Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Phaeacia

As Michael, Lincoln and the remaining Ogygia gang attempt to escape Yemen, they find themselves fleeing from a vengeful Cyclops; the pursuit of the escapees leads A&W and Van Gogh to Graceland.

Title Note: The last island Odysseus visited before arriving home - i.e. Ithaca - was settled by people that ripped off a bunch of Cyclopses. Phaex was the pirate leader that named the island after himself. He was also a son of Posiedon...

• Love 1

Eh, another filler episode. Highlights include a screwdriver to the eye and adorable children with fireworks. Oh, and some weird ass Elvis wannabe? WTH was that? 

It's hard to think about this episode after accidentally watching next week's previews. No spoilers from me on that, though. I usually avoid them for all shows for this very reason. 

• Love 1

I felt like this episode was made up of car commercial footage. The scenery was gorgeous (especially when Michael was stumbling against the night sky) but repetitive. 

I'm glad Cyclops is dead. Of course Michael was self sacrificing with the rock game. I love how much faith Lincoln has in his little bro. I knew the fireworks were going to come into play. 

A pretty slow episode that was followed by an awesome promo. 

I really hate the 2 agents. They are so lame. The writers have too many supposed big bads for such a short season.

Can Jacob be the next one to die pretty please? 

• Love 3

Traveller 1: Hey I heard about this place where everyone lives off the grid but nobody can find it.....

Traveller 2: It is definitely not where all those gulls are circling or where the nightly fireworks are or where some dude keeps bellowing "Michael"....

• Love 6

MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

He BETTER not DIE!!!

Can't Whinster just STFU if he can't say anything useful???I want him to die just so people will stop bothering Michael with stupidass questions about what Michael "did" to that stupid, whining Fuck.

Boo! No Sara this week. But Freakin' WAHOO

at the reunion and kissy kissy and Sucre! And FINALLY out of the desert!

Michael and Linc continue to make my ?????and ??at the same time!

So Kellerman is really dead? I expect him to show up in the finale because I didn't see no funeral!

• Love 1

I really hate the 2 agents. They are so lame. The writers have too many supposed big bads for such a short season.

Every season of Prison Break must have a handful of really bad actors. Those two are definitely them for this season.

So it wasn't just me bored? The Michael/Cyclops car chase was so endless and pointless - the latter because it's not like Michael's going to die this season, folks. We know that much. And watching Wentworth Miller drive a car is not putting our precious few episodes of Wentworth Miller watching to good use.

• Love 4

I guess I'm in the minority; I liked this episode. I mean, sure, it was predictable and the assassins are horrible actors, but I was still entertained for an hour. 

Although I can't wait for next week!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I guess I'm in the minority; I liked this episode. I mean, sure, it was predictable and the assassins are horrible actors, but I was still entertained for an hour. 

Although I can't wait for next week!!

Eh? Not just you. Did my post come off as me not liking it??

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

I'm glad Cyclops is dead. Of course Michael was self sacrificing with the rock game. I love how much faith Lincoln has in his little bro. I knew the fireworks were going to come into play. 

Can Jacob be the next one to die pretty please? 

Followed immediately by the female assassin? Please? I HATE her. 

I'm starting to like Ja more than I did; when you get him off the rubbing alcohol he seems okay. So I figure he'll probably die. I still don't like Whip, though. He may also die, but I won't miss him. Not that I really care that much about any of them, except for Michael and Linc. I'm mostly just here for the Wentworth. :)

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure Cyclops is dead. Like Kellerman, if we didn't see it, it may not have happened.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Not just you. Did my post come off as me not liking it??

Out of 5 posts, you were the only one who seemed to like it.  So it's me and you - we're still the minority. ;-)

• Love 2

I didn't hate the episode, but my mind wanders when there are all completely new characters onscreen. I've enjoyed all the episodes for different reasons, but I can't help but think that the writers are using their time incorrectly. There shouldn't be any filler stuff and twenty percent of this episode was watching cars drive through a desert.

• Love 3

This is the good part about being new to the series....they're *all* new to me, except for Linc and Michael, so I'm not hung up on seeing old characters over new ones or vice versa.

As long as there's lots of Linc and Michael (especially Linc), I'm good. I liked the episode fine.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

...There shouldn't be any filler stuff and twenty percent of this episode was watching cars drive through a desert.

I didn't mind that part though, because at least they were going somewhere.  They are escaping!

