Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: DNR

CooperTV

I thought this was one of the best episodes this season. Everyone was in it, lots of things actually happened, plus there were some fantastic character interactions. The Raven and Murphy scene was really quite excellent. I don't think Raven is going anywhere. There'll be some magical solution to save her brain. I won't miss Harper or Jasper--I hope Monty doesn't end up staying with them. (I had a real hard time believing ALL those people were ready to just peace out.)

And I'm glad Clarke didn't become commander. Yet anyway. 

• Love 2

I actually kinda liked Jasper there for a minute? I think. Not when he was being a drunk douche but the earlier scene where they decide they're not going to the bunker and they know it means they'll all die and that was ok.

23 minutes ago, taragel said:

I don't think Raven is going anywhere. There'll be some magical solution to save her brain.

I'm more than ok with some hand-wavy science thing that saves her because darn it she's the best thing on the show so they can't kill her. I really loved her plot in this episode. I liked that she got some closure with Murphy, and of course she's going to go out on her terms if she's going to die anyway. I'm glad she got a helpful Becca this time round and I really hope she makes it to space. The show going full circle and sending someone back up to space would be kind of cool. 

The Grounders always being on the edge of war and the shifting factions and alliances between the various groups and Skykru is getting old. At least next week looks more interesting with them sorting it out with a final fight, please let that be the end of the overdone  politicking. 

Also, I'm glad Octavia came back in time to be useful. I didn't like her Ilian plot at all. I hope we're done with him because he was awful.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, taragel said:

I thought this was one of the best episodes this season. Everyone was in it, lots of things actually happened, plus there were some fantastic character interactions. The Raven and Murphy scene was really quite excellent. I don't think Raven is going anywhere. There'll be some magical solution to save her brain. I won't miss Harper or Jasper--I hope Monty doesn't end up staying with them. (I had a real hard time believing ALL those people were ready to just peace out.)

And I'm glad Clarke didn't become commander. Yet anyway. 

This episode has me completely convinced that the nuclear whatever is never going to happen.

I think some remnant of Jo from Eureka (sorry can't remember her name) is actually leading Raven to a solution to the nuclear whatever and whatever is happening to her brain has been misdiagnosed.

Plus they are never going to trap everyone in a bunker and given how ok I am with Jasper dying it will never happen, 

I've come to really like Roan.  him stopping Clarke become the commander didn't hurt.

I also still find myself continuously baffled that I've come to consider Murphy a favorite.

• Love 4

Death wave is coming in 6 days, let's plant some seeds.  WTF ?  

Unless they plant those seeds in a heavily shielded bunker they are probably going to be incinerated -- remember that the Death wave destroyed the pyramid and the Sphinx, and incinerated a human being in seconds. Which means it will destroy all the top soil which means nothing will grow, and all the animals will be dead, and all the plants will be destroyed.

Still no indication of how they know that the death wave is coming or how they know the exact day.  
I'm starting to feel more and more like Milhouse watching Itchy and Scratchy's trip to the fireworks factory on The Simpsons -- the Death Wave will never get here, and just get forgotten about.

Raven isn't going anywhere because the rocket has no fuel -- so has head-Rebecca even thought about that.  They never did bring enough rocket fuel back from Arkadia.

Jaha mentioned that there was a working water filtration plant in the bunker (Yay !!), but there was no mention if there was food for 1200 people for 5 years -- because it's going take a while to get a greenhouse producing to feed that many people (and it's not going to be producing anything in 6 days).  And where are they going to get the seeds from for the wide variety of crops necessary before everyone dies of malnutrition or scurvy (or both) ?  At least they won't die of dehydration.

And we get the return of "Do whatever we want" from S1.  

Blah, blah, blah, flamekeeper, whatever.

Did Clarke call the Death Wave "primefiya" or something like that ?  They actually have a phrase for Death Wave already -- something they only found out about a few days ago in show time.

