Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

Yup for someone who wouldn't "struggle" outside their range unlike limited BW singers like Matt Morrison.

And Darren clearly would've hit those high notes at the end better than NPH.

(edited)

Look, I'm even a Darren fan..but it's certainly not for his vocal range..Like..range is measurable..I don't even know why he'd say that. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 1

Definitely, it creeps in.

She's such a cutie pie.  I was in London for 2 weeks once and by the end of it I had picked up a bit of the accent - she's always sounded posh now she sounds like a Queen!

Surprised Heather is going on "What's my line" since that show seems more of an improvisational acting thang. So interesing how Heather has morphed into acting as a serious career path for herself.

Surprised Heather is going on "What's my line" since that show seems more of an improvisational acting thang. So interesing how Heather has morphed into acting as a serious career path for herself.

I wouldn't describe it as a serious acting career. Hollywood will always have plenty of dumb blonde roles, Heather proved in Glee she had that talent. 

Not sure how four castmates equals a massive Glee reunion. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I wouldn't describe it as a serious acting career. Hollywood will always have plenty of dumb blonde roles, Heather proved in Glee she had that talent.

I"m not quite sure what you're getting at.   If Heather decides to go after more acting roles as she's been doing since her pregnancy, IMO it's a choice she's making and therefore why I called it a serious acting career.  It's taking advantage of opportunities offered her, but it's not as if  there isn't heavy competition for EVERY role in HW since there are many actors who vie for such roles as Heathers landed.  It doesn't matter if they are "dumb blonde roles".

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I"m not quite sure what you're getting at.   If Heather decides to go after more acting roles as she's been doing since her pregnancy, IMO it's a choice she's making and therefore why I called it a serious acting career.  It's taking advantage of opportunities offered her, but it's not as if  there isn't heavy competition for EVERY role in HW since there are many actors who vie for such roles as Heathers landed.  It doesn't matter if they are "dumb blonde roles".

Well dumb blonde roles are all she's capable of, as Glee shows, she's barely capable of that. But she's pretty blonde and compliant, that'll always do really well in Hollywood. I expect her to be relatively successful, possibly even the most successful of the women. This is Hollywood were talking about. 

Variety cover, both Grant and Melissa with show runner Greg Berlanti:

tumblr_nok3joBkIK1r4ezfzo1_r1_500.jpg

That cover rocks. 

I'll bite.

"Compliant"?

Maybe compliant was the wrong word, but she doesn't upset the applecart, she's a good company girl, easy to work with. Like I say wouldn't surprise me if she was the most successful among the women of Glee. 

(edited)

OK, so Heather is blonde, pretty, and (now clarified ) easy to work with.

That describes about 10000 other female actresses in HW. 

Like I say wouldn't surprise me if she was the most successful among the women of Glee.

Still don't see how it defines Heather as not having a serious acting career.  Actors don't have to play Macbeth type roles to qualify.   Just seems to me an intent to minimize her career as if it's not a big deal or she isn't putting conscious effort into it, that's all.  Some actors may have an advantage per having a "look" HW that is easier to cast, but it doesn't mean they aren't putting effort into it.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe the acting gigs seem a better option to Heather than going on tours as a backup dancer now that she has a small kid / family. Maybe they are better paid too relatively speaking. If such gigs are coming her way, why would she turn them down? There is this phrase "a working actor".

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 3

Not sure how four castmates equals a massive Glee reunion. 

I think it's the biggest non-official gathering of Glee cast and crew since Halloween like...3 or 4 years ago. Also, Heather, Naya, Jenna, Kevin, Vanessa, and Grant were all there, so that's 6. Plus Glee crew members like Brooke Lipton, Telly, and Meg Doyle. Plus all of the consistent Glee dancers like Brittany Parks, Hannah Douglass, etc etc.

I think online publications are promoting it as a big Glee reunion, because it was the first time a large group of the Glee cast and crew has been together like this, in a non-official capacity, in years.

