Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Return: Part 7

I thought this was the best episode so far. A lot of different stories going on, the stories away from Twin Peaks mostly picking up momentum, and a decent interweaving of the old cast, complete with some emotional moments (it broke my heart when Frank learned Harry has [I assume] cancer - Robert Forster played that, and the poignant Skype conversation with Doc Hayward [RIP Warren Frost] perfectly). 

I was especially pleased with Diane, tough as hell on the outside but fragile, as so many are, when talking about Cooper. The scene where she confronted "bad" Cooper was phenomenally acted by Laura Dern - the jut of her chin and the steel of her eyes as she asked who he was. And the back and forth with Diane and the FBI gang made me laugh, especially "What's your name?" "Tammy." "Fuck you, Tammy."

The Vegas stuff also seemed to be slowly trudging forward, with more of the old Cooper returning. I guess "the arm" was trying to tempt him to become bad by dismembering Ike (which he resisted)? I'm glad they had Janey-E in there with him fighting Ike, rather than just passing out or getting knocked out. 

The slow fumble back to reality of "good" Cooper was a perfect contrast to "bad" Cooper and his chilling blackmail of the warden. The escape scenes, especially the scene of him in the hall and of the warden looking on after he drove off, clearly disgusted with himself and numb, were beautifully lit and staged. 

I was afraid we were going to hear that Ben was porking Ashley Judd, so I'm glad we have avoided that, for now at least. I'd forgotten what a striking actress Ashley Judd can be until that scene with her husband. 

(Richard Beymer is a real silver fox - he reminds me of Tim Gunn now)

Good comedy in this too, with Diane and the agents but also with Jerry.

And I liked the beautiful last shot of the Double R.

Really enjoyed this one.

Oh - what was going on in the Andy scenes? I missed a bit of that.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Audrey, is she still in a coma? Inquiring minds.....um......want to know.

From the tone I got the sense she was just in a coma then. In the book Mark Frost wrote, she was in a coma and then recovered. Not sure if that book's totally canon as it doesn't mention Annie...although even the mentions of Annie tonight were sort of odd, as if she were a stranger to Hawk.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1
Just now, Pete Martell said:

From the tone I got the sense she was just in a coma then. In the book Mark Frost wrote, she was in a coma and then recovered. Not sure if that's totally canon as it doesn't mention Annie...although even the mentions of Annie tonight were sort of odd, as if she were a stranger to Hawk.

I suppose I should read the books.....

I again was struck by how much Ashley judd/Beveley looked like Audrey.

The hum they are trying to track is interesting.

• Love 3
(edited)

Since this episode told us BadCooper visited the hospital where Audrey was recovering after the bank explosion, I'm guessing 1) Richard (drugged-out truck-speeding child manslaughterer) is the spawn of BadCooper's rape of unconscious Audrey.  God help us all.

On the lighter side:  the Girl from Ipanema!

27 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I thought this was the best episode so far. A lot of different stories going on, the stories away from Twin Peaks mostly picking up momentum, and a decent interweaving of the old cast, complete with some emotional moments (it broke my heart when Frank learned Harry has [I assume] cancer - Robert Forster played that, and the poignant Skype conversation with Doc Hayward [RIP Warren Frost] perfectly). 

I'd forgotten Warren Frost had died.  Many, too many, swansongs in this series.  But I'm glad to see them.  

Am I wrong about this?:  The last time Kyle Maclachlan and Laura Dern shared screen time was at the end of 1986's Blue Velvet, when they were celebrating the return of the Robins of Love?  Times have changed...

4 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Josie Packard!

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I suppose I should read the books.....

I again was struck by how much Ashley judd/Beveley looked like Audrey.

The secret history book is an interesting read. Some thought it didn't fit the show's tone, but I liked getting to know more about the past of various residents. It's very Milford-heavy, which interested me more than I thought considering that whole story with the MIlford brothers did nothing for me on the show. It also gives a wrap-up to the Packard-Martell saga that I don't know will ever be referenced on the revival.

You can see dribs and drabs of the book in the show so far.

