Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Twit's back from CurvyCon, so it's time for another desperate pitch for her cruise:

??⚓️Swipe through to see the amazing women of the second-annual #NoBodyShameAtSea cruise (Dec. 3-10, 2017 to Honduras, Belize, and Mexico)! This year is going to be even bigger and better than last year — go to www.nobodyshameatsea.com to book!???
We've got Valerie Sagun teaching yoga; Melissa Fabello is our resident feminist writer & sexpert; plus model Kelsey Olson will be leading a modeling workshop; Nichole Alex Wyatt will be photographing a lucky winner in her own tropical photo shoot; Sarah Sapora will share her journey of self-love from the inside out & I'll be there with my family and friends to teach a dance class, give a talk, take selfies, sign books, and just generally hang out for all the fun in Honduras, Belize, and Mexico. It's December 3-10, but you've still got time to snag a cabin!

And note that she is no longer "Star of MBFFL," but now "TV Personality." ETA: I also have noticed that neither her FB page nor MBFFL's advertises any more that she can be seen at 9/8 on Tuesdays. That fiction was a long time coming down.

FB_IMG_1505600487773.jpg

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 1

She doesn't care?

And what are the black lines coming out of the back of the dress?  Maybe the dress ties in the back?  Just looks like it shouldn't be there.

Edited by Cache
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cache said:

She doesn't care?

And what are the black lines coming out of the back of the dress?  Maybe the dress ties in the back?  Just looks like it shouldn't be there.

Upon closer inspection, it's entirely possible that the dress didn't zip up, so she had to use ties to secure it. It certainly doesn't appear to fit. It's probably only a 4XL.

• Love 4

!

And note that she is no longer "Star of MBFFL," but now "TV Personality." ETA: I also have noticed that neither her FB page nor MBFFL's advertises any more that she can be seen at 9/8 on Tuesdays. That fiction was a long time coming down.

Most likely she doesn't own the term "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" and when the show ends, she gets nothing. No residuals, no money for views on TLCgo.com or any of that sweet Youtube money.

Now that I think about it, makes more sense.  What would you rather attend?  My Big Fat Fabulous Sea Cruise or No Body Shame At Sea?  Especially when it's mostly only people who are obese.  No Leg Amputees, no burn victims, no random older people (that's all I can think of from her nobs commercial).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

HER BRA IS SHOWING, WHYYYYYYY. I mean sweet Christ, if I'm getting professional photos taken, I'm making goddamn sure my undergarments aren't hanging out in plain sight.

That the first thing I noticed about the photo, too. And looking at the way the dress drapes, I agree that it appears not to fit her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit's back from CurvyCon, so it's time for another desperate pitch for her cruise:

??⚓️Swipe through to see the amazing women of the second-annual #NoBodyShameAtSea cruise (Dec. 3-10, 2017 to Honduras, Belize, and Mexico)! This year is going to be even bigger and better than last year — go to www.nobodyshameatsea.com to book!???
We've got Valerie Sagun teaching yoga; Melissa Fabello is our resident feminist writer & sexpert; plus model Kelsey Olson will be leading a modeling workshop; Nichole Alex Wyatt will be photographing a lucky winner in her own tropical photo shoot; Sarah Sapora will share her journey of self-love from the inside out & I'll be there with my family and friends to teach a dance class, give a talk, take selfies, sign books, and just generally hang out for all the fun in Honduras, Belize, and Mexico. It's December 3-10, but you've still got time to snag a cabin!

FB_IMG_1505600487773.jpg

Naturally she has to have a "sexpert". And she'll probably hurt herself again.I hope it's a major disaster. 

• Love 3

Not only is Twit offering up a "sexpert," but also a "plus model." I thought it was just a typo until a Nit-Whit gushed about how much nicer that designation is than "plus-size."

HUH?

• Love 2

For someone with hair related problems, she changes her hair color an awful lot. I don't know what her natural color is, but over the past couple years we've seen her as a brunette, brunette with ombre blond, and now ombre red. Dyeing your hair is really hard on it, and given her hair loss issues seems like a bad choice. 

I've said it before, but whoever she's using as a photographer has got to go. That side angle is by far not her most flattering, especially with a super visible dead center bra strap. While tailoring can be expensive, she really needs to invest in a few solid pieces that fit perfectly for media appearances/photos.