As for Heather and her career, I think as long as she is able to legitimately make a living out of being a working actress, then there's really nothing to shame her or her fans for. It is what it is. Tons of actors and actresses play repeat specific types in a lot of their roles. (Btw, this probably belongs in the acting thread, but IMO Heather was better at full out crying scenes than almost the entire cast of the show)

• Love 1

I think it's the biggest non-official gathering of Glee cast and crew since Halloween like...3 or 4 years ago. Also, Heather, Naya, Jenna, Kevin, Vanessa, and Grant were all there, so that's 6. Plus Glee crew members like Brooke Lipton, Telly, and Meg Doyle. Plus all of the consistent Glee dancers like Brittany Parks, Hannah Douglass, etc etc.

I think online publications are promoting it as a big Glee reunion, because it was the first time a large group of the Glee cast and crew has been together like this, in a non-official capacity, in years.

Really? I've seen different groups of the cast at lots of things together. A couple of charity events hosted by Jenna, Amber's Christmas concert, that thing in Paris.

Really? I've seen different groups of the cast at lots of things together. A couple of charity events hosted by Jenna, Amber's Christmas concert, that thing in Paris.

Wasn't the thing in Paris a Glee convention? Jenna's events I would count as doing something in official capacity, as a public figure. She promotes the guests who will be making an appearance. It's not a gathering on their personal time. And I'm not sure who went to Amber's concert, tbh, but I don't remember it being that many. Because I think Glee was filming on the day/night of her concert, which is why a lot of people couldn't show up to it, IIRC.

Anyway, I feel like this one of the bigger Glee reunions on their personal time, which is why the media grasped onto all the Glee people being there. It's just something they can say, Aw look these people are still close and here are some pics of them being cute.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think this should come with the caveat of "as far as we know". It's perfectly possible there have been such occasions like private parties, just not as publicised. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2

We have "cast and crew on social media" kind of threads in some of the other forums I lead; if you want to start one of those, this stuff would fit well there. Alternately, it could go in each person's specific thread.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/matthew-morrison-glsen-respect-awards-799656

Matthew Morrison Honored at GLSEN Respect Awards: "'Glee' Became a Source of Hope"

Matthew Morrison was literally speechless when honored at the GLSEN Respect Awards on Monday night.

The Finding Neverland star, who was given the Inspiration Award for his portrayal of exemplary educator Will Schuster on Fox's Glee, was put on vocal rest for a week due to a bout with bronchitis.

Nevertheless, wife Renee Morrison accompanied him onstage at New York City's Cipriani 42nd Street and read his speech aloud. The actor held up a dry-erase board with the joke, "This is my GLSEN day of silence," referencing the organization's annual protest for those who are forced to remain mum due to bullying.

The honoree's speech noted that Morrison has had a taste of LGBT-targeted bullying. "Often, there's a misconception that if someone studies the arts or is into musical theatre, that they are gay, as if being gay is a negative," said Matthew via Renee, recounting how a journalist asked him about the common misperception. "My response? I love gay people, so I'm not going to be insulted or angry by being called gay. As a straight man standing up for the LGBT community, I feel a sense of responsibility to make sure that people know that being gay is not a negative."

Passionate about arts education and LGBT rights, Morrison continued, "Glee became a source of hope, inspiration and release for so many affected audiences dealing with these very issues, … [and] allowed some kids to walk a little taller and prouder and be more confident in themselves. As an actor, I've never been more proud." He dedicated the award "to the kids out there everywhere who have stood up to bullying and who are not just afraid to be themselves, but proud to be themselves."

• Love 1
(edited)

For your 2015 Emmy Consideration ....

“A musical comedy about a group of ambitious and talented young adults who dream of stardom, but struggle with life in the real world.”

Episodes:

The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester
    Transitioning
    Dreams Come True

http://tcftvscreeningroom.com/show/glee/

Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester I think is in my bottom 5 worse episodes.  

