Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/28/2017 at 0:15 PM, Brattinella said:

I think where all the above happens, the "sensing marijuana smoke" and not using turn indicators or a burnt-out license plate light, are all PLOYS.  I think the genuine, underlying purpose for ALL of this, is to confiscate guns.  They truly believe no one deserves to have a gun except THE COPS.  A friend of ours with a licensed, legal, customized gun got it stolen by a burglar, who turned out to be an ex-friend.  It took him about 5 years to get it back from the PD.  It had his NAME and BUSINESS engraved on it!

Not buying it.

Many times on the show they stop someone, that person has a legally owned firearm, and nothing happens. They only confiscate it when the person is a felon/the gun is stolen or no proof of ownership/they are clearly selling drugs. 

• Love 5
On 11/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, Brattinella said:

Another comment on El Paso Sheriffs last night.  The one where the neighbor called in and said they heard two men arguing in some apt.  They would NOT believe the man and woman inside who said there WAS NO OTHER MAN in there.  And that ONE cop. the short chunky guy?  He evidently got offended by something the homeowner said, you could see him get all huffy, and things escalated from there.  He just was NOT gonna let it go.  By the end, there were at least 8 cops there!  I'd like to know what probable cause they had, it cannot be JUST an anonymous phone call, right??  And how can they demand ID and entry to the home? There was no PC that ANYTHING was going on, the cops being there was the causative reason the children were crying, they WOULDN'T LEAVE!  I do agree, the man shouldn't have run, but is EL Paso Sheriffs Dept run on testosterone??  I was shrieking at the TV.  I would have said I'm closing the door, and calling my attorney, you have no right to harass me in my home with no evidence, no PC, no witness.  And the same pudgy belligerent cop kept saying the man was aggressive!  He wasn't!  He was still in his home!  GAH!!!

That guy was a jackass who brought all of it on himself. It was very clear he was trying to hide his identity from the officer, which of course would make them suspicious. No shocker he turned out to have multiple serious warrants. (And those forehead horn & gang tats hmmm... Classy guy.)

Why should they just believe him when he said there was no one else there? Do you think the cops should behave as if everything everyone ever says to them is 100% truthful? 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

Where is Flex?

6 weeks not on the show!

you got to admit he's entertaining!

They’re contract ended. They will be back on the show dan said. 

————————————————-

Well tonight was very boring must of been a slow night. A lot of old footage shown,nothing really interesting. Don’t  know why they think we need to see every situation in El Paso,TX involving  invalid paper car plates. It’s like every scene there is because of freaking fake plates. Gets boring after the 4th time in an hour. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
Stupid
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

They’re contract ended. They will be back on the show dan said. 

————————————————-

Well tonight was very boring must of been a slow night. A lot of old footage shown,nothing really interesting. Don’t  know why they think we need to see every situation in El Paso,TX involving  invalid paper car plates. It’s like every scene there is because of freaking fake plates. Gets boring after the 4th time in an hour. 

I missed the entire show. Checked this forum and the one on Reddit to see if I missed anything special, general consensus is no. I figured with it being the first of the month, there would've been a lot of activity. Maybe "firstmas" is only a thing we dread where I live, lol. 

I found Officer Zlatleff from Spokane an asshole last night.  Seemed like he had a stick up his ass.

Especially when making assumptions and judgments about the single mother going on a date and taking her child with her.

He just repeating over and over again about how strange/unbelievable it was to go on a date like that.

What a jerk.

I also found the show boring too. I do like Officer Loeb.  I think she also has a law degree.

• Love 4

I get the feeling that production is being too cautious ......

They were 'racing' to the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian hit by a car and then as soon as they arrived they cut away saying 'we have asked our cameras to pull back until we figure out more' and only returned to the scene later for a boring recap.

....that's not the Live PD from season 1

• Love 6
4 hours ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

I get the feeling that production is being too cautious ......

They were 'racing' to the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian hit by a car and then as soon as they arrived they cut away saying 'we have asked our cameras to pull back until we figure out more' and only returned to the scene later for a boring recap.

....that's not the Live PD from season 1

Exactly. It kinda shows you the direction they’re gonna go with the show. Staying focused on the trashy people going threw people’s trash but slightly acknowledging the real emergencies. Which I understand but still you can only watch them catch drug addicts for so long until you become bored. 

