Type keyword(s) to search

S34: Ponderosa

Wings
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I'll be avoiding Ponderosa videos now that loudmouth braggart Debbie is there. I cannot stand the sound of her voice.

I suspect that we will not see or hear too much from her. I don't remember her in too many of her seasons Ponderosa's and I think she booted the crew before giving them the obligatory oh my god I am so thin and I need to brush my teeth crap. I think she will be in 30 seconds of each video and that is all. Mainly because the others are going to want little to nothing to do with her.

• Love 3

I was able to access both Hali and Ozzie on the CBS site as I posted above.   Now they have decided I need to pay for access.  Odd.  When someone finds it elsewhere please post it, thanks.  

I didn't watch all the Kaoh Rong Ponderosa episodes, but I remember Debbie being pretty low-key when I did see her. She would usually be reading a book or talking quietly to someone, which makes her in-game schtick even more annoying since she clearly has the ability to be normal but chooses not to.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I was able to access both Hali and Ozzie on the CBS site as I posted above.   Now they have decided I need to pay for access.  Odd.  When someone finds it elsewhere please post it, thanks.  

Here ya go!   

• Love 1

Debbie lost only 1.5 pounds which is an illustration of a perfectly working metabolism.  No way does she exercise as much as she claims, doesn't matter, she is very fit and doing a lot.  

Hali gives the PC rap on Debbie.  She drives her nuts, too.  The look on her face at the table, as Debbie bragged, said it all.  She is exhausting and incapable of having a genuine conversation.  She and Ozzy will keep their distance and it will be easier when more arrive. 

• Love 3

Yeah, Debbie is the hurdle for everyone at Ponderosa. I think the party will kick into high gear going forward. She's kooky but harmless. I'm sure she'll annoy people less where there are more people there to hang out with. I agree with Hali that Debbie was the last person they would have expected. I'm sure they thought the big guns would have been voted out. I love Ponderosa.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, Debbie is the hurdle for everyone at Ponderosa. I think the party will kick into high gear going forward. She's kooky but harmless. I'm sure she'll annoy people less where there are more people there to hang out with. I agree with Hali that Debbie was the last person they would have expected. I'm sure they thought the big guns would have been voted out. I love Ponderosa.

She will chew the ear off of her first alliance member upon arrival.  

43 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She will chew the ear off of her first alliance member upon arrival.  

Yeah, trying to figure out & grill the person to see who flipped. I'm surprised she didn't guess Sarah right away.

20 minutes ago, onthetrain said:

Why are the jurors surprised at who comes in? Aren't they at Tribal Council and see the vote?

They must leave before the voting. 

They like us we're surprised that it was Debbie voted out. At least, I thought it was going to be Brad or Sierra. I always think it's interesting how much time goes by from Tribal Council till they arrive at Ponderosa. They have their exit interview, medical check, boat ride and then they finally arrive. It must be an hour or two later. By that time everyone at Ponderosa is ready to party and greet the next guest. 

• Love 1

My fave parts of this ep were when Ozzy and Hali were doing that cute little weird dance when Debbie arrived (Ozzy having fun whatta sight!) and Hali's face as Debbie was telling one of her many stories.

I half find Debbie weirdly interesting and half truly can not stand her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13
On 4/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, peachmangosteen said:

My fave parts of this ep were when Ozzy and Hali were doing that cute little weird dance when Debbie arrived (Ozzy having fun whatta sight!) and Hali's face as Debbie was telling one of her many stories.

I half find Debbie weirdly interesting and half truly can not stand her.

@peachmangosteen - My Debbie balance is a little more toward 20/80 on the interesting/irritating scale, but I get where you're coming from.

• Love 4

I heard Debbie's interview on EW Radio yesterday and she is exactly like she is on the show.  It's not a calculated act in my opinion, even though she would like to claim it is.  Although she claimed the Brad anger scenes were her acting because she was actually in an alliance with him and wanted to throw everybody off of that.  She said she was surprised at the energy she applied to her performance.  I don't really believe her.  

She said she didn't lose weight because of the exile on the boat with all the food, followed by the merge fest.    

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JenTen1585 said:

I heard Debbie's interview on EW Radio yesterday and she is exactly like she is on the show.  It's not a calculated act in my opinion, even though she would like to claim it is.  Although she claimed the Brad anger scenes were her acting because she was actually in an alliance with him and wanted to throw everybody off of that.  She said she was surprised at the energy she applied to her performance.  I don't really believe her.  

She said she didn't lose weight because of the exile on the boat with all the food, followed by the merge fest.    

I liked the old days when Survivor didn't feed them and they were lucky if they got one big meal. Now, they are eating left & right. In the good ole days they got a bag of rice. Yup! Survivor is too soft on its contestants.