Edited by alabetser
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, alabetser said:

For someone with hair related problems, she changes her hair color an awful lot. I don't know what her natural color is, but over the past couple years we've seen her as a brunette, brunette with ombre blond, and now ombre red.

I'm not positive, but I think I've seen that photo -- or one in the same dress -- before. I think she was photographed some time before the present as I believe she's heavier now than that photo indicates. (But I could be wrong.)

• Love 1
10 hours ago, alabetser said:

For someone with hair related problems, she changes her hair color an awful lot. I don't know what her natural color is, but over the past couple years we've seen her as a brunette, brunette with ombre blond, and now ombre red. Dyeing your hair is really hard on it, and given her hair loss issues seems like a bad choice. 

I've said it before, but whoever she's using as a photographer has got to go. That side angle is by far not her most flattering, especially with a super visible dead center bra strap. While tailoring can be expensive, she really needs to invest in a few solid pieces that fit perfectly for media appearances/photos.

Right? I've got thick, healthy hair and am currently transitioning to blonde highlights.  Even with healthy hair, my stylist is being super careful not to fry it because it's so easy to do. Now imagine someone like Whitney.......willing to bet there are extensions involved. 

I don't think there's any angle to photograph Whitney from that would be more flattering. It's not like trying to hide a little imperfection. Not trying to be mean, but when someone's that big, it just doesn't matter. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, alabetser said:

And I don't mean to sound mean, but do her two front teeth look abnormally long to anyone else?

Yeah, I've commented on that before. It has the effect of giving her smile a kinda goofy effect.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, qqererer said:

Most likely she doesn't own the term "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" and when the show ends, she gets nothing. No residuals, no money for views on TLCgo.com or any of that sweet Youtube money.

Now that I think about it, makes more sense.  What would you rather attend?  My Big Fat Fabulous Sea Cruise or No Body Shame At Sea?  Especially when it's mostly only people who are obese.  No Leg Amputees, no burn victims, no random older people (that's all I can think of from her nobs commercial).

TLC isn't sponsoring the cruise, so they (1) can't use "MBBFL" on the cruise and (2) can't mention the cruise - or even the cruise line - on the show.  No cross-contamination marketing.  You know that the network is getting a cut for something advertised as the "MasterChef At Sea" cruise.  They see it as a potential moneymaker.  Ain't no money to be made from seeing a fat lady on a cruise ship - that's an everyday occurrence.  

• Love 6

Ain't no money to be made from seeing a fat lady on a cruise ship - that's an everyday occurrence.  

Oh boy, ain't that the truth.  The Lido Buffets are usually all out scrums with all the elbows flying. The ethos seems to be that the food is just about to run out.  I prefer to order room service for dinner and eat on the balcony with my SO when in port. I remember a certain transatlantic voyage when a woman was apparently adhering to the South Beach diet. She kept ordering sandwiches at tea time eating the filling and discarding the bread. I like the good life but I abhor waste.

I don't mean to sound mean, but do her two front teeth look abnormally long to anyone else?

Given the difference in color with the surrounding teeth I once again call: PHOTOSHOP!

• Love 3

Random thoughts of a Sunday morn:

? Reduced to calling yourself a "TV personality" rather than star-of-something is the kiss of death. It's like being a "consultant" in Silicon Valley: everyone knows it's a euphemism for UNEMPLOYED.

? The cruise bookings have been stalled at about the same level for several months. Yet Twit continues to add people to her entourage. How are all of them going to get a free berth?

? I'm wondering if Twit talked TLC into delaying any announcement about MBFFL's status until after the cruise. Thinking again of my days in Silicon Valley: if a high echelon guy -- it was always a guy -- was fired, he was allowed to keep his office & phone for several months until he found a new job, as in the ol' " it's easier to get a job if you already have one." I'm sure Twit would find far fewer cruise suckers if they realized she was no longer a "star" to smooze with.

? I think there are 3 reasons MBFFL may never be renewed:

1) They hate her.

2) She's become too immobile to do her fake fabulous stuff.

3) TLC is tired of her self-aggrandizement to line her own pockets (cruise, clothing & tchotchkes) which don't bring a penny to the TLC coffers.

