Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

I assume Josiah’s nickname is pronounced “SIGH-SIGH”, but I read it as SEE-SEE.  Either way, it’s dumb.  Even if it gets shortened to a singular “SIGH” as he gets older, it’s dumb. Kids in school will call him Jo, or Jo-Jo, or Josie.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I assume Josiah’s nickname is pronounced “SIGH-SIGH”, but I read it as SEE-SEE.  Either way, it’s dumb.  Even if it gets shortened to a singular “SIGH” as he gets older, it’s dumb. Kids in school will call him Jo, or Jo-Jo, or Josie.   

Just like Jinger Duggar (Rhymes with "ringer") but supposed to be pronounced Ginger. Sigh. Si. Si si Senor. Dumbasses all of them. Hopefully the kids will turn out ok. That will require a lot of hope. 

• LOL 7
On 7/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, Dibs said:

He looks exactly like Matt (just as Lilah looks exactly like Amy, IMO).

Their children are dwarfs, they talked about Zach’s genes being very dominant.  IMO their children will never look like Tori and always look like a Roloff.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I mentioned before I didn’t understand why Tori and Zach chose the particular house they did, mostly because of where it was situated meaning next to a business and a trailer home (mostly I didn’t  understand why a trailer home, a single family home, and a business were right next to each other) I’d also throw in the creek of broken dreams bottles and other trash, but is the neighborhood itself desirable, are the schools really good or are there a lot of amenities in the area? I’m not familiar with the area.

Their old neighborhood seemed like a nice area, so I just wonder if the new area was an upgrade compared to their previous place.  I do understand maybe Tori finally realized it might be better to have a one story home.

I’m not familiar with Lilah’s issues other than being speech delayed but for those more familiar with the subject is her constant screaming because she’s actually trying to communicate, but maybe just doesn’t know how or is it because she’s scared?  I mean we’re not in her brain, so I guess I’m asking do kids who are speech delayed normally scream and grunt because they don’t know words or have trouble expressing them or is the child normally just super quiet and the yelling would just be a separate issue.  Hopefully, they are getting Lilah evaluated and she’s able to get specialize care if she needs it.

Hopefully as a teacher, Tori prioritizes education, because I could never tell if Zach’s and Jeremy’s school was just awful, if they were just lazy, or maybe they had some learning issues of their own.  I guess it could have been all three.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

No, the screeching is not normal.  If she's developmentally normal, the parents should put a stop to it.  Another reason for an evaluation.  They could also learn and teach her basic sign language if she's having speech and hearing issues.  Tori did do a better job of expanding speech for Lilah in this episode, but I don't see how adding a third child is going to help Lilah unless Josiah serves as a distraction for Jackson so the parents pay more attention to Lilah.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ugh don’t even get me started about Jackson sitting his butt on Lilah’s head!

I couldn’t believe my eyes that he konked her on the head, nearly poked her in the face/eyes with metal rods and then waltzed right over and sat on her face!!! 
Wtf is going on with ZiT… do they have shit for brains?? Jackson has been sitting on her head forever and they still haven’t stopped him.

I mean really what the f*cking hell is going on at their house that he feels comfortable to sit on his little sisters head right in front of them!?!?? And he wasn’t even punished for doing so!!!  🙄

It’s down right disrespectful and potentially dangerous to Lilah and he does it repeatedly, but Z&T seem to think it’s funny for some weird reason. Zach pushing Tori while holding Jackson is funny, Tori questioning Zach intelligence repeatedly under the guise of teasing is funny.  They seem stuck at the maturity level of 6th graders (an insult to some 6th graders).  Didn’t Zach use to shove Jacob around when he was younger or am I misremembering?

They seem to like to embarrass each other on tv and the internet.  I’m not the biggest fan of either of them, but if one of them were my spouse, I’d try not to embarrass them on the daily. I mean Zach laughing when their kid face plants into the ground is very strange to me.  I’m not saying they don’t love their kids, I’m sure they do, but they seem to have little to no shame especially Zach.  I mean he seems proud of the weirdest things like being cheap and unhygienic.  It’s all so very odd.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

they seem to have little to no shame especially Zach.  I mean he seems proud of the weirdest things like being cheap and unhygienic.  It’s all so very odd.

Zach gets that from Amy

Shes cheap as hell and often looks sweaty, stinky and her hair looks like a grease mop, I shudder to think of her hygiene, her teeth are piss yellow and gross just like Zach, she’s always licking her fingers while cooking, she leaves dirty sheets on her bed and calls it a “project” to wash them, she leaves cups of coffee sitting around gathering dead flies, when her kids were at home they slept on filthy mattresses because Amy wouldn’t wash their sheets, Zach was too lazy to walk to the bathroom so he just pissed in the corner of his bedroom, he’s too cheap to buy enough food for his guests to eat and thinks dessert is a waste of money.. the list goes on and on.

