Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Here's a Business Insider article explaining how celebs make money off Cameo. LINK

To share a Cameo video, users head to the Cameo website, choose a celebrity, and plug in the recipient's name, their own email address and phone number, and some information about what the event is or what their relationship with the recipient is like.

The order can be refused if it's inappropriate or damaging to the star's image, but the site says there are no set rules about what you can and cannot request, and "as long as the request is appropriate," Cameo says the celebrities will fill the order.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She was there in 2017, giving a talk on "Do It With The Lights On: Confident Sex Love and Dating."  Don't know if she was invited back this year.

I just went to the website for the conference. She's not on the list of speakers/featured guests.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:00 AM, Brooks said:

8 eggs for breakfast for someone that size is healthy, especially if pastured (ok, no, not Whit).  What wasn't was the extra large bowl of Fruit Loops she inhaled.

So, my desktop has adblock, but my phone doesn't. I was reading all this about Twit and her eggs and the next ad was how to sign up for food stamps on line!  The mysteries of the interwebs...

• Love 8
11 hours ago, The Tex Kitten said:

In sorry, is Tal a celebrity with fans now?

Not only that, but both Twit & he are "public figures" according to their respective IG profiles.

6 hours ago, Brooks said:

Perhaps a Tal-centric message, like enjoy your birthday but don't indulge in any birthday cake, because, you know.

Because as Twit's poodle, Tal doesn't like cake, too?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/thecurvycon-2018-livestream-watch-conference-september-7th-8th-214200742.html

So is Whitney at this “curvy con” thing?  They seem to be all about shaming designers for not having enough fat clothes. 

Twit was asked if she'd be at curvycom a few months back & she said "no" as she had not been invited -- to speak, I assume she meant, since anyone who wants to pay the fee can attend. She added that she would go if invited. She has obviously not been invited.

I watched her participation last year & can understand why she's not invited back. To say her performance was underwhelming is understatement. She was on a panel; every time she answered a Q, she waved her book around & made sure to insert something salacious within her answer, while smirking (which seems to be her notion of looking senshus). She was an embarrassment, I'm sure, to the women who organize this event.

• Love 11
On 9/7/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

You nailed it with this observation.  She has several photos of herself that are clearly photo-shopped. She is so full of shit that it must hurt 

I mean if she'd drop the bullshit she could probably lose a ton or two.

21 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Reading the questions about how she uses an airplane bathroom, I just want to reiterate this. Imagine having to plan your life so much around your obese body that you have to give serious consideration to how you’ll use the toilet on a plane or in your cruise berth, or what you’ll need to manage your skin chafing, or even if you’ll be able to sit down where you’re eating. It must be so exhausting and demoralizing.

But right after that is where Whitney, and the larger FA movement, loses me, because instead of making a different lifestyle choice for one’s comfort and convenience—not even to mention one’s health, they maintain that the world is the problem, and should change to accommodate them. Whitney is especially egregious, because she has all the resources and support in the world to choose a different life, and yet. 

Everything in her life involves considering the weight limit first, and you can easily see from the videos that she posts that if there's no motorized transport she simply can't do it. The restaurant with ML&R where she was talking about having to make sure the places she eats have chairs without arms. The horse riding where she exceeded the horse's weight limit. The recent IG picture and "story video" of her doing the climbing gym where it took a specially custom made harness and multiple belayers to get her two feet off the ground. The jet ski video on IG where the thing could barely move. The fact that she alone takes up more space on an ATV than a typical rider plus passenger would. Whitney weighs more than my motorcycle does because its curb weight, fully fueled and ready to ride, is 330 pounds.

If ever someone wanted a real lesson in why not to be obese, her IG is quite the education.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Here's a Business Insider article explaining how celebs make money off Cameo. LINK

Thanks for this info, @Ketzel. I went to the link and read that "[the website owner] wants Cameo to let the smaller celebrities of the world 'better connect with you as a fan.' " So that explains how Tal & Twit ended up being on Cameo -- they are definitely in the class of "smaller celebrities." Well, except Twit (snark intended).

