Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: The Glove That Rocks the Cradle

Find out Lucas' shocking secret about A -- not AD, or Uber A or EmojiA ?  Or any of the other stupid names they have given A over the years ?  Man, I wish they would stick with some consistent naming in this show.

1 hour ago, SadieT said:

2nd sneak peek. Emily sure doesn't waste any time. 

Emily's gone from broke to finished with school via one test to being able to purchase large amounts of baby stuff. She never wastes time, but she might be wasting money.

No idea why Uber A is going to waste Aria's time with wrecking all that baby stuff. Is A mad the abortion didn't happen? Why is A so invested in this instead of that goal of finding Charlotte's killer? Maybe this A hates babies?

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

Emily's gone from broke to finished with school via one test to being able to purchase large amounts of baby stuff. She never wastes time, but she might be wasting money.

No idea why Uber A is going to waste Aria's time with wrecking all that baby stuff. Is A mad the abortion didn't happen? Why is A so invested in this instead of that goal of finding Charlotte's killer? Maybe this A hates babies?

Well Emily does say she found the stuff in the attic and that it's Ali's baby stuff her mom kept and stored away, so she didn't buy it all. Not that it would matter because money seems to be of no issue on this show even though both Emily and Ali are supposed to be broke yet we occasionally see Emily wearing like $200 pajamas. But anyway, it being Ali's baby things just makes it sadder and more messed up that Dark Aria is going to destroy it at A.D.'s request because it's not stuff from a store that can be replaced. Although there's episode stills of Spencer helping Emily put together the crib, so maybe Emily bought that. Unless Jessica stored Ali's crib in pieces. 

I think AD is just trying to mess with Alison, Emily, and Aria. AD created this baby so I would assume they want it to be born and that's why they revealed it was Emily's eggs right before Ali was about to have an abortion and made her register for baby gifts so she'd feel guilty and reconsider. 

Edited by SadieT

Spencer can never have nice things.  At least Emily gets the girl and a baby.

i like Caleb but I also like Lucus.  Can Ganna keep them both?

Seriously Aria you had one job.  You can't even be a minion for AD well.  Although I wanted Emily to catch her really really badly.

Never a big fan of the pairing but j really liked Emily and Ally scenes.

• Love 1

I'm shocked that Lucas was just a red herring, said no one ever.  What a tweeeest!  Also, dude lost all his money because of his unrequited feelings towards Hanna.  Man, she's just not that into you.  Hopefully this wraps up the Lucas plot, for lack of a better term, and we won't see him again.

I enjoyed Spencer's phone call with Marco, basically calling out his conflict of interest.  Not that it would mean anything for the Rosewood PD.  "You're fucking one of the suspects in a murder investigation that you're leading?  So?  That's standard operating procedure.  In fact, I think I read in our policies manual that it's mandatory". 

Why would it take the police so long to get those paper receipts if they were readily accessible by Hanna and Caleb?  With the probable cause they had (Wrollins' card was used  there that night) a judge would give them a subpoena right away.  Doesn't matter in the end -- Hanna couldn't find it in the correct box, so therefore AD already stole it.

Aria can die in a fire.  Sure, she felt remorse about trashing the baby room, but she'll still do whatever AD says just to protect Ezra.  

I thought Jillian was going to trot out Nichole at that book event.

• Love 4

Man, Ezzzzzria was back in full-force this episode. I can barely stay away during all of their scenes. Can Caleb dump water on all the copies of their book, too, so we can be done with this boring storyline?

Emison continues to disgust me. Emily straight-up asks Ali why she basically led her on for so long, and Ali's answer is that she doesn't know?! Are they ever going to acknowledge the pain that Ali put Emily through for so many years? Why does this whole relationship depend on what Ali wants, how Ali feels? Ugh I hate them.

I'm also 100% sure that Ali faked that fall in the school. No one saw her get pushed, we didn't see a shadow or hear footsteps running away or anything. And if Mona was the person Emily heard down at the other end of the hall, no one else was there. A.D. sure wasn't - that whole plan was to distract the girls so Aria could sneak into the nursery.

As much as I enjoyed Spencer and Marco, it's so great to see a cop in this town who's actually competent and not totally corrupt. I feel so bad for him - looking at it from his perspective, I'm sure he thinks that she was faking her attraction to him the whole time just in case something like this happened and she could take advantage of her relationship with him to get her out of trouble. And her going and begging him to do just that certainly doesn't help.

Mona was this episode's MVP once again. I cheered during her blow-up with Hanna. All she wants is to be part of this group and they treat her so badly. She's been so criminally underused this season that it's disgraceful - I'm hoping that now that her true feelings are out in the open, she'll play a bigger role in these next four episodes.

Hanna annoyed me in the beginning of the episode, but it was nice to finally hear her acknowledge how badly she and Caleb hurt Spencer. Now it would be better if they'd say it to her instead of each other, but at least it's a start.

• Love 9
(edited)

Spencer was pretty badass this episode and I'm here for it. Doesn't Marco know Spencer's been tortured, blackmailed and threatened for basically her whole life, it's going to take a little more that a stern phone call to scare her. 

Hanna needs to stop shrieking all the damn time. I feel like all she does is roll her eyes and yell about how THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME NOW!!! like it's literally been happening to you for years, stop shouting.

Lucas makes a lame red herring. No one was buying it and no one cares. 

I thought the last Emison scene and their kiss was sweet but the baby thing is still so cringey and gross to me and they didn't need to have this baby to be together. I did like when Ali said she feels like Emily is testing her and she knows she's failing because that is what it seems like Emily is doing with the baby, but for some reason, they're still going to have it. 

I love Mona so part of me is happy to see her stand up for herself and demand some trust and respect but also she was A once upon a time. Like she did stalk and torment them all for a while, and hit Hanna with a car, and try to throw Spencer off a cliff that one time, and then framed Ali for murder, like those are all real things that happened so I can see why Hanna is worried the others might not trust her. 

Never have I wished for someone to get clobbered over the head with a candle stick more than I have watching Emily creep after Dark Aria. 

I'd like to think Aria was crying because she felt immensely guilty about terrorizing her friends and destroying their childhood memories and scaring the crap out of a pregnant woman and upsetting Emily so much, but who are we kidding, her selfish Ezra obsessed ass was probably just really upset about that cut on her arm and worried that it might leave a scar and ruin her wedding photos with Ezra. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, SadieT said:

I thought the last Emison scene and their kiss was sweet but the baby thing is still so cringey and gross to me and they didn't need to have this baby to be together.