Edited by tom87
  • Love 3

The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester is completely bizarre. I mean which long running series has its ongoing antagonist taken down by down by someone who was not only not the series protagonist, but someone who was never more than a bit part character.

It's not just bad writing its wtf writing.

The only one on that list that remotely deserves any kind of consideration was 2009. At least that episode honored the intent and feel of the pilot while allowing some backstory and depth to the various characters introductions. Besides the unnecessary Blaine cameo and the simple fact that there was no way they were going to make Mr. Chris "Puberty Is My Bitch" Colfer look anything close to the way he did at 19, it was a darn good episode.

The rest... continuing reminders of just how bad Glee could be when they put their minds to it. The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester? Stupid and pointless. Transitioning? Inspirational if you ignore the fact that they totally destroyed Beiste's character and history to make it happen. Dreams Come True? A bucket load of fairydust and wish fulfillment fanfiction in place of a proper series finale.

• Love 1
(edited)

The two non finale episodes highlight Jane and Dot in particular with a lot of screen time and meaty storylines. They where both nominated in 2013, the most recent achieved in the acting categories, so FOX/RIB probably though those episodes provided their best hopes of last possible Emmy love.

I mean Dots transition story screamed Emmy bait as soon as it was spiled by the media.

Edited by Pink ranger

The two non finale episodes highlight Jane and Dot in particular with a lot of screen time and meaty storylines. They where both nominated in 2013, the most recent achieved in the acting categories, so FOX/RIB probably though those episodes provided their best hopes of last possible Emmy love.

I mean Dots transition story screamed Emmy bait as soon as it was spiled by the media.

Figured that but since the individuals submit their own episodes too it  seems redundant.

Dot wanted to be a regular so bad but now she will be in the supporting actress category against Jane instead of guest star which I think hurts her chances (not that glee has much chance tbh).

• Love 1

Since they included several writers, producers and directors, I'm a little surprised they didn't include Glee showrunner/producer/writer /director Ryan Murphy.

As well as other high profile "celebrity " directors/producers such as Lee Daniels and Greg Berlanti.

Since they included several writers, producers and directors, I'm a little surprised they didn't include Glee showrunner/producer/writer /director Ryan Murphy.

As well as other high profile "celebrity " directors/producers such as Lee Daniels and Greg Berlanti.

Guess they do not find them hot and/or proud??  :)

• Love 1
(edited)

http://variety.com/2015/artisans/news/creative-arts-emmys-original-music-proliferates-on-tv-1201509644/

Emmys - Original Songs Set the Stage for Multi-Platiform Competition Between Shows

Top creators are now happy to contribute to TV, especially given today’s wider latitude of cable and streaming options.

And while it’s impossible to predict what songs from the 2014-15 season will end up as Emmy nominees, the competition may be fiercer than ever, including tunes from past Oscar winners, top hip-hop producers, TV vets and one particularly edgy comedienne.
Among the anticipated entries:

• “This Time” from the last episode of “Glee,” written by cast member Darren Criss and performed by series star Lea Michele. “Not only is Rachel Berry saying goodbye, but Lea herself is saying goodbye,” says Criss. “I tried to personify all of our feelings, the journey of all of us, whether it was watching ‘Glee’ for the past several years, or working on it, behind or in front of the camera. It’s a big musical-theater ballad, not your typical pop song.”

Edited by tom87
(edited)

http://www.emmys.com/

Glee and glee cast names/episodes submitted for Emmy NOMINATIONS consideration.