Amy’s a cheap dirty little person and Zach is her mini me.

He was raised in a pig sty and thinks it’s perfectly fine to drag his old dirty single mattress over for him and Tori to sleep on… in fact he’s proud of it. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Zach was too lazy to walk to the bathroom so he just pissed in the corner of his bedroom,

This isn't actually true. You're thinking of an early episode where Zach was a teenager relating a story to his friends where when he was a six or seven year old child, he was scared of the dark and peed on the floor of his bedroom because he was scared. So yeah it happened but not due to laziness and he was a young child when this happened.

I'm not saying Zach isn't lazy or dirty, just that "Zach was too lazy to get up so he peed on the floor" never happened and what did happen was something that little kids do. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Redrum said:

and what did happen was something that little kids do. 

I raised 6 kids, I have several grandchildren, countless nieces, nephews and friends with children and none of them ever peed on the floor at the age of six or seven so it’s not just something that little kids do.

Zach made a choice to pee on the floor, he wasn’t a toddler who had an accident 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Zach made a choice to pee on the floor, he wasn’t a toddler who had an accident 

But he was a young child and it was due to fear, not laziness. 

I'm not disagreeing that he was a gross teenager. But "too lazy to go to the bathroom" never happened. What did happen is something I can understand a young child doing. I used to get up in the middle of the night and turn on all of the lights to keep vampires away when I was six. A dumb thing to do, I freely admit, but I was six. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Folks:

1. Watch your tone.  Disagree without snapping.
  2. This is not the Amy thread.  While you can reference Zach's upbringing, let's not turn this into a full on conversation about Amy.
  3. People with dwarfism are more likely to have dental issues.  Yellowing teeth can be caused by heavy antibiotic usage which could occur with multiple early surgeries.  Teeth are often too large for the mouth leading to an open-mouthed appearance. Gum issues are more common even with good dental hygiene.  And as teeth are formed, for some they are not as solid as they would be for persons without dwarfism.  Let's take care in how we discuss dental issues for the dwarfs on the show. 
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Didn’t Zach use to shove Jacob around when he was younger or am I misremembering?

You may be right, but I don't remember that. I thought Jacob was taller than Zach even at his young age.

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

You may be right, but I don't remember that. I thought Jacob was taller than Zach even at his young age.

I seem to remember Jacob being picked on and bullied but I’m not sure if it was Zach or Jeremy and his idiot friends… maybe both

• Like 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I seem to remember Jacob being picked on and bullied but I’m not sure if it was Zach or Jeremy and his idiot friends… maybe both

It was all of the above. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Redrum said:

But he was a young child and it was due to fear, not laziness. 

I'm not disagreeing that he was a gross teenager. But "too lazy to go to the bathroom" never happened. What did happen is something I can understand a young child doing. I used to get up in the middle of the night and turn on all of the lights to keep vampires away when I was six. A dumb thing to do, I freely admit, but I was six. 

I don’t think turning on the light as a scared six yr old to keep vampires away is dumb at all, that IS something that little kids do, that’s why most sleep better with nightlights in their room… lots of children are scared of the dark and conjure up boogy men and monsters when the lights go out.

what 6 or 7 yr olds don’t tend to do is piss on the floor rather than turn on the light and go to the washroom.

Zach got out of his bed to go pee on the floor, it’s not like he was quaking with fear under his covers, too scared to move and peed his bed

• Love 11

Folks:

You are talking about children.  Very young children.  Children who sometimes misbehave or do seemingly terrible things.  Regardless, they are children who do not fully recognize the impact of their actions on others.  

It is okay to comment on their behaviors and on their perceived parents' lack of concern regarding these behaviors or seeming unwillingness to attempt to correct that behavior.  When discussing the children, let's keep in mind their age. 

People are escalating their comments to further their points in response to others disagreeing.  As always, no one wins an argument on the internet.  There is no need to double, triple, and quadruple down when making your point, especially if that escalation results in 1) you stating things to a level well beyond what you actually meant to say in the first place, and 2) is primarily in reaction to someone disagreeing with you. 

Posts have been removed.

Questions? PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do not discuss moderator actions on the forums. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 7/6/2022 at 6:10 PM, Absolom said:

I don't see how adding a third child is going to help Lilah unless Josiah serves as a distraction for Jackson so the parents pay more attention to Lilah.  

