Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I really don't understand Jessica's concern about her job, her clients, and Cody. Does she really think that they are watching and care? It;'s a weird tack to take. Worry about your family, sure. She's coming down on him hard.

I want to keep liking Christmas, but her convo with Josh about Mark was seriously uncomfortable.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I really don't understand Jessica's concern about her job, her clients, and Cody. Does she really think that they are watching and care? It;'s a weird tack to take. Worry about your family, sure. She's coming down on him hard.

Well, seeing as she's a fan of the show, she's probably seen what happened in BB15 and other seasons where the game as interfered with personal lives, and she doesn't want the worst case scenario of that to happen. I don't blame her for wanting to be careful. I actually admire her for being concerned, as she didn't quit her job so she still has people to answer to. Maybe they didn't watch her on the show or don't care, but what if some of her work clients did? I'd rather see someone worry about the consequences of these actions, rather than someone spewing hate left and right and not considering the outside world consequences.

Cody basically said that he can't change for her, and Jessica is seething at that answer. This is a serious break-up. There's quite a few days ahead, but there's a possibility of Cody just leaving come Thursday.

Being someone who actually likes the couple (not their gameplay) and bought their relationship as genuine, this is a really hard break-up conversation to listen to. It feels very, very real.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, zorak said:

Jessica:  "I didn't take you for a quitter, Cody.  I guess I was wrong."  This conversation is painful to watch. 

Very painful. But I'm seeing a depth to Jessica that I never suspected . And him ..........I just don't get It. He's just numb, almost incoherent. I'm not faulting him, he's obviously totally inarticulate at this point. Painfully so. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 3

Jess: Do you act like that in the real world?
Cody: At times, yes.

This is so uncomfortable to watch because it's not even about the gameplay anymore. Even for this show, I feel like I just intruded on a private conversation that I shouldn't have been watching. Now Jessica's left and their conversation was not very helpful. I now wonder if they can patch things up in the next few days, because as much time as there is to fix it, their problem clearly runs deeper than the game.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cody is telling Mark that they need a way to get Jess off the block, then she doesn't use the hex and he goes home.  This is exactly what Paul wants.  Cody doesn't want to be the person responsible for messing up her game.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 1
Just now, Skycatcher said:

Very painful. But I'm seeing a depth to Jessica that I never suspected . And him ..........I just don't get It. He's just numb, almost incoherent. I'm not faulting him for hes obviously totally inarticulate at this point. Painfully so. 

I think I can see his side a little bit. I've maintained that I've shared some qualities to Cody. Not to his extent, but I think he can't deal with emotions very well. He' brutally honest but dealing with emotions and talking about them is probably not his strong suit; hence, his inability to really fix thing. He is smart enough to know what he can and can't provide for Jessica, and he's honest with her. 

9 minutes ago, zorak said:

Paul may very well get what he wants this week. 

Yeah, which makes me mad because him and Josh both just helped ruin two relationships and they could end up being extremely smug about it. Which...no, Paul. 

Christmas telling Paul and his Minions about her conversation with Jessica. Paul dictating who gets to speak when, of course. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Cody says that Jess is part of a social scene that he doesn't understand but has to respect.  He says he will never be part of a social scene.  That's the understatement of the year.  Now he's saying something about being mean to her so she won't use the hex.  He thinks he can try to repair things with her after the game.  But then he said Jess wants him to be all these things he can't be and he's not changing.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 2

I think it would be pretty hysterical if they convince her not to use the Hex because she is safe and Cody is going and then she doesn't use it and they vote her out instead.

I know it's not going to happen, but the thought made me chuckle. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think I can see his side a little bit. I've maintained that I've shared some qualities to Cody. Not to his extent, but I think he can't deal with emotions very well. He' brutally honest but dealing with emotions and talking about them is probably not his strong suit; hence, his inability to really fix thing. He is smart enough to know what he can and can't provide for Jessica, and he's honest with her. 

Yeah, which makes me mad because him and Josh both just helped ruin two relationships and they could end up being extremely smug about it. Which...no, Paul. 