? I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching her lead her cruise dance class.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Random thoughts of a Sunday morn:

? Reduced to calling yourself a "TV personality" rather than star-of-something is the kiss of death. It's like being a "consultant" in Silicon Valley: everyone knows it's a euphemism for UNEMPLOYED.

? The cruise bookings have been stalled at about the same level for several months. Yet Twit continues to add people to her entourage. How are all of them going to get a free berth?

? I'm wondering if Twit talked TLC into delaying any announcement about MBFFL's status until after the cruise. Thinking again of my days in Silicon Valley: if a high echelon guy -- it was always a guy -- was fired, he was allowed to keep his office & phone for several months until he found a new job, as in the ol' " it's easier to get a job if you already have one." I'm sure Twit would find far fewer cruise suckers if they realized she was no longer a "star" to smooze with.

? I think there are 3 reasons MBFFL may never be renewed:

1) They hate her.

3) TLC is tired of her self-aggrandizement to line her own pockets (cruise, clothing & tchotchkes) which don't bring a penny to the TLC coffers.

? I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching her lead her cruise dance class.

Ha! Spot on, especially number 1! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Dot said:

1) They hate her.

I wonder if the PA that she's seen draping her leg over on her bed is the same PA that she tried to get fired when he told Kerryn Feehan that twit smoked like a chimney.

Probably not, but I just wanted to remind people of that moment.

7 hours ago, Dot said:

I don't know.  That Fitness Marshall episode and the resultant Youtube vid was the most I've ever seen her move in the longest continuous take she has ever taken in her entire dance career.

• Love 3

That Fitness Marshall episode and the resultant Youtube vid was the most I've ever seen her move in the longest continuous take she has ever taken in her entire dance career.

I was slightly amazed at this however I thought she was struggling to keep going toward the end. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, qqererer said:

That Fitness Marshall episode and the resultant Youtube vid was the most I've ever seen her move in the longest continuous take she has ever taken in her entire dance career.

Don't forget that the video was filmed in early November, 2016  and not aired until early April, 2017, with the Season 4 finale taking place at the end of April. So even if she was capable of dancing for a few consecutive minutes in the video, there was six months between then and the end of her season for her ability to "dance" to deteriorate significantly. Especially with her traumatic toe injury in December 2016 on the cruise. And her other traumatic toe injury at some undetermined point where she sometimes needed a boot and sometimes didn't. That's not even taking into account the weight she visibly (to me, at least) gained during that time.

• Love 5

@Ketzel, you took the words right out of my mouth. There's no way she could wheeze her way thru a Mr Fit routine at her current wgt.

In fact, she's quit doing little dance videos on her FB page as well even tho she now has her personal home dance studio.

Which brings up a funny story:

A male Nit-Whit commented: "Thanks for not answering the door at the studio today -- completely disappointing."

Twit's exasperated reply was: "I can't pretend to have any idea what you're talking about, but if you mean the dance studio, I'm disappointed that you don't realize I don't own it nor live there and in fact, haven't even been holding class there in months... Jesus. ?" (I have to admit I agree with her exasperation.)

Anyway, the guy apologized & claimed his stupidity was because he isn't the fan, his wife & daughter are, so he was not aware of her situation.

But note that she hasn't held a BGDC in months -- an admission of how phony the whole concept has always been.

Which remind me of something else interesting. The MBFFL FB page carries an advice-from-Twit column every month. This month's column is a fake; it's a repeat (without saying so) of her April column. In it she says she hopes to franchise BGDC, certify instructors as Zumba does, then she & Todd will make a kind of "world tour" stopping off at all the studios. (So praise for her beauty & inspiration can be heaped on her, obviously.)

Dream on, Big Girl.

• Love 8

Glad to see she's still being an asshole to her fan base. Never change, Whit! 

In regard to her franchising BGDC, I cannot understand why she didn't do exactly that. I know she's lazy, but that's just the kind of hustle that will allow for her to (after some hard work getting it up, running, and self-sustaining) just lie back and reap the rewards for years. It was practically gift-wrapped for her, but she didn't jump on it, and now, between her ballooning weight and immobility and her declining popularity, the window is all but closed.