And now it's going to be a battle royale for the right to claim the bunker because no one wants to go sharesies.  Sure, why not ?

And travel time from Rebecca's island back to Polis continues to get shorter and shorter -- I guess someone has been paving roads or something in the interim to speed up travel by truck.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Raven isn't going anywhere because the rocket has no fuel -- so has head-Rebecca even thought about that.  They never did bring enough rocket fuel back from Arkadia

I might be misremembering (which is entirely possible since I'm usually doing something else while watching this show now) didn't they have some fuel but not enough to get into space and come back? If that was the case, Raven might have enough a supply left so she can have her spacewalk. If not, I'm sure her superbrain can figure something out. If they're going to kill her (and I really hope they don't) I want her to go out with a bang. Let her have something good, the show will punish her in the end anyway.

Jaha mentioned that there was a working water filtration plant in the bunker (Yay !!), but there was no mention if there was food for 1200 people for 5 years -- because it's going take a while to get a greenhouse producing to feed that many people (and it's not going to be producing anything in 6 days).  And where are they going to get the seeds from for the wide variety of crops necessary before everyone dies of malnutrition or scurvy (or both) ?  At least they won't die of dehydration.

This is why I don't really blame the Arkers who don't want to go in the bunker. They've lived like that in a confined space with limited resources before and it wasn't a picnic. At least they have a choice this time. 

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 4

Jasper was insufferable as usual.. Being a pied piper of despair and apathy masquerading  As freedom.. Ugh Abby for the second week straight... How selfish and narrow minded can she be... She has to know all out war is coming if no commander is sworn in.. So what does she do... Torpedo Clarke's attempt to salvage the situation... Granted I don't want Clarke as commander... And I think trikru is in the right to want to eliminate azgeda... Abby still was in the wrong. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dippydee said:

This is why I don't really blame the Arkers who don't want to go in the bunker. They've lived like that in a confined space with limited resources before and it wasn't a picnic. At least they have a choice this time. 

This is the exact reason why this whole "party until we die" attitude makes no sense to me. Because they have lived in a confined space before. They were content to live out their entire lives on that ship so why now are they so upset about having to live in a bunker for only 5 years? Sure, it'll kind of suck but they were willing to spend their whole lives on the ark before so for all those people to decide they'd rather die than live in the bunker for 5 years makes no sense to me. Whatever though. Emo Harper is even worse than Emo Jasper so if they all end up dying, I'm cool with that. Just don't take Monty down with you!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

This is the exact reason why this whole "party until we die" attitude makes no sense to me. Because they have lived in a confined space before. They were content to live out their entire lives on that ship so why now are they so upset about having to live in a bunker for only 5 years?

But it's 5 more years of that after all the stuff they've already been through. Being dropped from space as part of an experiment, all the grounder skirmishes, dealing with the Mountain Men. I'm sure it's all tiring for them and their grand reward for all this? Live underground with even more limited resources for another 5 years? Ehh can't say I blame them too much. I will say that I thought Harper's decision to join them was a little quick and I feel bad for Monty who's choosing his friends instead of  what he really wanted. That said, they may not get the bunker after all if Octavia loses the Bunker Games so who knows.

I wish the writers hadn't gone for Thermonuclear War as their BigBad for the season, it's so hard to write your way out of that corner, it's just too big. Then again if this is a way to reduce the cast it may make sense as a way to getting back to a small core group.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I haven't actually thought about the realities of bunker life because I don't think it will happen.  Its probably the writers excuse too.

But now that you mention it, if they do end up the bunker then next season is going to be the Skaikru leadership angst-ing  over whether to tell the remaining survivors after a first wave of famine that soy lent green is people not Jaha's greenhouse or whatever generating food.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, dippydee said:

If not, I'm sure her superbrain can figure something out. If they're going to kill her (and I really hope they don't) I want her to go out with a bang. Let her have something good, the show will punish her in the end anyway.