Just what Jackson needs another voodoo doll to POKE, PROD and KONK
Jackson was a jealous little brat from the very first time he saw Lilah,
remember his whining and tantrum in the hospital and his refusal to even look at Lilah or Tori because he didn't want to share his parents with anyone.
He still hates it and takes every opportunity to bump, shove, poke Lilah and sit on her head.
Why they're still allowing him to sit on her head is beyond me!
That should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Munchkin said:

Just what Jackson needs another voodoo doll to POKE, PROD and KONK
Jackson was a jealous little brat from the very first time he saw Lilah,
remember his whining and tantrum in the hospital and his refusal to even look at Lilah or Tori because he didn't want to share his parents with anyone.
He still hates it and takes every opportunity to bump, shove, poke Lilah and sit on her head.
Why they're still allowing him to sit on her head is beyond me!
That should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago.

because as @Irate Panda said, they have the mentality of 6th graders and not very smart 6th graders at that.  (sorry to all 6th graders)

They're the worst kind of morons.... morons with money who think they're smart.  

Zach is literally a dunce and Tori is right there with him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, Joan of Argh said:

It was Zach, and who would on occasion, let his friends beat up on Jacob too. Remember that time Zach shot Jacob point blank in the face with an airsoft gun? Yeah. Also, I remember Zach wailing on Jacob on the RV trip. Jeremy stayed out of their rumbles.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2022 at 11:22 PM, Irate Panda said:

I’m not familiar with Lilah’s issues other than being speech delayed but for those more familiar with the subject is her constant screaming because she’s actually trying to communicate, but maybe just doesn’t know how or is it because she’s scared?

My youngest had speech issues due to hearing difficulties though not as bad as Lilah. She didn’t scream as much but she could get really upset when we couldn’t understand her or when she lacked the words. 

The constant screaming is not normal, but I do recognise some of it being frustration , just like my daughter had. It’s so hard when you want to say something and you can’t or the other one doesn’t get you.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

My youngest had speech issues due to hearing difficulties though not as bad as Lilah.

I'm thinking hearing difficulties as well. She does talk a little and she actually does engage- I really don't think autism is in play.

Speaking personally I didn't speak clearly until I was almost four because of constant ear infections. Then I had ear tubes put in and my parents said it was like coming home with a different child. 

• Love 1
Just now, Redrum said:

Speaking personally I didn't speak clearly until I was almost four because of constant ear infections. Then I had ear tubes put in and my parents said it was like coming home with a different child. 

This! That’s what happened here. We discovered my daughter had problems with the pressure in her ears. So basically what we feel when a plane takes of or descends. But she had it 24/7…. The tubes made all the difference.

Taking this back to topic: Does anyone know if hearing difficulties or other ear issues are more common in LP? Also in relation to this; one of our moderators talked about issues regarding mouth and teeth in her warning post about how things are discussed. Some of these (such as bigger teeth and open mouth) do influence speech ability. So, for all we know, Lilah has multiple smaller issues that hold her back?

• Like 1
Just now, LilyD said:

So, for all we know, Lilah has multiple smaller issues that hold her back?

Zach actually has hearing difficulties. There was an entire episode when he was a teen where he was made to look stupid and foolish because he couldn't hear things being said. 

Matt also made a show of wearing hearing aids for his DUI trial. 

I hope they get her tested. My mom often said if I had been her first child and not her bonus surprise 'the doctor said I couldn't have any more and then there you were' child, that she would never have had more. Apparently I was the difficult child who refused to eat, didn't speak and seemed off in her own little world. Until the ear tubes.

Note - the family does now suspect I may have the autism in mild form. :D

• Love 2
On 7/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, Redrum said:

I'm thinking hearing difficulties as well. She does talk a little and she actually does engage- I really don't think autism is in play.

Our grandson was born 3 days after Lilah and has been going to speech therapy for 6 months or so.  There wasn't a particular reason for his delay, except he is a COVID kid and never in daycare, so he didn't have as much opportunity to be around lots of spoken word.  The difference speech therapy has made is remarkable!  I sure hope they consider it for Lilah.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

"Hearing problems" is a good excuse, but there are simple enough ways to determine that; when they say her name, even when she's across the room, she responds with "EH?" so it's pretty obvious that she can hear perfectly fine...

She was also fussy from almost Day One and late to hold her head up, so she just seems more severely developmentally delayed/disabled than Jackson.  Apparently it's a crap shoot with dwarves; they may be perfectly healthy like Amy or face a lot of various challenges in life; it'll be interesting to see how "Sigh Sigh" does and if they have more kids.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 7/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, Endora said:

Their children are dwarfs, they talked about Zach’s genes being very dominant.  IMO their children will never look like Tori and always look like a Roloff.  