I also went to the Cameo website & scrolled thru the "Reality" group. Boy, "smaller" is actually hyperbole. Granted, I don't watch much reality TV, but out of several hundred ppl in the group, I only recognized a half-dozen besides Tal & Twit. Calling these ppl celebrities, no matter how small, is really absurd.

Tal doesn't mention a fee in his IG promotion of Cameo; he makes it sound as tho he is sending a greeting simply as a charitable impulse. Even more interesting: if you do order a greeting from Tal or Twit, you aren't told how much it will cost. I guess you learn that when you pay.

ETA: @Pachengala pointed out down thread that the Cameo fee is shown on a red banner just above where you insert yr credit card number. And how embarrassing for Twit & Tal to be on this site at the prices they are worth!

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit was asked if she'd be at curvycom a few months back & she said "no" as she had not been invited -- to speak, I assume she meant, since anyone who wants to pay the fee can attend. She added that she would go if invited. She has obviously not been invited.

I watched her participation last year & can understand why she's not invited back. To say her performance was underwhelming is understatement. She was on a panel; every time she answered a Q, she waved her book around & made sure to insert something salacious within her answer, while smirking (which seems to be her notion of looking senshus). She was an embarrassment, I'm sure, to the women who organize this event.

Ugh that sounds horrible. And frankly it’s pretty bad to be so embarrassing that you aren’t asked back by people willing to put on something called ‘curvy-con’. Their embarrassment tolerance has to be pretty high. 

Btw - can I tell you how much I hate that name. I despise when the word curvy is used to replace fat. They are not remotely the same thing. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

I mean if she'd drop the bullshit she could probably lose a ton or two.

Everything in her life involves considering the weight limit first, and you can easily see from the videos that she posts that if there's no motorized transport she simply can't do it. The restaurant with ML&R where she was talking about having to make sure the places she eats have chairs without arms. The horse riding where she exceeded the horse's weight limit. The recent IG picture and "story video" of her doing the climbing gym where it took a specially custom made harness and multiple belayers to get her two feet off the ground. The jet ski video on IG where the thing could barely move. The fact that she alone takes up more space on an ATV than a typical rider plus passenger would. Whitney weighs more than my motorcycle does because its curb weight, fully fueled and ready to ride, is 330 pounds.

If ever someone wanted a real lesson in why not to be obese, her IG is quite the education.

Many many years ago I was obese. Nowhere near Shitney's size, but at 5'6" 258# obese all the same. Yes, it's fucking exhausting. First there's the issue of hauling all that body around. That's hard work. Then you have to think about what clothes you can wear, because things like pantyhose don't necessarily come in your size. Not being able to wear pantyhose *used to* rule out wearing a skirt. That means no matter how fucking hot it is, you wear slacks. And you never go sleeveless because you don't want to display the hams you call arms.

And your feet hurt.

And airplanes are a nightmare, as are restaurants that have only booths. 

I guess her life hasn't gotten uncomfortable enough yet. 

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Many many years ago I was obese. Nowhere near Shitney's size, but at 5'6" 258# obese all the same. Yes, it's fucking exhausting. First there's the issue of hauling all that body around. That's hard work. Then you have to think about what clothes you can wear, because things like pantyhose don't necessarily come in your size. Not being able to wear pantyhose *used to* rule out wearing a skirt. That means no matter how fucking hot it is, you wear slacks. And you never go sleeveless because you don't want to display the hams you call arms.

And your feet hurt.

And airplanes are a nightmare, as are restaurants that have only booths. 

I guess her life hasn't gotten uncomfortable enough yet. 

The bold part is probably only because other people do everything for her. So she doesn’t have to do things that are uncomfortable. And since she has no sense of appropriateness it doesn’t bother her in the least that her friends have to put cream on her or that she has to use a stick to wipe her ass. In fact she loves the attention. 

• Love 14

Back from AK, back in the gym with Daddy, back to videotaping her workou on IG. Amazingly, today she includes a cardio exercise, sprinting from one wall to the other & back. Granted, a Twit "sprint" ain't exactly fast, but I give her credit for doing something that might actually be a healthy choice.

