Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I've known since the 80's Christy Brinkley is an airhead. She used to do Carson a lot and she could barely form a complete sentence. One time she was tell a story about her modeling days and seeing a spider. She said she screamed and she preceded to do the "scream" for Johnny. Johnny looked at her and said, "So, you really screamed like that?". Even, he was embarrased with her recalling the story. It was then and there when I thought she's HOT but a total airhead.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

Christie Brinkley managed to mention her book and casually mention "It was a New York Times bestseller" so, nah, she's not an airhead.

About the Kevin Spacey thing.  I am, in no way, defending him but I have one question that has yet to be asked.  Where were this 14 year old's parents?  I know he was not the average kid but he had to have parents or at least a guardian.  Did they just let this kid run all over Manhattan?  In the 80's?  Cause that sounds safe.  Especially considering he was on Broadway which meant he could've had weirdo stalkers and fans.  I'll be damned if I let my 14 year old go to an adult party where there will be drinking without me tagging along.  That's my question, where were this kid's parents.

Anthony Rapp speaks to this point in the actual article:

He was meeting a lot of actors during that period, enjoying the time-honored custom of late-night, post-show gatherings at which many different Broadway casts would eat and mingle. Rapp had relocated from Joliet, Illinois, with his mother Mary for the run of the play; he'd even taken the semester off from school. Sometimes his mother would accompany him to those events, but sometimes she'd let him go alone.

Rapp said he encountered Spacey again at one of those post-show functions, when a 17-year-old friend from Joliet was visiting him in New York. "And he was like, 'Hey! Hi! Come join us!'" Rapp said. Spacey then invited both boys to join him at the popular nightclub Limelight, even though, as Rapp explained, “I looked younger than 14.”

"I don't know how— We got in through the front door," Rapp continued. "We didn't have to show ID. And we sat with him in some VIP area." Rapp noted that he had no memory of being offered alcohol — "It was just a fun night just talking and hanging out," he said — and at some point, Spacey invited him to attend a party he was hosting a few days later at his Manhattan apartment.

He went, gladly, and alone. Rapp said he honestly cannot recall what he told his mother — who died from cancer in 1997 — about the party, but he stressed that the idea of him attending a party held by an adult Broadway actor did not seem like a cause for concern. "I imagine that I might be opening my poor late mother up to some criticisms for how she parented, but, you know, it was a different era," he said. "I went to work by myself. I would walk to the subway, and go to the theater by myself.”

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Christie Brinkley managed to mention her book and casually mention "It was a New York Times bestseller" so, nah, she's not an airhead.

You can write a book and still be a flake. I'm sure she had ghost writers.  I can't even imagine what the book was about. "How to be 63 and look like you're 40"? or "How to be one of the most beautiful women in the world and still have your sleazy husband cheat on you"?.  Hey, nothing against Christy, I just thought she was really annoying and all the talk about her kids was boring. 

• Love 6

Dumb me. When I previously saw Christy Brinkley, I thought all that was natural. Then I found out she does injections and fillers. She looks great, don't get me wrong. I just hate how it's suggested she looks like that because of what she eats or a beauty regime. Well. I guess if beauty regime includes Botox or surgery, then that would be accurate. She still has a nice shape but I can't help but wonder of she's had work done there as well.  

To be clear, I'm not really against extra "help". What bothers me is when folks push certain products for a buck when it's not allll natural. Like when Nicole Kidman did that Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair commercial. Like, really girl? Sideeying you too, Neutrogena.

Can I just give props to the person tasked with dressing Wendy? It can't be easy with her rather odd shape. Sometimes she looks FABULOUS from the front. Then she turns to the side and it just looks really really weird. The day she had Mr Oz on comes to mind. The huge boobs and the super tiny waist + no butt is not a great look. Generally speaking, she looks nice in dresses, particularly the wrap ones. Didn't care for those weird pearl jeans, the white tank and the bedazzeled jean jacket on Friday. The wig wasn't very flattering either. 

That Tyrese video cracked me the fuck up. Was he acting? LOL

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Stacee said:

Dumb me. When I previously saw Christy Brinkley, I thought all that was natural. Then I found out she does injections and fillers. She looks great, don't get me wrong. I just hate how it's suggested she looks like that because of what she eats or a beauty regime. Well. I guess if beauty regime includes Botox or surgery, then that would be accurate. She still has a nice shape but I can't help but wonder of she's had work done there as well.  