• Love 4

Leverette is back at it again tonight and surprise, surprise, I still want to kick him in the balls. He got some sick satisfaction from interrogating that woman. Makes me wonder how he treats women when he's not on the job too.

• Love 7

Levertte's face is permanently smug at all times. He really shouldn't be a cop. Something is wrong with him. He throws around vague threats all the time. He doesn't know how to connect with people. He comes off way too strong right at the start and never lets off. 

• Love 6

I wished live PD had been in my city this week.  Police had a high speed chase through a residential area resulting in the suspect hitting another car, killing an infant and toddler.  The police initally pulled their guns on the victim's car.  The officers had cameras on,  but I would like to see what really happened. 

Then yesterday, 9 police cars pursued a guy on a moped.  He ended up crashing into someone's house.  This would have been interesting to see on tape.  Also, why would 9 officers be needed?  So many officers respond to calls here, that it would be easy to commit a crime in other local areas.  All the local officers seem to be at the first call.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, rideashire said:

, I still want to kick him in the balls.

He has no balls, nothing else either, he is just a prick in name only. 

He kind of reminds me of Nedermeyer from Animal House.  One of these days Leverette is going to end up like Nedermeyer.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Hero said:

Levertte's face is permanently smug at all times. He really shouldn't be a cop. Something is wrong with him. He throws around vague threats all the time. He doesn't know how to connect with people. He comes off way too strong right at the start and never lets off. 

He’s like Nancy Grace,he just throws around  Wild accusations hoping for something to stick.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6

Uggghhh. He's baaaack. But I did love that the woman only ended up having the half-pill on her that she said she had, and nothing else. Poooooff goes down Leverett's ego boner. 

I do like Officer Loeb from Lake Co. She's thoughtful, well-spoken, and does not belittle people.

I think the main reason they are pulling away from potentially fatal stuff is because of the murder victim incident in SC (can't remember if it was Richland Co or Greenville) where the murder victim's family recognized the house they were at and learned of the murder via watching Live PD. It still bugs me that they are pulling away, though. There's no need for closeup shots on dead bodies or anything like that, but seeing, say, accident reconstruction going on would be interesting.

Edited by kittyglitter
  • Love 5

People on Facebook and Reddit seem to love Leverette ? I honestly think the way he polices is dangerous. Like Hellohappylife said, he throws around accusations hoping one is going to stick. 

I would love to know what his fellow officers think about him. 

• Love 4

Leverett needs to find another line of work.  Some place he is allowed to lecture, berate and scold people, but not able to lock people up or shoot them.  He was on that girl last night for 30 minutes!  For a half a pill!  He loves to hear himself talk and thinks he is the smartest person in the room.  I LOATHE HIM.

Also, he is sadistic as hell.  "I'm treating you good, right?"  "I haven't promised you anything, right?"  GAH!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Leverett needs to find another line of work.  Some place he is allowed to lecture, berate and scold people, but not able to lock people up or shoot them.  He was on that girl last night for 30 minutes!  For a half a pill!  He loves to hear himself talk and thinks he is the smartest person in the room.  I LOATHE HIM.

Also, he is sadistic as hell.  "I'm treating you good, right?"  "I haven't promised you anything, right?"  GAH!

I hate when he tries to put words in people's mouths. He literally tries to sway the conversation to make him look good. He knows the way he approaches people is shit, so he tries to force people to say that he is not treating them badly. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hero said:

I have noticed he bosses everyone around, so my guess is that they do not like him at all.

I bet his fans would change their opinion is they ever had the misfortune of being stopped by him.

Dan Abrams has also made a couple of quiet comments about him too.  I bet the 3 of them make fun of him during the breaks.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Hero said:

They all probably dread his backup calls cause they know they’re gonna be stuck watching him stoke himself for an hour,over a simple 15 minute traffic stop,especially if he has the camera crew with him! 

Also the way he pronounces “Console” makes me want to jump off a cliff. 

• Love 6
On 12/3/2017 at 3:26 AM, kittyglitter said:

I do like Officer Loeb from Lake Co. She's thoughtful, well-spoken, and does not belittle people.

I loved her reaction to the 85 year old driver. "Ok ma'am, drive safe!" 

The dancing guy in Richland was funny.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2017 at 3:26 AM, kittyglitter said:

Uggghhh. He's baaaack. But I did love that the woman only ended up having the half-pill on her that she said she had, and nothing else. Poooooff goes down Leverett's ego boner. 