Many of her fans have been going nuts over the past few months, viz., post-HI, about how much wgt she's lost. She no longer responds to these comments. To lose wgt is, of course, to belie her false narrative that fat is healthy. But she has certainly lost some wgt since that fiasco in HI, whether or not she is willing to admit it.

How great would it be if she renounced fat activism & returned to the premise TLC presented in the first season & a half: work on losing pounds but don't let your wgt get in the way of your enjoyment of life while getting healthy. From the comments of many of you, that's what attracted you -- along with me -- to MBFFL in the first place. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Tal doesn't mention a fee in his IG promotion of Cameo; he makes it sound as tho he is sending a greeting simply as a charitable impulse. Even more interesting: if you do order a greeting from Tal or Twit, you aren't told how much it will cost. I guess you learn that when you pay.

Tal and Whitney are $10 and $15 respectively, which makes me die laughing because it’s so cheap. Dina Lohan is $75, for fuck’s sake. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Dot said:

Back from AK, back in the gym with Daddy, back to videotaping her workou on IG. Amazingly, today she includes a cardio exercise, sprinting from one wall to the other & back. Granted, a Twit "sprint" ain't exactly fast, but I give her credit for doing something that might actually be a healthy choice.

Many of her fans have been going nuts over the past few months, viz., post-HI, about how much wgt she's lost. She no longer responds to these comments. To lose wgt is, of course, to belie her false narrative that fat is healthy. But she has certainly lost some wgt since that fiasco in HI, whether or not she is willing to admit it.

How great would it be if she renounced fat activism & returned to the premise TLC presented in the first season & a half: work on losing pounds but don't let your wgt get in the way of your enjoyment of life while getting healthy. From the comments of many of you, that's what attracted you -- along with me -- to MBFFL in the first place. 

I read some of the comments on her IG feed. People were commenting about her weight loss and some of her worshippers got all huffy "STOP TALKING ABOUT HER WEIGHT!" Rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain stem. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dot said:

There was also the question of her actual appearance. At a conference specifically organized around fashion (it was even held at the same time as New York Fashion Week) she completely missed the not-so-subtle message that participants were expected to strut their best fashion stuff.

curvy-con-g (800x800).jpg

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

There was also the question of her actual appearance. At a conference specifically organized around fashion (it was even held at the same time as New York Fashion Week) she completely missed the not-so-subtle message that participants were expected to strut their best fashion stuff.

That IS her best fashion stuff. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

Tal and Whitney are $10 and $15 respectively, which makes me die laughing because it’s so cheap. Dina Lohan is $75, for fuck’s sake. 

How'd you figure out how to access the fees? I couldn't see a way. (Maybe bc I use a Kindle Fire tablet which sometimes doesn't include as much as a laptop.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

How'd you figure out how to access the fees? I couldn't see a way. (Maybe bc I use a Kindle Fire tablet which sometimes doesn't include as much as a laptop.)

You have to click their picture and then scroll to the bottom. Most seem to be in the $50-$100 range. I’ve heard of almost none of them. Danica Mckellar is $60 but she’s doing it for pediatric cancer. Kathy Griffin is $499. Kaitlyn Jenner is $1000 (and she labels herself an ‘icon’). It amazes me that anyone pays for this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

@Dot if you click on the ‘celebrity’s’ Cameo profile and scroll down, it has their specific rate. Here’s Whitney’s: 

6DF25659-3CEE-45F5-98B7-680FB0C91CF9.jpeg

Thanks, I see it now. I didn't scroll down far enuf. I've corrected my upthread comment.

3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

And the woman sitting next to Twit WAS invited back this year. So it's not as tho the sponsors were including only new faces bodies this year.

I had forgotten that awful orange tanktop Twit wore with such pride -- from her very own frumpwear line, I presume.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

And the woman sitting next to Twit WAS invited back this year. So it's not as tho the sponsors were including only new faces bodies this year.