To be clear, I'm not really against extra "help". What bothers me is when folks push certain products for a buck when it's not allll natural. Like when Nicole Kidman did that Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair commercial. Like, really girl? Sideeying you too, Neutrogena.

Can I just give props to the person tasked with dressing Wendy? It can't be easy with her rather odd shape. Sometimes she looks FABULOUS from the front. Then she turns to the side and it just looks really really weird. The day she had Mr Oz on comes to mind. The huge boobs and the super tiny waist + no butt is not a great look. Generally speaking, she looks nice in dresses, particularly the wrap ones. Didn't care for those weird pearl jeans, the white tank and the bedazzeled jean jacket on Friday. The wig wasn't very flattering either. 

That Tyrese video cracked me the fuck up. Was he acting? LOL

ITA!!

and as for Wendy's unusual measurements..... I'm sure by now her wardrobe peeps have the alterations down to a science.  

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, Destiny74 said:

No offense taken.  However...

You don't think the parents you described in the first paragraph should take some blame?  Blaming the parents for not properly taking care of their child is in no way taking away any of Kevin Spacey's blame.  No way at all.  It does not make it ok to try and rape a 14 year old boy simply because they are alone somewhere.

As a parent it upsets me that this happened to this young man.  Really pisses me off.  It also scares the shit our of me.  I do the very best I can to protect my kids but they have to live their lives.  I would feel at fault if my child is ever assaulted.  But I would feel guilty beyond compare if I let my kid go to a party he should not have been at, and got assaulted.  That's why I wondered where the parents were, because I projected in my own situation.  Either way, I would want the assailant castrated.

And now we know Richard Dreyfuss' son, Harry, was grabbed by Spacey more than once while Richard was in the same room. Richard was distracted, and that was the moment Spacey made his move. Molesters and such can and will do things sometimes regardless of who is around. They take that moment when a parent or guardian is distracted for a moment and will commit a crime upon another. 

Parents can be proactive and put their kids in a bubble, too. The sad thing is, there are far too many predators, male and female who can and will prey on children. Parents aren't always around their children 24/7 unless they keep them homebound. Teachers have been arrested and charged for sexual assault upon students. Penn State, anyone? Who can forget the priests raping boys? 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, rcc said:

Who's the moderator for this forum? In Chrome every time I open this thread there is audio spam. In Firefox nothing. Strange but annoying.

Report your own post and describe the issues you're having. That should get it to the right people. I just saw that you started a thread in the Bugs forum. Have you tried clearing out your browser cookies?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Report your own post and describe the issues you're having. That should get it to the right people. I just saw that you started a thread in the Bugs forum. Have you tried clearing out your browser cookies?

I did clear out the browser. I guess nobody else has the problem here. This is the first time it's happened to me on this website.

Just now seeing WW in my time zone. I am not sure about what she is wearing. It's both good and bad. First I do like her in the leopard print. The belt cinched at her waist looks good too. What I don't like is the slit going up the middle-ish front of the dress. It's pretty high up there. When she first made her entrance I thought cute until she pulled the two halves apart and I thought wow, isn't she a little bit old to be wearing something that goes up that high? Now she is sitting and her boobs at literally down to her belt. I'm strattling the fence with his one. 

This is about one of Wendy's co-hosts (an audience member). 

I hate to be the one to point out a sisters flaws, but there was an extreme case of "oh, honey, no!"  She was the first person Wendy spoke to when she did the 'talk to the audience' segment -- she was at least 350lbs and wearing a skin-tight green dress and some blond braids.  OMG, y'all, it was a sight. I was sitting and holding my 1 year old niece on my lap and I yelled "WHY!?!" about 6 times from pure disbelief.  I turned the channel before she spoke - I just didn't want to hear what would come out of the mouth of the woman who put on that outfit, left her house and stood up in front of TV cameras.   I guess I "profiled" her.  Was I correct or did she speak like a Harvard graduate?

I can't say I'm much smaller than her, but I would never wear something like that except in alone in my apartment.  I can appreciate someone with confidence, but you gotta know when the outfit is wrong for you.  