I think the main reason they are pulling away from potentially fatal stuff is because of the murder victim incident in SC (can't remember if it was Richland Co or Greenville) where the murder victim's family recognized the house they were at and learned of the murder via watching Live PD. It still bugs me that they are pulling away, though. There's no need for closeup shots on dead bodies or anything like that, but seeing, say, accident reconstruction going on would be interesting.

It was Richland County but the interesting thing was, the family actually showed up at the house before it was aired.  The family was just down the street.  The family tried to make something of it but it was shut down.  I am glad that they did not go back to the scene where the car crashed into the house and there was a fatality.  That really doesn't need to be shown.  Like the time in Richland County that there was an accident that killed a motorcyclist, RCSD would not let the cams go past the fire truck or even close to film anything but the tow truck & the fire truck.  We don't need to see some things.

• Love 3

If I hear "Don't you LAAAAHHHH to me," or "Ah'm bein' plenty fayyyer to you" one more time...

The face painted wall pee-er incident, and the one hour pooper, made me laugh like an 8-year-old. We need to see more bizarre bodily-function related incidents on this show, and I'm not being sarcastic. My former cop friend has zillions of stories about such things.

So glad someone went to rescue that poor puppers right away. And fires are why I was always paranoid living in apartments...in my mid-20s, I lived above an 80-year-old who would put stuff in the oven and forget about it or fall asleep, and the FD responded to my building because of this woman 7 times in the 2 years I lived there. Luckily mine was never damaged, but that experience is what drove me to start saving and planning to buy my house. Randos with questionable personal safety standards living adjacent to me is a nightmarish thought. Hope all humans and animals are OK there.

• Love 5

Anyone catch that comment the female officer in Jefferson made at the Apartment fire scene? 

The officer arriving to the scene asked if residents inside the building need help getting out & she said “we will find out once they put the fire out” she said it kinda quietly under her breath,then a few moments later we saw him go into s building with another officer but yet she was no where helping.... at least that’s what it seems but who knows I wasn’t there.

It was a really good episode tonight. Lots of interesting situations and not full of petty traffic stops. Plus they had a great line-up of Officers!

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Hero said:

I can't stand Leverette's incessant babbling! His stops take forever. He loves himself way too much. They really need to take him off the show. 

No kidding! I'd admit to straight out murder if it got him to stop talking! Shut up already!!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BookWitch said:

No kidding! I'd admit to straight out murder if it got him to stop talking! Shut up already!!

???I was thinking the same thing. Imagine him at home. I don't know if he's married, but I can see him lecturing his wife on the most inane things. Imagine the arguments he has with people. I bet they last forever. 

Edited by Hero
  • Love 5

The most annoying thing about Denver is how he talks to people, he makes the situations all about him. “If you lie to me” “I’m a fair person“  “ Do what I say or I’ll lock you up”  and then the shitty passive aggressive BS  he always does at the end when he arrests someone & has them in cuffs   “now see,didn't I tell you I was a nice guy?  You want a cigarette? See  I told you I’d give you one,see how honest I am?” 

Shut the fuck up. He completely enjoys being able to make people feel like shit. 

I think so far Richland,SC are the only ones to ever have any compassion or respect  for people.They deal with worse people & don’t even talk down to them. They arrest them & move the fuck on. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 7

Okay, lady.  Your kid is annoying the war veteran who lives behind you.  He is shooting his airsoft gun into his yard.  Soooooooo, what do you think you could do?  Um, maybe take the freakin' airsoft away from your kid???  Oh NOOOOOOOOO.  That doesn't even cross this peabrain's mind.  Oh, and he plays SOCCER against the fence, again annoying this old veteran.  And you just let him do whatever the hell he wants, right???  What ever happened to common courtesy?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Okay, lady.  Your kid is annoying the war veteran who lives behind you.  He is shooting his airsoft gun into his yard.  Soooooooo, what do you think you could do?  Um, maybe take the freakin' airsoft away from your kid???  Oh NOOOOOOOOO.  That doesn't even cross this peabrain's mind.  Oh, and he plays SOCCER against the fence, again annoying this old veteran.  And you just let him do whatever the hell he wants, right???  What ever happened to common courtesy?

My favorite part was when the peabrain mentioned that the neighbor "fought in World War I". Which is not possible because it would make him like 118 years old, which makes her look even more stupid. Reminds me of a dummy back in high school who was doing a volunteer project at a senior center with me and innocently asked an elderly man wearing a "Veteran" cap if he fought in the Civil War (this was 1997-ish).