29 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

Oh - what was going on in the Andy scenes? I missed a bit of that.

It looked like Andy/LE had traced the truck Richard was driving when he killed the child in E7 to this bearded guy.  Said nervous bearded guy said he'd meet Andy in two hours at agreed upon location.  Andy showed; guy didn't.

• Love 3

I thought Anne died so I am completely confused about her coming back with Coop?

As far as Andy goes...he was talking to a guy, maybe Bing, in the front yard where the truck driven by Richard that killed the kid was parked.  He was acting nervous and kept looking back at the house.  He pleaded with Andy to meet him in 2 hours on a lonely road and he never showed up.  You saw his front door ajar.....

Jaques Renault!  Still a pig.

Benjamin Horne..showed restraint?!? What!

When aren't you high Jerry?

I'm worried for Diane.  

Really like the new sheriff. 

So much to process.

Ewww.  Ike the spike skin?  How did that get there?  Was it skin?

I thought for sure I was going to see Josie in the wood with the tone. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

Since this episode told us BadCooper visited the hospital where Audrey was recovering after the bank explosion, I'm guessing 1) Richard (drugged-out truck-speeding child manslaughterer) is the spawn of BadCooper's rape of unconscious Audrey.  God help us all.

On the lighter side:  the Girl from Ipanema!

Yes, yes, yes. Girl from Panama.

God, that would make sense.

I was thrilled Diane knew something was wrong with Evil Dale.

Great to see the woods and hear the old music.

I also heard Doc say Audrey was in a coma. I hope we get to see her soon.  Since Evil Dale visited her it could lead to a good or horrifying storyline.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dosodog said:

I thought Anne died so I am completely confused about her coming back with Coop?

As far as Andy goes...he was talking to a guy, maybe Bing, in the front yard where the truck driven by Richard that killed the kid was parked.  He was acting nervous and kept looking back at the house.  He pleaded with Andy to meet him in 2 hours on a lonely road and he never showed up.  You saw his front door ajar.....

Annie was last seen in deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me - she was in the hospital and a nurse stole the owl cave ring from her finger. 

Thank you (and Penman) for explaining about Andy. It was good to see him in detective mode. We never saw that much even in the old show.

• Love 1

It makes me sick that EvilCooper more than likely raped Diane -- at least that was my takeaway from their interchange. Just as sick as the thought he raped Audrey while she was in a coma in the hospital. 

But I cheered like a loony fan girl when Dougie Cooper took down the vile, rampaging little dude. For a second, I thought the encounter had awakened Dale, but alas...

Fantastic episode. 

Oh! And whatever that thing or person was walking down the hallway in the morgue freaked me the hell out. 

(edited)

Does anyone know the shipping address of the Roadhouse?  I'd like to Amazon them A GODDAMN PUSH-BROOM...

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh! And whatever that thing or person was walking down the hallway in the morgue freaked me the hell out. 

This was the same figure that was a few cells down from Matthew Lillard (principal) 4-5 eps ago.  In that scene, we saw his disembodied head float away...so you can imagine HOW HAPPY I WAS TO SEE HIS SUNNY FIGURE SKULKING AROUND THE MORGUE <shudder>

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

This was the same figure that was a few cells down from Matthew Lillard (principal) 4-5 eps ago.  In that scene, we saw his disembodied head float away...so you can imagine HOW HAPPY I WAS TO SEE HIS SUNNY FIGURE SKULKING AROUND THE MORGUE <shudder>

I'm starting to wonder if that's Major Briggs' spirit trying to communicate.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pete Martell said:

I'm starting to wonder if that's Major Briggs' spirit trying to communicate.

Well, that figure looks pretty charred, and Bobby said Major Briggs burned to death, right?  

• Love 1

So between Diane and the implications of Hayward's mention of seeing Cooper in the emergency wing being assumed to have visited comatose Audrey (with there now being bad seed Richard Horne roaming around Twin Peaks), evidently Evil Cooper took the opportunity to rape the various ladies in Cooper's life.  Which, granted, is the sort of thing you'd expect somebody influenced by Bob to do.