· 2015 Primetime Emmy Awards Ballot

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series

Lea Michele as Rachel Berry, Glee

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series

Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel, Glee

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series

Dot-Marie Jones as Shannon/Sheldon Beiste, Glee
        Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester, Glee

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series 

Carol Burnett as Doris Sylvester, Glee (”The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester”)
        NeNe Leakes as Coach Roz, Glee (”Jagged Little Tapestry”)
        Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez, Glee (”A Wedding”)

Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series

Chris Colfer as Tony Chase, Hot In Cleveland

Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series

“Transitioning” (Directed by Dante Di Loreto)
        “2009” (Directed by Paris Barclay)
        “Dreams Come True” (Directed by Bradley Joseph Buecker)

Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic)

“2009”/”Dreams Come True”

Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program

Jane Lynch, Hollywood Game Night

Outstanding Writing for A Comedy Series

Glee, “Dreams Come True”

Strange no Matt Morrison when this past season he was actually the male lead again. 

Edited by tom87
(edited)

What, no love for Brittany's parents?

I don't even remember last time HGN was on. In fact, I was wondering when it was coming back. Must've missed the new episodes if JL is up for consideration for that. (Now, Celebrity Name Game--that seems to be on ALL the time.)

(No consideration for CC's featured grandmother song in HIC?! LOL)

Edited by indeed
(edited)

(No consideration for CC's featured grandmother song in HIC?! LOL)

Lol, it was quite a silly one. Surprised Fox isn't submitting Darren's finale song but maybe the original music submissions are yet to come? Fox will probably push for Empire though. In any case, I'd be surprised if Glee gets even a single nom. 

Edited by fakeempress

Lol, it was quite a silly one. Surprised Fox isn't submitting Darren's finale song but maybe the original music submissions are yet to come? Fox will probably push for Empire though. In any case, I'd be surprised if Glee gets even a single nom.

Fox (and other studios/production companies) cannot submit original music nominations - the songwriters/composers/music editors must enter themselves. Also, they are required to judge no more than ten hours of their fellow submissions, so it's a different process than most other categories. However, this is based on last year's rules, so procedures may have changed.

Darren and the Empire songwriters (Timbaland, Jim Beanz, Jussie Smollett, et al.) would have to submit their own work. Darren could only submit This Time, since Rise was not written specifically for Glee. And I don't think the music categories release long-lists of nominations, just the final five or less. Besides, Glee has never been nominated in the original song category, at least not the short list.

I'm sure that Darren and his team will submit This TIme for consideration and it might stand a small chance of making it to the ballot since there was a lot of publicity about the song, but I honestly don't see any realistic chances for Glee to get an Emmy nomination, let alone a win. The show just fell so out of favor with not just critics, but the general audience and it's off the air now. Glee is about as dead a horse as you're ever going to find.

Is it the done thing for shows to enter Emmy submissions even if they no there's no chance of winning, or is it only shows who think they're in with a chance of winning that submit?

And if it's the latter, WTF are they on?

(edited)
WTF are they on?

They're own inflated egos?  LOL

Gleaning from various comments made by Ryan Murphy over the years, I suspect that the jackasses who wrote and produced Glee think that they consistently delivered a product that is just a shade below Shakespeare.  If you don't agree, you simply don't understand their genius. <snark>

In all seriousness though, it really wouldn't surprise me to learn that these idiots sincerely believe that the crap they churned out deserved to be rewarded.

Edited by LydiaMoon1

Yes, it's sort of protocol to throw out there names for Emmy consideration.

The funny thing is that it isn't as if Ryan Murphy has burned his Emmy cred. AHS still got nods and good wins last year , in fact it got 17 Emmy nods each year for it's first 3 seasons and I'm sure it will get a bucket full for this last 4th season "The Normal Heart" got a lot of awards/nominations too.

Glee is unique in that I can't recall a show that got so much acclaim/critical buzz by the Emmys , a whopping 19 Emmy nods its very first year, and 14 nods it's 2nd year and then it got pretty much irrelevant and a non factor the rest of it's run. Lea, Matt and even Chris and Jane got sidelined for recognition by the critics because they couldn't overlook how fucking badly the characters were being written. As in jaw dropping bad. The critics turned their backs on Glee so completely, and anybody not named RIB saw that a mile away.