do anything.  He could have said "Oh, hi.  Could you help me get out of here?"  This is definitely not the first time he's pulled some stupid shit, got himself boxed in, and then panicked.  His mental age cannot be more than 5.  Paul really scares me.  

What mental illness do you think Paul has?  I think he is profoundly immature, socially awkward, stupid, and maybe criminal, but I don't see mental illness. 

• Love 2

Does anyone think Paul is gone for good. that he jumped in to the murky poop water?  I don't. He most likely ran deeper in to the woods only to come out when he sensed the cameras were off and Karine was gone.  I see Paul standing on the "bodock" waiting with his 4 trunks for his boat to go back home.  

Sean will propose to Abby because that is what he went to Haiti to do, Abby will come to the states and everyone of Sean's friends will tell him he should not marry her but he will.  Rinse and repeat.  I wonder if Chris will give Abby a secret cell phone so when Sean looks at Abby's phone there will be no record of Chris. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, BXD said:

Wow I feel like everyone's true colors really showed through on this episode! I was holding out hope for some of these people, but yikes!

Paul-wow talk about a complete breakdown. Was he acting suicidal or just crazy when he was threatening to jump into the river?!? I was also wondering about the authenticity of the mugging. Seems weird they would have only taken her cell phone and not gone after any of that expensive camera equipment...I mean, they had MACHETES!

Cortney-She really doesn't get that he only sees her as a hookup and not a serious relationship

Jesse-Sorry, he rubs me the wrong way. Just because he had a bad experience with alcohol in his past doesn't mean he has the right to tell a 40-something woman who (presumably) has no prior alcohol dependency issues to never drink again is ridiculous. And Darcey, stand up for yourself and tell him that is unreasonable. 

Sean/Abby/Chris-Ew. Just ew.

I thought it humorous  that TLC blurred the face of the machete robbers.  

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Scabies are not sexual transmitted. They can be contracted by skin to skin contact, trying on clothes in a store, bedding in a hotel if the maid making the bed or a prior guest had scabies.  Sean and Abby has hugged and held hands, so Sean needs to be traded too. If Abby is offended, it's because she's ignorant. 

They are not ONLY sexually transmitted, but they can be transmitted that way.  They do not live outside the human body for more than 3 or 4 days, so skin-to-skin contact is the most frequent way of spreading them.  And sexual contact usually includes skin-to-skin.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

I read you need ten minutes of contact, so sex is a great way to catch them.

So we know she didn't get them from having sex with Sean.  We are getting to the bottom of this!  

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They are not ONLY sexually transmitted, but they can be transmitted that way.  They do not live outside the human body for more than 3 or 4 days, so skin-to-skin contact is the most frequent way of spreading them.  And sexual contact usually includes skin-to-skin.

Well, scabies are sexual traits in the same way measles,  chicken pox, lice, and the flu can be transmitted during sex, but none of these are considered sexually transmitted diseases because sex is not the primary means of transmission. If Abby has scabies, her entire household must be treated, mom, dad, siblings, but they are not her sex partners (I hope).

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Perhaps they were minors?

10 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

I read you need ten minutes of contact, so sex is a great way to catch them.

Sean already had all the proof he needed with the scabies alone.

Poor guy flew all that way to be made a fool of, following Chris around and spouting off gems like, "The truth is what the truth is."

You know he'd waited a long time to tell him that.

"And you can save money on car insurance by switching to Geico."

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

If Abby has scabies, her entire household must be treated, mom, dad, siblings, but they are not her sex partners (I hope

Yes, she could sit on a sofa in a hotel lobby for 20 minutes and get scabies.  Anyone she associated with from that point on would be able to get it from her.  I don't see sex with Sean giving any woman more than a moment of unpleasantness.  

• Love 2

well since Both Chris and Abby have the scabies one of them caught them from the other. This is the point here, yes you can catch them from a sofa, but they both have them,, so its not jumping to conclusions saying they were having sex. Chris or Abby either initially caught them in that DR Sex Town from other partners or skeevy mattresses. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

What mental illness do you think Paul has?  I think he is profoundly immature, socially awkward, stupid, and maybe criminal, but I don't see mental illness. 

Something is going on with him.... you don't just run away into the woods and threaten to jump into a river to get away from someone.... And that sort of attitude is likely what caused his criminal past.