• Love 4
(edited)

So Zeke lost about 14 pounds. Is still very cocky saying how it was smart of the to vote him out when they did because apparently everyone knew that he would beat them in the end.  He was greeted warmly by Hali, Debbie and Ozzy. Debbie who claims she doesn't drink in exit interviews last week greeted Zeke with an almost empty bottle of Jack Daniels which she preceded to take  a swig out of before handing it off to Zeke to finish.  Let's see Hali made pancakes for everyone and apparently the Jack Daniels found its way into the maple syrup as well as Debbie made sure to pour a nice amount on to Zeke's meal.  Curiously Hali seemed to be the only one not drinking unless of course she helped empty the contents of the bottle of Jack before Zeke arrived.  Lets see Zeke read a nice letter he got from his Dad saying how proud he was of him for playing back to back.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

Zeke had a bonus video last week where he said he was a dangerous contestant and that's why people were voting for him at TC.  Hopefully he realizes now that one TC where Andrea and the gang voted for him it was more because they were pissed off at him, not because they thought he was dangerous.  He did say he's not done playing the game, even though he's on the jury, and his knowledge of the game will give him an advantage when analyzing the remaining players.  

Not sorry he's gone.  Been a boring Ponderosa season so far, but I wish they'd show more.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I couldn't find Zeke's Ponderosa. Help?

Just watched it at cbs.com

Also, he seemed a little cocky about why is was voted out. I think it was more that Andrea & Cirie were angry that he had flipped and was gunning for Andrea. He was a good player but I really don't think that was the reason he was voted out. Maybe, now he realizes that since it's been almost a year later. At the time, he might have thought it was something more.

• Love 3

It was refreshing and a nod to the past that he chugged some Jack Daniels from the bottle and ate pancakes upon arrival.  He must have talked about craving them at camp; that is not a typical first meal when arriving at night.  Though he lost 14 pounds he still looked a little chubby.  Not fat shaming, just continuing my irritation with them receiving too much food.  

• Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 7:47 AM, wings707 said:

I pick them up on you tube.

ANd Hailie, if you find yourself believing even a bit of what Debbie claims, you need to sharpen up your lawyer skills.

• Love 1
Just now, Stinamaia said:

I pick them up on you tube.

ANd Hailie, if you find yourself believing even a bit of what Debbie claims, you need to sharpen up your lawyer skills.

I can get them on CBS on my laptop, but not on my ipad.  

Hali does not believe her for one minute.  She is just not one for confrontation.  She is probably not a trial lawyer.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I can get them on CBS on my laptop, but not on my ipad.  

Hali does not believe her for one minute.  She is just not one for confrontation.  She is probably not a trial lawyer.  

I'm generally on my tablet so maybe that's why I have to get the video on you tube.

Haile said in an interview that she sort of believed Debbie.  Saying that she sort of didn't believe her wouldn't have been confrontational.  Debbie's the kind of person you wouldn't directly confront, but just ask gentle questions urging her ever deeper into her fantastical claims. For fun.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

I'm generally on my tablet so maybe that's why I have to get the video on you tube.

Haile said in an interview that she sort of believed Debbie.  Saying that she sort of didn't believe her wouldn't have been confrontational.  Debbie's the kind of person you wouldn't directly confront, but just ask gentle questions urging her ever deeper into her fantastical claims. For fun.

Thanks.  I have not been reading interviews this season because my interest is not as keen as in previous seasons.  

Watch Hali's eyes.  She can keep them on someone as if that someone were interesting, and then she just lets her mind go to a more interesting place and her eyes don't move where they are looking, but they aren't engaged in listening any more.

I know this isn't a good description of what I think I've seen on several but not all of the Ponderosas so far, but I think she is letting her mind go to better places.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah this is basically the look of someone thinking this woman who is talking to me is cray cray.

13m6WkXDjhw9c4.gif

I would also add that when someone says they only believe half of what someone says it just a nice way of saying I don't believe pretty much anything this person has to say. lol

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 10

I've watched Zeke's Ponderosa twice and all I come away with is that he's really proud of his knowledge of Survivor.  

Did he self edit, or did TPTB edit some interesting stuff out?

• Love 2
(edited)

We'll see if Sierra's Ponderosa is more interesting than last time.

She was surprised at being voted off.  And lost 20 lbs.  Has Sierra not won a lot of food rewards?  She said she was excited she could eat.  Who has won what is a blur.  I realize the contestants don't get a say in what they wear out there, but putting someone in jeans and fringe boots for possibly 39 days is ridiculous.  And she seemed shocked at seeing herself, like she didn't look this bad the previous time.  She lasted longer last time, yet I sometimes think Sierra forgets she played this game before.  

Sierra told everyone about the legacy advantage.  She and Debbie are BFFs.  Hali brought up Sierra being the cause of her demise both seasons by not flipping and making moves of her own.  We saw her eat, she said her dad promised to stop eating sugar while she was gone, and she told her dad that she wasn't okay out there.  That's gotta be comforting.  Apparently actually making moves this time and not just following people around is going to benefit her in her every day life.

Edited by LadyChatts

Sierra's Ponderosa was more interesting. I can believe that she gained some confidence and learned to be more assertive in between seasons. I think it is cool that she gets along well with Debbie but it was weird that Debbie was not there when Sierra arrived at Ponderosa.

Nothing too exciting

• Love 1

I'm just disappointed Ozzy seems to disappear as soon as the person arrives.  