Christmas telling Paul and his Minions about her conversation with Jessica. Paul dictating who gets to speak when, of course. 

I don't like Cody and his superior breeding skills, but I felt for him a bit. He was honest with her, and she didn't like that. He's been terrible for her game, but I think she was a bit hard on him. There are days left, and lots of time to mend fences. I think they'll end up on good terms.

Seriously, of all the gross showmances in this game, couldn't Maven have been the ones to call it quits? Ugh. 

Go Kevin and Jason, I guess. The rest of these idiots are exhausting.

Paul laying it on thick to Jessica right now.

• Love 2
(edited)

Paul to Jessica:  "Do what you want.  I'm not trying to influence you at all."  Riiiiiiight.

Paul can't wait to see what Zingbot will say to Josh if Josh is still in the game at that point.  Paul says he'll bet money that Zingbot will shit on Josh the most.  Then he recounts what Zingbot said to him last year and how Zingbot told him to shut the fuck up. 

Edited by zorak
  • Love 4
(edited)

Raven just came up to Jessica, gave her a little kiss and side hug, and is trying to be all nice.  I'm sure Jess would love to punch her in the face based on what she told Elena earlier.

Jessica and Cody are hugging and one of their mics is picking up the sound of a beating heart.  Cody told her he doesn't feel like he can make her happy.

Edited by zorak
  • Love 1

Cody/Jessica 3.0. This time, it includes a hug since Cody's plan to hurt Jess by telling her that he'll continue to not be a nice person backfired. It just made her feel sorry for Cody being the way that he is. At one point, one of the mics picked up the other person's heartbeat. 

Yeah, too much time and the issue is Paul not having someone keep Jess close so she can't reconcile with Cody. 

Just now, zorak said:

Cody is trying to convince her that she will go farther in the game without him.  She doesn't want to hear it. 

This is like a depressing soap opera. I relate so much to Cody, and I do think he could have some severe PTSD from being a Marine. But goddamn, I really shouldn't like him as much as I do. He's so honest and he's legit crying. I didn't know he could cry. He's trying to be mean to Jess to get her to understand, but it ain't workin.

• Love 3

Cody told her she always tells him he's wrong.  She tells him that he is always wrong.  Somehow this turned into a kiss and another hug between them.

(edited)

Dang Cody...."I don't have many friends, I'm still single, I'm barely close to my family.." He's actually showing more emotion than she is. Very weird. I can't watch anymore. This is painful.

Is anyone actually playing this game to win (theoretically) besides Paul and Jessica, and maybe Kevin and Jason? Everyone following Paul, Cody laying his game down for Jessica... 

I'm going to go watch a flashback of Kevin talking about coaching little league.

ETA, had to watch the end. They made up, and are back in bed. That was fast, lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 2

Jessica says she can't not use the hex on Cody.  Maybe Paul won't get what he wants this week.

Just now, Scout Finch said:

I'm on the verge of breaking down and getting the live feeds.

Do it!  This is the first year I've had them and I'm so glad I did it.

Jessica and Cody are now back to sharing the same bed.  Paul will not be pleased with this development.

• Love 2

It can't possibly be, because they're both idiots with little to no game sense, but it'd be so amazing if Jessica had talked Cody into staging a two-person version of Dan's Funeral.

• Love 2

It is amazing how Paul gets away with this every week. He isolates whoever his target is and then goes after those who talk to said person with his "its all about perception" speech . And on the other hand, Josh tells Mark, you are a grown ass man and if Dom is your friend you should have talked to her.

How does Elena listen to this guy and not see this? That Paul does this every week.

• Love 2

Paul is telling Elena and Mark that there was a backup plan.  Elena says she thought she was his backup plan for going on the block.  Paul tells her she was part of the plan but she wasn't his target.  She says it was Josh and he tells her no it was someone else because he's been hearing stuff.  He isn't saying Alex's name at all even though that's who he's talking about.  I hope Elena realizes that she really was his target but I doubt she will.