Edited by patty1h
sentence structure nitpick
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I hate to be the one to point out a sisters flaws, but there was an extreme case of "oh, honey, no!"  She was the first person Wendy spoke to -- she was at least 350lbs and wearing a skin-tight green dress and some blond braids.  OMG, y'all, it was a sight. I was sitting and holding my 1 year old niece on my lap and I yelled "WHY!?!" about 6 times from pure disbelief.  I turned the channel before she spoke - I just didn't want to hear what would come out of the mouth of the woman who put on that outfit, left her house and stood up in front of TV cameras.   I guess I "profiled" her.  Was I correct or did she speak like a Harvard graduate?

I can't say I'm much smaller than her, but I would never wear something like that except in alone in my apartment.  I can appreciate someone with confidence, but you gotta know when the outfit is wrong for you.  

Bwaha!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, patty1h said:

I hate to be the one to point out a sisters flaws, but there was an extreme case of "oh, honey, no!"  She was the first person Wendy spoke to when she did the 'talk to the audience' segment -- she was at least 350lbs and wearing a skin-tight green dress and some blond braids.  OMG, y'all, it was a sight. I was sitting and holding my 1 year old niece on my lap and I yelled "WHY!?!" about 6 times from pure disbelief.  I turned the channel before she spoke - I just didn't want to hear what would come out of the mouth of the woman who put on that outfit, left her house and stood up in front of TV cameras.   I guess I "profiled" her.  Was I correct or did she speak like a Harvard graduate?

Hahahah!  I usually delete the show after Hot Topics but I will watch the whole thing to catch this!  I'm also going to need you post more observations like this, because you have a way with words!  Cracking up over here....

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Hahahah!  I usually delete the show after Hot Topics but I will watch the whole thing to catch this!  I'm also going to need you post more observations like this, because you have a way with words!  Cracking up over here....

I usually delete after Hot Topics, too. She hardly ever has a guest on that I know or care about. In fact, I usually ffwd through Hot Topics if she is talking about a Real Housewife person or a rapper. Maybe, I'm too old (I'm 52) for this show?! LOL!!!!

• Love 3

I'm a few days late on this but Joy Behar was a total bitch. Why was she even on? It looked like she was filling in for someone else at the last minute and didn't want to be there. She was giving Wendy the side eye over her fainting incident which was rude and kept saying "who cares' when Wendy would ask her opinion on some current gossip. Great guest. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm a few days late on this but Joy Behar was a total bitch. Why was she even on? It looked like she was filling in for someone else at the last minute and didn't want to be there. She was giving Wendy the side eye over her fainting incident which was rude and kept saying "who cares' when Wendy would ask her opinion on some current gossip. Great guest. 

I have found Joy Behar a little too full of herself in recent years. 

• Love 3
On 11/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Does Wendy have cheek implants? They sure look pronounced today and a bit shiny. If they are implants they are probably standing out more due to her weight. 

Seems they are real. 

Wendy-Williams-Plastic-Surgery-Before-an

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, patty1h said:

I hate to be the one to point out a sisters flaws, but there was an extreme case of "oh, honey, no!"  She was the first person Wendy spoke to when she did the 'talk to the audience' segment -- she was at least 350lbs and wearing a skin-tight green dress and some blond braids.  OMG, y'all, it was a sight.

Co-signing all of this.  And I'm all for women being confident in their own skins but no.  Just no.  1000 x "No!"

• Love 2

Ya know, now I'm starting to feel like one of those conspiracy people because I'm starting to get a slight feeling that maybe Wendy IS manipulating all of this crap happening in her life, for shits and giggles.  In the span of what, 3 weeks, it comes out that her husband is screwing around, Wendy denies it all and the hubbub dies down.  Then Wendy faints on live TV and it turns out to be due to something pretty insignificant like dehydration.  That story goes away.  Now, another story about the Kevin affair just days after the last incident? 

Either 1) Kevin gives no fucks about being seen with the mystery woman,  2) Fate is determined to keep Wendy's name in the media or  3) "someone" is helping things along by manufacturing these incidents.  Catty Comment - Wendy looks ROUGH in the picture in that article.  It looks like she's wearing a Michael Jackson mask; her nose looks weirdly thin like how MJ had his chiseled down.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

FWIW She really was a scheduled guest.  A day or two before her appearance, she mentioned on The View that she was coming to see Wendy and she was going to see how she was doing (after the fainting episode). 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Ya know, now I'm starting to feel like one of those conspiracy people because I'm starting to get a slight feeling that maybe Wendy IS manipulating all of this crap happening in her life, for shits and giggles.  In the span of what, 3 weeks, it comes out that her husband is screwing around, Wendy denies it all and the hubbub dies down.  Then Wendy faints on live TV and it turns out to be due to something pretty insignificant like dehydration.  That story goes away.  Now, another story about the Kevin affair just days after the last incident? 

