Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Final Decisions

• Start Topic

(edited)

And Cody wants to stay married too.

I think I get it.  Someone once told me that if somebody wanted to get married, they could get married.  It might not be to the person of their dreams, but if the goal was to get MARRIED, it could happen.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

They can't be together during the reunion. Unless that's why they are having the second one. So surprising. 

Has there been a season where everyone stayed married at the end? 

• Love 3
Just now, JAndy said:

They can't be together during the reunion. Unless that's why they are having the second one. So surprising. 

Has there been a season where everyone stayed married at the end? 

Season 1, the only productive season this show has ever had - and probably it's best - was close. SO close. 

• Love 1

This show has been such a failure over the last couple of seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't incentive given to stay married. We know Nate and Sheila will stay married. So this season suddenly got its shit together and the experts suddenly know what they're doing? I think not. 

• Love 15
Just now, VanSensei said:

Season 1, the only productive season this show has ever had - and probably it's best - was close. SO close. 

I knew that Vaughn and monet weren't going to stay together. I laughed when she sat there on her couch as he cleared out all of the stuff. 

Just now, Nowhere said:

This show has been such a failure over the last couple of seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't incentive given to stay married. We know Nate and Sheila will stay married. So this season suddenly got its shit together and the experts suddenly know what they're doing? I think not. 

Maybe they get a bonus? Lol stay married a year get an extra paycheck 

• Love 8

I think these people just wanted to stay married.  What annoys me is when folks say, "you can do better" or "there's someone else better."  I had close friends who believed that, but that magical person never showed up.  Sometimes the person you're with is it.  I think so many people have become so hypersensitive, everything isn't abuse and everything isn't hating.  

Maybe IT will happen between Danielle and Cody.

• Love 10

I debated reading along tonight since my plans I had were moved to the weekened....LMAO 

1 minute ago, Nowhere said:

This is got to be the case. I think the show has been such a failure that they wanted to make it look like they had a season that things in the end were all good for each couple.....and more so in hopes of getting more to come around to apply for another season of the mess. To me this sounds more of a producer interference with the 2. SMH Guess 6 month reunion shall be interesting....wonder if it was set up to get more to tune in and see if they are together or not. I just don't see it with them at all but then again they both come off as dull as shit so maybe that is what clicks for them.....*scratches head* In some ways this doesn't surprise me that Danielle and Cody decided to stay married with how this show is. 

1 minute ago, JAndy said:

I hope the reunion is good. 

The experts are annoying me with their high fives. 

And this is why it doesn't surprise me. They think they make these matches and its all great so they are ready to do it again because see look they did it. SMH They disgust me so much. 

• Love 8

Holy shit.  They must have been bribed !!!!!!!!!!   Lot of luck Nate.  Lots of luck Cody. Maybe tonight may be the night.  Anthony & Ashley were a shoe in.  2 aspirin coming up.

• Love 6

Shocked on Danielle and Cody. I wish them luck but man I can't believe her answer.  I 100% think he said yes because he felt it was the right thing to do. He has the WTF  have I done look. No surprises with the other two. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I think these people just wanted to stay married.  What annoys me is when folks say, "you can do better" or "there's someone else better."  I had close friends who believed that, but that magical person never showed up.  Sometimes the person you're with is it.  I think so many people have become so hypersensitive, everything isn't abuse and everything isn't hating.  

Maybe IT will happen between Danielle and Cody.

Agree. Which there is so much we also didn't see with them that it might have looked differently with those scenes that got left on the edit room floor. We have no clue at all. 

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Holy shit.  They must have been bribed !!!!!!!!!!   Lot of luck Nate.  Lots of luck Cody. Maybe tonight may be the night.  Anthony & Ashley were a shoe in.  2 aspirin coming up.

Then there is this because the show has been having such horrible luck in things for most seasons. I think they so badly would do anything to have a season end with all couples saying they wanted to stay married. Even if it cost them some money. Guess the reunion is going to be the biggie for it and this also is giving people a reason to tune in to watch it as well unlike some in the past have done. 

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Deciding which of my coffee tables to flip since Cody and Danielle are staying married...

My daughter flips imaginary ones in her mind when she is mad. LOL So instead of taking it out on one you own take it out on the pretend one. 

• Love 3

This boring mess should have been over after week 4.  I believe they are all trying to save face.  Most of the couples on the other seasons decided to stay together on D-Day only to quietly divorce.  These couples will too.  Mark my words. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Is Ashley pregnant? Are they now divorced? Did Cody and Danielle finally have sex? Why can't they just show the reunion now?!?!? 