1 hour ago, SiobhanJW said:

I think it would be pretty hysterical if they convince her not to use the Hex because she is safe and Cody is going and then she doesn't use it and they vote her out instead.

I know it's not going to happen, but the thought made me chuckle. 

The hex is used BEFORE they vote? I thought it is used after they vote and right before Julie announces who is evicted. It make sense to use it before because it is to stop an eviction. 

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

These are some of the best fights and break ups in one night about 4 or 5 seasons.  

I'm cracking the fuck up! 

I have to give Christmas her props in hustling her social game when shit hit the fan! 

Jessica rejecting Raven's hug had me crying. 

Marlena breaks up.  

Like wow. 

I want to thank Jessica for floppin with her HOH and letting people know of her hex.  We wouldn't had gotten all this if she didn't. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

The hex is used BEFORE they vote? I thought it is used after they vote and right before Julie announces who is evicted. It make sense to use it before because it is to stop an eviction. 

She has to use it before they vote, by reciting that weird incantation. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Cody admitting he has no friends and not close to his family is sending a message he is not receiving.  It makes sense that he fell in love with Jessica and attached himself so quickly.   He has not been able to get this far with a woman in real life.  Jessica- is this how you act in real life?   Cody- at times, yes.   He is so angry.  I am not going to change, this is who I am.  I will do this every damn time.  Does it make you happy to be disassociated from everyone around you?  Yes, he says.  

Oh my.  Can I just go back to how I was in the beginning of the game, quiet and just win competitions?  

Mark is a sad case, too. 

Matt is wearing a nicotine patch and I think he has a bowl of cereal every time he wants a cigarette.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Feeds are on.  They are all studying for the veto comp.  They got clues on the TV.  A storm is coming, and they are getting weather details to memorize.  I don't see Cody or Jessica in any study group so far.  

Damn, now fish. I wonder if it was a mistake to show us the little that I caught.  Not dogs though. 

(edited)

Ravien whines, I wanna win.  Matt said, you're not going to beat Paul.  Paul says, you may.

They are talking about going back to sleep.  Yuh, just when they hit sleep there is going to be another weather alert.  Lol. I have seen this before. 

Edited by wings707

Jessica just emerged, walked into bathroom, ignored Christmas.  She is in a mood.  Christmas asked her if she was okay, Jess shook her head.  Hug.  Left room without a word.  

Jess went back to bed with Cody.  

Back to the TV! 

Jess and Cody must not care. 

Josh is hopelessly dim witted.  They are trying to recite what the heard and study as a group. They have to shush Josh, he comes out with random facts and it screws them up.  

Matt is combing his beard and not trying to study.  Useless. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I never really understood why they kicked Scott out during season four, when he threw a chair in a completely empty room.  However, they allowed Dick, Amanda, and Josh to get away with much worse actions. 

I remember reading that he wasn't actually expelled -- he walked after deciding that he couldn't bear living with his ex, Amanda, whom he clearly still had feelings for. Production decided it was too boring to say that he voluntarily left, so they claimed he was "removed" from the house (similar to BB11 Chima). I believe it, since they had no issue with Dick burning Jen with a cigarette, Amanda attempting to kill Elissa with a door, etc.

I don't think Mark has any shot of winning the game, so I kinda hope he IS expelled for bludgeoning Josh with cookware.

Also, in lieu of a traditional All Stars 2, can they please put together a Big Brother: Second Chances season consisting of awesome women whose games were tanked by awful men? Diane without Drew, Erika without Mike, Keesha without Dan/Memphis, Britney without The Brigade, Shelli without Clay, Natalie without James, Jessica without Cody... I'd watch!

• Love 10

So, to recap from last night - because I saw some of it and I'm still confused:

After noms, Cody and Jessica argue with Paul in the HoH. Cody gets sweary, Paul throws him out and then does the biggest bitch moves in verbal fights by continued to poke the bear while yelling at him to walk away and then giving him shit for walking away. 

