Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

How is Chord choosing Quinn or Brittney as his favorite romantic pairings on the show disrespectful to Amber?

I'm not the original poster, so i am just speaking for me. I don't think in general what he said was disrespectful to Amber. I think the fact that he said it right when he was in the middle of the Mercedes/Sam relationship playing out on screen, might have been what caused a few raised eyebrows. For example I had zero problem with the fact that he (and Lea) were pretty heavily playing up Samchele when it happened. That was the pairing they were apart of at the moment and I would expect nothing less then for them to promote it. It just made sense. To my knowledge Chord never really expressed any feeling one way or another about the Sam/Mercedes relationship, where as he has regarding Quinn, Brittany and Rachel. To be fair I don't believe Amber had a lot to say about it either. It's just people trying to read tea leaves and read into motivations by the actors that may or may not even exist. I freely admit I've done it myself a time or two, but at the end of the day none of us really knows. It's all just speculation. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I don't think in general what he said was disrespectful to Amber. I think the fact that he said it right when he was in the middle of the Mercedes/Sam relationship playing out on screen, might have been what caused a few raised eyebrows.

ITA about the above.  It also didn't help that the self-described "true Sam fans" were being particularly assy to Amber/Mercedes/Samcedes during that time and the timing of his comments made it feel like he was piling on by helping them justify their hate. Now, I doubt that Chord meant for it to be taken that way, but that's how it felt (to me) at the time because feelings aren't always rational.  I must admit though, I've never been able to completely shake feeling some residual resentment for him from that time. Actually, I suppose I'll always feel that way about much of Glee and a big chunk of its fandom..so......  <shrugs>

Edited by LydiaMoon1
(edited)

Yeah sometimes the actors are being completely neutral and the fans riles it up to make it more than it really is/was.

Edited by tom87

I think after that whole Bram twitter fiasco, where Heather confirmed that Chord (and by association, Heather) purposely tweeted that stuff because he thought it would be funny to make Brittana shippers angry, he sort of loses the benefit of the doubt with me wrt what he says to/about fandom.

• Love 1
(edited)
I think after that whole Bram twitter fiasco, where Heather confirmed that Chord (and by association, Heather) purposely tweeted that stuff because he thought it would be funny to make Brittana shippers angry, he sort of loses the benefit of the doubt with me wrt what he says to/about fandom.

Yeah. THAT.  Stuff like that is why I can never completely exonerate Chord in my mind.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 1

Never been in to any ship so can't be too  riled up about the cast being pro or con tbh. And meh season 4, didn't pay much attention to anything going on at McK.     What very little interest I has in either Sam or Brittany  was killed  after he thought it was a good idea to uses cereal on the floor to woo her and she in turn got wooed and ate the cereal.   

(edited)

I mean weren't fans sending Chord death threats when he was first pictured with Heather/Brittany. Sadly that comes with the territory with Glee fans and idk what came first, the threats or Chord trying to get a rise out of people, but if it was the former then I have no problem with him purposely trying to piss those people off. If it wasn't then eh I chalk most of this stuff to much of the fandom being too young and/or too crazy. The Glee actors really can't win when it comes to a lot of this.

(Not a shipper so don't care myself. Wasn't really into Bram and prefer Samcedes but Chord preferring one over the other doesn't bother me)

Edited by Craphole Island

Chord tweeted all those Bram pics before Bram were even a ship on screen. IIRC, it was almost right after TBU had aired. Within a few weeks. Heather was later interviewed and said that Chord did it because he thought it would be funny to make the fans really angry.

And meh, I can't chalk that up to inexperience. He'd been on the show for 3 seasons and knew fandom well enough to know exactly what he was doing and what kind of reaction he would get. Heather said as much. That kind of behavior is why I think he's kind of douchey and doesn't get my benefit of the doubt wrt his comments about preferring being paired with white blondes.

• Love 5
(edited)

To be fair, not being on screen yet doesn't mean fans weren't already hyper-reacting to something that hadn't happened yet.  You know how speculation runs rampant over nothing on the internet...

ETA:  I don't think it's a great idea to intentionally troll fans either, but I still think people read into motivations in statements that aren't there.

Edited by dizzyizzy01

Honestly, Chord posts/posted set pics all the time, so I never gave any of this a second thought. But again, with all the shit they deal with from fans, I personally don't mind if they decide to have a little fun of their own back.

I definitely agree that Chord is probably a bro in real life, but I still don't mind or think there's any malicious intent when picking a favorite ship. I see why it looks bad, mostly due to timing, but eh. Heather seems like somebody that is just fun to film with, based on what I've seen. It seems like she's just a weird/goofy person and fun to hang with. And to be completely shallow, yeah if Dianna Agron is my love interest, I wouldn't want to lose that job (nothing against Heather or Amber or Lea or anybody else because all are pretty, but Dianna is seriously one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen.) Plus, Dianna was Chord's first love interest and I've noticed lately a lot of times he talks about his favorite moments/scenes, they seem to stem from his first few episodes/filming days.

But anyways, I guess I don't see the issue but I understand how it can look. But, he and Amber seem very friendly too so no harm, no foul.

That kind of behavior is why I think he's kind of douchey and doesn't get my benefit of the doubt wrt his comments about preferring being paired with white blondes

I'm usually one who tries to give Chord the benefit of the doubt, because he generally seems like an ok guy. But I can't pretend not to notice that the only pairing he didn't really talk about or hype was the one he had with Amber. He was never shy about playing up any of his other onscreen relationships. Now I freely admit that might be reading into something that in't there, bu it's my observation  never the less. 

And to be fair I can't remember Amber really talking about Samcedes that much either. But she didn't have a string of love inerests to compare him to, so her silence was not as noticeable. 