• Love 4
On 11/11/2017 at 2:20 AM, 00redsvt said:

Was anyone else surprised by how different Leverrette looked in studio compared to in uniform? When they came on the air, my husband and I were both shocked. He looks like a fresh faced baby! It was wild. I was actually quite excited for him to be in studio because I mute all of his live segments/traffic stops due to the fact that his voice and fake accent grate on my nerves. However, he was reallllllly quiet, almost nervous, in studio. It was odd. Maybe he will be more natural tomorrow? From what I understand he and flex are there all weekend. I know I give the guy a rough way to go in our chats here, but it was kinda weird to watch him tonight. I don't know. I was willing to give it a shot though! 

These guys get SOOOO nervous when in studio.  Lawerence was super nervous his first time.  Mastrianni was ok. The female officer from Jefferson(?) she was super nervous.  It's kinda funny.  I thought Leverette did ok. 

On 11/13/2017 at 8:48 AM, atiyah9369 said:

I wondered about this also.  That seems like a lot of K-9's to go through.

Most K9's do not last very long. They do a lot of hard work and sometimes the breed type factors into it.  I think it used to be mainly german shepards and I guess those dogs don't live very long.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:45 AM, Brattinella said:

Another comment on El Paso Sheriffs last night.  The one where the neighbor called in and said they heard two men arguing in some apt.  They would NOT believe the man and woman inside who said there WAS NO OTHER MAN in there.  And that ONE cop. the short chunky guy?  He evidently got offended by something the homeowner said, you could see him get all huffy, and things escalated from there.  He just was NOT gonna let it go.  By the end, there were at least 8 cops there!  I'd like to know what probable cause they had, it cannot be JUST an anonymous phone call, right??  And how can they demand ID and entry to the home? There was no PC that ANYTHING was going on, the cops being there was the causative reason the children were crying, they WOULDN'T LEAVE!  I do agree, the man shouldn't have run, but is EL Paso Sheriffs Dept run on testosterone??  I was shrieking at the TV.  I would have said I'm closing the door, and calling my attorney, you have no right to harass me in my home with no evidence, no PC, no witness.  And the same pudgy belligerent cop kept saying the man was aggressive!  He wasn't!  He was still in his home!  GAH!!!

I was a little confused by that situation but I think their excuse for showing up was a ruse and just a reason to get him outside of the residence and to give him their name. and finally they just admitted that they were there because he had a warrant and he bolted.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:48 PM, Jaded said:

I can't remember if it was this past Friday or the Fri/Sat before that but there was a guy calling about an ex-wife showing up at his home. He had to call a 2nd time and when he asked not to be filmed and went back inside his house the female cop said something like since he didn't want to be on camera then he made it easy by them not having to help him. I was kind of shocked.

He slammed the door in their face - that's why they said they weren't helping him.  

On 11/27/2017 at 9:08 PM, Brattinella said:

Yep.  They pull them over for a non-existing "infraction" and then they escalate it into a search of your car and your person.

And THAT is pure BULLSHIT!  She needs to be fired, PDQ.

And another thing:  The reason "I smelled marijuana when I stopped you". If this is really true everyone needs to stop smoking weed in their cars!  Personally, I think it is just another excuse to search your car.

wellllll..... ummmmm.... you SHOULDN'T be smoking weed in your car.  That's like drinking in your car.  And driving while impaired.  Which is illegal.... no matter if weed is legal in your state. You still can't drive while high.

I'm glad Dept Loeb has been showing up again but I really dislike the guy she's been shown with. I don't know if he's her superior or what but he tends to get bossy and tells her to get away from him.  Excited to see her in studio next weekend.

And I'm a lone duck and like Leverette but even I'm having to fast forward through his scenes now because it's just the same thing over and over. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gunderda said:
On 11/27/2017 at 9:08 PM, Brattinella said:

And another thing:  The reason "I smelled marijuana when I stopped you". If this is really true everyone needs to stop smoking weed in their cars!  Personally, I think it is just another excuse to search your car.

wellllll..... ummmmm.... you SHOULDN'T be smoking weed in your car.  That's like drinking in your car.  And driving while impaired.  Which is illegal.... no matter if weed is legal in your state. You still can't drive while high.