Either 1) Kevin gives no fucks about being seen with the mystery woman,  2) Fate is determined to keep Wendy's name in the media or  3) "someone" is helping things along by manufacturing these incidents.

Or:

1) Big Kev is working Wendy to get every last pennies worth.

2) They have a calculated exit plan (favorable to both parties) in place.

3) They no longer give a rat's ___. 

They are manipulating the media before SM manipulates the story that they want out there. Damage control before the damage really comes out. Unfortunately I don't believe that it's all in WW's best interest. Big Kev gets a percentage of her earnings and no way is he going to give up his golden ticket. He is going to dog her....just saying. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Anorexia looks like the likely reason for fainting.  Wendy got her thigh gap and more.   I don’t think she can stop.This is not just plain vegan eating plan.

This is not just plain vegan eating plan.

She’s a lot thinner than her younger competitor, his mistress, but she still doesn’t have Kevin all to her own. She gives a lot of advice but she doesn’t seem to take it herself. Damn you Wendi, you’re making me feel sorry for you.  I’m thinking Kevin has something on you and is blackmailing you. Wendi always thinks that kind of shit up But she may be  it living it.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Either 1) Kevin gives no fucks about being seen with the mystery woman,  2) Fate is determined to keep Wendy's name in the media or  3) "someone" is helping things along by manufacturing these incidents.  Catty Comment - Wendy looks ROUGH in the picture in that article.  It looks like she's wearing a Michael Jackson mask; her nose looks weirdly thin like how MJ had his chiseled down.

I had the same thought after  she came back from commercial and proclaimed that this was not a stunt. I was like what? What a curious reaction. 

And when she was back the next time, she said that she was happy that she did not faint at the mall because someone would  take her birkin when she was down????? 

Then she wears that Gucci bag with the inscription “Loved”???

bizarre, bizarre, bizarre.

On the other hand, there is no way that she is not going through something medically, she looks like death itself.

Whatever. 

I only watch the hot topics and erase the show right after. She seems to have trouble booking anybody at this point. 

This show is going down hill right now.

4 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Anorexia looks like the likely reason for fainting.  Wendy got her thigh gap and more.   I don’t think she can stop.This is not just plain vegan eating plan.

This is not just plain vegan eating plan.

She’s a lot thinner than her younger competitor, his mistress, but she still doesn’t have Kevin all to her own. She gives a lot of advice but she doesn’t seem to take it herself. Damn you Wendi, you’re making me feel sorry for you.  I’m thinking Kevin has something on you and is blackmailing you. Wendi always thinks that kind of shit up But she may be  it living it.

Whatever he has on her, can’t possibly be worst than what Mel is going thru. 

Imho, Her troubles started when little Kevin was caught doing spice. Something happened then. She has never been the same since that situation.

Something is going on. I also remember that he switched school.

• Love 3

I just wish whatever it is that Wendy would own up to it and be transparent. It bugs me that she can dish the dirt on others and then act as though all is well in her life. It obviously isn't. She might even find it freeing to let go some of what is getting pent up in her brain. As her viewers we'd probably be more supportive. Be proactive about what ever Big Kev is holding over you Wendy. It can't be that bad (or much worse than what we are seeing reportedon re: Big Kev and his side piece). Her struggle must be tough supporting two households and relationships. Especially when her support system (husband) is living in Morristown half of the time. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, patty1h said:

I go with #1. She looks too physically worn down for all that is happening to her to be just media manipulation. I don't believe Wendy would have her marriage scrutinized like this just to keep her name in the spotlight. She doesn't have to, she has a successful show. She is making more money than she ever dreamed of. If she will just realize she doesn't need that greedy asshole, finally leave him, go get a fabulous penthouse in the city and do you, Wendy, then most of her problems will go away. What's it gonna take for her to realize her own self worth? Has asshole brainwashed her in to thinking she can't go on without him? 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just wish whatever it is that Wendy would own up to it and be transparent.