I don't feel bad for her exactly, because she's a bully and a nasty person, but it still strikes me as such a waste.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dot said:

The MBFFL FB page carries an advice-from-Twit column every month. This month's column is a fake; it's a repeat (without saying so) of her April column. In it she says she hopes to franchise BGDC, certify instructors as Zumba does, then she & Todd will make a kind of "world tour" stopping off at all the studios.

I can't imagine to what standards she's be able to certify people.  Sounds airy-fairy to me.

56 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

In regard to her franchising BGDC, I cannot understand why she didn't do exactly that.

See above comment.  What's to franchise that's worth paying for. 

• Love 4
On 9/16/2017 at 11:05 PM, alabetser said:

Even if the  dress DID fit well, that colour looks terrible on her - the whole colour-thing going on just makes her look sickly. The fact that the bra strap is showing because of the gape in the bodice and the weird drape of the dress just makes her look even bigger. As pointed out up-thread - for a professional photo to advertise her cruise you'd think she could do better. 

On 9/16/2017 at 9:06 PM, Dot said:

Not only is Twit offering up a "sexpert," but also a "plus model." I thought it was just a typo until a Nit-Whit gushed about how much nicer that designation is than "plus-size."

HUH?

I'm sorry. A "plus model" is someone who models plusses. That is all. 

• Love 5

She's a lazy dummy.  She could have had a NOBS BGDC touring career like Fit Marshal does.  He choreographs zumba to pop songs, slaps them for free on YT, the shills 'master classes' (lol whut?) around the country.

But noooooo, she had to do the lazy route and do the Werk Wit Whitney DVD.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, qqererer said:

She's a lazy dummy.  She could have had a NOBS BGDC touring career like Fit Marshal does.  He choreographs zumba to pop songs, slaps them for free on YT, the shills 'master classes' (lol whut?) around the country.

But noooooo, she had to do the lazy route and do the Werk Wit Whitney DVD.

You're right!

I keep saying that she should have totally capitalized on her Z-list fame and started her own You Tube series while she was hot. I know people who are making $10,000-50,000 a month right now JUST doing YT videos. I've very slowly started getting involved myself and while it's time consuming (the filming, the editing, etc.) it's not that hard. She already has a fan base. She could have been putting up regular "dance" videos. Interviewed people about body shame and bullying, do little tours of her life and day, taped doctors' visits, done cooking demonstrations, reviewed makeup tips and clothing tips for plus-sized women.. (I know, I know, some of this is the opposite of what Whitney does, but a lot of people are making a bundle off of this stuff and she could, too, because she has a platform. She could fake it.) She basically has free reign to do whatever she wants online and her fans would have watched her. I think it's too late for that, though. The best time to get into things like this is on your way up, not on your way down. 

• Love 4
On 9/16/2017 at 6:44 PM, ClareWalks said:

HER BRA IS SHOWING, WHYYYYYYY. I mean sweet Christ, if I'm getting professional photos taken, I'm making goddamn sure my undergarments aren't hanging out in plain sight.

Knowing Whit, she probably thinks it makes her look sexy. You know, giving her peeps a little glimpse of the old undergarments. 

• Love 3

Desperation pitches for the cruise are coming fast & furious -- & frequently -- these days. Today in a live chat Twit pimps out her mother, promising Babs will "hang out" with you if you just please, please, please book a cabin.

People who put down deposits had to make their final pymt in Aug. Yet Twit is still shilling the cruise. Perhaps someone who cruises often can answer this question: at some point in time, doesn't the cruise line tell her "you're done" & take back the unsold cabins to sell themselves?

BTW, I loved the Nit-Whit who asked about a discount since the sailing date is now so close.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Dot said:

People who put down deposits had to make their final pymt in Aug. Yet Twit is still shilling the cruise. Perhaps someone who cruises often can answer this question: at some point in time, doesn't the cruise line tell her "you're done" & take back the unsold cabins to sell themselves?

This is JMO, but I've cruised 18 times.  I suspect that if there's no deposit for cabins that Whitney has "reserved," if the cruise ship needs them, they'll take them and sell them.  For example:  Let's says that Twit has 50 cabins reserved (pause to laugh) and only 30 are sold (laughing even louder).  If the rest of the ship is sold out and someone calls and says they want to reserve a cabin for that cruise ("and here's my credit card number"), the cruise line will tell Twit that she now only has 19 cabins available.  And the less cabins she has available, the less she can depend on to provide free berths for her and the Twitnits.  This is probably especially true now that it's September and the cruise is in December.