• Love 2

I still can't comprehend why the 2 Posiedon idiots thought terrorizing and/or killing Sara and Lincoln was a good way to kill Michael. Why not sit back and use her or them as bait? It just makes no sense if he's the ultimate goal. Watch and wait, and don't put them on alert. They know he's tried to contact Sara before, and finally succeeded a couple eps ago. She knows he's alive now and he would surely want to see his son, if nothing else. I guess their bad guy game is about as good as their acting. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

I still can't comprehend why the 2 Posiedon idiots thought terrorizing and/or killing Sara and Lincoln was a good way to kill Michael. Why not sit back and use her or them as bait? It just makes no sense if he's the ultimate goal. Watch and wait, and don't put them on alert. They know he's tried to contact Sara before, and finally succeeded a couple eps ago. She knows he's alive now and he would surely want to see his son, if nothing else. I guess their bad guy game is about as good as their acting. 

PREACH!

That woman incompetent boob is so flat and wooden in her acting, that all I could do was ?????when she told the NSA fuck buddy that their "exact weekend" was off. Like I give any bluedilly fucks about their sex lives.

What got me and made me grin like a tween was Michael whispering Sara's name as he lay in the sand and we got REAL flashbacks from season one! Their FIRST KISS!???????

What?

And flashbacks to Linc and the "have a little faith." What would be PERFECT is if I we could get to see LJ- AND played by Marshall!!!!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

Every season of Prison Break must have a handful of really bad actors. Those two are definitely them for this season.

So it wasn't just me bored? The Michael/Cyclops car chase was so endless and pointless - the latter because it's not like Michael's going to die this season, folks. We know that much. And watching Wentworth Miller drive a car is not putting our precious few episodes of Wentworth Miller watching to good use.

Nope. I was bored too. And I can't wait for them to get out of that f-ing country already and that ISIL storyline to be over. Only 3 episodes left and so far no MISA interaction, drama or angst (and honestly the only reason I'm watching).

I also think the actor who plays Whip is really really bad. I rolled my eyes every time he was on screen.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Out of 5 posts, you were the only one who seemed to like it.  So it's me and you - we're still the minority. ;-)

Bored =/= dislike, at least for me. More like ambivalent. I just want every episode to be EVERYTHING okay?!?!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, deux said:

Only 3 episodes left and so far no MISA interaction, drama or angst (and honestly the only reason I'm watching).

I also think the actor who plays Whip is really really bad. I rolled my eyes every time he was on screen.

Ummm, at the risk of sounding like a moron, what is MISA?

And agree on Whip. I call him the Fuckstery Whinester, because all he's done is fucking WHINE!WHINE!WHINE!???

48 minutes ago, TheGourmez said:

Bored =/= dislike, at least for me. More like ambivalent. I just want every episode to be EVERYTHING okay?!?!

Haha, fair enough. Though "endless" and "pointless" also gave me the impression that you didn't like it. ;)

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ummm, at the risk of sounding like a moron, what is MISA?

And agree on Whip. I call him the Fuckstery Whinester, because all he's done is fucking WHINE!WHINE!WHINE!???

Honey, where have you been all these years? MISA = Michael+Sara

Re Whip: The constant whining plus his annoying voice, f-ing hate this character. I hope he disappears for good once they're back in the States.

I wish someone would offer Wentworth the lead in a good pilot. I think he is far too talented for this preposterous show or guest appearances on The Flash/The CW.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, deux said:

Honey, where have you been all these years? MISA = Michael+Sara

OHHHHH! It's one of those mashup couple portmanteaus!!! ???‍♀️Like I stated in the previous seasons thread, I somehow missed this show when it first premiered, but caught it and got hooked on it when I went to India in 2013 and watched it on one of the channels that aired American shows. I'm just grateful that the Censor Board didn't delete those scenes of their kisses!??

Re Whip: The constant whining plus his annoying voice, f-ing hate this character. I hope he disappears for good once they're back in the States.

For REALZ! ????I've wanted him to BITE IT since we first saw him! ??But then Michael would feel guilty, and I don't want that for him!

I wish someone would offer Wentworth the lead in a good pilot. I think he is far too talented for this preposterous show or guest appearances on The Flash/The CW.

He is very talented-but he's said that Captain Cold/Snart is his favorite character to play!?‍♀️ I suspect it's because that's his favorite comic book character! He said it in the Comic Con panel I posted in the media thread a couple weeks back.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Stupid autocorrect comes up with the most nonsensical replacements!?
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

OHHHHH! It's one of those mashup couple portmanteaus!!! ???‍♀️Like I stated in the previous seasons thread, I somehow missed this show when it first premiered, but caught it and got hooked on it when I went to India in 2013 and watched it on one of the channels that aired American shows. I'm just grateful that the Censor Board didn't delete those scenes of their kisses!??

