Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Yes, Alex is thinking he couldn't have pressed the button because he was taking his clothes off and thus his hands weren't free. Not sure Kevin removed his clothes as a strategy to throw off the others, but if he did then he's smarter than I thought.

I'm pretty sure he did say that he took off his clothes to deflect suspicion that he took the money in a diary room session of that episode. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Yes, Alex is thinking he couldn't have pressed the button because he was taking his clothes off and thus his hands weren't free. Not sure Kevin removed his clothes as a strategy to throw off the others, but if he did then he's smarter than I thought.

I remember Kevin saying something about how he planned to deflect from pushing the button with blaming him sweating and taking off his top in the first episode, so it definitely was a strategy. I think Kevin's smarter than he looks, which makes sense as he's older with more experience. I personally think he's overselling his lies a little too much, but it's clearly working on these houseguests. Just like Raven's Pity Party is working on the houseguests, as they feel enough sympathy to not target her right now. I believe many of them have expressed desire for her to get to jury so she can pay off some medical bills. It's a strategy that seems to be working. 

Then again, my first season of Big Brother was 12 and I loved Matt's lie about his wife being very sick. Now, it doesn't look so great, but sixteen year old me at that time was a huge fan of Matt and his lies. So basically, I have no room to criticize strategy if people buy it. They make their own choices, so they have to deal with the consequences if it doesn't work out.

• Love 2

They let Matt drink diet coke all day long yesterday. If they don't care about enforcing the HN rules why do they even continue to do HNs? It's so pointless.

It really is, especially since they no longer compete for it. Half the time they don't even tell us on the TV show who had to do it that week. What purpose does it serve?

I think Christmas told someone yesterday that she wanted to recover in the BB House because if she was recovering at home, she'd strain herself too much and injure herself further. I assume because there's more freedom, she runs on a schedule outside of the BB house and she can't find it in her to restrain herself?

Isn't she supposed to be a "fitness expert??" What kind of "expert" is she if she can't even restrain herself from making a serious injury worse? Maybe she's not so much an 'expert' as she is an 'obsessive.'

Huge difference than what is going to happen to Christmas, unless CBS intends to send handlers with her and sequester her in the hospital to make sure nobody gives her outside information or any electronic devices. 

I honestly can't imagine at this point what kind of "outside information" would benefit Christmas. What could anyone tell her? "Uh, hey Christmas, did you know BB is rigged for Paul to win this year?" Really, are there any secrets she doesn't know that would give her some kind of advantage?

I think Kevin's smarter than he looks, which makes sense as he's older with more experience.

I hope he is smarter than he looks  - because he doesn't look all that smart to me. He seems like a nice enough guy, but that crazy hair makes it look like he still thinks he's in his 20s. 

• Love 3

I'm hoping Raven's pity party will backfire on her eventually. The house guests need to figure out that you don't want to go to final two with the person everyone likes who also happens to have a hard-luck story.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I'm hoping Raven's pity party will backfire on her eventually. The house guests need to figure out that you don't want to go to final two with the person everyone likes who also happens to have a hard-luck story.

The only ones who seem to be actively trying to actually win this game are Paul, Kevin, Alex, and Ramses. I've heard all the others say things like they hope Raven wins. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Nashville said:

IMHO this gets into an issue of personal responsibility; so long as...

1. Christmas' continued game participation in light of her health issues doesn't pose an immediate threat to herself or others;
  2. Christmas has been informed of, acknowledged, and accepted the liabilities of continued game participation (pain, likelihood of recurrent injury, etc.); and
  3. Christmas understands and accepts her condition may be a limiting factor in comp participation for which she will receive no special consideration;

...then I see no reason why Christmas shouldn't be allowed to participate.  This is Big Brother, not Big Daddy.  Christmas is an adult and entitled to make her own decisions - as well as deal with the consequences of those decisions.

You just described two of my conference calls today.

Well, after surgery she will have specific instructions in terms of recuperation. Even though she is an adult, CBS may have liability if she is injured in any competition after surgery. They may have a "physical" rule which says all HGs have to be in "good health" and able to compete fully. Raven may have had to get doctors to sign off on her participation. What doctor will sign off after he performs surgery for Christmas to compete in any physical challenge and if she sits out, the game is compromised.  I can't see her staying in the house after Wednesday. She may need to be hooked up to one of those mobile standing chairs. This may not be her decision because of huge liability factors.  