This was definitely the best episode so far.  More plot connectivity, and even Dougie's scene was relatively short and had some actual action in it.

• Love 3

If my above comment about Diane seems a bit glib, I didn't realize until I read some of the other posts around that they were likely implying he raped her. 

I was sort of naively hoping that "bad" Cooper just hightailed it to safety and went on a crime spree rather than go near the people in Dale's life, but now I realize just how naive that was. 

How awful. It adds another layer to Dern's performance, especially when she broke down with Gordon at the end. 

I don't even want to think about Audrey.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

If my above comment about Diane seems a bit glib, I didn't realize until I read some of the other posts around that they were likely implying he raped her. 

I was sort of naively hoping that "bad" Cooper just hightailed it to safety and went on a crime spree rather than go near the people in Dale's life, but now I realize just how naive that was. 

How awful. It adds another layer to Dern's performance, especially when she broke down with Gordon at the end. 

I don't even want to think about Audrey.

good coop did not meet diane since his arrival at twin peaks.  and knowing what we know about good coop, he didn't have sexual relations with her prior to getting to twin peaks.  therefore the "last time they met" diane is talking about had to be with dopplecoop.

Edited by djsunyc
(edited)
5 minutes ago, djsunyc said:

good coop did not meet diane since his arrived at twin peaks.  and knowing what we know about good coop, he didn't have sexual relations with her prior to getting to twin peaks.  therefore the "last time they met" diane as talking about had to be with dopplecoop.

When I was watching I thought she was trying to trick him, and that her reaction was mostly down to his obviously being a creation of pure evil. For some reason I didn't put it together that the way she was acting with everyone and then her asking him about "that night" likely meant something terrible between them. I guess I'm so used to Lynch eccentricity with characters. Now I can't help wondering what she was like before and just how much that made her change to the woman we saw.

I wonder if they will have Dale learning of any of this if he ever goes back to normal. I imagine a lot of the old Cooper already slowly died out in the black Lodge but if this did happen to Diane and Audrey I think when he finds out he will become very dark indeed. 

Edited by Pete Martell
2 minutes ago, paigow said:

Why was the Dougie assassination attempt so clumsy??? Most handguns have an effective range of more than 1 foot. Why not wait till he gets home? 

well the spike guy wasn't really all that stealth in last week's hit either lol.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So did Diane realize 25 years ago that that was not the real Dale Cooper (who raped her)? Because her rage at the FBI agents and her "fucking Cooper" comment made me think that she was angry at the real DC. 

I wonder if she just didn't even want to face considering whether it was him or not because it would mean facing what was done to her. And when she actually saw him again, she knew. 

• Love 2

This was a good episode - a bunch of the plot threads are finally drawing together!

I felt awful for the Diane character. It was clear that she endured some kind of horrible assault at the hands of Evil DoppelCooper, and has never recovered. And I'm also worried for poor Audrey - was hoping she had somehow escaped his clutches, but it's looking like she might also have been victimized.

The stabby little assassin returned with a gun! And the tiny talking brain/tree/neuron/chewing gum thing also reappeared and made me laugh! Dang it for a second I thought good Cooper might have fully regained his old consciousness, but sadly, no. He's still stupor/Cooper/Dougie.

Who is this Beverly woman played by Ashley Judd, and why is her character significant I wonder? When we saw her returning home to confer with a nurse, for a brief moment I hoped we might have a surprise appearance by Michael Ontkean, but sadly, she's married to someone else with cancer.

It was poignant seeing Warren Frost as Doc Hayward - this episode was dedicated to his memory (I wonder if they'll have exposition on whatever happened to Donna).

That thing shuffling through the morgue creeped me the hell out.

• Love 3
(edited)

I noticed that the episode where we first start getting a real idea of the damage Bob did to the people close to Cooper was the one where Laura's presence reappeared. One of the more depressing and moving aspects of Laura's story that FWWM made clear was that she essentially killed herself to protect other people and to keep what was left of her agency. Dale likely would have done the same but he was never given the choice. What we saw in Diane and what we might see in poor Audrey are why Laura chose to die.