As the fight spilled out onto the staircase, Josh feels the fight vibes in the air and decides to go after Mark again. He hits all the usual Josh fight notes: I'm a human being, at least I'm a man, no respect, etc. At some point, he grabs the pots and pans and Mark disarms him while looking lovely in his neon tutu (that yellowy green is a great colour for him). 

At some point, Jessica and Cody break up. And then they don't. And then they do. But then they have sex in one of the public bedrooms downstairs. And maybe Mark and Elena have gone their separate ways? Or maybe not, who really cares about them. Not even Elena cares. 

And then to top it off, Big Brother kept them up all night for the Veto comp with the video messages. 

So... with everything that happened and all the things that changed, everything is pretty much still the same? 

I guess Mark in a tutu was comedy at least. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

His response? "I'm not provoking a fight." Bull fucking shit, you aren't. You know what you're doing. 

I don't know why I'm getting heated over this. This whole thing is stupid.

Because mark doesn't deserve it!  He always tries to be calm and cool when talking to josh. And then josh continually shits on him. Mark told Elena that he was bullied as a child and that's why he eventually blew up on josh. And josh can't get over the dumb hot sauce and pickle juice! Even when mark reminds him that he also threw ranch and ketchup on him. 

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

This is like a depressing soap opera. I relate so much to Cody, and I do think he could have some severe PTSD from being a Marine. But goddamn, I really shouldn't like him as much as I do. He's so honest and he's legit crying. I didn't know he could cry. He's trying to be mean to Jess to get her to understand, but it ain't workin.

And having a brother die a few years ago probably doesn't help either. 

7 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Dang Cody...."I don't have many friends, I'm still single, I'm barely close to my family.." He's actually showing more emotion than she is. Very weird. I can't watch anymore. This is painful.

Is anyone actually playing this game to win (theoretically) besides Paul and Jessica, and maybe Kevin and Jason? Everyone following Paul, Cody laying his game down for Jessica... 

I'm going to go watch a flashback of Kevin talking about coaching little league.

ETA, had to watch the end. They made up, and are back in bed. That was fast, lol.

I think the family part is false. From what I know he's close to his family. 

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Feeds are on.  They are all studying for the veto comp.  They got clues on the TV.  A storm is coming, and they are getting weather details to memorize.  I don't see Cody or Jessica in any study group so far.  

Damn, now fish. I wonder if it was a mistake to show us the little that I caught.  Not dogs though. 

I loved the weather comp last season!!! 

But did Paul win that one.....? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Cody admitting he has no friends and not close to his family is sending a message he is not receiving.  It makes sense that he fell in love with Jessica and attached himself so quickly.   He has not been able to get this far with a woman in real life.  Jessica- is this how you act in real life?   Cody- at times, yes.   He is so angry.  I am not going to change, this is who I am.  I will do this every damn time.  Does it make you happy to be disassociated from everyone around you?  Yes, he says.  

These are the classic signs of PTSD. Everyone knows about flashbacks being a symptom, but there's much more to it. Having worked for 30 years with veterans, I witnessed the ones who suffered the most were the ones who isolated themselves.  they never talked about their experiences, they are angry, they are uncomfortable in social situations.  The most severe are the ones that find a cabin in an isolated area and retreat to spend their lives there.  The women married to these veterans got a husband back much different from what they married.  some of them went thru hell dealing with them.  

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, zorak said:

Elena says she feels comfortable with her relationship with Paul but not with the others. 

Of fucking course.

8 hours ago, zorak said:

Paul may very well get what he wants this week. 

Of fucking course.

1 hour ago, JediDVguy said:

I don't think Mark has any shot of winning the game, so I kinda hope he IS expelled for bludgeoning Josh with cookware.

Mark didn't touch Josh with the pots. He just grabbed them out of his hands.

32 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So... with everything that happened and all the things that changed, everything is pretty much still the same? 

Of fucking course.

Jessica better save Cody with the Hex. At this point, I need all these people to not get what they want.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So, to recap from last night - because I saw some of it and I'm still confused:

After noms, Cody and Jessica argue with Paul in the HoH. Cody gets sweary, Paul throws him out and then does the biggest bitch moves in verbal fights by continued to poke the bear while yelling at him to walk away and then giving him shit for walking away. 

