Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Bridge Over Troubled Water

• Start Topic

Hannah's sisters throw a birthday party for Louis, even though Hannah is starting to question their relationship; Nelson seeks his mother's advice; Catherine plans a party during which Ashley decides to confront Hannah.

Who is this Ashley person?  I've not watched this before.  It's a pretty lackluster show.  At least the brunette (Hannah?) seemed to have a good relationship with her sisters, so I kind of sided with her.  Not sure what she and Ashley were arguing about, but the oh I'm done, and I have to leave - just screams coward to me.  Then she said Hannah was talking in circles, which I didn't see.  Hannah seemed to be asking her why are you putting me down all the time.  Ashley, ran away from that.  Looks like Ashley is a snob.  Honey, your looks are leaving you quickly.  I got that she thinks she's an artiste.  Whatever.  You're not that big of an artiste or fashionista, you're in Savannah.  If either of you were big huge fashion designers, you'd be in NYC, LA, or Paris.

I looked up her bio, and apparently Ashley was a big thing or made somewhat of a name for herself while in school or just out of school.  So, she's thinking she's all that, and probably doesn't want anyone else stealing her thunder in Savannah.  Her outfit to that party just screamed try hard to me.

Maybe Hannah is a total bitch, but that's what I got from watching for the first time.

The rest - boring. 

• Love 3

Omg the voices on this show.  Happy's vocal fry. Catherine sounds like she's got a stuffy nose and a bad cold all the time. And the racist guy with the glasses and the over done southern accent.  My ears bleed listening to these voices.!

I'm starting to like Hannah. Her boyfriend, Mr. Sock king, sucks, though. Is he really just 28?  I would have thought 35. 

There is only one word that sums up these people. NERDS. All of them. So un-cool but trying so damn hard to be the toast of Savannah.  It ain't working. 

• Love 11

Why did Ashley bother to wear a top?  Her bobs were pretty much falling out of it.

And Catherine speaking last week of pressure from being one of those old southern families...then they show her parents extremely middle class house.  

All of people are poseurs.   

• Love 3

It's still not clear to me wtf Ashley wanted. She didn't think Hannah should try anything in fashion because Ashley is the only person in Savannah allowed to do that? Baloney. 

Ashley said previously that she's a stylist, yet now she's changing her tune to say she's a designer...weird.

• Love 6

That whole Ashley/Hannah argument over Hannah's "fashions" HAD to be producer motivated.  Even if Ashley only has a tiny bit of a connection to the fashion industry, being threatened by Hannah's drawings is like John Singer Sargent's portrait business being threatened by a five year old's stick figure drawings.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Michichick said:

Ashley said previously that she's a stylist, yet now she's changing her tune to say she's a designer...weird.

She also heavily implied or outright said that she designed the ugly ass outfit that Kate Middleton was wearing when Prince William noticed her which is a lie.

I love these peoples random day jobs: Lyle sells salon equipment, Hannah works for a trucking company and Ashley works as a baggage handler for Delta. Daniel runs a law firm even though he doesn't appear to have graduated from college and Louis is a sock designer. Nelson and Catherine's drunkenly living off their parents is what I want from these shows  (well without the racism and transphobia).

• Love 6

Yes Ashley lied and said episode 1 she designed the outfit Kate wore in a fashion show where William first noticed her and laughed so she must be responsible for their relationship. Many US/People readers, royals fan or google search knows it was a fellow student and native Brit who designed that skimpy outfit. I don't know why she'd lie about something so obviously disproved. 

• Love 2

Ashley reminds me of Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink, especially with that outfit last night. I'm surprised she doesn't drive a karmann ghia.   Ashley has a huge chip on her shoulder and she has trouble hiding her insecurities which is why I think she's always on the attack and is always taking her damn clothes off.  It must be tiring to care so much about what other people think of you.

Did anyone else see the perfect couple between Catherine with a C and Thomas Ravanel when they met up during the storm. I don't mean a love connection but she would be his perfect southern wife. She prides herself on being the perfect southern woman who drinks all day and throws lovely parties and Thomas needs a woman like Catherine who understands how to cover up her husbands mess-ups, keep a facade of a perfect marriage to the public with a smile and can drink like a fish just like Thomas. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Michichick said:

It's still not clear to me wtf Ashley wanted. She didn't think Hannah should try anything in fashion because Ashley is the only person in Savannah allowed to do that? Baloney. 