If Bob Cooper returns to Twin Peaks pretending to be the "real" Dale, then it's only Laura's diary that is likely to save lives. 

There's always been a bit of an idea, sometimes egged on in the show, sometimes not, that Laura was this huge burden and drag on the people in her life. She was in some ways, but she wanted to help people too. She died in order to help people. I'm hoping that this episode is going to be the start of weaving that into the narrative, as it was Laura and her memory that kept me emotionally attached to the show and the film above everything else. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 6

Music stuff, no Bang Bang Bar band this time:

Not sure we needed an extended shot of someone sweeping the floor for 3 minutes, but I dig "Green Onions" by Booker T, so I went with it.

I liked the closing shot of the busy Diner accompanied to "Sleep Walk". Seems appropriate for Good Cooper. As the one-armed man pleaded last episode, WAKE UP DAMMIT!

• Love 4

This was definitely more what I was expecting regarding this reboot and I agree that this was the best episode of the season. I am curious about Ashley Judd's character and her husband and they connect to everything going on in Twin Peaks.

Still need to find out what the hell happened to Audrey - we are almost halfway through the season and not even a mention as to what she is doing now. She was always one of my favorite characters and Sherilyn Finn fought hard to keep Lynch on this revival - surely he gave her a good story in return.

Obscure reference alert - the final song playing in the Double R Diner was the song Sleep Walk - this song was featured in the 1992 horror film Sleepwalkers starring Madchen Amick (Shelly).

• Love 2

I saw someone saying the noise at the hotel might be Josie, as she is still a doorknob. I hadn't thought of that. I doubt it, but it would amuse me if she did somehow take over the whole hotel and send Ben screaming.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have a friend back in NYC who has never, ever forgotten Mädchen Amick's famous dance scene in Sleepwalkers from when he was a hormonal teenager, and whenever we discussed TP he would not fail to bring it up. He is watching the new show so he must be freaking out tonight if they used another song from that.*

*(Knowing David Lynch and his fondness for Mädchen he never forgot it either.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

So i'm thinking if BadCoop most likely raped Audrey as well a Diane, perhaps he also did the same to Annie - she would have been in the same hospital as Audrey so it wouldn't have been too difficult for him to do a two-fer there...and that Annie was so traumatised by both the Windom kidnapping/Black Lodge entry and assault by this man she thought was truly good that she either (a) went insane and is in a mental facility (b) lost her will to live and died in hospital (3) committed suicide after leaving hospital (she had once tried to slit her wrists once in the past) or (4) went back into the convent.

I thought the humming sound might be coming from Audrey Horne's secret hiding place in the walls.

I'm going to laugh if Lynch has the audacity to bring back the final incarnation of regular Cooper in the final minutes of episode 18.

Laura Dern was great in the interrogation scene with Bad Cooper.

Were we supposed to know who Ashley Judd's ill husband was?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, dwmckim said:

So i'm thinking if BadCoop most likely raped Audrey as well a Diane, perhaps he also did the same to Annie - she would have been in the same hospital as Audrey so it wouldn't have been too difficult for him to do a two-fer there...and that Annie was so traumatised by both the Windom kidnapping/Black Lodge entry and assault by this man she thought was truly good that she either (a) went insane and is in a mental facility (b) lost her will to live and died in hospital (3) committed suicide after leaving hospital (she had once tried to slit her wrists once in the past) or (4) went back into the convent.

Was Annie let out of the lodge at the same time as bad Cooper? When she appeared to Laura was that supposed to be the real her or just some version of herself...?

I can't tell if they're trying to minimize her as much as they can, although I guess if they are saying he raped two of the women in Dale's life they might just go for a third to explain why she isn't around.

• Love 1
(edited)

Right after Dougie vanquished Spike, egged on by the Tree Thing that is "the Evolution of the Arm," a (non-Mike) one-armed man walks up and stands behind Dougie/Janey during the aftermath.  Hard to miss once you see it.

I swear to God, this show...

ETA: Moxie Cat correctly corrects my mis-seeing this.  It is NOT a one-armed man.  Apologies!