Hopefully the 100 writers don't do what they did to Lewis on 'Last Man on Earth' -- plane crashes on take off, and that's all, rarely mentioned again.

15 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Did Clarke call the Death Wave "primefiya" or something like that ?  They actually have a phrase for Death Wave already -- something they only found out about a few days ago in show time.

They've been calling it prime fire (with an accent) for a while -- it's what they called the original nuclear disaster that destroyed humanity, IIRC. What I loved, though, is that the Grounder word for "fight" is apparently "throw down" with an accent. Whenever I decode a new Grounder word, I think about the great continuum of sci-fi languages, with the linguists making High Valyrian for Game of Thrones on one end and the The 100 writers going "use 20th century slang with an accent" on the other.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, dippydee said:

I might be misremembering (which is entirely possible since I'm usually doing something else while watching this show now) didn't they have some fuel but not enough to get into space and come back? If that was the case, Raven might have enough a supply left so she can have her spacewalk.

I remember the same thing.  

Once again, Abby risks everyone else's lives for Clarke.  Not saying Clarke assuming the new Commander role would have been a good idea (considering she has issues dealing the egos in Arcadia, I can only imagine her having to put up with several tribes), but it still was another selfish move on Abby's part.

Jasper and his merry band of party goers decided they rather die then be locked up in a bunker, so they stay behind.  Harper is part of that gang, so now Monty is staying with them as well.  I don't know, Monty.  I get Harper's cool and all (well, not right now, since she seems majorly depressed), but is she worth dying for?  Granted, I think Monty staying means everything is going to work out for this group (hell, they might fare better then everyone else at the rate things are going at the tower...)

Raven is now talking to a Invisible Becca, and is planning on launching herself into space and spacewalking one last time, since apparently it is too late to save her brain now.  At least her scene with Murphy was nice and well-acted.  Again though, I wouldn't be surprised if they find some way to have it all work out for her.

The tribes are now going to have some kind of "Bunker Games", to determine who wins the bunker.  Clarke and Bellamy freak out over not knowing how to fight like a Grounder, which naturally leads to Octavia showing up to hopefully save the day.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I get why some wouldn't want Clark as the commander and it's also somewhat predictable, but I actually do want to have her as the commander, especially since it would change the status quo of the show a little bit. Sure, there would probably still be shifting alliances and backstabbing, but at least it would change the outsider status of Skaikru. So I was screaming with anticipation when the ceremony began, only to be let down.

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, from a pure writing point of view, I kind of like that they defied our expectations by immediately removing the idea that Clarke would be the Commander. On the other hand, I would have liked for her to be reunited with Lexa's spirit again, and I would have been interested to see how she changed once she had the chip in her brain.

Also, just because we keep noting when The 100 imitates another show: the ending of Dollhouse had the main character download some kind of neural imprint of a person she loved who had died and that's how they stayed together, talking to each other in her head. I thought that was weird, but I would have been okay with it as an ending for Lexa and Clarke.

3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Raven is now talking to a Invisible Becca, and is planning on launching herself into space and spacewalking one last time, since apparently it is too late to save her brain now.  At least her scene with Murphy was nice and well-acted.  Again though, I wouldn't be surprised if they find some way to have it all work out for her.

I'm not sure what I think will happen to Raven. Odds are it turns out to be a good thing that she stays behind and does all this rocket prep, because the plot will whip around somehow so that she has a chance to save everybody by going to space. Maybe she'll die in the process or maybe she won't -- I have no idea where this story's headed anymore or what it's about. But I guess there's some symmetry with her getting ready to die and the people at Arkadia getting ready to die? So maybe they all choose to live or something?

This reminds me, though, that I'm suspicious of Becca. There was a very Allie-like moment where, after Raven had that nice moment with Murphy, Becca curtly asked if they could please keep working and it made me wonder what her real angle is.