That woman is Ashley Nell Tipton, the first designer of plus-size fashion to win Project Runway. In the world of reality celebs, she outranks Whitney by a lot, especially in a setting like CurvyCon.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

That woman is Ashley Nell Tipton, the first designer of plus-size fashion to win Project Runway. In the world of reality celebs, she outranks Whitney by a lot, especially in a setting like CurvyCon.

She’s also not nearly as big as Whitney. She can actually wear clothes. Look at her shoes. Can you imagine Whitney trying to wear a shoe with an ankle strap? It doesn’t seem out of the question to me that this woman would like more designers to design clothes for people her size, especially when she’s done it herself. I am willing to bet, however, that even a designer like her sees the near impossibility of designing fashionable clothes for someone as big as Whitney. She has no shape. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dot said:

I had forgotten that awful orange tanktop Twit wore with such pride -- from her very own frumpwear line, I presume.

The Great Pumpkin really DOES exist! 

• Love 3

Twit's deliberately ambiguous caption of her with her gay MBFFL producer has the fans giddy with happiness about her mating up with such a handsome fellow. *gag*

If it hasn't already disappeared, she posted a video of her & Tal in an automobile sing-a-long -- WHILE SHE WAS DISTRACTEDLY DRIVING. When she makes videos in her moving car, I get really pissed off. That's as bad as texting or talking on the phone. I hope a cop stops her & gives her a $1,000 fine.

ETA: the profile video added a video of Twit in bed with Henchi at her head.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I am willing to bet, however, that even a designer like her sees the near impossibility of designing fashionable clothes for someone as big as Whitney. She has no shape. 

To be fair, a circle is a shape, 

• Love 5

I had never heard of cameo before reading this thread, thanks for the enlightenment. I find it hard to believe anyone would shell out money for a what 15 second recorded message. I bet every time Twit gets a notification that someone paid the 15.00 - she probably thinks about what toppings she wants on the pizza that she will buy with her new found cameo wealth.

Also, from her IG it looks like both Buddy & Heather were in AK. If some guy that I truly liked ghosted me like Buddy, why the hell would I want to be on a vacation with him.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Also, from her IG it looks like both Buddy & Heather were in AK. If some guy that I truly liked ghosted me like Buddy, why the hell would I want to be on a vacation with him.

Heather went home to Greensboro before Buddy arrived in AK. I am thinking that's how all the story arcs in S-6 will be played out: when Heather's in one, Buddy isn't & vice versa.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Ah that make sense, was her ass wiper  life partner Tal there ? 

As best I can tell Tal & Todd went home at the same time as Heather, leaving Twit & the parents in AK until Buddy arrived.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, Ketzel said:

Ashley's dress is stunning!

• Love 4
On 9/8/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ketzel said:

Twit's feet are hanging over the sides of her shoes.

• Love 5
On 9/8/2018 at 3:13 PM, Dot said:

I also went to the Cameo website & scrolled thru the "Reality" group. Boy, "smaller" is actually hyperbole. Granted, I don't watch much reality TV, but out of several hundred ppl in the group, I only recognized a half-dozen besides Tal & Twit. Calling these ppl celebrities, no matter how small, is really absurd.

I recognized Chumlee from Pawn Stars, and Dog the Bounty Hunter, and wife.

3 hours ago, cdp73 said:

Twit's feet are hanging over the sides of her shoes.

As always! lol.

I’ve made an observation about Twit! She thinks of herself as the Queen of the “fat” people (I used fat because that’s what she uses.) Anyway, I noticed when she’s around her followers or dance class girls, she feels so much more superior and loves all the attention that she gets from them.  An example of her feeling superior is when Avi’s girlfriend, Nada, came to visit and she couldn’t finish that hike and Twit just had to show her up.  However, when she’s around “big” women that are superior to her, she doesn’t like it because she is no longer the “Queen Bee” and no one is fawning all over her or even cares.  I’m sure when there’s 1000 other women like her and actually have lives, careers, husbands, kids etc, she hates it because she’s no longer “superior” to them!  

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

As always! lol.