Anyhoo, they could be best friends for all we know! LOL!

Haha oh my...

The nearly impossible petition for a Klaine/Kurt CoBlaine centered spin off of 'Glee'

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/897/990/115/the-nearly-impossible-petition-for-a-klainekurt-coblaine-centered-spin-off-of-glee/

It's funny how they claim numerous award nominations and especially Chris' Golden Globe as something Klaine got and 'earned', when most of those awards/nominations were given before Klaine even excisted on Glee, as they were based on season 1 (original cast) and maybe the first half of season 2, and/or given to Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel individually.

And lol: they want a spin-off for their favorite couple, but they want no break-ups, fights or other nastiness, only happy marital bliss with many cuddles and maybe a baby, preferable on a network that allows more gay kisses and PDA than Fox.

That petition seems prompted mainly for the (straight) fetishising of gay male pairings.

But yeah, I seriously doubt Darren and especially Chris would be willing to do a Klaine spin-off. Not gonna happen.

• Love 1

I do understand that this doesn’t have the highest chance of happening and I predict maybe only 5-7% right now

5 to 7% chance of happening? I guess denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

It's funny how they claim numerous award nominations and especially Chris' Golden Globe as something Klaine got and 'earned', when most of those awards/nominations were given before Klaine even excisted on Glee, as they were based on season 1 (original cast) and maybe the first half of season 2, and/or given to Chris Colfer/Kurt Hummel individually.

And lol: they want a spin-off for their favorite couple, but they want no break-ups, fights or other nastiness, only happy marital bliss with many cuddles and maybe a baby, preferable on a network that allows more gay kisses and PDA than Fox.

That petition seems prompted mainly for the (straight) fetishising of gay male pairings.

But yeah, I seriously doubt Darren and especially Chris would be willing to do a Klaine spin-off. Not gonna happen.

Haha not enough money to get Chris back into Klaine.  

How funny lets reboot Klaine with a different pair of actors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris and Darren started their own "Fuck, no!" counter-petition.

Chris is smart enough to not touch the crazy with a 10-foot pole. Darren on the other hand... I could see him tweeting about it and subtly encouraging it. He'll hold on to that fanbase as long as he can.

• Love 1

Chris is smart enough to not touch the crazy with a 10-foot pole. Darren on the other hand... I could see him tweeting about it and subtly encouraging it. He'll hold on to that fanbase as long as he can.

Darren was all but outright proclaiming the character, pairing and fandom to be nuts by the end. I mean, he always made sure not to diss the fans directly, but shade was thrown. A lot.

Dianna has an interesting style, some times I like it, sometimes I don't.  AT it's most questionable,  It's the enviable  luxury a beautiful woman has to sometimes literally put on ANYTHING in public...LOL.

I'm still genuinely confused why Glee on and offscreen didn't seem to realise Harry was the hottest guy on the cast by some distance.

Also, I've never had a discussion on the internet about Harry where his abs didn't get mentioned!! And not always by Caracas!

• Love 1

I'm still genuinely confused why Glee on and offscreen didn't seem to realise Harry was the hottest guy on the cast by some distance.

Also, I've never had a discussion on the internet about Harry where his abs didn't get mentioned!! And not always by Caracas!

Different strokes I guess. Harry is a good-looking guy, but he's never done anything for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

He’s got big vocal range, he can sing higher than the score is written, which is a rough thing for people usually.

The pr BS has gone stratospheric, Sara.

How can any BW tenor measure up, they're just theatre singers who can't look different for a role to save their lives. Nor are so very pretty. Duh! 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 3

Worse, the PR is really insulting to all the previous actors that have played Hedwig until now. That Trask is basically dismissing the talent of a Tony award winner and Tony nominee (NPH and AR) in order to keep up this insistence that Darren is the best thing to hit Broadway in ages is really grating. I get that the need to convince the audience to give Darren a chance to fill seats, but why couldn't he have just complimented Darren's talent and call him a worthy successor to the role?

I'll admit that Darren has been received more positively than I expected, but Trask still comes off as an idiot. Why the need to basically tear down other performers in order to prop up Darren?

• Love 1
(edited)

Saying it's rough for them to sing above the score, unlike for Darren, insults their vocal ability because it's not true. Just take Andrew Rannells. Not to speak of BW tenors in general. Like I said before, I'd like to hear Darren take the notes Jon Groff does in Anything Goes, and I mean sing, not shout or scream.

It's hilarious to me that Darren's high range in particular is singled out as heads above the BW "theater singers". It's probably the most ridiculous assertion about his voice ever made. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1
(edited)

Saying it's rough for them to sing above the score, unlike for Darren, insults their vocal ability because it's not true. Just take Andrew Rannells. Not to speak of BW tenors in general

. Like I said before, I'd like to hear Darren take the notes Jon Groff does in Anything Goes, and

I mean sing, not shout or scream.

It's hilarious to me that Darren's high range in particular is singled out as heads above the BW "theater singers". It's probably the most

ridiculous assertion about his voice ever made.

Or the notes most Broadway actors are asked to

sing. Jon Groff, Matt Morrison, and many others have bigger ranges than Darren.

Edited by Sara2009
  • Love 3

Dianna Agron in Esquire UK:

http://www.esquire.co.uk/women/article/8323/esqa-dianna-agron/

Which moment in your career are you most proud of so far?
I think right now. I feel like this year has showcased hard work from the past couple of years. A play in London was something I definitely wanted to do but didn’t know when. I was supposed to be doing a movie here in January but it got postponed. I’d had my heart set on living in London so I looked for a play. Luckily, the timing was incredible.

Seriously, she's gotten good critical reviews from her last two films and now the McQueen play.  She must be on cloud nine.