I don't understand this statement.  Yes, all achons look like achons, but they still inherit certain facial features unique to them and their families.  I personally think Jackson looks like Tori, who in turn looks like her father.  Jonah Johnston on the other dwarf show is a clone of his father, even though his mother is also an achon.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/7/2022 at 6:10 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I remember it being mostly Zach.  Obviously, displaced aggression/frustration.  When he made his "pack of dwarves" statement, it was clear how left out he felt among his average-size siblings and also how resentful he must have been/be.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 5:23 AM, Irate Panda said:

It’s down right disrespectful and potentially dangerous to Lilah and he does it repeatedly, but Z&T seem to think it’s funny for some weird reason. Zach pushing Tori while holding Jackson is funny, Tori questioning Zach intelligence repeatedly under the guise of teasing is funny.  They seem stuck at the maturity level of 6th graders (an insult to some 6th graders).  Didn’t Zach use to shove Jacob around when he was younger or am I misremembering?

They seem to like to embarrass each other on tv and the internet.  I’m not the biggest fan of either of them, but if one of them were my spouse, I’d try not to embarrass them on the daily. I mean Zach laughing when their kid face plants into the ground is very strange to me.  I’m not saying they don’t love their kids, I’m sure they do, but they seem to have little to no shame especially Zach.  I mean he seems proud of the weirdest things like being cheap and unhygienic.  It’s all so very odd.

I haven't noticed Zach being demeaning to Tori, but I've definitely noticed that demeaning Zach (while alternately building him up ridiculously) seems to be her favorite "schtick."  There's a thing in recent years where it's considered funny or cool to put down the husband/father in the family; my own SIL delights in doing this, and it drives me crazy.  I think Zach realizes how amazingly lucky he was to land a decent-looking, halfway respectable, average-size woman and isn't about to do anything to anger her or jeopardize it.  And if that means severing relations with certain family members, so be it.

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Dibs said:

don't understand this statement.  Yes, all achons look like achons, but they still inherit certain facial features unique to them and their families

IMO, I don’t see Tori at all in those kids, I think they look like Amy and Zach.  Guess we just see it differently.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, ginger90 said:

I’m just wondering if when the eye doctor told Zack and Tori to cover Lilas one eye with a patch he knew they would let her drive a car that way??

Edited by Jeanne222
Trying to remove Gingers quote!
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
On 7/12/2022 at 8:19 PM, Dibs said:

"Hearing problems" is a good excuse, but there are simple enough ways to determine that; when they say her name, even when she's across the room, she responds with "EH?" so it's pretty obvious that she can hear perfectly fine...

Yep, so they said about mine.... She just happened to be a very clever girl who managed to figure out things her way and even mastered lip reading at the age of 4... Even hearing tests didn't give a full and reliable result. We knew for sure when she got grommets/ear tubes. The first few days after the procedure she refused to get out of the house because all the noise drove her absolutely crazy! We literally sneaked through the house and put the tv almost on mute!  It took her another week to adjust to the normal noise levels of school.

Don't know for sure about Lilah. All I can think of, is that speech issues could be related to hearing but that doesn't necessarily have to be so. If it is, I hope she gets proper treatment for it.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2022 at 11:19 AM, Dibs said:

She was also fussy from almost Day One and late to hold her head up, so she just seems more severely developmentally delayed/disabled than Jackson.  Apparently it's a crap shoot with dwarves; they may be perfectly healthy like Amy or face a lot of various challenges in life; it'll be interesting to see how "Sigh Sigh" does and if they have more kids.

I agree, I've seen them talk to Lilah when her back is turned or she's looking down and she always acknowledges with a grunt or an EH?

She can obviously hear them and isn't lip reading.

She doesn't talk like an average 2 yr old and they aren't helping matters by making Jackson the center of attention.

I think she's developmentally delayed, she also falls down a lot for a 2 yr old.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

The first smart thing that I have heard her say since she married Zach. 

She can "smart" things all day and all night. The reality is, if she actually follows through with "no more children". I will be very surprised if these 2 rabbits stop breeding.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She was asked if she’ll be going back to work. She said perhaps when all of her children are in school, but she wouldn’t go back in the same capacity.

Didn't she teach kindergarten; isn't that just half a day?  Don't work too hard, Tori!

My guess is also that the doctor ex-nayed a fourth (fifth, and sixth; weren't they planning on seven?) C-section, but - unless she got her tubes tied with this last delivery - I wouldn't put it past Dumb/Dumber to have a "Whoops!" pregnancy.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1