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I think Raven's "show" in which she revealed her condition was staged by CBS. They had to have encouraged her to do that. if they did not allow it, they would have gone to fish. CBS is milking it. So Raven is Grodner's new Evel Dick, being pushed through by production to take it all when she sits next to Paul in f2 and again he places second? BB is so contrived. 

Seriously, after her "reveal" what HG will nominate her without thinking they will look like a "meanie?"

Edited by DakotaLavender
9 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

Well, after surgery she will have specific instructions in terms of recuperation. Even though she is an adult, CBS may have liability if she is injured in any competition after surgery. They may have a "physical" rule which says all HGs have to be in "good health" and able to compete fully. Raven may have had to get doctors to sign off on her participation. What doctor will sign off after he performs surgery for Christmas to compete in any physical challenge and if she sits out, the game is compromised.  I can't see her staying in the house after Wednesday. She may need to be hooked up to one of those mobile standing chairs. This may not be her decision because of huge liability factors.  

I don't think her injury is that serious.  I think she'll have a cast and if she is required to do any physical comps then she'll start and just take the L.  For example, if she's in the OTEV comp I would imagine she would just stand there while the others find their seats and then she's eliminated in rd 1.

Of course I'm cynical and think production will string this along for as long as the can before she is required to compete in anything like that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

She really said that, eh?  I would like the poster who has this condition to step forward again, please.  Yoo Hoo! 

In one conversation, she said, "I could be gone in five years and..." But about five minutes later, that five years got shaved down to "I could be gone in two years and...". Unless you meant the $200K in medical debt which blows my mind (because Canadian) but seems like a rather conservative number from what she's detailed and the horror stories I see on the news about the States health care system. 

2 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Some people with Gastroparesis die from malnutrition. People who aren't receiving medical care, that is. They vomit so much that they can't keep anything down and so they would starve to death. 

Raven has a Gastric Stimulator which is a device to help move the food from her stomach to her intestines. She IS NOT going to starve to death! Because if the stimulator didn't help her enough to keep her food in her system, to ensure she receives proper nutrition, then she would have a FEEDING TUBE. WHICH SHE DOES NOT HAVE! 

Like me, she would have issues with malabsorption most likely, but she would then, like me, take oral supplements or possibly receive them via injection.

Again, if she were dying imminently, she would have a feeding tube and would not want to spend her last days on earth with strangers. Calling big, stinky BULLSHIT on her whole damn story. 

I'm sorry, I'm paring down your post to my relevant quotes but I promise I did read it all and though I don't share your illness, but Raven and her "story" is my season's BEC, so I share your outrage. 

Raven has said that she's on the 9th setting of her stimulator, and they only go to 15 (also, that the stimulator is not FDA approved which is why it costs so much) so she's not only working on a short amount of time, but also that when it comes time for a feeding tube, she's going to refuse it. And let herself wither away and die, I guess? 

Her appearance on Dish with Dominique (does it have an official name?) was interesting because while I had heard her mention a second, unnamed disease, she gave more information on it. It's some weird disease that only two people in the world have, including Raven, which is why it doesn't have a name. It's a mutation of a chromosome that apparently causes her nerves to die and that paired with the Gastroparesis is what's killing her. But she never really says that. She just keeps going on and on about the stimulator and when it dies, I die, because no feeding tube for Raven but man, when she's gone, y'all are going to be saying "That Raven, she sure was a cool chick, wasn't she?" (Yes, that's a direct quote from her.) 

Which okay. I'm not disputing the fact that she may have two diseases and the combination of them are what are wrecking her body. There are videos of her, much younger, with her family, talking about it on CNN and whatnot. And you can't hide the fact that it looks like she has an iPod in her stomach. She may not be long for this world... but you could say that of anyone. 