For REALZ! ????I've wanted him to BITE IT since we first saw him! ??But then Michael would feel guilty, and I don't want that for him!

He is very talented-but he's said that Captain Cold/Snart is his favorite character to play!?‍♀️ I suspect it's because that's his favorite comic book character! He said it in the Comic Con panel I posted in the media thread a couple weeks back.

I think he was lying. He stated on another show that he wasn't allowed to read comic books as a kid. He probably never read a comic book in his life or heard of Captain Cold before. But hey, everyone's got bills to pay!

On topic: Big car chase. Wow. Whip still not dead? Sh-t. Fireworks. Yeah.

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Haha, fair enough. Though "endless" and "pointless" also gave me the impression that you didn't like it. ;)

You got me. I did hate the car chase. But not the episode! The fireworks idea was cool! Though I totally expected Michael to also see the gulls and just stumble in and people to be all HOW?! and he'd just saw "Gulls, bro, duh," before passing out.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Even if he didn't read comics growing up, I choose to believe he wasn't lying about Snart being his favorite character to play, at least at the time of the panel -- because it makes me happy. :-)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

Even if he didn't read comics growing up, I choose to believe he wasn't lying about Snart being his favorite character to play, at least at the time of the panel -- because it makes me happy. :-)

And he's back as Snart next week on The Flash in all his cheesy, scenery chewing, bad puns glory!!!!??????

The difference is like Night and Day with these two characters!

• Love 2

Didn't they say it was 300 miles across the desert?  How far had they gone before their map died?  It seemed like them finding the Phaeacia was way too easy.  And then Michael crawling there wounded at night?

Of course, they could have avoided all that had they simply killed Cyclops when they had the chance in an earlier episode.  Never leave ISIS alive. That's a good rule.  

• Love 1

Even though the previous seasons were very unrealistic, S5 is beyond preposterous!!!All these episodes are nothing but filler with the exception of the first one. They could have done so much better! 

Why was Michael willing to sacrifice himself to save Whip and the drug addict? 

Why do I think C-note is dead? 

I didn't watch the previews for next week, but I'll assume Michael isn't dead.  And because this show is so ridiculous, I'll assume Sucre is docking his boat in the exact place where Michael and Lincoln, etc are. 

Again, no T-bag, Sucre or Sara this week. I'd much rather see them on my screen than those two bumbling "professional" killers. 

Hey, there's no law that says old people can't read comic books. Assuming Wentworth doesn't still live with his parents, I'm guessing he's read a few of them by now, rules or no rules growing up.

• Love 6
On 10.05.2017. at 4:14 PM, AmeliaBedelia said:

I can't help but think that the writers are using their time incorrectly. There shouldn't be any filler stuff

This has been my overall impression so far. You've only got nine episodes, they should be tight! I'm just feeling like I'm twiddling my thumbs here until the finale or possibly the last two episodes when things will finally start moving.

Michael's flashbacks also got me to thinking that they're not using Mike Jr. correctly either. Jacob's further motivation for inserting himself into Sara's life could be her child. He could be suspecting him to be the same type of genius that Michael is and Christina was. I know the show is still playing coy with Jacob's character, but they could have shown him encouraging Mike in developing his skills. Show him like an involved stepdad solving some complex puzzles or something, only to later reveal it was him assessing the kid's capacity and/or training him for the future.

They are going in the direction of Lincoln/Sheba. ? I just can't help thinking that she deserves better than a dude whose brother sacrificed himself for his sake only to end up back to being a common street thug afew years after he had a decent life in the sun. That part is apparently still true, since Sara mentioned Panama and Linc's shop in the first episode. 

15 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Why was Michael willing to sacrifice himself to save Whip and the drug addict? 

Why do I think C-note is dead? 

They have to play a part in later stages of Michael's plan. He specifically mentioned Ja's big beautiful brain when he isn't high. And Whip... I don't know if he's just security or if Michael sees him as a bigger asset.

As for C-Note, I just think it wasn't cost-effective to pay Rockmond Dunbar to just talk on the phone to Linc, when Sheba accomplished the same while simultaneously paving the way for her and Linc getting together.