As soon as Ali got knocked down I thought "conveniently timed miscarriage" would be the next cliche out of the  writers' room, so I'm glad they skipped it, at least for now.

11 minutes ago, SadieT said:

'd like to think Aria was crying because she felt immensely guilty about terrorizing her friends and destroying their childhood memories and scaring the crap out of a pregnant woman and upsetting Emily so much, but who are we kidding, her selfish Ezra obsesses ass was probably just really upset about that cut on her arm and worried that it might leave a scar and ruin her wedding photos with Ezra. 

That and "oh, I missed Ezra's big book thingy and now he's gonna be mad at me!"  I hope the cut on her arm gets infected and swells to the size of her waist. 

• Love 3

I liked Lucas making the Liars feel guilt over how they let Ali just bully some of these people. Also Mona should've told Hanna "How come it's ok for Ali to be in the fold but not me?" Ali tortured the Liars as well. Just because Ali got kidnapped doesn't mean she's redeemed because news flash Liars Mona was was kidnapped as well.

Other things I liked was seeing Spencer try and fail to manipulate Marco so her next tactic is to gaslit their relationship. It's to bad thats how it had to end because I think Marco is by far Spencer's best chemistry since Alex. Never saw it for her and Caleb because I've hated Caleb since his first appearance. Just waited for him to fuck up which he did with Spencer and Hanna. Mean while I hope Spencer can be the one Liar who ends up single because theirs no way Trollene can think she can get Spoby back together right?

As far as EZZZZZZZZZRIA, I think my favorite thing is that promo where AD threatened to spill the beans that Aria too once thought Ezria was a predator/pedophile. Dude knew how old she was when he met her at this point hes a predator

• Love 1

Also Mona should've told Hanna "How come it's ok for Ali to be in the fold but not me?"

That drives me crazy. Alison was horrible to her so-called friends, and has never owned up to it or apologized. She drove Hanna to an eating disorder, constantly taunted Emily's sexuality, tried to blame Spencer for the Jenna Thing, etc. etc. etc. I will forever hate the fact that Ali is considered their friend now and is totally in their elite little group, regardless of Mona or anyone else. She doesn't deserve their friendship and I hate that she's present for all of the "Liar bonding" moments now.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, SadieT said:

Spencer was pretty badass this episode and I'm here for it. Doesn't Marco know Spencer's been tortured, blackmailed and threatened for basically her whole life, it's going to take a little more that a stern phone call to scare her. 

Hanna needs to stop shrieking all the damn time. I feel like all she does is roll her eyes and yell about how THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME NOW!!! like it's literally been happening to you for years, stop shouting.

Lucas makes a lame red herring. No one was buying it and no one cares. 

I thought the last Emison scene and their kiss was sweet but the baby thing is still so cringey and gross to me and they didn't need to have this baby to be together. I did like when Ali said she feels like Emily is testing her and she knows she's failing because that is what it seems like Emily is doing with the baby, but for some reason, they're still going to have it. 

I love Mona so part of me is happy to see her stand up for herself and demand some trust and respect but also she was A once upon a time. Like she did stalk and torment them all for a while, and hit Hanna with a car, and try to throw Spencer off a cliff that one time, and then framed Ali for murder, like those are all real things that happened so I can see why Hanna is worried the others might not trust her. 

Never have I wished for someone to get clobbered over the head with a candle stick more than I have watching Emily creep after Dark Aria. 

I'd like to think Aria was crying because she felt immensely guilty about terrorizing her friends and destroying their childhood memories and scaring the crap out of a pregnant woman and upsetting Emily so much, but who are we kidding, her selfish Ezra obsesses ass was probably just really upset about that cut on her arm and worried that it might leave a scar and ruin her wedding photos with Ezra. 

Spencer is the antagonist here and I'm pretty disgusted by her behavior. They've also written themselves into a corner with Marco vs. Spencer, so I'm sure he'll vanish or something and it'll become a dropped plotline just so Spencer walks free.

If it was Hanna's turn why did every bad thing happen to Lucas? I'm so unsatisfied with every scene of theirs ending in "I believe in you so much, Hanna" and then Hanna does nothing to prove she's worthy of that sentiment from him.

Emily demanding Alison take the baby seriously, and then Alison shoving a vitamin in her mouth was the only Emily/Alison scene in the hour that wasn't a snore. Alison literally needs to be coached on how to act like an adult. The show treating Lorenzo/Rollins like stepping stones to Alison realizing she's in love with a girl is so absurd and distasteful.

Ezra vouching for Aria at the press event was supposed to be his "redemption moment" for daring to pay attention to a victim that wasn't Aria before. I hope Jillian just fires them both and the book is chucked in a trash can. Maybe Nicole can go make out with Ezra's more successful brother.

Aria wasn't even doing anything that would warrant a cut that big on her arm, what a flop. Next week Uber A apparently brings up that incident where Aria almost turned Ezra in during Season 4. Apparently Uber A's taunting it like if Ezra found that out, he'd break up with her. Ok, let's just ignore that Ezra was doing a lot of twisted predator things and got off lucky, and if he blamed Aria for what she almost did he'd look like a bigger ass.

• Love 1

I can't express properly into words how disturbed I am about this entire Emison storyline. But it is kind of interesting to think about how they had to get Emison together for the end. It couldn't be just about Ali discovering her feelings naturally, but through a forced baby, because that was apparently the only way to get them together. I guess the show realizes that they offered zero set up and zero reason for viewers to believe that these two would stay together, so they thought a baby was the right idea. If there was no baby, then Paige and Emily would probably be endgame. But yeah, Emily seems more excited for the baby than for Ali and her becoming a family. Also, Emily's way more excited than Ali is for this baby. Like, calm down, Emily. While you're already planning out this kid's next eighteen years, Ali is still dealing with the fact that she was impregnated against her will and forced to have someone else's baby. It doesn't even seem like she wants to be a mother. She's only doing it for Emily, for whatever reason. 

Also, it's four episodes until the finale so they gotta insert romantic baby room scene somewhere. Though, Emily, Ali's only a couple of months along, at most. You have over six months until the baby's born. Maybe give it a little more time to process the situation instead of diving all in for Baby Mania. 

I think Paige escaped at the right time. Especially with Shady Ali "conveniently" being pushed into the stairs, even though there's proof that AD wasn't behind it (why would she want Aria to be caught this early?) and Mona was at the other end of the hallway when it happened. Man, I hate Emison. I wonder if she has been faking her pregnancy now, and that her next appointment will conveniently show no heartbeat due to the "fall". Or she miscarried already, if she really was pregnant. I'm just thinking that the random "Ali falls" subplot wasn't put there JUST to get Emison back to the house to catch Aria. They could have used any excuse, and they went with Ali "being pushed" and not being able to name her attacker. 