And it's not just the fact that she's dying that she keeps repeating. She needs to have a hysterectomy (for reasons unmentioned so far). So she can't have kids. But she wants to freeze her eggs so she can have kids. But they could end up with her disease so she doesn't want kids. But she wants to use the BB money for the hysterectomy and to freeze her eggs so she can have kids. But she could die in two to five years so her children would be motherless, so she doesn't want kids. But... but...

It's all of that put together that makes me call a little bullshit on all of this. Especially when she starts one-upping medical stories or complaining about other people complaining about their ailments. 

I feel like I'm coming off as such a heartless bitch when I make VICTIM NOISES in this thread about it (and hey, I am a bit of a heartless bitch) but I swear, I hear it come up at least once a day on the feeds complete with Raven's sad eyes but cheerful voice talking about how she's going to die but she's so brave - and yes, I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration but again, she's my BEC. I couldn't have as much of an issue about it if she had, at one point, talked to the camera and said, "Hey, I'm using this strictly as game play". Okay, some people would think it's a bit dirty, like Matt's wife being sick or Jonny Fairplay's grandma, but still a valid game strategy. I could have some respect for that. But she hasn't done that (yet), so it comes off more like someone I know, who will recount all their medical woes for you and then wait for you to fawn over them and tell them how brave you think they are to pump up their ego. 

Gah! Sorry, y'all. Didn't mean to drop my VICTIM NOISES on you so early in the morning. But hey, at least there's something in this season that's bringing out that old passion for watching the Big Brother feeds for me. Too bad it had to be Raven on her deathbed. 

• Love 17

I'll have mad respect for whoever puts Raven on the block and gets the votes to get her out. I don't care if it's pre-jury or during jury. I don't care if it's Codybot that does it. I will back that person all the way through to F2 if they make it. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

It IS serious. It is a seven hour surgery where they have to re-break her entire foot and put in pins so her bones heal properly. She then has to have another surgery in a few months to remove the pins. It is a painful surgery and she is going to be laid up for a while. 

Not to mention there's always the risk of infection, which means she'd have to leave again to get treated for it. Then there's the follow-up visits to make sure it's healing properly. She could easily be gone from the house another 5-6 times if not more if she stays deep into the game. Where do you draw the line? 

My bad.  It was my understanding that this was a couple hour out-patient procedure.  I thought I read up thread it was arthroscopic.  If this is indeed the procedure needed then she should be taken out of the game imo.

4 minutes ago, MV007 said:

My bad.  It was my understanding that this was a couple hour out-patient procedure.  I thought I read up thread it was arthroscopic.  If this is indeed the procedure needed then she should be taken out of the game imo.

It isn't 7 hours.  She is scheduled at 4pm which means she will be in by 4:30 and will return that night.  She mentioned her return between 7:30 and 9PM.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

@wings707 She said she was leaving Wednesday morning and would be returning the next day in time for the live show last I heard. Has she been changing her story? 

No, I am not up to date apparently!  Things changed.  

34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

In one conversation, she said, "I could be gone in five years and..." But about five minutes later, that five years got shaved down to "I could be gone in two years and...". Unless you meant the $200K in medical debt which blows my mind (because Canadian) but seems like a rather conservative number from what she's detailed and the horror stories I see on the news about the States health care system. 

I'm sorry, I'm paring down your post to my relevant quotes but I promise I did read it all and though I don't share your illness, but Raven and her "story" is my season's BEC, so I share your outrage. 

Raven has said that on the 9th setting of her stimulator, and they only go to 15 (also, that the stimulator is not FDA approved which is why it costs so much) so she's not only working on a short amount of time, but also that when it comes time for a feeding tube, she's going to refuse it. And let herself wither away and die, I guess? 

Her appearance on Dish with Dominique (does it have an official name?) was interesting because while I had heard her mention a second, unnamed disease, she gave more information on it. It's some weird disease that only two people in the world have, including Raven, which is why it doesn't have a name. It's a mutation of a chromosome that apparently causes her nerves to die and that paired with the Gastroparesis is what's killing her. But she never really says that. She just keeps going on and on about the stimulator and when it dies, I die, because no feeding tube for Raven but man, when she's gone, y'all are going to be saying "That Raven, she sure was a cool chick, wasn't she?" (Yes, that's a direct quote from her.) 