I’ve made an observation about Twit! She thinks of herself as the Queen of the “fat” people (I used fat because that’s what she uses.) Anyway, I noticed when she’s around her followers or dance class girls, she feels so much more superior and loves all the attention that she gets from them.  An example of her feeling superior is when Avi’s girlfriend, Nada, came to visit and she couldn’t finish that hike and Twit just had to show her up.  However, when she’s around “big” women that are superior to her, she doesn’t like it because she is no longer the “Queen Bee” and no one is fawning all over her or even cares.  I’m sure when there’s 1000 other women like her and actually have lives, careers, husbands, kids etc, she hates it because she’s no longer “superior” to them!  

Could not agree more!! Honestly to me, besides anything else, the spreading health misinformation on a scripted show etc....the most unsettling part of Whitney is how mean she truly is to someone when they are vulnerable and she feels "better/more important" than them. An overweight internet follower who unknowingly compliments her for weight loss will be absolutely lambasted bc she's angry deep-down and needs a target. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Emma C said:

I feel like being the Queen of Fat Girls is a lot like being the tallest midget (little person).

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed person reigns. But no, they're not really similar. Ya can't change being an LP or visually impaired. 

Edited by Colleenna
Additional thought.
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2018 at 3:15 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Btw - can I tell you how much I hate that name. I despise when the word curvy is used to replace fat. They are not remotely the same thing. 

As an obese woman, I totally agree.  Ain't nothin' curvy about me.

• Love 2

Twit posted a new workout video on all platforms of SM - I guess they are called rope pulls. She plops down on the ground and her ass shakes as much as dropping a jello shot on the floor. 

.  I guess I am stumped that for what 6 months she has been working out, presumably eating healthy and doesn't look like she has dropped any weight. I think she has it in her mindset that because she worked out, she can eat what she wants. 

image.png.20e766955eabb665dcc95cd193c9ecfa.png

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Twit posted a new workout video on all platforms of SM - I guess they are called rope pulls. She plops down on the ground and her ass shakes as much as dropping a jello shot on the floor. 

.  I guess I am stumped that for what 6 months she has been working out, presumably eating healthy and doesn't look like she has dropped any weight. I think she has it in her mindset that because she worked out, she can eat what she wants. 

image.png.20e766955eabb665dcc95cd193c9ecfa.png

WTF is that supposed to be? Must be something Crossfit because I've never seen anything like that before.

ETA: I'm talking about her new vid.  The picture of her stuffing her face, I've seen.

Edited by Colleenna
Clarity
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I guess I am stumped that for what 6 months she has been working out, presumably eating healthy and doesn't look like she has dropped any weight.

I don't think Whitney has devoted herself to healthy eating in the last six months. The only evidence we have that she even approached healthy eating was her whiney/pompous appearances on Will Powell's eating protocol panel videos. Remember - she lectured all the other athletes on how unhealthy their strict eating regimens were, asserted that her main issue was that she didn't eat enough, and ended by complaining about the nutritional coach who came to her house to teach her better eating habits, because no one had ever taught her anything about healthy eating before? And then she dropped off the panel, and that was the last we heard of that.

As for the working out, there was this bit of insight into her actual commitment to that. From her August 23 Facebook page:

Back at the end of March, Will Powell challenged me to clean and jerk 100 pounds. . . .

The goal was to lift once a week, but I’ve been out of town so much and my back has been out of commission here and there, so we’ve had about 10 lifting sessions in total....

Whitney loves to screw around in the gym, taping herself and getting atta-girls from Jessica and Will, and tons of breathless admiration from her instagram followers.  But making significant changes in her diet and exercise program, changes that would be effective in improving her physical condition,  requires sacrifice and discipline, and those are two things Whitney avoids like fresh salmon and broccoli.

• Love 11

Once again Whitney’s form and attention to detail sucks. I looked up the rope pull/climb exercise. It’s an early exercise to help move toward the ability to climb the rope. It’s an upper body exercise. This video shows that while the first stage includes using your feet, they are primarily for stability. Whitney is basically pushing her feet under her instead of pulling with her arms. And we know her legs are strong since they lug her body around all the time.

also - it is not a race. Whitney does everything super fast just to say it’s done. That’s not going to get results. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2