Also, Hanna is a whining idiot. All she does is whine and whine, and it's now pissing me right off. Her initial reaction toward Spencer was way out of line. I'm glad Emily called her out on her hypocrisy. At least, when she found out the reason, she decided to help Spencer at whatever cost. But still, it feels like she's only doing it for herself and for Caleb, to alleviate the guilt with Hanna getting back together with Caleb and breaking Spencer's heart, not so much for Spencer herself. Hanna seems to just be helping out because SHE will be found guilty if Spencer gets caught. So yeah, that's basically my feelings toward Hanna.

ALTHOUGH, I will admit, Hanna's outside friends with Lucas and Mona does help a lot with my enjoyment for her. Nobody else really has friends outside of the group (love interests do not count). So having Lucas and Mona as Hanna's friends is actually pleasant to see. Poor Lucas will always be the red herring, though. It was great to see Hanna loyal to Lucas and not doubting him. It's a nice change from the Liars all doubting each other every other episode; they never seem to really trust one another, which just docks another point against their friendship being long-term.

It was nice to see Mona calling Hanna and her friends out on Mona still being an outsider. Sure, Mona did some pretty bad things to them in the first two seasons, but so has Ali, and she's more of a Liar than Mona is. Mona deserves to be part of their group way more than Ali. But that does worry me about Mona's fate for the finale. 

I'm not pleased with Spencer. Sure, she was good in her scene with Marco on the phone, but Spencer is not the innocent one here, not how the show is trying to present her as. Just because she's a main character, it doesn't mean she's being wronged by Marco. She covered up a crime. She stole a drive from Marco. She's now blackmailing him, even though they were involved before she ever became a suspect. She really should be arrested, along with Hanna, but because they're the main characters, Marco will either be guilty of something, or he'll get killed by AD/Mary Drake to protect Spencer. Which is a shame, because I like Marco and loved Marco/Spencer. 

Yeah, I didn't care one bit about Aria's guilt or whatever. Isn't she supposed to be the best liar of the group? Quite literally, I remember in the early seasons, they named Aria as the best person to be able to lie. And now she can't seem to hold a conversation without getting shifty eyes, or she starts bawling on her couch? Girl, pull it together! It's just a damn baby room that Emily was stupid enough to start early, before there's real confirmation that the baby will actually survive through AD's games. 

34 minutes ago, SadieT said:

True, but Mona has also proven herself to be more of an ally to the Liars at this point. She has done shady things, and she's done terrible things, but she's also made up for many of those awful things and she has been more helpful than Ali has been. I think she, at least, deserves some respect and some acknowledgement that she has tremendously helped them all out. They all trust Ali, but they can't seem to trust Mona. All because, I guess, Ali has "been through enough" or something? Ali gets the redemption story, so she's part of the Liars. Mona doesn't get that, so she's just that outsider. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, marinaalexis said:

That drives me crazy. Alison was horrible to her so-called friends, and has never owned up to it or apologized. She drove Hanna to an eating disorder, constantly taunted Emily's sexuality, tried to blame Spencer for the Jenna Thing, etc. etc. etc. I will forever hate the fact that Ali is considered their friend now and is totally in their elite little group, regardless of Mona or anyone else. She doesn't deserve their friendship and I hate that she's present for all of the "Liar bonding" moments now.

They are so inconsistent with applying when the Liars don't trust Mona. One second she's part of the core operation, the next she's out after not doing anything wrong just because the writers want to squeeze tension out of that again.

If the Liars stood their ground and never let Alison get close to them again, I could understand them doing the same to Mona. But Alison being treated like a 5th Liar when Mona's right there with better acting and not being useless, drives me insane. What a horrible decision in the writer's room to make Alison a prominent protagonist. At most she should've become a recurring figure.

• Love 7
(edited)

I do think that the fall in the school will lead to a miscarriage in next week's episode. There's no way this baby is happening. I don't buy that AD couldn't have been at the school...I don't think that AD would have cared if the girls caught Aria or not. 

And...the whole lack of Wren/mention of the airport meeting makes it truly seem like the Twincer theory is happening.

Did anyone catch the glance between Lucas and Aria after the Liars accused him of trashing the nursery? It seemed like a very knowing look. Most likely just misdirection since apparently his only faux-pas were chatting with Cece for years without knowing he was actually emailing Cece.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, marinaalexis said:

This comparison is a bit flawed because Mona was never the liars' friend. She was Hanna's friend and only Hanna's friend and Hanna did forgive her, much easier than she forgive Ali actually. Alison however was "friends" with all of them at one point so girls choosing to forgive Ali after everything they've been through with her can't really be compared to them not being super welcoming to Mona because there's no basis to Mona's relationship with the girls, other than her being original A. For all the terrible things Alison did to them when they were younger and everything the girls blamed her for, they did still care about each other and were actual friends. And I actually think they have forgiven Mona to a degree and trust her more than I probably would in their situation but why would they start being her friend all of a sudden? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I do think that the fall in the school will lead to a miscarriage in next week's episode. There's no way this baby is happening. 

And...the whole lack of Wren/mention of the airport meeting makes it truly seem like the Twincer theory is happening.

Wish I could believe that, but the baby is the only thing tying Emison's ending together. Paige was written as giving her blessing.

I just realized Wren wasn't in this episode, I thought he was supposed to be because of wiki info. Seems likely we'll only get all the exposition dump about him in the series finale. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

True, but Mona has also proven herself to be more of an ally to the Liars at this point. She has done shady things, and she's done terrible things, but she's also made up for many of those awful things and she has been more helpful than Ali has been. I think she, at least, deserves some respect and some acknowledgement that she has tremendously helped them all out. They all trust Ali, but they can't seem to trust Mona. All because, I guess, Ali has "been through enough" or something? Ali gets the redemption story, so she's part of the Liars. Mona doesn't get that, so she's just that outsider. 

Oh sure, Mona absolutely deserves their respect at this point and if I were them I would totally bring her into the game and see if she could help because while she'll always be a little bit shady, she's a valuable asset, but it's not like they need to start hanging out with her or inviting her to coffee and trusting her with non-game related things, because they were never friends. I mean, would I personally love to see that? Absolutely because Mona's a great character and a lot of fun to watch. But she was never part of the core friend group that this show is about. I know some people don't care for Alison and will say she doesn't deserve to be either but she's literally the one who brought them all together as friends. When she disappeared, they drifted apart till her body was found. Then they all drifted apart again during college till Alison (rather selfishly) called them all back to Rosewood.