Which okay. I'm not disputing the fact that she may have two diseases and the combination of them are what are wrecking her body. There are videos of her, much younger, with her family, talking about it on CNN and whatnot. And you can't hide the fact that it looks like she has an iPod in her stomach. She may not be long for this world... but you could say that of anyone. 

And it's not just the fact that she's dying that she keeps repeating. She needs to have a hysterectomy (for reasons unmentioned so far). So she can't have kids. But she wants to freeze her eggs so she can have kids. But they could end up with her disease so she doesn't want kids. But she wants to use the BB money for the hysterectomy and to freeze her eggs so she can have kids. But she could die in two to five years so her children would be motherless, so she doesn't want kids. But... but...

It's all of that put together that makes me call a little bullshit on all of this. Especially when she starts one-upping medical stories or complaining about other people complaining about their ailments. 

I feel like I'm coming off as such a heartless bitch when I make VICTIM NOISES in this thread about it (and hey, I am a bit of a heartless bitch) but I swear, I hear it come up at least once a day on the feeds complete with Raven's sad eyes but cheerful voice talking about how she's going to die but she's so brave - and yes, I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration but again, she's my BEC. I couldn't have as much of an issue about it if she had, at one point, talked to the camera and said, "Hey, I'm using this strictly as game play". Okay, some people would think it's a bit dirty, like Matt's wife being sick or Jonny Fairplay's grandma, but still a valid game strategy. I could have some respect for that. But she hasn't done that (yet), so it comes off more like someone I know, who will recount all their medical woes for you and then wait for you to fawn over them and tell them how brave you think they are to pump up their ego. 

Gah! Sorry, y'all. Didn't mean to drop my VICTIM NOISES on you so early in the morning. But hey, at least there's something in this season that's bringing out that old passion for watching the Big Brother feeds for me. Too bad it had to be Raven on her deathbed. 

I appreciate your well thought out rationale.

I'll say this much about the settings on the stimulator. The settings are on/off pulses. I'm at a very high setting, 4 seconds on and 2 off. This is the amount of time the stimulator pulses the stomach to move the food out of the stomach and into the intestines. The stimulator isn't a cure...it is a help to move the food along. There is also medication to speed up the process but unfortunately for me, I'm allergic to it. She may be as well. Treatment of severe Gastroparesis is palliative on a large scale. Nausea meds help you keep the food down and help with the persistent(nearly 24/7)nausea. 

The stimulator is not FDA approved but it also isn't "disapproved." It is classified as a HUD...Humanitarian Use Device. This means that there hasn't been enough research to determine its efficacy one way or the other. Many insurances, such as mine, cover it because I meet certain diagnostic criteria. Even Medicare covers it for their patients. I had my first in 2004 and have had 6. The batteries are rated to last 5-7 years but mine run out more quickly because my setting is high. Hers may be the same way. The cost of the device is $40,000 alone but a battery replacement is much cheaper. Also, you must have a trial run with an external stimulator for 4 days as part of the diagnostic process. You undergo a Gastric Emptying Scan before hand, one immediately after the first small meal you consume after external placement and then a third one right before the stimulator is removed. This produces concrete, scientific statistics as to whether it helped you or not in emptying your stomach in a more timely fashion. This is why more and more insurance companies over the last decade have begun covering it...because there are results in black and white. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Raven had her stimulator placed at UM, like me, because that is where Dr. Thomas Abell(pioneer, God bless him!) was until about 5 years ago. He was one of the two leading experts in this field and lucky for me(and Raven), he was nearby. 

I guess Raven and I have differing views about life itself. I have two teenagers, a husband, a large extended family and I WANT to live. I don't think a feeding tube is ideal but if I ever had to have one, SIGN MY *SS UP! I have too much to live for to let a "little thing" like a feeding tube to deter me. But yeah, Raven's choice. I saw that video from 2009 and it seems her mom has GI trouble. Raven's young so I'd have thought her mature mom could help her see things through a mature lens. Can't imagine how her parents feel if how Raven is portraying her attitude in the house is her real out of the house attitude. 

You hit the nail on the head...if Raven is using her illness as a straight up strategy, then tell the damn camera chick! 