3 hours ago, SourK said:

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, from a pure writing point of view, I kind of like that they defied our expectations by immediately removing the idea that Clarke would be the Commander. On the other hand, I would have liked for her to be reunited with Lexa's spirit again, and I would have been interested to see how she changed once she had the chip in her brain.

This is exactly why I want her to do it. It's bizarre to me that Clarke isn't doing everything she can to implant the chip so that she can have Lexa in her head. Not to mention that it would be nice to see her try to continue Lexa's legacy. Otherwise, what was the point of all that??

I'm not especially loving this season. It just feels like a rehash of a story we've seen before on this show.

I'm not worried about Raven.

Jasper and his crew remind me of every bro and bro-ette in college who partied all the time, never went to class, and then complained when they flunked out.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

I haven't watched this episide, yet. I'm gonna let them pile up until the finale, I think. Spoiled myself with the ep rundown though. After the whole ALIE plot last year and nuclear armageddon this year, I can't seem to muster any desire to see this play out. Definitely preferred a different survival story than this became. I just don't see the 'journeys' these characters are supposedly going on. To me, it just looks like they're going in circles: Raven's super-powered and afflicted (what's new); Bellamy's angsting over self-worth (rinse, repeat); Clarke is conveniently forgetting any leadership lessons she's ever learned when presented with a similar scenario; Abby's inhabiting her usual dumb-as-shit doctor role/unable to let Clarke go (since season one); Kane's peace-peacing whilst ignoring all reason or at the very least lacking situational awareness (same ol'); and Jaha's Jahaing, as usual. I find that although characters have moments of clarity or enlightenment, it's very often played only for the moment and seldom carries over, so you're left watching a very cyclical story with cyclical characterization. There are exceptions of course--Murphy comes to mind (although I'm not as enamoured with him as most are).

Also, I don't know if it is the budget limiting the stories they can do, or what, but constantly referring to 'wars' (since season one) that never really materialize is ridiculous-especially in season four. They've had skirmishes and like, one battle, that's it. Stop calling everything war. Most of their confrontations are wrapped up in a day.

It's looking more and more likely that the finale script leaks are legit, in which case, it'll be the third season finale that leaves me cold for next season.* I agree with those who've said that the show peaked in season two.

*by finale, I generally mean the last minute or so.

Edited by Solace247
Spelling and clarification
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, madam magpie said:

Jasper and his crew remind me of every bro and bro-ette in college who partied all the time, never went to class, and then complained when they flunked out.

Through all the scenes with the party-til-we-die crew, I kept yelling at Jaha and the others trying to get them out of the locked room, "Just let them die!" If they refuse to help themselves, much less anyone else, they do not deserve saving. I would have more respect for Jasper and crew if they all made a reasoned decision to stay but helped those who were leaving to get ready, rather than just use the latest threat to survival as another excuse to party on. I was also angry at Harper for not leaving with Monty, especially after he came back--I get that she's depressed, but they are all in the same boat (well, ark) and she knows that her refusal to leave dooms him as well. Maybe that's romantic to some, but I never saw them as a great romance--certainly not worth Monty's giving up on life.

• Love 2
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎27 at 11:09 AM, dippydee said:

the Bunker Games

LOL, that was brilliant! I think Octavia's previous scene where she slaughtered the three attackers with ease was meant to show she will Katniss the hell out of this tournament, but....for which tribe? Her loyalties are somewhat divided.  As for Jasper and the Death Party, they were all prisoners on the Ark, so it sort of makes sense that they wouldn't want to be forced into confinement again, even if they are now free.......sort of. I don't think the group would be that big and Harper suddenly flipping and deciding to join them came out of nowhere. That was ridiculous, there was never any indication she was having any thoughts along those lines, she was perfectly happy being with Monty.

• Love 3

Quite a good episode, at least for this season. Stuff actually happened. Although, four seasons in, I'm bored with 'Clarke tries to get everyone to work together to save themselves and they choose to fight each other instead'.