Edited by Penman61
Because correct facts fucking matter.
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I wonder if she just didn't even want to face considering whether it was him or not because it would mean facing what was done to her. And when she actually saw him again, she knew. 

Is that a definite or just a guess? If she could tell it wasn't the real Cooper in jail, wouldn't she have been able to tell that wasn't the real Cooper at her house?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Is that a definite or just a guess? If she could tell it wasn't the real Cooper in jail, wouldn't she have been able to tell that wasn't the real Cooper at her house?

I'm just guessing. 

At the time of that night, he likely took her by surprise, whereas when she visited him in jail they were separated and she could see him and talk with him. I guess that could have made a difference. I could see her always possibly knowing it wasn't the "real" Cooper but this not mattering to her as someone with his face had still come into her home and raped her (if that's what they're saying happened), so she just didn't want to ever talk or think about it.

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

Was Annie let out of the lodge at the same time as bad Cooper? When she appeared to Laura was that supposed to be the real her or just some version of herself...?

Annie came out the same time as the Bad Dale. She went to Calhoun Memorial Hospital, where she was seen in the deleted scenes from FWWM in an altered state, saying the same thing she says to Laura in Laura's dream.

I would assume Annie was able to commune across time and space with Laura either then or during her time in the Lodge. The nosebleed on her face in the dream is identical to the wound she had there when she was shown coming out of the Lodge in episode 29. (Though for whatever reason - continuity error or deliberate choice - Annie is wearing Caroline Earle's flowered dress which she briefly appeared in in the Lodge in Laura's dream and in the hospital scenes, while the Annie who actually emerged from the Lodge was wearing the black dress she wore to Miss Twin Peaks.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Who is this Beverly woman played by Ashley Judd, and why is her character significant I wonder? When we saw her returning home to confer with a nurse, for a brief moment I hoped we might have a surprise appearance by Michael Ontkean, but sadly, she's married to someone else with cancer.

I got an impression from the first episode, which was reinforced in this one: in his later years, Ben Horne - who used to run around laying everything except the runner carpets in the Great Northern - is now trying to cultivate an air of respectable civility and restraint, especially with women.  To that end having a beautiful assistant like Beverly around on a daily basis embodies Temptation to Ben - a temptation to which he cannot allow himself to succumb.  Kind of like the way a reformed alcoholic may keep a bottle of whiskey in the kitchen cupboard, or an ex-smoker might still keep a pack in the nightstand.  All are exercises in willpower.

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

I have a friend back in NYC who has never, ever forgotten Mädchen Amick's famous dance scene in Sleepwalkers from when he was a hormonal teenager, and whenever we discussed TP he would not fail to bring it up. He is watching the new show so he must be freaking out tonight if they used another song from that.*

*(Knowing David Lynch and his fondness for Mädchen he never forgot it either.)

Way to make me fall in love with Amick all over again - although to be perfectly honest, I never fell out of love with her in the first place....  :>

• Love 1

Something I haven't seen mentioned which tripped me out: The reuse of some of the classic Badalamenti suspense music from the original series which begins to trickle in over the old-timey music in the diner over the end credits.

You can hear it get layered in under the song, I'm pretty not sure I was not imagining it. I don't know the exact cue. It becomes really disturbing, like you're watching the town going about its business as evil is growing closer. It's appropriate after the long Roadhouse scene which ends with a brutal punctuation which reveals the slimy Renaults still own it, still traffic in underage girls and still go about their same old business. The underside of Twin Peaks is still there. Especially creepy was the ominous final line, which Walter Olkewicz hisses in this animalistic voice: "He owes me for two."

• Love 6

This should  have been episode 2. Finally, a true follow-up to the cliffhanger. This is what I wanted: More significant plots, more character development, and more links to the original. Lots of scenes in Twin Peaks make Twin Peaks better, even when a good part of them is actually exposition.

And at long last, a mention of Audrey. Cooper visiting her at the hospital reminded me of their beautiful relationship and at the same time the implications are horrifying ; it's exactly the kind of unsettling contradiction I expect from Twin Peaks. I'm not sure I'm going to like the direction it takes, of course, but it makes terrible sense. I wonder why Ben didn't mention his daughter: In-universe reasons, or for the sake of stalling?  I had the same feeling with Diane not telling about what happened with EvilCoop.