• Love 11
(edited)

Christmas, Josh, Jason and Jessica are doing some kind of improv game. Christmas describes a scenario and the others act it out. It's fun to watch. Jessica is being an old grumpy man and a cat in line at the movies. Ramses is there, too.

Christmas is now being Paul wanting to return a wish to a genie. She is pretty good. She's being Paul and the genie. Then you hear Paul yelling in the background. (12:18 PT)

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'll have mad respect for whoever puts Raven on the block and gets the votes to get her out. I don't care if it's pre-jury or during jury. I don't care if it's Codybot that does it. I will back that person all the way through to F2 if they make it. 

YES!!  Me too!  Jessica may just be the little cookie who can do that! 

1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Christmas, Josh, Jason and Jessica are doing some kind of improv game. Christmas describes a scenario and the others act it out. It's fun to watch. Jessica is being an old grumpy man and a cat in line at the movies. Ramses is there, too.

It is fun, I am watching now.  I like seeing Jessica joining the group for some fun.  

• Love 1

Ramses is now a deep sea diver and a mermaid.

Cody in that toad costume is just too much.

Now his improv could be a marine taking out a member of ISIS while wearing a frog costume.

• Love 2

Now Christmas or Raven just said they are building something outside. Now what would need to be built on Tuesday afternoon? I'm still not sure of the timing when competitions take place.

• Love 1

Matt is talking to Christmas about how they need to talk about Josh going.  Christmas reiterates that there are 2 clear targets that the whole house wants out first, but she knows what Matt is talking about regarding Josh.  Matt doesn't necessarily want to be the one to have to do it, but it will need to be done.  Matt also said that at some point people will start taking shots at Paul and they need to try to protect him.

Matt's goal is to just make jury.  He tells Christmas that Paul and Raven are probably the 2 biggest threats to win the game.

Christmas says Raven is the most deserving.  She is "a fucking living saint".

• Love 2

Yay, Matt is showing some sense, saying Paul is the biggest threat to someone who wants to win the game.  Then he shows non-sense, saying he'd rather see Raven win the game than him. And Christmas is now saying she wants Raven to win because Raven is the nicest person she's ever met. Oh I have to take out hankie now and wipe away the tear that's dangling from my lower false eyelash.

• Love 8

Ugh, this cast. Ugh, this season. Raven may be this season's Derrick. Matt may be her Cody Caliafiore. She uses her medical condition to garner sympathy much like Derrick used his daughter. Remember his refrain: "you're taking food out of my daughter's mouth".  

Where do they find people so willing to lay down their own game and a shot at $500k for someone they just met less than a month ago?!  It's insane. 

• Love 11
(edited)
1 minute ago, me5671 said:

Where do they find people so willing to lay down their own game and a shot at $500k for someone they just met less than a month ago?!  It's insane. 

So many of them claim they are not there to win the money.  Many of them say they just care about making jury.

8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

And Christmas is now saying she wants Raven to win because Raven is the nicest person she's ever met. Oh I have to take out hankie now and wipe away the tear that's dangling from my lower false eyelash.

Maybe you can borrow a hankie from Raven.  According to Christmas, Raven has cried more about Christmas's situation than Christmas has.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 3
(edited)

Matt said to Christmas that someone will need to take a shot at Paul later, but "not us." And they are talking about protecting Paul. I can't tell if  Matt was testing the waters to see if Christmas will be willing to dump Paul.

edit: sorry, didn't refresh before posting and I see I am repetitive of others.

not sure I believe Matt when he says he doesn't care about winning, is anyone that dumb?

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 3

Raven's laugh is so irritating to me.  1) She tends to do this little ha ha ha kind of laugh over practically everything, which annoys the crap out of me. 2) I can't stand the snort.

• Love 2

So many of them claim they are not there to win the money.  Many of them say they just care about making jury.

They care about becoming reality "stars" - like Paul. Or "Beast-Mode Cowboy" who has now appeared on two editions of Survivor and the new Candy Crush TV game show. You can stretch your 15 minutes of fame into a lucrative job these days getting appearance fees, etc., and hopping from reality show to reality show, if you're able to make enough of a "name" for yourself. Not to mention numerous returns to this show.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Raven's laugh is so irritating to me.  1) She tends to do this little ha ha ha kind of laugh over practically everything, which annoys the crap out of me. 2) I can't stand the snort.