Celebrities try to hide this shit all the time. The truth about their marriage starts to leak out to the public. They deny, deny, deny. They swear everything is perfect.  Then six months later, guess what! DIVORCE.  Tamar and Vince are a great example. How long have those rumors been swirling around and how long have they been denying it? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Has asshole brainwashed her in to thinking she can't go on without him? 

No, a$$hole can't go on without her. She's his biggest stream of income. Now by what means he's keeping her under his thumb is not known. 

• Love 1

We know that, Mindthinkr, but my question is why doesn't she know that? She's always going on about wanting to be a good wife and mother, cooking dinner every night, family vacations, driving the boy to his after school activities and waiting for him, etc, etc.. I can't imagine what asshole could possibly have on her. It's brainwashing, I tell ya! lol.

• Love 2

It could be something perceived and not real. As in Kev tells her that he will take her down and destroy her. Abusers know how to prey on your fears. Look at the Weinstein crap. She might say things in the home about other people that might be too catty for her to want it known that she feels that way IRL. She might have done a shady deal to get to where she is. She might have done some drugs in her earlier years or something sexual that might put her on blast. Agreed that we may never know but that's why I don't understand why she just doesn't throw it all up in the air and let the chips fall where they may. Celebrities have been forgiven (though maybe not forgotten) over some pretty nasty stuff. She should (If there is anything real) get proactive. She has a loyal fan base and some just won't give a hoot about her personal life as long as she delivers professionally. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Diane Lane is so freakin' beautiful--it makes me stabby.

Omg, right??? I saw her on another talk show a few months ago and made the same comment. Now, that is how you do botox and fillers, celebrities! Not too much but just enough. If she has had anything else done, then she has an amazing surgeon. I'm assuming she's doing something because she is in her 50's. She has always had amazing hair, too, and I don't think any of that is fake. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Diane Lane is so freakin' beautiful--it makes me stabby.

Plus her voice is so soothing and sophisticated. What a treat.

PS: She is another woman who was involved with a dude who beat the shit out of her...

• Love 6

Wendy looks terrible today.   Her wig is too far forward making her look like Theresa and even more like a drag queen.  She has to be careful.  It is time to ease up on the make up and ditch the long hair in favor of shoulder length.  She will look younger. 

• Love 2
On 11/8/2017 at 10:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

We know that, Mindthinkr, but my question is why doesn't she know that? She's always going on about wanting to be a good wife and mother, cooking dinner every night, family vacations, driving the boy to his after school activities and waiting for him, etc, etc.. I can't imagine what asshole could possibly have on her. It's brainwashing, I tell ya! lol.

I can completely understand her wanting to stay close to her son and I do think she enjoys being his mom.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It could be something perceived and not real. As in Kev tells her that he will take her down and destroy her. Abusers know how to prey on your fears. Look at the Weinstein crap. She might say things in the home about other people that might be too catty for her to want it known that she feels that way IRL. She might have done a shady deal to get to where she is. She might have done some drugs in her earlier years or something sexual that might put her on blast. Agreed that we may never know but that's why I don't understand why she just doesn't throw it all up in the air and let the chips fall where they may. Celebrities have been forgiven (though maybe not forgotten) over some pretty nasty stuff. She should (If there is anything real) get proactive. She has a loyal fan base and some just won't give a hoot about her personal life as long as she delivers professionally. 

She has already admitted that in her book.  I don't know what to think but something is up.  Telling Teresa to pretend to cheat on Joe was just weird.

• Love 2

Telling Megan Markel to act like a royal and then do whatever she pleases after the wedding was weird too.  Wendy has interviewed Sarah Ferguson before, she knows the pressure the royal is under to have a spouse conform.  Ferguson has said she still loves Andrew, she just couldn't live with the pressure from the crown any longer.  That's what broken up their marriage.   So, to tell MM to knowingly expect to break those rules...that's dangerous and quite vicious of Wendy.  No respect for Wendy at all.

• Love 8

I just don't see Wendy as this weak little frail woman who's being taken advantage of and held down or forced to do things she doesn't want to or any of a hundred other claims or concerns as to what is going on in her life. 

Unless it's all an act, she seems like she can be a real bitch and a ball buster when she wants to be.  JMO. 

• Love 2