Minimal Dougie and yay, Real Cooper sighting. I'm not holding my breath for a complete re-emergence any time soon, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Other Truman is much better when his wife isn't around and he's doing cop work, I even felt the connection between the brothers who never were in a scene together. I still miss Harry and regret that Michael Ontkean declined to join the revival. The original wasn't exactly a funny picnic, but between all the (implied) rapes and cancers, the atmosphere of the revival leans a bit too much toward the heavily depressing; the knowledge that several cast members were indeed fighting the big C, and lost, does nothing to help.

Still can't stand Tammy Preston; not that the character does anything, but the actress grates. At first, I wondered if Beverly's husband would be Leo, from his pose in the wheelchair. I found Ashley Judd good, but I hope her scene had a point in the general scheme of things because I feel that too much time was wasted on digressions so far. Is Diane a hooker now?

I thought that the creepy silhouette looked like BOB, with the denim clothes (unless I didn't see well) and the long hair; I half-expected the creep to assault the army woman.

The show isn't there yet for me, but this episode was a huge improvement and I hope it lasts.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Why would Diane be a hooker?

I think the poster is referring to how the guy left her apartment. Kind of the way a john would leave a prostitute after a transaction.

I liked this episode, but I feel as if they are showing events in real time. Or that they are showing everything they filmed, and nothing ended up on the cutting room floor.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Happy Harpy said:

And at long last, a mention of Audrey. Cooper visiting her at the hospital reminded me of their beautiful relationship and at the same time the implications are horrifying ; it's exactly the kind of unsettling contradiction I expect from Twin Peaks. I'm not sure I'm going to like the direction it takes, of course, but it makes terrible sense. I wonder why Ben didn't mention his daughter: In-universe reasons, or for the sake of stalling?  I had the same feeling with Diane not telling about what happened with EvilCoop.

Minimal Dougie and yay, Real Cooper sighting. I'm not holding my breath for a complete re-emergence any time soon, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

I never got the impression Ben cared much about Audrey (or anyone but himself and maybe Jerry); I do agree some parts are stalled out though.

I saw someone say that both Dougie and bad Cooper are now in black and white outfits. 

20 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

I never got the impression Ben cared much about Audrey (or anyone but himself and maybe Jerry); I do agree some parts are stalled out though.

Not when he was bad, but he seemed to at the end of season 2, after Jacoby "cured" him. Unless hitting his head reversed his personality once again. I think he was in love with Laura, albeit in a very sick way. Actually, I expected him to show more of a reaction when he mentioned her name to Beverly.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

He's still stupor/Cooper/Dougie.

Stupor Cooper for the win!

In the last scene, what did the guy run in and yell?  Only in Twin Peaks would that be something people look at and then shrug and go back to their (damn good) coffee and (damn good) pie.

God, I'd forgotten about Josie being trapped in the doorknob.  Poor Josie.  Imagine the things she's seen.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think the poster is referring to how the guy left her apartment. Kind of the way a john would leave a prostitute after a transaction.

I liked this episode, but I feel as if they are showing events in real time. Or that they are showing everything they filmed, and nothing ended up on the cutting room floor.  

I saw it the other way: Diane had a gigolo over, and he was leaving. Or he was a one-night stand from the bar from the rainy night.

Well, Dougie Coop's attempted hit is on Vegas news television. It shouldn't be long till FBI finds him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

In the last scene, what did the guy run in and yell?  

My closed captioning told me he said, "Anyone seen Bing?" but I read in the Times this morning the quote was, "Anyone seen Billy?" Either way, I don't know what that means. Maybe the guy who was supposed to meet Andy?

Speaking of which, we know have all the three "clues" the Giant/???? told Cooper in the opening scene of Ep 1: Richard (Horne), Linda (unseen trailer park resident in wheelchair), and 4-3-0, which I interpreted to be the "4:30" the dude who owned that truck was supposed to meet Andy. What they all mean, who knows?