• Love 2

I can't stand this Emison love affair and how forced it is and always was. Emily just looks like a blind fool always making excuses when Alison was horrible and they're trying to pretend they were a great love story. 

Aria's really bad at being stealth. Crashing into things all over the room. She's just sloppy.

I like that Marco isn't shady or stupid. He's actually a cop that's trying to solve the case. He seems like actually a great guy that Spencer is losing out on because of this game with AD.

I don't see why it's on Hannah and she should be taking all the blame for Spencer being hurt over Caleb. Spencer made the choice to date someone she knew and watched be in love with/live with her best friend for years. 

• Love 7

This is seriously how they're ending the show?!?! I mean.. half of the time I'm bored to tears and the other half I'm thinking "I can't actually believe they're doing this".

I mean.. I'm activity wishing find farewells to the characters who are leaving. Paige I didn't really care for one way or the other, except for she was better than Ali but when she peaced out last week I was like "goodbye Paige! I'm glad you're getting out, even if it means Emison is for sure happening at this point. You deserve better". I wanted the same for Toby a couple weeks back, but then Yovunne died and I know the clock has started to tick on Spoby being back together.

And Emison sucks. But whatever. None of these people are getting a decent relationship out of this show.

And I hate this show again for making Caleb and Spencer a thing and ruining  good characters just because they could. Because now hanna has to take all the heat for it? Hey remember how Hanna got kidnapped and then clearly had PTSD and probably is why she ran down Archer because he was responsible or part of it? And then Spencer was a bitch to her for a handful of episodes that season? Whatever.

How many episodes till this thing ends? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

Oh sure, Mona absolutely deserves their respect at this point and if I were them I would totally bring her into the game and see if she could help because while she'll always be a little bit shady, she's a valuable asset, but it's not like they need to start hanging out with her or inviting her to coffee and trusting her with non-game related things, because they were never friends. I mean, would I personally love to see that? Absolutely because Mona's a great character and a lot of fun to watch. But she was never part of the core friend group that this show is about. I know some people don't care for Alison and will say she doesn't deserve to be either but she's literally the one who brought them all together as friends. When she disappeared, they drifted apart till her body was found. Then they all drifted apart again during college till Alison (rather selfishly) called them all back to Rosewood.

True true while I don't think Ali should be a 5th liar she's certainly more of a liar than Mona and that's not being negative towards Mona. Mona literally only likes and cares about Hanna. And mona not being jn every single episode is what makes her great because the writers can't ruin her like they do everyone else 

And I always personally thought it was a bit hypocritical to bring up Alison being a terrible teenager and how she doesn't deserve her friends when Mona was A and wasn't all that great to the girls either. They both have done things to help the girls now they have apologized I mean the way people talk about Ali as if she's some evil mastermind who's secretly a and treats everyone terrible makes me think we're watching different shows. The girls has been a shell of her former self for like three seasons now you just hate the girl that's it. Either because she was a 14 year old bitch or because of Paily why bring up shit she did in season 1 that has nothing to do with her character now?

As a former emison fan.....meh. I'm mad everything was so rush don't get me wrong I loved the confession scene but I wish they built up this relationship more. They had so many seasons to do so. What was the point of Paige? Why this stupid offensive baby storyline? I will say they seem more comfortable with each other but man this is the best they can do?

The writers suck.

• Love 2
(edited)

That was not a good episode.   Oh nooeeeeesss ! Aria has the sads !!!

3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Aria can die in a fire.  Sure, she felt remorse about trashing the baby room, but she'll still do whatever AD says just to protect Ezra.  

Pretty much.

And Aria's response to Ezra was priceless -- here's Ezra proposing that they take dancing lessons so they could show off at their wedding, but Aria begs off because of her busy schedule.  Busy doing what exactly ?  Because it ain't book tours.

The whole game nonsense is petering out quickly -- I predict it will be barely mentioned in the finale.  How come Hanna completed her task but there was no mention of the PUZZLE PIECE !!  Because the writers have already forgotten about it.

3 minutes ago, beetlesoda said:

The writers suck.

I second that.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

I'm also 100% sure that Ali faked that fall in the school. No one saw her get pushed, we didn't see a shadow or hear footsteps running away or anything. And if Mona was the person Emily heard down at the other end of the hall, no one else was there. A.D. sure wasn't - that whole plan was to distract the girls so Aria could sneak into the nursery.

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. If it turns out that Ali was still A all this time I don't know what I'm going to do.

36 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This is seriously how they're ending the show?!?! I mean.. half of the time I'm bored to tears and the other half I'm thinking "I can't actually believe they're doing this".

That pretty much sums it up. I don't even know what's going on anymore, & I don't see how they're going to wrap this all up in 4 episodes.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, beetlesoda said:

True true while I don't think Ali should be a 5th liar she's certainly more of a liar than Mona and that's not being negative towards Mona. Mona literally only likes and cares about Hanna. And mona not being jn every single episode is what makes her great because the writers can't ruin her like they do everyone else 

And I always personally thought it was a bit hypocritical to bring up Alison being a terrible teenager and how she doesn't deserve her friends when Mona was A and wasn't all that great to the girls either. They both have done things to help the girls now they have apologized I mean the way people talk about Ali as if she's some evil mastermind who's secretly a and treats everyone terrible makes me think we're watching different shows. The girls has been a shell of her former self for like three seasons now you just hate the girl that's it. Either because she was a 14 year old bitch or because of Paily why bring up shit she did in season 1 that has nothing to do with her character now?

As a former emison fan.....meh. I'm mad everything was so rush don't get me wrong I loved the confession scene but I wish they built up this relationship more. They had so many seasons to do so. What was the point of Paige? Why this stupid offensive baby storyline? I will say they seem more comfortable with each other but man this is the best they can do?

The writers suck.

Yeah, I think the obsession with the terrible shit Alison did when she was literally 14 years old is a bit odd at this point. All the liars have done bad things, so have all the romantic partners, side characters, family members, the cops, Mona, Pastor Ted, Tippi the bird probably, and just about everyone on this damn show because 7 seasons is a long time. Mona made Hanna's and her friends' lives hell for a year and then hit her with a car, and Hanna forgave her. Toby was literally on the A team and drove Spencer to a nervous breakdown by faking his own death, and Ezra was a lying stalking pedophile who preyed on Aria sexually to gather info for his true crime novel, yet they were forgiven and their crimes long forgotten, both by the characters and the general audience, but for whatever reason people are still stuck on Alison being a teenage bully, which was of course horrible, but this a show where people regularly murder other people and half the male population has a penchant for statutory rape, so why are we so caught up on the mean things Ali said when she was a child? 