I agree.  Somewhere along the line she has been complimented on how cute her laugh and snort are.  It is terrible.  Movie, All About Steve with Sandra Bullock has her character snorting all through it.  A new friend of mine a couple of years ago, who snorts,  asked if I had seen it and was it good.  I lied and said I hadn't  but how bad can Sandra Bullock be?  Easiest way to get the message to her that her snort is TERRIBLE.  

Snort laughing is easy to do and easy to stop.  It is not a reflex, it is an affect.    

• Love 1

Did Raven name her pacemaker Thor?  Paul came up and was all up in her stomach region saying he had to say hello to Thor and thanked Thor for keeping her alive.

• Love 1

I am really struggling with the Christmas foot surgery thing.   I mean, I like her, and ordinarily I'd be rooting for her to win, but this is just too much.  In and out, here and there...  She can say it is a disadvantage in the game, which she is shouldering, but I don't think it is.  It is something she can spin to her advantage, if she' smart enough, and she is smart enough.   Not to mention the fact that it very well could result in her being held over from surgery due to whatever reason, and then being out of the house on a medical anyways.   Which then means this will be a double elimination week, or nobody currently on the block goes home.   BB production will have to scramble, and we know they don't do that very well so it could lead to suckage.

But I am also biased because I don't want anyone on the block to go home this week.  I want Paul's HoH to be impotent.  I want Cody to stay because he wants Paul out and is single-minded and ruthless enough to accomplish that, plus he offers good TV (and I have that crush...).  I want Alex to stay because I think she's a tough competitor and is actually playing the game and will get Paul out, and I like her.  I want Ramses to stay...well...I guess mainly because he's playing the game too, and he wants to stay in and is only on the block because he got totally screwed by Paul and BB production, but in truth I find him kind of annoying.

• Love 11
(edited)

They're doing a birthday celebration for Dominique. Raven baked a sad little cake and she's so proud of herself. Raven sure likes to pull attention to herself.

And I see Dominique hasn't mastered the skill of chewing with her mouth closed.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

I appreciate your well thought out rationale.

I'll say this much about the settings on the stimulator. The settings are on/off pulses. I'm at a very high setting, 4 seconds on and 2 off. This is the amount of time the stimulator pulses the stomach to move the food out of the stomach and into the intestines. The stimulator isn't a cure...it is a help to move the food along. There is also medication to speed up the process but unfortunately for me, I'm allergic to it. She may be as well. Treatment of severe Gastroparesis is palliative on a large scale. Nausea meds help you keep the food down and help with the persistent(nearly 24/7)nausea. 

The stimulator is not FDA approved but it also isn't "disapproved." It is classified as a HUD...Humanitarian Use Device. This means that there hasn't been enough research to determine its efficacy one way or the other. Many insurances, such as mine, cover it because I meet certain diagnostic criteria. Even Medicare covers it for their patients. I had my first in 2004 and have had 6. The batteries are rated to last 5-7 years but mine run out more quickly because my setting is high. Hers may be the same way. The cost of the device is $40,000 alone but a battery replacement is much cheaper. Also, you must have a trial run with an external stimulator for 4 days as part of the diagnostic process. You undergo a Gastric Emptying Scan before hand, one immediately after the first small meal you consume after external placement and then a third one right before the stimulator is removed. This produces concrete, scientific statistics as to whether it helped you or not in emptying your stomach in a more timely fashion. This is why more and more insurance companies over the last decade have begun covering it...because there are results in black and white. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Raven had her stimulator placed at UM, like me, because that is where Dr. Thomas Abell(pioneer, God bless him!) was until about 5 years ago. He was one of the two leading experts in this field and lucky for me(and Raven), he was nearby. 

I guess Raven and I have differing views about life itself. I have two teenagers, a husband, a large extended family and I WANT to live. I don't think a feeding tube is ideal but if I ever had to have one, SIGN MY *SS UP! I have too much to live for to let a "little thing" like a feeding tube to deter me. But yeah, Raven's choice. I saw that video from 2009 and it seems her mom has GI trouble. Raven's young so I'd have thought her mature mom could help her see things through a mature lens. Can't imagine how her parents feel if how Raven is portraying her attitude in the house is her real out of the house attitude. 