47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does anyone think Paul is gone for good. that he jumped in to the murky poop water?  I don't.

I'm not sure I buy that they don't know where he is.  They were with his when Karine found him.. why did they leave him alone again? 

33 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

So we know she didn't get them from having sex with Sean.  We are getting to the bottom of this!  

We already knew that.  When she went to the voodoo place she said that Chris also had it. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

spouting off gems like, "The truth is what the truth is."

That gem was a favorite of Crooks on RHOOC , who is/was a con man.  Vicki started saying it too.

I think Sean is a scabie.    

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

well since Both Chris and Abby have the scabies one of them caught them from the other. This is the point here, yes you can catch them from a sofa, but they both have them,, so its not jumping to conclusions saying they were having sex. Chris or Abby either initially caught them in that DR Sex Town from other partners or skeevy mattresses. 

I am surprised that Chris did not bring any medicine for Abby's scabbies since he had it too, surely she would have mentioned her issue to him during one of her secret phone calls.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Something is going on with him.... you don't just run away into the woods and threaten to jump into a river to get away from someone.... And that sort of attitude is likely what caused his criminal past.

Yeah, I get that.  I'm an active member of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)which is an advocacy organization working to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness and provides services to help individuals living with mental illness and their families.  So I am very sensitive to the casual use of the term "mental illness."  Just because people do stupid, insensitive, anti social, or even criminal acts does not mean they have a mental illness.  Mental illnesses are a brain disorders caused by genetic and environmental factors. Paul may have a mental illness.  I don't know. The diagnosis of mental illness is highly complex and can't be made based on snippets from a TV show.  If you would like to learn more about mental illness, go to NAMI.ORG.  (Dear moderator, please delete the nami.org website, if it is not appropriate.  Thank you.)

• Love 12
On 9/25/2017 at 5:52 PM, Palomar said:

The thing is Jenny doesn't even need sex to hook Larry.  He is already hooked and practically ready to get married now. It would take a LOT for him to think anything she did is wrong or bad or suspicious.  Actually having the camera crew around them is good for at least some accountability.  She's going to take him for everything he has (which isn't much) and not feel a twinge of remorse. 

I'm wondering how much more can she get from him?  Larry has said, countless times, that he used his 401K on her.  I think she's already sucked the well dry; he didn't say how much money he'd spent on her, but he did say he'd been contributing to the 401K for ten years and, from the way he's been talking, it sounds as though he used it all up -- on lifeless, manipulative Jenny.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

I've had scabies twice and I am convinced she has scabies. In both cases, I contacted the mites staying at very good hotels in the U.S.  In my experience, the itching is mild during the day, but at night, the itching is severe and will drive you insane.

I don't understand why Abby does not get proper medical treatment. The treatment is simple.  There is a prescription cream you spread over your entire body from the neck down.  You sleep in the cream, leaving it on for 8 to 10 hours, before showering. That should kill all the mites on your body. Then you have to launder all of your bedding and clothing in hot water.

yuck, that makes me want to buy a camper so I never have to stay in a hotel again.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

He's perfectly fine with sharing Abby. And, he actually wants good things to happen for her in her life.

That's one thing I never understood.  To desire someone so much that you are OK with sharing them.   Some can do it, I couldn't.

• Love 2

I bet $20 bucks to anyone that Darcey is older than 48 and possibly 52. 

It is scary that anyone can just walk into a court in Connecticut and look up Darcey's divorce and obtain her REAL date of birth.   I know this is an evil and lazy thought to have and I'm asking for forgiveness as I write it.   But I just love catching people lying when not necessary.

We have established that she thinks as a 12-year old but I'd like to hear others' opinions about your guess on her real age.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

That's one thing I never understood.  To desire someone so much that you are OK with sharing them.   Some can do it, I couldn't.

It's creepy as hell that he's ok sleeping with someone who might marry someone else.  But I guess if he really did meet her as sex worker then I guess it makes sense... he doesn't care who she sleeps with.

• Love 1

At the risk of sounding lazy, I'm gonna say he has good old fashioned borderline personality disorder with antisocial tendencies.  Fear of abandonment, impulsive relationships, self-harm, explosive anger, feeling suspicious (STD tests), yada yada.