What Aria did to Ali and Emily this episode, and what she's doing to all her friends throughout the course of this Dark Aria run, is probably one of the worst things anyone on this show has ever done and yet, I'm almost certain the liars will completely forgive her by season's end and likely only be mad for maybe 6 seconds. So I don't see a problem with the girls forgiving Alison and welcoming her back into the group after she apologized and showed them she changed, especially since she's basically the only character who's ever really been "punished" for her past mistakes, at least in terms of karma. I mean her friends have falsely accused her of murder twice now, both times leading to some pretty dire consequences like being convicted of murder and imprisoned, and then being strapped down to a bed and forcibly impregnated by a vindictive psycho who was led to believe she was responsible for Charlotte's murder, so if they can all forgive each other and still be friends then props to them and maybe it's time to move on because it's been almost 10 years since Alison was the high school mean girl. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

Yeah, I think the obsession with the terrible shit Alison did when she was literally 14 years old is a bit odd at this point. All the liars have done bad things, so have all the romantic partners, side characters, family members, the cops, Mona, Pastor Ted, Tippi the bird probably, and just about everyone on this damn show because 7 seasons is a long time. Mona made Hanna's and her friends' lives hell for a year and then hit her with a car, and Hanna forgave her. Toby was literally on the A team and drove Spencer to a nervous breakdown by faking his own death, and Ezra was a lying stalking pedophile who preyed on Aria sexually to gather info for his true crime novel, yet they were forgiven and their crimes long forgotten, both by the characters and the general audience, but for whatever reason people are still stuck on Alison being a teenage bully, which was of course horrible, but this a show where people regularly murder other people and half the male population has a penchant for statutory rape, so why are we so caught up on the mean things Ali said when she was a child? 

What Aria did to Ali and Emily this episode, and what she's doing to all her friends throughout the course of this Dark Aria run, is probably one of the worst things anyone on this show has ever done and yet, I'm almost certain the liars will completely forgive her by season's end and likely only be mad for maybe 6 seconds. So I don't see a problem with the girls forgiving Alison and welcoming her back into the group after she apologized and showed them she changed, especially since she's basically the only character who's ever really been "punished" for her past mistakes, at least in terms of karma. I mean her friends have falsely accused her of murder twice now, both times leading to some pretty dire consequences like being convicted of murder and imprisoned, and then being strapped down to a bed and forcibly impregnated by a vindictive psycho who was led to believe she was responsible for Charlotte's murder, so if they can all forgive each other and still be friends then props to them and maybe it's time to move on because it's been almost 10 years since Alison was the high school mean girl. 

Don't what Aria did was worse still what Ezra done is pretty high up their I still think burying a body seems worse than what Ezra did 

i still think all all this stuff Ezra would rather Aria throw him under the bus than do these dark things

still find it funny that people our still trying to justify what the girls did as self defense the self defense thing when out a long time ago 

Edited by Froippi
(edited)

Aria, having been in the same torturous plot to ruin her and her friends, decides to join in on the torture to save Ezra... from? If no one cared that he was banging his underage student before no one will care now. She is literally choosing a guy over her friends so much for besties before testes. She is THE WORST. 

Actually, they are all pretty terrible. I walked away from this feeling really bad for Lucas and Mona. (Did I really hear him say he lost all of his money?) I'm not surprised since we rarely see her (Hanna) work on anything.

Speaking of work, what do they do all day? Why are they still in Rosewood? Where are the parents? Spencer gets questioned and Olivia Benson is absent, the show apparently forgot that Aria has a whole family, etc...

Only four more episodes! Maybe the twist is that we were all hypnotized to continue watching this after it became pretty clear that the writers don't care and don't know what they are doing.

Edited by kissedbyarose
  • Love 5
(edited)

So Spencer has lost her mind, right?  I don't think I've ever screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOOOIIINNGGG?" more than I have during her scenes in Marco's apartment, and later on the phone. "Didn't he deserve to die the way that he lived? Can you let this one murder go?"  GIRL. She has NEVER been that sloppy. 

Speaking of sloppy, Aria is truly useless.  She had the easiest A job ever in destroying the nursery and she still managed to get cut, almost get clobbered by EMILY of all people, and drop an earring.  I was sure that Spencer or Lucas would call her out. 

"Remember the time Lucas destroyed Ali's memorial?"  Remember the time Ali was standing next to you, not dead and probably but maybe not carrying your child?

Poor Lucas.  I was kind of hoping that AD would put him out of his misery tonight.  This entire thing is a comic book (graphic novel!) written by him and he's lost all his money because of vapid Hanna.  Nice guys truly finish last. 

So are we correct to assume that Aria isn't afraid of Ezra getting into trouble but she's afraid of Ezra finding out that she called him a disgusting pedophile (or something of that nature) when she was going to report him? Really?  Is that really what we are risking everything for?

Edit: Someone needs to count how many times Spencer said "I'm the same person" in her conversation with Marco.  Are you REALLY the same person, Sloppy Airport Not Spencer?

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 5

Did Emily lose most of her brain cells tonight? Alison trips so Emily completely abandons their plan to find out who AD is. When Alison points out that Emily needs to chase after AD, Emily says, "They're long gone by now." Uh, this JUST happened like two seconds ago so no, they're not long gone. They're probably not even all the way to the parking lot yet. But yeah, go ahead and give up completely on catching the person who's forcing you all to play this stupid game. I don't mean to sound heartless but if Ali broke her ankle or miscarried, Emily wouldn't be able to unbreak her ankle or stop the miscarriage so she might as well try to catch whoever is currently tormenting them.

I'm all for preparing for the baby before it arrives, but Ali isn't even showing yet and Emily is sneaking into Ali's attic, completely unbeknownst to Ali, going through her childhood things, bringing them down to the house, and setting them up? Calm down there, Em.

The next day she shows up at Ali's house before school and says that since her mom is out of town, she found her old mobile and brought it over to Ali's. So I'm going to assume this means that Emily hasn't told her mom that Ali is carrying her baby due to the fact that she sold her eggs which were then stolen and then implanted into Ali against her will. Just something she might want to mention to Pam some time in the next six to eight months.

Watching Emily and Alison laugh about how Emily had to skulk around Ali's house because Aria was running around in a hoodie seemed so inappropriate.