Ashley will say what ever suits her. She's got a chip on her shoulder when it comes to other women, especially toward Hannah. I didn't buy her concern over Happy at the dinner last episode. Interesting how she rapid fire talks over others and ducks out when she's losing an argument. 

The woman is ridiculous. Much more so than the other Monkees in this Georgia circus.

3 hours ago, citychic said:

Ashley reminds me of Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink, especially with that outfit last night. I'm surprised she doesn't drive a karmann ghia.   Ashley has a huge chip on her shoulder and she has trouble hiding her insecurities which is why I think she's always on the attack and is always taking her damn clothes off.  It must be tiring to care so much about what other people think of you.

Did anyone else see the perfect couple between Catherine with a C and Thomas Ravanel when they met up during the storm. I don't mean a love connection but she would be his perfect southern wife. She prides herself on being the perfect southern woman who drinks all day and throws lovely parties and Thomas needs a woman like Catherine who understands how to cover up her husbands mess-ups, keep a facade of a perfect marriage to the public with a smile and can drink like a fish just like Thomas. 

And she can play bridge!

• Love 4
On 6/13/2017 at 3:08 PM, Jack Terrier said:

I will continue to watch because why not? But, I've got nothing to say....what else is on Mondays at 9 central.  It passes the time.

I agree.  I do like the crossover with regular Southern Charm.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's currently one of the most godawful reality shows on TV, therefore my brother and I have gradually grown to enjoy hate-watching it and ripping it apart to each other on the phone the next day. Our favorite targets are Balding Lyle((aka Q-Ball)) and Drunk Catherine, although Plastic Ashley and Gay Nelson are often mentioned as well. We can't wait to see Hairy Daniel awkwardly hitting on chicks again and Bitchy Hannah whining to Sock King about why she's not the next Carolina Herrera with her amazing dress sketches. Don't forget UnHappy and her fiancée The Quiet One.

Edited by Sun-Bun
Forgot *exact* terminology behind several of our cast member nicknames.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

This is the most stupid show ever.  And I watched Flav-of-Love and Rock-of-Love.  I'm really unimpressed with these people and their grammatical skills. "Hell Damn No" and "Leave Nelson the...God damn... alone".  Really?  What's wrong with just saying 'fuck off'?

Let me tell this thirsty bitch, 'WE in the south, can curse like a lady and make it sound artful'.  I happened to learn this skill from my aunt in Montana.  So... ? Chickadee, you can't do it and need to take your smeary red lips and shiny forehead, elsewhere.   She's gross.  And Nelson is a disgusting liar.  And we generally keep our clothes on and don't swim in swamps.  Unless you want to steal a gator baby.  Then, good luck.  Your ass would be dinner for the momma.  

That's all I've got for today's viewing.  I'm vacuuming up dog hair that equals about the size of three puppies today.  I have this  shitshow on my bedroom tv while some some stupid stoner movie is on in the living room.  The movie is better. 

ETA:  I don't even like the theme song for this show! It's annoying.  Not like the catchy original show's theme.  At all.  I groove to that one.  :)

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 4

Tin foil is so trailer park.  Or is it reusing it? 

Thank god next week is the finale.  I'm going to make it through.  I half watched tonight's episode.

This cast has nothing to offer.  Nothing in their lives that is interesting and their personalities are just a yawn.

• Love 4
On 6/22/2017 at 7:23 AM, Alison said:

It baffles me that Catherine, who appeared to be popular and well-liked by her male classmates in high school, settled on balding, upskirt photo-taking Lyle.

Don’t forget, most of what is known about these people’s lives is what they themselves are telling us, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m sure if you Google these people you can read stories, but I’m guessing these people aren’t as popular and high society as they’d like us to believe. As people have mentioned on the Charleston show, real high society probably doesn’t want to go on reality TV. For all the money and notoriety these people supposedly have, they seem to have pretty well adjusted, upper middle class parents and families. And the cast themselves seem to all live in pretty run down apartments. My guess is the cast is kind of the “runts of the liters” of whatever family name they come from. 

• Love 1