I'm not a shrink or anything but I can use google. 

• Love 4
On 10/1/2017 at 8:21 PM, SuzyLee said:

As for Darcey and Jesse, he needs to have a seat or five.  I have no doubt that Darcey tends to drink too much, but for him to order her to never drink again when he hasn't even committed to her is ludicrous.  If I'd been in her shoes, I don't think I'd have been able to keep myself from laughing.  Time to chalk it up to a fun fling and a roll in the hay in a lovely tourist destination and go back home to her teenage daughters.

It's ludicrous even if he commits to her. I don't drink at all. Beer makes me terribly sick, which means I have no alcohol tolerance. I also have alcoholism in my family background (two of my mother's brothers, one is still alive). Between those two things, I've decided it's just better that I generally avoid alcoholic drinks. (I have a cocktail with dinner on NYE about once every 3 years when I'm in the mood for it.) However, my wife is free to drink according to her own desires. The only thing I ask of her is that she not make getting drunk a habit. That said, I'm not foolish enough to believe I could control her behaviour were it to ever be counter to my request. The only thing I could do would be to try to help her see that getting drunk isn't helpful and persuade her to change. (I doubt it would ever be a problem because she hardly drinks alcoholic beverages either, anymore.) And Jesse needs to wise up and realize the best he can do is try to convince Darcey to see where she's going wrong by getting drunk and request that she drink in moderation, instead. After that, she's going to do what she wants to do and he has to make his choices accordingly. Too many people believe they can control other people's actions, especially their romantic partner's, and that's just not true. The only one a person can control is themselves and life works much better when you respect that.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

At the risk of sounding lazy, I'm gonna say he has good old fashioned borderline personality disorder with antisocial tendencies.  Fear of abandonment, impulsive relationships, self-harm, explosive anger, feeling suspicious (STD tests), yada yada.

Ah, DSM code 666.  I don't think we even begin to know all the things Paul has done.  How irresponsible of the producers to promote such a screwed up individual.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

She probably felt safer with the camera crew following her around.   Although they seemed pretty useless (I loved how no one even got close to her or tried to protect her when a DUDE WITH A MACHETE ran up to her.)

so this leads me to a question:  do you think the producers of this show would intervene if Karine seriously considered marrying Paul?  I would hope they would step in and give her and her family a full background debrief on the dude.  

I watched unREAL - if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It was written by a former Bachelor writer or producer and gives you a pretty good idea of the manipulation of participants that takes place without any real concern for their welfare.

I'm truly concerned for Karine.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm not a shrink or anything but I can use google. 

Maybe he does, maybe it's undiagnosed.  I don't know.  I am actively involved in advocacy trying to eliminate the stigma of mental illness. I don't like making fun of mental illness or trying to diagnose based a few minutes of a TV show.  We wouldn't make fun of cancer, multiple scoliosis, you name it.  Mental illness are brain disorders and are not easily diagnosed.  Bad behaviour is not necessarily mental illness. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

I bet $20 bucks to anyone that Darcey is older than 48 and possibly 52. 

It is scary that anyone can just walk into a court in Connecticut and look up Darcey's divorce and obtain her REAL date of birth.   I know this is an evil and lazy thought to have and I'm asking for forgiveness as I write it.   But I just love catching people lying when not necessary.

We have established that she thinks as a 12-year old but I'd like to hear others' opinions about your guess on her real age.

She says she is 42, she looks 52 and acts like a teenager.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Maybe he does, maybe it's undiagnosed.  I don't know.  I am actively involved in advocacy trying to eliminate the stigma of mental illness. I don't like making fun of mental illness or trying to diagnose based a few minutes of a TV show.  We wouldn't make fun of cancer, multiple scoliosis, you name it.  Mental illness are brain disorders and are not easily diagnosed.  Bad behaviour is not necessarily mental illness. 

I'm with you. I think Paul's antics are just bad behaviour and attention seeking.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

How funny was that?  They couldn't get them to sign releases?  The whole scene is too outrageous.

Darcy - I wouldn't want to be around a drinker.  Period.  There are plenty of youtube videos out there of her drinking, doing shots etc.  Who takes photos of themselves doing shots?  Drinkers do.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Horrified said:
6 hours ago, lezlers said:

so this leads me to a question:  do you think the producers of this show would intervene if Karine seriously considered marrying Paul?  I would hope they would step in and give her and her family a full background debrief on the dude.  