On 27/04/2017 at 9:09 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Death wave is coming in 6 days, let's plant some seeds.  WTF ?  

Unless they plant those seeds in a heavily shielded bunker they are probably going to be incinerated -- remember that the Death wave destroyed the pyramid and the Sphinx, and incinerated a human being in seconds. Which means it will destroy all the top soil which means nothing will grow, and all the animals will be dead, and all the plants will be destroyed.

Still no indication of how they know that the death wave is coming or how they know the exact day. 

It's the fish. The fish deaths are progressive and measurable. Yes, this makes no sense but that's how they measured it.

Re the planting seeds: I kind of liked this. It was indicative of the Grounders' ignorance vs the Arkers' science. 'People survived before so we survived this time' is extremely human. They don't understand what radiation is so they think it's like a normal fire. Remember this was the guy who destroyed all tech because 'tech bad'. He's not exactly a brain surgeon. Or really a character. He's just a cipher to Octavia's daily motivation changes.

On 28/04/2017 at 2:10 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Jasper was insufferable as usual.. Being a pied piper of despair and apathy masquerading  As freedom..

Jasper is nothing but a nihilist. Having everyone, including the writers, suddenly decide he's all about 'living vs just surviving' annoyed me more than it should have. He's literally about neither of those things. He's about 'everything is pointless, may as well drink'.

On 28/04/2017 at 2:48 AM, Rachel RSL said:

This is the exact reason why this whole "party until we die" attitude makes no sense to me. Because they have lived in a confined space before. They were content to live out their entire lives on that ship so why now are they so upset about having to live in a bunker for only 5 years? Sure, it'll kind of suck but they were willing to spend their whole lives on the ark before so for all those people to decide they'd rather die than live in the bunker for 5 years makes no sense to me. Whatever though. Emo Harper is even worse than Emo Jasper so if they all end up dying, I'm cool with that. Just don't take Monty down with you!

I can understand people who have experienced physical freedom for the first time not wanting to go back to that. But I didn't get that vibe at all from Harper. She seemed perfectly grounded and reasonable until they needed her to drag Monty into this death cult.  It annoys me because the idea that you would choose death rather than he confinement and uncertainty of the bunker plan - especially when you'll be coming back into a newly-blasted Earth that may not sustain life anyway - was an interesting idea. But they've chosen to do it in the most trite way possible. Which may be the theme song of this season.

Also, they made some comment about 'taking Jaha's orders for the next five years' and I was thinking 'why would they be taking Jaha's orders'? And then the next scene had Jaha in charge. Why? When did that happen? Why are people obeying Jaha over Bellamy? This seems like one of those nonsensical devices they use to drive home a point. We're going back to the future, people. Just look at Jaha ordering everybody around!

On 28/04/2017 at 11:55 AM, MostlyC said:

Props to both Murphy and Bellamy in this episode.  I like them a lot this season.

I still can't get over Bellamy's OOC actions last season. I really can't. But I appreciate as usual what the actor is selling. I just don't think any other character on the show would get this treatment. This is his second redemption arc, exactly what I didn't want to have to sit through. Redemption once is interesting. Redemption twice isn't redemption; it's just a routine cessation to being an asshole.

On 28/04/2017 at 5:52 PM, nosleepforme said:

I get why some wouldn't want Clark as the commander and it's also somewhat predictable, but I actually do want to have her as the commander, especially since it would change the status quo of the show a little bit.

I wanted her to be the Commander this season. Trying to bring the clans together to rebuild with no external threat would have been far more subtle and interesting than this sledgehammer plot. How do you get people to work together when their only motivation to do so is a better future for their children rather than defeating [BIG BAD EVIL THING]? It could have concluded that you can't. With the way things are in the world today, I totally believe that. But it would have allowed for a far more subtle investigation of the themes of power, self-interest and survival over living. Instead, we have this ridiculous overblown existential threat of a radiation wave and once again the show is about Clarke trying to get everyone to work together to save themselves but failing because of human self-interest while she herself is compromised by the responsibility of power. Again.