You hit the nail on the head...if Raven is using her illness as a straight up strategy, then tell the damn camera chick! 

I have to be honest.  At the end of the day this is just a game and I have nothing but empathy for you and Raven.  This sounds like a terrible thing to have to deal with.  

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Now Christmas or Raven just said they are building something outside. Now what would need to be built on Tuesday afternoon? I'm still not sure of the timing when competitions take place.

I wonder if it's a serious Endurance Comp. If we are to believe Big Brother's website, there will be no Temptation this week since it says that voting ends on July 19th. So I imagine they need something to put into Sunday's episode? 

My guess is voting ends for the Temptation on the 19th- the person is given the Temptation that day or after the Live Eviction on Thursday, they accept it, the curse is revealed to be the Battle Back. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, zorak said:

Did Raven name her pacemaker Thor?  Paul came up and was all up in her stomach region saying he had to say hello to Thor and thanked Thor for keeping her alive.

Yes. They've all had T names and the next one will as well. 

I wonder if she knows that Thor is also a God of Fertility. It pairs well with her "Kids but..." speeches. 

• Love 3

Jessica and Cody are as usual holed up by themselves and Jessica is crying.  She said, "Well, they broke me.  It's official.  They won".  Does anyone know what brought on her latest crying spell?  I'm pretty sure I saw her out there for a little bit while they were having Dominique's birthday thing.  Then I switched cameras and she's sobbing in the room with Cody.

20 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I am really struggling with the Christmas foot surgery thing.   I mean, I like her, and ordinarily I'd be rooting for her to win, but this is just too much.  In and out, here and there...  She can say it is a disadvantage in the game, which she is shouldering, but I don't think it is.  It is something she can spin to her advantage, if she' smart enough, and she is smart enough.   Not to mention the fact that it very well could result in her being held over from surgery due to whatever reason, and then being out of the house on a medical anyways.   Which then means this will be a double elimination week, or nobody currently on the block goes home.   BB production will have to scramble, and we know they don't do that very well so it could lead to suckage.

But I am also biased because I don't want anyone on the block to go home this week.  I want Paul's HoH to be impotent.  I want Cody to stay because he wants Paul out and is single-minded and ruthless enough to accomplish that, plus he offers good TV (and I have that crush...).  I want Alex to stay because I think she's a tough competitor and is actually playing the game and will get Paul out, and I like her.  I want Ramses to stay...well...I guess mainly because he's playing the game too, and he wants to stay in and is only on the block because he got totally screwed by Paul and BB production, but in truth I find him kind of annoying.

I'm struggling with it, too. I haven't figured out my reasoning yet, but basically this: Christmas is responsible for herself and the healing of her foot and for creating an environment that is conducive for healing. No matter what rationalization she has, I don't think the Big Brother House environment is conducive to proper healing. Plus, no matter what she may say, some of the burden of responsibility for her care will fall on the house guests and CBS staff, and her care is definitely not the responsibility of the house guests. (I'd say some on CBS since it happened on CBS's watch.) 

Oh, gosh, Raven just referred to herself as "the sickest person in the house who understands everything" in trying to console a sniffling Jessica. I start feeling sympathetic for Raven, then she comes out with a statement like that. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if she had to leave due to health reasons. She looks like she's gone downhill in the two weeks she's been here; on the other hand, she could be pretending she's Mimi from La Boheme and putting on paler makeup and looking more disheveled to show declining health.

What are Jason and Ramses making? Did they say they wanted it to taste like shit? OK, I thought they were making something for Jessica but I think they're going to prank someone.