No, I doubt they would intervene.  I also don't see how he could ever qualify for the K-whatever visa to bring her to the states.  I'm sure the producers get all participants to sign waivers of every sort before the cameras start to roll.  

• Love 2

This is obviously a sensitive thing to discuss but I am going to offer my opinion based on experience. Years ago I dated a guy that I came to believe was undiagnosed as bipolar or something similar. He had excessively wild mood swings that came out of the blue. He actually pulled the same exact trick that Paul did in this episode, he would say something along the lines of "you do not deserve to have to deal with someone like me" followed by physically running away while making threats to himself. It is a game and they know what they are doing but they need help. I told the guy I dated to get help for his problems and he wouldn't. So I got the hell out. Karine should do the same. The stigma you refer to I believe results in many people not getting help for their own problems. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Horrified said:

I watched unREAL - if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  It was written by a former Bachelor writer or producer and gives you a pretty good idea of the manipulation of participants that takes place without any real concern for their welfare.

I'm truly concerned for Karine.

I love unreal!  I was bummed it's not coming back until January.   I don't think they'd step in with respect to marrying Paul, but you would THINK they'd step in if someone was in imminent danger of physical harm like that mugging.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

I agree with you about that. It's difficult to discern what is bad behavior and what is illness, but my gut tells me that Paul has quite a bit of bad behavior.

And, as Sean says, you've got to trust your gut. ;)

Darcey could be narcissistic, but isn't that just a fancy label for saying she's selfish? Hard to say.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

This is obviously a sensitive thing to discuss but I am going to offer my opinion based on experience. Years ago I dated a guy that I came to believe was undiagnosed as bipolar or something similar. He had excessively wild mood swings that came out of the blue. He actually pulled the same exact trick that Paul did in this episode, he would say something along the lines of "you do not deserve to have to deal with someone like me" followed by physically running away while making threats to himself. It is a game and they know what they are doing but they need help. I told the guy I dated to get help for his problems and he wouldn't. So I got the hell out. Karine should do the same. The stigma you refer to I believe results in many people not getting help for their own problems. 

The one thing that would preclude me from saying bipolar is his straight up antisocial behavior.

Sometimes I think these people are just a$$holes and they need a 12-step group called a$$-anon that meets several nights a week.

The meetings would do them no good save the fact they would all be in a room together prevented from inflicting themselves upon the rest of us.

38 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I love unreal!  I was bummed it's not coming back until January.   I don't think they'd step in with respect to marrying Paul, but you would THINK they'd step in if someone was in imminent danger of physical harm like that mugging.

That's one of my favorites as well.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Sometimes I think these people are just a$$holes and they need a 12-step group called a$$-anon that meets several nights a week.

The meetings would do them no good save the fact they would all be in a room together prevented from inflicting themselves upon the rest of us.

Yep

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The one thing that would preclude me from saying bipolar is his straight up antisocial behavior.

I think it's all one big gnarly cocktail of dysfunction.  The actual diagnosis doesn't really matter to me, but ask yourself this:  what job do you see him performing well?  In my brain, the answer is resoundingly "Why, now that you mention it, none!"  Even telemarketing.  He is unfit.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

She says she is 42, she looks 52 and acts like a teenager.

Somewhere it was established that she really was 42 which really surprised me. I still have doubts about it except when I look at photos of her from a few short years ago.

Those fillers have really aged her face. You've got some doctor trying to sculpt her cheeks by shooting gunk into them. Also she looks sweaty a lot of the time. Do face fillers make a person sweat or is that just menopause? I was so glad when they came out with those cooling memory foam mattress toppers because the other ones were too hot! My husband hate them. Maybe they could make cooling face fillers.

In that hotel lobby scene, she was clutching his face with those piercing nails like an elderly, unstable vampire sucking away at his youth. If I were Jesse's mother I would be very disturbed by that. She's going to have to patiently wait for him to dump Darcey and find another woman before she sees any grandchildren.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

She's going to have to patiently wait for him to dump Darcey and find another woman before she sees any grandchildren.

She is already doing the Patient Waiting thing.  Darcy is just. . . sad. . . 

• Love 1