When is the reunion?  Anybody know?  And, how many?

(edited)

I'm going to guess Cody and Danielle have sex but don't stay married. Either that or they've been offered money to pretend they stayed married because this shows track record hasn't been too successful. 

I think Ashley and Anthony will stay married and she's pregnant or they are trying.

Not sure about Nate and Shelia. The ending with them laying in bed professing their love  seemed fakey. And I'm remembering those crazy fights they got in so I guess we'll see next week at the reunion. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 4

Hmmm...Flip the contemporary style coffee table...it has a wiggly leg...

Or flip the faux Crate and Barrel looking one that no one wanted from a college apartment... I always stub my toe on because the legs splay out awkwardly....

They both need dusting....

• Love 4

What the fuck, yo? You mean to tell me Bangs and Drydick are staying together? GTFO. Danielle must have given him a handjob the night before to avoid looking bad during the final decision.

I remember reading the "Ask a Bartender" column in Men's Health years ago where someone had submitted a question asking whether his wife was cheating and had moved on. The bartender told him to do something simple for his wife, like rub her feet. If she doesn't get even a slight twinkle in her eye, that means she's more than likely moved on. Looking at Danielle and Cody when they were exchanging gifts, and seeing Danielle lean in like she was being hugged by her grandpa, no way is she feeling it. If this is authentic, I can't see why they would stay together. And it's clear that Danielle has been leading him on -- when he asked her why she isn't "there yet", she just shrugged and said she didn't know and she hasn't felt a spark. Ugh.

Speaking of spark, everybody stop what you're doing and go listen to "Making Me Look Good Again" by Drake White. That's a man who's in love with his wife and getting laid and it's easy to see why.

Ashley and Anthony stayed together. Yawn. Of course they did. I don't want to be shallow, but Anthony...had better to learn to love Ashley. She's neurotic, but a cutie-pie. He's...yeah. Just try to make it work, Anthony. That's all I'm saying.

I was seriously hoping Nate would be a G and yell "I DON'T...FUCK WITH...YOU! I GOT A MILLION TRILLION THINGS I'D RATHER FUCKIN' DO!" to Sheila, but that would've too awesome for Lifetime. Nate seems like the kind of guy who wants a crazy bitch for a wife. Crazy chicks are fun, but not on a daily basis, Nate. You know how she does when she gets upset. That's why your mom doesn't like her for real. And why was Sheila's fake ass on the iPad with her friend with the 22 inch Straight Jet Black with Nate's brother in the background? I guess she figured that entire conversation was bullshit anyway because she hasn't learned a damn thing. Seriously. She was like she's at a point in her life where she won't be disrespected. I guess she'd rather be doing the disrespecting. Rule of thumb: whatever you wish you would've said or done in your relationship with the dude who was a bad boyfriend...can't be redeemed in your new relationship. You can't correct the fact that the other dude wasn't shit by spazzing out on the new guy for any and every reason.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Part of me hopes Danielle and Cody make it.  

*ducks to avoid flying coffe tables*

LMAO IF they really want to give it a try without the cameras, production and "experts" butting in then who knows what could happen. It might be what they need to move forward in things too. I know I find them both dull but its also how they were edited so they could be totally different from that. Who knows...especially considering there was no name calling and yelling between the 2 that we saw....and I am sure it would have been tossed in if it had happened knowing this show. 

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Part of me hopes Danielle and Cody make it.  

*ducks to avoid flying coffe tables*

Make it where, third base?

This is no place for your optimism, lady! I'm kidding.

But seriously. After they decided to remain married, they went home and cuddled. In their church clothes. It's just...depressing.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Nate and Sheila will stay married.  I get Sheila A LOT now, after watching "Queen Sugar" last night.  I've been around a lot of men like Ralph Angel, and seen a lot of families like the family in that show and if Sheila has been around people like that, then I really get her anger.

Could you please expand on this?  I really love this couple.  I was truly impressed with Sheila taking responsibility for her part in their last fight and apologizing - I think that might have been difficult for her.  But a strong partner will do that - make it easier for you to put your pride aside and work things out.  

I don't think of myself as a hopeless romantic, but  maybe I am because this episode just made me happy.  All the couples seemed like genuinely good people and in it for the right reasons.

• Love 7