I am not an Emily/Alison shipper but I would have been okay with their relationship if they could act like two adults. Instead, they're still acting like 13 year old kids, from Ali angrily taking her prenatal vitamins out of spite and Emily sneaking her old mobile out of her mom's house to their half-assed conversations. Ali saying, "I love you" doesn't erase all of their other current immature behavior or the shitty way that Alison manipulated Emily back in ye olden days before she disappeared. She knew Emily was in love with her and she taunted her and teased her. And even now she can't admit that she did that. She can't even answer a simple question honestly. Instead she tells Emily "I don't know." Solid basis for a long term coparenting/romantic relationship situation.

Was I supposed to feel sorry for Aria when she curled up on the couch to cry? Because I DID NOT. Poor Ezra MIGHT go to jail for lord knows what if she doesn't continue to spy on her friends for AD? Hope your man is worth it, Aria. I'd be okay with him going to jail for deliberately seeking out Aria in order to write his creepy Ali book. He knew she was a high school student. He knew she had lost her friend. And instead of thinking, hey, this teenager has been through a lot so maybe I should just leave her alone, he thought hey, I will fulfill my dream of becoming The Next Great American Novelist by tracking down a vulnerable teenager, pretending I don't know who she is (or how old she is), and milking her for information about Ali so I can write my book! Then I'm going to install cameras everywhere so I can spy on her and her friends and stalk them 24/7 in my Sliver-esque control room/lair.

How exactly did Lucas lose ALL of his money by investing in Hanna's "company"? They hadn't produced a single garment, so they didn't spend any money on fabric, labor, marketing, etc. All Hanna had was a closet full of clothes she had already made before she partnered with Lucas and a sketchbook. It's not like they produced a whole line of clothing and no one was buying any of it.

I know I'm supposed to be on the PLL's side and I am because I don't want Hanna going to jail for murdering Wrollins, but it's also hard for me to be mad at Marco for being one of the only law enforcement officers in or near Rosewood who wants to actually investigate a crime.

I have mixed feelings about Mona wanting to be part of the group. Of the four original PLLs, they have all made mistakes, yes, but none of them deliberately hurt each other. That's what makes Ali and Mona different. The other girls have inadvertently hurt each other but they weren't actively trying to murder each other or torture each other, which is more than Ali or Mona can say. I think that if the girls are okay with Ali being part of the group again, there can be a pretty strong argument for letting Mona in too. At least she has useful skills, unlike Ali whose once legendary powers of manipulation are now non-existent. They don't need to be BFFs and invite her to slumber parties where they braid each other's hair, but if they can trust Ali after everything she did to them then Mona should at least be brought in for Top Secret Missions.

One of the best moments in this episode was when Lucas said that most of this emails to Charles were about Mean Queen Ali and her band of followers and how Ali tormented him and the rest of them did nothing to stop her. Emily at least had the decency to look guilty and uncomfortable, but I was like man, none of you can even look him in the eye and apologize for letting Ali bully him.

Poor Lucas. He all but told Hanna to her face that he's still in love with her and her response was, "Kthxbye!"

When Aria said she couldn't fit any dance classes into her oh so busy schedule, I really wanted Ezra to ask her what the hell she's doing 8-12 hours a day since it's clearly not "doing work for the publishing company I used to work for." Maybe he thinks that planning a wedding is a full time job.

• Love 8
(edited)

Is that still Spencer? Are they all their own twins yet? Spencer is as unlikeable as the rest of them, but at least the actress (unlike everyone else on the show) has enough talent to play her with some nuance and pathos.

I don't understand what is going on with this Alison/ Emily thing. I find it an uncomfortable storyline and poorly handled (not that I was expecting anything else from this show). It all feels rushed and relies on gratuitous and tone-deaf circumstances written by brash and ignorant people. I don't understand why anyone gives Alison the time of day, other than through sympathy. I mean, all of the main characters are unpleasant, but Alison is unpleasant in the extreme.

I don't care about Ezra and his book. I certainly don't care about the strange manipulative, passive-aggressive, unhealthy relationship between Ezra and Aria. Neither do I like either of them.

How many times has Lucas been used as a red herring now? Five, Ten? It became tedious several seasons ago.

Why do we keep going back to these love triangles/ rectangles/ circles? Who cares? I mean, really, does anyone give a shit about any of this? Or this stupid magical, indestructible board game? 

Mona, as always, was the only interesting part of the show and not in it enough.

A dropped earring... what is this? Murder She Wrote? Jesus!

Given the constant retcons, dropped plotlines, plotholes, red herrings and McGuffins, why are we even supposed to care about the central mystery anymore? Whoever is AD it won't make sense, it won't have a set-up and pay-off, it will just be another random brain-fart from the moronic creators of this show.

In conclusion, this show truly is an irreparable bag of shit.

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Poor Lucas.  I was kind of hoping that AD would put him out of his misery tonight.  This entire thing is a comic book (graphic novel!) written by him and he's lost all his money because of vapid Hanna.  Nice guys truly finish last. 

If he lost all his money investing in Hanna, he probably wasn't all that successful in the first place -- his apartment, which Hanna is still staying at for some reason, is probably a rental. And that also means that's definitely not AD -- because AD has inexhaustible funds.

1 minute ago, Chinspinner said:

Given the constant retcons, dropped plotlines, plotholes, red herrings and McGuffins, why are we even supposed to care about the central mystery anymore? Whoever is AD it won't make sense, it won't have a set-up and pay-off, it will just be another random brain-fart from the moronic creators of this show.

In conclusion, this show truly is an irreparable bag of shit.

It's probably going to turn out that Marco was AD all this time.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mjgchick said:

Are we even sure it's Spencer anymore? lmao

Yeah, I'm guessing there's a Twincer, but I'm still not sure if it's a separate entity or a multiple-personality or Real!Spencer.  I'm leaning towards the latter, since PLLs answer to most mysteries is "the villain is insane".

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One of the best moments in this episode was when Lucas said that most of this emails to Charles were about Mean Queen Ali and her band of followers and how Ali tormented him and the rest of them did nothing to stop her.

Retconning Charlotte's motive once again.  In 6.10, she said she wanted to torment the girls after Mona told her about their lack of remorse that Ali was "dead".  Now, she tortured them because they were passive when Ali bullied Lucas.  These motives are way thin.  Oh, right, I forgot:  "the villain is insane" plasters over all the holes.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if not all of the Liars survive by the end and I really hope it's Aria that bites the dust. Seriously, she knows all of the shit A has on her friends, and she chooses to join A in order to protect Ezra? Over what? After all this time she wants to jump ship? And we're not even talking about a young, impressionable teenage Aria, we're talking about a supposedly grown ass adult. What a little shit. And those idiots will forgive her I'm sure.

