Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

Since Chris made a cute mention of Naya today: US Magazine is hard at work wringing some Glee drama out of its writeup about Chris's YA book: "Now that the actor, 25, has officially wrapped up his role on Glee, could this new young adult novel be a tell-all in disguise? The Glee stars were often a hot topic in the media, most notably last year when Colfer revealed that he wasn’t invited to costar Naya Rivera’s wedding. Rivera, who was fired from the show after five seasons, was reportedly the center of the on-set drama, although Lea Michele dispelled these rumors last year on The Late Show with David Letterman."

Since Chris made a cute mention of Naya today: US Magazine is hard at work wringing some Glee drama out of its writeup about Chris's YA book: "Now that the actor, 25, has officially wrapped up his role on Glee, could this new young adult novel be a tell-all in disguise? The Glee stars were often a hot topic in the media, most notably last year when Colfer revealed that he wasn’t invited to costar Naya Rivera’s wedding. Rivera, who was fired from the show after five seasons, was reportedly the center of the on-set drama, although Lea Michele dispelled these rumors last year on The Late Show with David Letterman."

What was his mention of Naya?

Oops sorry. Said he sang Girl on Fire in the shower this morning because he was thinking of her.

Do we have an idea when her baby is due?

All I know is she must have announced her pregnancy the day after conception.

• Love 1

I liked how Janes character was written in season 6, this spunky girl who wanted to go to her dads old all boys school and be a Warbler. I don't think that her race was even mentioned in dialogue. Although maybe it's because their wasn't enough time for them to get to ruin her.

She was literally told to sit at the back and shut up when she got to McKinley.

I didn't take that to mean that they didn't get along.

After Glee wrapped Matt few to New York the next day and was working on Finding Neverland since then and Lea went straight to Scream queens. I am not surprised that he hasn't really kept in touch with them since as they weren't ever even in the same city since and have their own careers and lives going on.

Edited by Pink ranger

Yea, I didn't get the vibe from Matt that he doesn't get along with either Lea or Naya, despite Andy's teasing. However when Andy brought up the rumored feuds/battles/canning from a supposed Lea/Naya catfight my opinon was more that Matt of course didn't want to go there but that something definitely had gone down.

Granted, hard to deny when Naya was even written out of the last episode of Season 5 after filming had started.

Edited by caracas1914

Yeah I don't think anyone could completely deny it. Well not with a straight face.

I think Lea was always going to be the target of Naya's book whatever happened between them. She's still the biggest draw of the glee cast. She'll get Naya the headlines she wants.

However Naya did come back for Season 6 and as fuckingly horrible as that last season turned out to be, the Santana/Brittany SL surprisingly actually got IMO the only half way decent S/L resolution. Granted it was a high bar.

It's obvious some of the higher ups wanted her back, so I think the presumed Naya/Lea feud was just one of different feuds and battles going on behind the scenes.

Edited by caracas1914

Matt could have said, "C'mmon that's not true", or "don't believe the tabloids", but IMO he had this shit eating grin on his face that didn't exactly scream poker face about the situation.

It's not a terrible thing Matt did, but his body and face language gave him away, LOL.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Matt just seemed like he wanted to avoid the question. I think it's obvious that Matt wasn't very close with Lea or Naya too. Yes, they're both working..it takes a half a second to text and usually people don't answer that question with a "no." It's "occasionally" or "We're busy but sometimes.." 

Matt could have said, "C'mmon that's not true", or "don't believe the tabloids", but IMO he had this shit eating grin on his face that didn't exactly scream poker face about the situation.

It's not a terrible thing Matt did, but his body and face language gave him away, LOL.

Matt has never really had a good poker face. LOL

But my point was that he didn't intentionally throw anyone under the bus. I think the question really caught him off guard.

It's possible he doesn't even know for sure. Wasn't the feud during the NY arc when he wasn't even on the show?

Matt has never really had a good poker face. LOL

But my point was that he didn't intentionally throw anyone under the bus. I think the question really caught him off guard.

It's possible he doesn't even know for sure. Wasn't the feud during the NY arc when he wasn't even on the show?

The sets for the NY were right next to McKinley. I don't believe anyone on the glee cast of crew who says they don't know.

If the question caught him off guard then he doesnt understand the show he was a guest on. If a show will call a child an asshole, they'll probe the ex-boyfriend of an actress reportedly involved in a feud about said feud.

Well in was during the NY only ark and when he wasnt on set he shouldnt gossip about it. I think he came off as an asshole. I have never seen an interview where he came off likable to me. Add in Andy Cohen trying to stir up shit like it's a housewives reunion and it came off very poorly imo.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 1

I think it was obvious there was tension between Naya and Lea but I still say something more than that had to happen for Naya to be written out of the last episode of season 5, practically overnight, especially when I believe at least one song with her had been recorded.  If it was merely tension between the two of them they would have found a way for them not to be in any scenes together in that episode (as they did in season 6 in that I can't recall there being any one on one scenes between Rachel and Santana)

Where I am really curious is exactly what restrictions were placed on Naya for her return in season 6.  I assume she had to swallow some pride and I assume there were some restrictions on what on set behavior would be allowed.