One good thing about this episode, it brought Bellamy back to Clarke after his walk in the wilderness of his soul or whatever that was that only lasted two episodes. At least it beat Octavia's "I am a farmer not a warrior, I will build not destroy" phase that lasted for four hours. Having Bellamy with Clarke will always make this show better.

• Love 3
On 4/29/2017 at 8:40 AM, Paloma said:

I would have more respect for Jasper and crew if they all made a reasoned decision to stay but helped those who were leaving to get ready, rather than just use the latest threat to survival as another excuse to party on.

This. Frankly, if I were in their shoes, I'd probably be among them, because I've never really been on board with the whole "survival above all, no matter how much it sucks" concept. But I wouldn't be running around trying to convert others to my viewpoint and generally being an asshole about it. I fully respect those who feel differently, and who would be prepared to do whatever it takes and put up with whatever conditions they have to to survive, just as I would want them to respect me and my choices. I'd be fully on board with helping others get ready to ship out — heck, for those who seem to be in this camp because they're currently depressed, rather than because they're truly not interested in the sucktastic future they're anticipating (like Harper), that might even restore some of their faith, or will to live, or whatever they need to carry on.

But yeah, as others have said, there's a fairly interesting philosophical debate here, if only they'd chosen to explore it a little better, rather than just defaulting to Jasper's incessant obnoxiousness. I also agree with those who have guessed that the apocalypse will not come, because getting rid of Jasper seems like far too desirable an outcome for that to actually happen.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:01 PM, Daltrey said:

LOL, that was brilliant! I think Octavia's previous scene where she slaughtered the three attackers with ease was meant to show she will Katniss the hell out of this tournament, but....for which tribe? Her loyalties are somewhat divided.

Indeed. Certainly that ending suggests that she's there to fight for Skaikru, but who knows? And even if she does, she'd probably be prepared to kill Roan, but if we assume that Indra will be Trikru's Tribute, do we really think Octavia would be prepared to kill her? Conversely, I wouldn't put it past Roan to pull an "incapacitate the competition, declare himself the new commander, and decide that they'll al work together after all." He does seem more open to compromise than some, even if it's rather tenuous much of the time.

On the other hand, as discussed above, the whole thing will probably become moot anyway, at least as far as needing to defend against the apocalypse goes.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

I also agree with those who have guessed that the apocalypse will not come, because getting rid of Jasper seems like far too desirable an outcome for that to actually happen.

It's a shame that we've reached the point that Jasper's death is such a desirable outcome! Although he was never one of my favorite characters, I did find him interesting in the Mt. Weather story. But for a long time now he has been incredibly obnoxious, and what makes it worse is that he has recruited others who might have made a different choice without his constant "party until we die" attitude and reckless behavior. If Monty dies (which I'm sure the writers will find a way to avoid), Jasper will be the one to blame not only for Monty's death but for the loss of his important skills to the rest of the group's future survival in the bunker or wherever. 

• Love 1

Welcome back to Meta Station, after that way-too-long hiatus! We were decidedly 50/50 on this episode, brimming with love and affection for the heartfelt, earned character moments happening in Arkadia and Science Island, and HEAVILY side-eyeing the white savior "Chosen One" business happening over in Polis. (We also hated Octavia's whole storyline, which we posted as a stand-alone segment here: Meta-station – The-octavia-problem)