Oh, and in answer to the person who wants a discount because they're close to the sailing date, I don't think this qualifies as "close" yet.  Discounts are given BY THE CRUISE LINE for "last-minute" vacancies.  And the discount would probably not apply to people signing up for Twit's tomfoolery.  The cruise line would expect Twit to eat part of the fare (if not the full discounted amount), and I can't see Twit doing that.

If someone has better facts, I'll admit to being wrong.

• Love 6

Another thing, I had friend who was on a cruise to Cuba early in the month.
First few days fine, hell of a time getting a flight home or anywhere, when line realized taking the hurricane at sea wasn't a good idea.
She finally landed somewhere, couldn't get to Tampa to get her car, but went to stay with family, and finally got her car retrieved, and home.
No matter who the "celebrity" is, Caribbean cruise is going to be a hard sell about now.

• Love 3

Twit probably negotiated with the cruiseline to guarantee a certain number of berths to house the special guest speakers based on her Season 3 ratings, but since Season 4 has been such a dud in viewership, the special guests will still probably show up with free berths, but any 'profit' twit gets from shilling all goes down the drain.  Twit will still be obligated to show up, and do the work of a glorified gentleman dancer, but get downgraded to shared interior cabins.

• Love 4

Twit seems to be hinting to the Nit-Whits that a new season of MBFFL is in the works which will include a story arc with Nada Louis. Or am I reading too much into her caption?

Twit: "I can't yet tell the story of how I know this beautiful woman, but if you keep glued to your TV, you might just find out ?. Happy birthday, Nada! I am proud to call you my friend."

FB_IMG_1505964068016.jpg

So it's been slow at work and I've been watching YouTube videos from "All Hat No Cattle" guy who uses footage of Twit and calls her out on her bullshit. Has anyone else seen these? They're AWESOME. If anyone has the time, it's worth watching (apologies if this has been discussed previously, harder to look back on my phone)  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit seems to be hinting to the Nit-Whits that a new season of MBFFL is in the works which will include a story arc with Nada Louis. Or am I reading too much into her caption?

Twit: "I can't yet tell the story of how I know this beautiful woman, but if you keep glued to your TV, you might just find out ?. Happy birthday, Nada! I am proud to call you my friend."

FB_IMG_1505964068016.jpg

I wonder if she's trying to drum up interest in another season since she's still not gotten renewed. I do find it interesting that she looks smaller than Nada in this photo. Is that an older picture?

4 hours ago, MegD said:

Is that an older picture?

Apparently, from a comment Nada makes back to Twit.

I don't understand Twit's -- and now Nada's -- obsession with calf-length tutus. She's got another one in teal that she's been photographed in & also sells, I think. I'm having a sr. moment & can't remember the name of the material. But I remember it as being scratchy, stiff & uncomfortable when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

I'm having a sr. moment & can't remember the name of the material.

Tulle? It is definitely scratchy, plus it makes them look like overgrown toddlers playing dress-up. Newsflash, bitches, you ain't Carrie Bradshaw in the opening credits of Sex And the City.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Tulle? It is definitely scratchy, plus it makes them look like overgrown toddlers playing dress-up. Newsflash, bitches, you ain't Carrie Bradshaw in the opening credits of Sex And the City.

And it looked ridiculous on Carrie Bradshaw even! 

• Love 8

But they're fairy princesses, dontchaknow?  How can you be a fairy princess without a tutu?  And that other chick's legs are already lumpy.  Hate to think of what they look like today.  Guess we should all be happy that they are both wearing bras, so it could be worse.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Dot said:

FB_IMG_1505964068016.jpg

This looks like a Diane Arbus photograph.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

And that other chick's legs are already lumpy.  Hate to think of what they look like today. 

Also Nada's upper arms. And we know that Twit now has lipidema in her thighs.

• Love 2
On 9/18/2017 at 1:57 PM, Dot said:

Which brings up a funny story:

A male Nit-Whit commented: "Thanks for not answering the door at the studio today -- completely disappointing."

I mis-read that as "Thanks FOR answering the door -- completely disappointing." And I laughed.

• Love 1