What I remember about Sierra's WA Ponderosa was her painting her nails.  And that's it.  It had to be the most boring Ponderosa video ever.  I actually forgot about Debbie until she popped out of nowhere.  

I suspect that there is not much interaction between the folks at Ponderosa. Debbie is crazy and Hali and Ozzy tolerated her when she arrived. Hali and Sierra do not gel, Hali commented on it in her exit interviews. Sierra does not seem to approach her or talk to her, so there is likely limited Hali and Sierra interaction at Ponderosa. I can see Ozzy out swimming and fishing a lot. Zeke is a nice guy but I don't see him as tight with the others. I suspect that they are hanging out in their rooms, doing their own things. Maybe taking day excursions together but I don't see a ton of time at the beach or pool as a group.

I will say that Debbie even scared me. I had truly forgotten about her because she didn't greet Sierra. Was Debbie at the mall? On the corner? On a date with the helicopter pilot? I thought Sierra's video was a little short. She cleaned up nicely but the video was very meh and dull. I am curious to see who arrives next and if they clue her in more of the vote. Next week, might be a double boot but I think still 3 days apart. Hopefully, the next jurors give her the 411. LOL!!

• Love 3

Strangely not satisfying.  Sierra looks good at the lower weight, but if she really didn't eat anything, it could have impaired her judgement.  And I don't understand the Debbie Sierra bond.  Not that I watched all that closely, but I can't recall any hints of that bond in the editing.  

Are we not seeing Ozzie because he's come to a "been here before, done this before, have nothing new to say"?

• Love 2

Out of this dull arrival I observed 3 things that were notable. 

The cook cannot make a grilled cheese sandwich well. 

Sierra did not get to go on many rewards as she lost 20 lbs

Debbie staged her entrance.  She didn't hear the boat pull up?  Oh please.  

Sierra thinks eating brown sugar and cinnamon on buttered toasts is random.  

• Love 3

I don't think she means the cinnamon toast itself is random but rather the fact that that, of all things, is the one she happens to be craving.  I guess I'm sort of a SDT apologist, because I don't think she is that dumb or annoying.  I think it's nice that she and Debbie like each other.  Etc.

I do wonder what has changed, is it the show or is it me or is it just Ponderosa, because I used to sort of feel the oppressiveness of the game, the unlikeliness of surviving the long road to the end.  I used to feel like it was almost beyond belief that anyone could make it, even though I knew that of course someone has to.  And Ponderosa was like, these walking wounded, staggering in.  Maybe you guys are right and they need to show more of the "surviving"...I remember being so astonished, impressed, when in an HvV pregame interview Courtney Yates, this skinny Brooklyn hipster, was walking on the Samoa beach and saying "wow this is going to be so easy compared to China, I see stuff to eat everywhere I look!" and to me it was, you know, a beach, not a smorgasboard.  Like, she has been through something, and sees the world with different eyes.  And I used to get that feeling every Ponderosa, like they'd been through something.

Idk what I'm even talking about.  But I do know that Dr. Joe's interaction with them is annoyingly forced now.  They used to just weigh them, and check on their injuries (which used to be numerous, I feel like), not this awkward "GUESS HOW MUCH YOU LOST BEFORE I TELL YOU" script.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

Out of this dull arrival I observed 3 things that were notable. 

The cook cannot make a grilled cheese sandwich well. 

Sierra did not get to go on many rewards as she lost 20 lbs

Debbie staged her entrance.  She didn't hear the boat pull up?  Oh please.  

Sierra thinks eating brown sugar and cinnamon on buttered toasts is random.  

I thought it was just me who thought the grilled cheese didn't looked cook. I can understand pizza looking awful at the reward because it was sitting out for hours. There is a full working kitchen at Ponderosa. How is that the grilled cheese sandwich wasn't, well.......grilled?!?!?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

But I do know that Dr. Joe's interaction with them is annoyingly forced now.  They used to just weigh them, and check on their injuries (which used to be numerous, I feel like), not this awkward "GUESS HOW MUCH YOU LOST BEFORE I TELL YOU" script.

Maybe Survivor is actually a Biggest Loser competition in disguise.

• Love 1

I thought the grilled cheese looked burnt in places. I suspect that the Ponderosa staff does not make food like pizza and grilled cheese on a regular basis. They are in Fiji and probably a more high end resort. The people visiting there are not going to be eating grilled cheese and pizza. And there are some foods that are more American, like anything with peanut butter. I suspect grilled cheese is more common in the US then it is in Fiji. Granted, it is easy as hell to make but it is also the first time I have seen anyone ask for a grilled cheese.

Sierra is not stupid, she is bland and boring. I did not like her in her first season because she stuck with misogynist bullies and she could have flipped that and didn't. She was boring this season. I think Brad and Troyzan are boring. They are doing something because they are still in the game but they are boring. I also don't have positive memories from their first games and would not have wanted any of them back.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I don't think she means the cinnamon toast itself is random but rather the fact that that, of all things, is the one she happens to be craving.

In the absence of facial expression and tone, humor is often lost in the written word.  ;^)  

• Love 1