• Love 4

I didn't see this mentioned from last night but I think it's a pretty solid strategy so:

Alex is keeping her birth control packs after she uses them while in the house, because she's using them to remember and count the days for the end of the season comp (if she makes it that far). That's probably one of the smarter ways I've heard of doing that. Not sure if anyone has done it in the past. The last time I remember birth control mentioned was BB17 when Liz was forgetting to take hers while doing the nasty with tuna beard Austin and we were joking about the first in-house pregnancy announcement. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Dom was in a trance and went back to Jesus' Crucifixion, "I was there, says she."   Switched camera to hear Jason talking about taking route 66 to Boston.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I think Raven's "show" in which she revealed her condition was staged by CBS. They had to have encouraged her to do that. if they did not allow it, they would have gone to fish. CBS is milking it. So Raven is Grodner's new Evel Dick, being pushed through by production to take it all when she sits next to Paul in f2 and again he places second? BB is so contrived. 

The broadcast show has literally never mentioned Raven's illness, which I find hilarious. Here she is thinking she's gonna be the star everyone feels sorry for and in reality she's barely on the show and her illness has never even been mentioned.

What's wrong with Jessica? She can't poop becasue of the slop or something?

If they're already building the HOH comp it's almost certainly a big endurance comp. I hope so at least. We deserve something exciting/interesting after this boring week.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Christmas is not going to a hospital, she will go to a out patient surgery center.  I have been several times.  A handler can be with her at all times.  It is not a bustling place.  You are taken back to a private curtained space, asked a few medical questions and get a wrist band, put in a wheel chair and moved to the next in line room with only a nurse (no one else) and then to the OR.  The handler can go with her into the surgery.  Children have a parent with them in the OR.  

This is not a big deal as far as security is concerned.   As far as not fair to be out of the house?  pfffffffffffffffft   Who cares.  It isn't going to give her a leg up to win this damn thing.  

I totally agree with all of this ... PLUS, is there REALLY that much information out there that would change the way she's playing the game?! It's not like in previous seasons where there have been secret alliances, information, etc. The only thing I can really think of that she might hear about that would probably change some HG's feelings is Kevin's 25K prize. Other than that, what would she hear that would change the way she's playing?? (genuinely curious if I'm missing something!)

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What's wrong with Jessica? She can't poop becasue of the slop or something?

I think that's what she was getting at. Ahh, it brings back memories of Jocasta Poop Watch. 

Poor girl is a mess. She can't shit, she's losing her Robot Love in a few days, she's been throwing up... and that's all without mentioning the fact that she has Victoria Syndrome, in that her hair extensions are making her real hair fall out.

I don't understand why the slop is such an issue. Last night, Matt nuked a (metal!) bowl of slop and added a slice of cheese to it for extra Have Not rule breaking. Clearly she could just eat regular food with no penalty. I really wish that Big Brother didn't tell them when they broke the rules and when the live show comes around, Julie is all, "Matt, because you broke the Have Not eating rules, you've been given a penalty nomination. And because you continued to break the rule 25 more times, you have 25 penalty votes." It would be absolutely hilarious. But it would never happen. 

1 minute ago, Ceeg said:

Paul will boot Raven out at Final 3. 

And come in second for getting rid of the dying girl? I'm down with this version of the future. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
Just now, Ceeg said:

Paul will boot Raven out at Final 3. 

You think?  I might have to temporarily root for him at that point.  I hope to God that I'm wrong but the more I think about it the more I am convinced she's going to win this whole thing.

2 hours ago, zorak said:

Matt is talking to Christmas about how they need to talk about Josh going.  Christmas reiterates that there are 2 clear targets that the whole house wants out first, but she knows what Matt is talking about regarding Josh.  Matt doesn't necessarily want to be the one to have to do it, but it will need to be done.  Matt also said that at some point people will start taking shots at Paul and they need to try to protect him.

Matt's goal is to just make jury.  He tells Christmas that Paul and Raven are probably the 2 biggest threats to win the game.

Christmas says Raven is the most deserving.  She is "a fucking living saint".

Can I blame social media for this? Do people think if they vote her out, then they'll get accused of turning on someone who's such an underdog? 

• Love 2
Just now, zorak said:

You think?  I might have to temporarily root for him at that point.  I hope to God that I'm wrong but the more I think about it the more I am convinced she's going to win this whole thing.

Big Brother 16: The Season of *Snore*
Big Brother 17: BLOOD ON MY HANDS! 
Big Brother 18: Coooooorey! (or Victor and his Many Ressurections)
Big Brother 19: Make a Wish?

• Love 6