0:00 - We Were REAL MIXED On this Episode’s Weird Blend of Intimate Character Moments and Bloodthirsty War Boners
0:02 - Murphy and Raven Shattered Our Hearts Into Tiny Pieces WHAT KIND OF GORGEOUS AND IMPECCABLY STRUCTURED CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
0:11 - Murphy Is So Happy to Have a Family Again
0:16 - We Don’t Think Raven’s Actually Going to Die, So What’s the Becca Hallucination Really Trying to Tell Her?
0:28 - Please God Please Let That 412 Plot Description Mean We’re Getting a Princess Mechanic Reunion
0:33 - Erin’s Space Theory Is Amazing
0:39 - Harper Is NOT a Coward: Time For Some Real Talk About Depression and Suicide
0:45 - Drink! “Hamilton” Reference!
0:57 - Our High Hopes For Substantive S4 Jasper & Monty Content Have Basically Been Dashed at This Point
1:03 - Bellamy Gets Sexed Back to Life, Says Goodbye to Two of His Children, and Breaks Our Hearts
1:09 - Original Flavor “YOU HAVE NO FREE WILL” Jaha Stops By For a Quick Visit
1:14 - SINCE WHEN ARE EITHER KANE OR ABBY THIS FUCKING STUPID?????????????????
1:17 - How Is “I Made a Deal With Roan So Fuck Lexa’s Whole Clan” Transcending Tribalism?
1:23 - The Problem With Clarke’s Arc Is that Nobody Can Emotionally Connect to Abstractions
1:39 - This Political Battle For Power Might Land Better If We Had Any Actual Backstory For the Azgeda/Trikru War
1:44 - Claire Gets to Reference Lord John Marbury and Is Very Excited
1:50 - We Gotta Talk About This White Savior Business, Fam
1:57 - It’s Time to Talk About How Badly This Show Handles the Concept of Religion and Faith (HINT: It Doesn’t Inherently Make You Think Science Is the Devil!)

This Bunker games (or last man/woman standing gets the bunker) will be stopped somehow by something or someone, there are 4 episode left, either Raven come up with something or a "colony" will arrive and save them.

• Love 1

What's funny is that this is technically the first episode I saw....well, the first five minutes or so. I ended up tuning in when this aired on TV when I got too lazy to change the channel or shut the TV off after Arrow. I've heard so many good things about this show, and decided to give the show a chance, though I didn't sit through this entire episode and ended up shutting it off anyway. But this jump started my interest in putting it higher on my list of shows to watch (and it was really Raven who caught my interest). 

Huh. Were they actually hinting at Miller/Jackson? I mean, I know Miller is having issues with his boyfriend Bryan, but...I could get behind these two.

Sorry, Indra. Roan and his sexy body trumps you and your group, despite you doing so much for Skaikru, way more than Roan has. I would have been fine if Clarke became the Commander, though. I feel like Clarke would have been doing it for Lexa, to honour her legacy. Plus, we might have gotten more cameos from Alycia. 

I was so satisfied with Riley the Great and Mopey Jasper leading the Suicide Squad. Let them live out their days the way they want to, I say. And then it got ruined by Monty following Harper (though maybe Monty has some elaborate plan?). God, just let these people die. Just leave a map on how to get to the bunker if they change their minds and leave (which I'm gonna guess that they did). Bellamy's right, for once in a while. Just...let them make their own choices. Though I assume that most of the group will end up heading to the bunker next episode.

Seriously, what was with this stupid Ilian plot? Like many things, it could have been erased for better storylines. It just wasted my time, and Octavia's. The early seasons hinted at Jasper/Octavia before Lincoln showed up and became her legit love interest. Maybe this season should have had those two in a plot together. It would have given Octavia and Jasper a better arc to work with that wasn't Jasper being a complete suicidal dickhead and Octavia being some emotionless killer. 

And to end of the high note of the already solid episode. Raven/Murphy are my two favourite characters (sorry Bellamy; you were knocked out of that second position by Murphy). Though....wait, Murphy suggested that they ride it out in the lighthouse bunker. So THAT place can protect people from radiation but the huge ass mansion and lab can't? At least we got a good Raven/Murphy scene where Murphy apologized for shooting her. 

• Love 1