For the entire chase sequence, I just kept thinking that all of that would have been avoided, had they just killed the Cyclops guy last episode.  I mean, I know there would be an argument that he was defenseless and whatnot, but he has already shown he was a dangerous man, who had already killed one of their own, so why risk it?  They've already got blood on their hands, here.  Hopefully, he's dead now, but now Michael seems to be infected by the wound (?), so he's in pretty bad shape.  Granted, I doubt they're going to kill Michael Schofield.... again.

Sounds like they're setting up Whip to possibly turn on the group, due to feeling unappreciated and not trusting Michael.  Sigh.... it's hard to find good help, these days.  Again, where is poor, awesome, loyal Sucre?!

If they all make it back, I certainly know what Lincoln and Sheba will be doing!

Poseidon agents are already out on bail and.... just sneaking into the NSA and watching the gang through drones?  That's all they got.  Oh, and I guess we find out that the woman agent is either lesbian or bi.  And I kind of wish they cast the actress playing the NSA fling as the agent instead, since she's pretty good as Echo on The 100.

Still enjoyed it, but it was another filler episode. I had figured they would have gotten out of the Middle East by now, and deal with the Poseidon guy, but if I didn't know any better, I would think they were saving all that for next season, which I'm not sure if that's even happening. 

• Love 1

Not only did they not kill Cyclops when they had the chance before; whyyy didn't they pick up at least one of those AK47's after the tanker explosion? Considering, they knew they had no weapons...oh yeah, because plot, derp. I find it annoying when shows play fast and loose with characterisations: Michael is super intelligent when he needs to be, but something simple like - they have zero weapons, which is kinda a big problem when being chased by terrorists, but it doesn't occur to him (never mind anyone else) to pick up even ONE of the guns that are just laying around a few feet away before they leave, mmmkay.

• Love 3

Whip did kill the "most dangerous terrorist" after telling him how he would do it. [homage to True Lies] So the guy is still important, though undeniably annoying......

• Love 2

Episode 5 and episode 4 were kinda underwhelming . I was bored at times during the last episode, finding myself figuring out all the twists. Too much cliche too little depth. I am more interested in the New York sidestory with Sara and T-bag. Lets hope it gets back to the level of entertainment episodes 1-3 provided.

The two characters I am most interested in right now are the Korean guy (was waiting since last epi for someone to mention his name, I thought I heard it as Jun, but I could be wrong) , who is the most fascinating character for me right now (nonchalant but lethal, and that scene to the soundtrack of We Are The Champions was so, so good ) and T-Bag (whose convo with Sara actually works pretty well). I couldn't care less if we never saw C-Note again and I much as I like the actor who plays Sucre, I'd still trade him for more Theodore Bagwell in a heartbeat.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, NutMeg said:

The two characters I am most interested in right now are the Korean guy (was waiting since last epi for someone to mention his name, I thought I heard it as Jun, but I could be wrong) , who is the most fascinating character for me right now (nonchalant but lethal, and that scene to the soundtrack of We Are The Champions was so, so good ) 

It's Ja.

• Love 1

Thanks bijoux ( I feel compelled to add choux, cailloux, genoux, joujoux, hiboux, poux - sorry, it's an embedded compulsion that dates from way back and that your name brought back to the fore  :)...)   

(edited)

I know Cyclops has a gun, but there are four guys, and you want to leave it to one to ambush him?  Why not at least two?  Also, when he was refueling, they just sat around talking?  Why not start driving so they could gain more distance then do the split and make him choose which way to go?  And just stick a giant ass rock on the pedal and let the car drive itself?  Or set up a roadblock with rocks to ambush?  And none of them took the guns from any of the Isis soldiers earlier (as was mentioned earlier)?  And Cyclops is supposed to be a terrifying antagonist?  Even his own buddies shun him.

And the Poseidon guys are now like questioning the point of their mission?  You mean randomly shooting people and breaking into their houses didn't cause them to question already?  But it was the fact that Outis killed the Isis guy that turns their world upside down?  Either be mindless mercenaries or not.  I still watch because I love...but it is fun to hate-watch as well.

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2017 at 1:41 AM, bijoux said:

Michael's flashbacks also got me to thinking that they're not using Mike Jr. correctly either. Jacob's further motivation for inserting himself into Sara's life could be her child. He could be suspecting him to be the same type of genius that Michael is and Christina was. I know the show is still playing coy with Jacob's character, but they could have shown him encouraging Mike in developing his skills. Show him like an involved stepdad solving some complex puzzles or something, only to later reveal it was him assessing the kid's capacity and/or training him for the future.

#projectchristmas #arvinsloane #AliasFTW

• Love 1