I don't understand how they're going to wrap all of this up in 4 episodes. I think this show values attempted shock value more than they do honest character building and storytelling. I've given up on any of this ever sounded the least bit realistic but when you have a weekly hour show and everything seems rushed and yet so slow to get to the climax, I can't think that it's not majorly due to bad writing.

Also, Aria's crying scene at the end....yikes, she should have used those crying sticks. That was some poor acting.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SadieT said:

I think, for me, it's because they're trying to treat Ali now as some different person without fully diving into the terrible things she did as a young teenager. Old Ali did terrible things, but she had spunk and she had a power behind her that made her unique. You never had to wonder why people loved her, even despite her terrible actions, because she had something that drew people to her. Now? Ali's boring and useless and all she does is stare sadly into the distance while not helping with A, or now AD. The talents that she had before that could have been used for good are completely gone. I can acknowledge my clear bias in preferring Ali to have any semblance of a personality, since Sasha does so, so well with the meatier scenes where she can be a little bit of a bitch and tough. And that could be why I'm tougher on Ali; it's because I just want her to have some of that fire that made her special when she wasn't brought back to life. She could be using that for good, she could really be making amends for how awful she treated people, and I'd have a different opinion of her. But the issue really lies in how boring an d useless they've made her. The most she's done is unmask A as Cece, and then....do everything in her power to let her back out in the real world and be accepted as someone who just made some mistakes? 

Yeah, Mona did some pretty terrible things and Hanna shouldn't have forgiven her as quickly as she did, but Mona has since proven herself to be more of an ally that she deserves a little bit more trust that she has from the Liars. Ezra should really just go away and be put in jail for his own crimes, but unfortunately, Marlene King is obsessed with the endgame pairings that they set up in season 1, so we're unfortunately stuck with all of these people. 

I personally don't think that this is the worst thing one of the Liars has done. Aria destroyed a nursery, sure, but she wasn't physically harming anyone. Since Ali is now an official Liar, we can point at all the things she's done to the girls, such as her treatment toward Hanna and her using her knowledge of Emily's sexuality for her own benefit. And it's certainly not even close to the things that others have done to each other. Ezra stalking and preying on Aria, making the choice to sleep with a sixteen year old girl for a book. Ian and him trying to kill Spencer. Toby and him blatantly targeting Spencer while he was on the A Team. Jason's "accident" in the elevator. Mary Drake literally smacking Alison over the head with a shovel. Wrollins and AD literally impregnating Ali without her consent! And those are just the examples I can think of on the top of my head. So Aria joining the A Team and destroying a nursery is literal child's play. But if they are mad at Aria for joining the A Team, even if it's deserved, it's also going to be hypocritical with all the other things that the girls have done, either for A or for other reasons. 

And one more thing about Emison; the fact that they have done very little build up over the seasons is what makes this whole endgame idea ridiculous. Their attempt at build up just makes me roll my eyes. Emily has always had feelings for Ali, but she's also been happiest with other people. Ali just makes her miserable because she even pointed out in this episode, how can she trust that Ali really loves her and will be there for her and the baby? Those issues will always be there for them, and dealing with their Emison pairing now is a little too late. Maybe you should have dealt with this at the beginning of the time jump, not a few episodes before the finale. Also, only giving Emison shippers one or two scenes a season to "throw them a bone" doesn't help. We witnessed more of Paige and Emily's relationship than we ever have of Ali and Emily's. 

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

At this point, I wouldn't mind if not all of the Liars survive by the end and I really hope it's Aria that bites the dust. *snip*

There are a few  things this show lacks, for example, any consistency or coherence, and any talent in the writers or showrunner. But one of the other things this show lacks is any actual stakes. Even if people die, the death is not permanent. If people commit crimes, the crimes are forgotten. If people are arrested, they are immediately released. When there are  no stakes, then nothing matters! Nothing, not one bit of this intricately mangled plot. So I agree, kill one of the protagonists, permanently. It is a bit late now, but at least give the final few episodes some stakes.  

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 5

This show does seem to suffer from not actually letting things happen. Like actually killing people and letting them stay dead (see also the show Scandal). 

Also I was thinking about it and thinking about how the show seems to lack life and excitement in this last season and I keep trying to trace back to when it lost its luster. I firmly believe part of it was that they never should have moved past high school. Many high school shoes falter at this and yes skipping college and all that nonsense was a good idea but not for this show. Aging them out into adults really sucked the life out of this show. Watching them act like their old 16 year old selves isn't fun. But again I think the show lost its luster when they brought Alison back from the dead. I don't know why but everything after the season 4 finale has lacked some sort of.. something for me. And nothing felt cohesive after it all with the story. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This show does seem to suffer from not actually letting things happen. Like actually killing people and letting them stay dead (see also the show Scandal). 

Also I was thinking about it and thinking about how the show seems to lack life and excitement in this last season and I keep trying to trace back to when it lost its luster. I firmly believe part of it was that they never should have moved past high school. Many high school shoes falter at this and yes skipping college and all that nonsense was a good idea but not for this show. Aging them out into adults really sucked the life out of this show. Watching them act like their old 16 year old selves isn't fun. But again I think the show lost its luster when they brought Alison back from the dead. I don't know why but everything after the season 4 finale has lacked some sort of.. something for me. And nothing felt cohesive after it all with the story. 

They absolutely lost their spark when they did the time jump. I mean, they always tended to falter at times, but the last bunch of episodes I enjoyed was the aftermath of the dollhouse (the dollhouse arc was one of the best they've done). Then, they seemed to ruin everyone's characters because the endgame was always going to be what it was from season 1, so every relationship and every choice that the Liars made during the time jump was always going to default back to the high school days, so it was all more of a big waste of time. They could have done the time jump well, if they let go of their couples and they let go of any As or ADs. But then, if that happened, we'd have no show and there'd be no reason for the Liars to return back to Rosewood. 

But yeah, bringing back Alison and then being unable to decide whether she would be a full out hero or keep her as a shady anti-hero seemed to be the beginning of the end. 

• Love 2

Snerk. If you had told me in advance that in the episode Emison finally get together, my favorite Emison scene wouldn't be the one where they finally get together, I wouldn't have believed you. But their bickering earlier in the episode was hilarious - especially Ali's parting shot about not thinking Emily would be the one to have the erratic crazy mood swings, and the look on Emily's face after. Emily's always amusing when she starts spiraling, and Ali's not the sort to just go along.