As the fight spilled out onto the staircase, Josh feels the fight vibes in the air and decides to go after Mark again. He hits all the usual Josh fight notes: I'm a human being, at least I'm a man, no respect, etc. At some point, he grabs the pots and pans and Mark disarms him while looking lovely in his neon tutu (that yellowy green is a great colour for him). 

At some point, Jessica and Cody break up. And then they don't. And then they do. But then they have sex in one of the public bedrooms downstairs. And maybe Mark and Elena have gone their separate ways? Or maybe not, who really cares about them. Not even Elena cares. 

And then to top it off, Big Brother kept them up all night for the Veto comp with the video messages. 

I guess Mark in a tutu was comedy at least. 

Lol.  You got the gist.  One correction.  Cody deserved what he got from Paul, he was being an ass. 

16 minutes ago, watch2much said:

These are the classic signs of PTSD. Everyone knows about flashbacks being a symptom, but there's much more to it. Having worked for 30 years with veterans, I witnessed the ones who suffered the most were the ones who isolated themselves.  they never talked about their experiences, they are angry, they are uncomfortable in social situations.  The most severe are the ones that find a cabin in an isolated area and retreat to spend their lives there.  The women married to these veterans got a husband back much different from what they married.  some of them went thru hell dealing with them.  

Thanks. It is sad.  The simultaneous truth is that he is impossible to live with.  Even with PTSD you have to live the consequences of your actions.  Hopefully that drives him to seek help.  It is not the responsibility of the HGs to cut him slack, knowing or suspecting this is the case.  I know you are not saying they should.  Just sharing my thoughts.  :^)  

LOL @peachmangosteen.  I don't think Paul is going to get his way this time.  If Jess is not able to convince the veto winner not to use it and she is taken down, she will use the hex on Cody.  Either way she will use it.  That is not what Paul wants.  He wants Cody gone.  

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

Lol.  You got the gist.  One correction.  Cody deserved what he got from Paul, he was being an ass. 

Eh. I watched the Paul and Cody fight video that was linked from Twitter. I'd disagree. Paul looked really good in the argument - until he started to tell Cody to leave the HoH. Because once Cody did, Paul started throwing barbs at him to entice him to come back in and fight. And then Paul would demand that he leave. So Cody did. And then Paul rushed out of the HoH room before the door could full shut to yell more "You're a pussy bitch" shit at Cody and accuse him of running down the stairs and away from the fight... that Paul told him to walk away from in the beginning.

They were both dicks but Paul certainly wasn't blameless in that situation. When you've already awoken the beast, you don't continue to poke him and tell him not to react. 

• Love 19

Ugh, yes, I so agree @Callaphera. Paul was such a dick in that 'fight.' And then he retold it literally 700 times afterwards, like the attention-seeking asshole he is. 

I am stunned that literally every single one of these people is still up Paul's ass. It's just, wow. These people are all deeply stupid.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Eh. I watched the Paul and Cody fight video that was linked from Twitter. I'd disagree. Paul looked really good in the argument - until he started to tell Cody to leave the HoH. Because once Cody did, Paul started throwing barbs at him to entice him to come back in and fight. And then Paul would demand that he leave. So Cody did. And then Paul rushed out of the HoH room before the door could full shut to yell more "You're a pussy bitch" shit at Cody and accuse him of running down the stairs and away from the fight... that Paul told him to walk away from in the beginning.

They were both dicks but Paul certainly wasn't blameless in that situation. When you've already awoken the beast, you don't continue to poke him and tell him not to react. 

Yes, I watched it.  Paul has maintained his cool around Cody and lost it.  So what?  Cody has been in a constant state of anger everyday he has been in the house except times Paul has engaged him in talk about motorcycles etc.  He deserved it.   Cody has no leg to stand on when blasting others for their lack or loyalty or whatever bug is up his ass.   Who the hell does he think he is?  

• Love 2