As for Matt, he has a bad poker face, but I don't see it as more than that.  

Edited by camussie

I just don't think that he was anticipating being asked about something that happened over a year ago.

I am sure that his PR agent is aware of what a shit stirer Andy Cohen can be but they likely just ran over more current topics that could come up, and probably things about him or Glee in general , not a specific beef between 2 old co-stars.

Edited by Pink ranger

I finally worked out how to access IMBDs STARmeter ratings for actors. I couldn't see everybody's but I thought that they where interesting to note.

Melissa Benoist 24

Grant Gustin 151

Lea Michele 611

Dianna Agron 684

Blake Jenner 1 740

Jayma Mays 1 831

Darren Criss 2 525

Jane Lynch 2 762

Matt Morrison 3 190

Naya Rivera. 3, 285

Heather Morris 3 341

Chris Colfer 3 558

Kevin McHale 4 640

Harry Shum Jr 4 642

Chord Overstreet 5 349

Mark Salling 5 960

Alex Newell 7 866

Max Adler 7 992

Jenna Ushkowitz 9 031

Amber Riley 9, 105

Naturally, those with current or soon up coming tv shows to promote have the most media activity at the moment.

Edited by Pink ranger
(edited)

Alex on playing a Transgender character when he personally is not:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a47797/trans-actors-casting-roundtable-interview/

"The argument could be, "Well, it's not always about that person's personal life, but who can convey that role the best?" It's all in how tastefully you do it. I don't think I got much of a backlash because people were so confused by who I am and whether I'm trans or not always comes up because I've created a gender fluidness, and androgyny, as my persona."

Edited by caracas1914

She mentions she did a couple of episodes of Glee with Grant Gustin. When? I thought he finished well before she started.

All I can come up with is the Klaine proposal (5x01), when half of Lima showed up at Dalton, including the noobs/ND and the Warblers.

...Oh, and there also was Sectionals in season 4, as the Warblers and ND both competed then (4x08, when Marley fainted during Gangham Style, ugh).

Santana was turned into a vile human being with no redeeming features or prospects, who got married to a bitchy moron.

I guess thats one way to see it. I don't, but then again, I don't hate everything but the season 4 and 5 newbies. Santana and Brittney were sweet together, and had a nice ending.

Andy Cohen is so vile and wretched. He and Ryan Murphy are the worst.

I guess thats one way to see it. I don't, but then again, I don't hate everything but the season 4 and 5 newbies. Santana and Brittney were sweet together, and had a nice ending.

One person's sweet, is another person's vile and abusive.

Mind you I only like the season 4 newbies and Mike, and maybe Tina if I ignore her ending.

Yeah, like to most people the season 4 kids were boring and recycled (though not without their charms)...but, as you point put, mileage really does vary, I suppose.

Given all of this talk about Murphy's favorites, did Jenna Ushkowitz run over his dog or something? Poor Tina really got crapped on loads, didn't she?

Edited by AndySmith

But he did write for her. Tina got a lot of attention from Season 4 onward. At least compared to the first three seasons. It was just all really, really bad. So bad.

Tina was still pushed behind Brittany and Marley until Brittany left and they gave up the newbies catching on.

I think it was sweet of Matt to still throw his Halloween party in LA for his friends even though he could attend himself since he was performing on Broadway. His actual birthday is on the 30th so hopefully he does something fun for himself then.

Dude, would you organize a party that you couldn't attend your self ? That's my point, regardless of who paid for it!

I can't see now what Sara said, but I guess it's along the lines that the party is organized by his management with the help of sponsors. This is kinda typical for such Hwd parties as far as I'm aware, Matt may not have really organized anything all these years, the party is held in honour of his birthday, I believe, since it falls on Halloween. It's nice that they kept the tradition regardless of him being away and I'm sure he wanted to be there, but it can also be tied to contracts and sponsorships/endorsements.

Edited by fakeempress

This is doing the rounds on tumblr: 

Justin Thorne asks Kevin about work romances during Glee on Sick of My Own Voice (November 5, 2015)
“It was like Tinder, but in your trailers […] I always—well, we always said—there should have been a show within the show as it was going on, like if we could have had a sort of like documentary happening, because that show would still be on […] Naya’s writing a book, maybe she’ll put some stuff in it.”

Edited by fakeempress

We know of a few

• Lea/Cory - both early on and again in S3 and who knows maybe occasionally in between the two
  • Naya/Mark - supposedly ended right before the S2 tour
  • Naya/that writer guy (blanking on his name)
  • Kevin/Vanessa Lengies (Sugar)
  • Melissa/Blake

Of course those are only the relationships.  I am sure there were random hook-ups as well.  

Edited by camussie