I did sigh wistfully when Emily made the reference to Paris, because that really should be Emison's endgame, not an AD-created baby implanted in Ali without her or Emily's knowledge and consent. Ali should be getting the money Archer stole from her back at some point, so she'd be able to afford Paris for them. I briefly had a little hope when Ali fell (since on soaps 99% of the time that results in a miscarriage), but that didn't seem to have any purpose other than getting them to go back to Ali's house while Aria was still there.

I thought I'd be more upset with AriA, but she was so klutzy with the racket she was making in the nursery that I couldn't help but laugh. So much for the AriA theories I used to enjoy in previous seasons. I guess that's why I actually ended up feeling for her a little when she broke down crying at the end. She crossed a line she'd told AD she wouldn't cross - hurting her friends (Ali was strong about it, but Emily was really upset) - and she knows it. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her at all, but again, she was just so hilariously incompetent...

All we need is for Melissa to return and then we should be about done with the red herrings, I think, now that Lucas has been ruled out. I thought for the longest time that AD was Melissa, but no more. I like her presence on the show though, so I do hope she puts in an appearance.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

All we need is for Melissa to return and then we should be about done with the red herrings, I think, now that Lucas has been ruled out. I thought for the longest time that AD was Melissa, but no more. I like her presence on the show though, so I do hope she puts in an appearance.

Melissa is probably AD because she'd be the easiest to explain away.  Out of sight, out of mind, so it's less complicated.  You haven't seen Melissa because she was the puppet master!  Surprise! Look at all the stuff she did off screen!  Black swan!  NAT Club!  Wren! IanGarrettWilden! 

But seriously, homegirl had the biggest pile of bodies around her and no ones even mentioned them in awhile.  She's the last red herring it could be.  I don't know if I'd be angry or stupified.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Melissa is probably AD because she'd be the easiest to explain away.  Out of sight, out of mind, so it's less complicated.  You haven't seen Melissa because she was the puppet master!  Surprise! Look at all the stuff she did off screen!  Black swan!  NAT Club!  Wren! IanGarrettWilden! 

But seriously, homegirl had the biggest pile of bodies around her and no ones even mentioned them in awhile.  She's the last red herring it could be.  I don't know if I'd be angry or stupified.

If it is not one of the main five (no twins allowed), then I'll be disappointed. If it's Emily I'll give them a begrudging pass.

Edited by Chinspinner
1 minute ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Oh, don't underestimate the mind of Marlene King. There were plenty of people who thought Wren was Big A and it would have made perfect sense, so Marlene decided to throw in a random person that made zero sense in his place. Melissa will most likely remain a red herring because, like Lucas, that was one of her purposes on the show. 

• Love 1

If he lost all his money investing in Hanna, he probably wasn't all that successful in the first place.

Amen, and even if he was, he was NEVER GOING TO STAY THAT WAY, Hanna or not, if he doesn't have the SUPER BASIC common sense to not sink his entire wealth into a high risk investment. You don't need to be a money genius to know you should keep some money off the table when gambling with a start up!

• Love 1
(edited)

I am beginning to think that not only might Ali be faking this pregnancy, but she's planning on faking a miscarriage as well. That scene of her being totally indifferent toward taking the prenatal vitamins was really out-of-place and bizarre, and then her story (which seemed like an obvious lie to me) that someone pushed her down the stairs...she's not in next week's episode and I wouldn't be surprised at all if she returns in 7x18 with the news that she "miscarried."

Edited by marinaalexis
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How exactly did Lucas lose ALL of his money by investing in Hanna's "company"? They hadn't produced a single garment, so they didn't spend any money on fabric, labor, marketing, etc. All Hanna had was a closet full of clothes she had already made before she partnered with Lucas and a sketchbook. It's not like they produced a whole line of clothing and no one was buying any of it.

One of the best moments in this episode was when Lucas said that most of this emails to Charles were about Mean Queen Ali and her band of followers and how Ali tormented him and the rest of them did nothing to stop her. Emily at least had the decency to look guilty and uncomfortable, but I was like man, none of you can even look him in the eye and apologize for letting Ali bully him.

Poor Lucas. He all but told Hanna to her face that he's still in love with her and her response was, "Kthxbye!"

A running theme of this endgame-athon is putting alternatives back in the Liar's lives that would make for way healthier couples at the end, and then flashing a middle finger at that.

Holden is age appropriate, has a sense of humor, has a variety of skills, and way more chemistry with Aria than Ezra. He then vanishes before the wedding planning is even over.

Paige is mature, successful, has more in common with Emily, is reliable and smart enough to handle situations like Addison. Emily kicks her off to Iowa simply because she can't let the simple solution of an abortion fix A's heinous act. Seriously, I'm trying to think what's going through Uber A's mind rn, probably more confused than the audience at how crazy these bitches are.

Marco prioritizes the law, something Spencer should take more seriously with her profession. He's been stern but dependable with her (other than letting Jenna frolic away freely), in a way that Spencer obviously needs. Spencer threw that away just because they didn't say their car accidentally slammed into a wanted man. He's going to resent her or die now. Then Spencer's going to go manipulate the emotions of a guy whose life was just ruined by a deer.

Finally, we circle back to Lucas. Dude wants to be an equal partner with Hanna and supports/believes in her career choice all the way. Compare this to Caleb who dumped her because Hanna's attention was off of him, so he fled to have a fling with Spencer and not the other millions of fish in the sea. Seriously, I'm supposed to believe that Lucas was an independent business owner and he tanked it all for an unrequited crush? That's just embarrassingly cruel. Series finale better rectify this. Heck, hook him up with Mona(if she doesn't die sacrificially), idc. Just let him have some dignity.

• Love 11

What confused me about Lucas not being AD after all (and still a sucker for Hanna), was the last task that AD had Hanna do with the Japanese investors and the short kimono dress.  Had Caleb not been in the hospital, what would Lucas have told Hanna?  Guess, what, they really don’t exist?  I suppose she would find out eventually like she did tonight.

Does this does clear Lucas from suspicion b/c if he was working with AD, wouldn’t AD have known that the Japanese investors didn’t exist?  Why have Hanna go to the trouble of wearing an outfit to that would certainly offend, only to go to the meeting and find out they didn’t exist?  She never completed the task so we’ll never know.

This all makes my head hurt.

I really enjoyed last week’s episode that Troian directed so this one was a big letdown with another red herring AD, too much Ezzria, and too much Emison with their icky baby storyline.  And Spencer behaving recklessly with Marco, don’t get me started.  The Twincer theory is getting more credible by the week.

Please use more Mona, she was the bright spot in this episode and now that she’s in to help defeat the game, we need more of her brains.  Despite the horrible stuff Mona did in the past, she’s my favorite character.