I don't drink or smoke weed, and I haven't done for 25 years (a little less for booze).  I DO however, LOOK like I smoke weed, so does hubby (long-haired old hippie-types).  They NEED to make a definitive marijuana-detection device just like a breathalyzer, so they can banish this "suspicion" right on the spot.  It should NOT be a valid ploy for one cop to "smell weed" and be allowed to roust you.  And I agree, no one should drive while high or impaired, and it is just stupid to have drugs in your car. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I don't drink or smoke weed, and I haven't done for 25 years (a little less for booze).  I DO however, LOOK like I smoke weed, so does hubby (long-haired old hippie-types).  They NEED to make a definitive marijuana-detection device just like a breathalyzer, so they can banish this "suspicion" right on the spot.  It should NOT be a valid ploy for one cop to "smell weed" and be allowed to roust you.  And I agree, no one should drive while high or impaired, and it is just stupid to have drugs in your car. 

One thing to realize is that most of these units that are shown on the show are patrolling in high-risk areas where 99.9% of the time they are bound to find something on any stop. They aren't filming the boring parts of the cities ;)   

I'm more so just horrified at the large amounts of people who drive with no license. Although I think some people say they don't have any ID (like the passengers) because they don't realize the cop will just ask for their name and soc and look them up that way.

• Love 3

Ok so the car in the ditch in Pasco county. They didn't talk to the woman who was standing behind the car, I'm assuming she was the baby's mom? She did not seem at all concerned about her baby (if that was indeed her child). The cops brought the baby to their car and she didn't even follow them. I thought that was odd. Most of the cops in Pasco are jerks but I do like the female officer they have been following the last couple of weeks (Matthews). 

• Love 1

I am slowly losing interest in this show...and I was a diehard fan from the start. I've only watched 1 of the past 4 episodes. It is the same thing over and over and over. I feel like it isn't the show it was from season 1 and I am finding it easier to nitpick the officers, which I don't enjoy doing. I cannot take one more 45 minute stop from Leverette or listen to him "Did I make you any promises? Wasn't I good to you? Don't you think I'm a good officer?" I saw brain matter I rolled my eyes so hard. 

• Love 1

There is way too many "I smell marijuana" stops. Even Dan looks likes he's losing interest in the show. He seemed really into it in season 1, but now he looks like he can't wait until the night is over. 

• Love 2

Three hours of the same stuff is getting boring and the attitudes of some officers are getting on my nerves. I find myself fast forwarding through most of the three hours. I did think the fire scene at the end was a real deal and not mugging for the cameras. Not that I like that there was a fire- but we got to see officers go into a smoky building with out any protection and try to help get people/pets out. They need more of that type of show to keep viewers.

I wonder if there would be a difference if the cameras were filming farther away so the officers don't feel the need to put on a "show".

• Love 2

All the "I smell marijuana" stops and hopping around to so many stops instead of staying on more interesting ones to make it look like they have so much going on are two things that seem to be getting worse. Then there's the fact that a lot of the action we'd all like to watch seems to happen during the last 30 minutes of the show.  They end on something we'd want to see the resolution of and we usually don't find out what happened. It reminds me of cliffhangers that never get resolved on fictional TV shows. 

Glad it's not just me who feels like this season is different. On one end there's Dan who seems like he's getting less interested and then there's Tom who seems like the show is boosting his ego. Sticks acts like he's just not sure and doesn't seem to speak up as much as  he once did. I've missed a few episodes these past few weeks and have found myself not caring if I watch the same night rerun or the one the next day.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Hero said:

There is way too many "I smell marijuana" stops. Even Dan looks likes he's losing interest in the show. He seemed really into it in season 1, but now he looks like he can't wait until the night is over. 

And you can tell he isn't paying attention and I don't know if that's due to people talking into his earbud about other stuff is going on but almost every show we will see something going on and will know exactly what's going on and then Dan either gives wrong info, not being sure about it, or acts like no one has any idea of what's going on and i just scream at the tv "THAT'S NOT WHAT'S HAPPENING DAN!" 

• Love 2

Looks like there's no Denver tonight unless they show a stop of his from "earlier". Filling airtime with stops from earlier in the week is another thing they've been doing more frequently especially lately.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Okay, this dickhead cop in Pinal County pulls over a Parkour artist.... an ATHLETE.  Do you not understand??  Arrests him for dry mouth, and doing a backflip!  He did a backflip to PROVE to you that he wasn't under the influence. I wanna see YOU do it, Jerko.

• Love 3